Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

(ACE) The MARSH Team

Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 5 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Fri May 28, 2021 11:20 am

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 5 NtXit1p

Great Marsh|Morning (139)

Shenron looked down for only a moment as he walked to avoid some broken glass. Just a moment. He looked up just in time to see Seek drop from the window on the door and dash inside. Panic seized his heart and he ran to see.. So many. He heard the voices. The uproar was enough to set his scales on edge. But he hadn't expected so many..! Panic switched to defensive protective feelings. His eyes darted around as his nostrils flared. He was ready to attack. To rip, tear and die getting the kit back. His tail lashed as the fire burning started to flare and his eyes zeroed in on the Floatzel. The pet carrier. Was Eleroo inside? Shenron pulled his lip back baring his teeth with hot air pouring through his teeth
    "Cease what you are doing and return the kit..."

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:45 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 5 KugUZ7n

Pastoria Gym|Morning

Felix follows them until the reach the main area. There he was, the Floatzel and a carrier. Soon as the Floatzel kicked it, the sylveon recognized that yelp. Eleroo! "Leave him alone!" Seek jolted forward stopping short of the water type. Even though she was furious, they couldn't just defeat him easily. Not even outright in physical combat would help unless they risk Eleroo being attacked or knocked into the water."Cease what you are doing and return the kit..." Now even Shenron was demanding Eleroo's release. Felix looked at the Floatzel seeing his facial expression showing that he didn't care for their words. It was time to fight with truth instead of those lies that the Floatzel spewed out. He obviously thinks this place is safe from the undead. In this world there is no true safe place, only temporary breathing room spots. Only a fool would believe such slanderous gimmicks of safety in this hell that became their world.

The Sylveon finally spat out his words and he wanted to get to the point immediately. "So we finally meet again." Felix wasn't in a combative stance but he was well aware that the danger is very real and they could die trying to save Eleroo. He also had a secret weapon. Both him and Uxie knows something did happen. If he couldn't get through then Uxie will. "Keeping the other pokemon loyal to you is quite smart with telling them that outsiders attract undead but I'm sure that is the biggest lie I've heard so far. Why lie to them? Why tell them a lie when you know as well as the rest of us that the undead will find anything that may possess life? Felix was going to put as much pressure on the Floatzel as possible. If that didn't work then he will need to get his feelers onto the Floatzel.
    Uxie
    Uxie
    Veteran Mod
    Veteran Mod

Post by Uxie Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:52 pm

(OoC: I shall skip this round.)

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 5 OP6jjuQ
    UXIE |♎| THE SAFEHOUSE MANAGER
    ✥ Tutto è permesso in amore ed in guerrA. ✥

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:38 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 5 PahNIaG
    Pastoria Gym || Morning [Storming]
    Eleroo 151 || Seek 165

In that instant Seek forgot herself. Nothing else mattered, the world and Pokemon around her faded away as all her thoughts locked on the three shapes in front of her. "Release him!" She shrieked, her voice growing shrill as Eleroo's delicate scent managed to reach her over the stank of the surrounding water types. The Floatzel's angry gaze bore into her, his fingers twitching as he turned to face her. "Why you-!" Again, she could not think, would not, and dropping her sack Seek dashed forward on light paws. She reached out, a delicate white paw nearly reaching the carrier when the Floatzel's foot dug deep into her stomach and kicked her away. Tossed, and forced to land on instinct, the Aiveon was brought back to reality as the wind was driven from her lungs.

Following her lead, or lack of options, her team filed in behind her, demanding, "Cease what you are doing and return the kit..." The crowd was unsettled, barking out threats and spurs that all blended into a white noise of distress. "Oh, now you've done it!" The Floatzel barked above it, the same foot slamming down on top of the carrier as he held it in place. "I told yall to get, back ya just couldn't listen!" "How dare you-!" Seek growled, her mind and lungs still trying to pull themselves together. Raising his voice above the noise Felix tried to take over communications, but his questions held no demands, no reclaiming what was theirs. "---Why lie to them? Why tell them a lie when you know as well as the rest of us that the undead will find anything that may possess life?" Was he still on that, still hankering for answers? As Seek wheezed she had no breath to argue, and if an answer was given she could not refute a valid question.

The Floatzel bared its fangs, his mouth opening wide as it retorted, "Because loud, wounded travelers leaving trials of blood in their wake make for easy and more noticeable targets that put the rest of us at risk. We got our systems and safety, and yall vagrants always incite trouble." With short, quick breaths the Aiveon stared with wide eyes as she listened to the moot point. Were they really going to argue about this again, over something that clearly didn't and then couldn't happen? With the deepest breath she could manage the Aiveon puffed out her chest. "Our trail was already washed away by a downpour, but who cares about that?!" Baring her own fangs she mimicked the movements of the weasel's jaw. "It doesn't matter how we ended up in your stupid town; we just wanted out of that hellhole swamp and didn't plan on staying here. We were trying to leave when you showed up and stole Eleroo from us!"

Splitting a glug of water at Seek the Floatzel growled fiercely as he spoke. "Trying to leave were you, as you let that undead rampage through our town?" Tossing an open-palmed paw their way the scowling weasel looked back at the massive grizzled Swampert. "I told you they were nothing but trouble! I told you we should have chased them out while we had the chance! Now they've just welcomed themselves in to this meeting" A low, rumbling grunt came from the dual types direction. It didn't move, but its scrutinizing gaze was locked firmly on them. "Silence, East." He spoke so smoothly, so firmly  it made even the Aiveon's face relax. "I'm curious to hear more of what these young ones have to say."
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:49 am

Great Marsh|Morning (140)

Shenron really restrained himself. Really felt his muscles poised to attack this Floatzel and ruin his life if not end it. But he didn't. He exhaled and shook his head. Was this some kind of bizzaro world? Had he accidentally consumed some kind of drugs and passed out in a room full of noxious fumes? Hiding did not work. All it would take is one scavenging run and an undead could follow them back here. They could've never come here and this shoddy set-up could easily have been overrun just from negligence. This world was not safe. Would not be safe. They were desperately clinging to this new normal. It was very concerning. Shenron tensed up as the Floatzel stomped his foot on the carrier and his eyes narrowed. Stop doing that god damn it... He was getting infuriated but the Swampert spoke and again his mind and nerves were iced. Even as he snarled mentally ready to attack if this Floatzel dare do anything to the carrier again.
    Shenron would force him into that very carrier and kick him around.

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:14 pm

Pastoria City|Morning

"It doesn't matter how we ended up in your stupid town; we just wanted out of that hellhole swamp and didn't plan on staying here. We were trying to leave when you showed up and stole Eleroo from us!" She was mad. Not like the anger that was towards him before but more towards the you don't take my sibling. It was about to get into a fight but a voice stops the Floatzel. "I'm curious to hear more of what these young ones have to say." Felix stood down as the Swampert talked. So the Floatzel's name is East? It wasn't his place to fully say but that Swampert's voice was calm, collective and clearly more negotiable. This time Felix wasn't going to interrupt. He was going to let Seek talk and tell him the situation that lead to this. He trusts her enough to let her do the talking.

The Sylveon put his feeler on Seek and nods to her. "We have your back Seek. Just tell him everything." With the situation that has happened through the time he fell ill and recovered, things has been rocky. With them wanting to free Eleroo from that cage, it was likely that Eleroo would be set free should they persuade the Swampert that they was only passing through to where they was heading.
    Uxie
    Uxie
    Veteran Mod
    Veteran Mod

Post by Uxie Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:58 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 5 GbQ64e1
    ❖ Pastoria City + Pastoria Gym + Morning + 89 ❖

The legend knew better than to expect anything impressive from the child. She had her moments, but this certainly was not one of them as she charged haphazardly into an angry, crowded room brimming with hostility. The others followed suit, given no alternatives other than supporting their leader. The legend delayed, thinking better of such actions, but eventually entered the room as well as no immediate squabbles were started.

The tension was palpable, practically visible to those with a discerning eye, and the Floatzel wasted no time continuing his prior points. He reiterated, making his stance clear that he held-fast to his beliefs, or possibly just to show the large Swampert what he had already told them. It got them nowhere, however, as Seek remained just as headstrong and threatened to start the same argument over again.

"Silence, East. I'm curious to hear more of what these young ones have to say." The great Pokemon spoke, his voice gaining a commanding hold on all Pokemon in the room. The chatter died back, a quiet taking over as they awaited a longer speech that was not coming. "We have your back Seek. Just tell him everything." Felix encouraged her, his voice subtle. It begged the question, how long would they have to speak, to ask questions? As the disguised Pokemon awaited their repsonse his curious mind had questions abound, many that he could assume or surmise, and others still that he desired a true, clear answer for. Yet he held his tongue, for any would be overdshadowed by Seek before her coming rabble.

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:43 pm

Eleroo 151 || Seek 166

Seek clenched her teeth and remained on edge. Was this what they needed, was this a Pokemon with reason, understanding, and authority? Her hopes did not rise; the Floatzel, East, undoubtedly told him a bunch of lies beforehand, painting them as villains before the masses. Would it really listen to them instead of its subordinate? Her claws curled beneath her pads as she stood, tensely staring at the water Pokemon before her. What was she supposed to do, ask for a private consult? Behind her she could practically feel the tension building within Shenron, and though she trusted the dragon's wisdom a room full of water types did not put him in a good spot. "We have your back Seek. Just tell him everything." Felix encouraged her, his words empowering as she made herself stand a little bit taller. Her companions, no, her friends were with her and she had no choice but stand up for them.

With a deep breath the Aiveon moved her paws together to stand more politely. This was not a fight, at least not at this point, and she would do anything to gain the Swampert's favor. "We didn't come to this town to cause trouble, or even want to stay here. We were only resting after walking though that downpour yesterday, and we were planning on leaving even before he told us to. But we got held up after he attacked us, and we weren't going to travel in the middle of the night!" The chill from the ice still lingered in her pelt, her knew type weakness not something she would soon forget. Was it justified though, who had attacked first? So much had happened she could no longer remember.

"Did he now." The large Pokemon spoke, his voice airy and not quite a question as he eyed the Pokemon in question. "She attacked me first!" East interrupted, his voice sounding more offended than angry. "I had to defend myself; seven-on-one isn't a fair fight! Espcially when you had man and a false god on your side." His long snout turned toward the legend, its disguise meaning nothing to him as he narrowed his eyes. "Where are the others?! Why have you dwindled in size, and why do you continue to lie?!" "Enough, East." The Swampert silenced him once again, both preventing further exasperation and quieting the room for Seek to speak again. Her own pelt felt hot as she suddenly recalled charging the Floatzel in a makeshift dash. Had she caused all this? "...We got separated," she admitted, a hit of regret edging her voice, "and they are not in your town any longer." She breathed, her missing companions still a sore spot in her mind.

For a few moments the Aiveon was silent. Her group had blamed these Pokemon, namely the Floatzel, for their troubles, but was that really fair? The separation was because of Uxie, though it was an accident. They had acknowledged themselves as trespassers, but she was the one who attacked. Had he panicked upon seeing a human, a legend? They also hadn't known about that at that point.. Seek blinked harshly to clear her thoughts. "We're sorry about the damage and the undead, all three of them. We killed each though, we didn't let them run loose in your town." Had East even seen the birds? "You should know one came from inside one of your buildings though, so don't blame us solely for them entering your town." With another deep breath the Aiveon stopped. She needed a moment for her bearings, and the room kept riling up and down with whomever spoke.

"Tsk, I killed the Tropius, don't take credit for that." The Floatzel sneered, his twin tails slapping the ground. "Ain't no proof that other corpse we found was you neither." The Swampert did not give a third warning, instead waving one hand before he spoke. "I believe you planned to leave. Waiting out the night is a logical move, and it sounds as though your stay here was not a peaceful one that would keep you in place." An almost gurgling noise came as the large Pokemon cleared his throat. "I do not condone East's actions, however, as I understand it, you damaged my city, distressed my people, brought man to this town, and left multiple undead corpses for us to dispose of." He leaned forward, and his piecing amber gaze seemed to go straight through the young flying type. "Whether or not your intentions were pure, do you truly believe you do not hold some blame?"
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:50 pm

((OoC: I can't post due to the heat with a currently expensive near unfixable AC and this being a temporary computer. You'll have to skip me))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:42 pm

Pastoria City|Morning

Now that the Swampert mentioned it, they did cause a little bit of a ruckus but it wasn't because of East. Though Felix didn't like to interrupt, it was as if he needed to back her up on this. With a deep breath he did admit they did have a little bit of responsibility for the unwanted trouble. "If I may, I'd like to say something in Seek's defense as well as the rest of us. They had came here the first time to get a medicine I needed. WIthout it, I would have lost a battle with an illness and I might never be able to do anything again. We really didn't mean to cause any trouble to you or anyone else. If there's anything we can do to show our intentions was plainly to free Eleroo and leave without any incident, then name what you wuld want us to do to show proof of that task." Yet Felix didn't trust East and thinks that he would definitely try to sabotage anything to keep good travelers away. This also made him think of something. Why not make East if they succeed do all the tasks that would tire anyone out. 

OoC)) Short post, I'll add more when I can.
    Uxie
    Uxie
    Veteran Mod
    Veteran Mod

Post by Uxie Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:23 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 5 GbQ64e1
    ❖ Pastoria City + Pastoria Gym + Morning + 90 ❖

Uxie was content to listen. As a legendary Pokemon and a being of knowledge he knew being a bystander and witnessing an event was more powerful than intervening. Seek prattled her tale, a bias telling but one she was visibly working to smooth out. She was a confident Pokemon, but her voice was noticeably wary, as though she was not confident in her words. Would a backup voice help or harm her, he wondered.

The recipient was not as endearing to her efforts, and interrupted until told otherwise. "Especially when you had man and a false god on your side." Suddenly the neutral party was brought to attention. Uxie stopped moving in his hover, his closed gaze turning to the accuser. "-why do you continue to lie?!" The Swampert stopped his tirade but the legend felt the call out quite fervently. East's angry reaction the first time was not a fluke, not an action brought on by shock? What was causing such bitter contempt, what made for such sacrilege?

The Legend's very skin seemed to crawl, and while he did not need to stoop to such a level his disguise suddenly felt unneeded. With a shimmer, he dropped it, revealing himself to multiple gasps but fewer than one would expect. Was the Floatzel's opinion shared, or had he simply told these Pokemon prior?

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:43 pm

Eleroo 151 || Seek 167

Seek felt her breath catch in her throat. Why had she come here, why had she burst into this scene with no plan at all?! If they upset him, would they be captured as well? The Aiveon was a very outspoken Pokemon, but suddenly she felt herself stumbling on her own words. "I- we.." What could she say, no? She just admitted they had caused damage, saying no would be an obvious lie. The room suddenly felt much smaller, as though the walls were closing in on her, and the child would have likely stayed frozen had Felix not offered his voice. "If I may, I'd like to say something in Seek's defense as well as the rest of us."  

Seek's eyes widened, alarm rising quickly within her. What was he doing?! He spoke truthfully, earnestly about actions they had taken, but it felt so misplaced given their circumstances. Was it to appeal to their better nature, that what they did was just? Was it a response to the beast's question, that they held blame but it was for a justifiable cause? Surely that was Felix's intention; these Pokemon would not want another survivor dying a needless death. Seek watched the Swampert raise a curious brow, but before it had a chance to speak East's voice was a near shriek in their ears. "You stole from us?!" He gasped, voice more furious than it was surprised. Turning on his heels his twin tails smacked the ground as he growled, "Sir! Sir they literally admitted to theft. You can not let this go unpunished."

With a sharp inhale Seek jumped forward a step, her voice similiarly as shrill. "No no no no no-- You don't understand! It was a highly specific and rare condition with a remedy that has no other use..! It was caked in so much dust no one has needed it in so long-- He would have died without it!" Her voice died away, the argument sounding pitifully weak and incriminating. What was meant to be a 'useless to you' medicine sounded more like a 'highly rare and only cure' they could not replace.

Seek could feel her paws starting to shake. The crowd was growing restless as she mouthed off to their leader, Uxie's little reveal only making it worse as the Swampert once again gained everyone's attention as he spoke. "Enough! Enough... You've sure had a misadventure in your short time here." The large Pokemon took in a rumbling breath, the sound audible before he spoke gently, "I can see your intentions were pure, young one. You care for your friends, and have accepted a great weight in speaking up for them." "Eleroo's part of that! Just let him go and we'll be on our way." She blurted out, her fraying nerves daring to interrupt the brute as he paused.

Its orange gaze tightened, the gentleness fading as it resumed. "It's not that simple," he sighed, his mound of a seat groaning as he repositioned himself to a more upright position. "You wish to be heard, yet you've chosen to ignore my question. Not only that, but you've withheld information, something equitable to lying, and still made demands within my domain." Leaning onto his hind feet the Swampert stood, its size suddenly much more threatening to the small eveelution. "What else are keeping secret? What else will we find once you're gone? What of the damage that we must tend to while you run off unburdened?"
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:55 am

Great Marsh|Morning (141)

Shenron had been listening silently. His tail flicking as he did. Anytime voices were raised a deep rumbling growl formed in his chest. They were exchanging words. As calmly as possible. There was no need to get aggressive or hostile. His eyebrow raised at the Swampert's question and he felt compelled to speak. "What exactly do you mean? We hid in a building in the Marsh. Struck down one of the undead. I intended to burn the corpse to ash to leave no putrid scent for neither living or dead to face or track" His paws were at his shoulders as he made a gesture of confusion. He wanted to know exactly what this Swampert suspected. What was it they were so afraid of? That one shoddy shack could surely not have a massive amount of faith placed in it as a barrier to the undead. That was silly. The undead were like a plague of Munchlax. If they wanted past something for food, they'd get through any natural attempt to keep them out. Humans were clever building their walls and fortresses. Pokemon built or stole dens. At least these Pokemon were clever enough to use discarded human structures to protect themselves. The only saving grace for sure.
    "I only ask out of curiosity... Sir"

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 pm

Pastoria City|Morning

Seek should have told him the truth and in all honesty they do owe at least something. Maybe they can help repair the place they was staying. At least show they wasn’t intending to cause issues. In spite of what Seek may protest, Felix did have a plan. It wasn’t to run off because that would show not only disrespect but also they would be guilty. Now he had to think. He had expertise in psychological medicines mainly via talking and getting to the bottom of the problems. Shenron was good at protecting things which would come in handy. Maybe he could at least carry out a checking of the area so that when they repair the place they was staying that they wouldn’t be ambushed by undead. Seek is the hardest of the group to figure out. What could she do? Foraging isn’t a bad thing but would it be needed? Who was to say but Felix had this gut feeling that East was going to try to harass them or sabotage any efforts made. This did give Felix an idea to tell the Swampert. He wanted to be left alone with the Floatzel. To see how his mind works and what makes him tick. Something in his past maybe that made him distrusting of others.

The Sylveon put his feeler on Seek once more and nods to her. He’s got this so he’ll tell the Swampert what he would appreciate if they at least fixed up the property but also give him the chance to give council to those dealing with psychological trauma. ”Sir, if I may, I know we’ve did cause some damage when an undead broke in but I assure you it was out of self defense. Though the most of the damage was likely caused by an undead Tropius that originated from within the marshlands. Still if you want us to repair the place, we can do that to show good faith and proper guests. I do have something to ask you though if I could just you and me alone. If you would allow it.” Felix then walked up to Seek and whispered something into her ear. ”Trust me on this Seek, we can’t afford to come all the way here and become criminals to this Swampert. He’s shown no disrespect towards us and he does rule this place so we shouldn’t do something that would endanger us all.” After that he would wait on what the Swampert would decide and whether a slight break for them to so he could talk with the Swampert alone.
    Uxie
    Uxie
    Veteran Mod
    Veteran Mod

Post by Uxie Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:43 pm

(OoC: I shall skip this round.)

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:05 pm

Eleroo 151 || Seek 168

"What exactly do you mean? We hid in a building in the Marsh. Struck down one of the undead. I intended to burn the corpse to ash to leave no putrid scent for neither living or dead to face or track." The Swampert moved its gaze slowly over to the fire type. "Though I assume you did so without seeking thanks, I am grateful to your eradication efforts. As long as consequences within the marsh stay within the marsh, that is outside of my protocol." He paused, taking a moment to breathe before finishing with, "However, I can also assume that by claiming some of our medicines for yourself you entered places you had no right entering. What else have you taken, tampered with, or damaged?" While he ended on a question he did not wait for an answer. "You've been here a full day, and we've seen you take local food for yourself, though did not mention that either."

"I would have, but it didn't really fit anywhere.. But, you already know!" Seek wheezed, her thoughts quickly piling up the meals they had shared. Both berries and packaged foods, did they know of both, which did he care about? Her mind was reeling, desperate to dig them out of this swallowing hole she had caused. Thankfully, Felix stepped forward, and offered their services in repairs and clean up. Her teeth clenched, body growing tense. Were it any other time she would have yelled at him, screaming that they shouldn't waste another second in this town, but even she had to admit it was a good idea. He was offering amends, putting the past behind them, making good terms..

"Oh, sir, sir! If you make them work off their debt you must let me oversee that project."

Seek could feel herself fading. This was a losing battle. The brute may not be showing any aggression, he may be responding in kind, but what was it getting them? The conversation had made no progress, it hadn't even acknowledged Eleroo or misconduct in kidnapping him, and made no effort to fix it. He kept diverting the conversation away, kept them talking in circles. It was pointless... A sudden touch against her pelt was enough to make her tense up, but as her eyes snapped to its direction she saw it was just Felix. While it caught her by surprise the gentle sensation was somewhat soothing, and offered some meager relief as the fellow eevelution moved in close to whisper. ”Trust me on this Seek, we can’t afford to come all the way here and become criminals to this Swampert. He’s shown no disrespect towards us and he does rule this place so we shouldn’t do something that would endanger us all.”

Criminals.. was that what he thought this was, what would happen if they stayed? Seek's paws danced uneasily against the floor. They needed to go-- not just from this little meeting, but the town as a whole. Every moment they spent it was getting them closer to something catastrophic. What exactly, she didn't wish to imagine, but they had to go.

"Please, Sir-- just, just let Eleroo go. We'll work, we'll repair everything we touched, we'll make it better! Just let him go, he didn't do anything!" "I already told you it isn't that simple." The Swampert responded firmly, irritation creeping into his voice. No, no she did not want to go in circles again. With a dramatic step she jumped away from Felix and dared to shorten the gap between herself and the water types. "Fine! If you really need a captive take me instead."
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:26 pm

Great Marsh|Morning (142)

As much as he would love to retort that a lot of what they ate and used came from the Marsh he claimed he had no "protocol" over, Shenron held his tongue. He closed his eyes nodding like the answer satisfied him and looked at Felix. At least he spoke evenly and calmly, possibly appeasing a rational side of him. Should it exist... Shenron's eyes went back to the carrier straining to look for Eleroo inside. Wanting eyes on the kit to make sure he was still breathing. Poor kit must be terrified. The more the Swampert seemed so at ease to keep Eleroo like a pet and bargaining chip the more irritation fire burned in his chest. He could feel irrational thoughts crawling into his head. Shenron banished the thoughts by massaging his palm feeling coolness crawl over his back. Why would he want to help them if they couldn't understand that stealing a teammate while yelling some noise about what they did would not endear them to each other.
    Had they forgot any common sense from before?

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:05 am

Great Marsh|Morning

Irritation started to creep into Felix's mind. Why is she wanting to sacrifice herself? Though yet he worded it wrong but still trying to plea with him wouldn't work like that. "Fine! If you really need a captive take me instead." This was the first time Felix had to bare his teeth in irritation. She was really serious about this. Not only was he getting irritated, the Swampert was as well.  Felix didn't come after her, instead he just straight out snapped at her before he took a shot right at the Floatzel. "Seek, stop it! He won't change his mind and nothing will change his mind on it! He's been more than fair with us and damn it, stop trying to get yourself captured as well! We will get Eleroo freed, just calm down and let him at least think of what he would want us to do to repay what we owe." Then he turned right at the Floatzel. "And you! Do you enjoy other's suffering?! Kidnapping a teen and taking her brother away from her when he's the only family she has?! If I was your doctor, I would deem you unfit to even oversee things! I even bet you would sabotage just to cause more suffering! You interrupt your boss like an idiot would and he's trying to be fair with us! I wouldn't be surprised that if he lets me study you!" After that the Sylveon just turns around and looks at Shenron showing that he's quite upset. Knowing that very few has actually angered him, he just takes a deep breath before saying something to the Swampert. "I need to cool down a bit. I apologize for the outburst sir." He then nods to both Shenron and Uxie to keep Seek from doing anything more foolish.

Walking out of the area, he just sat there in silence with one of the water types just looking at him wanting to say something but hesitating. Taking a few deep breaths from that fuming earlier and returned back inside. "Sorry guys. I don't usually go off like that and Seek. I'm sorry if I snapped at you. I understand Eleroo is your brother and if I was in your place I'd do the same but lets hear the Swampert out. I got a feeling that there is a task that would pay that debt off and a hunch that there is something that is menacing them." Judging on how long they've haven't been able to make their territory grow back to its original area, there is something likely making sure they don't reclaim the rest of the marsh to restore its origins. Before Felix could say something to the Swampert, he thought of at least compensating. "I know you already made your decision on this but I would rather have the two siblings together. If there's a debt to be paid, I would stay behind and take Eleroo's place. I owe them for saving me from a fate worse than even undeath. For that I just want to return the favor. If anyone should be in that kennel, its me."

OoC)) Let me know if anything needs changed.
    Uxie
    Uxie
    Veteran Mod
    Veteran Mod

Post by Uxie Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:58 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 5 AaEgCmf
    ❖ Pastoria City + Pastoria Gym + Morning + 91 ❖

Was his presence not privy enough to warrant more than a handful of gasps? The legendary Pokemon knew he was not the focus of this meeting, but to play second fiddle to a child was a sting he had not anticipated. Brushing his twin tails side to side the pixie was content to listen, to play the role he had always claimed to be part of, yet he wanted more. A pair of wandering eyes, someone shying away, a reaction not based on the bickering Pokemon.

Seek was becoming frazzled, her responses less and less thought out as she offered herself up as a captive. Such a strong offer was unexpected, out of place from her other additions to the discussion, and it spurred a similiarly strong response from Felix. The stressful situation was just as palpable in him as he went off on the other Pokemon. With his voice raised and stance stiff, it was a test to his character that he managed to step away for a moment to settle back down.

With multiple Pokemon now offering and unknowing form of incarceration Uxie felt compelled to act. It seemed the moltly crew was forgetting their own goals, and with such proposals on the table they would not be able to carry them out. "What is your interest in the young one?"

"Out of the selection here he would be the least beneficial, would he not? Strength, typing, functionality, the others surpass him in all unless you sought him specifically for what he is."

Last edited by Uxie on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:34 pm

Eleroo 151 || Seek 169

Her heart was racing, body cold, and every couple of breaths Seek thought she would just scream and cry. They couldn't give up, they couldn't leave without Eleroo.. but at this rate the Aiveon felt their only option was to grab the carrier and run. Yeah and how would that play out. Pokemon sidestepping behind them to block the exist, dousing them with water until they where too heavy to fly, and dragging them under to their dooms... Whether it be her outburst or her stress was visible, Felix moved in close enough to whisper. The touch of his feelers was oddly soothing, more comforting than the words meant to calm her. This was going nowhere, she thought again, and as Felix had his own outburst she realized that their diplomatic approach was not going to work.

East's face twisted with the most sour expression, his teeth flashing from pulled back gums as he started to go off on the Sylveon, but Felix had already walked away and the Swampert used one large hand to stop the water type's rebuttable. "My my," he muttered again, though his voice did not hold the same humor as before. Seek's paws shuffled awkwardly; a diplomat would apologize for such behavior but she would not. Felix wasn't wronged about this being messed up, and his anger was hers, but for whatever reason her nerves were shot and did not let her join in. Another shuffle in place and her wings brushed awkwardly against the sack she had toted in. She had nearly forgotten it in her panic, along with the little bit of trickery they had planned. Was it time, would it work...?

She put a pin in the idea but kept it at the forefront of her mind as Felix returned. He apologized for his outburst, making her glad that she hadn't, but then backpedaled with multiple assumptions. Hardly if ever did she acknowledge Eleroo as her brother. Had she ever mentioned that in her current company, or was it just assumed? While he was in every way that mattered her big brother constantly needed her help, and damned would she be if she didn't help him. Felix even offered himself up as the captive, which while sacrificial felt like a stab at Seek's act. "You are both making assumptions for things you do not understand."

Taking in a deep breath Seek desperately tried to calm her frayed nerves. This couldn't go on like this, she knew that, and every extra second she wasted was a step closer to her charging forward in a last stand. "Then what is it?" She squealed, her voice barely below a yell and as it came on a shrill tone. "What do you want with him, why is he caged, why isn't he saying anything?!" Once again the Floatzel prodded at her desperation by slamming a foot down on the carrier, and pain gripped her heart as they were met with silence. "The kid wouldn't calm down so we gave him something to eh, take the edge off. " This wasn't right. "You what?!"

Feeling like little more than a mewling kit Seek cranked her neck back to grab her sack, but before she could play her hand Uxie floated in front of her. "What is your interest in the young one?" He said, the same calm tone to his voice as always. How could he feel so relaxed, so at ease? It was enough to set her off but the Pokemon continued as she clenched her teeth. "Out of the selection here he would be the least beneficial, would he not? Strength, typing, functionality, the others surpass him in all unless you sought him specifically for what he is."

The sack fell limply from her teeth as her eyes shot toward the water Pokemon. What was the legend implying, that targeting Eleroo was not some petty action?! "Why him?!" She wailed again, demanding an answer as she slammed a tiny white paw against the moist floor. No words came but the Swampert gurgled as though water had built up in his throat. The being was huge, and as he stood up tall Seek felt more and more meek compared to these Pokemon. "Demons come from that marsh. The Radeon are our only chance."
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:06 am

Great Marsh|Morning (143)

Shenron felt a bark of laughter in his chest that he tried and succeeded to contain. Demons? The Radeon was their only chance? That was silly. Eleroo is a kit. Small, uncertain and possibly not knowing his own strength. Shenron himself did not know the true weight of his power when he evolved into a Charizard. It took him weeks to learn to fly and many more after to control the power of his flame. Were they just hoping that Eleroo had some latent ability to ward them away? That he would puff out his tiny chest and march into a horde to disperse them? It was silly. Pure comedy..! What was in this water they lived in and drank? Shenron closed his eyes reaching up to massage his temple as the absurdness of it all was getting to him. Giving him an annoying chill of a headache. But he was ever so curious. Really truly.
    "The Radeon is your only chance? What do you mean by that if I may ask?"

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:42 am

Pastoria City|Morning

"Demons come from that marsh. The Radeon are our only chance." Demons? Wait wait, all this was is to have Eleroo fight off the undead that are lurking in the Marsh? Felix could see that at some point but combat prowess? Not much of a chance. In a lame man’s term. Eleroo wasn’t a fighter let alone a durable one at that. Felix then shot East another look like he’s going to call him a psycho for something but he held his tongue this time. Then a thought came up. Why not prepare Eleroo to become a fighter? From what the Swampert was saying, they are being plagued by the undead which is likely why they retreated to Pastoria to begin with. Yes, it makes sense now. It actually makes perfect sense. They couldn’t fight off the undead that has now taken its stranglehold on the marsh and any attempt was oftenly met with either infections or deaths. Cooperation would have to come at this point, there was no way around it. Uxie was the strongest of them all but legendaries from what Felix knows usually don’t interfere in these matters. How would they go about this and cooperate with the Swampert and of course even East but Felix still doesn’t trust the Floatzel. Everything in Felix’s mind screamed traitor to him.

The Sylveon then said something ”Eleroo’s your only chance? With all due respect sir, he’s not much of a fighter but if we cooperate with each other, we can get him prepared and combat ready. If your goal is to retake the marsh from the undead then its going to take all of us to cooperate and work as one.” If the others are in agreement then they would have a way to pay off what they owe. ”If you guys want to agree with this then I think they would forgive us on the things that happened.” Only thing is, will they agree to it. Considering that things had happened and the fact they had fought with East. It was likely that East would hold a grudge against them. He didn't know if that grudge would include trying to backstab them or basically not sharing food with them. Who knows what would happen but all is known that they should watch their backs around him.
    Uxie
    Uxie
    Veteran Mod
    Veteran Mod

Post by Uxie Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:15 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 5 AaEgCmf
    ❖ Pastoria City + Pastoria Gym + Morning + 92 ❖

"The kid wouldn't calm down so we gave him something to eh, take the edge off. " As civilized Pokemon he could assume he meant something medicinal, but the Floatzel's actions befit one who would serve a wound to a child as a means to silence them. Deplorable, he would say, had he not cast the same sort of action not long before on the other Eeveelution.

Seek continued to squeal, her tolerance and new-found attitude reaching a breaking point as she was met with a wall within the conversation. Her voice edged that of tears, and were it not for another speaking she would have lost her hold on them.

"Demons come from that marsh. The Radeon are our only chance."

The Swampert did not stutter. It did not hesitate in thy words or the conviction in which they held. There was undeniable truth within its mind, though it was yet to be seen. Fascinating. Did these Pokemon seek to reclaim the land with an army of exceedingly rare Pokemon, ones who were even more uncommon within this region? The few memories he saw he witnessed none, leading him to wonder how many this force numbered. More disconcerting than that was his willingness to accept and use one so young and feeble.

"He is but a child."

Such a thought was uncomfortable, and bode ill for the moral compass of these Pokemon, but it was their own that would unsettle him the most. ”If you guys want to agree with this then I think they would forgive us on the things that happened.”

For all his merit Felix was a Pokemon of ideas, seeking solutions whenever a problem, or lack there of, arises. He was a problem solver in the truest sense, yet something about this idea struck the legend most viscerally. It was uncanny, if not simply inappropriate, especially for one of such a sensitive species.

"You would sell out your companion to a war that is not your own?"

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:23 pm

Eleroo 151 || Seek 170

For a few seconds Seek was completely silent. Standing with her mouth agape, she stared blankly at the Swampert as if waiting for him to continue. There had to be more, an extended explanation that made sense of all this, just something she could wrap her head around, but as the seconds ticked by she would only receive more questions from her companion. "The Radeon are your only chance? What do you mean by that if I may ask?" The Swampert sighed, as if tired out by a question he had been asked too many times. "We must take back our home."

It felt simple, if not obvious to hear from these displaced Pokemon, but nothing felt right to her disbelieving ears. "The Radeon are the only true warriors we have left to irradiate the undead." East clarified, a heated passion to his voice. "Its only fair. They use our Marsh, so we use their power." A trickling, prickling heat bubbled up beneath her pelt as Seek realized that this wasn't some misunderstanding. Was everything intentional? Is that why they weren't driven out, why she was attacked but he wasn't, why Eleroo was snatched when they were about to leave? "You're all insane." She gasped, unable to hold the words in any longer. Insane. They were all insane, crazy lunatics! Not like the Sceptile that tortured her, but nutty all the same for thinking they could fight anything by abusing innocent eeveelutions.

Felix's voice was a welcomed change, a Pokemon with reason speaking about their feeble companion, but Seek's face twisted in horror as he spoke of both allowing these Pokemon to use Eleroo and even assisting their efforts. "What are thinking?!" She exclaims, her voice growing flustered as her companion spoke of treason. "For legends sake he gets spooked by his own ears." Was she the only sane Pokemon left?! "I saw one out there with crazy eyes. Nothing'll change until we deal with it." East's eyes were always cold, but as he angled them to the floor Seek could feel the weight in his words. "He is but a child." Uxie reminded all in the audience, but his pertinent point was wholly ignored.

These Pokemon were dead serious about this, frighteningly so for the lengths they would go to, but her own thoughts were thrown for a whirlwind as she suddenly recalled a memory. It was the time of their evolution, legends that felt so far away, and how bizarre it had felt. Eleroo had risen from a sickly bog, his body reborn from surprise evolution. He had been so scared, so unsure of himself and this foreign form... and then another Eevee fell victim to the same swamp. The memory felt faded, forgotten, but Seek could clearly remember how it killed without lifting a paw, without seeming to try or even regret... and the horror in Eleroo's eyes to think he had become the same creature.

Gritting her teeth Seek swore to never allow such a thing to happen, especially not in the hands of these monsters. Despite Felix's proposition nether water type commented, their arguments surprisingly sparse for ones who had just revealed their true intentions. Were they expecting them to just see their side as just? ”If you guys want to agree with this then I think they would forgive us on the things that happened.” Felix asked for agreement, his voice disturbingly accepting, as if the simple cost of their weakest link was a fair trade to level the playing field. As if their forgiveness was something that mattered. Uxie probed a question, and though it was spoken impartially Seek could swear even he too was moved by such a shocking proposal.

A sickening, visceral feeling overtook the Aiveon. She had been pissed at Felix before, enraged even, but never had she been wholly disgusted by him. Her eyes widened, lips pulling back with shock as a growl rumbled through her throat. "No ones sending Eleroo into combat." She roared, her glinting teeth pointing first toward the Sylveon then turning toward the water types. "I would never allow such a thing."

The sweet child was already trapped in this messed up world, a delicate flower in a wasteland. This innocent Pokemon, one who was amazed by by raindrops, sent off to fight the undead as if he were a Champion's Pokemon. How dare either group even consider such an action.

"Eleroo will never be your puppet!"
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:44 am

Great Marsh|Morning (144)

They were insane.
    Really truly. Around the bend. A few tacos short of one hell of a fiesta. Insane. "Seek speaks the truth. He is a poorly kit, a child. One who would sooner run up your back for touching him suddenly then allow you to surprise stroke him..!" His ire directed to the Swampert. A starter evolution like himself. Yet content to allow others to do his work. Let them strain and struggle if he must when tasks were easier for him. Clearly not a former trainer Pokemon that much was clear. Shenron waved a paw in dismissal. The idea was absurd. Sending the kit to his death. His certain death. There was no stroke of luck lest it fall directly from Jirachi unto Eleroo that would keep him alive out there. If he didn't get hurt, he would die. There had to be something else. Something to give this delusion more realistic weight. They saw Eleroo, they had to have noticed his small, timid physique. There needed to be something else...
    "You'd get better results delving into that hell yourself. Unless there is something more about this Eeveelution you aren't telling us..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:06 pm