Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+6
Ardos
Silverishness
Ariados
Colress
renegade
Xatu
10 posters

The MEETING Team (PLOT)

Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

The MEETING Team (PLOT) Empty The MEETING Team (PLOT)

Post by Xatu Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:05 pm

The MEETING Team (PLOT) Transparentxatu_zpsc7cd125e_by_kemurigakurekaze-d8a4nel

New Bark Town | Dawn
    Post 15

Where.... where am I....?

Through the air, a pair of autumn gold leaves danced across the low sky. Holding onto eachother through their stems like a pair of star crossed lovers, on and on they went, circling through the crisp air. Xatu could taste the sea, water. He could feel the chill to the wind, the scent of fish.

I... have I never been to the sea...?

It was dawn, morning. He had walked for so long, so many days, without stopping. He never knew where he was going, what he was doing. There was potential, oh how he knew there was potential, but what of his purpose? Have I done wrong? The avian knew he had acted for a reason, he had insulted and spat on the most powerful creature in his world. But he knew that he had felt something. There had been a reason, a why to his actions. I had felt a fire in my gut.

But where is it now?

Xatu walked slowly, moving through the ghost town. What was he, a Harbinger? A legend? He had no title, nothing to hold as his own. The avian moved past the ruins, charred remains of the town and various other brutalities, making his way straight to the water. The water at the very edge of the town... It called to him. The rebel knelt, bending his knees to pull his face close to the water. Inside he saw a reflection, a corpse looking back at him. In the crimson eyes he saw nothing, not rage, not hope. Xatu only saw colour and nothing.

The dual type brought one wing up, flicking the water's surface with his wing tips. How is it that something so precious, so powerful and important, to make me hate Honchkrow, how is it that that something can just.. vanish? Have I truly made a horrible mistake?

"I have a choice."
    The MEETING Team (PLOT) 3xjLsCy
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

The MEETING Team (PLOT) Empty Re: The MEETING Team (PLOT)

Post by Xatu Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:55 pm

New Bark Town | Dawn
    Post 16

Xatu briefly brew bitter, angry. An all too familiar, deeply seated rage built within him. Why the hell would this all happen to ME!? Snapping himself to his full height, the former Harbinger brought his wings up high. A dark magenta light shone from his eyes, hiding the crimson as he shot out the Psychic at the water. Rising up a massive wave, the dark, sinister looking water towered high above the town.

Why the HELL did I do that?!

Xatu let loose a feral screech, an avian cry echoing through the area as the water he held up boiled, writhing in the air. Undead and living caught within screamed, flailing as their bodies attempted to shoot out of the water. A Lanturn smashed herself against the bubble, but the ferocious Psychic attack held them all tightly within.

"WHY... why was it... me..."

Suddenly Xatu was crying. Streams of tears ran down his cheeks, thin lines of blood. His ability to cry had been stoled from him, like everything else. As he broke, the water crashed back down. The same Lanturn cried out in fear before vanishing rapidly. Xatu stared out at the far off shores, uncomprehending. But as he turned, there was a pair of eyes. The avian froze, his gaze growing round and horrified as he stared at the crouched, scarred Espeon. He opened his beak to speak, but nothing came out.

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:05 pm

New Bark Town | Dawn
    Post 17

While Xatu had been dumbstruck into silence, it seemed that years passed while him and the psionic cat stared at each other. Xatu found himself lost in her eyes, full of fear before flashing to something he found rare n those near him: bravery.

"No!" She roared, whipping around. The avian watched with alarm, barking out, "Wait--!" He did not get to finish, though, as sand filled his eyes and beak then. "I won't let you win!" She snarled fiercely as the undead coughed ad spat, stumbling back a step as he attempted to get the bad taste out of his mouth.

But before he could, the Espeon fired another attack, this one inclined to be offensive. Blinking the grit from his eyes, Xatu raised a wing just in time as the Psybeam slammed into the greasy feathers. The resisted attack literally bounced off, striking the ground before the undead slowly lowered his wing again. "I do not wish to harm you. If I did, you think I would just let you leave after attacking me?" His voice was tired, eyes reflecting his exhaustion.

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:49 am

New Bark Town | Dawn
    Post 18

The Espeon at least listened to him. Within a dark part of the Xatu's inner mind, a voice sneered, You should make her listen to you. You are a God after all. Xatu violently flinched back from the voice, unprepared for the onslaught. As he recovered, the avian was suddenly alarmed. His round eyes flickered to the air above him, back to the Espeon. Did SHE do that....?! But again the deep, sinister voice chuckled.

No, of course not. No one is allowed to touch a God.

Xatu flared his feathers, his wings reaching around him like a round of knives. He was not used to the feeling running through him, coating his veins, infecting his thoughts and causing his muscles to tremble... fear.
    "...What exactly do you want, then?" the Espeon finally spoke, snapping him out of the haze. Blinking rapidly, slowly Xatu could see the cat before him, her pink fur and suspicious amber eyes coming into focus.

But her question.. it actually baffled him. The undead opened his beak to speak, but found nothing come out. What... did he want?

"I... I... don't know."

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 pm

New Bark Town | Dawn
    Post 19

FIghting his own inner turmoil, Xatu could feel... something welling within him. The ugliness that was what he had become. The familiar feeling of bones snapping and blood flowing, the power in watching the Pokemon rip themselves to death by his will alone. How the terror in their eyes just fades away, the light going out....

"...do you ...want to talk about it?" The voice cutting through his thoughts interrupted Xatu, stunting his thoughts as he blinked, snapping from the trance. Refocusing, he blinked up at the Espeon. She looked more tired than before.
    "What's your name? She prompted him gently. But that question in itself was more difficult to deal with than the swirling darkness in his mind.

He... he had a name didn't he? "...I ....I have only gone by Xatu," he admitted softly. "I...can't remember before. I don't know what my...name is." Xatu glanced up at the Espeon, his eyes suddenly desperate. "But... but what's your's? Your name?"

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:16 pm

New Bark Town | Early morning
    Post 20

The Espon responded softly, but genuinely. Tilting her head to one side, she told him, "...Hera. My name is Hera." Xatu nodded slowly, his eyes still reflecting his own sadness at not sharing that trait with her in remembering his own. "Hera. I shall not forget it."

He glanced away then, looking at the pale sky. The sun had surfaced, low in the sky as the rays turned from golden to a strong yellow. Thoug unable to feel he warmth, Xatu breathed out air from his nose in a content sigh, closing his eyes genty. The wold was full of beauty. Was that something he had always appreciated, or had he been ungrateful before? It was entirely possible that he had only grown humble in the time after losng everything he held dear in his life.

He sighed once more through his mouth, opening his eyes agan. It is time. I know what I have to do. Xatu turned to Hera, his gaze strong and solemn. Wise. All the insecurity, fear, had vanished. Shed from his feathers like dew on leaves. "Would you like to hear a story, Hera?"

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Post 21

He waited, and Hera took her time responding. Using a soft tone, she looked away s she spoke. "...I suppose so." The lack of feeling unnerved him, somehow, when compared to the ferocity in which she roared threats at him earlier. Hera appears...defeated. Confused, there was a childlike sorrow in his eyes as the former Harbinger tilted his head to one side, studying her. "Please... do not be sad," he managed to get out. "I will not... harm you." The words felt wrong on his tongue, unnatural due to his nature, and going against all of the strain within him. The thirst for death, the yearning for domination and chaos. But yet...the words held another quality to them. It was like waking from a coma, doing something that you used to preform often before, but had not in so long that your mind forgot it, even though your body did not. His mind was not able to comprehend the connection, to put two and two together in the form that would string a memory of before undeath.

Xatu stared at the Espeon, all of the feelings he was not used to rolling around within him like a warm wind. He crouched, reaching out his wings to touch both of the feline's shoulders. He willed her to look up, meet his eyes. "I... I do not have a story to tell anymore," he admitted. "I do not...remember. I see a beautiful Altaria. I can hear a child laughing sometimes. I... can smell trees. But there is no connection.

"It could just as easily be a dream. It could be artificial, from humans, or from Honchkrow. But I know that...something is there to tell."
    Xatu stared desperately at Hera, his gaze innocent and pleading. "I have turned against my brothers and sisters. I have renounced the name Harbinger. I am dead, both in disease and in being hunted by the original strain holders. I have no story, I do not remember. I... cannot recall why I sealed my own demise. I do not remember, but I... I can feel that something is wrong. Something inside of me is fighting it. I do not want to be dead anymore. I do not want to kill anymore. I have no idea of where my story goes, but it has to stop."

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:14 pm

((Skip. Require Hera to post.))

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:50 pm

Post 22

Xatu lowered his head, defeated. He had admitted his greatest sins to this stranger, he was surely worthy of being punished. The tears that built beneath his eyes were that of blood, the crimson lines forming across his face.
    "...You ...you embodiment hope," Hera finally spoke, her voice lower than the wind but softer than down. "Wh...what?" Xatu croaked, lifting his head. How am I hope?
    "You have condemned the undead part of yourself, you have turned against the other infected, you... you're... you are a rebel for our cause."
    Xatu finally stumbled back, releasing his hold on the Espeon's shoulders as he did so. "A... rebel?" He was too far gone to have any thoughts other than the words being thrown at him. But Hera's made no sense. "How am I... I am a rebel?"
    Her response was not along the lines of anything Xatu expected: "You want to save the world, too."

The concept was foreign. The idea was... baffling. Save the world? The world was ruined, this is true, but did he... could he... was it naive to think the world was not beyond repair? As he thought, Xatu found himself standing back up. His stance was tall, and all at once, there was a blaze to his eyes. I know what I have to do. "You are right, Hera. I am a rebel-- I am the Rebel that the world needs. This can be changed-- it must be changed. I.. I know intel," he realised only as he was saying it. "I know information from the inside," he repeated, meeting Hera's eyes. There was a fierce determination to the seemingly dead orbs. "I have renounced Honchkrow, it is time to stop the fear in his name."

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:37 pm

Post 23

Hera listened to his rambling seriously, Xatu watched as the Espeon's eyes narrowed, flickering with thought at certain times before hardening. The Rebel watched her with growing interest, but her next words were unexpected: "Tell me everything you know." The avian stared into her gaze for several seconds, his own rebellious spirit blooming deep within him. This is it... He nodded. "To start... Honchkrow is the leader of us. He is the original infected. He started the spread of the virus, he freed my brothers and sisters from our cages, four years ago.

"We are Harbingers, infected right after him, Honchkrow. We have more power than Legends. I know several have fallen already to my brethren. Volcarona took Genesect. Gyarados has killed Latias. Honchkrow himself destroyed Regice.

"Harbingers are only of the strongest of the strong, we were experimented on. Humans did this. They changed us. And we were just fighting back. Charizard, Houndoom, Zoroark, Umbreon, Garchomp, Scizor, Sabele... there are hundreds of us. And we are unstoppable. Or so I thought.

"But I renounced Honchkrow's rule."

His voice continued, then. Xatu spoke of as many of the Harbingers he could remember, he shared his own sins. He spoke of the state of the world as he has seen it and he talked of how his memories won't return. Xatu explained how he didn't want to do it, he shared about the way Honchkrow was searching for his children. "There is no more system," he explained. "The Harbingers are all scattered, very little information is shared, but Honchkrow might be building his army again." By time time his explanations were complete, the sun had risen and began to dip in the afternoon hours. The entire time, though, not a single infected Pokemon dared to interrupt them.

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:17 pm

(Skip, time restraint)

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:46 pm

[b]New Bark Town | Afternoon
    Post 24

Hera was mostly silent, but when he was finally finished, the psyonic cat looked straight at him. "What do you need me to do?" she asked, the strength in her voice was uplifting, but Xatu hesitated.

What could they do?

But he immediately shook his head. No. They had a plan. And though her part might seem small, he needed it. Finally the avian's eyes hardened, determined as he looked back at her. "...Go," he finally managed.

"Hera, go, spread the word. Tell the tale of what I am doing, what we are ALL doing. Warn about my brothers and sisters... but promise that there is still hope."

He turned, flickering his wings out. "I, too, will need to be on my way. There's... still so much I need to do." His crimson eyes flickered to her's. "I trust you, do not make me wish I had not."

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:24 pm

New Bark Town | Afternoon
    Post 25

"You may call on me again, if you never need." Hera reassured him. The Espeon was proving to be someone he had not had not had before... not just trustworthy, but beyond that... Someone he would almost refer to as a friend. Without warning, the former Harbinger was dragged into yet another vision--
    "I... I will miss you," a male voice, he was quiet. He was sad, the emotion thick in the voice.
    "If... if that is what you need... you also have my blessing." This one was drastically different, he was not human. He was a Pokemon, but the same feel as the first.
    "Thank you... both of you... I will miss you greatly." Wait, that voice... if was him?!
    "You always were the most down to earth out of all of us."
    He was... down to earth...?
    "I will miss you, brother."
    Brother?!
    "Take care..." the first whispered.
    "And be safe," the Pokemon added in.
    Xatu's heart shattered. What was he feeling?
    What were these emotions?
    "I will... you both.. I will see you someday."
    ...Abruptly, it stopped, cut off. The Rebel's eyes snapped open, his breathing in ragged gasps. What... was that?! He did not have time to dwell; more pressing matters demanded attention.

Hera was still there, lifting her head to his. The fire in her eyes burned, the determination and strength clear in her voice: "I will prove that you have not made a mistake," The Xatu smiling, small but honest. Honchkrow does not stand a chance. We will win. Watching as she retreated, he stretched his wings wide, his feather-tips catching the warming afternoon wind. The hope, the strength in his bones; how could they fail?

Xatu took to the air, shooting through the air. For the first time, he used his own wings instead of Psychic to carry him.

"I have a choice."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:10 am