Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+15
Starbits
Duma
NyraXerz
Volcarona
skittyTail
Kaze
Catalyst
Gliscor
Silverishness
Snitch
Alakazam
Jay
Nightfall
Min
renegade
19 posters

(ACE) The FARAWAY Team

NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The FARAWAY Team  - Page 16 Empty Re: (ACE) The FARAWAY Team

Post by NyraXerz Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:23 pm

((ooc: Please skip me this round, Marvin gives Oracle a boost up and Kat follows TD. Feel free to step on Marvin's head/face/whatever you like when climbing to the first branch.))

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:27 pm

Faraway Island/Morning [19]

After a moment of thought, Oracle responded to her offer, "I'm fine either way." To further explain, he added, "It doesn't really scare me." Abby couldn't help wondering if the Eevee had been exposed to Pyschic types a lot, because from what she could tell, being lifted by Psychic could be extremely disorienting and scary to a being unfamiliar with it. Any humans that would she would potentially have to pick up with the move were exposed to it a few times to make sure they didn't panic if/when she did have to. Well, there is a Psychic type evolution for Eevee... Maybe a relative of his? she thought.

Oracle made his decision based on Javolt's orders, and he shot her an apologetic look. She smiled back at him to let him know that she really didn't mind. She was practical and knew that this was simply easier for him to take Marvin's offer if they were splitting like this. "It's okay; we can work together as a team. I trust him to get me up to where I need to be safely," He told her as he moved closer to the Skuntank. Okay, I'm ready."

"Alright. Be careful, okay? If you need me for anything, just call, and I'll be there as soon as I can," Abby told the Eevee. She didn't think he'd be in any danger, but he didn't have wings to catch him if he fell or got stuck. The offer was also there just in case something unexpected happened.

Javolt had given his orders to Caine, and the Ninetales, who had been spacing out for most of the walk there, finally came back to reality, "Grading?... Y- yeah. Yeah, sure, that's fine." He seemed to have to really work to focus on the words, but he caught the gist of what the Manectric wanted.

Is he alright? Abby worried internally. It seemed like Javolt's sudden appearance had really shaken Caine, and she wondered just what about the Manectric had done this to him. Perhaps something involving a different Manectric? She remembered learning about some humans who could not be around certain Pokemon species because of traumatic incidences. It wouldn't be hard to imagine something like that happening to other Pokemon in the hell the world had become since the Epidemic started.

Her worries intensified at Caine's next words, "Not like I can climb any trees to help with anything else." Despite pulling himself straighter, she still noticed how his ears still drooped and the empty look in his eyes. Oh no, that would not do. The Ninetales wasn't doing well, and she refused to let him think he was useless if she could help it. It wasn't a personal failing that excluded him from helping to gather the berries.

She took a few steps toward Caine and warmly said, "Thank you for helping us." The Togetic reached up and petted him a little since he seemed to enjoy that the last time. While doing this she quietly told him, "Every bit helps, and even though you might not be collecting the berries like Oracle and me, you are still helping by making sure that we don't bring back bad berries. I appreciate that you are even bothering to help us. Not everyone would." She stayed for a few more seconds before she had to get to work.

After that, she jumped into the air, and fluffy, white wings beat to carry her up. The ends of her dark blue scarf fluttered behind her as she reached the top of the tree. She could clearly see the round blue Oran berries now that she was above the tree. Deciding to just pick a random one and go from there, she pulled a berry and called to Javolt "Javolt! I have one!" She wanted to make sure the Manectric was paying attention before she randomly started dropping berries on him. However, her words were met with silence. "Javolt?" She said again, this time with a little bit of fear tinging her voice. She looked down at the tree they had selected and couldn't see him. She flew back down to the base of the tree and she realized that the Manectric wasn't there. "Javolt?" He wouldn't just leave them, would he? In a moment of irrational panic, she looked around for the others. "Caine? Oracle? Marvin?" They didn't all leave her, did they? Like the other workers...

((OOC: renegade granted permission for Abby to touch Caine while she was speaking to him. Also, I sort of randomly guessed at the berries in the tree, if you guys would prefer something else, just let me know, and I can edit.))
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:35 am

Faraway Island | Morning | 15

"Alright. Be careful, okay? If you need me for anything, just call, and I'll be there as soon as I can." He hoped things would end up going smoothly enough that he wouldn't need to take her up on that offer, but the Normal type appreciated the gesture, regardless. "I will, thank you." He said with a polite dip of the head, before turning his attention back over to the Skuntank.

Climbing up was... Difficult. Not because Oracle was incapable of the action, but simply because the Eevee was afraid he would somehow end up slipping up and hurting the other Pokemon in some way; he was almost positive he accidentally stepped on his face at one point or another, and squeaked out a quick, "sorry," without turning around to check. Regardless of any problems the Normal type might have had, he made it up to the first branch without any major problems and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. It was familiar up here; if he just focused on the foliage surrounding him, he could almost pretend things were normal, and he was back home.

He didn't have time to reminisce, however; he was there for a reason.

The branches were thinner and less stable the higher he climbed up, but Oracle moved swiftly, his steps light and practiced. When he came to the first berry, he paused briefly, as though considering what to do with it. How was he supposed to get it down? As tempted as he was to use his mouth, he wasn't really sure he could trust himself not to simply eat it- and surely he couldn't have been the only one that was hungry? Eventually, the Eevee decided on smacking it in a strangely feline manner, hard enough that the stem connecting it to the tree snapped. He heard the berry make it's way down to the ground without even needing to look, listening as it bounced off various branches and tore through leaves. "There's one!"

He continued on in that manner, knocking down another berry without much difficulty before a familiar voice happened to reach his ears. "Javolt? Caine? Oracle? Marvin?" He paused, paw stepping down on an unstable branch. It cracked under his weight, though the Normal type managed to jump back before he fell, albeit with a yelp. "Abby?"
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Faraway Island | Noon
    TinyDragon 88 | Loneliness 51

Giving each direction a look the Vaporeon assures nothing unwanted was around them before putting her face to the ground. A shudder runs along her spine as she sniffs the tufts of grass; being utterly vulnerable, even with friends around, was so terrifying she only gets a few sniffs in before raising her head and padding forward along the newfound trail. "Defiby nearby." She mumbles, sniffing as she walks forward. Luckily for her the trail was heavy, just thick enough she could follow it without her nose to the ground.
    Weaving around the now much denser shrubbery the Vaporeon sniffs, looks, waits, and weaves, her forward path strange but set as she follows the sweet scent of the Togetic. It was almost strange to have to dodge around trees again after padding through the flame-eaten forest. The plants here are so thick! I hope they found a lot of berries. Did berries even grow on islands like this? Her vision blurs, swamped, and TD must shake her head and the thoughts away. They could not distract her from the task at hand but as the trail thickens even more so TD does have to focus so hard to follow it. We must be really close. If she could hear, could she hear them by now?

Halting, the Vaporeon once again drops her snout to the forest floor an inhales. Instantly, she is taken aback. While the scents had been getting stronger she just noticed, or maybe it just appeared, new scents mingling in with her trail. ..Who is this?  They don't smell familiar.. Spinning in a small circle she views the entire area for signs of violence. While some plants look pushed aside from Pokemon passing through and pawprints she did not recognize littered the ground there is no malplay, blood, or fur. They hadn't attacked, that was a good sign. "Do voo smell vat?" She asks cautiously, realizing she was getting herself on edge again. It was impossible for them not to but she had to ask anyway.

This scent is so strong though.. had they spent a lot of time here? TD pouts; tracking was easy, following scents, pawprints, and signs to her target, but the last bit of honing in was always a mess when she couldn't hear. It is what it is. With a small sigh, she keeps moving, following any broken stems and prints more then the scent trail she had been on. If anything the sweet scent of the nearby plants was starting to get overpowering. This would be a really good place to- The Vaporeon's thoughts break as she spots the oddly colored shapes though the trees. Purple, white, cream. "There!" She chirps back to the others though they had probably already noticed or heard.

What was taking so long? The food party sure, they could take forever because they were tiny squirts, but the others? Where were the idiots? Hell, where did Javolt go? He was keeping them all in line? How much time had passed? Holy shit. They had been babbling all morning but legends, the group could of been well on the other side of the island by now if they wanted. Emerging from the cool shadows in the back of the cave Lone pads toward the mouth, his head swimming. Gotta.. keep that to a minimum for now. As his pas touch the sunny patches of the ground he is shocked to find the sandy ground a lot warmer then the back of the cave and what he had expected.

Sneering, he hurries outside, staring at the clear area of the trees for the sun. Its already that high? "Fucking hell man.. Im starving!" He yowls, scowling and swiftly scanning the tree line. No one is back yet? With a sharp gasp the Phanteon realizes how dry his mouth was as well. Everyone is useless. If they couldn't bring food back in a reasonable amount of time then why didn't they all just get their own food? Make me do everything myself.. Growling, the irritated fox skulked his way back into the woods once more.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Faraway Island | Morning
    Katyusha 41 | Marvin 38

Katyusha watches as TD catches the trail of the others, still fresh on the forest floor. How far did the others have to travel for food...? She mutters to no one in particular as their smaller group makes it way along. Long ears prick and swerve this way and that in accordance with every little sound made around them. Frail branches snapping from fire damage and abuse, the wind through what remained of the trees, and as the world grew denser around then, the scrape of their own fur against lush greenery. However, no voices.

"Do voo smell vat?" The ninetales pauses in her tracks to lower her head to the ground. After several swift sniffs, the unusual smells hit her. Not only that, the scents were fresh. Instinctively, her hackles stiffen. Her eyes darting around the trail before them as if an undead would charge through the brush at any moment to make a meal of them. Though to her relief, yet growing unease, nothing appears and nothing speaks.

Nodding her head forward, Kat whispers to TD, "I can smell it too...we can't be far behind them now. Let's be careful..." Involuntarily gulping at her final statement, she continues onward, slinking closer to the ground at a slower pace least her trot or red fur give either of them away. "Do you think they're friendly...? They have to be right? You don't smell any signs of battle either?"

Marvin grunts as the eevee makes the final stretch and clambers onto the lowest branch. Yes he had agreed to help the little guy up, but he didn't remember advertising his nose as a step stool--"Sorry." Comes the quiet apology to which Marvin makes no acknowledgment of other than to rub one forepaw roughly against his nose with a snort. This day just had to keep getting better and better didn't it! "There's one!" He hears from above before his small pointed ears heard the bobbing of the berry against the branches as it tumbled towards him.

As the berry tumbles closer, its blue flesh comes into view between the various branches before finally dropping the last stretch to hit the ground between his paws. Not a second later, the skuntank has his nose to the fruit. Smells good enough. "Not bad." Watching the eevee move toward other berries, he shuffles his current one along the ground with a paw, not trusting his mouth at the moment, to follow and gather other fallen ones into a pile.

"Caine? Oracle? Marvin?" Marvin glances back to where the others were collecting. It was unsettling how nervous Abby sounded. "Still here." He replies flatly before catching sight of oddly colored spots in the distance. Light blue, grays, and reds...it was too far from the beach to have water or ash here... "You expecting more company?" The words leave his mouth with a bit of an edge as he stares down their new onlookers through narrowed eyes.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:18 am

Faraway Island/Noon [20]

No matter where Abby looked, she couldn't see Javolt anywhere. The elderly Manectric was just gone. How? Why?, her thoughts demanded, and her panic increased. In response to her calling, she heard the snap of a breaking branch and Oracle's voice, and brown eyes locked onto the Eevee in the tree. Oracle.. and he's safe for now... That was one, and her eyes fell down the base of the tree Oracle was in to see Marvin, and his calm response was almost laughable in comparison to the state of panic she had almost worked herself up into. Marvin...Then lastly, Caine suddenly jumped up from his seated position, and the movement dragged her focus to him. Caine... That's all of them... Was it just Javolt who disappeared?

The Ninetales was the first to realize just what had worried her, and he sounded irate as he swore, "Oh what the everlasting fuck." She unintentionally flinched at the anger in his voice, but she knew that it wasn't directed at her so much as the situation. He then demanded, "Where did Javolt go?!"

"I don't know," she muttered meekly while looking down. Her voice started getting quieter, "I was getting a berry, and he just wasn't there anymore..." Her hands clutched the Oran berry still in her hands, but she caught herself before bruising the flesh of the fruit. "I... I had to make sure everyone else was still here... so my apologies for bothering you..." she admitted to the three Pokemon.

"You expecting more company?" Marvin suddenly asked, and she snapped her head back up to follow his gaze. She didn't miss the edge in his voice, and she tensed. She didn't recall anyone else from their group that was supposed to join them, but then again, Javolt had changed his mind and came after them. and then he disappeared...

In the distance she could see two or three different beings heading their way, and she thought she could vaguely hear voices. She distinctly discerned TinyDragon's, and she smiled in familiarity. However, she soon looked extremely confused. "Um... Honestly, we weren't expecting more Pokemon from our group to show up," she responded to Marvin's inquiry, "But that is almost everyone else, I think." Realizing that Marvin might also be worried about being attacked, she gently added, "The ones coming here are friendly."
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:50 am

((OOC: Please skip me this round! Oracle is still in the tree, trying to see who is coming.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Faraway Island | Noon
    TinyDragon 89 | Loneliness 52

Woah. The Vaporeon slowly pads forward, cautious but intrigued. The bright purple pelt of a Skuntank is a sore thumb in all the foliage, as is the soft cream shape close by. Katyusha murmurs something but TD is not watching, her gaze firmly locked on the living shapes ahead of her. There's Abby! The Togetics small white shape is a welcomed sight; she was a friend, surely, and if she was talking safely to these other Pokemon surely they were friends too. Rising her head a bit higher TinyDragon speeds up her peace ever so slightly with an even lesser confidence boost. Even if Javolt as here there was no danger. Right?

Calm yourself. Ever since arriving on this island she had done nothing but act like prey, like a victim, and be suspicious of others who did not deserve such thoughts. I dont even know these Pokemon. Sure, people were fearful these days, and or good reason, but that didn't make everyone an innately bad person. New friends.. If she could just forget the trial, even if it was only for an hour, maybe things could feel normal again and she could meet new people under normal circumstances. Like Courtney.. and Namdnas.. For that, she would give anything.

Her dragging tail runs over a sharp stick on the ground, snapping it in half with a loud snap! The exposed had stabbed at her delicate swimming tool, forcing a dent in the scales but no blood as drawn. Stumbling for a moment TD yelps in both surprise and pain, whipping her neck around to check for damages. Relax! It was a stick! Her thoughts stress again, forcing her to compose herself. A stick isnt going to hurt you.. Ignoring the stinging spot on her tail she finishes the walk forward, rounding the last shrub between her and the others. Ho long had it been since she saw the Togetic? Too long. A sheepish grin spreads across her muzzle as she speaks, "He' Abby." Any attempt to be casual is undermined by the dryness to her throat. "Who's hur new fwiends?" It was then that she noticed the Skuntank's fur was a lot coarser then the other Pokemon in the area. Hopefully it wouldnt hide his muzzle too much if he spoke.

Walking proved to be too boring and slow. Why walk when you could run where fire had removed most the obstacles? The Phanteon bound through the trees, relishing in the new strength of his legs. Sure, he had gotten to run around yesterday, but that was in a blur of terror and fire. But now, oh now he could truly feel how much stronger he had become, the power pulsing beneath his pelt. Maybe this isnt so bad. He didn't have to think about his evolution and already he got all the benefits of strength, size, and intimidation.

A mostly intact shrub blocked his forward path, wherever that was, but the Phanteon did not slow his pace in the slightest. Come at me! Focusing hard on his newfound power Lone's eyes squeeze shut, his form losing its corporeal solidity as he sprints ever closer to the bush. In one more breath it would be upon him, but he feels nothing but a creepy tingling. Several moments pass before he dares to open his eyes again, not wishing to trip on sight midway through and get scratched to all hell like the last shrub he came upon.
    When his red gaze blinks open there is no shrub in sight or leaves in his pelt. Looking back he can even see it shrinking in the distance. "Haha HAH fuck you you little-" In a flailing ball of purple fur and gas the Phanteon is thrown to the ground, the ash tree he had smacked in to seemingly coming out of nowhere. The tree hisses, a few stray, brunt leaves that clung to its branches coming free to rest on the forest floor. "Fuck.. you.. too." Lone groans through clenched teeth.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Faraway Island | Morning
    Katyusha 42 | Marvin 39

"Um... Honestly, we weren't expecting more Pokemon from our group to show up." Marvin releases a breath as a quiet hiss through his teeth. How many more of them were there? The skunk takes several steps to face the approaching 'mon. His neck and back arch in an attempt to look over the foliage blocking most of his view. Despite the lack of sight, there is plenty to hear. Twigs shattering underfoot, a yelp and muttered words. With stealth skills like this, how did they make it this far? Numbers?

"The ones coming here are friendly." Did he really appear that threatened by these fumbling newcomers, or was that comment for their jumpy nine onetales? Neither willing to ask or caring, he waits patiently for the vaporeon to finally emerge. "He' Abby." Huh? "Who's hur new fwiends?" What? Whatever that meant, the fish certainly seemed happy enough with it. It was puzzling...since when were strangers a good thing? Too genuine-looking though to be some trick...

Katyusha speeds up when she hears TD's yelp. However, by the time the fox arrives, the vaporeon has already recovered and continues moving forward. Albeit, with a small, visible dent. She opens her mouth to say something about it to her companion, but her words die on her tongue. TD's eyes are firmly on the strangers--the brightly colored skuntank and another ninetales--she wouldn't 'hear' her.

"Oh! H-hello." Katyusha stutters out, internally cursing her first-impression skills. Her eyes slowly moving around the group, analyzing the new faces and noting the familiar ones appear unharmed. "You were gone a while, I mean, we got worried when-" Marvin continues to stare openly at the two, eyes squinted, still trying to decipher what the water type had asked. "Um.." Katyusha trails off, hoping they got the general idea.

Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Faraway Island/Noon [21]

When Tinydragon had gotten closer, Abby suddenly heard a sharp snap and saw the Vaporeon flinch.  Concern filled her, but Tinydragon shrugged it off and continued forward.  Soon she came through the last bush, and gave the fairy a small smile, "He' Abby." The poor Vaporeon sounded so parched, but she was keeping a bright attitude.  "Who's hur new fwiends?"

"Good to see you, Tinydragon!"Abby smiled softly at her and, while making sure the Vaporeon could see her mouth, answered, "These are some Pokemon that we ran into that offerred to help us.""Caine is the Ninetales, and Marvin is the Skuntank," she explained.  Then looking Tinydragon over, she worriedly asked, "Are you alright? I heard a yelp when you were getting close... You aren't hurt are you?"

On Tinydragon's heels came Katyusha, and the oddly colored Ninetales appeared rather nervous at the sight of the newcomers. "Oh! H-hello." Considering how dangerous the world was, Abby really couldn't blame her. "You were gone a while, I mean, we got worried when- Um.." Tongue tied at the sight of newcomers, or perhaps just nervous, Abby wasn't quite sure. However... they had been gone longer than planned, it was only to be expected that the others had grown worried.

Rubbing the back of her neck, Abby responded, "I'm sorry about that... We ran into some other Pokemon and started talking with them. Good thing too, since Marvin knew where to find these berries." At the last sentence, she lifted the berry she was holding in her other hand to show that they had found something during this excursion. "We were just working on getting more out of the trees." Then remembering their vanishing companion, she nervously asked, "Have... you seen Javolt? He was here a few minutes ago... but then he just... disappeared" Flinching as she realized that she ought to introduce the others to the new Pokemon, she called out to Caine and Marvin, "This is Tinydragon and Katyusha."
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:48 am

Faraway Island | Noon | 16

What had previously been growing feelings of apprehension quickly turned to relief, the Eevee temporarily distracted from the Manectric's sudden disappearance by the subsequent appearance of a few familiar faces. Wobbling slightly in an attempt to keep his balance, the Normal type carefully poked his head out of the tangled web of branches and leaves in an attempt to get a better look. "Aah, um, I'm up here!" Was the first thing he said, deciding it was probably better to make himself noticeable before anything else. He didn't, after all, want to startle anyone on accident. The branch underneath his paws continued to creak ominously, but Oracle ignored it in favor of looking around for more berries. In a sense, the majority of the group being there actually worked out; it did, after all, save them the trouble of carrying their supplies back to the cave.

He remained silent for the most part, allowing Abby to do the majority of the explaining. The Vaporeon's injury was enough to get him to wince, however the lack of blood was somewhat comforting, though no doubt it was painful. At least the berries were Oran berries; he had long since been taught that they were among the types of berries with special healing properties.

As his thoughts briefly drifted back to his clan, Oracle frowned. He wanted to perhaps attempt a reading soon, if things settled down. Certainly there were no shortage of bones around, and communication with the goddesses was always important, though he wasn't quite sure how his companions would react to such a thing. Shaking his head, the Normal type decided to worry about it later, and reached out to prod at a nearby berry instead. The stem snapped and it bounced to the ground with a light thud.

"I'm sorry about that... We ran into some other Pokemon and started talking with them. Good thing too, since Marvin knew where to find these berries. We were just working on getting more out of the trees." Settling back into a sitting position that was more precarious than comfortable, the Eevee hummed in agreement. "If you're really hungry... We've knocked down a few berries already, if you want to all share?" He glanced around nervously at that, unsure of his offer.
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:41 am

Daytime! Post count: 1

Everything was blackened, the reek of ash and dust noticeable even at the bottom of the pool that the creature lay resting. After the flames had been snuffed and the sun’s heat replaced them, it warmed his deathly cold body and he emerged, simply basking in the warmth for several hours until his body was permeated with sunshine, and his rotted lips twisted into a smile. The reptile tasted fresh meat on the air, licking his teeth immediately he broke into a run towards the source. Though, he paused when he arrived within earshot, cocking his bulbous head when he heard the voices, stirring up old ideas and emotions from life that overshadowed his bloodlust for the moment. Faintly he understood what they were saying and stepped closer to better listen, a growing sense of familiarity coming to him as he did so. Blackened red eyes widened as the thought of “F-FRIEND?”
    Movement in the trees caught his eye, reflexively lunging towards it. As he raised his maw to bite, he saw the voice coming from something small and brown, connecting the two concepts as one. Small. He remembered something small. Small and precious. Propping himself against the tree using his massive hands, his claws easily shredded through the bark, supporting his immense weight as he craned his neck to look up, deep chest rumbling softly “My Friend?” Diverting his attention was the sound of a loud shouting behind him, and the rapid rustling of paws on the ground and he turned his head, gasping as he saw more small voices, wagging his muscular tail in excitement “MY FRIENDS!”

Last edited by Moon Moon on Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:40 pm

Faraway Island | Noon
    TinyDragon 90 | Loneliness 53

"Good to see you, Tinydragon!" TD made a soft sound reminiscent of a purr. Abby seemed so cheerful, and she always spoke so clearly which TD truly did appreciate. "These are some Pokemon that we ran into that offered to help us. Caine is the Ninetales, and Marvin is the Skuntank," When the Togetic finished she looked to each of the new Pokemon and nodded. If they offered help and Abby approved of them then they had to be good people.

"Are you alright? I heard a yelp when you were getting close... You aren't hurt are you?" For a moment the Vaporeon is confused but the feeling quickly passes as she realizes what Abby is talking about. "Oh," While bringing her tail forward would of been easier TD turns her entire body around to examine the tip of her tail. Flicking it slightly she paws gently passed the scars to the spot the stick had stabbed. Emotions churn in her stomach as he looks at the jagged lines but she squashes them down, focusing on the task at hand. Their was no blood so it mustn't of broken the skin, but the scales in that spot were jutting in awkward angles. Vaporeon's are not meant for the woods. She would lose a couple of scales, to a stick of all things, but would be just fine. Turning herself forward once more TinyDragon smiles and gives Abby a small shake of her head, "Ets jus a scatch."

TD's smile faltered when Abby made an awkwardness gesture. Following her line of sight she can see that Katyusha had approached and the pixie must of been responding to her. "-ran into some other Pokemon and started talking with them. Good thing too, since Marvin knew where to find these berries. We were just working on getting more out of the trees." Marvin had found them and offered to share? Warmth filled her blue form at his kindness, to strangers of all things. Looking into the trees themselves she is pleased by how vibrant this area is. The fire couldn't kill everything. There was more then enough here for all of them to eat. Oh! She spots a tiny brown shape in the branches that she hadn't noticed before. Oracle is here too. While she can tell he is speaking the Eevee is just too far away to see his words.

Turning back to Abby the Togetic is speaking once more. "Have... you seen Javolt? He was here a few minutes ago... but then he just... disappeared" What? The Vaporeon stiffens. Of all Pokemon Javolt had disappeared? Maybe he went to look for us? Thats what they had did after all, look for the others. But why wouldn't he say anything.. He isnt that type of Pokemon.. The confidence she had built up sank to paws. What if Lo-

A flash of moment catches her eye, dark against the brightly colored forest. Her thoughts are broken by a sight right out of a horror movie; an undead burst out of no where and was about to get Oracle! No! She screams instinctually, utterly horrified. Dear legends she does not wish to see the horrible incoming sight but can not peel her eyes away. But by some stroke of luck, it stops, sparing the normal type's life as it moves with slow, lumbering movements. Bark falls from the tree like dandruff under the brunt of its claws. Panic rises in her stiff body as it moves closer to the Eevee. Someone save him!!!

The Phanteon was running much more streamline now, easily rounding shrubs and dodging trees as he refused to be slowed up again. He had picked up the Eevee's scent a ways back, used to it after smelling it on himself for so long, and was following it with confidence. Surely they had to be in this direction. As he ran Lone noted that the forest was growing thick and green once more. The plants around here had little to no charring, the fires reach ending and life continuing on without notice. They were going for food, right? Yeah, this would be the perfect place to look for stuff like that. A buckled root appears in his path but the Phanteon jumps over it without a second thought. Not today fuckwad.

He may of cleared the root with ease but he is not prepared for the ear piercing scream that echos through the trees a moment later. Coming to a harp halt Lone takes a second settle himself. That sounded like bitchfins. Why would she scream? Had something happened? The fish was pretty damn quiet. Even through the trial she hadn't really said much so to scream like that.. She's in trouble. "God damn it all, she ran off alone too!" If she had to die today it was to be by Javolt's paws, not some worthless undead. If he as going to responsible for this shit then gods-be-damned he would be responsible for all of it, including saving her sorry ass a second time. Pounding his paws hard against the forest floor the Phanteon sped toward the direction he thought the scream came from, determination fueling his stride.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:22 am

((OOC: Skip. I need to catch up.))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:18 pm

Faraway Island | Morning
    Katyusha 43 | Marvin 40

"These are some Pokemon that we ran into that offerred to help us.""Caine is the Ninetales, and Marvin is the Skuntank," Katyusha can feel herself relax slowly as Abby introduces the strangers. While Marvin, on the other hand, retains his neutral demeanor. All too soon though, the building calm is shattered. The fox notices the creaking from the lumbering steps of the undead first. No one in their party was large enough to make such a sound. The unfamiliar noise got louder and louder, the stench of rot wreathing through the air as it did.

"Something's here." Marvin hisses nearby, suddenly on alert. Despite his coloration, he crouches low, hoping the overgrowth in the forest help to hide him somewhat. It was something. Meanwhile, his head turns this way and that, attempting to pin point the exact location of the approaching beast before it was right on top of them.

Too late.

The large macabre figure bursts into view, having set its clouded gaze on the eevee still high in the trees. It's claws shredding the bark of the tree like paper as it attempts to brings its bulk higher. "Oracle!" Katyusha shouts, rushing forward, only then do some of the creature's grunts appear to form words. Actual ones. Friend? Friends? Did...this creature know some of them? Doubtful, perhaps the word was just a relic, said as a reflex. After all, this 'mon was so far gone...

"F-friend?" Katyusha starts, raising her voice to hopefully get the beast's attention. "Do you know any of us? Is there still someone in there--" She cuts off as the skuntank blocks her path, forcing her to dig her claws in to avoid running into him. "Are you nuts? Just kill it." Holding true to his own words, the skunk starts to charge a flamethrower, before stomping it out remembering something. "That won't work either! The trees could catch on fire."[/color] Yeah, that...he grumbles to himself. "Fine." He grumbles, exhaling a smokescreen aimed around the decaying reptile.

Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:28 am

Faraway Island/Noon [22]

Tinydragon was glad to see Abby and nodded her head at each of the new Pokemon. The Togetic was glad that she was able to introduce them to the poor, skittish Vaporeon in a calm and safe manner. Tinydragon appeared confused at Abby's concern, however, and then turned her whole body to check something on her tail. Abby craned her neck a little to also look, and she was first distracted by the amount of scarring on the water type's tail. She had seen a little of it before, but in the sunlight, it was easier to see how many scars were there. She wondered what could have possibly caused those, but since they were obviously old and healed wounds, she continued looking for the recent injury. The Togetic was relieved when all she could see of the scratch was some scales sticking up at on odd angle. There wasn't any blood, and it didn't seem like there was any broken skin. Tinydragon confirmed this with turning around with a smile and replying, "Ets jus a scatch." If there was any healing she needed, the Oran berries would certainly handle it.

Oracle hesitantly offered, "If you're really hungry... We've knocked down a few berries already, if you want to all share?" Since most of them were here, it would make more sense to go ahead and eat then to try carrrying it all back. Of course they would need to save some for Lone to take back, but carrying food for one Pokemon would be easier than enough for their whole group.

Abby smiled at the suggestion and added, Good plan, Oracle." Then she realized that Tinydragon probably wouldn't have been able to see Oracle's mouth since he was in a tree and a distance away. She tried to get the Vaporeon's attention to explain the Eevee's plan, but then she heard something in the distance. Stomping sounds... cracking wood... The fairy tensed, and her downy wings started to spark as she built up a charge for a Thunder Wave.

Marvin heard it too and hissed, "Something's here." The Skuntank crouched in an attempt to be less noticeable. As Abby turned her head in an attempt to pinpoint the sound, she noticed Marvin doing something similar. Unfortunately, both of their efforts to find the sound before it got there were in vain as a huge Feraligatr charged into the clearing. She thought that they said something as they bee lined to the tree that Oracle was still precariously perched in, but Tinydragon's scream drowned it out. It wasn't hard to miss the far too dark coloration, tattered appearance, and glowing red eyes. Her brown eyes opened wide as it completely hit her that this was an undead.

She released the charge that had built up in her wings, but she had to redirect the attack into the ground at her feet as Katyusha suddenly ran forward. The oddly colored Ninetales cried, "Oracle!" Something the undead creature said caught Katyusha's attention as she raised her voice, "F-friend? Do you know any of us? Is there still someone in there--" Friend? The word almost broke Abby's heart, for she knew the undead once lived and breathed like she did. However, once they were like... that... there was no going back. It was only going to be a matter of time...

"Katyusha, no! It's too late!" She yelled out.

She breathed a sigh of relief as Marvin blocked Katyusha from moving any closer and bluntly stated, "Are you nuts? Just kill it." He then prepared a fire attack, but then suddenly realized how bad of an idea that was considering recent events. Instead he let out a Smokescreen to hopefully confuse the Feraligatr.

The undead was in front of the tree and had temporarily diverted... his? attention away from Oracle in the tree to them. He appeared friendly now... but the disease always turned Pokemon violent. They had to either get Oracle out of the tree or draw the beast away...  Putting the unfortunate creature out of his misery was another option, but as she looked at their party, she realized that three of them were fire types... There was also considering the fact that she needed to make sure Tinydragon was safe... So many things could go wrong, but she knew she needed to act now. She quickly turned to Tinydragon, and told her, "I'm going after Oracle; stay with the others or hide." The fairy called to her fellow living, "Keep him distracted and watch out for Tinydragon!" As she took off, she shouted to Oracle, "I'm coming, climb if you can, hold on if you can't! "
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:39 am

Faraway Island | Noon | 17

Deciding to allow everyone a moment to catch up, Oracle turned his attention back to the tree, scanning the branches for any additional berries. They had gathered a decent amount by now, hadn't they? That meant he could finally find something to eat himself without feeling guilty over it. Something the Eevee was admittedly quite thankful for, considering he hadn't actually eaten in quite a while. Before he had much of a chance to look, however, a sudden scream quickly drew his attention away from his task. Is that... Tinydragon? The Normal type quickly turned around, heart hammering nervously in his chest; it didn't take very long for him to figure out what had caused the Vaporeon to shout.

He had heard before that when one was caught in a particularly dangerous situation, their life would immediately begin flashing before their eyes in what could very well be their final moments. Staring down at what very well could have been the jaws of death themselves, however, he saw... Nothing. Nothing but teeth and danger, the fear coursing through his veins freezing him in place. He had never been so close to one of them before, though he knew that they were capable of- and even if he wasn't, it didn't take a genius to figure out what would happen next.

"Oracle!" The shout of his name broke the Eevee away from the terror that was paralyzing him in place, though he still didn't make any attempts to escape. He couldn't- not with the creature standing so close. Who knew how he would react to any sudden movements? It was then, however, that the Feraligatr spoke, confusing him even more.

"Friend?" He echoed, blinking quizzically at the undead reptile, ears pressed down flat against his skull. "Y... Yes." In an attempt to save his skin, Oracle smiled. It looked more like a grimace, fear straining his features, but he hoped the Water type wouldn't notice. "We can b-be friends."

Whether it satisfied the creature or not, he turned his attention to the rest of the group. Oracle let out a breath he had been holding for who knew how long. The situation still wasn't good, of course, especially considering a large portion of their group was as a significant type advantage, but he could at least consider the fact that he wasn't about to be eaten a plus. A smokescreen quickly filled the air, obscuring the Normal type's view of the situation. Did he get down? How could he get down? He was at a risk of hurting himself if he jumped, but if he stayed in the tree, the undead could find him again once he grew bored of the others. Thankfully, a familiar voice had the answer to his troubles. "I'm coming, climb if you can, hold on if you can't! " Thank the goddesses.

"O-okay!" He called, trying to keep his voice from trembling. His limbs felt shaky from fear, but he braced himself and hopped to a higher branch with the help of a Quick Attack. "I'm going to head up! Follow my voice if you can't see me."
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:47 pm

Daytime Funtime! A very Faraway Island! 2

Murmuring softly when he heard his word echoed back to him, The Feraligatr smiled and walked forwards slowly towards the beautiful fox approaching his rotting carcass. "My friend...!" Startling out of his enchantment at the cloud of smoke surrounding him, a sharp, pained cry tore out of the reptile's tattered throat and he stumbled around sightlessly. Blindness brought back the piercing paranoia that plighted his living moments, and a fear that existed in those who have lost haunted his cold, dead heart. He couldn't SEE them. He couldn't see his friends. If he couldn't see his friends they'd get hurt and leave him. LEAVE HIM. Erupting in a frenzied screech The crocodile hurled himself out of the smokescreen in a veil of water. Tearing across the ground with a grating snarl, he left grooves where his talons raked the soil as he turned to face who had dare threaten his-And saw his friends. Relaxing immediately the monster loosened his taught biceps and jaws, letting his tail fall to the ground , and proceeded to thump it repeatedly. Sticking his tongue out while he wagged his thick tail one could be reminded of a young canine, aside from the fact that it was an overly large, muscular, and diseased reptile that performed these actions. A white fluttering catching his gaze The Feraligatr turned his head, mangled and blackened lips curling into a smile as his gaze settle on the Togetic, and he cried out with delight  "Pretty!" A sunny expression lifting his blighted features the reptile looked back over to Katyusha, and he resumed his casual saunter to greet her. "Pretty friends!"
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Faraway Island | Noon
    TinyDragon 91 | Loneliness 54

TD watched with wide, horror-filled eyes as the others charged into action. Rooted to the spot, trembling like a leaf, the water type felt as though she were about to vomit. She couldn't watch this, she couldn't watch this. Euthanasia had been bad enough-- straight consumption of her friend before her eyes was a completely different level of horror. No, no no please-- Abby fluttered before her, forcing her attention away long enough to focus on the Togetic's words. "I'm going after Oracle; stay with the others or hide." What!? Katyusha had charged, Marvin too, Abby was speeding off, all for the undead that had lowered its stance at the sight of them all.

The Vaporeon took one tentative step backward. She.. she was no fighter. How many times had this come up!? While she could defend herself well enough actively attacking had never been her strong-suit. Ill get in the way. Doubt sings clear in her mind. But, Oracle! She was not about to abandon a friend. Even if she couldn't do anything to help she wasn't about to just run away when he needed help! The air ahead filled with smoke from a Smokescreen and Abby's white fur had vanished amongst the treetops. Were the others going to be okay, were they going to be lost today...? Abby had asked her to hide but was there even anything around that she cold hide in? Looking around for something, anything that could stop a tall, powerful undead that clearly wasn't hindered by trees the Vaporeon came up empty-pawed. The best she could do would just be staying out of sight or running away...

Movement catches her gaze, a splotch of cream fur vanishing behind the thick shrubs. In the excitement TinyDragon couldn't recall the name of the Ninetales she had just met, and didn't dare to follow him in this state. However, lead by example, she bound behind the nearest thicket and kept low to the ground. If she couldn't help then she wasn't about to get in the way.  

The fuck was going on? Lone could hear the shouts already, the words lost to the trees but the meaning clear; something was going on. Following along the scent trails the Phanteon bound along a clear path, accelerating with each coming shout.

When he was finally close enough to make out the words the Phanteon skid to a hard halt, stopping a few feet short of the Vaporeon. Her face was pressed into the brushes, looking through them intently. "Yo bitchfins, sup?" He says curtly, but the Vaporeon does not notice him. With a loud groan he tromps forward, spouting, "Oh fucking hell I forgot you're deaf. Fucking shit man can you get any more annoying." She never acted like it but he had to admit it explained some of the weird shit she did.

She noticed him once he was only inches away, jumping high in the air, spooked. As she skittered backward into the bush irritation pricked through the Phanteon's pelt. Stamping is paws against the ground Lone growled clearly, "God.. chill. What the fucks going on?" He could probably just look and find out but he might as well give her a chance. But the worthless little shit was taking her sweet time to get herself together. TD's head flipped forward and back, her entire body shaking as she tried to point to the clearing with a trembling paw, words failing to form. I swear to god if you dont hurry the fuck up.. With another more exasperated groan Lone rolled his head back before throwing it in her face, "Hurry the fuck up!" Finally, she managed to sputter one, pathetic sentence. "U-undeb's after Oracul!"
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:33 am

|Faraway Island|Noon|
    |32|
    Rokai stood, near speechless as the overbearing water type loomed over his friends. His emerald eyes were wide, and while the Houndoom was scared of the larger pokemon, his emerald eyes hardened slightly, sucking in a shuddering breath. Their tail wagged, but the thumping appendage only heightened the fire hound's fear. He didn't have any advantage here, if they attacked, the Houndoom was a goner. Salty tears pricked at the corners of his eyes as he clenched his teeth. "Pretty friends!" With a leap, the dark furred fire hound jumped in front of the large undead, his emerald eyes flashing as a Protect flared up in front of him, the dark green tinted barrier shimmering to form an impregnable barrier between them and the Feraligatr.

"Don't... Don't come any further, please." he said softly, his emerald gaze lifting to meet the undead's terrifying red eyes. His shoulders shook, and the hound's tail hing limp as he tried his hardest to hide his fear of the water type in front of him. Sucking in a breath, the hound'd entire frame shuddered violently, but he let the breath out with a tongue of flame that licked at the grass below the hound, barely scorching the grass. "You're scaring everyone. So p-please just stay over... Over there." He breathed, his emerald gaze falling back down to the ground.

"I'm going after Oracle; stay with the others or hide." Craning his head around, Rokai watched with wide eyes as Abby made her way up the tree where Oracle was hole up. He wanted to object, to say stay here where it was safe, but there was no way he would leave another pokemon out there, not if there were more undead here. First that freak Gyrados, then the fire bug, now this. It was just beginning to get too much for the hound. He needed a break, not more crap.

"Yo bitchfins, sup?" This time Rokai's head whipped around he swore he felt something crack. That was Lone! His eyes narrowed. He didn't like the ghost, especially after he tried to frame TinyDragon. "Oh fucking hell I forgot you're deaf. Fucking shit man can you get any more annoying." Retracing a few steps, Rokai caught sight of Lone talking to TD, who obviously had been startled by the ghost. The fire hound's gaze narrowed. "God.. chill. What the fucks going on?" He didn't catch TD's reply, and instead the fire hound turned his attention back to the undead water type, Rokai grunted with the exertion of keeping the Protect up. Hopefully they were able to understand his words. If they didn't... Well, at lest he knew he'd die trying.

((OOC: My apologies if I got something wrong, it was a bit difficult for me to get what was going on. I hope this post isn't too confusing.))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:54 pm

((Ooc: please skip me this round.))

Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:22 pm

Faraway Island/Noon [23]

The Smokescreen blocked the fairy's view of the others, but Abby could still hear them speaking. Rokai was trying to peacefully make the undead alligator go away, but she didn't have any hope of that working. The Feraligatr said something about pretty friends, and just the fact that he could still speak continued to hurt. They always turned violent. Always. They couldn't afford to be taken in by his peaceful manner now, or she could lose this small group just as she lost the humans she was supposed to protect. The image of the humans in her mind was replaced by her new found friends, and the screaming soon resembled their voices. All going down to this undead, one by one...

She couldn't see exactly where she was going, but soon she heard Oracle's voice, which also served to snap her out of her thoughts. "O-okay! I'm going to head up! Follow my voice if you can't see me." Thank Arceus, he had heard her. She followed the voice even further upwards, and soon she found the branches of the tree that she knew the Eevee was still in. His voice was definitely on the move, and she decided to ascend straight up. As she looked down on the tree, she kept her eyes open for shifting leaves and brown fur.  

"Oracle! Keep talking, I can't see you yet!" She called out. The smoke was dissipating, and they needed to get away before the undead realized what they were doing. Her eyes started glowing blue; as soon as she found Oracle, she was going to dive and grab him with her arms and Psychic. She wasn't sure if she was going to straight up carry him away, or if she was going to put him down yet. [color=#FFF8DC]We'll cross that bridge when we get there./color] As she kept her eyes and ears open, she watched for any attacks that could fly in her direction.

((OOC: If you want, Penumbra, she'll actually get Oracle next turn. PM me if you want to do something else though.))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:51 pm