Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

(ACE) The MARSH Team

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 12 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:57 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 12 48719739_yXs6njrRlwcDlTN
    The Great Marsh [Ranger Station] || Noon [Raining]
    Lu'req 12 || Johvani 12

Lu'req listens to the music of the outside world. The hum of the rain, call of the storm, whistling wind, and the boom of approaching thunder. No doubt it was speeding up, and would pass the worst of it over them soon. Did they continue on during the eye, how much time would they be afforded? Would these Pokemon be able to keep pace? He counted the beats and tried to deduce how much time they had. The dragon takes full advantage of the rest, re-hydrating with fresh rain water and appreciating the storm as well without interrupting his moment. "No! No more secrets! It's dry now, so its time you start explaining." The pipsqueak eeveelution yowls at him indignity, but the small Radeon does not so much as flinch at her outburst.

He heard no concerning noises but alas, he would not be allowed to focus. "Do you always yell to get your way?" He jives, expression unchanged. This child was irritating, how did these Pokemon put up with her, how had she not gotten herself killed from running her mouth? "Who are you? You talk all high and mighty but you're skulking about this awful swamp, so who do you think you are?!" A vein pulses on the side of his temple. "I think I'm the one who got your sorry asses out of the danger zone." It was not the most dangerous section but you'd have to be a moron to wander it so blindly.

Johvani's faceted gaze slides over to Reed, asking, seeking, but not at all pushing to answer the stream of questions. Did he wish to quiet her, to learn from these Pokemon, or continue to wait until the coast was truly clear? His deep maroon eyes blinked slowly, the weight of choice clearly tossing about in his mind, but he did not give a tell on a decision either way. Shuffling their shoulders Johvani paid it no mind; they would answer when the time came.

"You said this place was clear, so don't pretend we need a better spot to chat freely." The juvenile continued to bark, the outburst only working her up more. Her companion spoke gently, trying his best to calm her down and prevent what Johvani could only assume was a coming meltdown. It was odd, they thought, that this young one could be so patient some moments and so childish the next.

"Do you think your safety is constant while treading in a Luxray's den?" Reed hisses, fangs peaking from beneath his fangs. Lightning flashes again and he takes a quick glance at the sky outside. The bolt lit up the clouds if only for a moment, and he squinted to spot anything of concern. The Sylveon continued to pacify her but it did little for the pounding feeling growing in his head. "You act so clueless its hard to believe."
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:00 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 12 PahNIaG
    The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
    Eleroo 194 || Seek 214

"Do you always yell to get your way?"

Heat flushed in the Aiveon's cheeks as the Radeon's words worked their way under her skin. Where did he get off! With a heavy flick of her wings Seek better notices the twinge of pain, for better or worse, and puffs up in her pelt in an angered display. "If they don't listen-" She starts, her pelt tingling with near electric irritation, but she's cut off by another of Reed's passive yet aggressive responses. "I think I'm the one who got your sorry asses out of the danger zone." What? Seek's face twists with disgusted confusion. Was he implying they had helped them out by forcing them to move away from the river? Yeah, after a bunch of threats! He kept talking about dangers out here though, had they really been avoiding them or was it dumb luck?

For all her rage the Radeon did not bite back at the same level she was putting out. Did she really seem like that little of a threat? “Seek, I know you want answers and so do I but I got a feeling that they know something that we might be unaware of. Right now, let’s remain cautious until the truth shows itself.” Felix whispers gently, his words carefully leveling her and forcing her agitated stance to relax. "He's so smug though..." She groans on her own strained whisper, blue eyes sparkling with pity seeking before turning back to shoot daggers at the Radeon. He sat so nonchalantly, as though nothing they said mattered and was an annoyance at best. Man, did it piss her off. ”If it is checked then that means we might have to move again soon. I think they was trying to tell us that while giving those in Pastoria the slip. Right now, we should trust their word, I can’t detect any malice in his voice or hers in any matter.” Raising her ears with interest Seek tilts her gaze back toward Felix. Checked, like when Reed checked for danger? Did he expect danger? Even now he sat keenly by the door, uninterested in them but... Aware of whats outside.

"Do you think your safety is constant while treading in a Luxray's den?" The words were a sharp hiss, gruff and poignant as though he had read her mind. Was he literally keeping watch right now, for dangers to them as a whole? Was that why he was so uninterested? They hadn't seen anything since being dropped in this swampland, but that didn't mean they shouldnt be looking out. Feeling small with uncomfortable realization the Aiveon's shoulders fall flat, her body sinking to the floor with a weird since ignominy. "No, that'd.. be stupid." She mumbles, deflated as the fight leaves her voice entirely. They had looked for scouts at one point, but even then there hadn't been much on their part.

"You act so clueless its hard to believe."

Turning away from both of their fellow Radeon Seek stares at the floor, resettling herself awkwardly in a bid to rid the uncomfortable feeling settling in her pelt. These Pokemon were strange but, clearly they knew more than they all did and were taking caution in that. Even if we didn't come here by choice its true we didn't run into anything, and nothing seems to be in here. For what its worth, they had been honest with them. Not open, but honest at least. Shuffling closer to Felix Seek whispers, "If there is no malice.. Do you think they're... protecting us from something?" It seemed wild, Reed was constantly baring his fangs at them! Yet, never had he attacked, and his methods had gotten them to act in the end.

With her heat once again dying back Eleroo was able to release a tense breath he had held on to much too long. With each snap the Aiveon gave he could feel his body stiffen, as if bracing for an impact. Dread filled him, his mind whirling enough to finally dampen the buzzing excitement he had been feeling. The black pool of emotions he had been holding back came bubbling back up into his mind, a stain on his hopeful lookout as he eyed his kin with a curious gaze. Seek would screw this up one way or another. Did.. did he ask? Did he rip the bandage off and just open that conversation right now? With a rough swallow Eleroo lets his eyes fall almost shut. Im so tired though.. He could not match the energy that kept sparking through the room. If another yelling competition spurred and he was a participant his voice would easily be lost. Admittedly he was very a loud speaker but it would be even worse as he got nothing in edgewise.
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:21 pm

((OoC: Gimme a skip, I have a massive migraine and the post I had ended up a casualty of light computer cleaning. Shenron is listening to everyone else talk and keeping watch for now))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:05 am

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 12 KugUZ7n
    The Great Marsh|Noon [Raining]

After the arguing ceased, Felix could only guess that Reed had dealt with tempers like that before. ”If there is no malice.. Do you think they're... protecting us from something?” Seek whispers to him. From what they had witnessed from East, its possible that they are being hunted by the Floatzel himself. Death would be knocking on the door should they are confronted by that evil floatzel once again. Right now though, they need to cooperate with Reed. “I got a hunch on what it might be. Knowing what we’ve dealt with so far, its likely they’ve studied the patrols from those in Pastoria. If East is with them however, I fear that we’ve little chance to escape without one of us getting harmed or taken. Though I doubt he’ll waste his time scouting out in a search for us.” Felix whispers back. With everything now settled, Felix looked at Reed and Johvani with a nod to tell them that he’s calmed her down for now.

The Sylveon lays back down and finally resumes talking to the two radeons. “I’m sure we’ll get all the answers once we’re out of danger but you both have reasons to hold off until then. We’ll be ready when its time to move out.” Afterwards Felix yawns and gets some rest. Though in his rest, he thought about home. What does it look like now? Is it even still standing or is it like the rest of the buildings, collapsed or burning in flames? Not closing his eyes, he kept his eyes on the others making sure nothing happens to them. What would happen if they was sneaked up on even with the two radeons? No, he shook that thought off and thought of something more positive. Felix then decided to let the two ask him some questions. Not that he could have an answer to something that he wouldn’t know.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon May 01, 2023 8:08 pm

Lu'req 13 || Johvani 13

"No, that'd.. be stupid."

Ah, so the brat had some common sense in that empty skull after all. His words had been cold but Reed didn't find them strong enough to completely change her tune, yet the Aiveon backed once again. Yeah, that won't last long. The kid had an attitude that saw no stop signs, only speed bumps, and it would be back before long. Tipping his nose back toward the clouds Reed put her out of mind again and watched the grey sky fill with the light of another electric bolt. Its moving quickly. With each new flash his deep red gaze was locked on the skyline, focused and searching for something specific. He could only hope he was wrong.

Johvani sat quietly, unbothered by the exchange in heat coming and going within the room. Much like the dragon they chose to enjoy their moment of rest and eventually started to groom. Their fur required considerable attention to remain as healthy as it was, and it doubled as a distraction and time sink when needed. But while their gaze was down upon their own pelt, the bright white patches as brilliant as ever, even they could not ignore the hushed conversation coming from the other eeveelutions. They seemed stressed, worn down, unsure.. rightfully so, but the chatter seemed to hit a snag, or perhaps a lead, as tired eyes and thoughtful words turned concerned. Not that Johvani was really listening, but their motions and expressions told enough of a story.

Quieter yet was the Radeon among them. He stared at the floor, not muttering or interacting anymore as he curled up in a crumpled heap. Though he had not the will to engage Johvani knew that energy he reflected back at the river surely wasnt spontaneous, and behind those sad eyes a curious little Pokemon still listened to those around them.
    Yet hurt resonated from his small body, something she had seen too many times back in muddled past; something had upset the young Pokemon outside of this event, and though they would not pry the maternal Pokemon wished to comfort him all the same.

"Are you alright dear?" They ask, honeyed voice genuine as they seek his attention. Rising from their chosen seat Johvani moves closer to Eleroo, settling beside him but allowing enough space that he could move away if desired. The item the child carried rested between his paws, gently stroked and rolled in a fidgeting motion. A comfort perhaps, or even a subconscious action they watched with a curious gaze. "Someone dear to you gave you that trinket, yes? Tell me about them." Reed had inquired about it before, but it could once again act as an icebreaker thanks to his temper.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri May 05, 2023 8:04 pm

Eleroo 195 || Seek 215

Seek's blue eyes were wide with contemplation, fidgeting between the outside and the Radeon blocking her view. It was such a strange thought, outlandish even, yet she could not deny the moments that supported it. Even now, even now was he..? “I got a hunch on what it might be. Knowing what we’ve dealt with so far, its likely they’ve studied the patrols from those in Pastoria.” Patrols, scouts.. is that that why they went through the weeds? Where in the Marsh are we?? Those Pokemon had mostly been water types, between the pools and rain they would have no trouble traveling though this mess of an environment. "They were kinda in shambles after that last move, if they sent anything I doubt it'd be immediate.." They'd be undoubtedly pissed, but would they be able to act during all that panic and uproar?

Unable to follow Reed's gaze outside Seek suddenly felt very exposed. Despite being completely covered by the sturdy shelter the very place made them a sitting target. An obvious hideout.. Was that why he was watching? Is that what happened at the train station? “I’m sure we’ll get all the answers once we’re out of danger but you both have reasons to hold off until then. We’ll be ready when its time to move out.” Flexing her toes anxiously the Aiveon shook her head. "Either that.. or the danger gets here first and answers for us."

"Are you alright dear?" The quiet Radeon asks, her voice gentle and non-intrusive though it managed to pull Eleroo from his sulking nonetheless. "Im okay." He mumbles lightly, appreciative but a little surprised by the concern as his voice bubbles up through the fur of his legs. He was okay, really, really..! Yet, even his thoughts lied, and the small Radeon shifted his paws to readjusted his head upon them. Cuffing his beans around his necklace, even its shiny surface could not bring a smile back to his face. The soft shuffling of paws and a dragging tail made his ears perk ever so slightly, and the feeling of a presence beside him lifted the child's head as the other Radeon sat beside him. A hot wash of embarrassment spread through him; what was happening?! Yet, he did not dislike having a second Pokemon by his side, and Seek didn't outright chase her off so it had to be alright.

"I-I-Im just tired is all." He mutters awkwardly, the words trying to convince himself more than any other. Peaking up, he looks but tries not to catch her gaze. It didn't feel like prying or force, and compared to all opinions that had been thrown out seemed non-judgemental. "...It's been a hard few days." He eventually sighed, remaining aloof with his answer. Ever since arriving here it had been hardship after hardship, loss after loss. The reprieves were never long enough, and the trials always worse than the ones before.

With a deepening frown creasing his face he pushed his muzzle back into his paws. The physical damage was minimal compared to how his head felt. Rolling his Toxic Orb between his paws he felt the smooth surface glide against his pads. Would the thoughts ever stop..? "Someone dear to you gave you that trinket, yes? Tell me about them." Johvani asked with the same soft voice, but the child swore it held curiosity on top of conversation. Clasping his paws around the sphere he stopped it and could see the reflection of his nose within the purple spots. "He was... endlessly kind. Always gentle and patient, no matter how much I struggled." His owner had raised him, literally, and never once showed anger for his meekness. The patience of a god, or at least frustration he was never privy to.

Rolling his paw under the sphere Eleroo lifted it slightly, and saw his own sad, shimmering gaze within its surface. "He was always there for me, even before Seek hatched. He took care of me, day in and day out.. Really was family, like a father to me." The red hue of his eyes was diluted in the purple sphere, but the color reminded him of all the blood that stained his trainers body. "We were gonna go on a journey together, along with Seek and her trainer, but the undead ruined that.. and I never had a chance to give back and protect him." With a slow exhale Eleroo tried to quiet the bubbling emotions and memories. He had never explained the incident in detail to Seek let alone others, and now certainly wasn't the time to dive into yet another trauma. For better or worse Seek could see the hole his thoughts had fallen in and bold spoke over him with a kind but huffy, "At least your trainer's memento hasn't been damaged."
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Tue May 09, 2023 12:10 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 12 NtXit1p

Great Marsh|Noon (182)
    Shenron mused quietly to himself as his teammates got better acquainted. These two eons spoke curiously. With words he likened to past interactions or at the very least close observations to humans. It made him hopeful. Not desperately so but a twinge of hope danced in his chest. Were there humans around? Perhaps a settlement or outpost? How he longed for the thought... Of course most of his hope was in the possibility of his trainer being around. Surely she was alive and well. Perhaps laying claim to a safe haven of her own. It would be like her to do so.
    So he had to hope beyond hope that it was possible.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat May 13, 2023 7:05 am

OoC)) Skip, Felix is relaxing for this round.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed May 17, 2023 8:00 pm

Lu'req 14 || Johvani 14

Letting her head sit neutrally Johavani did not stare at the child as he spoke, allowing him free reign to talk without being watched. Tucking her paws neatly beneath her no part of her frame appeared threatening, and while slow to start the youth did not seem uncomfortable as he spoke. "He was... endlessly kind. Always gentle and patient, no matter how much I struggled." Clear admiration and trust, someone the small Pokemon had come to rely on. How had they come to be together, and apart? Answers she would not get, surely, but ones that painted the story of their relationship nonetheless.  "He was always there for me, even before Seek hatched. He took care of me, day in and day out.. Really was family, like a father to me." As the two rested beside one another the much larger Radeon painted an image of parent and child with their juxtaposition, but nothing would be farther from the truth. This missing Pokemon had checked that box, one that had not been mentioned otherwise, and clearly made an important impact on this young Pokemon's life.

Yet, this child was hurting, anguished by loss and devastation Johvani was not privy to. It was written plain on his face, laced heavy upon his words in a way one can not hide. The sorrow practically rattled his voice, the spacing in his words enough to foretell a sad ending. For one so young to be in such pain.. it damn near broke her heart. "We were gonna go on a journey together, along with Seek and her trainer, but the undead ruined that.. and I never had a chance to give back and protect him." Letting her plush tail wrap around his side Johvani offers him a comfort, though its effectiveness would rely on him alone. "Even if you can not give back, you can always pay that kindness forward." If the undead were involved he was likely dead, if not he was still not present with them. She wouldn't pry on the matter; perhaps the child did not know, or did not wish to recall that part, and who was she to make him relive the feeling. "Sharing that same kindness with others, living your life freely and happily like your friend would have wanted for you. You can still honor them that way." Life was not something to squander, but it was even worse for one so young to have his riddled with grief.

Despite the gentle sound to Johvani's voice Reed's entire body had stiffened, the hairs along his nape standing on end. Her trainer? Trainers had not been around these parts in many seasons, too many for these children to remember. Were they simply misusing the term as dumbass kids often would? "At least your trainer's memento hasn't been damaged." The Aiveon opens her mouth, driving the nail in the coffin of disbelief. These random items.. they weren't some ploy he could not decipher, but trinkets from humans? "You- you lot were trainer 'mons?!" He barks accusingly, eyes wide with every drop of realization that pulsed through his veins.

The random group, their haphazard movements.. A Charizard traveling through a monsoon?! How had he been so blind to the signs? "Are you not from these Marshes?!" But could that be, there was a Radeon among them! But.. the runt was pitiful, soft looking, nothing like the welp should have being out here. Hell, how old were these kids, too old to be--? "Salem didn't send you?"
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun May 21, 2023 7:30 pm

Eleroo 196 || Seek 216

With a glossy gaze Eleroo started at his reflection within the Toxic Orb. Tears teetered teasingly upon the surface of his eyes, making them burn and sting, but for once the child did not feel like he could cry. His emotions were spent, bottled up and swirling around until even he did not know how to feel. While not sudden the soft touch of Johvani's tail was unexpected, and while it could have just been from his reminiscing it reminded him nostalgically, painfully so of his master's touch. The man had been so gentle, his pets tender and loving when he had been so fragile and delicate. If he could see him now, strong but having become.. this creature, what would he think...? "Even if you can not give back, you can always pay that kindness forward." She soothed, picking up where he had left off and drawing his attention out of his own head.

Lifting his nose to catch her gaze the Radeon was not fully sure what she meant. "Pay it forward?" His trainer was gone, having perished for his sake, and he could never pay him anything. "Sharing that same kindness with others, living your life freely and happily like your friend would have wanted for you. You can still honor them that way." Had he heard that before? The young Pokemon's mind was a whirlpool, and his memories were getting muddled together. If he had been told it before, perhaps the impact was missing without the association of his fallen trainer. "Like giving back without giving.. to him?" It was kinda weird to say, but somehow it made sense to the tender Pokemon. "I, kinda do that.. I try to give everyone a chance, offer them kindness. Be a friend where I can." Was he acting that way for his trainer? No, but maybe because of him..?

While the small Radeon tried to piece together a new point of view a sharp bark from Reed sent a tingle down his spine, the sound sudden and edgy as he butt into the conversation. "You- you lot were trainer 'mons?!" Tipping his head in confusion Eleroo was surprised he was surprised by that. So many Pokemon these days had been displaced, released, or lost their trainers, it was not an uncommon occurrence by any means. "Well, yeah. What did you think we were, tourists?" Seek yips at him, sarcastic but honest as she answers his questions. "All of us were," she follows up with a sigh, but feels hot under her fur a moment later and finishes with, "but not to the same person."

The clarification did not settle the enforcer, his red eyes getting more wild. "Are you not from these Marshes?!" Question marks popped up in the Aiveon's mind, his reaction uncharacteristic and really just misplaced for what they knew of him. "Of course not! Why do you think we want out so bad?" They had not hidden their ignorance of this place, legends help them their disdain for it was painfully vocal. The undead, the godforsaken rain, the horrible living Pokemon around here-- "This place is like, physical torment!"

Lighting flashed outside with a very quick follow up of thunder, the storm moving rapidly overhead. In the light of the flash Reed's gaze did not leave them, practically glowing as he sat silhouetted in the doorway. "Salem didn't send you?" For a few heartbeats Seek stared at him, holding his burrowing gaze against her own in stunned confusion. What was happening? The snappy Pokemon she had been bickering with was suddenly making no sense, his eyes crazy like a wild animal. "Who..? No one sent us we were teleported against out will." While they had not been fully transparent they had mentioned Uxie. This shouldn't be new, or unknown, but the Radeon was looking at them as if they had all gone mad.

Hopping to her paws Seek could feel her pelt tingle with uncomfortable static. This guy was about to lose it, and a bead of cold sweat dripped through her fur as she anticipated a sudden brawl. But it was not Reed that chilled the further reaches of her skin, but Eleroo. While his tone remained just as downtrodden his voice was uncomfortably steady as he answered, "He did not."
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Wed May 24, 2023 6:15 pm

Great Marsh|Noon (182)
    Shenron frowned at the Eeveelution's sudden frantic behavior. Was that not clear? Surely this one did not think he was wild? While Charizard males would leave their coven at a certain age they typically stayed nearby if their former home ever needed them for help or in less savory conditions looked for a way to take over said coven. There was no Charizard coven in Sinnoh from what he'd seen in his travels. "Yes? Did you think we were wild or..." He mentally cringed remembering the Swampert and his masses. "With that psychotic Swampert? I assure you we are all far too sane to join up there..." Not to insult the Pokémon who were just frightened or desperate of course, Shenron just knew better. It wasn't realistic to stay in a group that big and not expect something terrible at some point. It happened in media and life tended to imitate art.
    Or so he had seen in failed camps before..
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun May 28, 2023 4:48 pm

The Great Marsh|Noon[Raining]

Felix shook his head no to them that he wasn't in league with this Salem. Wait, was that the name of that Swampert? So if that was his name then that means both East and Salem has a stranglehold on Pastoria. "I'm from Kalos and also a trainer's pokemon. Regardless, that Swampert that you called Salem I presume, I would go out on a limb and say he's like some mafia boss?" That was the only way to describe it. The fact he was calling the shots would fit the bill and that he had a right hand mon to force others to scare off or kill any outsiders that they didn't like. There was one other thing that bothered Felix, the undead that has been showing up in an unexpected spot even when its in a safe area. Was Salem using them to keep the other pokemon from disobeying him? A true mystery in the works.

Felix's ears perked up trying to listen to anything around. Though the sound of rain was consistent with the rumbles of thunder, it made things a bit tougher to tell if it's going to clear up or getting even heavier. "Hmm, can't tell if the rain is getting heavier or not. At least we don't have to worry about a bath. Just walking out there would make you clean in no time." The Sylveon said as he waited around.

OoC)) Short Post, Will expand later when I'm feeling a bit better.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:50 pm

Lu'req 15 || Johvani 15

"Well, yeah. What did you think we were, tourists?" The Pokemon gave him confused looks, as though he had waltzed in with a Carnivine on his head, as if he was the one talking nonsense. As if this town wasn't blockaded from outsiders and patrolled to keep clear. "Yes? Did you think we were wild or... With that psychotic Swampert?" The Charizard paused as though the words were a struggle to get out. "Those are synonymous." He huffs, a dank bile building in his throat upon hearing that species name once again. They knew of that bastard, yet.. "I assure you we are all far too sane to join up there..." Reed paced restlessness in front of the doorway, mind whirling with questions and answers alike. Mostly, how?!

"All of us were, but not to the same person." She made that clear distinction, that this group did not have that familial bond. "So youre strangers with a similar story..?" He mutters mostly to himself, still struggling to understand how a Charizard and a Radeon made it into this town without so much as an alarm call. At least it explained why they weren't obnoxiously close to one another. "I'm from Kalos and also a trainer's Pokemon. Regardless, that Swampert that you called Salem I presume, I would go out on a limb and say he's like some mafia boss?" The bile burned, and Reed let out a loud, groan of disgust. "You could say that. More like a dictator, or a cult leader... or a rat bastard."

With a sharp turn of his head toward the other Radeon pair he glares at the small one. Johvani shielded him from his gaze but Reed would not be denied. The scrawny, undersized, pitiful child spawned question marks in his head. If they weren't with Him, then how..? He was the outlier, the divination, the point of confusion. "Salem didn't send you?" He growls a second time, making it more directed and clear for the scrap of a poison type. Johvani's gaze begged him to reconsider as he took a step closer to the pair, but he ignored them and demanded an answer.

"He did not." Was all the child could manage, the words eerie and cold compared to the way he had been speaking before. Johvani watched helplessly with a worried gaze, tipping awkwardly between the Pokemon as they spoke. It didn't seem out of left field to her, she had technically been trainer owned and returned here, but the time frame was much different than her situation. Fixing her concerned glance on Eleroo the pain brewing in his eyes was heartbreaking. With itching paws she curls her pads against the floor; Salem was behind this, she could feel it in her bones, but there was reason to hope. If he was a trainer's Pokemon then he was not a product of that sinless bastard. Perhaps things were not as bad as they thought and there was still time. "But you know him. Did he do this to you?" She asks, genuine but pressing with her own worried curiosity.

"Hmm, can't tell if the rain is getting heavier or not. At least we don't have to worry about a bath. Just walking out there would make you clean in no time." The sylveon chimes in, either trying to change the conversation or end it. A bath, really..? Legends help him the signs were so painfully obvious, how had Reed believed them to be local? "Well, tourist," he spits, repeating the word with flabbergasted disbelief, "'round here you worry about drying clean rather than getting clean. Humidity keeps you wet, and that attracts all matter of shit to your fur." Plants, mud, leaves, wiping it off only made it worse, and rolling around would make you a gremlin. Throwing a paw over his face Reed drags it down, pulling his eye open as he groaned. Give me strength. They were unbearable before, but now he could see unclouded how helpless they truly were. Turning his back on the Pokemon he faces out the doorway once more and returns to staring at the clouds. "Guess that explains why yall don't know the basics of life here."

Gods help him, they were children. These bastards were literal children stumbling around blind through his marsh. Digging his claws into the floor Reed thumped his tail aggressively against the ground. So what does it mean. Salem had these outsiders, had a Radeon, but clearly they were not under his rule. Was he recruiting..? No, these species would never-- Another flash of lightning light up the sky, a bright yellow against the dark sky. Instantly Reed's gaze swings to the sky, and his teeth clench as he spots a dot within the brightness. "Get down and avoid the windows!" He orders, pushing what was left of the cracked door closed. "Stay quiet."
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:47 pm

Eleroo 197 || Seek 217

"You could say that. More like a dictator, or cult leader... or a rat bastard." Seek pursed her lips, forcing herself to keep quiet and process what this Pokemon was saying. Salem? So he knew that horrible Pokemon? But.. he doesn't sound thrilled. They probably aren't allies. Letting out a tense breath Seek felt herself relax, though only slightly. It didn't seem likely that they were being lead back to that monster, so these two were still trustworthy, but that didn't bring them out of the woods. Such a stark response was foreboding on its own, making her uneasy and worried about how their little.. mishap would effect things.

"Salem didn't send you?" The Radeon asked again, more sternly, coldly, and directed straight at Eleroo. The small Pokemon visibly flinched and awkwardly shuffled backwards to avoid the harsh tone of voice, the touch of Johvani's tail suddenly smothering and unwelcome. "No, not.. not exactly." Words muffled by his paws and mane, Eleroo can not make eye contact with his fellow poison types. "But you know him. Did he do this to you?" Though kind the female presses him, and uncomfortable heat builds under his fur. "....He said.. a lot of horrible things... and didn't like how I responded."

...He didn't like anything he had to say, or even care to listen.

"Hmm, can't tell if the rain is getting heavier or not. At least we don't have to worry about a bath. Just walking out there would make you clean in no time." With a welcome break in the tension as Felix spoke Eleroo backed away completely and hopped over to Seek's other side. Concern shown brightly in her eyes, something he was not used to seeing from her, but neither Pokemon continued the conversation as Seek simply rested her chin atop his head. "Guess that explains why y'all don't know the basics of life here." Reed rasped, letting the anger go with an exasperated groan. Without moving her head Seek let her gaze roll toward him, unconvinced that this 'revelation' would be forgotten so easily.

"Treehouses aren't the best teachers for walking through slop." She remarks, ready to once again point out the obvious, but as another flash of lightning and quick thunder overtakes the sky Reed interrupts her with a swift bark, "Get down and avoid the windows!" The urgency of the call and swift pull of the door forbid argument, and pushing one arm over Eleroo's shoulders Seek drew them both down to the floor. Hissing through clenched teeth Seeks presses, "What is it?!" Even from her awkward angle the outside world looked the same as before, without any reason for an outburst. "Stay quiet." He continued, watching the outside from the smallest corner of a window. Was it an undead, or worse? This place attracts Pokemon. Recalling Felix's previous concern Seek can not ignore the memory of seeing a face back at Pastoria. It still sent a chill down her spine but the undead were undoubtedly worse, and so are we. Tired, back in the marsh, cornered in an even smaller building.. "If somethings there just spit it out!" She hisses on a painfully hushed breath. Legends help her, she did not want to play another round of cat and mouse.
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:22 pm

((OoC: I have to skip this round due to time constraints and Notepad eating my post >:u Shenron is doing as they asked and following along))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:28 pm

OoC)) Skip, Felix is quiet and listening to any movement.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:22 pm

Lu'req 16 || Johvani 16

Johvani's massive frame pressed low to the floor like a dog at the heel. With concerned eyes she watched Reed peak out from the smallest corner and continue to watch the outside like a hunting Staraptor. His eyes were locked on something, focused and scrutinizing for the slightest motion. While the word was not spoken, breaths held, she knew too well what he must have saw. "What is it?!" The child rightfully asks, stress lacing her mew at the sudden shift in gear. Rolling her head the other direction Johvani attempts to give a soothing smile, to tell these 'mons not to worry, but the gesture is wholly unnoticed by the tense crowd. Even the other Pokemon were doing as told and remaining quiet, their faith in Reed or at least the gravity of his command being quite impressive.

Tapping the floor lightly with one paw to draw the child's attention Johvani pursed her lips and pressed her pads up against them. Quiet, she motioned silently, just stay calm. While not one to make mistakes the chance for a false call was always possible, and a hope at this point. Yet with each moment that passed and Reed's stiff frame not giving an inch from his watch position Johvani would feel that hope dwindling. "If somethings there just spit it out!" Seek barks again, though some weight must have nestled within her as her voice was much softer.

Gritting his teeth Reed pulled back his gums but stifled the growl that grew in his throat. Damn. He had expected this, planned for it even, but his plans meant nothing if these Pokemon were not with his enemy. Obscuring his head and face from view as much as physically possible the Radeon peered into the clouds and strained to follow the moving dot. Watching, unblinking, he waited for the next bolt of lightning to set the clouds aglow and could not hold in the growl as he saw the fluttering silhouette. "Bastard." He spat under his breath, gaze never leaving the jagged flight of the Golbat. Truly he has no morals left. To fly in this weather was reckless, but to hide in the cloudbank was a death sentence.

Beating his tail against the ground and huffing with frustration the Radeon continues to growl. "Yall must have made an impression, cause they're lookin' for you." How many? Who knew; if they were hiding in the clouds it could be dozens, but based on the pitiful flight of the one he saw not many would make it this far.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:26 pm

Eleroo 196 || Seek 216

Neither poison Pokemon responded to her, the tension in the air growing thicker by the moment at the sudden silence. Just the lack of a snap back from Reed was enough to make Seek's pelt crawl with unease. The pressure of the room, the urgency to remain unnoticed, it was enough to make the young Pokemon want to scream, but digging her claws into the floor she manages to hold herself together. "Bastard." The scruffy Pokemon finally muttered on a rasping breath, and while it was not a response to her question hearing any other 'mons voice was welcome in that moment.

Yet, he did not answer, thus would she take matters into her own paws. Worming her way forward practically in a crawl the Aiveon inches toward the door and its watch. She can see nothing from this angle, and as she pushes her paws into the floor to stand a sharp pain bolts through her body from her wings. With an even sharper yelp Seek launches herself up and whips her head back to see Eleroo biting into her feathered tail. Gritting her teeth she wanted to scream, to yell, to ask what in the world he was doing! but the youth's eyes pleaded at her to stop, to stay still, to listen. With a ragged sigh and falling expression, Seek pulls her wing away and licks the unwounded spot.

"Yall must have made an impression, cause they're lookin' for you." Reed grumbled, posture changing from serious to frustrated. A cold sweat drips through Seeks pelt, hot and awkward and she looks away from the older Pokemon. "Yeah.. you could say that." The nightmare of noise from the uproar as they teleported out was enough to haunt her. The screams, the hateful feeling from those watching them. "What did they send?" She asks, no longer adhering to the whisper as Reed had not stuck to his own command.

Against his better judgement and feeling a hypocritical blush across his muzzle Eleroo crept forward, making to the window beside Reed. Standing tall on his hindpaws he peaked out the small space the older Radeon had been watching from, and after much searching spotted the small shape in the sky that was quickly growing larger. "Is that.. a Golbat?" Already he can feel his heart racing, drumming within his chest. Golbats, abundant and seemingly endless scouts... The sound of their cacophonous clicking filled his memory of that awful gym. If they were out here, then--- "Golbats?" Seek echoed, her voice unconvinced of any danger and distressingly dismissive to the small Radeon. "We took out a ton of those things earlier. Ain't no way their fit to fly through this nonsense!"

Though he stares at Seek with wide eyes, equally shocked and amazed, Eleroo can not stop his paws from trembling. You guys did that..? What all happened while he was.. away? Shaking that fear away he looks bad through the window. Within moments the heavy storm let loose more lightning, and the silouette was even closer than before. "Aaah- Theres more than one!" The child squeaks on a panicked mewl. "What do we do?!"
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:36 pm

Great Marsh|Noon (183)
    Shenron felt a growl rumble in his chest at the mention of bats. In such Arceusforsaken weather? The Pokemons' natural instinct to hide away from crappy weather must be screaming right now. He cupped his hands over his flame to keep the light down. "I suggest remaining hidden. Bat Pokemon have terrible eyesight and need noise or movement to confirm our location from a safe distance" Not to mention Golbat frequently had to cope with the sensory overload of suddenly having eyes. But even then they needed to be as close as possible to be sure. Which would play to their advantage in the long run. Shenron pointed at the floor.
    "If it comes looking, we can easily incapacitate it"
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:17 pm

Lu'req 17 || Johvani 17

"Yeah.. you could say that." Reed needed no convincing; just having the feeble Radeon among them would be enough to drive Salem insane. Any unsavory actions they did after that would just be icing on a cake of transgressions. "What did they send?" Scooting to the side the poison Pokemon could already see Eleroo inching his way toward him. "See for yourself," he invites the child, but keeps a firm paw and eye in place to ensure he did not give them away. "Is that.. a Golbat?" With a nod he sneers, "Little flying surveillance lenses and instant alarms." Pokemon sensitive to sound, that could fly and had no trouble in the dark, cloudy land.. though the winds were another matter. "Abundant, replaceable, and meek. Perfect little creatures to order around." He continues sarcastically, a digusted grunt finishing his remark. Reed would not go so far as to say they were equally mistreated, but the a coalition of Golbats were also misrepresented among the Salems group. The bats could live anywhere dark, did flock mentality keep them in place?

"We took out a ton of those things earlier. Ain't no way their fit to fly through this nonsense!" Raising a brow both Radeon tilt their heads in Seek's direction. Took them out? If they tripped the alarm, if they went somewhere-- "Aaah- Theres more than one!" The young one squealed while creeping away from the window. "What do we do?!" "Stay calm." Johvani instructs, their voice firm but even as Reed returns to the window. "They are searching but have not given an alarm." That obnoxious, endless cacophony of shrieks was enough to end a chill down Johvani's spine. It was something they heard often back then, and narrowly avoided all that time ago.

"I suggest remaining hidden. Bat Pokemon have terrible eyesight and need noise or movement to confirm our location from a safe distance." Narrowing his eyes to watch the clouds Reed confirms that more bats were appearing, their labored flights just as obvious and their direction more concrete. "Whether they know you are here or not these are horrible conditions to fly in." To have come this far, so soon(?) after an attack spoke volumes for how desperate and ragged they must be. "If it comes looking, we can easily incapacitate it." With a shake of his head the small Radeon steps away from the window himself. "They are coming this way." He confirms, sweeping his faceted gaze across the dim room. "If not for you, then for a break in a weather. These buildings are attracters after all."

Gritting his teeth Reed gives one last peek outside and rasps at the distance the bats were covering. "Hide, now. In the back." He orders, head gesturing to the wall that exasperated the main area from the two smaller rooms. "When they arrive be swift, do not let them make a sound."
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:07 pm

Eleroo 197 || Seek 217

Squishing himself against the floor Eleroo could not stop his paws from shaking. Theyre coming.. they really were chasing us... What could they do..? There was no chance they could run from those that could fly, that blended in so well with the dark sky. With a rough swallow he wonders, who were they after? Was it truly all of them for the scene they caused, or was it just.. "Hide, now. In the back." Reed orders, his tense rasping voice risen and urgent. Though his massive red eyes followed the Radeon toward their new hiding spot Eleroo could not get his trembling paws to move. What did it matter, would good would it do them to lock themselves into a smaller space...?

A sudden shove against his rump forces the Radeon onto his paws and they scrambled for purchase in a fake burn out. Behind him Seek stared with pleading eyes, their reflective blue surfaces pleading him to move as she gave another encouraging shove. Though still feeling unbalanced Eleroo did his best to move forward, and followed Johvani into a room further in. The smaller space looked like a makeshift medical station with a resting bed, but the rest of the minimal cabinets and surfaces had long sense been purged of anything useful. As he crept inside the poison Pokemon felt himself choking, their temporary shelter quickly became suffocating rather than comforting. "When they arrive be swift, do not let them make a sound." Reed instructed, but between his short breaths and shaking paws Eleroo knew he would only be a liability.

Despite her stature Seek stood tall, her winged ears raised and listening intently for anything ominous. The building did a good job filtering out any sound beyond the walls, but it also blended them all together. The wind and rain was a drone of white noise and gave no specifics away without the door to let it in. It was already impossible to hear wings or clicks, but now they had no visual aid either. "So we.. just wait for our doom?" She laughs uncomfortably, the jest hardly covering her own fraying nerves. Why did this feel.. familiar.. To be trapped like rats from their own stupidity. Peaking over to the edge of the doorway Seek watches but can see nothing.

"Do you even have a plan?" She asks with the same callous tone Reed often spoke him. They had one shot at this, one chance-- did Reed have a plan? Tilting her gaze toward him Seek could hardly believe now calm and stoic both Radeons looked, like they had.. been through this before? "What happens if we dont get them all?"
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:50 pm

Great Marsh|Noon (184)
    Shenron followed them into the room and shook the last of the rest nerves off. No time for relaxing again, he needed to get up and be ready. Yes they needed to get them all as quickly as possible. Not even leaving room for retaliation. Those small fangs were dangerous and full of venom. One bite would severely incapacitate any of them. Maybe not the Radeons but no one liked being bit either way. His tail flame was still low for everyone's safety but ready to roar at a moment's notice. While every dragon instinct in him said to burn this place down with the accursed bats inside, he couldn't. His tiny companions were not fireproof either. They could and likely would get hurt. A dilemma... Shenron huffed with a wisp of smoke seeping from his teeth.
    "Think of a plan... Otherwise I will be forced to make this building very very hot and uncomfortable..."
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:38 pm

The Great Marsh|Noon [Raining]

"They are coming this way." Damn it, they're like rattatas in a cage and if the golbats hear them, its basically game over for them. "When they arrive be swift, do not let them make a sound." That would be difficult if there is more than a couple. Felix knew if they messed up even once, they'd sound the alarm and their foes would alert any of Salem's ground patrols that might be nearby of their location. This wasn't good for them. "What happens if we dont get them all?" Thinking of that, they'd have to make a hasty escape and do things that might put them in danger. "Think of a plan... Otherwise I will be forced to make this building very very hot and uncomfortable..." He wouldn't! He'd kill them along with the golbats. Felix had to say something to Shenron to avoid accidental friendly fire.

The Sylveon got up and moved quietly to the charizard and expressed his concerns. "I don't think it would be wise with us inside. If something goes wrong, it would trap us inside and put us in grave danger. Unless we find out where they'll gather at, trap them instead and make their area extremely hot." Giving a solution to it might be something that's needed. If they're trapped into the walls, they won't be able to alert any other foes. It might even make any ground scouts retreat in fear that their allies had ran into the undead. "I'd suspect those golbats won't be alone out there." Felix said.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:15 pm

Lu'req 18 || Johvani 18

"So we.. just wait for our doom?" The child whined as if they were fish in a barrel with no chance or hope against the danger they were in. Did she not have wings, claws, fangs, and a horrible attitude to boot? "We are not 'doomed'." He corrects sternly with a hiss through clenched teeth. Even if he was being dragged to the pits of hell he would go fighting, kicking tooth and nail for life like the damned soul he was. How could these brats of survived this long if they crumbled instantly in the face of danger? "Do you even have a plan?" She mocks him, and the small Radeon gives an exasperated sigh while dismissing her entirely. "That is the plan. The important part anyway."

"What happens if we dont get them all?" She continues to fret, and Reed's hot breath whistled out from between his teeth. If the child continued this worrisome whining they would not be able to hear, she was not on guard! "Then it means trouble not death." He groans, flashing his teeth as he turned his head to face her. Perhaps they shouldnt be worried about the bats but the other flighty flying type in the room...

"Think of a plan... Otherwise I will be forced to make this building very very hot and uncomfortable..." Standing and sweeping xer tail across the floor Johvani shakes xer head and smiles to dismiss any rash thoughts. "Theres no need for such intense heat. A small amount of fire is all it will take." After struggling through the wind and rain, even for Pokemon accustomed to flying within it, the bats would be more than exhausted. Pushovers at best, pitiful screeches to stun or knock them out, but nothing a small but swift attack couldn't silence.

Pushing his frame closer to the floor Reed tried his damnedest to drown out the chatter. The scouts had been close, and it would not be long before they came to investigate. If they were chittering soon the sound--- "I'd suspect those Golbats won't be alone out there." Giving an audible snort the Radeon digs his claws into the floor. What makes you an expert on them? He scoffs internally, though a sick side of him wondered if it was really true. Despite what they had said these Pokemon were still strangers to them, even if their actions seemed genuine.. "Worry about what we know first." He grunts, body stiffening as high clicking finally reached his ears. With a sharp shh he silenced any further chatter, and paused even his breath as he watched the door like a hawk.

Reed counted the seconds, body low in a hunters crouch and the dim light not giving away even the gleam of his eyes. With a whip of wind to push the door open the first bat entered the building unceremoniously, its flight janky and labored as it looked around with its poor eye sight. The storm too much for your clicks? Or is your hearing fucked from all the wind? While it gave a few clicks it was not nearly enough to feel threatened. Behind him, he could feel Johvani pushing xemself deeper into the floor to mask xer shape as much as possible. Was xe afraid, even after eluding them multiple times before?

Reed dismissed the thought, keeping his locked on his target as it approached. More clicks could be heard outside, but the one in the building was coming into range. Bunching his muscles the Radeon's red eyes went wide, and creature finally close enough as it rounded the wall to their meager hiding place. With a sharp inhale he leaps, fangs meeting leathery wings and rough pads slamming its face and wing down as they crashed to the ground. Pushing its massive mouth into the floor Reed bites into its wing and tears before pressing his weight against the side of its head. The sick crunch of delicate bones is unnecessary and overrides the pained, muffled sound it made before going still beneath him. It was not dead, and dragging it back out of view the Radeon positioned himself for the next entry.
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:52 pm

Great Marsh|Noon (185)
    Shenron nodded creeping after the Radeon. He watched the quick tactical takedown. Ah like so? The dragon sharpened his claws along the stone. The next bat was his. A swipe. A snap and drag. His mind swam efficiently. A Golbat needed it's gaping maw damaged. If it screeched they would be disoriented and vulnerable. A small flame in the mouth ought to do it. And then when the Golbat was flailing about...
    His claws would do the rest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 pm