Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+11
Krajin
Moon Moon
Zapdos
Alakazam
Fern
Requiem
Kaze
Crepuscular
Mew
Nightfall
renegade
15 posters

(Ace) The FROST Team

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

(Ace) The FROST Team Empty Re: (Ace) The FROST Team

Post by Nightfall Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:13 pm

I wouldn't mind hopping in here. 

I could join with Gregory and Eris, mainly because I've needed somewhere to put them lol. 
    https://www.epidemicjohto.com/t4102-gregory-and-eris-the-charizard-siblings-inactive#62034

Or perhaps Noah and Ellie? I've been wanting to get going with these two for a while. 
    https://www.epidemicjohto.com/t5444-noah-the-swampert-and-ellie-the-taillow-wip#83857

Just throwing stuff at you lol. We can discuss plot later.
    Mew
    Mew
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Mew Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:37 pm

Team Approved. You may begin submitting characters.

Maintainence/Coding Admin
    (Ace) The FROST Team Hz72hB2
    Crepuscular
    Crepuscular
    Inactive

Post by Crepuscular Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:27 am

Welp, first come first serve. :b
    I would like to attempt a join at this team. I can join with Mark the Meowstic. He's still WIP, and needs some polishing, but he should be done soon.

https://www.epidemicjohto.com/t5759-mark-the-plotting-meowstic-wip

I gotta get to other things, so we can drop PMs to discuss plot later if you wish.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:01 pm

i'll be hopping on with my human-pokemon duo,
    https://www.epidemicjohto.com/t5680-bak-yuri-the-human-borasaek-dalgyal-the-gengar-frost-ace#86202

lacking a translator and selectively mute, it is extremely likely that yuri will not utter a single word in this whole roleplay with the exception of her first few posts when she is alone with Dal. (unless if someone manages to get close with her) despite this she's still kindly and generous along with having knowledge on herbal medicines and treatments due to her profession. she will be heavily dependent on her gengar, dal, to communicate with the others. with any stranger she'll be excessively wary but she warms up fairly quickly. she also has two other pokemon, a froslass and a jellicent, that she will send out if she believes they are needed. (she's reluctant to use her other pokemon because of the infection)

although initially distant and hiding behind dal, yuri will still help out with anything that needs to be helped and will be overjoyed at the idea of more company. she'll get along well with anyone who is willing to just keep her company, even if she can't understand anything. she's a good listener and will sit and listen as a pokemon rambles on about whatever they want, although she won't be able to reply.

dal is a whole different story. although seemingly gentlemanly he's overprotective of yuri and will easily (and quite gleefully) slice the hands/paws/what-have-you off of whoever dares to harm his trainer. his deep bond with yuri allows him to know what she wants to say or how she feels and he will mostly be translating yuri's small movements and glances to tell others what she wants to say. he gets along fine with other pokemon regardless of who they are, he's very adaptable. he just always has ulterior motives and his own goals.

despite seeming close to others his relationships (with the exception of yuri) are ones that feel very close but are in reality very quick to sever. he has no qualms against killing others to ensure the survival of his trainer and himself. he's very strong and has a good moveset, one that he will freely use to kill off bothing living and undead. he's a pretty okay guy though, just don't get on his bad side.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:27 am

So I'll be joining with Noah the Swampert and Ellie the Taillow. 

These two have a very father-daughter relationship, since Noah took Ellie's egg and raised it after everyone else he knew, including his Trainer, died due to the epidemic. There is a bit of confusion here and there about why Ellie is a small bird and Noah is a big, blue mud fish, lol, but all in all their relationship is pretty solid.

Noah has done some things in the past that he is not proud of, back when the epidemic was a new thing he went to desperate measures to keep himself and baby Ellie alive. Realising his mistakes and the impact they'd have on Ellie in the long run, he decided that they were best off living alone. 

He is very protective of Ellie, so much so that he'd attack without hesitation if he thought someone was a danger to her. She's his last and only treasure, and his way of making up for his past mistakes. Otherwise, he is friendly enough, if a little wary. He has no reason to distrust humans, so meeting a bunch of hostile ones will be a surprise to him. He is strong, due to having a Trainer in the past, and is a tough Pokemon to take down once you get into a fight with him. 

Ellie, on the other hand, has no fear. She knows that the undead are a threat and will keep away from them, but knows that Noah will always protect her. She is very curious, always asking Noah questions about things she sees in the world and wanting to explore new places. She exhausts the poor old Swampert lol. She cannot fly, so mostly just sits atop Noah's head while he transports her from place to place. 

These two are likely to wander into the Frost Cavern to take shelter from the snow. Noah in particular has noticed that there aren't many undead around and so will be curious as to where they actually are. Being originally from Hoenn and never having visited Kalos, this is a new experience for both of them.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:40 am

I've already discussed this over PM but I'll be joining with Spot
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:03 am

We still having the human Idea Kaze? Am just curious as I still think it would be a interesting idea.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Yup. The human bandit will still be making an appearance and will initially be targeting Cory.
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:01 pm

I was thinking after reading some of the plot that was already made for the team by it's maker about the abomnasnow's old chamber maybe we have our bandit staked out and living there. With what his current team is (what ever we want it to be with move sets), also having trapped the area around him to fend off pokemon infected or not.

Was also seeing that Kaze wants to keep the bandit idea about him 'capturing' someone. Suggestion that it's maybe not Cory but Spot, being said I think it would make a little more RP. Spot being our team leader role without him the team would quickly fall into chaos and the remaining team unorganized for easy picking for the bandit. Durring this time we can have Cory (Kaze being team leader) or Jack while they plan to get Spot back.

This also being said that the Bandit's hold out will also have supplies that the team might need. Food, water, blankets and such that the team can use. Maybe even Tms/Hms.

Thinking the cave will also have it's dangers, forth most the cave entry goes bye bye so not getting out hence why food becomes harder to get outside the bandit camp. Water seems fairly easy to get due to some water being in the cave but harder to get with dangers of thin ice or falling into the frigid cold water. Rock/Ice/Snow cave ins if the team is being to loud in some locations or moves are used against the walls. The bandit traps and of course literally freezing to death all being the dangers of the team to face from the location.
    Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fern Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Hey hey! C:

So with the recent Harbinger attack (I apologize about that, by the way) I was thinking about changing Lancelot's character drastically in the aftermath, making him possibly more courageous, snappy, and unfeeling. (Basically, not giving a damn about his appearance for a while, tumbling into a small depression.) Are there any objections to this? And is there any ways you guys would like to somehow add Lancelot's change to the plot/future of the team?

Thank you. C: I'm sorry if this sounded silly, totally not good at planning anything. ^-^;
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:35 pm

I don't have any objections but Jack on the other hand wouldn't be in the mood for anything not to mention he'll want to avenge Spot's death but he won't leave anyone behind.
    Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fern Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:49 pm

That would be fun, considering how Lancelot is probably going to jump from wanting to help to being a complete jerk. XD That could cause some clashing in the group. I'm planning on this being a 'coming of age' thing for Lancelot.
    Alakazam
    Alakazam
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Alakazam Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:16 pm

Due to a...rather embarrassing mistake on my part, the harb attack will be partially rewritten within the next few days. It appears that I...failed to notice that I had two victims to claim.

Apologies.
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Vanilla wrote:Hey hey! C:

So with the recent Harbinger attack (I apologize about that, by the way) I was thinking about changing Lancelot's character drastically in the aftermath, making him possibly more courageous, snappy, and unfeeling. (Basically, not giving a damn about his appearance for a while, tumbling into a small depression.) Are there any objections to this? And is there any ways you guys would like to somehow add Lancelot's change to the plot/future of the team?

Thank you. C: I'm sorry if this sounded silly, totally not good at planning anything. ^-^;

By all means Vanilla, though he didn't know spot that long he seemed to be erhm 'flirting?' alot with spot so sadly with spots death each will have their own reaction to the events. I got an Idea how we can incorporate this in at least with my two with stick in the mud Gabe already and Jeri's own reaction. He's gonna be taking alot of grumpy lessons from Gabe. But Yes, I already have an idea.

ShadowCharizard36 wrote:I don't have any objections but Jack on the other hand wouldn't be in the mood for anything not to mention he'll want to avenge Spot's death but he won't leave anyone behind.

Very interesting, I like it. Per say of the 'mon that are left behind Jack may have to step into a temporary leader role while the group comes out of chaos. With the 'mon there Either you or Cedric's gonna have to fill in spots paws to help lead them ahead, what should be more amusing to see that he wants revenge and has everyone else following him. Seeing how Jeri already likes him and Gabe does trust him more, think you can guess who's on my mind. Do I get revenge or do I stay and help the others sort of moral choice.

In regards to my own idea's about reactions, just gonna keep it short; Jeri is gonna be heart broken that his best friend was just killed and may need some support to help him bounce back as it want be to hard before he tries to bring the rest of the group back out of depression. Gabe is going to sink into himself a little more due that the only ones he like and trust (with Jeri) was spot and jack. With him already being stick in the mud he has more of a reason to directly feed interestingly fear from seeing Ala's attack as he was before harb. With fall into more self hate for being weak and generally not be nice to anyone now.

Either way I got to try and connect Cedric now and talk more directly with her about idea's now... *sad face*
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:47 pm

HEY i'm here, i may or may not have forgotten this forum existed...

honestly dal will be largely unaffected by the attack, simply because he just can't care + he's grown so used to death at this point. (he's a ghost, lbr) as soon as the attack happens his first and foremost priority will be to getting yuri to safety, who will be panicking and trying to get away.

after the attack is over, dal will still very much be putting yuri's safety first and will want to leave the others behind because he believes the larger group is what is attracting so many undead. he will try to usher himself and yuri away and further into the caves to find a safe spot.

however, yuri has a kind heart, she'll object to leaving the others and will want to bring everyone with them because she doesn't want anymore of them to get hurt and, even though she's wary about strangers, she still thinks of them as good company. she'll probably argue with dal until dal finally gives up and basically says "fine, whatever, they can come with us, but it's your responsibility now, yuri."

yuri will try to take on a brave face and responsible demeanor and help the others get somewhere into the caves where they can take a breather and rest. even though she can't communicate, and she's a little awful with trying to get her shit together, she'll try her best to help everyone and be friendly with them all. she really doesn't want to see anyone else get hurt again.

one problem that will come up eventually is the fact that yuri can' tolerate the cold, since she's a human. despite her relatively thick clothing she is still wearing short sleeves, and staying in the frost caverns for too long was bound to chill her anyways. she'll become more lethargic and have a hard time moving around, and will eventually collapse because her body can't take it. she'll have to figure out some way to stay warmer, which might be remedied by the fact that there's furry animals and a fire-type on the team.
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Ohhhhhh I love it all and can see this very much happening. In regard to the cold aye will becoming trouble for Ms. Yuri but per said do have some fluffy 'mon as well as fire type. As this would 'force' her to open up more to the strangers and dal to let others help as well. But also got thinking more long term for more reason for our bandit raids. Bandit would have been living in the depths for awhile so am sure blankets and warmer clothing for her can be accessed.
    Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fern Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:24 pm

Love the ideas flowing guys! ^-^

The only reason I'm going to have Lancelot be so affected by it is that he was unable to protect one of his friends in the past.

And the bandits; wasn't Spot supposed to get kidnapped originally? The new 'leader' may have to take that spot, pardon the pun.

I like the idea of Jack taking a sort of leader role while everyone gets their shit together. This is more of a plot twist than I originally thought. Glad I'm on a team with such intelligent people. <3
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Vanilla wrote:
    And the bandits; wasn't Spot supposed to get kidnapped originally? The new 'leader' may have to take that spot, pardon the pun.

Aye hence why I said need to talk with the group when that point coming up for volunteers. Just the point that comes up is while the 'mon is kidnapped/captured one of many things then come up; main one is whos playing Bandit as team leader it should but again if anyone want to try their hand at it ask/talk Cedric. Can the captured 'mon still post of will their turns be skipped, the main reason why it was spot is because it was dual with Cory and who wouldn't want a three headed houndoom powerful 'mon. What would help is if we another another perm human on the team that would fit this role perfectly or wouldn't mind playing it. Would say floater but our bandit human is going to be a plot device long term.

Vanilla wrote: I like the idea of Jack taking a sort of leader role while everyone gets their shit together. This is more of a plot twist than I originally thought. Glad I'm on a team with such intelligent people.

It's just my option being one of the original's on the team, and with current party set up it came down to Jack or Dal and Dal is already worried only about Yuri. I don't see my boys leading for the smae reason that Jeri is a kiddy and Gabe is watching only after himself and Gabe. Lanc and Sheron are to new to the team to really have trust going for them. But that's not stopping them for working for leader role
    Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fern Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:40 pm

What if the Bandit was an NPC? Kind of like some people do with the Undead in their posts? It may make the bandit more malleable to conform to the teams needs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:02 pm