Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+8
Zoroark
Kaze
SkeletonCupcake
Suicune
Avalanche
Min
Abysswalker
Storm
12 posters

The SAFARI Team

Anonymous

The SAFARI Team - Page 8 Empty Re: The SAFARI Team

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Safari Zone/Late Morning (33)

"The fact that we are having a conversation should be enough to show that we are not insane, nor infected... And anyways, it's safer in numbers. Yes, it's true that infected may be drawn to bigger groups, but a big group has a better chance of protect itself. If you are alone and you become trapped by some infected, they will most likely kill you, but with me, and any other Pokemon we can find we could survive this... So ma'am, what do you say? I'm quite good at fighting, we could be a good team."

Kitana could only smile sarcastically at what the Flareon had said...She closed her eyes for a momment, as if thinking than opened them looking straight at the Flareon. Giving off a feel of security to later attack and butcher you could be a clever way to hide one's true psychic problems. It is highly common for this sort of Apocalyptic times for people to go beyond of insane. And about strength in numbers...well... Kitana smirked as she used Double Team, endless copies of herself circled the Flareon, and not only that the copies turned each into different pokemon. So real they were.

My species is known for ilusions...So tell me again, why shall I trust you?
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:30 am

((Skip me, I pretty much need to know how Tryvex responds to Kides attack.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Safari Zone| Late Morning (19)

The heat of the battle was almost enough to match the burning inside of him at the moment, he was starting to enjoy himself, to let his primal instincts take over as the hunt got closer and closer to the end. Soon NightMare would put an end to the Illusionist, to catch it off guard with its slightly sloppier moves, and most importantly, get revenge for the greatest sin anyone could commit against him of injuring his spine.

The voice was nagging at him again, it wanted for him to end this already, to finish the thing off so the real fun of burning its body to ashes could begin. He had half a mind to drag out the battle just to annoy said voice, but there was a mass of dark energy beginning to take the shape of a ball in the corner of his vision that put a halt to his dragging out idea. There was a chance that this attack was an illusion, but he the way it was quickly growing in mass, it was not something he could chance, so he went after that pokemon.

Using a fire blast to attack the thing before it could complete the shadow ball, NightMare quickly ran after it in the shadow of the fire blast. If the thing happened to dodge, it would feel the cold hard matter of his horn pierce its ribs.

((He’s going after the illusion, and since I’m not sure if you actually did the scratch attack or just planned it, I left it open. So feel free to go through with your attack, full permission to harm him~))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:49 am

Safari Zone | Late morning

Summer stared at the zoroark in disbelief. Was she an idiot? Was she just that dense? Or was she just very confident?
    "Haven't you heard anything I said?!!" Summer snapped "Your illusions may just attract notice but they will not help you survive! I know illusions do not harm enemies!"

Summer looked up at the zoroark and sighed. She had really thought she had found an ally.
    "I guess I'll leave then, since you don't trust me."
    Tears started to fill Summer's eyes, I'm gonna die here, alone. I guess that's better then with a Pokemon that's ready to kill me, who knows I may find another. Summer turned around so the zoroark would not see her as weak, and started to walk away, trying to find safety.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:12 am

((PeaceArt79, do you want to have our characters meet at some point in the next turn or two? It seems like Ferald might be joining Kitana's group, so it's probably a good idea to avoid being alone in the middle of nowhere...))
    Avalanche
    Avalanche
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Avalanche Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:56 am

((Feralds still watching whats going on between Kide and Nightmare, just skip me))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Safari Zone | Late Morning
    When Malady drifted back into consciousness, the sun was reaching its zenith and the temperature had risen, but the stream where the Umbreon lay remained in dappled shade. Even once awake, she remained motionless for a brief while, still lying half-in, half-out of the water. The injuries accumulated over her journey across Johto still hurt, but the contrast with passing out half-dead from heatstroke was blissful. At the very least, she was well enough to travel.
    She opened her eyes, stretched, and crept out of the riverbank's stand of trees. The road was visible in the distance, and she briefly thought of returning to it. But it was the middle of the day, and there was no telling how far she would have to go before finding water again. She would have to wait until dark before going anywhere.
    Still thirsty, Malady returned to the stream and gulped down as much water as her stomach would hold, then flopped onto her side and writhed around on the rocky streambed with gritted teeth. Gravel dug into her wounds, but the rough stones dislodged the accumulated dirt and dried blood that clung to her skin and fur. Then, satisfied that the water had gotten the worst of the grime, she retreated to the water's edge and began to lick every inch of her body. She hadn't groomed herself properly in weeks, not since the Grimer. It felt so good to be clean again... but everything hurt so much. In truth, she was being far too zealous: licking and chewing at the burns from the previous night's attack until the blisters ruptured and scratching the much older hot spots until the sores oozed blood and pus.
    But there was nothing Malady felt like she could do about the pain, any more than she could make the sun set faster. Pain and illness were natural forces to her, like storms; she could avoid them, but once she was caught in the wrong place all she could do was curl up into a ball and wait for them to pass. She was still hungry though... maybe she should find food now and have more time to travel that night. But she had no idea where to start. She had spent her life in the company of humans, and after the epidemic she had kept to the cities. There were occasional homes and stores with dried or canned food, domestic varieties of berry bushes in gardens, and tiny non-pokemon creatures like mice living in walls, attics and cellars. But here in the Safari Zone she was completely out of her element. The wild berry bushes were harder to recognize and the animals were either up trees, underground, or too elusive to catch. But this river... it could be the only source of water for miles. Surely at some point other creatures would come to drink; at the very least prey, but maybe even another survivor who could help her!
    She couldn't just lie around and wait, though. She had to move... do something... anything. If she couldn't follow the road, she would follow the river. Downstream was toward the ocean, where she had come from... she had to go upstream, towards somewhere new. Taking a brief look around, making sure she remembered where the road was, Malady began to limp upstream along the riverbank, hoping she would find an ally, or at least sustenance.

((Moved to this post because it's in turn: PeaceArt79, do you want to have our characters meet at some point in the next turn or two? It seems like Ferald might be joining Kitana's group, so it's probably a good idea to avoid being alone in the middle of nowhere...))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Safari Zone/Late Morning (34)

Kitana could only slap her own forehead and let her claws slide down her face as she heard the words of the Flareon...she growled in annoyance. Either you are an idiot, didn't understand what I said or didn't hear me. I said my species is known for ilusions, verbal or visual. Besides...they can and always had helped me survive. They are a distraction to the infected, an infected sees one thing than another, and becomes over confused of what it could be, but soon meets it's fate at a true attack. Deception is more than just magic tricks...Words can be an ilusion too.

Kitana crossed her arms as she looked at the Flareon directly in the eyes, not showing any emotion. Just waiting for the Flareon to understand her words, after a good solid minute, Kitana spoke again. I might let you stay within my shelter. I have enough berries to last for a few months. You can attempt to come, but at the very slight attempt of deception I'll use your skin as a carpet. Understand?
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Safari Zone, Late Morning

The Rapidash used a fire blast, and it aimed it at one of Kide's illusions. This game Kide the change he needed. He lunged at the Rapidash on its right side, claws outstretched as he racked them along the fire types neck, leaving a good gash on it, to add to the ones on its back before jumping into the trees.

The Zorua watched as the beast ran through his illusion. A laugh escaping him as he saw how stupid it was, before he covered his mouth. He sounded noting like Kitana, and his laugh most definitely didn't sound anything like her's did, but he couldn't help but giggle, he was so into the battle he didn't even notice the faint white light that flickered on his body every few moments.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Safari Zone| Late Morning (20)

As soon as the fireblast came close to its target, the voice started yelling at him again, the noise so loud that it was giving NightMare a splitting migraine that threatened to bring him to his knees. His fire attack brushed right through the illusionist and dispelled the fake being, his attack was wasted on an illusion, and that was why the voice was screaming. He was already charging in the wake of the fire blast, he would need to make a u-turn just to find the real illusionist, but he was attacked while he was still focused on the illusion. Scratches hit his neck mimicking the ones he had gotten earlier on his back, but they didn’t seem as deep as the other ones, perhaps because then the illusionist was firmly on his back as she slashed at the meat.

The real one didn’t stay long, attacking and running away to escape harm, that and the boyish chuckle coming from somewhere in the trees showed him what was happening. It was not he illusionist he wanted, the real one would not run and dash after her illusions were dispelled, if anything she seemed too prideful to run. She was also a she, that much was certain, and that giggling was notably male, if not a tad bit young, he was being played with by that insignificant illusionist while he could have possibly found the real one by now. “Fake….”

He wanted to just ignore the small thing who was not worth his time, but the voice and his anger were in sync at the moment, and both told him to burn the thing to a crisp. So he did. NightMare fired a fireblast at the trees, it would not be able to hide if the trees were not there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Safari Zone| Late Morning

I might let you stay within my shelter. I have enough berries to last for a few months. You can attempt to come, but at the very slight attempt of deception I'll use your skin as a carpet. Understand?
    Summer spun and looked at the zoroark for a second before she fell. The momentum of her sharp turn had made her pack slide onto her side, making her lose balance and fall onto the dirt. Summer stood up and shook herself to center her bag as she said.
    "you mean it ma'am? I vow I will do my best not to cause any trouble. But the future can never be certain."
    Summer smiled.
    "And since you are being so generous, perhaps I could share some of my berries with you."
    Avalanche
    Avalanche
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Avalanche Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:40 am

Safari Zone|Late morning(6)
    All of a sudden, Ferald felt heat and heard burning. He looked up and saw the tree he was on was on fire. Startled, he stumbled backwards and fell off the tree,falling on his head. Ferald sat up, rubbing his bruised head for a moment.

((oi...again, short and late.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:35 am

Malady sniffed the air uneasily. She couldn't quite pin down the identity of the faint scent that had been bothering her for the past few minutes, but whatever it was, it was dangerous. She had covered perhaps another half mile, and the trees and shrubs around the stream had become more extensive.
    One variety of shrub seemed particularly interesting; woody clumps of tough grey-green foliage well outside the tree cover, about as high as Malady's shoulders and sparsely decorated with small, conical, sky-blue fruits. Creeping out from the protection of the trees, Malady sniffed one of the plants cautiously. They had a smell like mint mixed with window-cleaning fluid. Not exactly appetizing... Malady had no idea whether the strange berries were edible, but she was hungry enough that finding out would be worth the risk. Selecting a berry, she bit off half of the fruit - then abruptly recoiled and spat it out, coughing. Bitter... so they were poisonous.
    Suddenly, Malady realized what the smell was, and tensed, fur standing on end. Smoke. There was a fire nearby. Finding a patch of bare dirt, she kicked a small plume of dust into the air. To her relief, it blew towards the river. With a clear path to safety, she could take the time to speculate about the cause of the fire. It could have just been a lightning strike, but there had been no storms for days, and an older blaze would leave a smoke signal in the sky. Perhaps... if a fire pokemon had started the fire, that would mean help! Against her better judgement, she began to walk upwind, towards the fire.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Safari Zone/Late Morning (35)

Kitana didn't answered and started to move towads the cave she was keeping herself hidden from view. There was a large boulder in front, Kitana closed her eyes and the boulder disappear revealing it to be just an Ilusion from this Zoroark. Inside there was a pile of berries at a corner, and a cleaned space with a confortable blanket in it.

In case you are wondering where I got the blanket, I found it in the entrance of the Safari Zone, on one of those posts the humans used to monitor this place.
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Safari Zone, Noon

It seemed as if Kide was found out, cause the creature wasn't looking at him the same away anymore. Letting out another laugh he released his illusion, revealing his true form to the Rapidash, there was no point in hiding his identity now that it was no more. He jumped from tree to tree so that it wouldn't have a clear shot at him when it suddenly used a fire blast, setting the trees around him on fire and forcing him to the ground.

Kide watched as the flames flickered as he let out a growl, turning to the Rapidash he let lose a Shadow Ball. "You want a piece of me, come and get me then you oversized mule." He shouted at it as he let out a laugh before turning and running, taking a glance behind him to make sure the Rapidash was following as he made way for the ocean part of the safari.

((Sorry for the lateness of this post, I did not realize it was my turn already.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Safari Zone| Late Morning (21)

Burning the trees so that the phony illusionist would have nowhere to run, a good idea in theory, but seeing the fire dance around made the voice act up again. It was now filling his entire skull, threatening to make NightMare want to bash his head against a mountain side repeatedly just so that the yelling would stop. There was no ignoring the voice this time, it wanted blood and fire, and it had already gotten the fire.

The phony illusionist fired a pulsing black ball which NightMare easily dodged, then it yelled something, but the voice was so loud he couldn’t even hear the puny thing. It ran, whether in fear or what he did not know, and if it wasn’t for the voice who wanted blood he would have ignored it and went back to searching, but the demand was high, it didn’t matter where it came from at this point, blood needed to be spilt.

So instead of chasing the phony illusionist, NightMare sent his eyes on the yellow thing that stumbled out of the burning tree. The same pitiful thing that managed to rip skin off his neck with an electric attack. He would of loved to hear its screams of mercy, to revel in the anguish it would cry out, but he couldn’t hear at the moment…. NightMare raised one of his hooves, intent on Stomping the puny yellow rat into a bloody pulp.

((Sorry, but the Pikachu needs a little attention >:D))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Safari |late Morning

Summer looked at the blanket and shivered. I wonder what happened to the owner of that. She followed the tall zoroark into the cave.
    "It may just be my bad memory, but did I get your name?"

Last edited by PeaceArt79 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture)
    Avalanche
    Avalanche
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Avalanche Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:52 am

(Not much time, let's say Ferald dodges the hoof, runs around him and uses double-team)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:51 am

[quote="Omnigeek6"]
    Safari Zone | Late Morning

Malady jumped back, startled. A muffled crash from somewhere ahead of her... more smoke. There was definitely a fight!
    The Umbreon checked her back. Yes, there was still a clear path to the river. The thick shrubs and trees would provide cover, but if the fire spread they could pen her in.
    Getting any closer was reckless, perhaps even idiotic, but Malady was at this point desperate to find another survivor. To her, it was worth the risk. She paused for a second, then sprinted into the brush, ears folded back, nearly crawling along the ground. After a few tens of paces, the vegetation thinned, and Malady saw the source of the smoke: a mid-sized tree, consumed by red and yellow tongues of flame. Much more ominous though, was the rearing, snorting monster beside the blaze. Its basic form was equine, but its skin was discolored, patches of skin were missing from its flanks, and worst of all, the flesh had abandoned the front of its head, leaving behind pale-grey bones.

An infected.

Malady remained frozen in mid-stride, transfixed by the horrifying creature. She had never faced any undead this large and powerful, and was in no condition to start. She wanted to bolt for the river, but her legs wouldn't move.
    At the very least, the thing seemed not to have noticed her yet. There was a chance it had bad eyes, so if she stayed still she would be all right, Malady thought. At least until the fire spread to where she stood.
    SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

Post by SkeletonCupcake Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:03 am

Kidrana/Safari Zone/Late Morning(1)

Kidrana lay down under the bushes sobbing quietly. She had been running about for days with no food and barely any water. The Umbreon was at her limit and she was now unable to do anything at all. She was too exasperated to even attempt defending herself. This upset Kidrana because she knew she needed to move and keep searching. Not that it would matter now, seeing as how she was going to die here in this place.

"This is just awful." Kidrana wailed softly. Her situation and the infection that spread like a plague. Nothing seemed to be going the right way, leaving her stranded somewhere within the Safari Zone. Kidrana had only come here because she thought it would be safe. Little did she know how wrong she actually was.

((First post :D I am very glad to be a part of this team.))
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 am

Safari Zone, Late Morning

Kide saw that the undead was not chasing him, and he had long since lost sight of it. Slowing down he let out a curse. He wanted it to chase him, to fool it into thinking it could win against him, but in all, it seemed to have though that the Zorua was a waist of time. "Big mistake." He said, about to back the way he had come to fight it once more. He was mer inches away from evolving, and when he did, then it wouldn't ignore him, it would want to fight him, cause he wouldn't be small anymore, he would be strong, very strong.

"This is just awful." Kide stopped when he heard the sorrowful voice. It was a little hard to hear, but sure enough, he wasn't imagining it. The Rapidash forgotten, he walked to where he heard the voice. He looked around, about to give up when he saw something under some bushes. Hard to make out cause its black fur blended in with the shadows, but sure enough it was there.

It looked utterly defeated, like it had just given up on life, like it just lay down to die. Kide walked closer to it, his paws making little patting sounds on the ground as he got closer. Now that Kide got a better look at it, it was an Umbreon, a female one to. "You ok?" He asked. Though he would have just left it in its sorrow, he wasn't really in any rush, he could always find that dumb fire horse later if he really wanted to.

((I apologize for the bad quality of this post, I'm rather busy as well as tired.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:05 am

Safari Zone| Late Morning (22)

Illusions again!? Is everyone a stinking coward??? The voice was giving him a massive headache now. NightMare was now seriously considering the ‘Ram your head against a boulder till the voice shuts up’ plan. But this time it didn’t seem like the voice was going to stop any time soon.

Usually its anger was directed at something, but this time, it was just angry at everything. It was angry at the remaining greenery for not burning yet, it was angry at the fake illusionist for not withering to ashes yet, at the yellow rodent for not having enough consideration to just keel over and die, and especially furious at NightMare. STOMP? STOMP!? Who the hell uses stomp??? You should have burned that rat right on the spot, now it’s making a fool of you. Imagine that, the once feared and untamable NightMare being bested by a rodent. It was bad enough that you let that human ride you.

He hadn’t noticed, but the fires that made up his mane was now starting to grow and pulsate in tune with the blasted voice’s rant.

NightMare had enough. Completely ignoring the yellow rodent for now, he did what he was thinking about doing all this time. Throwing the side of his head against a large tree at full force repeatedly till blood flowed like a river down his neck. He would have gone straight forward against the tree but his horn would get lodged in it.

Every time he smashed his head the voice would just laugh and laugh some more, both at his pain and at his futile attempts. “Shut up! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!!!!” NightMare was going insane with all this yelling and rambling. One would think that death would bring peace and tranquility, but the world would not let him have none of that. NightMare continued to bash his head against the tree, the blood and pain no longer being registered to him, he just wanted everything to “SHUT UP ALREADY!”

((Left him preoccupied and wide open for an attack, so feel free to make any hit, just don't go over board ^.^;))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:47 pm

((I'm going to wait a little, it appears we may have skipped ECN13000 or did I just miss that post))
    Avalanche
    Avalanche
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Avalanche Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Safari Zone|Late Morning(7)

(OOC: ECN was banned, maybe you should do something to kill Kitana off?)

Ferald was ready for the rapidash to charge, for some reason he couldn't bring himself to run. He'd wanted to try to keep the other living pokemon safe... The rapidash, though, began to ram it's head on a tree. He was of course confused but he then sent an electro ball flying at the rapidash's back, he wouldn't be alone in this world.
    SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

Post by SkeletonCupcake Wed May 02, 2012 8:47 am

Safari Zone|Late Morning(2)

(OOC: I believe Kitana has been removed already, so we can assume she died of natural causes or an NPC infected attack.)

Kidrana heard a small voice speak to her. Hoping it may have been someone familiar she looked up. To her dismay it was an unfamiliar face. "Uhhh...I....I'll be....okay....I guess."Kidrana said weakly, trying not to cry anymore. At least there were still living among the dead, that gave her hope that some day she may reunite with her kits.

The saddened Umbreon stood up weakly and looked at the unfamiliar pokemon."I'm Kidrana....and you are?"She asked, trying to smile. It was hard for her, but she managed to smile feebly. Of course she wasn't truly happy, but the hope she had been given gave her the illusion of happiness. Something that she was very grateful for even if the illusion was only fleeting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:58 am