Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+7
Apos
Abysswalker
renegade
Snitch
Storm
Fox
Silverishness
11 posters

The ACUITY Team

Anonymous

The ACUITY Team - Page 9 Empty Re: The ACUITY Team

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Lake Acuity|Night
    A(31)/K(39)

The noises from outside the cave were really starting to bother brother and sister, Adara having been woken by all the arguing. She pawed at Kaiden's ear to get him to go outside but he wasn't going to risk her, or Seymour's, safety in case a fight broke out. Adara wouldn't take no for an answer however, and started chewing on his ear until he finally snapped at her. "What?!" She gave him a tired, yet still cheeky, smile. "Go outside." The massive Arcanine just returned her smile with a roll of his eyes. "No." The chewing began again.

Despite his intent not to get involved Kaiden began to grow a little concerned when a new voice started adding to the heated discussion. Eying Rufus who sat protectively by the mouth of the cave he noted the rather aggressive way he was guarding them. Something was up. Finally giving in, earning a happy yip from the still somewhat injured Eevee on his back, he rose to his feet and walked towards the exit. Easily towering over Rufus he peered outside to witness Famaer up against what looked like everyone, no one wearing a happy expression. But the black Charizard, that was new.

"Rufus," his gruff voice began, keeping his eyes to the group outside but limiting his volume to only the Feraligatr. "What's going on?" Adara didn't really know either but that didn't stop her from crawling her way to the top of Kaiden's head. She took in the dark Charizard and smiled at the white light coming from his tail. It was so pretty! Fam looked really pissed off to see him though. "...I have not seen your human. You may leave." That piqued her interest and Adara couldn't help from blurting out and alerting that they had joined the group. "Human?"
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Lake Acuity || Night [27][7]

Rufus’ wide eyes volleyed to each pokémon with each unintelligible utterance, his brain aching from his attempts to interpret their long and intricately worded sentences. Whilst he struggled to understand the topic of conversation, the gator could practically taste the tension hanging heavy in the air. The stances, their tones were quick to infected the impressionable reptile, his own, powerful body growing rigid at the lingering hostility. Why he suddenly felt such anger remained a mystery? He could see no villain in the equation, nobody worthy of his foul temper, and yet felt obliged to embrace the emotion.

"Rufus. What's going on?"

The Ferligatr jumped at Kaiden’s voice close to him, his narrowed eyes darting to the towering canine until his mind registered the friendly face. Calming himself, expression falling into a sheepish smile he backed away a little to permit the Arcanine view of the scene beyond. He shook his head vigorously in response, a short whine leaving him.
    “Angry,” It was all he understood of the situation. Looking up to the canine, hoping that he had helped at least a little bit in his response, Rufus was quickly distracted by Adara’s spritely form. His face lit up like a Christmas tree, smile stretching across his face at the sight of the female instilled with newfound energy.

"...I have not seen your human. You may leave."
    "Human?"

Turning back to the proceedings beyond the cave, Rufus was relieved to Famaer returning, unharmed. He rose to his full height once more, tail wagging akin to a cheery mongrel as he sauntered forward in a bid to welcome the canine back. Of all the creatures in this group, Rufus knew that he could trust Famaer. The Glaceon had become almost a mentor to him and even after a few short hours in his company, the great reptile hung off the fox’s every teaching. As willing as he was to befriend the rest of the group, at the end of the day Rufus would always remain obedient to Famaer’s command.

Hadn’t the presence of Rufus, Adara and Kaiden not been obvious enough, the muffled cry and accompanying thump that followed was bound to have captured any wandering eyes. Seymour, having lost his footing in the mountain of fur atop the Arcanine’s back had slipped from his perch, crying shock as the fluffy ground disappeared from his feet – soon replaced with the cold floor of the cave. Sitting dumbly on the ground, thoroughly unfrozen by the group’s kindness, the Sandslash boasted a half-terrified, half-bewildered expression at the size of the gathering before him. When had they got here?
    “Um… hello,” He mumbled feebly, feeling it impolite not to offer some acknowledgement of their presence – but from the look of things, now didn’t seem the time. Half the pokémon looked ready to kill something. Pushing himself back to his feet, claws rubbing together worriedly, Seymour’s eyes instantly volleyed back to where Adara sat. It seemed she was in the best place about now.
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:00 pm

((I'm gonna call this a continuation of my last post, to give Joshua a reason for leaving. >.<))

Lake Acuity | Night (16)

The suspense was killing him. Luck never seemed to take this long. Glaring at Famear, he tried to weigh his options. That fool would get them all killed if he stayed, that was certain. The only option was to leave. Turning his head, he looked to Rufus and Muse. He'd hate to leave those two to this guy, but what choice did he have? They'd run out of luck. Tipping his hat to the others, he dashed out of view as quickly as he had arrived earlier in the day, with a Quick Attack into the trees.

((And with that, Adieu!))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Lake Acuity | Night | 9

Muse had expected a harsh reply, yes. The bastard didn't exactly seem like the type to get off his high horse and admit to any wrongs. He had not expected the ice fox to spew such insanity. "Because you are a demon, Shadow, and I do not fraternize with your kind."

Demon. Demon. Yeah, this guy was nuts.

It was the dragon who caught his attention next. Muse's heart ached at his words. No, the dragon did not seem particularly distraught or afraid, but even so, Muse understood what it was like to search for your human.

Arecus, did he ever.

"I haven't seen your human either; I'm sorry." Gritting his teeth, trying to ignore Famaer's complete lack of sympathy or concern regarding the missing trainer, the Umbreon turned to return to the cave. The dizziness was making him feel rather ill now and he needed to lie down.

Walking past the unfriendly frump, the dark fox limped into the cave, his attention grabbed by a ball of sandy spines that rolled off the back of the giant Arcanine as the creature went to investigate the disturbance at the entrance of the cave.

“Um... hello.”

Muse flopped down onto his side and stretched, half curling up and giving the Sandslash a tired smile. Nice to see a friendly face. "Hi... I'm Muse. Nice to meet'cha."

oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Lake Acuity || Night

The answer to Kothar’s question for a name was nothing more then a no. As though the Glaceon didn’t expect the fire type to stay around for very long, as though he just expected him to leave after getting an answer to his real question, oh how the ice type was mistaken.
    The black Charizard didn’t have anywhere else to go from here, he had searched everywhere for his trainer, and he did not wish to face that blizzard once again, so whether the fox liked it or not, he was here to stay.
    "...I have not seen your human. You may leave." The fox said, saying exactly what Kothar had believed him to say before turning around and walking back to his group, which had quickly come out to watch there conversation, as though watching the Glaceon talk with the large fire type was interesting, though, in truth, Kothar would have probably done the same thing.

"You want me to leave?" Kothar said to the fox as it walked away. "But I was hoping you would let me join your little group. It‘s better to travel with other‘s then alone." He added as he looked at the Glaceon, then to the spectators, showing that he was asking everyone if it was all right if he joined there entourage.
    He took in who was already in there group, as they all seemed to have come out to see what was going on. The Lucario from earlier seemed to have left, but the Umbreon was still present. And the fire type that was already in the group look almost as large as the fire dragon, shorter by only a few inches perhaps? It was hard to tell from this angle. There was also an eevee, a pokemon that could evolve into any pokemon type, be it fire, water, or ice, like the grumpy Glaceon he had been conversing with.
    None of them looked as angry or negative as the Glaceon though, and he started to doubt if he wanted to be in a group filled with such a cheery looking crowd, but he didn’t know them, and they didn’t know him, but he wondered if they would be able to see him as a demon, like the fox did.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:25 am

Post 41

Lake Acuity| Night

Famaer had hoped that his stern regimen of strong will and impasse would tip the two demons off that he wasn't going to let them have the Innocents' souls, that he would be their ever vigilent protector and guardian against their heathen ways. However, they were far more stubborn than he gave them credit for. While their pawn, the lucario, had given up or ventured out to seek a better vantage point for their cause, his master moved toward the cave. The old glaceon watched with fiery eyes as the umbreon took refuge within the ranks of his own flock, and he couldn't help his fur bristle. He had seen that trick before... and he would overcome it. Hopefully, the others wouldn't be fooled by the demon's facade.

The dragon, on the other hand, seemed more devious. "You want me to leave?" he called, his voice more than loud enough for the others to hear. "But I was hoping you would let me join your little group. It‘s better to travel with others than alone."

Famaer flashed a dangerous glare to the dragon. So he was playing at a game as well? Snorting his distaste, his tail lashing and fur bristling, he came to the conclusion that these beasts had been stalking him for some time. There was no other way. No way for them to glean of the precarious relationship he shared with his sheep, nor the volitile anger one of them possessed. That that particular lamb was so close to falling to their grasp, it really only took one wrong action. There was no room for anything but niceties, and these fiends were taking full advantage of that. But they lacked something, with all their power, type advantages and abilities... They had no Lord behind them, no Divine to support them.

His rememberance of his own faith brought him strength anew, and the glare changed to a pleasant smile. Let them have their niceties, their victories. He would win in the end, one way or another. "...Do as you wish, weary traveler," he spoke, his voice lacking the venom it held not minutes prior. "Our shelter is big enough for even your bulk... I think."

Upon rejoining his flock, he sighed, glancing to the darkened, starlit night. "...We'd best get some rest, everyone. Tomorrow will be a long day." He sat at the entrance, settling into the rocks. Cold suited him fine as the harsh, biting winds felt like gentle breezes; breaths of his Lord on his flesh. It was reassurring, comforting, that even now in the face of such peril, his Protector was there.

((Religionreligionreligionreligionreligion))

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Lake Acuity|Night
    A(32)/K(40)

Rufus's single word answer explained pretty much everything. Everyone just seemed to be really pissed off at nothing but couldn't let go of the anger. Famaer, his anger generally had a point, if a convoluted one, but even this was a stretch. He seemed mad at everyone but him, Rufus and Adara. The Lucario seemed fed up with it and took off but the small Umbreon shoved his way into the cave and brushed past the massive Arcanine and Kaiden panicked when he saw the Sandshrew fall from his back.

He seemed somewhat bewildered and when face to face with the new Umbreon uttered a timid greeting. “Um… hello.” Adara heard the voice and perked right up, popping on top of her brother's head and smiling down at the ground type. "Seymour! You're awake! You feeling better?" She was feeling better with the berries and with her bandages though there were still a few twinges of pain. Thankfully they were fading quickly and she was able to move around again. Kaiden gave up and lay down, allowing Adara to hop off and run up to Seymour and sit in front of him. She was utterly miniscule compared to him but she didn't care.

Kaiden turned to face the Charizard, still locked in conversation with Famaer, and for the first time noticed how large the fire lizard was. Kaiden had the potential of not being the tallest in the group for once in his life and the thought of that was somewhat comforting. He hated towering over everyone and everything. It was just so...odd. Especially when his sister was less than the size of normal for her kind. "...Do as you wish, weary traveler. Our shelter is big enough for even your bulk... I think." Kaiden was a little confused by the sudden change of tune in Famaer and made a mental note to keep an eye on the Glaceon and the Charizard.

"...We'd best get some rest, everyone. Tomorrow will be a long day." Adara let out a sad little whine and looked at Fam with big eyes. "Do we have to? I've been sleeping all day. I want to talk to the new guys!" Kaiden let out a huff and picked up his sister by the scruff before making his way to a corner of the cave and flopping down. "No." Adara whined but he didn't let it phase him as he placed his legs around her so she couldn't escape. "Sleep." Adara looked over to the others and sighed. "Can't I even sleep by Seymour?" Legends help him but Adara was stubborn.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:44 am

Lake Acuity || Night [28][8]

"Hi... I'm Muse. Nice to meet'cha."

Nodding his head limply in awkward greeting to the Umbreon, Seymour was taken back at the friendliness of the group.
    “Se-Seymour,” He stuttered, nervously. Not ten minutes earlier, he was convinced that these monsters would make a meal from his frozen corpse – but they were surprisingly charming. Huge and intimidating, yes; but Muse and Adara seemed pleasant enough. Looking warily past the Umbreon to the tension radiating from the grumpy ice-type, Seymour stifled a gulp as his eyes wandered across the less approachable individuals of the group. A huge Arcanine, a huge Charizard and a huge Feraligatr… Seymour still remained unconvinced of his safety in such company.

"Seymour! You're awake! You feeling better?"

Seymour subconsciously flinched at the loud cry, looking up confusedly to see Adara poking out from the Arcanine’s mane. He smiled. He couldn’t help himself, the female’s grin so contagious that he felt it rude not to return such a greeting.
    “Um… Y-Yes, actually,” The Sandslash spoke with his usual ineptness, though radiated an uncharacteristic joy from the Eevee’s own good humour. “Th-Thank you,” Watching as she made her descent from the larger canine’s back, Seymour took a step away, ringing his wrists as she approached, somewhat uncomfortable. It had been a good few months since he’d had company – and even then, he remained typically aloof. Memories of the past prevented him from forming any connections these days and yet the loneliness of such isolation continued to drive him mad. Seymour had now come to the belief that suicide was his only escape.

”...We'd best get some rest, everyone. Tomorrow will be a long day."

Famaer had started settling himself for sleep, reluctantly permitting the dragon to stay amongst them as Rufus watched on, oblivious to the decisions made. Still, there was one word he recognised – rest. He trotted over to the fox, resting his head a few inches from the canine’s face before grinning brightly.
    “Goo’night,” The Feraligatr, proud of his knowledge of the word, turned then, leaving Famaer to his peace. Head held high as he trotted back towards the warmer part of the cave, the clumsy reptile narrowly avoiding stepping on the Sandslash in the process, soon threw himself aside Kaiden – feeding off the canine’s natural warmth.

Seymour watched awkwardly as the established group settled down, stood alone as he hesitated to where he was permitted to go. Touched by Adara’s interest in him, the Sandslash smiled apologetically as the female was carried away, effectively trapped within her sibling’s paws at the command to sleep.
    “I… I don’t mind,” He muttered quietly in response to the Eevee’s request, not intending to be heard. Allowing his attention to linger on the canine siblings now joined by the affectionate gator, Seymour sighed softly and looked to Muse for some sort of guidance. “It’s okay to sit anywhere… right?”
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Lake Acuity | Night | 10

The Sandslash was a timid one, his posture and facial expression betraying his nervousness as much as the stuttered reply. “Se-Seymour,”

Muse smiled encouragingly, having learned that doing so set others at ease. And the poor guy clearly needed to relax. "Seymour? Great name; my human had a cousin named Seymour. He was an awesome guy. Liked to feed me his vegetables beneath the table whenever he was over for dinner." Muse chucked. "For all the fuss human kids put up about eating their greens, the stuff isn't that bad. Really good actually, especially that one they call lettuce..."

He caught himself with an embarrassed grin. "Eh... sorry... tend to ramble when I'm this-" He yawned, unable to hold it back, words slurred slightly when he next spoke. "-tired..."

"Seymour! You're awake! You feeling better?"

He and his new companion (at least, he hoped they were companions) both flinched at the loud cry, Muse's head wearily moving to see who had shouted. His face split into a wide grin to see it was the Eevee; thank goodness. She was looking better and could talk now. The fluffy girl descended from her brother's back and walked towards the nervous Sandslash, and Muse's heart ached a little to see him back up and stutter a response. He opened his mouth to see if he could calm Seymour down a bit, but the ice type spoke up. For once, it wasn't to say something stupid or cruel.

”...We'd best get some rest, everyone. Tomorrow will be a long day."

And it was actually really practical, even if Muse was hungering to soak up the company he now had after so much time alone. Still, there would be time tomorrow to make friends, right?

"Welp, Grumpsickles has a point..." He remarked quietly, watching the Feraligatr follow the Glaceon. The great creature's tenderness towards Famaer surprised him. “Goo’night.”

And with that single, proudly uttered word, the gator went to curl up beside the Arcanine and the Eevee. The latter of who had protested loudly at being herded away by the Arcanine, wanting to sleep next to Seymour. Aw. That was sweet of her.

The Sandslash muttered something that Muse could not ask before directing his next question at the Umbreon. “It’s okay to sit anywhere... right?”

"I would think so; I mean, we're all friends here... 'cept for that Glaceon; he's kinda a jerk." Muse gave him another smile to stop the rambling before it got any further. "If you're too shy to go sleep over there with the others, I don't mind company."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Lake Acuity || Night

The way the fox just let him stay without putting up much of an argument left Kothar a little confused, though he shrugged it off before he walked over to the cave where all the others had gathered.
    "Hello." He said as he looked at them all in turn. "I am Kothar, it's nice to meet you." He added, trying to be as nice as he possibly could, though such a feet was a strain even for him, considering he was nothing more then a lowly demon who didn't even deserve the company of others.

He turned to look at the other fire type that was in the group, an arcanine, a large arcanine. It was much larger then he had thought when he was looking at them all from afar, though it still didn't reach the Charizard full height, though Kothar had his head lowered so he appeared about the same size as the pokemon that was classified as legendary but had to status as such.
    He let his eyes wonder to the others, his eyes blank before he ducked into the cave they where all resting in. Searching out a space for himself to rest. His white flame illuminating the area, though there was little he could do about it.

(( So sorry for the late, and bad post. I had planned to post earlier today, but was called into work suddenly so I had little time to do anything. ))
    RhysandNight
    RhysandNight
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by RhysandNight Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:13 pm

((So sorry guys for the late post, we've been buried in snow so internet is sketchy. I'm not sure if this'll go through even. So this round skip please.))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:50 am

Post 42

Lake Acuity| Night

Famaer was genuinely happy to see that the sandslash had recovered from his frozen state, thanks mainly to Kaiden's fluffy mane and Adara's endless cheer. The glaceon smiled at him and the others getting along well enough as teh group settled into the den for the night. Its owner was gone, but it looked like it would be theirs for the night. Hopefully, she would still be alive to reclaim it... His eyes shifted at a great blue form lumbering toward him, smiling gently when Rufus playfully put his head near him, a goofy smile upon the reptile's face. “Goo’night,” he bid, and Famaer let a soft chuckle escape him. He gently headbutted the beast, a kind gesture among his own kin.

"Goodnight, Rufus," Famaer returned, watching as the gator happily plopped down onto Kaiden's warm fluff. It looked like he would be the more popular of his flock, his warmth a candle in the dark. His mind went to the demons, their black kind tainting his otherwise innocent disciples. He hoped that they would stay to their own, but it wasn't to be. He caught Seymore speaking to his Shadow cousin, his large ears easily picking onto their conversation. “It’s okay to sit anywhere... right?” the shrew asked.

"I would think so; I mean, we're all friends here... 'cept for that Glaceon; he's kinda a jerk." Famaer frowned; while the insult was minor, the glaceon could still tell that the umbreon was trying to create a rift between he and his sheep, little by little. "If you're too shy to go sleep over there with the others, I don't mind company."

"I'd suggest, friend, that you return to your spot on Kaiden-- you still look freezing," Famaer offered politely, his cold eyes going to the umbreon. If he were going to deal with the demons, he'd have to do it himself. "I'll keep him company." He sat nearby, his eyes not leaving the umbreon, as if waiting for a single wrong move. The sibling's not feet away argued on sleep, but he didn't let that distract him. No, the threat was here, in their den, waiting for the right moment to strike.

[[Time skip next turn, everyone. Get some rest!]]

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:04 am

(( I haven’t got time to post today, so I’ll just summarise. Rufus is asleep and Seymour, although thoroughly unnerved by Famaer and apologetic to Muse, has obediently settled down near Kaiden and the others. ))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Lake Acuity | Night | 11

"I'd suggest, friend, that you return to your spot on Kaiden-- you still look freezing."

"Good point; you just got sorta unfrozen, after all..."

"I'll keep him company."

"That's okay... I'll just join the others." Muse was fully ready to accept that Seymour needed more warmth, but he didn't really like the thought of the unfriendly glaceon wanting to keep him company. Trying not to intrude on the big Arcanine and his sister, the Umbreon limped over before flopping over again, keeping a short distance away from them so as not to be too intrusive.

He was out within minutes, his brain finally forcing the shutdown he so badly needed.

little fairy

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:40 pm

((Skip, they are just sleeping. Though Adara would have smiled at Rufus and Seymour joining them.
    If Sil isn't back next round I will ask for the team to go on hold.))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:25 pm

(( Ah crap, I completely forgot Acuity! Dx Skip me please. Rufus and Seymour are asleep. ))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:30 pm

(Skip me too; he's out cold. =3)

little fairy

Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:34 am

(( Skip, Kothar is just sleeping in some corner waiting for morning. ))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:12 am

Post 43

Lake Acuity| Early Morning

Famaer didn't remember falling asleep. But as the old glaceon sighed and slowly opened his eyes, he could see that quite a bit of time had passed. The black obsidian night was already giving way to a fragile dawn, the distance light beginning to wash away the dark. He lifted his head in alarm that he'd left his flock's safety to the winds, but he soon found his alarm was no longer needed. They all slept soundly, content. A small smile found him as his eyes ventured over the precious few Innocents he'd managed to find. The siblings, Rufus and Seymore... The smile all but disappeared as his cold gaze found the umbreon and the dragon. He had yet to get rid of them, their restful night only solidifying their place in the congregation.

He would have to fix that.

Old paws moved him forward, toward the mouth of the den, allowing him a better view of their surroundings. It was eerily quiet; no sounds from living or dead could be heard. The wind was barely a whisper, its words indescernable. There was no telling what demons lay beyond, especially while still cloaked by the waning night. He sat there, waiting for the others to rouse on their own.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Lake Acuity|Early Morning
    A(33)/K(41)

Kaiden, as usual, was the first to awake between him and his sister. Adara had always been such a worry for him and their trainer when she was young, always getting into mischief and the occasional male trying to take her away, that he had developed into a terribly light sleeper. Even now as he felt Famaer awaken and begin to move around Kaiden couldn't help but be aware. His eyes cracked open as he watched the elder male situate himself at the mouth of the cavern, no doubt keeping an eye out for any more random strays they seemed to be picking up.

A mighty yawn broke through the silence as Kaiden tried to shake himself of his fatigue. A fault of being a light sleeper meant that one never hit the deeper cycles of it that left one feeling refreshed. Shrugging and shaking his shoulders the massive Arcanine tried to work the kinks out without disturbing his sleeping partners, though it didn't work as far as Adara was concerned. A tiny yawn came out from under his paws and soon the tiny Eevee popped her head from in between the large pads and grinned up at her big brother. "Morning!" she chirped happily, but was quickly shushed by the fire hound. He nodded his head to his side and Adara saw Rufus and Seymour still asleep. "Oops..."

Hopping out from her brother's grasp Adara soon arched her back in a deep stretch. She felt soooo much better! Seemed Kaiden had been right to make her go back to bed. As she looked around at all the new friends she and her brother had made she spotted Famaer by himself. That wouldn't do. Skipping over to him she plopped herself right in front of the older male's face and beamed up at him happily. "So whatcha doin?" She couldn't place why but Fam was definitely one of her favorites to talk to.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:13 am

Lake Acuity || Night [28][9]

Seymour had spent the majority of the night in a state of silent terror.

Whilst he had settled down fairly comfortably a little ways from the main group, close enough to share the warmth and welcome, his sleep had been short-lived. Only a few hours into the night had he found himself scarily close to the large gator, the reptile having sought out a living teddy-bear in his unconscious state. His state of deep sleep preventing the normal sting of the Sandslash’s spines, Rufus had spent half the night cuddling the petrified ground-type. Seymour had been awake ever since, hyper-aware of the enormous set of fangs lurking inches from his head.

When morning arrived, fatigue had almost defeated the nervous ground-type. He’d allowed his eyelids to droop, snoozing lightly until the sound of quieted voices roused him from his slumber. Peering through the gloom of the cave, Seymour quickly made out of the figure of the Glaceon as well as movements from the enormous Arcanine resting aside him. He smiled softly to himself, both surprised and thankful that he’d made it until morning. Yet whilst the group awoke around him, Rufus was still entirely dead to the world. Curled on his side, the rigid Sandslash held close to his chest, it seemed Seymour wouldn’t’ have the luxury of movement just yet.

(( Blargh short. Rufus is still fast asleep. ))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:18 am

Lake Acuity | Night | 12

"Morning!"

A very loud, disgustingly perky shout pierced through the deep veils of sleep and yanked his consciousness awake. It was so sudden Muse was actually unaware that he was awake for a few moments, staring straight ahead in a dazed stupor.

"Wha...?"

Oh... guess it was morning...

Or at least, he thought it was morning... it was still so dark outside... not that it was ever very light out in the mornings, given that Snowpoint was famous for its seemingly never ending winter...

With a groan the Umbreon slowly stood, pawing at his eyes in an attempt to try to stave off the heavy feeling tugging at his eyelids. He could continue sleeping for years.

"Um..." His eyes strayed to the sleeping Feraligatr and his unfortunate teddy bear. Noting the ridged posture of the Sandslash, he stumbled over, pawing gently at the giant creature. "Hey there... big guy... time to wake up now... you're kinda making him nervous..."

First thing: get the big guy to at least let go of the ground-type. Second thing: find out if they were gonna eat, and if so, what they were gonna eat. Where they were going was a good thing to know too... the future was one big question mark, but at least now, he wasn't alone in trying to decide what to do.

little fairy

Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Lake Acuity || Night

Kothat had fallen into a very deep sleep. He hadn’t slept for a few days due to his seemingly endless search for his trainer, Dean, that even though he would never admit it, he was starting to think maybe he was dead.
    Kothar let out a growl and shook his head, waking him up. If it was one thing he would never except, it was his trainers death, not unless he saw Dean’s cold lifeless body with his own eyes would he ever believe he was dead, so until then, he was still alive, and out there.

The others seemed to be rousing from there sleep as well, the Glaceon going to the entrance. The only one that saw him as a demon, what he was. Even his name, Kothar, meant demon. But it was in an old tongue that not many knew anymore.
    The Charizards jaws opened wide in a yawn, revealing his large, sharp fangs before he closed it again. From the looks of outside, it looked to still be snowing, which was obvious since they where near Snowpoint city, and it never seemed to stop there.
    Kothar looked around the room at the others, wondering if they would be as cold and hateful towards him as the freezer over at the entrance. Seemed as though the Glaceon didn’t like it’s dark half either if he remembered correctly. Seemed the ice type didn’t like those of a darkish colour. Seemed rather racist, but everyone had their problems.

Kothar watched as the Eevee went over to talk with the Glaceon before turning his attention to the Arcanine, probably was the largest in the group until the Charizard came along. He wondered if he would tell him where they were going.
    Picking himself up be walked over to the other fire type, trying to keep his steps light so he would rouse the still sleeping water type. He didn’t know how he would as his question, so he would simply just say it.
    "Hello," he started, guessing he should be somewhat polite as he didn’t want to make the entire group his enemy. "So, where is this group going anyway? Snowpoint? The ruins? Or are you going to brave the blizzard just south of here and head to the mountains?" He kept it short and to the point. The only thing that worried him was that the Arcanine would act as cold as the Glaceon did toward him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Lake Acuity|Early Morning
    (1)

"Be careful making wishes in the dark
    Can't be sure when they've hit their mark
    And besides in the meantime I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart"

A rather chipper Zoroark made his way through the forest, singing without a care as to what or who could hear him. In fact he was actually hoping for something to try and pop out to attack him as this entire area had been rather boring. It seemed all the beasties kept towards the lake itself, the water tinged slightly with obvious signs of infection lingering within. At this point anything would be a pleasant change of scenery.

"I'm in the details with the devil
    So now the world can never get me on my level
    I just got to get you out of the cage
    Im a young lovers rage"

Despite the actual context of the song several of the lyrics had his mind lingering on his perfect Kaiden, mostly of that first night he finally got the male to submit to him. Granted the large Arcanine kept telling him no the entire time but afterwards he accepted the Zoroark. At least...until that day he ran away. His smile faltered and he paused to lean on a tree as a pain in his chest made itself known, the feeling long familiar now every time he thought of his Kaiden but still at a loss as to what it was. The Meinshao had called it love, and a lot of what he said made sense, but if this was love why did it hurt?

Mastema shook his head and plastered his smile back on, certain that finding his beloved Arcanine would solve all of his pains and he could once again get his life back to normal.

"Gonna need a spark to ignite
    My songs know what you did in the dark"

His voice rang loud and clear as the approaching chorus came up, the dark fox throwing his head back and howling the crescendo.

"So light em up, light em up, light em up
    I'm on fire
    So light em up, light em up, light em up
    I'm on fire"

Despite his talent for illusion and the nature of his species Mastema the Zoroark could never be accused of being subtle unless he was really trying. Now was not one of those times and he didn't give two shits either way.

((Song lyrics are by Fall Out Boy from their amazing new song 'My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)"
    I can't get that song out of my head, lol
    Sil please for the love of all that is Famaer please have him hear this guy singing XD))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:16 am

Post 44

Lake Acuity| Early Morning

"Morning!"

The bright, cheerful greeting disrupted Famaer's train of thought, his col eyes softening at seeing the bright little eevee rouse. Of course, she was quickly shushed by her older brother, the small child uttering a quiet, "Oops..." before hopping down and stretchin. It was good to see how much better she was doing, especially only after about half a day's care. It seemed she would truly make a full recovery. After her small stretch, she skipped over his way and plopped herself down in front of him, smile as bright as ever. "So whatcha doin?" she asked, her attitude right where it should be.

Famaer could only give a small, soft chuckle. "Watching out for any lurkers in the dark, Adara," he returned, finding her good mood contagious. "I take it you're feeling better?" He paused to turn and look away, hearing the others move about and whisper amongst themselves as well. His smile faltered a fraction as the umbreon began to whisper to Rufus, and the dragon to Kaiden. He would have to keep his eye on them. He turned back to face the mouth of the den when his ears pricked at a strange, foreign sound; one he couldn't quite place.

"I'm... wi... devil...
    rld... can nev... y level
    I ju... get you out ... cage
    Im... lovers rage"

...The devil is that? he muttered in his own mind, furrowing his brow as his eyes continued to search the shadows for the source of the noise. It certainly sounded like singing, but...

"Gonna need a spark to ignite
    My songs know what you did in the dark"

He narrowed his glare and stood, placing a paw on Adara's backside to push her further back into the den. "Stay here with your brother, Adara. I'm going to check this out. I'll be back in a few moments." Not waiting for her to likely disagree, he trotted out further, all senses on high alert for whatever was so recklessly causing such a terrible racket.

"So light em up, light em up, light em up
    I'm on fire
    So light em up, light em up, light em up
    I'm on fire"

He paused as he saw a flash of green, an Ice Beam building in his mouth. Whatever was that careless and stupid was not going to bring whatever disaster it was dragging with it to his flock. Obviously, though, it was alive-- otherwise, it wouldn't know so many words. "Hold," Famaer called, his eyes and tone stern.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:44 am