Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+7
Apos
Abysswalker
renegade
Snitch
Storm
Fox
Silverishness
11 posters

The ACUITY Team

Anonymous

The ACUITY Team - Page 5 Empty Re: The ACUITY Team

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Lake Acuity|Evening
    A(21)/K(28)

Kaiden felt the bundle of fur under his chin shift, and rose up to let Adara come out. She sniffled, and her eyes were bloodshot from crying, but she seemed alright. He smiled softly at his tiny sister and she offered him a small smile of her own. Yep, she was in depression mode just like he feared. The others had probably only seen hyper active/manic Adara, but the tiny female also had a depressive side that came out at random. Could be fun to see how the asshole glaceon took it, though.

Adara kept her ears low, and her tail hung limply, even as she stepped away from her brother. She wasn't very happy, losing friends always did this to her. It was one of the reason's her brother was always so careful about who he let near her. She was so lost in her thoughts she didn't even notice the newcomer until Famaer started threatening him. The croc was nothing like the others, an air of malice seemed to float around him and it frightened Adara. She ran to the closest male to her, which happened to be Famaer, and hid behind him. "Please...don't let it near me..." she whispered fearfully. She didn't trust this new one like she had the others.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:30 am

Lake Acuity | Late Afternoon (1)

Sealand was struggling through the thick snow that clumped on his pelt and gave him the appearance of an Arctic fox. He had never seen this much snow before; Sinnoh was such an unusual region! Even though he was seperated from Wy, and wanted to get back to Johto as soon as he could, Sealand found himself eager to explore this unfamiliar surroundings. It was weird, though, he had a feeling that he'd come here before-not to this specific place, but Sinnoh itself. Sealand tried his best to remember if he had ever come here before, but his earliest memories were blurry at best. He should have known, Sealand was never really able to recall things that were too far back, so as far as he knew, Johto had been his home all his life. Guess it didn't matter, with what was all going on nowadays!

"Ooomph!" Unexpectedly, Sealand found himself falling through a particularly thick pile of snow! Now he was absolutely freezing! As the Umbreon attempted over and over again to pull himself out of the snow, he happened to look around and spot....hmm, he couldn't tell what it was! But what he could tell, Sealand believed the shapes had to be other Pokemon. Whether living or infected, Sealand had no idea, but if they turned out to be hostile, well, he was a fast sprinter!
    "Oh boy! Oh boy! Others! Sealand exclaimed to himself, forgetting all caution as he hopped over to Pokemon, having finally freed himself from the snow pile. As the Umbreon got closer, he was able to see what the Pokemon were-a rather large, blue crocodile, another crocodile that was golden and scarred, and a Glaceon and an Eevee! But.....there was also an Arcanine. With a stab of pain, Sealand remembered that one of them had brutally slaughtered his mum. They didn't seem infected, though, and Sealand liked having friends.....didn't he?

"Hi! Hi! Nice to meet all of you!" Sealand called out as he bounced right up to the Glaceon, shaking all the snow off of his pelt so that they could see that he was an Umbreon. Sealand glanced over at the Arcanine, and for an instant his joyful expression changed to one of both fear and anger-but it disappeared just as fast. "I'm Sealand!"

(Hey guys C: Nice to be on this team!)
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:29 am

Post 23

Lake Acuity| Late Afternoon

There seemed to be a trend with the Evils where they just absolutely refused to obey the old glaceon's commands. But of course, what else could he expect? They were Evils for a reason. The reptile chuckled at him, Adara fearfully hiding behind his leg, which surprised Famaer. She usually took whatever chance she got to lovingly tackle anything with a pair of eyes. This thing unnerved even her, and that was enough.

"Now now, there is no need for that. Besides, what is this 'your kind' stuff, hmm? I happen to see another croc right there," the Evil commented, pointing to Rufus. Famaer's glare narrowed at the gesture, expecting some sort of attack to follow. "No need to be racist, now, is there?" The Evil relaxed a bit, his grin widening. "But I won't hurt'cha. I ain't got a reason to."

"You, Devil, are not permitted here," Famaer growled, his fur bristling and tail rising. "Your coy words are nothing but empty air, and we will not hear any of it. Begone while I still am gracious enough to not remove your stain from this world myself." His glare was fierce, his teeth bared, a growl rumbling low and threatening in his chest. He would not allow another Evil int--

"Hi! Hi! Nice to meet all of you!" There was a flurry of snow, and the large bulk of the stuff revealed to contain not only another Eevee, but the Shadowed form they all shared in their bloodline. The Devil that threatened the soul of every Eevee. One of the pokemon he hated most.

An umbreon.

His eyes flashed and he snapped at the jolly little Shadow, teeth bared more than ever. How, in mere minutes, they could have gotten rid of one Evil to now be haunted by two!? Famaer cursed the tyranitar and stood tall, eyes going to both Evils. "Leave! The both of you! Or I will remove your filth from my sight for you!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 am

Lake Acuity || Late Afternoon [10]

Lost to his own memories brought forth from the depths of his mind at Kaiden’s rich voice, Rufus sat utterly absorbed in his own world, staring blankly into the distance. He had hardly noticed the stranger’s arrival, only shoved back into reality at the unmistakable sound of growling. Tensing at the hostile sound, the gator’s eyes quickly fell onto its source, Famaer. Confused to what could have caused such a drastic change of character, the Ferligatr’s attention soon drifted to the fearful Eevee standing behind the canine, following her gaze to a sandy, reptilian creature. The crocodile was talking, standing leisurely close by and in Rufus’ eyes, appeared completely harmless. He couldn’t understand why everyone was suddenly so apprehensive about this newcomer.

"Now now, there is no need for that. Besides, what is this 'your kind' stuff, hmm? I happen to see another croc right there,”

Rufus’ eyes widened when the stranger suddenly pointed at him, oblivious to the reptile’s words as he hurriedly glanced over his shoulder. His heart began pumping fast in his chest, a sudden fear washing over the Feraligatr as he grew concerned to why he had been dragged into a conversation he was unable to follow. Almost as soon as he’d been addressed, the crocodile was staring back at Famaer, only for the ice fox to viciously retaliate. Rufus shrunk at the canine’s raised voice, his stature and tone enough to alert the gator that he wasn’t in the best of moods. Shuffling backwards to stand beside Kaiden, although cautiously eyeing the massive canine before making any movement in the creature’s direction, Rufus emitted a slight whimper. He hated to see such anger in his friends, not to mention the fear radiating off innocent Adara.

"Leave! The both of you! Or I will remove your filth from my sight for you!"

Another canine had appeared now, a black and yellow species that again, Rufus had never seen before. It held some resemblance to Adara, Famaer too in terms of stature – but whatever connection the trio might’ve held was instantaneously obliterated by Famaer’s aggression. Rufus hadn’t seen the canine in such a state before; fangs bared, eyes narrowed – it scared him.
    “Why?” The blue gator whined to the massive Arcanine dwarfing his usually intimidating bulk. He motioned in Famaer’s direction with his head, unable to verbally explain his growing concern for his company. As he regarded the two new arrivals, Rufus’ frown only heightened. There was nothing wrong with them – was there?
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:56 am

Lake Acuity | Late Afternoon (2)

Sealand backed off a bit as the Glaceon snapped at him, his teeth bared, frightened by the older Pokemon's intense anger. But he wasn't just frightened, he was angered by the threat the Glaceon had made. Why would a survivor kill another living, when all Sealand had done was introduce himself? "What's your problem?" Sealand asked the Glaceon, offended. "I've just met you guys and you already hate me." What a jerk! This mangy excuse for a Glaceon wasn't very respectful, and there was nothing Sealand hated more than disrespect! But then he heard what the blue crocodile had said-and he wasn't screaming at Sealand to leave. The Umbreon bounced over to him, excited that at least somebody was nice around here, even though he didn't seem too intelligent. That didn't matter. "Hi, I'm Sealand! What's your name?" he smiled at the crocodile, showing that he wanted to be friends, not fight. Sealand still had a goal to achieve, and that was returning to Johto.

(Arrgh short post :/)
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Post 24

Lake Acuity| Late Afternoon

"What's your problem?" the umbreon asked, obviously offended at Famaer's tone and threat. "I've just met you guys and you already hate me." He began to totter over to Rufus, which made the glaceon's fur bristle more. "Hi, I'm Sealand! What's your name?" he chirped, but Famaer moved quickly between this "Sealand" and Rufus.

"You will not get the chance to slither your way into this Innocent's mind, Foul Beast of the Inferno!" he roared, rearing up a little and slamming his paws back down, making the snow flurry around him. "You and your reptilian companion can leave, or I will send you back to your fiery depths myself!"

He turned to look back at Rufus. "These creatures are bad, Rufus, and want to hurt us. We cannot trust them." His eyes were steady, his posture sure. "Do you understand?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:43 am

Lake Acuity || Late Afternoon [11]

"Hi, I'm Sealand! What's your name?”

Rufus stared down at the Umbreon that had chosen to approach him, his expression locked between confusion and curiosity. Usually, he would’ve been grinning at the canine and trying to work out an intelligible introduction, but Famaer’s anger had taken him off guard. Maybe he wasn’t supposed to like everybody after all. Ushering a weak smile at the Umbreon, the Feraligatr uneasily glanced to the ice fox, searching for some sort of guidance. He didn’t want to provoke the Glaceon further, so was unusually hesitant about addressing the black and yellow creature stood before him. However, Famaer’s expression spoke volumes alone.

"You will not get the chance to slither your way into this Innocent's mind, Foul Beast of the Inferno!"

Rufus shrunk back again at the canine’s tone, watching the speaker move to stand protectively in front of him. It was all becoming too loud for the gator. He was growing fearful of the rising temper of the canine he considered a friend, as well as the unsaid threats that these strangers seemingly proved. He had stopped trying to follow the heated conversation, instead, resorted to simply whimpering beside Kaiden. He threw his body to the ground, burying his thick head in the snow in a bid to hide away from all the rage oozing from the group, fearful that the fury may spread to his own mind. However, Rufus’ large eyes surfaced from the snow at the mention of his name.

"These creatures are bad, Rufus, and want to hurt us. We cannot trust them. Do you understand?”

Rufus stared at Famaer hard, gradually processing the canine’s words before regarding the two newcomers uneasily.
    “Bad?” He repeated quietly, a frown crossing his snow-flecked features. Raising the remainder of his head from the icy substance that he was growing ever curious of, the gator emitted a great huff akin to a moody child. “...Why?” The reptile shuffled on his belly, stretching his arms out before him to carefully watch the Umbreon, Sealand. They certainly didn’t look ‘bad’, but their presence alone had been enough to upset both Adara and Famaer. Sticking out his lower jaw in a sort of pout, Rufus’s gaze returned to Famaer, expecting some sort of explanation to how the creatures were deserving of such hostility.
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Lake Acuity | Late Afternoon (3)

"You will not get the chance to slither your way into this Innocent's mind, Foul Beast of the Inferno!" the Glaceon roared at Sealand rather violently, moving between him and the blue crocodile. "You and your reptilian companion can leave, or I will send you back to your fiery depths myself!" Reptile companion? Please. Sealand didn't know any of them from a hole in the ground. And what was all this business about the inferno and innocents? Sealand was most certainly not a foul beast or whatever this deluded psycho thought he was! The Umbreon also noticed that the words of the Glaceon seemed to be having some sort of effect on the blue croc, and that made him mad. That jerk didn't have the right to turn other people against him!
    "These creatures are bad, Rufus, and want to hurt us. We cannot trust them. Do you understand?"
    Bad? Bad?! How dare he! Sealand wasn't bad, he was basically harmless!

"Hurt you? I would never do that! Besides, considering how all of you are so big, I doubt I'd be able to do any harm." Sealand scoffed at the Glaceon, mortally offended, before moving closer to the one known as Rufus once again. "I won't harm you. Promise." Sealand was a bit worried on how the Glaceon would react-he wanted to bloody kill him, probably-but the Umbreon wasn't going to take his threats and insults lying down. How could he have come this far just to be stopped from some overprotective jerk of a Glaceon? "I think you need to get your mind checked. There's no reason to be so hostile to another survivor, especially during these times!" Sealand growled, turning to face the Glaceon. I'd be willing to be friends if it wasn't for his attitude!
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:26 am

Post 25

Lake Acuity| Evening

"Bad?" Rufus' surprisingly small voice sounded from the snow; Famaer had been unaware that he'd tried to bury himself in it. "...Why?" he asked, genuinely concerned and confused. Famaer gave him a softer expression, and was about to explain when the demon cut in again, trying to weave its lies around Rufus' simple mind. True, pure innocents like him her the easiest to manipulate...

"Hurt you? I would never do that! Besides, considering how all of you are so big, I doubt I'd be able to do any harm," the umbreon rebutted, trying to make his way to Rufus. Famaer growled and tried to keep inbetween the two, his gaze nothing but fury. "I won't harm you. Promise."

"Soul-sucking demon, you will not corrupt his mind!" Famaer barked, pitting himself more inbetween the two.

"I think you need to get your mind checked. There's no reason to be so hostile to another survivor, especially during these times!" "Sealand" exclaimed, feigning innocence and alarm. The glaceon scoffed. He'd encountered many Evils and Shadows like this, boasting their purity and innocence. But Famaer wouldn't be fooled. No... No soul with the Evil blood touching it was pure anymore. It was tainted, horribly tainted and wretched, and belonged back in the pits of the Inferno where it belonged.

"Because you and your kind sprang this Apocalypse! You and your merry band of demons brought this plague upon us, destroyed our world! Destroyed our master race, our way to our deity! You and your despicable kind have brought the Inferno to us, forcing the demons into this world, even infecting other purer pokemon with your wretched disease!" He turned back to Rufus and held his gaze. He needed to understand this. "Rufus, they are the reason the humans are gone. Why the water is bad, why there are so few pokemon. They killed them. They killed our world. They are evil."

((Yeeaaah... be a douche, Fam-Fam. XD))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:23 pm

((OOC: GOOD LORD! I was only gone for two days guys! I'm just gonna summarize...k? lol))

Lake Acuity|Evening
    A(22)/K(29)

Kaiden had been concerned when Adara felt the need to hide behind the Glaceon, but when he saw the croc he realized her fears. This guy, he just oozed trouble, and even someone as naive about people as his sister could sense that he was up to no good. What did he want, what was his angle? He didn't have time to ask as the Glaceon Famaer suddenly tore into him with rather bigoted remarks. Of course the croc defended himself, acting as though he was as innocent as a newborn babe, but even though Famaer was going to an extreme with his remarks he couldn't call the guy exactly wrong.

Then another came into the mix, an Umbreon from the looks of it, and Famaer laid into that one as well. His anger was getting to the point where even Rufus was cowering beside him. Kaiden's natural protective instincts kicked in and he pressed closer to the water type, the look on his face daring anyone to try and get through him to the gator. His body was taught, ready to spring at the slightest hint of battle, but there was no malice. Only a sense of guardianship over the Feraligatr.

The Umbreon pleaded his case the increasingly racist Glaceon, and for the first time Adara began to wonder what exactly Famaer had been meaning this whole time by 'evils'. He had called several of her friends that, and now these two. It suddenly clicked in her mind what they all had in common. They were all Dark types...He hated dark types. That had to be it. Was that why he had been so intent on 'saving' her? Because he didn't want her to be and Umbreon like this Sealand guy? Suddenly hiding behind him didn't seem like the smartest idea...

Adara quietly shifted closed to her brother and Rufus, hoping that Famaer wouldn't notice her absence. She didn't want him turning on her like he had the others, even though she herself hadn't seen much of his anger other than when she argued with him. She made it to Kaiden and quickly lept into his mane, determined to keep herself well hidden within his fur. And that was the last straw for the canine. While he wasn't pleased with Famaer's bigoted and racist remarks, he didn't know these creatures and certainly didn't trust the croc. But when he started trying to drag Rufus into it and frightening Adara, enough was enough.

Kaiden let out a loud, angry bark and stood up quickly, putting himself between Famaer and the other two in a flash. He'd had enough of all of their bickering and now Adara was cowering in his mane, so this nonsense needed to stop. "This argument is finished," he stated flatly, giving Famaer a glare from the corner of his eye. He didn't agree or disagree with anything any of them said, it wasn't his place. All he wanted was for Adara to feel safe and for Rufus to not be dragged in the middle. "Make your peace. We need everyone we can get."
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:55 am

Lake Acuity || Evening [12]

They were talking too quickly – so many voices, loud, shouting and constantly interrupting one another; Rufus had no chance of keeping up. His eyes were wide, moist as they volleyed between Famaer and Sealand, oblivious to what both parties were saying. Only one word stood out for him – ‘bad’. Right now, it was becoming increasingly debatable to whom the ‘bad’ one was. To the gator, shouting and accusation was considered ‘bad’, it had made him sad, yet the perpetrator insisted that the newcomers were the ones to be feared. Panicked, the Feraligatr backed up as Famaer turned to him once more,

"Rufus, they are the reason the humans are gone. Why the water is bad, why there are so few pokemon. They killed them. They killed our world. They are evil.”

Rufus held Famaer’s gaze, his own large eyes practically entranced by the raging ice-fox. He hadn’t seen the canine so impassioned, and whilst his demeanour had only succeeded in terrifying him, the gator was becoming desperate to understand. He didn’t want to provoke the glaceon any further, and he was fearful that in order to keep the peace, he would have to process his words. It took a moment of silence, the gator’s mind working overtime as he pieced together Famaer’s warning.
    “No humans?” Rufus muttered mainly to himself, disbelieving that the glaceon was trying to make a joke about this again. He knew there were humans, he’d heard so many stories of them, but this creature was insisting that for some reason, they were gone. Apparently, that reason was the umbreon and krookodile stood before them. Tears were building up in the reptile’s youthful eyes, disappointment overwhelming his young mind at the realization everything he thought he knew was a lie. There were no humans, no pokémon, no friends. Rufus’ heartbroken gaze fell onto the umbreon.
    “Why?” The choked out pleading was only just containing an emotional outburst that Rufus was reluctant to release. A downpour of tears was threatening to engulf the usually amiable gator, and as he stared lost at the two dark-types, the sorrow was gradually being replaced with anger. “WHY?” He roared, rising to his feet, intending to beat the truth out of the duo were they not to reveal their motives. He had waited all his life to see this amazing new world, and these selfish beings had chosen to take it all away from him. Before he could get any further, however, Kaiden’s towering form was blocking his path.

"This argument is finished. Make your peace. We need everyone we can get.”

Rufus emitted a reptilian hiss, a fierce spark in his glare as he regarded the authoritative creature standing before him. He could only just make out Adara’s form hidden within the canine’s mane, but he remained too riled up to spare any sympathy for the eevee. Angry tears had broken free to trickle down the Ferligatr’s face, his expression one of pure hate as he turned away from the scene, trudging away from the group to balance his thoughts. Standing rigid, staring across the snowy landscape, Rufus took a shuddering breath, permitting the tears to flow.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:46 pm

Post 26

Lake Acuity| Evening

All at once, the tables shifted. While he was proud that Rufus finally understood the situation, the giant canine shoved his way between them and the Evils. With a snarl, Famaer hunched a little, somewhat surprised with how quickly the giant fire type could move. However, his expression eased a bit when he saw Adara tucked into the cream mane, hiding. Hiding from what? 'Maybe she finally got that naive nonsense out of her mind... Then again, that's a little too much to hope for.'

"This argument is finished. Make your peace. We need everyone we can get.” The arcanine's words were short, concise and to the point. Fine. Famaer didn't fancy frolicking about the tulips either, but this battle was far from over. Glancing to the very upset feraligatr, the old glaceon shot a glare to the two Dark types.

"I won't stop calling them out for the filth they are if they decide to stay," Famaer growled, low enough to not let the others hear. "I will not let this group be infected with their disease like so many others have. They are a threat. They--"

"...did you really just say that?" the other, foul reptile coyly retorted, smirk on full. Disgusting beast. "You got balls, I ain't gonna deny that, but you are wrong, fido. Where in holy hell do you have the evidence to back up that claim? How the hell you think me and this kid-" He gestured to the Demon, "-could have caused all of this? You'r friggin nuts!" He then let out a loud guffaw, which really only succeeded in Famaer's fur bristling more. "Sorry sweetheart, but I can almost gurentee that there is no creature smart enough to cause this shit besides the humans themselves."

Sweetheart? "Humans that were driven to the Darkness by the likes of you, no doubt," Famaer growled, his tail lashing angrily behind him. He shot a look to Kaiden, then looked back to the Evils. "You have one more chance before I rip your disgusting bowels out of your throats. LEAVE."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Lake Acuity|Evening
    A(23)/K(30)

Kaiden's heart bled for the water type before him. He didn't realize that the Arcanine was actually fighting in defense of him, he thought that he was going to hurt him. Kaiden regarded Rufus with sad eyes, he couldn't help but feel a sense of protection for him. He was so like Adara...grown, but not. As he looked at the frightened, snarling face a soft smile graced his muzzle, and he relaxed his stance to calm the poor creature. He wanted to go over there, nuzzle him, hug him, anything that would help to ease the male's tension. But, that would probably result in his face being chewed off. Best not to do that when there was a fight about to break out.

But then Famaer kept screaming at the newcomers, who were actually doing a damn fine job defending themselves. "Humans that were driven to the Darkness by the likes of you, no doubt. You have one more chance before I rip your disgusting bowels out of your throats. LEAVE." Adara shivered in Kaiden's mane, not sure what to make of the dramatic shift in her friend. He was gruff before, sure, but never so violent. Granted the croc guy scared the hell out of her but the Umbreon? What did he do? She stuck her head out of the cream colored collar of fur and looked at the Glaceon, who was practically spitting in anger.

"Why?" she whispered sadly. That one word held all of her questions. Why was he so vengeful, why did he hate everything dark, what happened to make him that way...just...why? She needed to know, because with each spite-filled word her heart broke a little more, knowing that each one drove Famaer further into the darkness he so spited. Only...he couldn't see it, not in himself. Too see corruption everywhere, except within. She leapt from her brother's man, and landed softly beside the angry male, sinking somewhat in the soft, virginal snow. Her eyes held a depth not previously seen in the young one, her very soul shining through to try and reach out to the elder before her.

Kaiden watching his sister taking in the pain of others was one of the greatest reasons he was so defensive of her. The empathic girl's abilities to take on another's suffering was akin to miraculous, except she often tended to lose herself in it. Her heart was deeper and wider than any ocean, and she didn't know how to defend it. She took everything in...good, bad, sinful or virtuous. Kaiden had sworn to their father that he would watch out for her, because what she held was a gift, but also a curse. She was easily manipulated but held the ability to heal even the most shattered souls. Their father always called her...

"An angel fallen to earth..."
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:37 am

Lake Acuity || Evening [13]

Too engrossed in the eruption of his pent-up emotions, Rufus kept his back to the group as the sounds of dispute still rung clear in his ears – though he couldn’t understand the topic. Only the occasional words of ‘bad’, ‘evil’ or ‘humans’ were comprehensible, though the context remained a mystery.

His reptilian face stained with tears, Rufus sat in a mixture of confusion, fear and growing anger. The rising voices bickering behind him continued to unnerve the gator, but now, the fear was slowly transforming into a startling fury. The revelation that the humans were truly dead was crippling news, all of Rufus’ dreams and ambitions ripped to shreds from a few short words. Whether it truly was the dark-type duo’s fault couldn’t be confirmed, but Famaer’s hate had persuaded him enough that these pair weren’t to be trusted. Then there was Famaer himself. Idolizing the canine as a teacher, all Rufus saw now was a bully – a bloody noisy one too.

A frown falling over the reptile’s face to tarnish his usually blissfully ignorant demeanour, Rufus emitted an irritated hiss. The shouting was giving him a headache, a constant aching in his temples that was providing a catalyst for a particularly nasty change of attitude. He hated confrontation – arguing, fighting, violence; but now, it was beginning to have a more profound effect on the gator. They weren’t listening – Famaer and the dark-types. They had ignored his cries for peace, even stepping past the incredible presence of Kaiden. The only way to learn seemed to be as equally as vicious, if not more.

Spinning around to the face the group once more, his face like thunder, the feraligatr’s clawed hands balled into fists. He understood now. If he were to be respected, he had to prove he was worth listening to. A ball of energy had begun to form in front of the blue gator, the creature silent but making no effort to disguise the ancientpower attack he was preparing. Once of a suitable size, the glowing attack casting a luminous glow onto his damp face, Rufus aimed for the centre of the small group, uncaring of whom it hit. He was sending a message. He would make them listen.

(( Oh dear, Rufus has snapped. Feel free to dodge or get hit by the attack. C : ))
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:32 am

Lake Acuity | Late Afternoon (4)

Sealand didn't speak another word to defend himself from the terrible accusations the Glaceon was throwing at him and his fellow Dark-type. To think that they had brought this plague, or controlled the humans, it was all completely ridiculous. The Umbreon covered his ears and laid down in the freezing snow, he didn't want to hear another word from that evil, deluded Glaceon who shoved all the blame for these events on others. It was wrong, wrong, wrong. Sealand merely watched the rest of what unfolded-his heart broke when he saw the emotions written on the Eevee's face-but when Sealand took notice of the anger that was coming over the blue crocodile, Rufus, it was definitely a warning sign. Rufus wasn't just angry, he was in terrible rage. The Feraligatr proceeded to use Ancientpower against the rest of them before Sealand could even take a single step. The attack went straight towards the little Eevee, but that didn't mean Sealand was entirely safe. Suddenly one of the ancient rocks summoned by Rufus hit the tiny Umbreon right on his ribs. Sealand was immediately knocked down into the snow, pain stabbing at his ribs. The Umbreon, who was now finding it much more difficult to breathe, struggled back to his feet.

(OoC: I'm sorry for the short post-writer's block and I have to use an iPod to post here)
    Apos
    Apos
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Apos Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Lake Acuity | Late Afternoon (1)

A Yamask drifted across the Lakeher form matching the sky reflected on it's murky surface. She was staring down at a bright green mask which was firmly held in her grasp. Where is she? I lost... A choked sob escaped her throat, as she drifted wanderingly towards a group on the shore. She approached, still lost in her thoughts of days gone by."..Where is she? I can't find her..." Her voice rising in pitch and intensity, as she bumped into a Golden Krookodile.

"...Have you seen her?" she queried, eyes wide, tears flowing down her face. "I don't know... when is it, where is my throne? Where is..." She gestured forward with the mask, hoping to make the dark type understand. "Where is she?"

((Glad to be on the team with my crazy bitch-ghost-thing))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:30 am

Post 27

Lake Acuity| Evening

It was difficult to keep up with the events, with Famaer's mind so preoccupied on the other Evils. Adara had jumped down for the safety of her brother's mane as the glaceon had tried to get rid of the Evils that threatened to join their group. She stated merely a simple word, but the emotions that clashed and exposed themselves through the portals of her eyes made him stop and stare, his own gaze lost in hers. So much sadness, so much pain... He couldn't understand why she felt this way, especially how someone so small could muster such powerful emotions with only a single word.

His face fell, his posture relaxed. Was... was there something wrong with what he was doing? It was the first time he'd questioned his dogma, his precious religion that kept him going through even the harshest of times. But... her gaze stopped him in his tracks, unknowing of what to do. However, his trance was broken by the sounds of the Dark reptile pleading against something. The glaceon turned just in time to see Rufus' Ancientpower unleashed upon them.

Several rocks went stray, as the attack was brash and unfocused. One hit the umbreon, another hit Famaer square in the ribs, pinning him to the snow with a pained grunt. However, he saw the next one coming, and was sure the little eevee was in its path. But he was pinned, and helpless against the sight of the onslaught. "ADARA!" he barked, trying to warn her of the incoming rock.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Lake Acuity|Evening
    A(23)/K(30)

Adara saw the emotions playing across Famaer's face, and she offered a soft, reassuring smile as he struggled with his inner thoughts. The small fox knew that questioning one's entire way of life was no easy task, and it would take time for Famaer to actually start coming around, but acknowledging that he may not be right was a start. The sounds of yelling caught her attention, and she turned to see a rock easily the size of her come flying her way.

"ADARA!" But Fam's warning came too late. Adara tried to move out of the way, but the projectile slammed into the tiny fox full force and propelled her through the snow and into a tree where it pinned her. She cried out in agonizing pain, the sound of crunching bone echoing as she tried to free herself followed by an ear piercing scream. Kaiden watched in horror as his sister was taken by the attack, and charged to her rescue only to stop short as her cries nearly paralyzed him. His sensitive ears could barely take the painful shrieks, but he honestly couldn't blame her, she was in pain.

He pried the rock away from her tiny form, and while there wasn't much blood he could see where her leg and shoulder were crunched together, the leg bending at an awkward angle. It was obviously broken and he had no idea how to fix it. His ears flattened against his head and his tail drooped between his legs, a look of sorrow and guilt covering his face. "I'm so sorry..." he whispered, blaming himself for not being able to protect her. He nudged her cheek with his nose, trying hard not to shift her, and gave her a small lick.

"Can't anyone help her?" he asked, defeated. He had gone through hell to find his sister, he couldn't lose her now.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Lake Acuity || Evening [14]

Overwhelmed by an incredible, raw emotion, Rufus was deaf to the sudden outcry of the shiny crocodile, his eyes firmly narrowed as he watched his attack make contact. Whilst he had no desire to hurt any of these creatures, he could see no other way to halt their constant, bitter arguing. He had reached the end of his tether. His friends needed to be taught a lesson. They would be wise to learn from the gator’s primitive, simple world. In the feraligatr’s mind, words were meaningless; power was the only way of getting your voice heard. Rufus smiled, satisfied at the cries of pain that soon echoed about the barren, icy landscape.

The umbreon was knocked down, shortly followed by Famaer being pinned to the ground by an attack. There was shouting, grunts of pain, but Rufus saw no other injuries from his distance – only Kaiden hurriedly moving to crowd a nearby tree. He let it slip his mind, instead, trudging forward to examine the damage. Rufus’ once cheery demeanour had vanished, his current expression a deadly calm that was unnerving to even the most hardened of battlers. Under the impression he had done nothing wrong - simply learning from the previously chaotic scene, he carried his threatening bulk to Famaer.

The ice-fox wasn’t shouting now; struggling against the rock restricting his movement, but otherwise silent. Rufus lowered his thick head inches from the canine’s own, his glare unfaltering as he placed a clawed hand firmly on the rock, gradually increasing the pressure.
    “No more sh-shouting,” Other than the slight hesitation on the final word, the feraligatr had become the very definition of menacing. The threat that radiated off him was animalistic and unparalleled. Despite his simplistic nature, a poor intelligence, Rufus would always be a force to be reckoned with. Holding Famaer’s eyes for a moment, the gator finally turned away with a snort, lifting his weight from the rock pushing down on the glaceon’s ribs. Yes, it seemed he’d learnt his lesson. With a flick of his tail, the rock was almost effortlessly catapulted away from the ice-type’s body, Rufus’s attention averted to Kaiden, once more.

As he trudged closer, deep trails left in the snow from his heavy movements, Rufus’ large eyes soon fell onto a hunched figure by the tree. Confused, he frowned at the small creature as Kaiden stood desperately beside it. The realization that followed was heartbreaking.
    “…’Dara?” Rufus’ voice was softer, his harsh expression dropped to one of purest sorrow at the sight of the broken eevee. An unfamiliar pain had exploded in his chest, the gator instinctively clutching at the course scales in a vain bid to halt the unpleasant, stomach-churning feeling. Tears had brimmed in his eyes, those round orbs desperately searching for reassurance, some kind of explanation. He found none; only sadness oozed from his company. Shutting his eyes hard, Rufus’ claws darted to his head, digging into the rough scales as fine trickles of blood began to trail down his face. He deserved it. He’d done something bad. Adara had done no harm, nothing wrong. “N-N-No… no… not ‘Dara… n-no…” There was no way he could explain his feelings, the inner turmoil at having harmed the innocent wreaking havoc in the gator’s fragile mind. Reduced to a babbling wreck, blood now streaming down his face, Rufus suddenly darted away. He skidded in the snow, returning to the berry bush to savagely tear the foliage from the ground, roots and all. Maybe it would help. Adara would be better.

He returned almost as quickly as he’d fled, the bush hanging limp in his massive jaws, face coated in a combination of blood and tears. He dropped it at Kaiden’s huge paws, utterly oblivious to the berries’ properties but desperate in his attempts to help. However, he couldn’t bring himself to meet the fire-type’s face – afraid of the anger, the sorrow that he might see. He hadn’t meant to hurt her; didn’t want to hurt any of them in the first place, but such anger, such confusion, had only succeeded in spreading to the beast. On reflection, he had been severely wrong. Condemning those arguing as bad, the hypocrisy was becoming ever apparent to the gator. He was the worst of them all. Rufus looked away, claws digging deep into the back of his neck as he slowly began to rock, distraught.

(( Permission was given to crush Famaer a bit, lol. xD ))
    Apos
    Apos
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Apos Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 pm

((Please skip me. Sorry to have held the team up, but I cannot think of a post for the life of me))
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Lake Acuity | Evening (1)

Joshua's body was chilled and sore, but his mind was racing. He had been hearing voices for a while now, through the trees, but had been unable to locate them. Finally, the frantic screaming and sounds of fighting drew him in, and he found the somewhat large group. He recognized a few of the pokemon: the Arcanine and Eevee, the Glaceon and Umbreon. However, the large blue creature was a mystery to him. What caught his attention, however, was the crippled leg of the Eevee, laying on the ground and soaking in blood. "So..." He muttered under his breath. "What's Lady Luck got in store for me today..."

Shifting his weight so that one leg was behind him, he pushed off with a Quick Attack, shooting himself out from behind the safety of the trees. As he moved, he unwound the wrappings on his left arm. He shot himself slightly upwards, so his landing was soft, and he quickly found himself kneeling next to the Eevee. Its leg was crunched up against the shoulder, bent at an awkward angle. The bandage wouldn't help a broken bone too much, but it'd help.

Looking up from the Eevee, it suddenly dawned on him how it must seem to the others of the group. He just burst in and began to inspect the injured member. He would have to make introductions later, however. "Quickly." He said, looking to the Arcanine. "I need a strong stick, no longer than her shoulder." He had had to deal with injuries a lot, growing up with a young child like Ismaire. He had never treated anyone, however, and had only watched as the nurses bandaged and cured. Hopefully he would be able to help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:01 am