200 g of Sugar (1 cup) + 2 soup spoons (for the mold)
2 Large Eggs
1 pinch of Salt
60 mL of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1/4 cup)
250 g of All purpose Flour (2 cups)
1 tea spoon of Baking Soda (Baking Powder)
450 g of Little Strawberries, hulled (1 pound)
1 soup spoon of Lemon Zest, finely cut
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C (350°F). Oil a bread mold of 450 g (1 pound) up. Sprinkle 2 soup spoons of Sugar in it.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric whisk, mix the Eggs, the Sugar, the Salt and the Olive Oil. Add the Flour and the Baking Soda. Rapidly mix. Add the Strawberries and mix. Pour everything into the mold.
3. Cook in the oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick poked at its center gets out clean.
4. Remove from the oven and turn it around on a grill. Leave it to cool dowb for 30 minutes before serving.
5. Enjoy (The Extra Virgin Olive Oil nicely replace the Butter nicely in this Cake).
Gives 6 portions.
Total time: 45 minutes of Cooking + 30 minutes of Rest + 15 minutes.
Source: Le Journal de Montréal.