450 g of Little Aspraguses (1 pound)
2 soup spoons of Butter
225 g of Pecan Nuts (8 ounces)
2 soup spoons of Sugar
3 soup spoons of Dried Cranberries
1 Lettuce, plucked out
2 soup spoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tea spoon of Cider Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
1. In a pan half-filled with Salted Boiling Water, cook the Asparguses Al Dente, so for about 4 minutes.
2. Strain the Asparguses. Put them into an Iced Water-filled bowl for 15 seconds. Strain them again and put them on absorbing paper.
3. In a pan, melt the Butter. Add the Pecan Nuts and the Sugar. Brown them over Medium heat for about 7 minutes or until the Nuts start to color themselves and the Sugar is slightly caramelized. Add the Asparguses and the Dried Cranberries. Brown them over Medium heat for 3 minutes to warm everything up.
4. Remove the pan from the heat. Put Lettuce Leaves on the plates and garnish them with the Asparguses Mix. Salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Olive Oil and Vinegar Drops. Serve.
5. Enjoy (Nothing is more beautiful or more appetizing than this warm, colored Salad (N.B.: You can cook the Asparguses in a pan to gives them lots of space. With this method, they cook uniformly. When they are much bigger, it is recommanded to cook them upright in an aspargus saucepan.)).
Gives 4 portions.
Total time: 10 minutes of Cooking + 20 minutes.
Source: Le Journal de Montréal.