110 g of Softened Butter (4 ounces) + 1 soup spoon (for the mold)
125 g of All purpose Flour (1 cup) + 1 soup spoon (for the mold)
130 g of Cocoa Powder (1 cup)
1 tea spoon of Baking Soda (Baking Powder)
1 pinch of Salt
1 tea spoon of Vanilla Extract
125 mL of Vanilla Yogurt (1/2 cup)
About 12 Salted Pretzels
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C). Butter and flour a cake mold of 20 centimeters of diameter (8 inches) up.
2. In a bowl, sieve the Flour, the Cocoa, the Baking Powder and the Salt.
3. In a large bowl, with an electric whip, whisk the Butter and the Sugar for 5 minutes. Add the Eggs and the Vanilla. Whisk for 2 more minutes. Add half of the Flour Mix and half of the Yogurt. Slowly mix them together. Add the Remaining Yogurt, then the Remaining Flour Mix.
4. Pour the Dough into the mold. Garnish the top with the Pretzels. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick pricked at its center comes out clean.
5. Remove the mold from the oven. Let it cool down before serving.
6. Enjoy (The sweetness is always better with some savory and some originality. The kids loves it.).
Gives 4 portions.
Total time: 30 minutes of Cooking + 15 minutes of Rest + 15 minutes.
Source: Le Journal de Montréal.