250 g of All-purpose Flour (2 cups)
1 tea spoon of Baking Soda
1/2 tea spoon of Baking Powder
1/2 tea spoon of Salt
225 g of Soft Butter (8 ounces)
150 g of Sugar (3/4 cup)
220 g of Brown Sugar (1 cup)
2 Large Eggs, whisked
1 tea spoon of Vanilla Extract
1/2 tea spoon of Ground Nutmeg
110 g of Raisins (4 ounces)
90 g of Oats Flocks (1 cup)
130 g of Coconut Flocks (1 cup)
110 g of Dried Bananas (4 ounces)
1. Preheat the oven at 350¤F (180¤C). Cover a pastry plate with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl, sieve the Flour, the Baking Soda, the Baking Powder and the Salt.
3. In the bowl of a culinar robot, whisk the Butter with the Sugar and the Brown Sugar for 5 minutes. Add the whisked Eggs, the Vanilla and the Nutmeg. Add the Flour Mix, the Raisins and the Oats and Coconut Flocks. Mix so every Ingredient is mixed together. Do not mix too much.
4. Put the Pastry onto the pastry plate, spreading it. Push the Dried Bananas into the Pastry. Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes or untill the Cookie is slightly golden.
5. Remove from the oven and let it completely cool down before serving.
6. Enjoy (For those who like the spongy Cookies and the slightly dry Cakes.)
Gives 8 portions.
Total time: 25 minutes + 20 minutes.
Source: Le Journal de Montréal.