Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

5 posters

The RUSTBORO Team

Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

The RUSTBORO Team - Page 2 Empty Re: The RUSTBORO Team

Post by Jay Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Rustboro City || Morning || 3
    Blacklight watched as everyone introduced themselves, it was quite a mannerly group; though it had formed rather quickly. Blacklight had her suspicions, though everyone in the group was seemingly very kind. Hm... I'm going to try to dig deeper into the Ninetails' history... I think he has something hidden. That blood on his snout is not a good sign at all. She flew down to across the Ninetails, leaning on the side of a building.

"So, you mind telling me whats up with your snout? It looks rather bad, was it bleeding?" Hopefully the ninetails would answer; but this was not certain as multiple pokemon in the group had asked about it, Blacklight knew.

([ooc: Quickly, everyone torture René with questions! //shot])
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Rustboro City/Morning (5)

The Salamence scratched his chest as he listened to Seth, "Some of the greatest of talents lie where we cannot consciously seek them." Then the Blaziken chuckled and nodded at Van, but the Salamence shook his head, Thank you my friend, but I really had no idea I could even speak French. After all, I don't even remember my own past.

He caught the eye of the Ninetales, René, “Are you okay? It’s not a bad thing, though. It is a beautiful language, non?” Van nodded his head at René. Yes, i'm alright and quiet. It's a very beautiful language. Just wish I could remember where I learned it, though it feels like i've known the language all my life. The Salamence looked toward the Murkrow.

The bird didn't seem right to him, he could tell that much. It seemed like the bird was hiding something, but Van knew it wasn't anything good. He stepped forward and sat under a nearby tree. His head was swimming with questions non of these pokemon could answer. He opened his wings and layed them on the ground as he looked them over. He sighed, Looks as if I won't be flying for alittle while. Damn scars. He laid his head down on the ground as he watched the others quietly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:08 am

((OOC -- Please just skip me this time around :C Sorry for the holdup.))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Rustboro City/Morning (19)

"Thank you my friend," Van replied with a shake of his head, "but I really had no idea I could even speak French. After all, I don't even remember my own past." Seth's eyes widened with interest as he regarded the Dragon-type. I suspected so... It wasn't the first time he had met a Pokemon who suffered from amnesia. Once he had come across a Golbat who had swooped down from the skies and asked Seth whether he knew who he was. Seth simply couldn't imagine how terrible it must be to forget even oneself. His own memories were the only things that kept him going forward.

He didn't know what to say to Van as the Salamence laid down under a nearby tree and watched them all. He felt an overwhelming urge to help him, but had no idea what to do. For the moment, he turned back to René and continued to patiently await his reply.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Jay Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:54 am

([ooc: Gosh darnit! I forgot about this place! lol Please skip, I don't want to hold up the team any longer. And, there is not much for Blacklight to do xD Need René to reply. lol])
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:11 am

(Skip, Van's just watching the others.)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Rustboro City || Morning | 5

Wayfarer had waited momentarily for a reply from the bird, but got no answer. Seth, too, was ignored, curiously enough. She seemed to be distracted quite a lot, and flew to Rene in order to question him about the illness. However, he was more reluctant than the bird to bother the group’s newcomer. Seth went over as well, speaking of how he and Seth could possibly find something in the nearby Pokémon Center to help him.

Not wanting to butt into either Blacklight or Seth’s questions, he humbly waits aside from the speaking, taking a check over the town and the sky to make sure there were no Undead to be seen.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:50 am

Rustboro City || Morning [4]

"Monsieur, forgive me, I know that it is none of my concern, but ... I am growing ever worried about that blood on your face. There is a Pokémon Centre nearby. Might there be anything in there that will help you?"

René managed a half-hearted, faltering smile. Whilst he was touched at Seth’s concern, humbled by the attention these strangers were already bestowing on him, he was adamant that he didn’t want their pity. There was no need to announce his sob story. They knew he was ill; the rest should be left to their imagination. Besides, he didn’t want them to fret any further, convinced that he would be treated differently were they to discover his condition.
    “Non. Nothing can help me now,” He spoke quietly, directly to Seth as sadness blossomed within the green eyes. “But thank you,” The reminder that he was going to die was always difficult to bear. If the bird at least understood his condition, then perhaps he would be able to silence the prying curiosity of the rest of the group. From his missing arm, René was led to believe that the male might’ve had experienced with unwanted fussing.

"So, you mind telling me whats up with your snout? It looks rather bad, was it bleeding?"

Shuffling uncomfortably on the spot, the ninetales made an effort to the dark-type’s gaze – yet, he didn’t want to seem rude. Feigning an airy chuckle, he presented the avian was a false smile.
    “Oh, it’s nothing, Mademoiselle,” Rising to his feet, tails swaying carelessly in the breeze; he tried to present a healthy demeanour. Unfortunately, that would never be possible combined with his malnourished physique, darkened eyes and of course, the blood clinging stubborn to his snout. “Just a cut, I-I think,” Flexing his claws, René was eager to change the topic. Glancing to the nearby Pokémon Centre, the canine flashed a wavering grin. “W-We were going to find… uh, supplies, non?”
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Rustboro City/Morning (20)

When René eventually replied, he spoke the words that Seth feared he would hear. The Ninetails tried to smile but faltered as he regarded him with a solemn gaze. "Non. Nothing can help me now. But thank you." Seth had already made his conclusions. He clutched his stump thoughtfully as he looked down at René, sadness and pity forming in his own blue eyes. He could only wonder how it felt to know that you were going to die while being helpless to stop it. Although he knew that his own demise would not take many years to come, his situation was vastly different. He had lived a very long and wonderful life, whereas young René still had many years ahead. Tears began to form in his eyes as he watched him converse with the others, trying desperately hard to change the subject. I can do nothing...

"W-We were going to find… uh, supplies, non?" Seth could tell that René did not want to discuss the situation anymore, and decided to help him along. He cast a short but stern look at the others, silently pleading them not to bother the Ninetails any further. "That is correct, monsieur," he said with a smile and a nod. "I think that the either the Pokemon Centre or Mart will be a good place to start." Casting his gaze down the road, he spotted the distinctive blue roof of the Poke-Mart and even though the building was half-destroyed, he could see that it still had many supplies left over. "The Mart is nearby. We should start there." Naturally expecting the group to follow him - their leader - Seth began to slowly walk down the path. "Follow me."
    Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Jay Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 am

Rustboro City || Morning
    [4]

“Just a cut, I-I think, W-We were going to find… uh, supplies, non?”

Maybe he wasn't as suspicious as Blacklight thought, he definitely was hiding something however. Maybe he was infected? No... She wasn't going to argue with herself now, but as she looks around, she realizes that this group wasnt really worth botheriing with. They were nice pokemon, indeed, but really... She wouldn't find any happiness with this group.

"Well, I am very sorry, but I have... Business to attend too. Meeting someone in another city, and I must be off." She knew she was lying, but it didn't matter anymore, because without another word, the Murkrow was off into the skies, letting the wind carry her away.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:07 am

Rustboro City || Morning | 6

When Seth made obvious to René that he and Wayfarer were going to investigate the city’s Pokémon Center for anything that could help with his state, he knew things were going to get interesting. However, the Ninetales’s reply was more forlorn than he would have expected. “Non, nothing can help me now, but thank you.” It bothered Wayfarer to think of what it would take to drag someone’s confidence down in these times, and he was beginning to have his suspicions that this Ninetales’s weakness was because of some illness. The tired eyes, the thin form--those were glaring signs. Or maybe it was a broken rib he was suffering from? Malnourishment is certainly not out of the question in these scarce times either. The Accelgor was not totally certain yet. If it was an illness, however, then Wayfarer could sympathize with the Ninetales’s plight quite well. He’s felt all too miserable like that from his many losses.

When Blacklight had come to question him on his bloodstained muzzle, René had hesitated to answer. “Oh, it’s nothing, mademoiselle;” although the Ninetales raises himself up healtily to continue his reply, his body’s weak state only made the feat cruelly ironic. “Just a cut, I-I think.” But he persisted despite his glumness, and as René looked towards the Pokémon Center, Wayfarer looked onward to the red-roofed building as well. “W-We were going to find....us, supplies, non?” René asked with a humble grin.

Needless to say, Seth took up the reply himself. “That is correct. I think that either the Pokémon Center or Mart will be a good place to start.” Before Seth could spot it himself Wayfarer had looked to the nearby building. It was wrecked badly, with a huge gaping breach in the side of its solid foundation and its front double doors crashed in. However, the last time he was there he did find some supplies left over. “The Mart is nearby. We should start there. Follow me.” Seth began to travel down the concrete path of the city, leading the way to the old building. Before he went back to speak to René, he slithered after Seth. “Seth, since my time here in Rustboro I have also gathered a few supplies. I’ve investigated the tall building there--” He points to the Devon Corporation building as they pass by it, before resuming his talk. “--and I have yet to find any Undead creeping within it. We should head there once we investigate the market and Pokémon Center.”

Wayfarer stopped and looked over his shoulder when he heard Blacklight speaking out. She was addressing them all, although her tone made it seem that she meant for a quick departure. “Well, I am very sorry, but I have....Business to attend to. Meeting someone in another city, and I must be off.” Wayfarer did not bother with a reply, as before he could even think of one the Murkrow took straight off into the sky and away from Rustboro City. He turned and looked towards her disappearing form with a mental prayer of safety to her leaving, but did not let it burden his thoughts. They needed to find something for Rene quickly, for he was a prime target for these opportunistic times. It was then that he took notice of the absence of Van the Salamence. Confused, he browsed his eyes over the city to find no sign of him. He put a hand to his shelled head in a gesture of further confusion as to how exactly a five-foot tall Dragon managed to leave them without getting anyone's attention. I did not even see him leave; how odd....

((OOC -- Sorry for taking so long to post xC Don’t want to go post too fast since Nightfall is leading the plot right now.))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:24 am

Rustboro City || Morning [5]

"That is correct, monsieur. I think that the either the Pokemon Centre or Mart will be a good place to start."

René mustered an appreciative smile at Seth’s change of topic, catching in the bird’s eyes alone that he understood. Whilst the canine was reluctant to discuss the details of his condition, far too uncomfortable to re-familiarize himself with an inescapable fate, he was content that one being knew of his troubles. He wanted no pity, no special treatment – but Seth’s suspicions would prove an effective means of silencing the group’s queries. Nodding his head lightly in agreement with the one-armed creature, he obediently trotted after the male moving alongside the ghostly-serpent creature that had introduced himself as Wayfarer. Smiling to himself as he watched the duo converse up ahead, René felt s sudden aching in her chest. All his friends were back in Paris. Those delightful humans that he reared him knew nothing of his life now, his now destroyed home, his illness – he didn’t even know how far the epidemic had crawled. He could only pray that his beloved Montmartre remained untouched from such evils.

"Well, I am very sorry, but I have... Business to attend too. Meeting someone in another city, and I must be off.”

Turning his slender head towards the voice of the quiet, almost aloof bird, René’s smile faded into a look of utter disappointment. Not five minutes amongst the group and one was already intent on leaving. Was that his fault? Guilty, he opened his mouth to protest the Murkrow’s wishes – but she was gone in several powerful flaps of her wings. The canine watched her glide across the skies before heaving a saddened sigh. However, it didn’t take long to notice the absence of another being – the dragon who had demonstrated a hidden talent for the Ninetale’s native tongue. Ears drooping, René looked to the duo leading the way also finding the pretty Vaporeon had vanished too. He hadn’t even known her name. Crushed at the realization he was practically a liability to the dwindling group, René stopped to look into the distance.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Rustboro City/Morning (21)

When Blacklight announced that she had 'business to attend to' in another city and flew off without another word, Seth watched her go sadly. He hated it when friends left; he always wondered if he had done something wrong, something that they disliked so much that they had to leave. Still, he tried to tell himself that this was not the case as he watched the Murkrow until she flew out of sight. "Good luck, friend," he murmured, bowing his head slightly.

He carried on walking and quickly regained his smile as Wayfarer caught up to him. He explained that the Devon Corporation Building in the north of the city still had some supplies left over and that there had been no sightings of any undead there ... thus far. "We should head there once we investigate the market and Pokémon Center," the Accelgor finished.

Seth nodded, an almost childlike enthusiasm dawning on his old face. "Good idea, friend," he said. "Perhaps it will give us both an opportunity to catch up with one another, yes? I am both eager and apprehensive to hear what you have been up to during our parting."

He briefly turned to check whether the others were following and stopped when he realised that Vanguard was not there. Seth frowned but tried to respect the Salamence's decision to leave them. After all, he had probably had commitments of his own to fulfill and didn't want to go through the pain of saying goodbye. Seth grunted and held onto his stump as he stared at the ground. He understood very well how crushing that decision was.

Looking back up he noticed that René had also stopped and was staring off into the distance. He knew that the Ninetails had a disease of some sort, and he had seen other sick Pokemon go into some sort of trance before collapsing into unconsciousness. Concerned, Seth backtracked a little and knelt down beside the French canine, gently placing his large hand on his neck. "Is everything all right, monsieur?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Rustboro City || Morning | 7

“Good idea, friend; perhaps it will give us both an opportunity to catch up with one another, yes? I am both eager and apprehensive to hear what you have been up to during our parting.” He nodded in understanding to the Blaziken; it would be good to speak with an old friend and get his old frustrations off of his back. Surely Seth also had things that he wished to speak about? Maybe even the others wished to speak about their own pasts when they got back to the shelter?

A certain sound caused his senses to go on alert. Something was nearby, not of the group. It was more like a whisk of strange wind, pushed by some telepathic force. The power had a feather touch, most likely unnoticeable to anyone else that was not close enough. Where and what it was stayed as a complete mystery. However, Jolt appeared to have noticed the ominous feeling as well, speaking of ‘smelling trouble’. Wayfarer cautiously scanned his sharp sight over the city’s dead landscape, staring up the buildings and to the alleyways. All the while, he listened and smelled for anything in the humid Rustboro air. There was no other trace of something else being there, save for that minor psychic disturbance. Cautiously, he confirmed his own suspicions to the vaporeon. “I sensed it as well, Jolt. It felt like some sort of psychic force, maybe a form of teleportation?” His eyes squinted with suspicion as he gave a glance to the Pokémon Center sitting near the center of the town, towards its smashed doors. There was a chance that whatever was here may be in that building. “Seth,” Wayfarer looked to the blaziken, sounding apologetic for interrupting his questioning of Rene, “I hate to interrupt your conversation with Rene, but Jolt is right; there is certainly someone else in this city, and it may be a Psychic. It could be hiding in the Center.” If there was one thing Wayfarer was sure about, it was his keen insect senses.

((OOC -- Sorry for the wait everyone :u I have a new character coming, and hopefully he should be finished by the end of the week. Me and Ciana are just setting up things a little for him.))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:49 am

Rustboro City || Morning [6]

"Thought I caught something on the wind. I am an ex Ranger Pokémon and I could have sworn I smelled trouble. Funny, though, as Van managed to vanish without me even noticing! Oh no! How horrid of me! My name is Jolt; I apologize for being so late to the party."

René’s face lit up into a dazzling expression of joy at the return of the shiny Vaporeon. Obviously, he hadn’t acted as a complete deterrent after all. His green eyes sparkling with an immediate admiration for the female, he struggled to control a flawless smile threatening to span from ear to ear. She truly was beautiful. He had almost forgotten the fluttering sensation within his chest that accompanied witnessing a truly spectacular sight – Jolt reawakened those feelings, igniting his incredible passion for the beauty all around him. Regardless of the epidemic that had succeeded in darkening the world, René was thankful that his eyes would at least find comfort in the smile of the water-type stood before him. So wrapped up in his emotions and internal worship of this creature, René had hardly caught what she’d said. Shaking his head, chuckling to himself at both his own infatuation and the canine’s words, his smile eased into a shy, gentle grin, his face still illuminated by the joy surging through his veins.
    “Jolt,” The Ninetales repeated the name quietly, his accent thick as he rolled the word about on his tongue. It was ironic considering her species, but hypnotic nevertheless. Smiling, he caught her eye. “It suits you. Your eyes… they are… electric,”

"Is everything all right, monsieur?"

The contact made the canine jump a little, but as he turned to regard the aged Blaziken, René was quick to relax. Expression gentle to mimic that of the concerned bird’s, he was truly humbled by the attitude of these creatures. They knew he was ill, inflicted with a serious but unspecified condition, and whilst they voiced their worry, René didn’t feel uncomfortable. None of them were probing, demanding an answer; nor were the offering disgusting pity – he could hardly voice his appreciation and instead, presented his gratitude in an endearing smile.
    “Never better,” René was honest. He hadn’t felt this happy, this content, since his leaving of Paris. Since moving to the region, he’d become somewhat of a hermit – restricted to the house as his health spiralled downhill in the lonely months that followed. The epidemic was a living nightmare, but the knowledge that people such as those surrounding him still existed gave him hope for a better future.

“I hate to interrupt your conversation with Rene, but Jolt is right; there is certainly someone else in this city, and it may be a Psychic. It could be hiding in the Center.”

Alert, the canine’s body subconsciously tensed at the mention of an unseen being. He wasn’t a fighter, never would be. He hadn’t the strength, the mindset or the stomach to live with the guilt of harming another creature – infected or otherwise. Disguising his fear, René’s emerald eyes fell onto Wayfarer before travelling along the rest of the group. Just when he thought he’d found his haven, he’d had to be reminded that such a place didn’t exist. Danger was everywhere.
    “You think it is… uh… dangerous?” René asked nobody in particular, instead looking towards the building with an expression of muted apprehension. He didn’t want the shame of admitting he was utterly useless in battle, but knew he couldn’t rely on his company to protect him either. They had themselves to look after, never mind the added burden on a sickly fox.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Rustboro City/Morning (22)

René jumped a little as Seth touched his neck and the Blaziken quickly yanked his hand away. But the Ninetails was no longer staring blankly into the distance. In fact, his green eyes shone with a joy that Seth rarely saw in others these days. The canine smiled such a wonderful smile and the elderly dual-type felt his heart flutter with life once more. "Never better," was his reply. Just those two words told Seth everything he needed to hear. With a nod and a reassuring smile of his own, Seth stood up again, groaning slightly as his knees cracked.

But then the others started to speak of sensing a presence nearby, one that Jolt described as "something on the wind." Blaziken were not well-known for their sense of smell, and due to his age Seth's other senses were starting to show signs of wearing down as well. Not being able to feel what the others could made him feel worried and vulnerable. He clutched his stump for comfort and looked around nervously as he listened to them all discuss the apparent 'presence' nearby.

Wayfarer told him that it was possible that the intruder was in the Pokemon Centre, and Jolt asked them both if were prepared to fight. Seth began by first addressing the Accelgor's statement, looking around at them all with a stern expression. "If this is the case, then we must make sure to keep a low profile. The Poke Mart is the closest, so we shall go there first. Once we have confirmed the presence of a creature, we will investigate the Centre as necessary, or stay away altogether. Is everyone in agreement?" He looked down at Jolt and held his stump again. He always felt self-conscious when others asked him about his fighting skills, even if their intentions were good. "If we must fight, then so be it. I will protect you all with my life," he said with complete honesty. Looking over at the blue roof further down the road, he said, "We are close. Let's get there quickly. We can have some food and drink. Surely that will aid us if a battle is approaching." He turned and began walking down the deserted road, which was littered with all sorts of devices and items left behind by the humans. "Come along."

((Lol nice timing guys, I was going to plan a confrontation for after they'd been to the Mart. You saved me the work! >:]))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 pm

((OOC -- >_<; I’m so sorry for the wait, everyone; it should just take a few more days to finish the new character’s profile, and I haven’t enough time to make a post. Let’s just say for now that Wayfarer told Jolt he was ready to fight if they needed to. He then agreed with Seth about going to the Pokémart and proceeded to follow him.))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:49 am

Rustboro City || Morning [7]

"We cannot be sure, but it would not be unlikely,"

René struggled to conceal his concern at her blunt, but not unkind reply. Whilst by no means sexist, the canine was a little embarrassed in the fact the female stood before was fearless and ready to fight – the exact opposite to his sickly being. Shuffling on the spot, his emerald gaze volleyed between the pokémon centre and the creatures surrounding him, finding it ironic that a place of healing was likely to be housing a monumental threat. Stifling a gulp as the group discussed investigating then announcing their battling capabilities, the Ninetales kept his lips firmly shut. He hadn’t the heart nor stomach to fight, his innocent nature never able to comprehend that cruel beings existed in such a glorious world. Of course, the undead were terrifying, ever-hungry monsters, but René could never shake the fact that a consciousness was lost somewhere beneath the horrific charade. With that in mind, he simply chose to flee.

"If we must fight, then so be it. I will protect you all with my life. We are close. Let's get there quickly. We can have some food and drink. Surely that will aid us if a battle is approaching. Come along,”

Taking some comfort in Seth’s heroism as his intentions to protect what was essentially a group of strangers, René’s demeanor remained one of muted apprehension. He hadn’t the courage to admit his complete uselessness in the situation, but remained adamant that he would not hinder the group’s survival. With his illness and the scent of blood constantly following him, the canine could always prove an effective distraction, if not bait. Nodding his head lightly in agreement, not wanting to risk speaking in the fear it would betray his discomfort, René obediently followed.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Rustboro City/Morning (23)

Everyone seemed to be in agreement. Seth nodded to his friends as they started to follow him. He was more than comfortable to be the one in charge, their leader. After all, he had led and mentored hundreds of Pokemon in his long lifetime so it was only natural that he would step up and take charge now. It made him feel rather comforted to know that he still had the confident to do this.

After a few minutes the Poke Mart was close. Half of the blue-roofed building had been torn down by what was obviously a very large and very angry undead. Thankfully, it meant that the four of them could get inside easily. With only one arm, trying to open a door was not something that Seth ever looked forward to.

"Here we are!" the old Fire-type said brightly as he carefully stepped over a piece of rubble and entered the building. It was a complete mess, with Potions, Poke Balls and packets of sweets and other confectioneries littering the floor. Shelves were overturned, and Seth used his powerful arm to hoist one out of the way to see what was behind it, but he only found another collapsed shelf that had spewed a lot of differently coloured Potions on the floor.

"I think it's fair to say that a lot of the merchandise was destroyed when the building was attacked," he said, picking up a pink bottle off the floor and examining it curiously. "But do take anything that you may find useful." He put the Hyper Potion down and instead picked up a bag that had once been inside a nearby fridge. To his surprise, it was filled with small Oran Berries. "What those humans think of!" he chuckled to himself as he held the bag at eye level. He used his beak to try and rip it open but the material was stretchy and pulling at it only made it tighter.

With an embarrassed laugh, he held the bag towards his old friend. "Wayfarer, would you hold onto these for me?"

((Aww he can't open the bag I love Seth so much nnboefvnolvevbeboe))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Rustboro City || Morning | 8

When Seth traveled straight towards the PokéMart, Wayfarer agreeably followed. As they went along through the quiet streets, he kept a cautious watch over the skies and buildings. Even in this silence there was always the prevailing threat of Undead, and with a sickly member coming along they team needed to remain ever more vigilant. He dared another look towards the nearby Pokémon Center as they passed by it. Although the partially damaged building seemed so innocent to the eye, Wayfarer could still gather that persistent sensation

Upon reaching the PokèMart, Wayfarer slithered around it to stare into the dark and gaping hole that was busted into it. Seth soon noticed it as well, and dared to be the first entrant with a positive attitude. Wayfarer came in soon after.

The inside of the building was just as foreign to him as any other Human structure, with its cold and flat flooring and stagnant air. Seth took to browsing the items like an adept, but Wayfarer discovered that he could really do nothing else except look around with curiosity. “I think it’s fair to say that a lot of the merchandise was destroyed when the building was attacked.” While Seth’s advice was true, Wayfarer decided to remain silent and instead slip about the isles making sure there were no Undead. While he knew about Potions, Revives, and the such, he knew that the others would have a better idea of what to gather than him.

“What those humans think of!” The surprised remark garners Wayfarer’s attention, who looks down one of the aisles to see Seth taking a bag of some sort from a fridge. While Seth fidgeted with the bag in an amusingly vain attempt to open it, Wayfarer slithered over to his company. After laughing embarrassedly, Seth offered the bag to him. “Wayfarer, would you hold onto these for me?”

“No problem, Seth.” Wayfarer calmly accepted the bag, reaching up and taking it from his friend. He opened it up to see that there was a good number of Oran Berries contained inside, and he gave a quiet hum of pleasure at the find. And to think that he never considered looking in this store before!
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:57 am

Rustboro City || Morning [8]

René tentatively followed the group into the building, emerald eyes darting nervously about the bedraggled state of the pokemart as he absorbed the mess in all its horrendous detail. There was no beauty here. Ears flattening against his heads, more out of apprehension than anger, the canine moved slowly taking delicate steps to avoid the bloodstained mess underfoot. Of course, he’d been in these stores before – albeit a good while ago – and whether they were pristine or in such a state as his current surroundings were, René found the air stale. It was so generic, so plain. A splash of colour could do wonders for the dreary facilities, though René was particularly adverse to that ever-familiar shade of crimson. Shuddering at the thought, he turned his attention to Seth as he fumbled with a bag of berries.

"Wayfarer, would you hold onto these for me?"

The serpent and bird duo’s interactions tugged at the Ninetales’ heart, pleased to see such comradeship and kindness around him. Whilst it hadn’t been explicitly directed at him, he found it touching that despite the horror around them, there was still beauty – within people. Smiling lightly to himself, the canine whipped his head away as the need to cough rendered him increasingly self-conscious. Working hard to silence the hoarse, painful sounds, the familiar splatter of blood hitting his paws in his attempts to shield himself from the others, he struggled to regain composure. Breathless, he managed to choke out an apology.
    “E-Excuse me,” Wiping his mouth once more, content that the coughing fit had ceased for now, René turned to the others with a weak smile. “A cold,” He lied, shuffling awkwardly on the spot before turning his attention to the array of items littering the room. Any distraction would be a blessing about now, he wanted no fuss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:35 pm