Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

5 posters

The RUSTBORO Team

Anonymous

The RUSTBORO Team - Page 6 Empty Re: The RUSTBORO Team

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rustboro City|Noon (11)

Nazo grins with berry juice staining his cheek fur and the area around his mouth. He turned to see the ninja sitting on the desk in the sun. What really interested him was the ninja's tail which said in his mind that he must pounce on it! Nazo flattened himself out to creep under the skull getting as close as possible before. Rawr! He pounced but hit the top of the desk with his skull making a hollow rattling sound. Nazo looked at his front paws finding them lacking a ninja tail. He looked at his own tail which was wagging. Almost mocking him. Nazo growled and began to chase his tail. He grabbed the fluffy appendage and spun out ending up on his belly.

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Devon Corporation Building (3F) / Noon (39)

The climb up the stairs was hard work for Seth; although his arm was strong enough to hoist him up with ease, the pain in his back and the difficulty in raising his right leg made the journey to the third floor a painful one. He kept quiet, however, and kept going until they reached their destination.

Once at the top, Seth made his way straight over to an overturned chest of drawers and carefully sat down. Wayfarer slithered off but soon returned with a bag of berries, and the Blaziken was immensely relieved to see plenty of Oran and Sitrus berries in there. "I have plenty of berries in here for everyone, so feel free to have a few."

"I knew I did the right thing in trusting you." Seth beamed at his friend as he took a plump Sitrus berry and took a bite, allowing the nutritious juices to work on his pains. Taking a second berry from the bag, he happily watched Nazo play until he realised that they were short of some members. "Where is Dominic? And Carter?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:37 am

Devon Corporation Building || Noon
    =-= Dominic / Quicksilver | Devon Corporation Building :: Storage Basement / 3F | Post Count 18 / 24 =-=

=-= Quicksilver =-=
    "I knew I had done the right thing in trusting you!" Wayfarer nodded in thankfulness to his friend's compliment. "And I had done the right thing in trusting you, Seth. That battle with the scyther would have been far more bloody if you had not smashed it into a building!"

Wayfarer jerked his tail away suddenly when Nazo let out a little roar and pounced up onto the table. Nazo's false skull rattled as it hit the top, and Wayfarer worried that the kit had hurt himself. But he was proven wrong when Nazo appeared unfazed, and proceeded to chase his own tail.

He buzzed an insect chuckle as Nazo fooled about, sliding away from the rambunctious kit to give him more room to play around. "Those are some good moves you have, Nazo. Maybe someday, you will be fast enough to catch my tail?" He playfully humored. Seth called to him, and Wayfarer turned about in his coils to face him. "Where is Dominic? And Carter?"

"Carter said she was going to scout around Rustboro before she came in. So maybe Dominic went with her?" Wayfarer guessed. "Those two seem to like each other's company." Now that everything was quiet and they had a time to relax, Wayfarer thought it would be good to open up some conversation with his old friend. He remembered from earlier, that he wanted to speak with Seth about his past. But now, he felt, was not the time for such miserable things. "So, Seth. How did you get here to Rustboro? A lot of people have to travel through some interesting places these days." He was brightly interested in seeing what everyone was doing nowadays, and curled to face Seth with a humble curiosity.

=-= Dominic =-=
    The basement was musty, that was for sure. As Dominic stepped upon the last staircase he found himself in a small concrete cellar, stuffed with items. But what was it that drew him down here? He saw nothing odd, nothing out of place. He could sense no signs of life among the crates, machines, and shelves that cluttered the room. Whatever was down here -- or wasn't down here, since it was a Psychic that called to him -- was well-hidden. Walking to the left of the room he began to open a few boxes. Canned foods, old cloths. A few spare wires. He opened another, and found a stack of mouldy papers.

After he finished scrounging through that, he looked about. Coming down here is either going to become a disappointment, or something interesting. He tapped his foot softly in the pitch darkness, his arms crossed. Was that voice from earlier really just a hallucination? It could not have been! Even he could not imitate a voice like that! Dominic sighed, got out of his thoughful pout and continued to check through the cramped area with a peculiar sense of determination. If that voice really was just an illusion, at least he could scavenge through this place and try to find some useful items.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:34 am

Rustboro City|Noon (12)

Nazo gaped at how easily the ninja dodged him. A worthy adversary! He released his defeated opponent of a tail and sat listening. Finally Nazo had friends! That meant he could evolve into Umbreon! He crawled over to the two older Pokemon and sat watching both of them curiously. They were lots stronger then him so maybe if he listened to what they said he too would be strong. Nazo laid flat on his belly with his back legs and front legs spread out and the skull on his back completely obscuring him from view except for his confused grin.

Nazo stared out of the window and gaped seeing something zone in on them. Sef! 'Farer! Watch out! He jumped just as an undead Skarmory crashed the window and latched onto him. Nazo cried and grabbed at everything possible but to no avail. SEEEEEF! 'FAAAAARER! HELP NAZO! The kit watched with a heavy heart and teary eyes as his new friends disappeared from view...

((OoC: Edited into a leaving post))

Last edited by Taka on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Devon Corporation Building (3F) / Noon (40)

Seth chuckled modestly at Wayfarer's praise as he took a third berry from the bag. "All I wanted was to stop that monster from hurting any of you. At that moment, my own pain didn't matter, because I knew it would've been much greater if I had lost one of you." "Carter said she was going to scout around Rustboro before she came in. So maybe Dominic went with her?" "Perhaps..." The ever-dwindling numbers in their group was making Seth increasingly uneasy, even if it was just temporary. "I will keep an eye out at the window."

Using a desk for support, Seth hauled himself to his feet and limped over to one of the room's large windows. From there, he had an extensive view of the city below. He scanned the roads around the Devon Corporation Building but saw no movement. A concerned frown crossed his face as Wayfarer began to speak again. "So, Seth. How did you get here to Rustboro? A lot of people have to travel through some interesting places these days."

"Quite!" Seth heaved a strained laugh as he grimaced and leaned on a file drawer for support. "I have been traveling this region since the battle at Mt Chimney, simply because of my love for it; I want to embrace it and see how much it has changed since my youth during the time I have left." He stole a solemn glance back out of the window as the prospect of his eventual death clutched at his mind. Right now, in his pain and difficulty moving, that time felt like it would come a lot sooner than he thought. "Ah, but enough of that," he said, turning back to Wayfarer with his best attempt at a smile. "I managed to make it to the Sky Pillar, but I really don't know why I wanted to go there ... I found myself leaving as quickly as I arrived." He took a moment to think of the friends he had left behind there and wondered if they were all right. "So I traveled back to the mainland, and remembered that I hadn't visited Rustboro yet, so here I am."

"And what about you, friend? Apart from all of this, has life served you well since our parting?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:30 pm

=-= Dominic / Quicksilver | Devon Corporation Building :: Basement / 3F | Post Count 18 / 25 =-=
    =-= Quicksilver =-=

Seth's reply brought joy to Wayfarer. Caught up in the moment he felt eager to share his own tales, to speak with Seth about his own odd ventures. He was about to answer Seth's reply, when a horrible screeching noise disrupted him. He threw a glance to the outside window, to see the silhouette of something flying outside. It descended straight towards the room, and with a heavy smash shattered the right office window. Blocks of masonry fell apart with a few sections of the hungry red-eyed bird's steel armor. Wayfarer gave little time to it as he switched to thoughts of survival and released a Hidden Power upon it.

The attack had succesfully stunned it, injuring its head plate and making its head smack against its armored chest violently. But it recovered quickly and angrily lashed out. And as it lashed its taloned limbs about the vicinity of the window it snatched up the prey it had wanted. It had seized Nazo in one of its talons. Now that its claws had gripped it meal, it screeched in victory and yanked the crying kit outside. With its victim held tightly in its talon it quickly flew away. Wayfarer continued to batter it with Hidden Powers, refusing to let the bird get away. But the attacks only assisted it in escaping, as the bird was blasted out through the window. It recovered before it hit the concrete below, and clumsily boosted itself away on the wind. Wayfarer stood cautiously by the window, the tip of his tail lashing behind him. He just sat there, watching as the poor eevee kit flew away. As he could do nothing to stop that damned bird. In the distance he could hear it repeat its metallic screech, a final taunt to show that it had won and that Wayfarer had failed. With a sad drone to his voice, he spoke to Seth. "H-he's gone. Just like that." Reluctantly, but letting his protective instincts take over he backed away from the window in fear of another attack. "N....Nazo...."

((OOC -- Just wanna get in my 25th post for Quicksilver before the team goes on hold. Skipping Dominic for this post.))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:40 pm

((Skip me please. I honestly don't know what I can have Seth say or do.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:42 pm

((^_^; I am also unsure of what to post. For now, I shall have to skip as well.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:30 am

Forest East of Rustboro|Noon (13)

Nazo shivered in his prison the Skarmory had dropped him into. The metal bird was prancing around quite proud of itself having caught the soft easy to eat kit. Nazo howled hoping Sef or Farer or even Domnic could hear him. He did not want to get eated... Nazo did not taste good at all! The only person who ever got close was his momma but that was just for baths. She did not try to crunch him up like a berry!

((OoC: The Skarmory stuck him in a Ponyta's ribcage so he couldn't run))

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Devon Corporation Building (3F) / Noon (41)

Seth barely had a moment to register what was happening before it was too late. The window on the opposite side of the room suddenly shattered, and Seth wheeled himself around to see what was going on and cried out in pain; abruptly twisting his back was clearly not a good idea. He fell to his knees, straightening his back and trying to numb the pain. All he could do was watch, wide-eyed and helpless, as little Nazo was carried away by the Skarmory. Even Wayfarer's well-aimed attack could not stop the beast. It flew out the way it had entered, Nazo dangling precariously from its talons.

"No..." Yet another friend had been lost and what had he done? Moved too quickly, collapsed in pain and then simply watched. He tried not to blame himself - after all, the agony that was now shooting up his spine was no fault of his own - but that did not stop the tears running from his eyes. "Wayfarer..." Seth's voice trembled with emotion as he raised his arm, grabbed a file cabinet and tried to drag himself back to his feet. "...Why does this keep happening? Is it..." The words tumbled from his mouth before he could stop them, and he felt whatever remained of his pride being torn to shreds. "Is it me? Am I ... doing it wrong? I try ... I really try..."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:58 pm

=-= Dominic / Quicksilver | Noon | Forest east of Rustboro / Devon Corporation Building 3F | Post Count 19 / 26 =-=

=-= Dominic & Wayfarer (Combined Post) =-=

The air shifted slightly as the beheeyem blinked into being in front of the basement door. With slightly trembling hands he folded a paper, and then stuffed it into one of his coat's inner pockets. There. It was safe now. He needed to find out what that noise was. There were so many things he needed to plan out now that he has found this.... this accursed note. He had only read the first few lines when the basement roof had started shaking. 

In the span of just two teleports, Dominic had teleported his way up to the second and then to the third floor. He saw himself looking at a gaping hole where one of the office's windows once stood. In front of it were Seth and Wayfarer, both looking quite grievous. 

"The kit was taken?" Dominic's voice was abrupt, for he had been so silent in his entrance the accelgor did not notice him. With surprise the accelgo swiveled in his coil and faced him. He buzzed in reply to him. "Wh... What does it look like?"

"Just wanted some clarification." Dominic raised his hand in ease, and walked towards the window. There was indeed no sight of the skarmory. Great; it just had to be the kid that got stolen, didn't it? It's always the small ones that get picked out first. "He's just.... gone. Just like that, Dom. He's gone. He's probably all the way past Rusturf Tunnel by now."

"He won't be for long. Stay here with Seth. And Seth, remain here. I can travel faster if I go alone." Wayfarer had expected less from the stranger; he did not expect such a determined decision. Was he really going to try and save him? "Yes, Wayfarer; I am going to save him." And can you stop reading my mind? Wayfarer lashed back in his thoughts. Dominic scoffed a small laugh at the irritation. 
    "Then I am going to come with you. I am fast enough to keep up with you." Wayfarer slithered up to Dominic's side, facing outside. Do the both of them really have any hope to save him? "You're not coming."
    The accelgor slithered closer, slithering up by the beheeyem's side as he stands there looking outside. "No, Dominic. I am coming."
    Dominic had no time for this infantile argument. It was time to blunt the bug's spirit. 'Really, Quicksilver? And what of your friend, Seth? What if that Undead had companions with it, hmm? Are you so stupid, so as to not think that these Undead might be trying to divide you from him? I don't care how amazing you think Seth is. He's old and frail, and that's a fact you cannot deny.' The telepathic backlash stunned Wayfarer. He flinched with indignation, and his tail lashed about behind him -- a clear sign of his intense anger. And just how in the world did this thing know his name? Was Dominic digging around in his mind? 
    "Now, are you going to stall me any longer? I think I can hear Nazo's yowls from here."
    Wayfarer yelled at the beheeyem, his voice of an unnaturally irate tone. "Then go, you idiot!"
    Dominic grinned so largely it could be seen from the sides of his face, even as he stood facing the outside world. "That's more like it. I'll be back soon."

Dominic jumps right off of the side of the building. Within just a second the beheeyem  reappears in midair far across the city. Dominic then teleports again, repeatedly using the momentum of his fall to speed up his teleportation jumps as he rushes over the forest. He continued along over the treetops east of Rustboro City, until he met a single faraway point and after slowing down vanished into the thick innards of the forest. 

Wayfarer was really not sure what to say right now. Dominic had thought faster than him, outwitted him, and then managed to anger him. He was never angry like that. This beheeyem had just played him like... like he was just a toy! And just how in the world did he know his name, so quickly? It was unnerving. What would Seth think of it? "So there he goes, Seth. To save Nazo without either of us." Wayfarer looks up to him, and continues. "Seth. I apologize for the outburst. But Dominic.... he somehow knows my name. My real name -- Quicksilver. Nobody else knows that name except you and a few others. Just who the heck is this guy?"

(( asdfjkl so much dialogue Dx -- Dominic shall be there by the next turn, Taka. Just in case you wanna add in some drama before he saves Nazo. owo ))

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:27 pm

Forest East of Rustboro|Noon (14)

Nazo watched the Skarmory sharpen its claws and gulped. Even before it performed this task, its claws could easily go through Nazo's fluffy coat and not so thick hide. He furiously dug at the dirt trying to dig his way out alerting the bird almost instantly. It screeched at him really loud to stop before raking its claws across the bone cage sending bits of bone onto his muzzle. Nazo yipped and backed away ducking under his skull. SEEEEEEF! FARER! DOMNIC! HELP NAZO!

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu May 02, 2013 3:05 pm

Devon Corporation Building (3F) / Noon (42)

The fact that his question had gone unanswered only worried the old Fire-type further. Remaining on his hand and knees, Seth barely listened to the conversation that ensued as Dominic re-entered the room. He thought about all those he had failed that day; all those who had left without a word. It had been because of him, he knew it. They had taken one look at his handicapped form and scarpered, off to find a friend who didn't look like he was about to fall apart. Even though most of Seth's body had escaped the consequences of his great age, just one look at his stump told the whole story - for him to lose half of one of his limbs suggested that he had lost a battle; that he had not been strong enough to prevent such a thing from happening. Seth's teeth ground themselves together as his hatred for the Garchomp that had almost destroyed his life escalated.

"So there he goes, Seth. To save Nazo without either of us." The Blaziken head rose only slightly as Wayfarer spoke to him. He grabbed hold of the file cabinet once more and tried to haul himself upright. It hurt, but he managed, and maintained a firm grip on the cabinet as he stood up to his full height. "Seth. I apologize for the outburst. But Dominic.... he somehow knows my name. My real name -- Quicksilver. Nobody else knows that name except you and a few others. Just who the heck is this guy?"

Seth, too downgraded to try and think this through, simply raised his stump and waved the imaginary hand in dismissal."The Psychic type remain a mystery to me, even to this day." The old Pokemon's expression was strained as he looked towards the smashed window where the Skarmory had flown off. "If I weren't in this condition, I would go as well. But seeing how Dominic handled himself before with that Scyther, I try to be confident that he will be all right. Let us just hope that he is not too late..."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 12:55 pm

=-= Dominic / Quicksilver | Forest east of Rustboro City & Devon Corporation Building 3F | Post Count 20 / 27 =-=

Wayfarer was still trying to clear his head of the anger when Seth replied. "The Psychic type remain a mystery to me, even to this day. If I weren't in this condition, I would go as well. But seeing how Dominic handled himself before with that Scyther, I try to be confident that he will be all right. Let us just hope that he is not too late..."

"He is going pretty quick. He has to be able to rescue Nazo, Seth. I just know it...." Wayfarer replied to Seth, nodding not only to reassure Seth but also himself. "I just know it. Just an accelgor's intuition. Soon we will have Nazo back safe and sound, and this event...." he slithers back from the window breach, taking a moment to look up to his friend. He makes a small attempt at humor, to try and ward off the looming pessimism. "....will teach us to be more wary of windows."

Wayfarer drew his gaze down to the ground in front of himself, as a spell of concern disturbed him. He knows exactly why Seth is so sorrowful, and Seth's earlier words were not lost on the accelgor. Seth was experiencing the pains of leadership. Well, he will not let his friend carry such a burden alone. With calm tensity, he returns his gaze to his friend. 

"Seth, those people did not leave because you are a bad leader. You are a great leader, Seth, greater than even the Humans were, and you are doing nothing wrong. We all know how hard it is in the Epidemic: It's difficult to say goodbye when your last day on earth could be tomorrow. Jolt, Vera, and Vanguard probably left because they lost someone. Just like you found me, so they too want to find their friends. Rene was taken because you and me both failed to save him. You are not the only one who will be carrying the burden of leading this team. I'm not the best leader, but I will do my best to help you in any way I can. Even if it just means I'll be giving emotional support."

Wayfarer's posture was naturally unexpressive like it always was, but his speech was strong with kindness and willpower. He meant every word as each was said, and hoped that Seth would be strengthened by them. 

=-= Dominic =-=

The skarmory was irritated by the eevee's constant wriggling. It took him too long just to corner the kit. But once he did, he hungrily lunged down for the first delicious peck. Yet what he tasted was not gore but dirt! Confused, it lifted its head up to see that the eevee was completely uninjured. He had missed? Again, he tried to start his feast. But as his beak slammed down once more, his head glanced violently to the side of the kit and he tasted earth once more. He lifted his head up again, his rusty feathers spread in fury. He drew his head back far and prepared to strike the kit for sure this time. But as his eyes reached over his back he noticed there was something standing behind him. And it was angry. So angry, the skarmory could sense it. That was all he could think about before the dark creature grasped hold of its head telekinetically and began to bend the neck backwards towards its breaking point.

Dominic was angry, alright. He felt all of his negative emotions from finding that note in the basement pool into his attack, compounding his already intense anger at the bird nearly killing Nazo. The bird tried to kick and turn itself around to attack as he bent its neck further and further over its back, but it could not do so. Maybe Dominic was adding an unecessarily high amount of power into this attack, since this skarmory's armor was actually rather brittle from rust. But who cares? While the steel upon the bird's neck remained undamaged, it did creak and bend irreparably. The beheeyem's enemy was even trying to screech for help, but it could only give a keening gurgle as its neck was now bent one hundred-thirty degrees parallel over its back. 

After he had beeen satisfied that the skarmory had experienced enough damage, Dominic used a single downward thrust of psychic power to force the neck to snap. With the kill having been made, he dropped his psychic grasp. Falling upon its side, with its left wing fluttering out spastically a few times, the skarmory then gave a final low squawk and died.

Dominic sighed repeatedly in fatigue. That attack was a little over-exerted after all -- powerful psychic attacks were nothing that he was not used to, though. Dominic thought that was the end of his and Nazo's troubles, but they were not: More screeches could be heard from the forest around him. He could count two or three individuals coming in fast, no doubt having heard the death cries of their fellow undead.

He looked to Nazo, and warned him. "Nazo, stay there. Dom here will take care of these birds and then I'll get 'ya back to the others. Just keep safe 'til then." The trio was closing in fast, and from multiple directions within the surrounding trees. They must be small but agile if they can close the distance so quickly. In foresight for the upcoming battle, he prepares the psychic energy needed for a Trick Room.

(( OOC -- He will not activate the Trick Room, note. He is just planning to do so, in not knowing that Carter is coming. ))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 10:32 am

Forest East of Rustboro|Noon (15)

Nazo resisted the urge to squeal in happiness from his bone prison. Ok maybe not... He yipped happily and danced on all four paws in excitement. Nazo had been saved! He was gonna live! Then he could go back to Sef and Farer and never leave again! No more angry Nazo eating birds and maybe Carter would be there too! However Domnic told him to stay still and quiet so Nazo sat watching with his wide mis-colored eyes trained on Domnic to see what he would do. Nazo kinda wondered what his momma would do in this situation. She would fry them! Then she would snuggle Nazo and they would go back to the place with Sef and Farer.

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:00 pm

((Sorry you two, I forgot it was my turn. >.< skip for now, I'll have Seth respond to Wayfarer in the next post.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:21 am

=-= Dominic / Quicksilver | Forest east of Rustboro City & Devon Corporation Building 3F | Post Count 21 / 27 =-=

((Skipping Quicksilver this time around, until Nightfall can post.))

For a moment, the forest remained quiet. In this place, everything except him and Nazo was dead anyways. At least that made figuring out which direction the three predators were coming from a simple task. One of them was making so much noise that he knew where it would come from even before it emerged. 

Just as the thick feathers of a honchkrow reached his sight Dominic snapped his fingers, a gesture which released the psychic force needed for a Trick Room. Just like during the conflict with the scyther, the surrounding forest was affected by a strange oscillating energy which distorted its air of it for a brief moment. The effect faded out within mere seconds, but left an obvious change in the air. The first bird which had dove in to attack him barely glanced his shoulder, as the beheeyem had jumped away from his assailant at a startling speed.

Although he could easily use miracle eye to help him kill this bird, Dominic had a less costly idea. He telekinetically grasps a nearby rock, a thickly sized one -- he judged that it was six inches or so thick. And it was found in good time, as the honchkrow had wasted no time in turning around and preparing for another foolish lunge. To the bird, the suddenly swinging stone seemed to move like a bullet. The weapon impacted its skull with enough velocity to deeply embed itself. The bird was stopped midflight and slammed to the ground. It flailed its wings hopelessly about with the offending object lodged almost wholly through its head, until it could twitch no longer and was defeated.

When the next bird -- a Dodrio -- lunged from the surrounding dim foliage, it came swiftly. This one acted smartly, using Quick Attack to accelerate its approach and allow it to peck away at the beheeyem. At least, that was what it wanted to have happen. What its attack really struck was nothing but empty air. When it realized the psychic had teleported away, the birds heads swiveled about in confusion. One of them squawked in alarm when it had been telekinetically seized. 

With one of its heads now hapless in his grip, Dominic proceeds to wind its neck around the necks of the other two heads. The trick was successful in some way, for the three heads were left to squabble and snap about in order to free themselves. And while they were distracted, he ripped a sharp feather free from one of the deceased skarmory's wings. The dodrio was still in a tangled and angry state when he came over and decapitated them all with successive movements of the makeshift blade.

Then, he waited in silence for any other enemies to come. Nothing appeared. His sighs became longer. The energy of his Trick Room would take a while longer to dissipate, since he had expected more birds to come. But he looked at the dodrio corpse again and jibed, knowing that they were the reason he had thought there were three or more birds coming. "I suppose I just killed three birds with one stone, then." Dominic nonchalantly spoke to himself, now grimacing at the crudeness of his attempt at a joke. "Or actually, one bird with one stone and the other three with a rusty blade. Eh, whatever."

Now that everything was calm again, he turned to look towards the ribcage where Nazo had been hiding. "Well Nazo, ready to go back?" He got down on one knee and outstretched his hand to him. "Grab my hand and I can teleport us back."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Forest East of Rustboro|Noon (16)

Nazo wiggled out of the bone prison he was in and growled at the dead Skarmory. He growled and hit it with Shadow Ball before placing his paw on top of Domnic's. Yus Domnic. Nazo wanna go back to Sef and Farer.

(OoC:Short post...))

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Devon Corporation Building (3F) / Noon (43)

Seth managed a smile and a small chuckle at Wayfarer's joke about the window, appreciating the fact that his friend was trying to cheer him up. It was a true sign of friendship when one could always manage to induce a smile in another, no matter how downgraded or low they were. The old Fire-type's heart warmed as he gazed at his friend as he stared at the ground below him, clearly trying to form words. Was he trying to come up with something to say that would not upset him? To conjure a 'white lie' to try and boost his spirits? Seth clutched his claws into the filing cabinet and was about to tell the Accelgor not to bother, but what came out of his mouth was no word of a lie.

"Seth, those people did not leave because you are a bad leader. You are a great leader, Seth, greater than even the Humans were, and you are doing nothing wrong. We all know how hard it is in the Epidemic: It's difficult to say goodbye when your last day on earth could be tomorrow. Jolt, Vera, and Vanguard probably left because they lost someone. Just like you found me, so they too want to find their friends. Rene was taken because you and me both failed to save him. You are not the only one who will be carrying the burden of leading this team. I'm not the best leader, but I will do my best to help you in any way I can. Even if it just means I'll be giving emotional support."

Words could not describe the gratitude that Seth felt at that moment. The Blaziken's mouth twitched into a smile as tears sprung from his eyes. "Th-Thank you. I ... never knew that I could be appreciated like that." He stumbled forward, leaning on a desk for support. "But ... take a look at me. Old and," he aimlessly waved his stump, "handicapped. Personally, I would not blame them for leaving if they thought someone like me was the leader." Slumping against the wall, Seth's face carried a strained shadow as he clutched at his half-arm, willing the lower half of it to miraculously reappear as he always did when in doubt of himself. As usual, no such thing happened. With a deep sigh, he finally expressed what had been on his mind all morning.

"I am old, Quicksilver. So old ... probably older than you think I am. I cannot last forever.  Before this nightmare began, I was adamant that my age would never get in my way. As you know, I battled every day, determined to keep my body and mind as young and fresh as possible. Old age ... is always something I have feared. Ever since this happened." His fingers tapped the end of his stump. He raised his head and allowed his solemn eyes to meet the Bug-type's. "But just lately ... I can feel my body slowly surrendering ... catching up with me. I cannot run for long, nor jump nearly as high as I could a few years ago. My failure to save Rene highlighted that perfectly to me ... I ... don't want to die in a world like this. Not in the hands of those demons that wander every street, forest, mountain ... I had imagined passing away peacefully, with friends around me, with wonderful memories occupying my visions before the darkness arrives. I ... I'm scared, Quicksilver. I have become so frail in such a short time. I fear that my time is short. I fear that I will have no choice but to succumb to those ... heathens. Do I even have the freedom to die as I want?! I ... I..." 

Seth was almost doubled over by this point, supporting his weight on his knees. He was relieved to have gotten all of that off his chest, but was immediately gripped by guilt at unloading it all on his friend. "I-I'm sorry ... I just needed to get that off my chest ... don't concern yourself with it." He took a deep breath and stood up tall, his eyes wandering over to the nearby window. "I do hope that Nazo is brought back safely soon..."

(Sorry about the odd quality, but I'm having a really hard time with this new posting format. ^^;))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:49 am

Rustboro City|Noon (17)

Nazo blinked and looked around before wagging his tail. Sef! Nazo is back! He happily ran over to the Blaziken and grinned. Did you miss Nazo Sef? Nazo missed you... His mismatched eyes welled up with tears. N-Nazo thought h-he was never gonna see Sef and Farer and Domnic again... Nazo just wanted to stay with Sef and go with him... N-Nazo can still go with Sef right?

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:15 pm

((Skip me this round, I want Seth to respond to Wayfarer and Nazo in one post.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:54 pm

=-= Dominic / Quicksilver | Devon Corporation Building 3F | Post Count 20 / 27 =-=

=-=-= Forest east of Rustboro City =-=-=

Nazo places his paw in Dominic's hand. "Yus Domnic. Nazo wanna go back to Sef and Farer."

"No problem, kit." Dominic lowers his head to the ground, and focuses upon teleporting them back to the others.

His powerful mind starts to work itself intensely as he recollects the exact position of the floor. How exactly he could calculate its exact point was a thing only a Psychic could grasp. But with the destination set, he and Nazo blinked briefly out of physical reality. 

=-=-= Devon Corporation Building 3F =-=-=

His words of encouragement were not lost on Seth. That somber frown was warmed into a thankful smile and he even teared up a little. "Th-thank you. I.... I never knew that I could be appreciated like that." Wayfarer was proud that he could help his friend. "But.... take a look at me. Old and," Seth presents the stump of his former left arm, "handicapped. Personally I would not blame them for leaving if they thought someone like me was the leader." Wayfarer contined to listen with confidence to his friend's disclosure. If he lost an arm, he would likely not be as fortunate as Seth. A crippled bug is a dead bug, anyways. Everything Seth said was painfully honest. As much as he wanted to help in any way he could, the accelgor could not change reality. But he listened intently to what his friend had to say since that was all he could do for him.

Seth's age and declining health. It was so true. If Seth still had the strength he had four years ago, that Scyther that attacked earlier would not have gotten its cheap hit in on Seth. Instead, it would have probably been intercepted and easily defeated. Then Seth spoke of death. To die a peaceful death. Would Seth really never enjoy such a thing in this world? It rattled Wayfarer, even if he did not show it. To die without resolving one's life ambitions. This new world was always prepared to take away any joy and peace one has in life.

These were such sensitive topics. Maybe the time would come again for them to talk about it once more. He understood that well. Wayfarer nods in respectful agreement, trusting his friend's decision. "Understood." He respectfully said.

A peculiar poofing noise echoed throughout the room. At first Wayfarer thought it was just the wind coming through the open window, but its location obviously told him it was not. Surprised and ready to fight he turned quickly towards its source, a hidden power churning in anticipation of an Undead attack. But it disintegrated when  he realized the intruders were Dominic and, more amazingly, Nazo. So his intuition was right. "You survived!" The accelgor spoke joyfully.

=-=-=

As if prompted by the phrase, the pair had teleported quietly into the opposite end of the third floor office. Their appearance displaces the air around them, creating a wispy poofing noise. Dominic lets Nazo hurry back to the others, while he calmly strolls over and triumphantly speaks to the awaiting duo. "Don't worry, the skarmory and its friends are all dead now. I made sure of that."

(( OOC -- Post goes :: Dominic, Quicksilver, Dominic. ))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:23 pm