Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

5 posters

The RUSTBORO Team

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

The RUSTBORO Team Empty The RUSTBORO Team

Post by Nightfall Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rustboro City/Dawn (14)
    (post count continuing from the Sky Team)

A pleasant morning breeze caressed the old Blaziken's aged face as he passed the sign that had once welcomed he and his Trainer into the city. Looking round, Seth immediately noticed that Rustboro had expanded from the last time he was here. Most of the buildings were new or had been completely rebuilt. As Seth walked further into the city he noticed the only building that had not changed: the headquarters of the Devon Corporation. It still stood as the tallest, oldest building in Rustboro, hardly a scratch on it. Seth was glad to see that at least one mark of his past had been left unscathed by this nightmare.

The elderly Blaziken let out a soft groan and reduced his walking speed; he had traveled for a long time without rest and at his age, weariness was a heavy burden. He started to look around for a place to sit and rest for a while. He had found himself having to stop and recuperate his energy more often these days. Raising his single hand to his forehead to block the early morning sun's rays, Seth scanned the area carefully. No one, living or dead, appeared to be here other than himself. He sighed ruefully and wandered over to a piece of rubble from a nearby building and sat down on it, clutching his stump for comfort.

He always tried to be optimistic and was rarely in a bad mood, but Seth's old habits were getting to him. Twice now had he left his friends without saying goodbye and every time he thought of it he felt worse. Was he too selfish? He had been alone ever since he had left his friends at the Sky Pillar and was starting to think that he should've stayed with them just to spare his old self of the loneliness that was to follow.

With another sad sigh, Seth sat and quietly observed his surroundings, taking note of every small change that the city had undone since he had last been here. That was all he seemed to do these days. He knew he needed to change his habits soon enough or else he would have a lot of regrets when his life finally came to an end. And by the way he felt at that moment, that time felt like it would be coming sooner rather than later.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

The RUSTBORO Team Empty Re: The RUSTBORO Team

Post by Jay Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Rustboro City || Dawn || 1
    A Murkrow was perched on top of apartly broken building, it's eyes looking forward, still in movement. Her body, slim yet muscular for a bird like herself, was arched in a resting position. Sighing, the bird turned her head around to see what was going on in the area beside her. The soft sound of footsteps was approaching her, and without any thought, she dove into the building, peeking through a small hole in the wall to see who the footsteps belonged too. After a minuter or two, a Blaziken walked by, soon groaning and sitting down. It seemed old, and with a full view Blacklight could see that he was missing an... arm? It didn't matter though, as long as he was kind enough to do her a favor...

"Excuse me;" She began, popping out of the building, taking flight only to glide beside the Blaziken, "Would you mind me asking where I am?" She already knew where she was, yet, she felt the need to tease this old chap a bit. Holding a wing up behind his head and waving the other in front of his face then pointing forward, she looks towards the distance. "I came from that direction, and after a while I found this. I saw the large building... and decided to take a detour." She was speaking the truth there, and knowing her, that wasn't often.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Rustboro City || Dawn || 1

The ground shook as a blue and red mass fly's past. The Salamence let out a roar as the undead used Dizzy Punch into his side. The Salamence looked at the Lopunny with pure hatred. HOW DARE YOU?! And with that the Salamence's teeth gleamed with blue fire and he grabbed the Lopunny and tossed it aside. The rabbit let out a scream of pain as her ear is let on fire and her body smacked against a tree. The sheer force from the throw broke the tree. but the undead was still alive. Well, as alive as an undead can get anyway.

The Salamence growled in a deep low voice and the Lopunny let out a soft hiss. It charged the dragon type with an Agility and ThunderPunch. The Salamence grinned and took the attacks like the brute he was. The Lopunny made contacted with the dragons side and it blinked. The dragon grinned and raised his leg. His claws started to glow a sorta warped purple and blue mix and he brought his claws down on the normal types head and sliced into the undead's head. The Salamence let out a victories roar toward the sky.

(And exit epic battle music.)
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Rustboro City/Dawn (15)

The little black bird startled Seth a little as she hopped out of a nearby hole in the building he was sitting next to. The Blaziken had been so deep in thought that he hadn't been paying much attention to his surroundings. "Excuse me," she began, fluttering over to him. "Would you mind me asking where I am?" Seth's rather hardened expression softened as he regarded the small Murkrow and a smile crossed his aged face. How polite she was! Just as he was about to answer, the Murkrow pointed northward with her wing. "I came from that direction, and after a while I found this. I saw the large building... and decided to take a detour."

Keeping his stump rested in his hand, Seth leaned forward a little. "You are in Rustboro City," he said. "It is one of the major cities here in Hoenn ... At least, it used to be before all of this." He took a brief look around at the desolate city but tried to maintain his smile as he looked back at the Murkrow. Through his aged face and tired expression his eyes shone with truest kindness. "Would you permit me to learn of your name? I am Seth."

Sounds of a conflict from nearby grabbed Seth's attention. Screams and mighty roars reached his ears from round the corner. Seth's aching bones groaned along with him as he stood up. "I think we should go and see what's going on," he said to the Murkrow before walking off in the direction of the apparent fight. Once he reached the corner he peeked around the wall and held his breath; a Salamence, having just won a battle against an undead Lopunny, threw back his head and roared at the sky in victory. He didn't appeared infected, but that was not what was worrying the old fire bird.

It wasn't merely because of the fact that a Salamence had given he and his Trainer Jack their first devastating loss many years ago, it was because this Pokemon was a Dragon-type. He'd had many experiences with these powerful creatures, none of them positive. Very briefly he was once again looking into the eyes of the vicious Garchomp that had crushed his arm. Blinking to remove the image and shaking his head slightly to block out his screams of pain, Seth came out of his hiding place and gave the mighty dragon a nod of admiration. Even though Dragon-type always left him feeling on-edge, he had no excuse to be hostile or rude to them. Not all of them were bloodthirsty monsters.

"I should congratulate you," he said as his hand automatically clutched at his stump again. He didn't know why he always did that; it wasn't like there was anything there to protect. "Not many can take down a fully infected Pokemon alone." He felt great respect towards this creature and tried to let it show in his expression, but the chronic nerves that he had around dragons was a little obvious by the way he carefully watched the Salamence's every move and the rigid way he held his jaw. "I would like to know your name, friend. Mine is Seth."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Rustboro City | Dawn 2

"I should congratulate you, Not many can take down a fully infected Pokemon alone. I would like to know your name, friend. Mine is Seth." The Salamence looked at the Blaziken. Then a load gravelly sound came from the dragon types chest as he laughed whole-heartily. The dragon's gravelly voice erupted from his chest like an explosion. Well, it's nice to meet you Seth and that undead wasn't even a challenge for me. You may call me Van. It is a pleasure to meet you. As he talked to the fire and fighting dual type, the dragon heard another voice. He turned to see a red colored Vaporeon.

He tilted his head at the strange colored water type but shrugged his shoulders as it most. "Good morning, my dears! It is a beautiful sight to meet so many fellow survivors in one place," The Salamence watched as the Vaporeon bowed. He smiled, "I am called Jolt. May i be blessed with all of your names' as well?" The Salamence smiled softly. Well, it's very nice to meet you Jolt. Like I told my fine feathered friend, you can call me Van.

The Salamence was very happy to have met other living. The smile on his face slowly faded as he remembered his time in Mossdeep. I wonder if i'll be able to protect this place better then I did in Mossdeep... The Salamence blinked a few times and his face turned to a gentle smile again.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:59 pm

Rustboro City || Morning | 1

The top office of the Devon Corporation building was musty and dark, devoid of all sound. It was a place of surprising peace for the time, whose halls were relatively untouched by Undead. At the doorless entrance to the office lay a large layer of almost invisible Spikes, placed there by the room’s sole occupant. A strange insect lays coiled under the desk’s eave, who had taken shelter there after a day of foraging and wandering. As the sun broke through the window and shone into the room and the noise of conflict filtered through the walls of the building, the occupant awoke.

The darkly insect uncoils from his slumber, and stretches himself out. After making sure that his fabric-covered body was not dried from his long sleep, he slithers up to one of the windows opposite the doorway and looks out into the city. What had made that vicious noise? Another Undead feasting upon a helpless Living? It instantly sets him back what he sees--the sight was unexpected. A whole slew of people had shown up in the town, including a Salamence, an unnaturally red-colored Vaporeon, and a cheery-looking Murkrow. There was also a Blaziken, whom piqued his interest the most. Where has he seen this fire bird?

The Accelgor unhooks the window and pulls it up, slithering through the screenless opening and onto the gutter running down the structure. Wrapping his serpentine body around the metallic object, he slithers down to the concrete ground of the city. Being down here made him instantly cautious, as he had left the safety of his shelter to meet with these people. Cautiously he stays to the shadows still untouched by the building, slithering towards the congregation. He slithers around the structure that the Blaziken had seated down at, and curls his tail around a small tree that lay beside the main entrance to the structure. As he had made his way over, he heard the Vaporeon asking for names--quite kindly, might he mentally add. He caught the name Van from the Salamence, Jolt from the Vaporeon, but the Murkrow and Blaziken remained yet unnamed. Well, it would be better for him to introduce himself if they were going to be in the same city.

“Greetings, all of you. It is good to finally find others in this city. My name is Wayfarer.” He puts his right hand over his heart and gives a small bow, which seems quite peculiar since he remains curled about the tree trunk. The introduction left him a bit worried, though. In hindsight, maybe he had been a bit too reckless with this group? Will they invite him in, despite his quick entrance? Are they trustworthy? Crap, why did he not think of that sooner?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:27 pm

Rustboro City | Dawn 3

Van was really enjoying this. He had meet so far three pokemon. Though he had yet to find out the Murkrow's name it was nice to have their company. The Salamence couldn't help but be filled with joy. If I can protect these pokemon and this town, then maybe, just maybe i'll finally remember my past. The Salamence let out a very sorrowful sigh as he remembered his failure to protect the island city of Mossdeep. Then as he heard Jolt talk about this, "Wayfarer," Van looked up only to see his memories fade from his vision and to be replaced by that of the present.

He blinked at the strange bug. Van had never seen such a mon before, but he shrugged his large shoulders and walked next to Jolt. He spread his ever slightly torn wings, place one leg behind the other and bow.Well, i'm afraid to say i've never heard of you sir, but if Jolt says your a good guy then i'm going to believe her. The dragon gave both the fox and the bug a hardy, yet sorrowful smile. Oh and before I forget, you can call me Van. Under his hardy, joyful smile of a mask, lay his true feelings. Van may come off as a hardy, powerful fool at times, but thats just his mask. Under that mask, he struggles to keep living the way he does now. Am I really cut out to be a hero?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:37 am

Rustboro City || Morning | 2

The Vaporeon’s reaction to his introduction surprises the Accelgor. She appeared amazed at his appearance, and she gives a kindly bow as she replies. “The brilliant Wayfarer! I must say, I am very pleased to meet you.” Her greeting was unexpected, and it even sets him back slightly from its friendliness. He nods back to her, humbled at her words. “My name is Jolt. I have traveled very extensively across all of the lands of Pokémon. Your name was among many that I wished to meet before leaving this world. It is beautiful news to know you are well!” She finishes with a smile, and he cannot help but chuckle a little. “I am humbled, Jolt. It is good to know that you are also well.”

He puts his hands against the tree, as he crawls the rest of the way up the small tree, curling his tail around a tree branch thick enough to support his weight. The Salamence had stepped up after Jolt’s jovial greeting. The dragon stands at the same height as his perch, his size daunting the Accelgor a little. Dragons have always made him wary, since the majority of the ones he has come across are carnivorous. When he does speak, Wayfarer is actually amazed at his courtesy. The dragon spreads his slightly torn wings and puts one knee back in a bow. “Well, I’m afraid to say I’ve never heard of you sir, but if Jolt says you’re a good guy then I’m going to believe her.” A strange, forlorn smile buds on his face. “Oh and before I forget, you can call me Van.”

“It is good to meet you as well, Van.”

This group is much kinder than Wayfarer had originally anticipated. He was expecting a less than friendly entourage, but their responses have put him in a good mood. Now all they need is to wait for the others to respond. The Salamence and Vaporeon have shown their sincerity, and that is enough to gain his respect. How and if they stay together is an entirely different thing, though. Once more he looks to the Blaziken far beside him, the bird somehow reminding him of someone. But who exactly?

((OOC--If I made any mistakes, I will edit them later =n=))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:03 am

Rustboro City || Morning [1]

In René’s emerald eyes, Rusboro City was nothing but an eyesore. A bland, ugly place littered with the crumbling, angular buildings that the humans had once called home. Even in their decrepit state, the ninetales was adamant that the original structures were only a slight improvement on the city’s unsightliness. However, hunger was forcing him back onto the empty, bloodstained streets. Having spent several days wandering the surrounding woodlands, René had been desperate in his attempts to reconnect with the beauty of nature. It had been far harder than he’d expected. Only few aged trees were left unmarred, the usually sweet-smelling air tainted with the aroma of death and of course, the undead and their victims. There was no end to them. A shiver swept down the canine’s spine at the thought of them – their empty, hating red orbs as they indulged on the flesh of the innocent. The ninetales would never grow accustomed to the violence, even as the land continued to perish at the hands of the monsters. He was convinced that there had to be something left – a flicker of warmth and happiness that was giving the survivors the desire to live on.

Slim legs carrying him through the dusty streets, the ninetales remained ever alert, body tensed as his eyes scoured the landscape for danger. Whilst he was by no means a battler, a strategist or anything that could help maximize his chances of survival, René had learnt well that nowadays open spaces were very much no-go areas. Stifling a gulp, the fire-type quickened his pace, darting into the shadows cast by the remaining buildings in a bid to go unnoticed. Unfortunately, all chances of his subtlety were jeopardized in a sudden coughing fit. The back of his throat raw as he was unable to silence the agonized, sickly coughs, the same familiar flicker of blood soon emerged on the ground beneath him. He wanted to forget, to suppress the fact that his tuberculosis had reached such an aggressive stage, but there was no denying now; he was dying.

His eyelids flicked open at the final cough, his mouth moist with the irony tang of blood as he took a moment to regain his stature. If the noise hadn’t been bad enough, the exhaustion that the fit had triggered was bound to place him at a disadvantage. Eyes watering slightly from the pain, René wasted no time in moving on. He could only pray the city was as barren as it looked. However, as he quickened his pace, a small group of survivors suddenly exploded into his line of vision. Lost for words, the canine simply stared at the creatures for a moment, his mouth hanging agape as he gradually processed their presence. Was he dreaming? No, surely not. If he were dreaming, his illness would have vanished – everything would be perfect. Glancing over his shoulder, a broad grin soon stretched across René’s bloodstained maw.
    “Bonjour!” The joy reverberating from that single word could have filled an entire stadium. The ninetale’s tired, yet youthful face, instantly alight with an incredible happiness at the sight of fellow pokémon. Though it momentarily disappeared at the reminder he was in an English-speaking land. “Oh… ‘Ello!” He repeated, his French accent ringing strong to deny his roots in his beloved Paris.

As he neared, the canine’s smile only strengthened as his green eyes wandered across each of the gathered creatures. He recognised none of their species, only more excited at the fact there was so much more to discover in this world. Slowing to a halt, he gave a quick, polite tilt of his head.
    “’Ow lovely to meet you,” Having always struggled with the pronunciation of the letter ‘h’, it was habitually skipped in his speech. “My name is René,” The canine flashed a pleasant smile, his fangs still flecked with blood. Before he could offer anything more, he suddenly found himself distracted by the red water-type. She was beautiful; her allure hypnotic as she smiled over at the strange insect-like being. Never in all his years had he witnessed such beauty – such unique, joyous colourings to accompany the natural, extraordinary appeal of women. Whilst he was by no means a ‘ladies’ man’, René had never been able to explain nor control his utter worship of the female variety. They were goddesses on earth - beautiful, gentle creatures that left him a constant state of awe. This vaporeon was no different. He smiled at her, expression almost humble.

(( If you didn’t already know, the keyboard shortcut for é is alt 130. :3 ))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:12 pm

Rustboro City/Dawn (16)

The Salamence's reaction to Seth's greeting took the Blaziken by surprise; he was remarkably friendly. The dragon laughed heartily and smiled. Seth no longer felt the need to hold onto his stump; he knew that this dragon wasn't going to harm him, but he still couldn't deny that the dragon's presence unnerved him a little. "Well, it's nice to meet you Seth and that undead wasn't even a challenge for me," he said. A small smile flickered on the tips of Seth's mouth; he admired those who were not shy to admit their strength. "You may call me Van. It is a pleasure to meet you." Seth extended his arm across his front and bowed slightly. "Wonderful to meet you, Van."

As he conversed with the Dragon-type another voice from behind grabbed his attention. He turned and his eyes lit up upon seeing a beautiful red Vaporeon padding over to them. Seth had occasionally seen Pokemon with different colourings than usual but this one was a sight to behold. She looked as though she had been bred specifically for beauty. "Good morning, my dears! It is a beautiful sight to meet so many fellow survivors in one place," she said cheerfully, bowing to them in turn. There was nothing that Seth liked seeing in the young ones more than manners, and so far all of his new friends had not let him down. "I am called Jolt. May I be blessed with all of your names as well?" Seth turned to her and bowed in the same manner as before. "I am privileged to know you, my dear. I am Seth."

"Bonjour!" came yet another voice. Seth saw a Ninetails coming over. The sound of joy in the canine's voice was hard to miss even in his old ears. "Oh... ‘Ello! 'Ow lovely to meet you. My name is René." Seth bowed again to the newcomer and tried to smile; the sight of blood on the fellow Fire-type's jaw left him feeling rather unnerved. "Bonjour, René. Je m'appelle Seth." He didn't know a lot of French, but he felt that would be enough for René to feel comfortable around him. "Are you all right? You look like you have been in a fight. Are you injured?"

Before the Ninetails could answer, yet another voice reached his ears. Seth was only too happy to greet newcomers, especially since he had been on his own for so long, but something about this voice silenced him. He let out an audible gasp as a black Accelgor emerged. "Greetings, all of you. It is good to finally find others in this city. My name is Wayfarer," the strange Bug-type said, bowing to them all in exactly the same way that Seth always did. Could ... it be? The old Blaziken stood and observed quietly as Wayfarer, his old friend from years ago, conversed with the rest of the group. He felt his heart deflate at little at the realisation that his friend had not recognised him. But Seth never forgot a friend's face. When Wayfarer had finished making introductions to the others, Seth approached him. "Wayfarer ... old friend. Please say that you haven't forgotten me."

((This is why I hate being away. -_- But yaaaaaay, full team! :DD))
    Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Jay Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:37 pm

([ooc: Damn I hate being away :c sd;asd])
    Rustboro City || Dawn || 2

Many pokemon seemed to simple come out of no-where! It was insane, though, all of them seemed rather kind. However, there was one she was suspicious of, Jolt, the vaporeon. She seemed odd, friendly, but odd. Not to mention Seth's 'old friend', Wayfarer, who just popped out of no where and introduced himself, what an idiot. Otherwise, the Salamance, Van, looked rather protective. Strong, large, of course, that's how Salamances naturally are. Unlike her, Blacklight was just a weak Murkrow, nothing special. If only I could evolve. A ninetails, blood covering his mouth in an ugly way, came over speaking another damned language mixed with english. This group is already turning out to be a bunch of idiots...

Blacklight looked around, she eyed the Vaporeon, making sure she didn't notice, and spoke clearly yet calmly, "Why hello all~! Before I forget, my name is Blacklight, but call me what you wish..." Just don't make sure it's stupid, or I will evolve off of you.* Blacklight took a moment before flapping her wings and landing on a ledge of a building, not to high up and not to far from the ground. Just enough so the others could see her. Looking down at them, she felt in control, just the way I like it.

([ooc: * = She will attack you to death, lol.])
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:50 pm

(I'm sorry. Not much for Van to do, so skip. I'll come up with a good post for next time around)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Rustboro City || Dawn | 3

As they had finished their conversation, a newcomer had come to the town of Rustboro. Wayfarer watched a Ninetales cautiously enter the city. After passing behind some buildings, he reappeared to introduce himself to them all. “Bonjour!” The word confused Wayfarer, but there was a vibe to it that told him the Ninetales had jovially greeted them. “Oh....’Ello! ‘Ow lovely to meet you, My name is René.” The blood flecked all around the fox’s mouth bothered the Accelgor some, but the way that it was spattered told him that it was not the result of cannibalism or infection. He was not sure what it was from, though. He gave a response regardless. ”Hello, René; you may call me Wayfarer.” Meanwhile, the oddly familiar Blaziken beside him got up and introduced himself to the group. So, too, did the Murkrow that was perched upon the dilapidated building behind them crow calmly to them all. The way it was perched cautioned the Accelgor slightly, warning him to keep an eye on the bird. He gave a wary glare to the bird, but was interrupted by the sight of Jolt hurrying over to the Ninetales. She was worried as to the bloodstains covering his mouth, as shown in her concerned words.

Wayfarer immediately took notice when the Blaziken asked him something. He turned to him, noticing the concern that marred the old bird’s face. “Wayfarer....old friend. Please say that you haven’t forgotten me.” The accelgor blinked in momentary confusion, before his eyes expand with surprise. “S-seth?” He was shocked, no, saddened that he had not recognized his old Blaziken friend. It has been over four years since their last meeting, and so much had happened since then. It could all be recalled so freshly, like a healed wound breaking at the mention of its existence. The loss of his love, the missing of his old friend Rampart at Fortree, the Epidemic.....He quickly threw the memories to the side, knowing that worrying over such things was ridiculous. Wayfarer quickly assembled an apology as he slithered down the tree and stood upright before the Blaziken.

“So it is you, Seth! Praise Arceus you are well.” He puts his right hand to his chest again, making one of his compulsory bows. But his joy wears down into worry, as his voice lowers so that only his friend can hear. “I am sorry that I did not recognize you at first. So many things have happened since we last met, enough to make me forget. I can explain what happened when we have time later, if you wish.” Wayfarer only hoped that Seth would understand in some way. He listened intently for what his friend’s words would be.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 am

Rustboro City || Morning [2]

"Bonjour, René. Je m'appelle Seth.”

The ninetales emitted a light-hearted chuckle, nodding his head as bright eyes regarded the polite blaziken. It was always nice to have someone communicating in his native tongue; flattered that the one-armed fire-type was doing his best to ensure he received a warm welcome.
    “Aha, that’s very good,” René commented, a smile stretched across his tired face as his gaze turned to the others gathered, listening to catch their names. Seth, Blacklight and Wayfarer – yet the dragon’s identity and in his eyes, more importantly, the female’s identity remained a mystery. How elusive! The canine always liked a challenge; somewhat excited by the fact the beautiful vaporeon wasn’t the typical girl fawning over his appearance. Then again, in his months away from Paris his illness had noticeably tarnished his looks. He was soon reminded of his condition at comments from both Seth and said beauty.

"Now, what has happened here? You look as if you have been coughing up blood, sir. Are you alright?”

Suddenly uncomfortable, René’s smile faltered, his gaze averted to the ground. Roughly using the back of his paw to help free some of the fresh blood clinging to his muzzle, the ninetales was unable to look to his company. They didn’t need to know. He didn’t want to be treated like some invalid, constantly needing care from the strong. They might try to restrain him – tell him that his attempts at living the rest of his life to the fullest would only worsen his health. Why shouldn’t he enjoy the time he had left? Panicked, he eventually turned back to the vaporeon.
    “I-I’m fine,” A soft smile blossomed over his features, a blatant lie though his expression begged to avoid dwelling on the topic further. “Really,” The fire-type insisted, shuffling on the spot as he softly cleared his throat. The metallic tang was still lingering on his tongue.

Straightening himself up, the ninetales roughly shoved thought of his tuberculosis to the back of his mind, his intentions of making a good impression spurring him to regain his previous optimism.
    “Mademoiselle, I-I never got your name,” He addressed the vaporeon, his youthful face glowing once more – the joy overwhelming the fatigue. “Or you, Monsieur,” René added quickly, gesturing with his head to the quiet salamence. Admittedly, he wasn’t quite as fascinated with any of these beings as much as he was the red water-fox, though for the sake of good manners, he would willingly share out his attention. His smile was genuine, friendly as he glimpsed the fire-type and wispy insect creature conversing, their words a joyous reunion. Suddenly guilty that he might have intruded on a well-established group; the ninetales tilted his head comically, his smile momentarily vanishing as a more serious expression met his features. “You all know each other? I-I do not want to... uh…” He struggled to find the word. “…bother?”
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Rustboro City/Morning (17)

As soon as he saw Wayfarer's eyes widen in recognition, a wonderful feeling of happiness and relief embraced Seth's battle-worn body. At the battle at Mt.Chimney he had watched far too many of his friends die only to rise again and turn on him, and to see one of them alive and well was a blessing from Arceus. Although Wayfarer had already left them when the Epidemic arrived, the Accelgor had entered his mind several times. Seeing him again reminded Seth just how important friendship was in disastrous times such as these, and a smile that had not appeared on the old Blaziken's face for a long time became visible as his old friend slithered down the tree he was perched on and stood before him.

"So it is you, Seth! Praise Arceus you are well," he said, bowing to him in the manner they both shared. But then his voice dropped and Seth had to lean his head forward so his old ears could hear. "I am sorry that I did not recognize you at first. So many things have happened since we last met, enough to make me forget." Seth chuckled and raised his hand. "It is all right, friend, I understand. The world is a very different place to how it was when we last saw one another. It is only natural that your memory of the times before should become a little hazy." "I can explain what happened when we have time later, if you wish." "Yes, please do. I must say, Wayfarer, I am truly happy to see you again, and I am glad that you have made it through all of this. But I suppose I should think nothing less of you. You were, after all, one of my finest students."

With another bright smile, Seth straightened up and turned his attention back to the rest of the group. "I do apologise. We will explain later." For now, his concentration was led back to René. The Ninetails chuckled at Seth's effort at French, but thankfully he didn't seem to be ridiculing him. "Aha, that’s very good," he complemented. Seth smiled and nodded to the fellow Fire-type, but frowned when he took another look at the Ninetails' blood-splattered jaw. Although he insisted to Jolt that he was all right, Seth was not convinced. Either he had been in a fight and had stained his jaw, or he had coughed up the blood himself. Seth suspected the latter, but did not say anything as René continued to make pleasantries with Jolt and Van.

Seth couldn't help but look northwards towards the Pokemon Centre. He wasn't sure if there was anything in there that would help René, but perhaps it was worth the visit? "You all know each other? I-I do not want to... uh... bother?" The Ninetails's timid query snapped Seth out of his thoughts and he immediately turned straight to the Fire-type. "Of course not, monsieur, you are more than welcome here. You are not a bother at all!" he said with a smile. He then took a step back and waited for everyone to get properly acquainted. He cast an eye back to the Pokemon Centre down the road. He had a bad feeling about René's condition and wanted to help the Ninetails before anything happened. He simply could not watch another friend die.
    Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Jay Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:33 am

([ooc: Sorry guys, but I have to skip sa;fa;fs can't do much because everyone's ignoring her. :c])
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Rustboro City | Morning 4

Van watched as Seth and Wayfarer had their little talk then listened to the Ninetales and Jolt had their talk as well. He sighed and nodded his head at the Ninetales, Bonjour mon bon monsieur. Mon nom est Van c'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer. The words rolled off Van's tongue like he'd been speaking the language all his life. He blinked for a moment as he slowly processed what he said.

He blankly stared at the ground, Um, I....I have no idea where that came from... The Salamence looked generally confused. How did he know the Ninetales' language in the first place? Did it have something to do with his forgotten past? Van was so confused and lost. He simply looked at the pokemon with nothing but confusion.

(Yes he knows French, but he's forgotten his past so he's really confused at the moment. Anyone can say something about it or not. It doesn't matter)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:04 am

Rustboro City || Morning | 4

“Yes, please do. I must say, Wayfarer, I am truly happy to see you again, and I am glad that you have made it through all of this. But I suppose I should think nothing less of you. You were, after all, one of my finest students.”

Wayfarer could do nothing but nod in joyful relief at his friend Seth’s acceptance of his apology. His eyes glinted in the morning sunlight as he raised up his head, while giving as best an expression of gratitude as his shelled face could allow. “Thank you.” He watches as Seth addresses Rene, and then follows him as he walks towards the city Pokémon Center. There was no doubt in him that Seth wanted to make sure the Ninetales was well--indeed, the fox’s condition concerned Wayfarer as well. Whatever caused him to have blood on his mouth was a matter that belonged to the Ninetales, but he felt the compulsion to help.

As he follows Seth, Wayferer notices the Murkrow still perching on the building they were all assembled under. He had caught her introduction earlier, the Murkrow stating herself as Blacklight, and had not gotten to greeting her yet. Stopping, he looks up to the bird cautiously and replies to her. “Also, greetings Blacklight. My apologies for not getting to your greeting so immediately.”

((OOC -- Cruddy and late post is cruddy and late :C I guess I may have gotten a little busy with some other things I am trying to write at the moment. >_>))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:36 am

Rustboro City || Morning [3]

"Of course not, monsieur, you are more than welcome here. You are not a bother at all!"

René’s face soon softened in a charming smile at the fire-bird’s response, pleased that he was to be accepted within the group. It put his mind at ease to know that he wouldn’t be alone – not anymore. Shuffling on the spot, his magnificent tails swaying slightly in the breeze behind him, the canine hesitated at first before obediently beginning to follow Seth and Wayfarer towards a building in the distance. Whilst he wasn’t entirely sure where or why they were approaching this construction, he silenced himself before he could concoct an accurate question.

“ Bonjour mon bon monsieur. Mon nom est Van c'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer.”

Turning his head to the large, dragon-creature, the ninetales nodded his head politely in response, eyes practically sparkling with joy. He was impressed. These pokémon had no need to speak French – he knew he was the foreigner in this land – and yet they went out of their way to ensure his comfort. It was humbling, flattering, as he gave another kindly laugh. But then, Van, as he’d called himself, seemed somewhat shocked, confused even. Frowning slightly, René peered closer in a bid to catch the salamence’s eye.
    “Are you okay?” He spoke quietly, his accent strong as he glanced worriedly behind him. The dragon soon responded in that he didn’t know where it had come from – seemingly surprised at his linguistic capabilities. René presented a lopsided smile, taking a step back; he emitted another airy chuckle as he regarded the creature. “It’s not a bad thing, though. It is a beautiful language, non?”
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Rustboro City/Morning (18)

Seth's eyes widened in surprise when Van started to speak to René in fluent French. The Salamence then seemed pretty surprised at what he had just said. "Um, I...I have no idea where that came from... " Seth had his own theories about the dragon's sudden revelation, but decided to try and calm Van's nerves by laughing heartily. "Some of the greatest of talents lie where we cannot consciously seek them," he chuckled, giving the Salamence a nod of admiration. Still, he had to wonder...

While René spoke to Van, Seth followed Wayfarer over to Blacklight. "Also, greetings Blacklight. My apologies for not getting to your greeting so immediately," the Accelgor said. Seth gasped. "Oh yes! My apologies also. I am Seth."

The old Blaziken waited until everyone had finished conversing and then walked straight up to René. He stared down into the Ninetails's eyes with a stern but concerned look. "Monsieur, forgive me, I know that it is none of my concern, but ... I am growing ever worried about that blood on your face." With his half-arm he gestured down the road to the nearby Pokemon Centre. "There is a Pokemon Centre nearby. Might there be anything in there that will help you?" He knew that he was treading very delicate ground, but more than anything at that moment he wanted to try and figure out what was going on with the French Fire-type. And even more than that, he wanted to help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm