Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+5
Mew
renegade
Negative10
Suicune
Nightfall
9 posters

The PALLET Team

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

The PALLET Team - Page 14 Empty Re: The PALLET Team

Post by Dandelion Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Pallet Town | Late Afternoon | 3

Khans voice was gentle and soothing, trying to coax the cat out of her stressful stake. And it was working. "-Nothing is going to hurt you. I won't let them, I promise." Locking eyes with the Lucario, an icy calm drifted through her. Something about this Pokemon gave Arsi the sense he could be trusted. Something about him felt.. safe. His long limbs, strong legs, even the sound of his voice, reminded the cat of something she couldnt place a paw on. It was warming and joyful. "Not going to hurt me.." She echoed softly. "One of our friends got ... got lost in that storm. Haze and I are going to look for him. Would you like to come with us?" Arsi's eyes were stinging from the first friendly gesture a Pokemon had given her, or she had allowed one to give her, in such a long time. Tears threatened to roll down her face as she looked into the beaming security in Khan's eyes.

Taking a pawstep forward, the Meowth pressed the side of her face into Khans knees. "I dont wanna be alone anymore, I wanna be with Khan n Haze." Warmth was radiating off the Lucarios legs, flowing through Arsi until she was no longer trembling. My mind relaxed, allowing clear thought to process in the kitten."I'm certain that you will be able to help us." Glancing up, her eyes were sad but light, fluttering with a flicker of hope. You remind me.. of my (human) family.. Khan, was family. "Ill try my best, for you Khan." She would, if she could.

Taking a step back, she was light on her paws. The Lucario had stood up again, barking in irritation at the Kangaskhan. Her ears refused to listen to them, instead they picked up the faint sound of the wind and of the leaves as they rolled across the ground. Blankly she stared, a confused expression on her muzzle, as the images from the noise behind her flashed in her mind. Khan looked back at her, his eyes still showing that security Arsi had seen before, when Haze piped up at him. Something about ra-- bink! A raindrop landed straight on Arsi's nose, instantly drawing her lips back. The low hiss from the spare drops made her claws slowly unsheathe. Heart rate picking up again, this was not the place for her. Little brown paws screamed for her to let them dart away from shelter. Instead, she let them jumped slightly at each drop that hit her. Haze was leading Khan away, and the Meowth hustled after them. Khan wont leave me, he wont. He wont leave. I wont leave him he wont leave me... I wont leave him so he wont leave me. Rain cant get me. Rain cant get me. Rain wont get me. Khan wll protect us. Khan will protect me. Khan wont leave.. She repeated the words to herself, desperately trying to keep her fear levels down.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Pallet Town/Late Afternoon (55)

Khan maintained a stern expression as Nora shuffled over to him with a dazed-looking Maxwell still cradled in her arms. "I will take care of my own children. I hope you would be able to say the same thing about you and your group..." she said in a low voice. The youthful dual-type regarded her for a moment, his expression unreadable, and then gave her a single, firm nod. "I can promise you that."

He jumped slightly as something warm and fluffy pressed itself into the side of his leg. Arsi had padded over and was nuzzling him affectionately, adding just a little bit more joy to his deflated heart. "I dont wanna be alone anymore, I wanna be with Khan n Haze." Looking up at him with bright, wet eyes, she added, "Ill try my best, for you Khan."

"I know you will." Offering the Meowth a friendly nod, Khan turned towards the cluster of trees where he had last seen Ken. Most of them had either been brought to the ground by the storm or were still on fire. "C'mon Khan," Haze's voice interrupted his thoughts and the Nuzleaf grabbed him by the hand. "Let's get inside. I found a large box with berries and other things. We should rest up before we go looking for Ken." Khan allowed himself to be led forward a few steps before yanking his hand away.

"No. I'm sorry, Haze, but I must go and search for Ken. If he is out there I can't just leave him alone." He shuddered again at the thought of Ken being injured somewhere, possibly dying, and calling out for their help and being unheard. "Please, take everybody else to these berries. I will join you once ... once my search is complete." He landed on his knees and addressed Arsi in a gentle tone. "You can come and help me if you like. Or you can go with Haze to a safe place and get something to eat. It's up to you."

((I won't let this 'searching for Ken' thing go on for long. It's just that simply letting him go would be horrifically OOC for Khan. ^^;))
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Pallet Town | Afternoon
    [41]

When Maxwell gathered his bearings, the Raichu realized that someone had disappeared and they had found another. I don't really know what I mean by 'they'... He knew he wasn't welcomed within the group, just as an outsider tries to reach inward. It doesn't work well, and wouldn't so long as common ground was not mediated. Attempting to get himself out of the hole he had dug for himself, Maxwell eased himself out of his mother's grasp and landed on all fours clumsily, slowly. He watched the Nuzleaf pull Khan (and inadvertently the Meowth) towards a building, and with a meek glance to the Kangaskhan beside him, Maxwell followed without a word into the household, sticking to the walls. He had no reason to stick around, nor a reason to live or to strive to survive. He had no reason to do anything, so why was he watching with pained eyes as Khan vowed to search for his friend? As Haze fell from exhaustion? He looked downward, staring at his worn paws -- the Voice had disappeared, but there was something off. Maxwell was forgetting something. No, he was missing something that he had come to accept.

He was missing the absence of emotion, which meant that he was feeling them at this very moment.

The shock of this revelation sent shivers down his back, and he started to feel these emotions with such an acute awareness it hurt. The pain of not being understood? The infidelity of teammates as he chose to care for someone labeled as 'evil'? The loss of childhood? The restraints of a stark black and white world? Not knowing if becoming a monster was the same as being one? All of the questions that went unanswered couldn't be answered because he was missing the one variable that would solve it; emotions, and the ability to emphasize with others. Breath heavy from the emotional exhaustion, Maxwell directed his eyes to the 'Arsi' and Khan, then bringing it to the one Pokemon that tried his best to understand his mother and he.

He entered the conversation with one sentence. "I'll stay with Haze, and you can look for your friend."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:32 pm

((OOC: Haze is asleep. Please skip me.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Pallet Town | Late Afternoon | 4

The inclosed space of the shelter had warm heavy air. It felt different from that of the open. It hung heavier, blocking most of the distant sound. Other then the noises of the Pokemon around her, it was quiet. Too quiet. The kittens ears were rotating, listening in for far away sounds of possible threats. Before attempting to drown out the voices of those around her, Arsi picked up the words of the strange-eyed Raichu who had yet to speak till now. Something about him made her pelt prickle, and the Meowth would make sure to stay well clear.

The tiny sweeping whooosshh beyond their refuge caught the cats attention. It was.. it was very faint. Arsi strained her ears to pick it up. The dim hum, or maybe a hissing sound. A sweeping or dragging. Like something was coming for- tunk. The cats body stiffened, the fur puffing up for the surprising sound of Khan's knee tapping the ground as he knelled to her eye-level. It had been intensified by the focus she put on her hearing, causing it to echo throughout her ears. She prayed that Khan hadn't seen her flinch.

"You can come and help me if you like. Or you can go with Haze to a safe place and get something to eat. It's up to you." He addressed her gently, but the sense of urgency and hurt in his voice was still present. Panic caused the Arsi's heart-rate to pick up at an alarming rate again. He's leaving me? He wouldnt leave me. Why would he leave me? No no no-no-no no. The thought of a previous comment drifted fluidly through her thoughts though. One of our friends got ... got lost in that storm. A dumb blank expression crossed her muzzle as she connected the points. The wash of relief only slightly relieved the ache of her heart beating so rapidly. "I want to go with Mr Khan, yes." She mewed, nodding quickly and padding closer to him. Some weight landed on her shoulders as she realized the formality she had used. Should I make that a constant? There was pain in her stomach: stress did not make for a decent appetite. "I had eaten.. earlier." She lied nervously. The thought of simply saying she wasnt hungry made the cat shudder. That probably wouldnt sit well with him.

She gave Haze a longing glance. To leave him with two Pokemon she didnt even know the names of yet made the cat uneasy. But she shook it off for her new objective. He'll be okay... Outside the shelter the air was lighter, noises could be heard from far off. Arsi's ears flicked at each one, intent on knowing the source before it knew her. "Which way are we going?" She asked the Lucario softly.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Pallet Town/Late Afternoon (56)

Haze appeared to have no objections to Khan's obligation to at least search for Ken, and the Lucario was grateful that nobody had protested. Not that he would've taken no for an answer, but it definitely made things easier. Even Maxwell seemed to have awoken from his slumber and had announced that he would be staying with Haze. Khan regarded him with a hardened gaze before turning his attention down to Arsi. The Meowth had announced that she wanted to go with him, stating that she had eaten something earlier. Although he wasn't sure if she was being honest, Khan couldn't deny that he was glad of the company. He made a mental note to make sure that she ate before he did when they returned.

"We'll meet up with you when we are done. Wish us luck." With a nod and a look around at them all in turn, Khan wandered off towards the eastern side of town. "Which way are we going?" Arsi asked him quietly as she padded alongside. "I'm not really sure," Khan admitted, coming to an abrupt stop. "I'm just ... going whichever way my conscience tells me to and ... hoping for the best." But was it really his conscience telling him that this was the best way to go, or was he truly clueless? Nonetheless he sighed and pushed on through the ruined town. "What a storm..." he mused to himself quietly as he gazed in combined wonder and horror at the carnage before him. Vicious fires burned around them, collapsing whatever buildings remained standing. Some were even crushed by trees. "What on earth could've caused that?"

Several minutes passed and they were getting nowhere. Khan stopped and sighed, trying to focus himself and calm his nerves. He closed his eyes and his expression took on a much more tranquil look as the appendages on the back of his head rose up. He scanned the town for any auras that resembled Ken's but found none. In the distance he detected the auras of Haze and the others - flinching slightly at Maxwell's red aura - but found nothing else. Opening his eyes again and letting his appendages fall, Khan looked down to Arsi with a solemn look. "I don't think he is here. He must've left. Let's ... let's go back to the others."

He turned to go back the way they had come, staring at the ground as tears threatened to make a comeback. It was surely the storm that had caused Ken to flee, but it troubled him that the Honchkrow hadn't come back to look for them once it was over. Was it because of him? Had his sudden temper tantrum scared him off, or made him feel too uneasy with the group to remain there? Khan was almost starting to think that the storm had done Ken a favour - it had given him a good excuse to leave.

((Just to clarify - they haven't actually entered the shelter yet guys. Haze was going to lead them to it but ... he's asleep? lol))
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:05 pm

[ooc: I never understood this -- but is it pronounced "haze" like the misty haze, or "ha-zay"?]
    Pallet Town | Afternoon
    [41]

Khan had left without another word to him, instead focusing on the task that he had set for himself. The Raichu didn't press the unspoken topic of his infection any further, his eyes trained on Haze with forlorn eyes. The Meowth -- Arsi -- had followed after Khan. That left only his mother, himself, and the fallen Nuzleaf. The silence dragged by to the point of near suffocation; Maxwell's voice choked inside his throat as he padded closer to the grass type on the floor. Why did he try to sympathize with him? He had proven himself many times over that he was bloodthirsty and purely evil, hadn't he? Why did Haze feel the need to defend him when Khan was obviously the more lively of the two?

Sitting on his haunches, Maxwell drew his tail around his paws and letting his tail-tip rest lightly on the Hoenn native. Time and time again, this little Pokemon showed nothing but heart and sympathy; showed that he wanted everyone to be on equal ground. Maxwell's eyes darted to the ground in guilt. Any other infected would have been ruthless. But what made him so special? Was it the fact that he wanted to be alive with every fiber of his body that the infection grew quiet for a moment? Would he become a monster at the very snap of his sanity? Would one spike in his anger unleash all hell upon his infected mind and body? Questions dragged on just as the silence did, and Maxwell could only bend his head in defeat.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:44 pm

((OOC: Haze is still asleep.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Pallet Town | Late Afternoon | 5

Arsi blinked her eyes at the light of the sky, knowing that it would be darkness soon and long shadows would be cast upon the ground. The pretty colors above would fade away, leaving nothing but dark coldness that could hide anything. "I'm not really sure," Khan responded to her question. "Are we heading off blind?" Her mew was questioning, not fearful. "I'm just ... going whichever way my conscience tells me to and ... hoping for the best." There was a hit of exhaustion in is voice, as though he really didnt know what he was trying to do. That losing his friend, Ken was it? they had said that a few times, was a hard blow on an otherwise strong Pokemon. "I bet he's alright," Arsi was being extra gentle in voice, "Any friend of yours will be alright. Even with.. whats at hand."

They carried on. Pallet wasn't the quaint town the Meowth had heard of when she was a kit. It was much more.. dangerous and destroyed. Every bit of rubble was just another hiding spot for the undead to lurk. A shiver ran through her pelt, causing her to bound a bit closer to Khan's legs. "What on earth could've caused that?" The massive storm which that had drove her to Khan still had its effects raging. Flames licked many of the buildings, fallen trees littered the ground in many areas. "I-it must of been one powerful Pokemon.. if it was a Pokemon at all." Another shiver trailed down her spine.

Khan stopped, the Lucario's eyes very distant. "He doesn't seem to be anywhere nearby.." The words were more to herself, hopefully Khan hadn't heard those in case he found them offensive. His eyes closed, and he did something Arsi didn't understand. It frightened her at first, to the point she backed a few paw steps away from the Pokemon, but she realized soon enough that he wasn't going to harm her. A bit less then patiently, she waited for him to complete what he was doing. Khan's voice sounded defeated, his eyes seeing even farther away then before. "I don't think he is here. He must've left. Let's ... let's go back to the others." She nodded, adding very softly, "If he's not nearby, then maybe he's far away.. He'd need to be alive to do that." It'd be easier if she knew what species 'Ken' was. "Even though he's not with you anymore.. maybe he's safe out there somewhere.... with other survivors. That horrid storm may of lost him, but that doesn't mean he's gone forever. It doesn't mean he's not okay." She thought of her littermate, how they had been separated. It happened so fast, Arsi didn't know where to start her search for her. "Like my sister.." The whispers trailed off her tongue as she thought aloud.

((I believe its the former, Nega :3))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Pallet Town/Late Afternoon (57)

Khan walked silently back the way he came, his head dipped towards the ground and his eyes housing an anguished and defeated look. He was still convinced that he was a part of the reason why Ken had left, and not even Arsi's comforting and surprisingly wise words could offer him much comfort. He merely nodded at the Meowth's words, his gaze very vacant and thoughtful as they neared the house - one of the few that was left standing after the storm - that he'd detected the auras of Haze and the others within it.

"Arsi, I..." Unexpectedly, especially to himself, Khan came to a stop just short of the door. While walking a thought had come to him, and he simply felt the need to explore it a little more thouroughly, and since Arsi was the newest addition to their bizarre little group, he reckoned that she'd be the perfect one to ask since the others had received a bigger sample of him before this - sometimes much bigger than he had wanted. "I ... can I ask you something?" He began to awkwardly scratch himself behind the ear as he gathered the courage to ask. "W-What ... was your first impression of me when we met?"
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:22 am

[ooc: Arceus, I feel so bad for skipping, but I don't have the time to write up a post right now OTL let's just say Maxwell continued to watch over Haze]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:06 pm

Pallet Town | Late Afternoon (33)

She could already hear the complaint from that lucario once he found out that Nora was not immediately next to her son making sure he didn’t cause trouble. But she needed to be away right now, mostly because she could almost feel that Maxwell would not cause any trouble at the moment, but also because she needed to find food. Food that Norman would be willing to eat.

She could see it, the glazed over look he got when the urge to eat was getting too much, soon he would be off the deep end and not know recognize anyone. If she was lucky, she would find a pokemon that has already been recently killed for, whether by forces of nature, or otherwise. But she knew that was very unlikely. And she had already swore off killing, he didn’t want to break that vow so easily. But really, she knew nothing else. Norman had not wanted anything other than meat…..

The only thing around that looked edible were some berries, not entirely ripe, but still good. Even before she brought it close enough for him to sniff, she knew what his reaction would be, immediate repulsion.

She sighed, Maxwell had made so much improvement, she really hoped that Norman would have shown similar results….

Though Nora didn’t give up so easily, because she had a burst of inspiration, to cover the berries in blood, hoping the smell would trick him. But he wasn’t taking it, instead just licking the berry as if it was the last ounce of liquid on earth. Getting his lips all red and giving him an eerie grin when he was finished. No success.

She begrudgingly covered another berry in her own blood and went back to where the others were last, trying her hardest to not show her disappointment in her face.

“Are the others back yet?”

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:23 pm

((OOC: Haze is still asleep. Sorry, I wanna wake him up soon though.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Pallet Town | Late Afternoon | 6

The pair walked quietly the rest of the ways back, each lost in their own thoughts. Images of Meowth's, each with a different looking pelt, danced through her memories. Their voices light laughter in a misty picture. Her muzzle made strange expressions and small sounds in a unknown attempt to communicate with them. Family.. Arsi could almost feel the warmth of her brothers fur, the smell of his pelt when everything vanished with a small trickling pop. It went dark for a few moments before current reality came back. Khan's voice clung to the air, something abnormal about it. "Arsi, I... can I ask you something?"

The larger Pokemon seemed troubled. Was he.. nervous? Hot embarrassment flushed Arsi's creamy pelt. Ask her something? He wanted to ask her something? What, what could he want to say? Her heart slowly began to flutter back into a rapid beat. Maybe the sudden break from her daydream was causing this in her.. The cat made her face look inquisitive, and blinked. "What's wrong Khan?" Scenario after scenario flashed through her mind in a matter of seconds. Was it about her collar? Or mayber her past? How strong was she? Did he want her to do.. something with him..? Or or or a love confession? Or heavens forbid a love confession and the former. We just met! The anxiety was making it hard to breathe for the kitten. Im chocking...

The Lucario bent down to her eye level, his nerves soothed as a eery smile and calm crossed his face. Khan's eyes fell to a half-shut stare, looking as delicate as a flower. Red flushed in his cheeks, "Its just that.. I wanted to be with you," voice smooth as butter. As Khan's paw came closer to her face, the redness over took him. His entire form turned red, radiating the color out to the air around him. No more form. All was a wall of red. From where Khan has been standing a large pair of fox-like jaws with no defined outline gaped in front of her. Arsi's stared down into their blackening abyss as the came closer...-

The kittens body gave a hard shutter as every muscle gave a spasm inside her. With another few blinks, the hallucination was gone. It had lasted only mere seconds but the surreal feeling still lingered. She was standing in front of Khan like she had been.. "W-What... was your first impression of me when we met?" Arsi felt as through her legs would no longer support her. She needed a catnap.. bad.

His response hardly calmed her nerves as Arsi recalled her first thoughts of Khan in her hazy memories. His eyes had been angry and violent, nothing like his current soft-gazing ones. She had been afraid he was going to strike her down. He doesn't need to know that. Though she hated to lie to him again, she thought hard on her true impression of him instead of the first. "You seemed strong, and powerful.. yet gentle..." She spoke slowly, trying to find the right words, "like you had a strong sense of justice and honor." Her lungs filled with warm air as Arsi was still trying to shake the effects of her hallucination. She would have to prove it was simply that, a hallucination, in her own way. Khan wouldn't do that to her. He wouldn't. Her eyes were light with honesty and exhaustion as the Meowth gazed up at Khan. Gently, she padded up to him, purring so softly as she pressed her side to his leg. "You remind me of my old human family. Very kind people with warm hearts." So far the Lucario had only shown her kindness in their time together. This was her impression of him, and no one could take that away.

((I can easily edit anything Nighty if its not okay.
    This post is kinda.. long and all over..))
    Growlithe
    Growlithe
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Growlithe Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:27 am

Growlithe was bored.

Bored, bored, bored.

This place was a ghost town, occupied with only memories of the joyous environment it had once been. The isolation was infecting the Harbinger as he padded restlessly down the deserted streets, his body almost entirely mutilated by his own fearsome flames. A half-shredded tongue lulled out from his mouth, left exposed by his lack of a lower a jaw. And yet, his youth was perceivable past all the horror. Through the blood-drenched, charred fur and the patches of raw, scabby flesh, Growlithe was just a child looking for a bit of fun.

He soon found it.

So many scents, all enticing the canine as he nudged open the back door of the building. It took a moment but Growlithe soon found them gathered together, sharing a melancholy air. He could fix that.
    “Play?” The world was garbled, distorted by his disfigurement. Attention locking onto the raichu, the Harbinger bounded over, excitement radiating from him as he pounced onto the creature. Tail wagging as his claws sank deep into the screaming creature’s flesh; the Harbinger only grew more excited. Those screams – it sounded almost like laughing. Yipping cheerfully, continuing to tear chunks off the raichu in a bid to provoke more of those delightful noises, Growlithe hadn’t had this much fun in weeks!

A fierce spray of blood greeted the Harbinger’s face as an artery was severed, the raichu twitching violently as the life drained from its broken form. Growlithe simply slung the creature into the wall, pouncing on it once more to evoke more of those joyous cries. But it stopped. The raichu fell limp, silent in a pool of blood to leave the Harbinger staring, confused.
    “Play!” Unable to understand why his playmate didn’t move, didn’t scream, Growlithe’s demeanour dropped as a pure sorrow befell him. “…P-Play?” He gave a whimper, nudging the dead creature with a bloodied paw.

Disappointed that his source of entertainment had been robbed from him, Growlithe had no more reason to stay. A sensation of guilt wracked his form, a pitiful whining leaving his forever-agape mouth as he turned to his audience, sorrowful. Tail darting between his legs, the bloodied Harbinger soon made a hasty exit.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Pallet Town| |Late Afternoon
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It had been months since she had escaped that city under the earth, and boy was Shiloh glad she did. The feeling of fresh winds and a gorgeous sun overhead had almost slipped away from her memory, she almost believed that she would never feel this way again. Her weary legs had carried her far from Orre, the hot desert sands no longer searing her feet as she emerged from the wasteland. It had taken long weeks of walking, climbing, and occasionally even swimming to reach this peaceful town, at least, that's what she had believed.

From the forest, she peered into the ravaged ruins of the land, her eyes catching sight of a group of Pokemon not too far from she was. 'Food!' Her mind shouts and screams at her body to race towards them, rending their flesh away from their bones in a feast that could last her weeks, but she stood stiff and still, not a single movement made. "No, not food." she whispered, shaking her head. Shiloh refused to give into the whims of the infection. "Not food. Friends." With silence, she gazed at the Lucario and what she assumed was a Meowth, her head aching to remember their species. She had seen many of the former in her contests, but only few of the latter.

Bundling up her courage inside, she took a tentative step into the town, her feet light and gentle as she hopped towards the duo standing outside a house, one that had faired much better than the others. Her voice was hushed and gentle, as if she were afraid she'd burst into fits of snarling and shouts. "H-hello?" she murmured, pausing only a few feet away. She wanted to make friends with these living, and with hope, she introduced herself. "I'm Shiloh, erm, it's nice to meet you?"

[OOC: Good to be on the team! <33]
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Pallet Town/Late Morning (58)

"You seemed strong, and powerful.. yet gentle," Arsi replied after a pause that lasted a few anxious moments, "like you had a strong sense of justice and honor. You remind me of my old human family. Very kind people with warm hearts." Khan felt himself tense up when the cat nuzzled his leg, no longer used to affectionate physical contact with others. Still, Arsi's answer had been exactly what he had been hoping to hear, and he offered the Meowth a nod upon touching the spike on his chest. "Thank you ... really. I ... I just think that first impressions are so important. I can only hope that I can continue to live up to your expectations ... that's my only goal in life now."

The Lucario reached out to grasp the door handle but was distracted by a timid voice from behind. "H-hello?" He whirled round and spotted a Lopunny cautiously taking a step towards them. Khan's jaw clenched itself together as he stared fixedly at her; the Normal-type's aura was simply screaming abnormality - infection - and he had to fight his initial instinct to throw himself at her and hack her brains out. Calm... His fists clenched and unclenched themselves as the Lopunny came to a stop a few feet away. "I'm Shiloh, erm, it's nice to meet you?" Still not taking his eyes off her for a second, Khan raised his hand to his chest and offered Shiloh a small, respectful bow. "I am Khan, and this is Arsi." Gesturing to the Meowth, he was deciding whether or not to invite her in for some food when a terrible scream from within chilled his blood.

"Sweet Arceus..." The colour drained from Khan's face as he recognised the scream's owner. "No..." Turning to Arsi and Shiloh, Khan barked, "Stay here!" before he crashed through the threshold with such force that the door flew off its hinges. Conjuring a spear with Bone Rush, Khan raced through the living room, knocking aside any piece of furniture that stood or lay in his way and arrived in the dining room ... only to see that he was too late.

He barely caught a glimpse of the Growlithe that disappeared out of the back door - his wet gaze was firmly fixed upon Maxwell's dead body. Unable to say a single word as the shock of the situation hit him, Khan's spear fell to the floor with a clatter as he dropped to his knees in front of the dead Raichu. His mouth repeatedly opened and closed itself as he looked up towards Nora, his throat simply refusing to form words. Looking back to Maxwell, a loud sob finally escaped from his lips as he let his head fall, tears pouring from his eyes as he cried silently for the death of his friend. He was a friend.

((Luluuuuu! :DD Also this harb attack made me so sad. T_T))

Last edited by Nightfall on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:08 am

Pallet Town | Dusk (34)

Nora never got an answer, but then again, it was hard to find the disappointment in that, seeing as she did not really care if they where back or not. And now she was just trying to find something to do to pass the time. Maxwell had been dead set on looking after that nuzleaf, which left her with nothing to do in this abandoned house. She spent all of a half a second deciding she wanted fresh air; she never really like buildings, she was raised in one by the Bates Caretakers, so being back in one made her feel suffocated. Being in one just gave her a bad feeling, that something bad was going to happen again, that any second someone was going to abandon her like they did all those years ago.

So there she was, leaning against the side of the building, trying to play with Norman to pass the time. It made her realize that this was the first time since finding Maxwell that she had had any free time. It was so full of excitement and perils, that it felt odd to have no fight or flight scenarios around. She decided she would need to use this free time to spend it together with both Maxwell and Norman, a family outing so to speak. Yes, she’d like that; finally a moment to spend with her sons, and just enjoy each others company.

And then it happened.

That cry, that blood curdling scream that despite never actually hearing before, was instantly recognizable to Nora. It was something that no mother ever wanted to hear, and that no mother ever should. But it was happening, and Nora had no time to think about what to do, she just acted.

Adrenaline was pouring into Nora’s very being, the kind of adrenaline that allowed one to do inhuman actions, the kind that appeared when one’s very life was in danger. And in a sense, it was. Her children where her life, and whatever that thing was that was hurting Maxwell, it was destroying her life. She had no time to run through doors, or find the room that he was in. She destroyed any wall that was in between her and her son. Regardless of any structural integrity.

But despite all this…she was too late….the room she came crashing through was already painted with the blood of her son. If she wasn’t so angry, she might have lost the contents of her stomach right there and then. It was his lifeless and mangled body that made her break down though.

She couldn’t help the silent sobs that erupted from her as she knelt down to hold her child. His blood covering her as she did, but she simply could not care, she just wanted to carry her son one last time. To see that sense of hope return to his face the first time she took him with her. To have him hold her back. To hear him call her Mother again. To have him hear her say ‘I love you’ one last time at least.

All that was stripped away from her in an instant. That bastard who did this took all the hope she had poured into her son, and just crushed it. She didn’t even get to see him grow up; no mother should have to outlive her own child.

Nora Bates gingerly placed her son’s remains back on the floor, she wanted to bury him, to make sure no other undead came and sullied his corpse. But she didn’t have time right now, any longer and she would forever lose the bastard who did all of this.

Nora got up from the floor and wiped the tears from her eyes, a look of pure rage replacing the sad state that she as in as she made her way to the back entrance from which the bastard left. Only now realizing that the Lucario was in the room also. Her hardened look softening only for an instant as she looked from Maxwell’s body to Khan, the realization that he would mourn her child also just now hitting her, before turning again to the outside world which held her son’s killer.

“Don’t….Don’t you ever turn you back from the ones you love. Ever. You’ll just regret it….”

And with that Nora Bates was gone. Charging through the trees nearby, looking for the one who took everything away from her. And for once in her life, ignoring the cries and protests from Norman as he rebelled against all the noise and activity.

((So for a while now I've been trying to find a way to write Nora off, i've been too conflicted with her and had been having trouble RPing as her. And Maxwell's death kinda gave me a good way to. But Damn. I really loved Maxwell....was really hoping for him to have a happy ending ;n; or as much as a happy ending as a zombie apocalypse could have. But it was really fun RPing with you all. Nora is going inactive, but if anyone wishes to Adopt her, may change my mind~))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Pallet Town // Afternoon (23)

Something had disturbed Haze's sleeping. A sharp, and yet unsettling sound. He couldn't quite identify what the sound was. Was it...laughing..? Have couldn't tell, he was still much too tired to make sense of it. Wh-who's talking..? Haze could hear the muffled voices of others around him. I...gotta wake up, now.

When he opened his eyes, Haze was still feeling light-headed and his eyes were still adjusting. "Ugh, my head." he said when he woke up. The voices stopped and now he could see his friends and a new Pokemon, but no sign of Ms. Bates or Maxwell. "Hey Khan. Hey Arsi. Who's this?" he yawned as he walked over to them. "Hello, I'm Haze." he said shaking the Pokemon's paw with a tired smile on his face. His attention then turned to Khan. "Khan, did Ms. Bates and Maxwell decide to go on their own?" He felt worried about them, but Haze knew that Ms. Bates wouldn't let anything happen to her children. I'm sure they'll be fine. he thought.

((OOC: Poor Haze doesn't know the truth and I'd feel better if the others didn't tell him about what happened to Maxie. Also, hi Lulu! Welcome to Drama Central!))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Pallet Town | Dusk | 7

"Thank you ... really. I ... I just think that first impressions are so important. I can only hope that I can continue to live up to your expectations ... that's my only goal in life now." Arsi smiled up at Khan with glossy eyes. "I know you can do it Khan, don't worry about disappointing me." In all the time they had been together, the Lucario finally seemed to be relaxed. But the bliss only lasted for a moment. Someone, something was approaching them from the distance. Its piercing red eyes turned the cats pelt to ice as she stared into them. The black space around them void.. dragging her gaze in. "H-Hello? I'm Shiloh, erm, it's nice to meet you?"

The small Meowths body went rigid, unable to move while Khan calmly welcomed the Lopunny with red eyes. "I am Khan, and this is Arsi. Her lungs asked for more air but breath came in rapid slowly increasing short bursts. Omni.. omni.. In a moment the oxygen ceased to enter her lungs at all as the air was cut by a bloodcurdling scream. Every hair on Arsi's creamy pelt stood on end as it pierced her ears, making her wish she was deaf. Khan muttered something before rushing off, leaving the cat alone with the Lopunny. the Lopunny with with, those eyes. "K-khan.. the omni.." Whispers faintly escaped her muzzle without a say from the cat. Arsi stared at the ground, feeling the eyes bury themselves in her skin and the torment to her ears. The screaming continued, sending shutters down her spine as she began to tremble.

Khan. Khan had gone to the screams. He was alone with the screams. With the scream causer. With with with some monster. A monster causing the screams. Dying. Dying screams. Someone was dying?? Screams of death. Arsi's heart pounded against her ribcage as it went rabid. Blood roared in her ears and her teeth chattered like mad as her body trembled on the spot. There was one last pain-filled cry, then silence. Silence that was bone chilling, that was deafening. She snapped. "DYING! Someone is dying! Dying screaming! SCREAMS of DYING. DEATH. Death they got him. They got him, they got him! The omnipresence got him! Khan! Die were all gonna die! Got him they got him they got him-" Arsi flailed about, twitching and making small jerky movements. The tag on her collar jingled against itself like cat-toy with a bell.

Hot. Hot. The icy feel in her pelt was gone. It was so hot. It was hot like, like fire. Fire. FIRE. Was she on fire? She was on fire?? "Fire!" The cat darted her eyes about her surroundings, images of flames surrounded her. "They've come they've come were all gonna die!" The hallucination induced flames were a rainbow of colors, making her head spin as the false smell of smoke choked her. It seemed to get hotter and hotter as the rainbow closed in on her, was she going to burn to death? "Going to die." Tripping on her own paws, Arsi fell to the ground. Her body reacted with spasms about the dusty ground in attempts to allude the flames that weren't real.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Pallet Town| |Late Afternoon

"I am Khan, and this is Arsi." Shiloh smiled, eye brightening. Names! The first step to making friends! "It's great to meet you, Khan, Arsi!" she chirped, waving a little to the Meowth. She suddenly froze, the sounds of screaming and the smell of blood intoxicating her lungs. "Stay here!" she nods, the Lopunny so desperately trying to suppress her bloodlust. Confused and with mild fear, she took a peak inside the house, glancing at the overturned furniture and a trail of blood leading further inside.

"DYING! Someone is dying! Dying screaming! SCREAMS of DYING. DEATH. Death they got him. They got him, they got him! The omnipresence got him! Khan! Die were all gonna die! Got him they got him they got him-" the Lopunny jumped in surprise at the Meowth's sudden outburst, her flailing only making panic rise inside the undead. "Fire! They've come they've come were all gonna die!" Shiloh's eyes widened in surprise, unsure of what to do. "A-Arsi?!" she screeched as the cat fell to the ground, the rabbit immediately at her side.

"A-Arsi?! A-Are you okay oh Arceus please tell me you're okay-" Shiloh's panicked babbling was nearly incomprehensible, flailing in confusion, unsure of what to do. "A-Arsi!"
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Pallet Town/Noon (59)

"Don’t... Don’t you ever turn you back from the ones you love. Ever. You’ll just regret it..." Nora's parting words snapped Khan out of the waking coma that he had been in; he was sure that his mind had numbed completely as he stared, transfixed, at the expanding puddle of blood that Maxwell lay in. Without another word the Kangaskhan was gone, no doubt out to find and punish her 'son's' killer. "I-I ... I won't." His words finally choked out of him as the Normal-type's bloodied tail disappeared out of the door. "N-Nora, I ... I'm sorry."

After taking a moment to compose himself, Khan gently placed his arms underneath Maxwell's body and lifted him up off the ground. He looked deeply into the Raichu's eyes before gently closing them; lying in his arms was the Pokemon that he had sworn to destroy, purely out of malice and bitterness, and just as he finally realised that they were not quite so different, a cruel fate had landed on them before Khan could even try to set things right ... to even apologise.

"Haze, come on." Khan's voice was frighteningly calm as he marched back out the way he had entered, barely giving Arsi and Shiloh a second glance as he passed them. "I'm going to go and bury him."

((You guys are all over the place with the time, lol. It's noon now. And Rusty, Nora never took Maxwell out of the room - he's still there.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:44 pm

((OOC: Aw crap. Ok guys I feel real bad about this but please skip me. I kinda lost track of what happened and I don't wanna sound weird or out of context.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Pallet Town | Noon | 8

The flames. The flames. Fire, fire. Fire! The rainbow of colors was everywhere. She was blinded by the clashing colors that were burned in her vision. Nowhere was safe from them. Even with her eyes shut the colors still lashed across her pupils. Arsi's cries sounded like that half between a screech and a gargle, unknown to her that they were even happening.

There was voices around her. Crying. Screaming. Yelling. Who was there? The loudest it was.. laughing? What, what was that? They were saying things that didn't comprehend as proper sentences, as proper words as the crackling of fake flames overlaying them. In the cabin the woods will see. What? Her blues eyes darted about desperately searching for an escape as the mysterious voice continued. Who see, who see, who sees the bumble bramble tree? It made no sense at all! "What does this even mean! What about the fire!" With a jerk of her spine the cat was again on unsteady paws.

There! A break in the rainbow. A spot of solid color, a dark brown spot. Yes, she could get out. Bramble tree Arsi! No, she had to flee this voice as well! Kicking off hard on her paws the cat leap through the air through the imaginary fire. It felt like such a distance though it was only a mere foot or two. The scorched feel to face was actually the pain from colliding it against the ground. Her body weakly spasmed in confusion as a new voice hit her eardrums. "A-Arsi?! A-Are you okay oh Arceus please tell me you're okay-"

Shiloh's voice sounded worried, like it should there was flames everywhere! She pivoted quickly on her toes until she faced the Lopunny. She was standing still in the flames..? The rainbows glowed behind her, pretty.. And, and, "A-Arsi?!" Bah, she was Arsi. But.. "What is a bumble bramble?!" She pleaded desperately to the undead, her question make as little sense as where it steamed from.

((Back to Noon we go!))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Pallet Town/Noon (60)

The second that Khan caught sight of the tree that Mew had created to be the resting place of Genesect, he picked up his pace. Ignoring all else around him, the Lucario marched forward, his strong arms cradling the limp form of Maxwell, his cold, unreadable expression masking the sorrow, confusion and uncertainty whirling about in his mind.

Reaching the tree, standing the opposite side of where Genesect was buried, Khan got to work. Gently placing Maxwell on the ground, he got down onto his knees and began to dig, tearing chunks of earth out of the ground with each powerful plunge of his hands. Panting at the exertion, Khan barely noticed the tears pouring down his face as he desperately worked to make the hole big enough; a strange part of him wanted to get the corpse of the Raichu out of his sight as soon as possible.

Once he was satisfied, Khan tentatively retrieved Maxwell from the ground and placed him into the hole, arranging his limp form into a comfortable position. After placing the Electric-type's little hands on his belly, he stood up for a moment and simply stared into the grave he had made; at the dead body of his nemesis. Just hours ago he had wanted this little rodent dead at his hands, so why did he feel remorse for his passing? Why did he feel the need to go through the effort and actually digging him a grave; giving him a proper send-off? He had no idea, and everything that he had been thinking about earlier still latched onto his brain: hundreds of unanswered questions; conflicting emotions; ignored prayers.

Khan didn't know whether Haze, Arsi or Shiloh had followed him, but at that moment in time he didn't care. After a few moments, he finally ended his silent eulogy and began to fill in the hole. Hurling the dirt back where it belonged, a single word shuddered out of Khan's trembling mouth: "I'm sorry."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:05 am