Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+5
Mew
renegade
Negative10
Suicune
Nightfall
9 posters

The PALLET Team

Anonymous

The PALLET Team - Page 13 Empty Re: The PALLET Team

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:20 pm

((OOC: Sorry skip me...))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Route 1/Late Afternoon (49)

Khan did not move from beside the tree even though he noticed that the sun was slowly starting to descend behind the tree canopy. A shiver ran through his body as the temperature started to drop. He tightened his arms around his body in a bid to keep warm. The wise thing to do would've been to go back to Pallet Town and seek shelter in one of the houses, but he always tried to keep his distance from human settlements since he always envisioned Eva being in there with him. If only...

He looked up at the sky again, desperate to receive even a sign that Eva was still with him even though he could not see her. She'd know what to do. She'd hold him, comfort him and tell him that everything was all right. But was gone; dead; erased from this world. He was the only survivor. Why me? With a soft sob he laid his head on his knee, wishing that someone would just reassure him that he was doing the right thing.

((Sorry for the false skip, I'd rather come up with any old random shit than to skip. I WANT THAT GOLD BADGE))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:19 pm

((OOC: Sorry skip me again. I can't think of what to write....I miss the others. TT_TT))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Route 1/Late Afternoon (50)

Barely a minute later, a deep, ominous rumble from towards the town awoke Khan from his thoughts. He raised his head, immediately alert, and gasped as enormous bolts of lightning started to explode from out of the darkening sky. Leaping to his feet, he stared in horror as the trees around him burst into flames and started to collapse. What's going on?!

The rumble was getting louder. Closer. Soon the ground started to tremble violently, and Khan was forced to drop onto all fours to balance himself. Trees toppled all around him as he trembled into a standing position, his mouth open wide with disbelief at the sudden onslaught of destruction. The others! The second he felt the tremours start to die down, he sprinted off back the way he had came. Hopping over a fallen tree, he soon arrived back in Pallet Town.

Pallet Town
    "KEN! HAZE!" Khan called his friends at the top of his lungs, desperately looking round for them. Buildings burnt themselves to the ground all around him, some of which were still being struck by the deadly lightning. Khan collapsed onto his knees and crawled forward as the tremours intensified once again. "WHERE ARE YOU?" But then, just as quickly as it had begun, the storm died down, the lightning ceased and the ground stopped trembling.

Gasping for breath, Khan wasted no time in this opportunity and sped across the burning town, trying to find the place where they had all been gathered before he had fled. Spotting a Nuzleaf in the distance, Khan picked up his speed and eventually skidded to halt in front of his friend. "Haze, are ... you ... all right?" he panted, glancing to the right and noticing that Maxwell and Nora were there as well. "Are you ... all OK?" Looking towards where the trees once were, a jolt of fear gripped him as he failed to catch sight of Ken. "Where's ... Ken?"

Please ... let him be all right...

((I recently read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in Legends Team II and it said that he unleashed a lightning storm upon Pallet Town, so I feel it's only accurate that these guys should feel it too. If anyone has a problem let me know and I'll edit.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:38 pm

((OOC: Sorry Nightfall but I can't post right now. I'm not near my computer right now...))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:30 pm

((You skipped Tryvex's turn, Rusty, he was out of the Safehouse. =) Skip me please, there's absolutely nothing for Khan to do. At least the others are back now.))
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:21 pm

[ooc: let's just say that he's been having seizures all this time lol]
    Pallet Town | Afternoon
    [39]

Somewhere at the back of Maxwell's mind, there was a nothingness. The Raichu was alone, the darkness collapsing onto him with a choking grasp; in this empty and barren psyche of Maxwell, he no longer felt anger, sadness, confusion. No more hurt, loneliness, guilt...

In the physical world, however, Maxwell's body was still continuing to twist and turn. His muscles moaned for reprieve, and his eyes flashed with hurt. His head snapped awkwardly to the side, his spine coiling dangerously -- his body was nothing more than a vassal of pain and torture. How long has he gone living without truly being alive? When would the gods take pity on him and give him a peaceful death? Was that too much to ask? I'm not the Voice, Maxwell. What? The stem of his brain burned as if the fires of hell had come upon it, and an unearthly roar escaped his maw. "Raaargh!" What was the Voice, if it wasn't that at all? ... I'm the Virus...

Endless whimpers soon followed, although by this time the electric type was gasping for breath. His eyes were blurry from the pain, and the tears that he had unknowingly shed. This thing -- this Virus -- it had been the puppeteer all this time, pulling at the strings. It was directing all of his hurt and confusion... towards those that deserved the dangers the least. Maxwell reached for his mother yet again, her blurred figure a small comfort that even now, she had stayed by him. He smelt fire in the distance and heard the cracking of thunder, but it was all too much, just too much. Was he going to die without resolution? Deteriorate to nothing more than a mindless monster...? "Are you... all okay?"

The Lucario had come back, but Maxwell's struggle was within himself. He was back in the shadowed emptiness, facing the darkness with a feeble voice. It's been so long since you've been infected... do you really think you can prevent me from taking over? The Raichu's train of thought flashed back to a memory so long ago -- memories that were once forgotten now came to him as if only a day had passed -- when his trainer told him of a heroic epic where the protagonist's determination and courage helped him get through the darkest of times... But this isn't a story, and there will never be a happy ending... Maxwell's body had grown frighteningly still, a force whose motion was taken away. A body whose life was muffled still.

... you're a monster, Maxwell...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Pallet Town | Afternoon (29)

Lightning filled the sky, the familiar electric charge made her think of the moments right before an attack, as if something was going to happen, very soon. She looked towards her son, Maxwell, for an indication, for he was the only electric type she knew. But although he was silently trembling, the electric mouse was not attacking, not doing anything basically. The thunder clouds receded, as silently as they came, but still Maxwell trembled and convulsed. Her instincts told her something was wrong.

She ignored the lucario coming back for now, and even his questions. Maxwell was in pain it looked like, and at the moment nothing else mattered. She drew closer, unconsciously wary that his condition had gotten exponentially worse all of a sudden. But she couldn’t just sit by as he suffered, so pulling Norman lower into her pouch, she went to her son without regret and laid a hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

Even if he would not talk about it, maybe even a single gesture that she was still there would help. Least that was what she hoped. She still had much to learn about being a mother, even now she has only grazed the surface.

"Where's ... Ken?"

Ken….Nora had to guess that it was that bird that had done damage to her back just yesterday. She didn’t even notice that the honchkrow had left. She was too busy being worried about her children to notice much….And although she could not summon much worry over the missing bird, she would offer to help find him if asked. Because if someone went missing and everyone else started looking for them, her family would be the first to be accused of the disappearance. So taking action would help their situation.

((really sorry if this is crappy quality, been still babysitting this kid, and.....it just emotionally & physically draining =.=))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:18 pm

((OOC: *head deasking* Ugh...skip me...))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Pallet Town/Afternoon (51)

While waiting for an answer from the stunned group, Khan turned his gaze down to Maxwell. The Raichu lay on the ground, his small body alarmingly stiff and his gaze vacant. Khan wondered if the storm had given him a fit - was he sensitive to bright lights or something? For now though, he gritted his teeth impatiently and looked back to Haze. The Nuzleaf was being frustratingly quiet.

"Haze!" he snapped as his nerves started to get the better of him; he started to tremble as he stared his friend right in the eye, his gaze unfaltering. "Where is Ken? Tell me!"

((Love how everyone's just like "omg massive lightning storm destroying the town! Also earthquakes! ...whatever" XDDD Also Rusty, please try to post next turn or else things are going to start dragging.))
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:18 am

[ ooc: skip! Maxwell's in his own world right now (literally hehe). ]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Pallet Town | Afternoon (30)

The lucario was still asking about his missing friend, it was understandable, if one of her children had gone missing, she wouldn’t have taken silence as an answer. She could tell the lucario did not want to lose a friend, especially not right now after having to face what he had, but to offer to help look would mean having to accept herself into a part of the group, even for temporarily. And was just not something she was used to, or even looking forward to.

Her family is really all she needs, all she ever really wanted. As long as they are safe, she could be in peace. Having to be in a group would just mean having to divide her attention away from her sons…..And in the end, she had learned that others just tend to abandon you, only family was the ever present constant.

The fact that these ones just happen to have helped her, and are friendly just makes the problem more….conflicting. Some part of her wants to help, but another part is telling her that they are of no problem to her, and should not be given a second thought.

Nora sighed and picked up her baby from her pouch. With all the attention Maxwell had needed, she had been ignoring Norman a bit….Helping them would mean having to do that more now….But he didn’t even seem to have cared, his agitation and fussing seemed the same as it always was. As if he barely registered that he was with his mother anymore…

That Ken was one of the ones who were most against Maxwell coming back, and that wanted her to kill Norman…So helping find that honchkrow would not benefit her at all. But…Maxwell help this group in high regards, going out of his way to apologies and try to make peace with them. It was like something was trying to force her to decide between the needs of Norman, and the needs of Maxwell by choosing to help out the bird or not.

But helping find the bird, she would help reunite the group that Maxwell loved so much, but at the same time forsake Norman’s needs and possibly safety at the same time. He was already barely registering her, who knows how much time she had with him before he completely forgot about his mother. But by abandoning the bird, she would possibly outcast herself, and maybe Maxwell from the group, allowing herself to focus on her sons from now on, but at the sake of Maxwell’s Happiness, for he would miss the only ones he calls friends.

“Maybe he just went to think like you did, and he’ll show up in a bit.”

Nora wasn’t ready to play the “Which child do you love more” game, she wished she would never have to decide. So for now she will stall, hoping things would work out for her family. Because really, Hope for her family is all she has left.

((OOC: Been(still) having a crap filled weekend, so chances are this post looks....all over the place and does not relay the way i want it to. So sorry for that >.<))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:54 pm

((OOC: Ok let me apologize for skipping. My girlfriend of 3 years recently broke up with me and I was depressed for a while and I couldn't focus on anything. Hurricane Sandy also put a damper on my spirits as well...but I'm back and better now. Sorry Nightfall for the dragging and sorry Tryvex for accidentally skipping you.))

Pallet Town // Afternoon (20)

"Tell me!" Khan's yelling startled Haze, so much so that he jumped a feet or two. The last thing he remembered was that he, Ms. Bates, Norman, and Maxwell were going to go look for Khan and then suddenly something blinded the young Nuzleaf's vision which was followed by a loud, booming sound which sounded like the waterfall near Fallarbor but greater! As soon as he got his sight back, Khan was already questioning him about Ken. Haze looked around for Ken but Khan got angry. "Please Khan!" he said cowering like a ball. "I didn't see where Ken went!" he said with scared tears in his eyes. “Maybe he just went to think like you did, and he’ll show up in a bit.” Haze looked at Ms. Bates and then back at his angry friend. "I'm sorry Khan, I couldn't see anything for a while. I was blinded. Please don't be mad and hurt me!" he said still cowering.

((OOC: Sorry for the short post...))

Last edited by RustyDino on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Pallet Town | Afternoon | (1)

Boom...The thunderstorm was finally ending..

The sky had been filled with dark clouds as the sudden storm hit. Lightening rained down, thunder crashing in its wake. The tiny Meowth fled in fright, the loud sounds were too much for her. A half crushed, toppled over garbage can: her refuge. She crouched inside, trembling like a frightened rabbut, until the storm finally subsided outside. Boom... The crashing roars were getting softer and softer.

Is it over..? The creamy kitten craned her neck forward, trying to see the sky past the dented top of the trashcan. One paw step, another one. One more step.. ccrrrttt! The noise echo'd throughout the tin can as Arsi stepped on a plastic food wrapper. It slammed in her eardrums, the storm was completely forgotten. There was something inside her refuge! Danger!

Launching out like a linoone, Arsi sped across the dirty streets of Pallet Town. Whatever was there couldnt get her if she ran. So she'd run! Everything blurred in the young cats vision. Corners of buildings, rubble in the streets, she barely managed to dodge it in her sprint.

She was going full pelt as her blurred vision picked up a blue blur amongst brown. There was something alive there. Something that would get her! Oh Arceus, Im running into danger not away! Though she willed it, her paws refused to slow down. A whine escaped her muzzle. She was going to crash into the blur shape.

((Hey guys~ <3 Feel free to do whatever you want to her, attack her w/e, or let her smack into Khan xD))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Pallet Town/Late Afternoon (52)

"Maybe he just went to think like you did, and he’ll show up in a bit." Nora's words offered no solace to Khan whatsoever. If Ken had indeed left to 'think' then that'd just make him harder to find. He could've been out there somewhere, half-crushed under a fallen tree or trapped inside a burning building. Khan felt himself shudder violently at the thought of him crying out for help and being unheard.

"Please Khan!" Haze then cried, clearly a little disturbed by his anger. When the Lucario looked down at his friend he gasped; he was cowering on the ground, curled up into a ball. Haze... "I'm sorry Khan, I couldn't see anything for a while. I was blinded. Please don't be mad and hurt me!"

Hurt me. Just those two words sent a dagger through Khan's heart. Whoever had plunged it in there laughed and twisted it through his arteries as he remembered that moment that he had lost his temper and swung at Haze in a rage. That timid little Grass-type, who had looked up to Khan as a friend, was now afraid of him. Khan found himself dropping to his knees, taking a gentle but trembling hold of Haze, standing him up onto his feet and staring deep into his eyes.

"Haze ... I..." The word was so simple, so common, yet why wouldn't it form on his tongue? Khan swallowed the large lump in his throat several times before he managed to get it out. "I'm sorry. I truly am. Let's..." Not wanting to remain within the grim subject any longer, he slowly stood up. "Let's go and look for him."

He cast a brief look at Nora and Maxwell before turning away. He stumbled, however, when something small ran into his side. Whipping round, ready to attack, he relaxed when he saw that it was just a Meowth. The poor thing had clearly been running away from the storm judging by the way that she panted in exhaustion. Looking into her eyes, Khan felt his heart tighten; she looked absolutely terrified.

"Hey..." How could he possibly have thought of scolding her for her clumsiness? Slowly kneeling down in front of her, Khan's voice was gentle and quiet as he addressed the little feline. "It's all right. The storm is over now. You're safe." Clearly this Meowth had been through quite a lot judging by the way she was acting. We have a lot in common. Being careful not to make any sudden moves, he slowly leaned forward closer to her. "My name is Khan. What is yours?"

((Mediocre post is mediocre. -_- Trying really hard to stay out of the safehouse lately.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:06 pm

Pallet Town // Afternoon (21)

Haze felt a tired hand on his shoulder. "Haze...I...I'm sorry. I truly am. Let's...let's go and look for him." The Lucario had stood him up with sadness and understanding in his tone. Haze still with tears in his eyes simply uttered, "Thank you."

As they were about to go look for the friend, Haze noticed Khan looking at Ms. Bates and her children then turned again to leave but suddenly Khan tripped and almost fell on some white fluffy creature. "Are you ok Khan!?" Haze said as he caught his friend from falling. Quickly he turned to the Pokemon. As it turned out, the creature was actually a Meowth, and a scared one at that! Huh? What in Arceus' name scared her..? She looked absolutely terrified. As soon as Khan regained his balance, he looked at the Meowth. "Hey..." he leaned in to speak to her softly. "It's all right. The storm is over now. You're safe." She didn't look harmless but the young Nuzleaf has learned that looks can be decieving, but Khan was lightening up to her. "My name is Khan. What is yours?" Seeing his friend trust this stranger, Haze decided to trust this new survivor as well. "Hello there." he said with a semi-forced smile. "My name is Haze. It's very nice to meet you." Haze sighed in his mind. He was clearly tired and all he wanted was a nice rest. Maybe a flute song could calm him and his friend. "Don't worry, we're not gonna hurt you." He held out his hand to help out the Meowth. Everyone needs help nowadays...
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Pallet Town | Late Afternoon | (2)

There was a gentle 'bonk' as Arsi hit the muscular leg of the Lucario. For a few moments she was disorientated, her head fuzzy. There was a voice, someone was speaking, but the words jumbled as the cat didnt focus on them. She glanced up and saw eyes of anger. Eyes of a Pokemon about to hurt her! Scrambling to her feet the Meowth stepped back a few steps before the fear paralyzed her on the spot. Trembling, she crouched so low that her tag was making a tingling sound against the ground. The Lucarios gaze had softened, a gentleness covered his face. Kneeling down to her eye level, he spoke softly, "Hey... It's all right. The storm is over now. You're safe."

She was safe? She was safe next to powerful, maybe hungry, Pokemon she didnt know. With the quickest flick of her eyes, the blurred shapes of three other Pokemon could be seen. "My name is Khan. What is yours?" He seemed sincere, but it could all be a trick. A lie! It wouldnt of been the first time others had deceived her. Another of the Pokemon came up and spoke to her, a Nuzleaf, "Hello there. My name is Haze. It's very nice to meet you." There was a tiny waver to his face, as though it wasnt what he was feeling. Arsi's heart was beating like mad, and if her mouth wasnt gaping her teeth would of been chattering. How could she trust them? "Don't worry, we're not gonna hurt you." How do I know thats true! The Nuzleaf extended his hand to her. A gesture of kindness? Or a possible threat?! Haze touched her softly, gently smoothing her ruffled pelt. It was so soothing.. It felt, almost surreal. Falling into a trap..

Forcing her jaws to come together, teeth chattering for a moment, Arsi's voice was very shaking as she tried to speak. "M-my name.. i-is Arsi." Her tag made a loud click against the ground, reminding her of why she was running. She was on her feet in an instant, glancing forward and back between the Khan and Haze. "E-everywhere, there everywhere! There w-was bang bang in the s-sky, and I ran and I hide 'n the sound followed. They followed to come get me! There gonna GET me!" Words toppled out of her mouth, with terrible grammar at that. There was no sound but she flinched back into a crouch. "The omnipresence is-s out there.. Her mew faltering, her blue eyes looked up to Khan for that kind look he had had moments ago.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Pallet Town/Late Afternoon (53)

"M-my name.. i-is Arsi," the Meowth replied, her teeth chattering together with small, rapid clicks. Sympathy blossomed in Khan's heart as he regarded her softly. You poor thing. The tag on her collar indicated that she had once been in human ownership, and when it clicked quietly against the ground she reacted as if someone had just screamed into her ear; she jumped up onto her feet and darted her eyes around frantically. "E-everywhere, there everywhere! There w-was bang bang in the s-sky, and I ran and I hide 'n the sound followed. They followed to come get me! There gonna GET me!"

"Hush, little one." Khan couldn't stand to see another moment of this. Arsi's fear was at its peak; if she continued this way, Khan feared that she might have a panic attack, or worse. Slowly dropping down onto his knees so he didn't scare her off, he held out his hand towards her. "Calm down. The loud noises have gone. Nothing is going to hurt you. I won't let them, I promise."

Those last few words he meant with every fibre of his being. This was not an encounter that he could just dismiss. This cat needed help. Having shared just a few words with her he now felt an obligation towards her - she had become another member of the group ... no, they were a team. A team of survivors fighting through this nightmare together, as one. Every member of that team, no matter whether they were strong or not, served a purpose. And Arsi, despite her almost schizophrenic fear of everything around her, had a purpose as well. We will uncover that purpose ... that potential.

"Arsi..."
    Khan addressed the Meowth gently, with a soft and gentle voice that he thought he had lost a long time ago. "One of our friends got ... got lost in that storm. Haze and I are going to look for him. Would you like to come with us?" He tried to force his flat mouth into a smile, but failed once again. Instead his eyes displayed the utmost kindness and sympathy that his mouth was incapable of doing. "I'm certain that you will be able to help us."
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:52 am

[ooc: I think introductions should go around before I bring Maxwell back in, so I'll skip one last time! I give Try permission for Nora to carry/move/etc Maxwell 8) ]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:14 am

Pallet Town | Afternoon (31)

Nora silently sighed, a new pokemon, fresh from the forest, who seemed as if she was just hatched this morning. Not that she looked young, but that she seemed scared of every little thing around her. As if at any moment something could attack her and end her life so easily. A few days ago she would have made the perfect prey to target for her child’s hunger. The one to pick off from the group, the one would get easily disoriented and get lost, making the kill come so much faster.

But that was behind her as far as she knew, and the only danger facing this meowth was of continuous fear of the unknown.

Someone as skirmish as her would definitely make a fuss about her two children. Probably start up the witch hunt all over again, something nobody wanted right now. Nora placed Norman back into her pouch, his protests ever constant, but she still pushed his head down lower, to keep him out of sight at least for now.

It looked like Khan was dead set on finding the bird, Maxwell was just being quiet…..He would start stirring though if she just walked out know, she could feel it. But maybe she wouldn’t have to choose, maybe she could do both? Both help her some find the lost friend AND give Norman attention and food that wasn’t just killed. She had to try.

Speaking of Maxwell, he was being a little too quiet. It was worrying her, mainly because she didn’t know what to do about it. She had tried comforting him before, and that didn’t really help, least not that she could see. But she knew nothing else, and it was better than nothing.

Nora gently picked up Maxwell and embraced her son a bit before going on to carry him. He was too big to fit in the pouch with Norman now, so that was out of the option. But she could carry him in her arm easy enough, plus, it let her cover his bite with her arm from the newcomer. Another thing she didn’t feel like explaining right now…. But it was nice. One of the very few charming family moments that she was gradually adding to her list. If someone were to see them, they’d almost forget that there was a zombie apocalypse right now, and only see a family just being together. She couldn’t help the smile that crept on her face at that thought when she set off to follow that lucario.

((Going through a bit of a rut with Nora, so sorry everyone >.<))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:10 pm

((OOC: College stuff is draining me and my time. Just skip me but just say that Haze asked Khan about what's gonna happen to Ms. Bates and her children, asking if they will join them and Arsi.))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Pallet Town/Late Afternoon (54)

Khan patiently waited Arsi's reply, but the Meowth was oddly quiet. He was about to reassure her that none of them would even dream of harming her when Haze stepped up and asked him whether Nora and Maxwell would be going with them. "What?" Snapping head round to the odd mother and son, his gentle gaze hardened. In all honesty he had almost forgotten that they were even there. While he had been alone in the forest he had thought about a lot but the lightning storm had disrupted all of that before he could come to a decision. His head told him that he should tell them to get as far away from him as he could, but his heart was telling otherwise. What would be better for ALL of us? Not just me...

Maxwell was curled up in the Kangaskhan's arms, still obviously having not recovered from his seizure earlier. Khan looked at them both for a long time, weighing up the pros and cons of allowing them to go along with them to search for Ken. Pros: there was safety in numbers and it gave them an opportunity to make amends; cons: Maxwell and Nora's baby were both undead - by allowing them to be in his presence without killing them fought against every instinct that Khan carried. Not only that but if Maxwell lost control again and injured or killed somebody, Khan knew he could never forgive himself.

"...All right," the young Lucario eventually sighed, "you can come with us. But," his eyes narrowed and he pointed an outstretched finger at them, "if any of you cause any trouble, then I ... I will not tolerate it!" He glared them all in the eye for another second before turning back to Arsi, trying to coax his gentle gaze back for her. This is for the best ... it is!
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:28 am

Pallet Town | Afternoon
    [40]

Maxwell isn't sure how much time had passed. Perhaps it was no time at all, and he had imagined everything. Or maybe it had been an infinite amount of time, and he had forgotten everything in between. He tried to reach outward to grasp for anything, but all that came was an everlasting darkness. In fact, he couldn't really see anything either; it was like he had been robbed of his sight, a minor loss as to when he tried to feel for his body. And he felt absolutely nothing. Maxwell motioned desperately to seize his neck, his chest, anything, but after much struggle he came to the conclusion that he wasn't there at all. It came to the point that he doubted he even had arms to reach with in the first place.

He was nothing.

The label was liberating, to say the least. He was nothing, therefore he could be anything. He was a blank piece of paper with a pencil in hand; he was the silent tongue with a million words at the tip of it. Maxwell was absolutely nothing, but he had the potential to be everything. Slowly, what he assumed to be the base of his neck burned alight with fire. The scorch subsided into a welcoming warmth, and from there that warmth spread to his entire body. His senses slowly began to spread, and his hearing returned first: "... All right..." It was an echo in the emptiness that consumed him, and Maxwell mentally reached for it. He was through with being nothing. He wanted to be something, he wanted to be heard, just as this voice was.

The sense of touch came next, and strong arms protectively wrapped themselves around his frail body. It was a surprisingly protective grip on him, as if the one holding him wasn't sure if he could feel it. Of course he could feel this strong hold upon him, but he wasn't complaining. The sense of smell exploded as the scents drew themselves into his sensitive nose, and Maxwell began to breathe again. Was he breathing? Were his lungs truly taking in oxygen? Maxwell's body began to ache, and despite sensing that he should open his eyes, he was content with laying there. Breathing... living...?

No, he wasn't living. Memories began to pummel into his moment of serenity, and a shiver passed through his spine. He had killed, and he willingly eaten someone else's skin, he had hungered for flesh.

But where was he now? what was he now? His eyes opened into tiny slits, finding a Kangaskhan -- no, his mother -- holding him. Maxwell felt himself being brought back to reality, as if he were being called from afar. His eyes drifted down towards his body, white belly fur with the oddest of bite marks. He was a Raichu. That much confirmed, Maxwell allowed his eyes to look at the others in the near vicinity, but he couldn't immerse himself into the conversation or situation. He was still coming back. Coming back from where, he wasn't exactly sure. He allowed himself to stay in the embrace, looking up at his mother in silence. His eyes expressed an unknown emotion as he stared at Nora, but the fact that it revealed emotion in the first place was enough for him.

[ooc: long thought process, Maxwell needed a slow transition back haha]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Pallet Town | Afternoon (32)

Of all the things that the lucario would do, he just had to voice her concerns about her joining them, even for a little bit. It just made things more….real, more imminent. Made avoiding the question harder, and forcing the answer to come out of her, whether she was ready or not.

Though she could have done without the threat.

She still knew things would not go back to how they were for Maxwell so easily. To the others who didn’t believe in those two like she did, they would suspect an attack lurking around every corner. And them being the ever present target of the suspicion. It was warented given the circumstances, but she would not be able to take it so easily.

“I will take care of my own children. I hope you would be able to say the same thing about you and your group….” Low enough to make sure only the lucario could hear. Him and possibly Maxwell since she was still carrying him in her arms, but by the look he had in his eyes, he was a little…spaced out right now.

She could easily tell things between her and Khan will not pacify, probably not ever. She just hoped she could make it through the day without another dramatic fiasco.

((sorry for the shortness, relatives came down for thanksgiving, and still haven't left, so not much time for myself -.-;))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Pallet Town // Late Afternoon (22)

He couldn't hear what Ms. Bates told Khan but he already knew that her answer would be a no. Haze, looking up at his friend after the Kangaskhan and her children left them, said, "I'm sorry Khan, I thought it would be a good idea if they joined us." Haze looked down in defeat and soon felt the tingle of raindrops falling on his pointy nose. Haze looked to the now gray sky. I forgot about the thunder before... he thought. "C'mon Khan. Let's get inside. I found a large box with berries and other things. We should rest up before we go looking for Ken." he told his tense friend know that the Honchkrow was currently the main thing on Khan's mind. Haze turned to the shaking Meowth next. C'mon Arsi, let's get you inside. We'll all catch colds if we don't. The rain felt like a sign from the Legends. It felt like a cold blanket covering him and his friends, telling them to rest for now, for they will have to face even more perils later. With a yawn, Haze took hold of Khan's paw and led Khan to the house where he found the trunk of supplies. So...tired... The young Nuzleaf, exhausted from the tension of quarreling, finally collapsed from fatigue and fell asleep on the floor of the abandoned house.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:24 am