Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+8
Grimsley
Feraligatr
BatEmmaman
Starbits
Kaze
Fern
Kitty
renegade
12 posters

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 Empty Re: (ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:22 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 UoOeshi

Laverre City|Morning

Conan did not like thunderstorms. He was so afraid of them that he would hide for a whole hour until they was gone. Being out in one alone was scary enough so it would tough for him to stay nearby an adult until it passed. “We’ll be back at the Boutique before the storm reaches us, dear. No need to be afraid,” The eevee wished he wasn't afraid of them but dealing with it alone is hard. It was so noisy that even sleeping was really hard as well. Hopefully the storm holds off until they get back. Plant had a more optimistic opinion of it and honestly Conan wished he had Plant's view on thunderstorms. Now that he looks at it, it does look pretty after it rains. Guess he never thought of that before.

Conan then looks around inside the house seeing a pot just sitting on top of the stove, not moving at all. It was strange to see it just being there. The air though had nothing that would say anything rotten or smelly, therefore the eevee moved towards it and there was a chair next to it and little steps that would be for a small pokemon. Conan climbed them and onto the chair, then he hopped up onto the counter and moved closer to the pot to see multiple pots in them. Guess that it was there to be placed for some reason. "Alirah, I found some pots!" They wasn't pans but they would do for the time being. Then he looked over to see a cabinet door with a keyhole on it. Though there was a paper on the door, Conan couldn't make heads or tails of what the paper says. Maybe there's food or pans in there.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:53 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 BLg0Vcp
    Laverre City || Morning || Plant 81

“I promise, as long as I’m around, nothing bad is going to happen to either of you.” Once his nerves had calmed the Snivy allowed himself to cling to the excitement he had gathered. It was hard, his smile worn and cautious as they moved around outside, but he clung to it with all the desperation he could muster. The moisture in the air didn't help, as the grass type was in dire need of sunlight, but he kept telling himself, it'll be alright. It'll be alright.
    The house they chose to approach was almost nostalgic to him. Though it was moss and mushroom covered, with wooden steps and an awning uncommon to his town, it was not unlike the old buildings in his own home. The materials were a bit different, the style changed, but the basic idea of the house was resonated with something long lost to him. Something that twinged inside with a mix of longing, sadness, and peace. “Okay, I think we’re fine.” Alirah assured them after a quick check, and the Snivy carefully followed suit into the house.

He had been in many buildings before, their basics all being the same, and though he didn't know which area was known as the kitchen he could tack the name on to the room the others headed into. Pots, pans, and cooking. Would there be food too? They didn't really need any but the child was curious if that was stored nearby. His own nest was just one big pile with the food shoved to the side, so, he really had no idea where other Pokemon kept things. "Alirah, I found some pots!" Connan called out from above. Plant blinked, seeing the sides of his discoveries and recognizing their shapes. He noted whatever details he could from the floor, and wondered, would pans be similar in size or color? With his thoughts occupied on the search the Snivy forgot his fear for a moment and started prowling through the kitchen.

Heading to the table he scaled up a chair with the aid of his vines and onto its surface. The top was scattered with things, none of which seemed like a pan, though a big bowl did catch his eye. Was it a pot too? Tipping it with his tiny hands he could see the inside was soiled, a grayish-black mass of something rotten having long since decomposed and dried out to its surface. He grimaced, the smell of old mold disconcerting, and let it go to rock back into place. The disturbance loosened several seeds that rolled free of their sullen hold, but the unexpected noise was enough scare him off the table.

Scurrying toward the cabinets at floor level he pried one open with tiny fingers, mostly to have a barrier in front of himself, but instead he noticed the wares inside. Pulling out something that looked similar to a pot he noted how light it was, and how.. full of holes it was? Putting the colander up to his face Plant realized he could see right through it, and panning around the room he could even see the others through the many holes. "What is this thing? Some kind of weird pot?" He muttered while trying to imagine the items in use. Fire would go through the holes, water would fall from them. Maybe it held berries, and the holes made it extra light? "I'll never understand what this stuff is for." He thought aloud while setting it down on the floor. Glancing back in the cabinet he saw more cookware, but it said little on whether it was the right stuff or not. "What about these things?" He asked, not daring to pull another thing out of the dark space.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:48 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 TsUcp2f
    Laverre City|Morning

Shadow enters the boutique unknowningly triggering the intruder detection that was set on the door. As he entered, he sees that there was food just laying there. He had a thought that the humans who used to be here must have left in a hurry and forgot to get their food. The Charizard walked into the next room to check around for anything that was hostile. Nothing was hostile. Shadow then heard the wind starting to pick up a bit as the sky was getting darker. His eyes began to glow a bit. "Looks like the weather is about to get bad. I'd hate to be out there right now." For the meantime until the storm is very close, Shadow would leave the door open just to let some fresh air in.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:01 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 Pgxl4hH
    Laverre City l Morning l (62)

The kitchen was musty and slightly chilly— combined with the dim lighting filtering through dirty windows, it made the scene absolutely uninviting. It was such a common sight now and how Alirah longed to be somewhere like home, where it was warm, loving and safe. Would she ever be able to make something like that happen again? Or was that just a fantasy of days gone?

The kids scampered through the room, looking high and low for their sought out treasures. With no other entrances besides the one they came in, and no warning signs around them of danger, the pastel Umbreon turned to the most immediate room to them and slipped into the door.

It was a basement, and heavy dust clung to each step on the way down, giving the Umbreon some security that she wouldn’t be asking for a bite as she rounded the corner. Her bright white glow illuminated the room and it’s contents as she sought out anything helpful— their goal might’ve been pots, but why pass up other useful items?
    It was mostly old blankets and pillows stacked in a corner, like some kind of post-apocalyptic sleepover. Some lanterns with their batteries long drained and a small book.
    Alirah pawed the leather black book open to reveal pictures. Dozens and dozens of family pictures all stored in a precious little album. She recognized these people from around Laverre, as she had become familiar with so many of the residents over time. She nudged the book closed out of respect for the owners likely long deceased and made her way out of the basement.

"Alirah, I found some pots!" Conan called to the Umbreon as she neared the final steps out. She emerged into the room and closed the door back, then moved to see Conan’s findings.

She held herself up against the counter with her front paws and brightened her rings once again. Her smile grew wide at the pots Conan was presenting and she pushed backwards to awkwardly try to clap her front paws just before flopping onto her butt courtesy of gravity. “Great job, Conan!” She praised.

"What is this thing? Some kind of weird pot?"

She then turned her head to the Snivy, following his confused tone to see him obscured by the colandor he was currently flabbergasted by. The very sight of the child with his head almost inside the item was too much for her to not grin at. “Nooo, that’s for draining things, or rinsing too. The holes let water fall through but not food.” She explained. “Excellent find!! We’ll take that too.”

Her snooping continued until Plant beckoned her over. "What about these things?"
    She peered into the cabinet and illuminated it with her rings. The cookware was still neatly organized like a remnant of history— untouched by the epidemic. She wondered if the owners had considered when stacking them so nicely that it would be the last time.
    “Wooow! What a selection!” She exclaimed at the various types of pans. Whoever lived here must’ve liked cooking. “There’s enough for us to take what we need and still leave some in case another survivor comes here in need.” She selected their ware wisely and stacked them into a leaning tower of pots and pans combined with their earlier findings. “It’s always good to leave things behind if you can. You never know who else is in need.” She pushed their goods to the front door and returned immediately: “Do you guys want to leave or explore more?”

(Y’all I about died at how cute Plant is in that post, oh my god. ;w; also I left the pots and pans ambiguous so my idiotness doesn’t write us into another “oh shit we don’t have that” corner lmao.)
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:45 pm

OoC)) Skip, Conan stays very close to Alirah as they are to make their way back. Permission to have Conan manipulated at a single crack of thunder to bolt to the door of the boutique.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:34 pm

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 82

“Nooo, that’s for draining things, or rinsing too. The holes let water fall through but not food.” It was supposed to let the water through? Though he believed every word the Umbreon spoke Plant didn't understand why you would want to let the water go. Weren't the pots meant to hold water and things? There had to be something he was missing, something he'd have to see to understand, so instead of arguing he simple took the colander in hand once more and made a mental note to mess with it later.

While his attention had been firmly set on one utensil Alirah had grown excited about the rest of the cabinet's wares. “Excellent find!! We’ll take that too. Wooow! What a selection!” An awkward smile crossed the youth's snout, the indirect praise enough to make his scales warm. As she dug out a select set, and he added his own single piece, the Snivy watched as Alirah moved their spoils closer to the entrance. “It’s always good to leave things behind if you can. You never know who else is in need.” Was that why berry bushes were never picked clean, or why even the most ravaged nest sites still had plenty of usable material? Plant had never thought of things that way; he wasn't innately selfish or anything, but with his small size he couldn't possible take everything for himself anyway.

As their guide hurried back to them she asked, “Do you guys want to leave or explore more?” Without realizing it Plant's mind was finally in a good place, finally distracted and free to make decisions unhindered by other emotions. The child wanted to explore and see what was in here, to let his free spirit thrive. The worry he had gained since leaving home could not be ignored, but his curiosity was enough for him to ask, "Do you think theres a blanket in here?" It was one of the few things he actually knew the name of, and while the nest of clothes he slept in was nice Verglas had shown him the comforts of a real blanket nest.

...Verglas. A single thought was all it took to remind the child of his loss, to remove the joy he had found in their mini-adventure. "I'm okay with either," he sighed, voice notably flatter as he tried to hide the grief he had been reminded of. They came for pots, they got pots, he should be happy...! But this place reminded him so much of home now, of the past, of something he could never get back. The small Pokemon's breath quickened as he failed to fight the new wave of sorrow. "Do we need something to carry the pots with..?"
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:09 pm

OoC)) Skip, nothing has changed with Shadow as he is waiting and watching.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:22 am

Laverre City l Morning l (63)

"Do you think theres a blanket in here?"

Alirah smiled. Maybe this was a task they had to complete because of her own negligence— but today had been a bad one. Seeing curious wonder and something other than sorrow on those around her was an entirely welcome change she fully embraced. “Oh, certainly!” Her voice was bright, excited even. “I know I saw some down those stairs. And there’s probably even more, humans love soft things, especially blankets.”

"I'm okay with either," Plant exhaled.
    She paused, unsure of what he meant until her earlier question popped back into her mind. The Snivy’s spirits had fallen again evident by his empty words and absence of that precious curiosity of earlier.
    “... We have a lot of time for exploring later. I think we should go rest and figure out dinner.” God how she hoped she was making the right choices.
    "Do we need something to carry the pots with..?" He mentioned.
    “Ah, right.” Alirah paced around the room in thought for a moment, and then disappeared into a neighboring room.

Emerging a moment later, she carried with her a medium sized blanket in her teeth and a plush velvet blanket over her shoulders. “I found this for you. It looks nice.” She gestured to the soft looking drape on her back. “And we’re gonna put the pots on this one.”

She made quick work of arranging the items in the center of the blanket and pulling all four corners to one place. Her small stature made wrangling the bag high enough to walk comfortably impossible but moving them was doable.

The Boutique grew clearer and closer in her sight but something was off— a small, key detail just subtle enough to notice if you looked for it.

She dropped the pots and her hair stood up in alarm. “Can you two do me a favor, dears? I’m gonna go check out the Boutique, if you hear anything from in there, find somewhere close by to hide.”

The stick had fallen.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:41 am

Laverre City|Morning

The wind was picking up and Conan had the very idea of what that means. Storm is getting closer but no thunder yet which is good for now. However the case was not always gonna last as the smell of rain was getting stronger. Wait, maybe Plant could be his thunder buddy. He liked storms and maybe just maybe, he'll get used to storms. “Can you two do me a favor, dears? I’m gonna go check out the Boutique, if you hear anything from in there, find somewhere close by to hide.” Was there someone in there? A thief? Maybe it could have just been the wind since it is windy and it looks like its getting stronger too. He hoped that the thunder wouldn't happen and he was hoping hard.

The Eevee looked at Plant while Alirah went to check on the Boutique and asked him something. "Can you be my thunder buddy? I'm scared of thunderstorms and the loud thunder is scary." Conan asked Plant. Honestly even if Plant did say yes or no, Conan would likely bolt to the Boutique as quickly as he could. He really didn't like storms that much especially after last night when it stormed most of the night. Right now though he hoped Alirah wouldn't have to get hurt or anyone since there seemed to be an intruder in the boutique.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:33 pm

Outside the Boutique || Morning || Plant 83

Alirah seemed positive there would be blankets here, a thought almost as comforting as a blanket itself, but Plant was still put off by his prior thought. He just wanted to leave, to get away from this place of memories, and the Umbreon seemed to pick up on that. “... We have a lot of time for exploring later. I think we should go rest and figure out dinner.” Giving a shaky nod of agreement the child made his way toward the stack of pots near the door. Maybe later he would feel okay enough to explore.
    Taking in several fast, deep breaths the child tried to calm himself. There was no point getting worked up; they got the pots and they were already leaving. Soon they would be cooking..! Something completely different to take his mind off things. Try as he might Plant struggled to feel that excitement again, and only the boom from the distant storm outside made any sensation within his breast.

He must have gotten lost within his mind as Ali came back draped in new apparel. “I found this for you. It looks nice.” Reaching a tentative hand out Plant gingerly brushed the plush blanket and felt a tingle go down his spine. Its so soft. His eyes widened; his nests of leaves and straw could never compare. She had searched for such a nice thing for him. Overwhelmed by the kindness he practically missed Ali's attempt to bundle up their spoils, something he would have offered to help with, but the Umbreon seemed to have it under control as they made their way back to the boutique.

Outside, the damp air was like a refreshing touch. It held a different smell than that of the old house, and was a new sensation in comparison that the child welcomed. Sure, he had had his fill of cold, dark, and wet for a good while, but he wasn't about to complain about the change of scenery. The sound of thunder could be heard again, and while it brought a tiny smile to Plant's maw Conan did not react as positively. Moving a bit closer to the Eevee the child tried to offer his smile to him like some sort of comfort or support. There had been enough bad feelings lately; Conan didn't need to add to that mess.

And then, it all seemed to stop. The sudden clunky thump of Alirah's bundle hitting the ground was enough to snap Plant back to attention. Had something spooked her, or did she stub a toe? Was the bundle just too much strain that he should have helped her with? He reached out a small arm, a hesitant, "Alirah?" squeaking from his maw as he attempted to ask what was wrong, but the Umbreon was on top of it. With a tense voice she gently but firmly asked, “Can you two do me a favor, dears? I’m gonna go check out the Boutique, if you hear anything from in there, find somewhere close by to hide.” The request was unnerving, and while Plant tried to look beyond the pink ball of fluff he couldn't see what had upset her. Uneasy, he only managed to give a small affirming nod and choke out a small, "okay."

Standing tensely in the cold, open space before the Boutique the Snivy could not stop his hands from instinctively wringing his wrists. He wanted to go after her, to make sure Alirah was okay and find out what had caught her attention, but for whatever reason his feet would not move. There was something innately uncomfortable about waiting there, about not knowing what was wrong or if she'd be okay, and it was enough to strangle the worried child as he stared worriedly at the empty door.

"Can you be my thunder buddy? I'm scared of thunderstorms and the loud thunder is scary."

Conan's voice nearly knocked him off his feet, unexpected as his focus was solely on sounds coming from the Boutique. Blinking to refocus his mind the Snivy didn't know what to think. "Sure," was the obvious answer, and he said it without really thinking. But he didn't want Conan to be afraid. There was little he could do to make things better- he was no defending, and not good at comforting others. Storms didn't scare him so he couldn't really understand what was wrong with it. He doesn't like the noise. Kicking a foot against the soggy ground Plant couldn't help but smile as he thought of the coming days when sunlight finally pierced  this gloomy town. "You know," he started, trying to keep his voice light despite his worry, "Thunder has to be loud. It's trying to wake up all the baby plants sleeping under the soil."
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:51 am

Laverre City Boutique|Morning

Shadow continued to look around the boutique trying to find anyone who was the owner of the food and stuff. However to no luck, he hadn't found a single soul. The Charizard went into the basement and like so, his eyes glowed like a wildfire. With no light source it would make it impossible to distinguish him from an undead. The fire type didn't find anyone down there either. Likely whoever it might be must be outside. Shadow made his way back up and it was then the wind was really getting stronger. It wouldn't be long before the sound of thunder begins to rumble. Just as he turned to look at the food, he spotted a pastel colored Umbreon. That one might be the owner of the food. Shadow didn't want to startle her and fight her. "Hello? Are you the owner of this food?' Shadow asked her as he shown no hostility towards the umbreon. In fact he wanted to help her if she's needing any help.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:43 am

Laverre City l Morning l (64)

Alirah’s little heart pounded in her ears. It was so loud it was almost disorienting for her as each step carried her further into the boutique.

She cleared her throat softly. She had not stumbled into anything, but it was almost certainly invaded by something… right? Or maybe it was just the wind. Yeah, it was probably the wind and she was just paranoid.

"Hello? Are you the owner of this food?'

She drew in a sharp gasp and stared down the invader in shock and panic. It was enormous, a Charizard she thought, and purple. God it was so purple and that sent chills down her arched spine.
    She growled loudly. With her fur poofed out, she was the perfect image of a Halloween black cat decoration— except, you know, pink.

Alirah took a few paces forward and sniffed the air. She wasn’t sure how she hadn’t noticed until now but the boutique air was still as clean and fresh as it was before. She stopped, her sharp glare fell and was replaced by a look of bewilderment. Surely if that were undead, she would be gagging right now… right? And it had spoken pretty sanely…

“Yes. Are you friendly?” She asked coldly. Her rings illuminated the room more to give her a better look at the creature. No signs of rot or injury… though that didn’t promise he wasn’t still a threat. “I certainly hope. My large band of allies will be returning shortly and they don’t show mercy to enemies.”

God she hoped that was believable. Her chances of winning against this creature were pretty much zero if it went that route… better to try to avoid a skirmish.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:22 pm

Laverre City|Morning

Conan wondered what was going on in there? What was Alirah doing? Yet he was trying to keep himself from darting into the boutique with the oncoming storm getting closer. Even though Plant had be nearby he did give Conan a small sense of comfort. "Sure," In truth Conan has never had a thunder buddy before. Guess this will be a first to get used to it. The Snivy then said something that Conan never thought of before. "You know, thunder has to be loud. It's trying to wake up all the baby plants sleeping under the soil." Baby plants? Oh, he means the grass and the crops that are in the soil. Maybe that would be something to see. Though if he had watched the strange box with pictures a bit more than playing a few years ago then he might would have heard that. This would be the best thunder buddy Conan would have and Plant is so wise on this stuff.

The Eevee started smelling more moisture coming and it wouldn't be long before the storm hits. He did hear thunder in the distance and it was closing in. Waiting for Alirah was getting kind of long and she should have signaled for them. Maybe she's just checking things out a bit more before calling them. Hopefully she calls them soon because Conan was starting to get nervous. The first sign was the movement of going back and forth as well as shaking in fear. Conan did not want to be out here for much longer. "A-ah, I hope Alirah calls us soon." Something did have Conan more nervous than usual. It wasn't the storm but the feeling of being out in one without any shelter. Then again he has Plant to keep him from running away in fear.

OoC)) Conan finally has his color code
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:03 pm

Outside the Boutique || Morning || Plant 84

It was quiet. There was something so uncomfortably quiet about standing in the cold in front of the Boutique. The moist breeze that blew through the town seemed to carry that somber feeling with it, a voiceless cry of a deserted city. Plant was accustomed to it; his own home town was abandoned with nothing but quiet filling its streets. So why was this so different..? Was it because time seemed to slow, as though they had been standing there so long they would turn to stone? Looking to his side Plant realized the reason was obvious; he had a friend with him, he wasn't alone in the town and he was expecting someone to come back out of the Boutique before him.
    He had others that he was worried about.

With his sidelong gaze locked on the Eevee beside him Plant noticed the smaller Pokemon's trembling and his expression softened. Was he feeling the same discomfort he was, or was it just the approaching storm still? He tried to extend a hand in comfort, but pulled it back as the Conan whimpered, "A-ah, I hope Alirah calls us soon." "Wouldn't she come get us?" He questioned, recalling that they were to run at the first sound. Looking even further beyond the Eevee Plant saw their spoils sitting abandoned as well. She'd have to come get those too, right?

And then he heard it.
    From their distance it was soft but the sound was an unmistakable growl coming from inside the building. In an instant Plant's body went cold, his pupils shrinking as panic washed over him. 'If you hear anything from in there, find somewhere close by to hide.' His mind reeled, worried and confused, but Ali's voice repeated in his head and commanded him to go. "Run!" He squeaked at Conan, darting away from the Boutique without a second thought for their pans, blankets, and meal. His legs felt soft, as though they would trip him up at any moment as he stumbled and ran, and the child worried he'd fall over as he bolted for safety. Gotta hide! But where? With his shaky legs threatening to give out on him the child did not get it far; making it only one building away he veered into the alley between it and the next. It had long since gone wild, the neglected forest town allowing it to sprout long clumps of grass everywhere in the narrow path, and Planted only stopped weaving his way through it when he passed an overturned garbage can. It was empty, thank the oaks, and upstarting trees and plants kept the cylinder still even as he crawled pitifully inside.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Laverre City Boutique|Morning

Oh boy, how many times has he heard that line that he doesn't believe her. Yet, she seemed to be think she could fool him. Shadow wasn't buying it at all. “I certainly hope. My large band of allies will be returning shortly and they don’t show mercy to enemies.” If there was a large band then they would have seen him before he entered. None the less, he wasn't going to show any hostility. The Charizard shown his tail to show that he is very much alive and not infected. After showing it, he then took a deep breath before breathing out and smiling with a honest heart.

"I'm friendly. I understand that trust is difficult but its not impossible. However I must suggest that if there are others outside to get them in. It's going to be rather bad outside very soon." Shadow said as he would rather wait till the rest gets inside before introducing himself. A desert dweller like himself even knows what the sky is capable of and for him, it is a gift that only happens at a certain point in the year. This place is more different. It might be due to it being on a more grassy terrain than what he's used to.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Laverre City l Morning l (65)

There was a moment of tense silence in the air. The Charizard seemed unfazed by the statement which either meant he didn’t believe her or his intentions were more morally sound than she was giving him credit for. Or option three, which was that he was exceedingly arrogant and thought he could take the entire team of her imagination…

She watched his bright, burning flame wave slowly, drawing her attention to it like a beacon in the dark. Her eyes moved quickly back from the fire to the creature’s expression as she desperately sought out any incriminating actions.
    "I'm friendly. I understand that trust is difficult but its not impossible. However I must suggest that if there are others outside to get them in. It's going to be rather bad outside very soon."

She looked the creature up and down once final time, for any trace of a wound or rot she could’ve missed and it was just… not there. Alirah was puzzled by his appearance but at the same time, she understood… from her bright pink fur to suffering from something similar to dwarfism, biology was an unkind mistress.
    “Right,” she stated flatly.

He wasn’t wrong, and that was frustrating. She couldn’t very well leave the kids in the storm, but bringing them near this unknown creature made her pelt crawl. He hadn’t yet given her any truly bad vibes other than spooking her, and if his intentions were good then what a powerful ally he could be… the potential in him was too great to ignore.

But she would watch him. By gods, she would watch every interaction he had with the children and even the tiniest of slip ups would not go unnoticed. And she prayed it didn’t come to that, because she’d die a warrior’s death before she lost the only ones she had left.

She turned on her pads and moved for the door, exiting into the damp morning.
    “Plant? Conan?” She called as she made a quick circle around where she’d left them. “Can we talk for a sec before we go in?”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:55 am

OoC)) Skip, Conan does what he is told and comes to Alirah.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:45 pm

Outside the Boutique || Morning || Plant 85

Cowering in the metal tube Plant could only hear the echoing of his own roaring heartbeat. What was in there? Had it gotten Alirah, should he really have run? His mind whirled with questions but Plant couldn't focus on any of them. He had done as told, but there was nothing safe or satisfactory about it. The smell of weeds, metal, and waste filled the alley, and though he didn't have the strongest sense of smell it was still worrisome to block out any unwanted decaying scents. Clenching his tiny fists even closer to his chest the Snivy was unsure if he had made the right choice.

A secondary wave of panic rippled through his stomach, threatening to make the child vomit as he realized he was alone. Had Conan not followed him, or gone another way? Peaking his head out of the trash can Plant squeaked the other boys name, but neither sound or sight of the Eevee returned to him. Oh no. What was he supposed to do?! He was supposed to be hiding, and by the trees he wanted to stay in his hiding place, but guilt threatened to drown him. How could he abandon Conan as well, why didn't he look back for him?!

Swallowing his fear the grass type dared to creep out of his hiding place. Calling out for the other Pokemon once again in the tiniest voice he listened for an answer, but Conan's voice did not return to him. Like a whisper on the wind he heard the word repeated back instead, along with his own name. What did that mean..? Everything in his head said to stay hidden and away from view but Plant couldn't; curiosity was too strong, and guilt for leaving the Eevee drove him to the very edge of the alleyway until he could peak his snout past the edge.

Even from his minor distance Ali's distinctly pink fur was like a beacon, and though her words were soft he could just barely make them out. “Can we talk for a sec before we go in?” He had no reason to doubt her or think she was lying, but Plant wasn't sure if he should go back. He definitely heard a spooky sound, but if Conan didn't run.. had he just imagined it? Spying the Eevee already by Alirah's paws he noticed the distinct lack of anything spooky. Had he just scared himself? Self-doubt beckoned him forward, embarrassment burning beneath his scales as he crept hurried with hurried steps to Alirah and Conan. Again, nothing seemed out of place, but unease still rested with him as he settled in next to the Eevee. "I heard something and got scared.." he admitted, unable to keep the truth to himself.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:15 am

OoC)) Skip, Shadow is waiting patiently for them while looking out the window at the oncoming storm.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:40 pm

Laverre City l Afternoon l (66)

Alirah spied Conan’s fluffy form approaching at her call. Peeking around him she noticed an alarming lack of Plant and the first words out of her mouth were of concern— “Conan? Where is Plant?” He seemed calm enough so she could only assume he was only still hiding. Still, the anxiety in her chest wouldn’t calm until both children were accounted for - thankfully, it would only be a few moments before Plant hurried along to join them and she could breathe a sigh of relief.

"I heard something and got scared.." The small Grass-type admitted.
    Her ears perked high and she immediately began trying to quell any shame Plant had over the decision: “No, no, you did perfect! I’m proud of you both!!” She praised them caringly before her demeanor shifted to become a bit more uneasy. “We do have a guest inside the Boutique… His body is purple like one of them but I can’t find any sign of death or malice…” She turned her head back to the boutique for a moment to ensure their new friend wasn’t in earshot. “He seems nice enough so far but keep your guards up. The only reason I’m not sending him away is because he could be very helpful to us…”

God, when did she become so cynical… she couldn’t justify it, but when trouble came knocking - and it inevitably would - she would need as much firepower as she could get on her side to protect what she had left. It was risky but strategy was the only way to combat their current lack of numbers.

Alirah’s eyes rose to the brewing storm in the sky and sighed. She hated this. Regardless, she turned on her paws and retreated into the boutique where the Charizard waited. She eyed him as she passed into the door and nudged it shut behind them.
    “So I don’t think we’ve formally introduced ourselves. My name is Alirah— or Ali for short.” Her voice was noticeably warmer than in the previous interactions with the newcomer. “And you are?”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Laverre City|Morning

Conan stood by Alirah as she spoke to the both of them. It seems someone was in there but the way Alirah spoke had Conan super curious. “We do have a guest inside the Boutique… His body is purple like one of them but I can’t find any sign of death or malice…” She said and this was really something he was curious about. “He seems nice enough so far but keep your guards up. The only reason I’m not sending him away is because he could be very helpful to us…” The Eevee wondered if he'll ask the guest why he looks so purple but the weather had other plans. Thunder started rumbling nearby and the sky looking as dark as the night. It was time to go inside and Conan ran in as quick as he could because he didn't want to be out in a storm like he was last night.

Conan went to the other room to cover himself with a blanket that was around. It was nice and warm for him to stay comfortable and muffle the noise. "Plant, lets make a fort!" The Eevee said as he was ready to make a pillow fort not just for fun, but to hide in case the thunder gets loud.“So I don’t think we’ve formally introduced ourselves. My name is Alirah— or Ali for short.” Alirah then asked when Conan overheard the umbreon speak. She must be talking to the guest.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Outside the Boutique || Morning || Plant 86

Wringing his tiny wrists nervously Plant couldn't fight the wash of embarrassment. Even though he was praised it felt silly to of run from, as far as he could tell, absolutely nothing. Ali was alone, not a new scratch marring her soft pink fur, and he couldn't see or hear anything that spoke of nearby danger. I'm not brave. Verglas would have stood his ground against a simple noise, but he had taken off running without a second to think about it.

But, the child was forced to put his feelings aside as Alirah continued, her words alluding to something much more important. “We do have a guest inside the Boutique… His body is purple like one of them but I can’t find any sign of death or malice…” If any single Pokemon in the world knew not to judge someone based on the purple marks, it was Plant. Verglas was patched with purple and grey since they met, but he was a good Pokemon through and through. Even during the worst of times the Snover had been nothing but good... “He seems nice enough so far but keep your guards up. The only reason I’m not sending him away is because he could be very helpful to us…” Pushing his small hands together to stop the wringing he nodded softly, and while he was open minded to purple marks the thought of an unknown Pokemon being inside was still frightening.

Again, he had to push that fear aside. Swallowing back his swirling emotions with a deep breath he carefully marched along after Alirah. Having completely forgotten what they were planning on doing once they got back he decided to keep close to her heels. She would have a plan or directions, he was sure of it. Following after the adult his snout turned and watched Conan charge off into their bedding area. The Eevee called to him, asking to make something vaguely familiar, but Ali's closer and louder voice could not be ignored. “So I don’t think we’ve formally introduced ourselves. My name is Alirah— or Ali for short. And you are?”

Turning his head to follow to its target Plant's pupils shrunk upon spotting the beast. Its purple figure was one thing, something he had already been warned about and was used to, but the species... Plant couldn't keep his eyes off the flickering flame. Firestarter. Whatever it was he knew the typing instantly, and the child was not a fan. His jaw parted, tiny teeth exposed as he took in a loud gasping hiss. His side twitched, the fading burn beneath his sweater recalling the pain he had once felt. Any plans of a humble greeting faded from his mind, and with his eyes still locked on the small fire Plant ran to where Conan had called from.

"Start with a wall!" He cried out, trying to hide the fear from his voice. Extending his vines the Snivy hurriedly stacked cushions and clothing to form a makeshift barrier. It wasn't quite what Conan wanted, there was no place to crawl inside, but Plant didn't care. Solidifying a visual blockade between him and the Charizard it was enough to keep his scales from crawling. They could build around that, but at least they were starting with faux protection.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:47 am

Laverre City|Morning

Shadow sees the umbreon come in with two young pokemon but when he looked at the Snivy, the kid had looked terrified of him. Well then that’s a great start. “So I don’t think we’ve formally introduced ourselves. My name is Alirah— or Ali for short. And you are?” The Umbreon said to the charizard. Shadow wasn’t sure what the introduction was about but it was best to tell his name to her. Living as a desert dweller was never full of introductions. Instead it was a constant struggle of being called an ancient reborn or a freak by other pokemon. It was a constant barrage of things that Shadow had been called until he was called Shadow by the pokemon. It was the way Orre was and always had been before the outbreak.

The Charizard then spoke up. "My name is Shadow. I'm from the Orre region." Shadow said as he looked at the Umbreon. What could she do with two children alone? Though he hasn't had a mate or children of his own, he learned from his parents through their example. "It seems the children are unsure of me. Its best not to pressure them to come out until they're ready. Either that or they know its going to storm." The fire type had looked at the storm as it was getting dark outside. Here it comes as lightning was flashing and striking the ground. and thunder was rumbling.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:19 am

Laverre City l Afternoon l (67)

"My name is Shadow. I'm from the Orre region."

She looked at the Charizard curiously. She couldn’t point out Orre on a map but an entirely different region had to mean this traveler had come a long ways. She wondered why, but each ache in her bones reminded her she didn’t care enough to open that can of worms. At least not right now.
    Alirah’s eyes drifted over to Plant, observing the children’s take of the stranger. Conan was off in the boutique playing somewhere, but the Snivy’s reaction was a lot less welcoming.

She frowned. I’m sorry for this. But I can’t protect you two alone.
    Plant turned without so much as a word and scurried to where the sounds of Conan’s play sounded from.

"It seems the children are unsure of me. Its best not to pressure them to come out until they're ready. Either that or they know its going to storm." Shadow suggested.
    She turned her eyes to him and glared without even noticing the sour expression on her face. Who was he to tell her anything about how to handle them?! She stifled a growl just before it was audible and composed herself before the plan was ruined at her own doing.
    “They are incredibly resilient kids,” she noted as she watched the two stacking cushions and clothes in what appeared to be a makeshift fort. “No one their age should see the hell they have, and yet they continue…”

Her voice lowered with each word, with each reminder of this cursed place and the things she watched ripped away, like this once beloved and magical little city was alive and wanted nothing more than to strip her of every last reason to fight.
    “So what brought you here, Shadow?” She inquired. “This has been my home for a very long time. I guess that’s why I never left. Also I’m not nearly as mobile as one such as yourself.”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:33 am

OoC)) Conan gives the pillows to Plant to put up the wall.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:54 am