Epidemic Johto

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 Empty Re: (ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Post by ShadowCharizard on Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:22 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 UoOeshi

Laverre City|Morning

Conan did not like thunderstorms. He was so afraid of them that he would hide for a whole hour until they was gone. Being out in one alone was scary enough so it would tough for him to stay nearby an adult until it passed. “We’ll be back at the Boutique before the storm reaches us, dear. No need to be afraid,” The eevee wished he wasn't afraid of them but dealing with it alone is hard. It was so noisy that even sleeping was really hard as well. Hopefully the storm holds off until they get back. Plant had a more optimistic opinion of it and honestly Conan wished he had Plant's view on thunderstorms. Now that he looks at it, it does look pretty after it rains. Guess he never thought of that before.

Conan then looks around inside the house seeing a pot just sitting on top of the stove, not moving at all. It was strange to see it just being there. The air though had nothing that would say anything rotten or smelly, therefore the eevee moved towards it and there was a chair next to it and little steps that would be for a small pokemon. Conan climbed them and onto the chair, then he hopped up onto the counter and moved closer to the pot to see multiple pots in them. Guess that it was there to be placed for some reason. "Alirah, I found some pots!" They wasn't pans but they would do for the time being. Then he looked over to see a cabinet door with a keyhole on it. Though there was a paper on the door, Conan couldn't make heads or tails of what the paper says. Maybe there's food or pans in there.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion on Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:53 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 BLg0Vcp
Laverre City || Morning || Plant 81

“I promise, as long as I’m around, nothing bad is going to happen to either of you.” Once his nerves had calmed the Snivy allowed himself to cling to the excitement he had gathered. It was hard, his smile worn and cautious as they moved around outside, but he clung to it with all the desperation he could muster. The moisture in the air didn't help, as the grass type was in dire need of sunlight, but he kept telling himself, it'll be alright. It'll be alright.
The house they chose to approach was almost nostalgic to him. Though it was moss and mushroom covered, with wooden steps and an awning uncommon to his town, it was not unlike the old buildings in his own home. The materials were a bit different, the style changed, but the basic idea of the house was resonated with something long lost to him. Something that twinged inside with a mix of longing, sadness, and peace. “Okay, I think we’re fine.” Alirah assured them after a quick check, and the Snivy carefully followed suit into the house.

He had been in many buildings before, their basics all being the same, and though he didn't know which area was known as the kitchen he could tack the name on to the room the others headed into. Pots, pans, and cooking. Would there be food too? They didn't really need any but the child was curious if that was stored nearby. His own nest was just one big pile with the food shoved to the side, so, he really had no idea where other Pokemon kept things. "Alirah, I found some pots!" Connan called out from above. Plant blinked, seeing the sides of his discoveries and recognizing their shapes. He noted whatever details he could from the floor, and wondered, would pans be similar in size or color? With his thoughts occupied on the search the Snivy forgot his fear for a moment and started prowling through the kitchen.

Heading to the table he scaled up a chair with the aid of his vines and onto its surface. The top was scattered with things, none of which seemed like a pan, though a big bowl did catch his eye. Was it a pot too? Tipping it with his tiny hands he could see the inside was soiled, a grayish-black mass of something rotten having long since decomposed and dried out to its surface. He grimaced, the smell of old mold disconcerting, and let it go to rock back into place. The disturbance loosened several seeds that rolled free of their sullen hold, but the unexpected noise was enough scare him off the table.

Scurrying toward the cabinets at floor level he pried one open with tiny fingers, mostly to have a barrier in front of himself, but instead he noticed the wares inside. Pulling out something that looked similar to a pot he noted how light it was, and how.. full of holes it was? Putting the colander up to his face Plant realized he could see right through it, and panning around the room he could even see the others through the many holes. "What is this thing? Some kind of weird pot?" He muttered while trying to imagine the items in use. Fire would go through the holes, water would fall from them. Maybe it held berries, and the holes made it extra light? "I'll never understand what this stuff is for." He thought aloud while setting it down on the floor. Glancing back in the cabinet he saw more cookware, but it said little on whether it was the right stuff or not. "What about these things?" He asked, not daring to pull another thing out of the dark space.
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard on Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:48 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 TsUcp2f
Laverre City|Morning

Shadow enters the boutique unknowningly triggering the intruder detection that was set on the door. As he entered, he sees that there was food just laying there. He had a thought that the humans who used to be here must have left in a hurry and forgot to get their food. The Charizard walked into the next room to check around for anything that was hostile. Nothing was hostile. Shadow then heard the wind starting to pick up a bit as the sky was getting darker. His eyes began to glow a bit. "Looks like the weather is about to get bad. I'd hate to be out there right now." For the meantime until the storm is very close, Shadow would leave the door open just to let some fresh air in.
Dazey
Dazey
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dazey on Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:01 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 Pgxl4hH
Laverre City l Morning l (62)

The kitchen was musty and slightly chilly— combined with the dim lighting filtering through dirty windows, it made the scene absolutely uninviting. It was such a common sight now and how Alirah longed to be somewhere like home, where it was warm, loving and safe. Would she ever be able to make something like that happen again? Or was that just a fantasy of days gone?

The kids scampered through the room, looking high and low for their sought out treasures. With no other entrances besides the one they came in, and no warning signs around them of danger, the pastel Umbreon turned to the most immediate room to them and slipped into the door.

It was a basement, and heavy dust clung to each step on the way down, giving the Umbreon some security that she wouldn’t be asking for a bite as she rounded the corner. Her bright white glow illuminated the room and it’s contents as she sought out anything helpful— their goal might’ve been pots, but why pass up other useful items?
It was mostly old blankets and pillows stacked in a corner, like some kind of post-apocalyptic sleepover. Some lanterns with their batteries long drained and a small book.
Alirah pawed the leather black book open to reveal pictures. Dozens and dozens of family pictures all stored in a precious little album. She recognized these people from around Laverre, as she had become familiar with so many of the residents over time. She nudged the book closed out of respect for the owners likely long deceased and made her way out of the basement.

"Alirah, I found some pots!" Conan called to the Umbreon as she neared the final steps out. She emerged into the room and closed the door back, then moved to see Conan’s findings.

She held herself up against the counter with her front paws and brightened her rings once again. Her smile grew wide at the pots Conan was presenting and she pushed backwards to awkwardly try to clap her front paws just before flopping onto her butt courtesy of gravity. “Great job, Conan!” She praised.

"What is this thing? Some kind of weird pot?"

She then turned her head to the Snivy, following his confused tone to see him obscured by the colandor he was currently flabbergasted by. The very sight of the child with his head almost inside the item was too much for her to not grin at. “Nooo, that’s for draining things, or rinsing too. The holes let water fall through but not food.” She explained. “Excellent find!! We’ll take that too.”

Her snooping continued until Plant beckoned her over. "What about these things?"
She peered into the cabinet and illuminated it with her rings. The cookware was still neatly organized like a remnant of history— untouched by the epidemic. She wondered if the owners had considered when stacking them so nicely that it would be the last time.
“Wooow! What a selection!” She exclaimed at the various types of pans. Whoever lived here must’ve liked cooking. “There’s enough for us to take what we need and still leave some in case another survivor comes here in need.” She selected their ware wisely and stacked them into a leaning tower of pots and pans combined with their earlier findings. “It’s always good to leave things behind if you can. You never know who else is in need.” She pushed their goods to the front door and returned immediately: “Do you guys want to leave or explore more?”

(Y’all I about died at how cute Plant is in that post, oh my god. ;w; also I left the pots and pans ambiguous so my idiotness doesn’t write us into another “oh shit we don’t have that” corner lmao.)
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard on Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:45 pm

OoC)) Skip, Conan stays very close to Alirah as they are to make their way back. Permission to have Conan manipulated at a single crack of thunder to bolt to the door of the boutique.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:34 pm

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 82

“Nooo, that’s for draining things, or rinsing too. The holes let water fall through but not food.” It was supposed to let the water through? Though he believed every word the Umbreon spoke Plant didn't understand why you would want to let the water go. Weren't the pots meant to hold water and things? There had to be something he was missing, something he'd have to see to understand, so instead of arguing he simple took the colander in hand once more and made a mental note to mess with it later.

While his attention had been firmly set on one utensil Alirah had grown excited about the rest of the cabinet's wares. “Excellent find!! We’ll take that too. Wooow! What a selection!” An awkward smile crossed the youth's snout, the indirect praise enough to make his scales warm. As she dug out a select set, and he added his own single piece, the Snivy watched as Alirah moved their spoils closer to the entrance. “It’s always good to leave things behind if you can. You never know who else is in need.” Was that why berry bushes were never picked clean, or why even the most ravaged nest sites still had plenty of usable material? Plant had never thought of things that way; he wasn't innately selfish or anything, but with his small size he couldn't possible take everything for himself anyway.

As their guide hurried back to them she asked, “Do you guys want to leave or explore more?” Without realizing it Plant's mind was finally in a good place, finally distracted and free to make decisions unhindered by other emotions. The child wanted to explore and see what was in here, to let his free spirit thrive. The worry he had gained since leaving home could not be ignored, but his curiosity was enough for him to ask, "Do you think theres a blanket in here?" It was one of the few things he actually knew the name of, and while the nest of clothes he slept in was nice Verglas had shown him the comforts of a real blanket nest.

...Verglas. A single thought was all it took to remind the child of his loss, to remove the joy he had found in their mini-adventure. "I'm okay with either," he sighed, voice notably flatter as he tried to hide the grief he had been reminded of. They came for pots, they got pots, he should be happy...! But this place reminded him so much of home now, of the past, of something he could never get back. The small Pokemon's breath quickened as he failed to fight the new wave of sorrow. "Do we need something to carry the pots with..?"
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard on Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:09 pm

OoC)) Skip, nothing has changed with Shadow as he is waiting and watching.
Dazey
Dazey
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dazey on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:22 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 Pgxl4hH
Laverre City l Morning l (63)

"Do you think theres a blanket in here?"

Alirah smiled. Maybe this was a task they had to complete because of her own negligence— but today had been a bad one. Seeing curious wonder and something other than sorrow on those around her was an entirely welcome change she fully embraced. “Oh, certainly!” Her voice was bright, excited even. “I know I saw some down those stairs. And there’s probably even more, humans love soft things, especially blankets.”

"I'm okay with either," Plant exhaled.
She paused, unsure of what he meant until her earlier question popped back into her mind. The Snivy’s spirits had fallen again evident by his empty words and absence of that precious curiosity of earlier.
“... We have a lot of time for exploring later. I think we should go rest and figure out dinner.” God how she hoped she was making the right choices.
"Do we need something to carry the pots with..?" He mentioned.
“Ah, right.” Alirah paced around the room in thought for a moment, and then disappeared into a neighboring room.

Emerging a moment later, she carried with her a medium sized blanket in her teeth and a plush velvet blanket over her shoulders. “I found this for you. It looks nice.” She gestured to the soft looking drape on her back. “And we’re gonna put the pots on this one.”

She made quick work of arranging the items in the center of the blanket and pulling all four corners to one place. Her small stature made wrangling the bag high enough to walk comfortably impossible but moving them was doable.

The Boutique grew clearer and closer in her sight but something was off— a small, key detail just subtle enough to notice if you looked for it.

She dropped the pots and her hair stood up in alarm. “Can you two do me a favor, dears? I’m gonna go check out the Boutique, if you hear anything from in there, find somewhere close by to hide.”

The stick had fallen.
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:41 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 UoOeshi
Laverre City|Morning

The wind was picking up and Conan had the very idea of what that means. Storm is getting closer but no thunder yet which is good for now. However the case was not always gonna last as the smell of rain was getting stronger. Wait, maybe Plant could be his thunder buddy. He liked storms and maybe just maybe, he'll get used to storms. “Can you two do me a favor, dears? I’m gonna go check out the Boutique, if you hear anything from in there, find somewhere close by to hide.” Was there someone in there? A thief? Maybe it could have just been the wind since it is windy and it looks like its getting stronger too. He hoped that the thunder wouldn't happen and he was hoping hard.

The Eevee looked at Plant while Alirah went to check on the Boutique and asked him something. "Can you be my thunder buddy? I'm scared of thunderstorms and the loud thunder is scary." Conan asked Plant. Honestly even if Plant did say yes or no, Conan would likely bolt to the Boutique as quickly as he could. He really didn't like storms that much especially after last night when it stormed most of the night. Right now though he hoped Alirah wouldn't have to get hurt or anyone since there seemed to be an intruder in the boutique.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion on Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:33 pm

Outside the Boutique || Morning || Plant 83

Alirah seemed positive there would be blankets here, a thought almost as comforting as a blanket itself, but Plant was still put off by his prior thought. He just wanted to leave, to get away from this place of memories, and the Umbreon seemed to pick up on that. “... We have a lot of time for exploring later. I think we should go rest and figure out dinner.” Giving a shaky nod of agreement the child made his way toward the stack of pots near the door. Maybe later he would feel okay enough to explore.
Taking in several fast, deep breaths the child tried to calm himself. There was no point getting worked up; they got the pots and they were already leaving. Soon they would be cooking..! Something completely different to take his mind off things. Try as he might Plant struggled to feel that excitement again, and only the boom from the distant storm outside made any sensation within his breast.

He must have gotten lost within his mind as Ali came back draped in new apparel. “I found this for you. It looks nice.” Reaching a tentative hand out Plant gingerly brushed the plush blanket and felt a tingle go down his spine. Its so soft. His eyes widened; his nests of leaves and straw could never compare. She had searched for such a nice thing for him. Overwhelmed by the kindness he practically missed Ali's attempt to bundle up their spoils, something he would have offered to help with, but the Umbreon seemed to have it under control as they made their way back to the boutique.

Outside, the damp air was like a refreshing touch. It held a different smell than that of the old house, and was a new sensation in comparison that the child welcomed. Sure, he had had his fill of cold, dark, and wet for a good while, but he wasn't about to complain about the change of scenery. The sound of thunder could be heard again, and while it brought a tiny smile to Plant's maw Conan did not react as positively. Moving a bit closer to the Eevee the child tried to offer his smile to him like some sort of comfort or support. There had been enough bad feelings lately; Conan didn't need to add to that mess.

And then, it all seemed to stop. The sudden clunky thump of Alirah's bundle hitting the ground was enough to snap Plant back to attention. Had something spooked her, or did she stub a toe? Was the bundle just too much strain that he should have helped her with? He reached out a small arm, a hesitant, "Alirah?" squeaking from his maw as he attempted to ask what was wrong, but the Umbreon was on top of it. With a tense voice she gently but firmly asked, “Can you two do me a favor, dears? I’m gonna go check out the Boutique, if you hear anything from in there, find somewhere close by to hide.” The request was unnerving, and while Plant tried to look beyond the pink ball of fluff he couldn't see what had upset her. Uneasy, he only managed to give a small affirming nod and choke out a small, "okay."

Standing tensely in the cold, open space before the Boutique the Snivy could not stop his hands from instinctively wringing his wrists. He wanted to go after her, to make sure Alirah was okay and find out what had caught her attention, but for whatever reason his feet would not move. There was something innately uncomfortable about waiting there, about not knowing what was wrong or if she'd be okay, and it was enough to strangle the worried child as he stared worriedly at the empty door.

"Can you be my thunder buddy? I'm scared of thunderstorms and the loud thunder is scary."

Conan's voice nearly knocked him off his feet, unexpected as his focus was solely on sounds coming from the Boutique. Blinking to refocus his mind the Snivy didn't know what to think. "Sure," was the obvious answer, and he said it without really thinking. But he didn't want Conan to be afraid. There was little he could do to make things better- he was no defending, and not good at comforting others. Storms didn't scare him so he couldn't really understand what was wrong with it. He doesn't like the noise. Kicking a foot against the soggy ground Plant couldn't help but smile as he thought of the coming days when sunlight finally pierced  this gloomy town. "You know," he started, trying to keep his voice light despite his worry, "Thunder has to be loud. It's trying to wake up all the baby plants sleeping under the soil."
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard on Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:51 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 12 TsUcp2f

Laverre City Boutique|Morning

Shadow continued to look around the boutique trying to find anyone who was the owner of the food and stuff. However to no luck, he hadn't found a single soul. The Charizard went into the basement and like so, his eyes glowed like a wildfire. With no light source it would make it impossible to distinguish him from an undead. The fire type didn't find anyone down there either. Likely whoever it might be must be outside. Shadow made his way back up and it was then the wind was really getting stronger. It wouldn't be long before the sound of thunder begins to rumble. Just as he turned to look at the food, he spotted a pastel colored Umbreon. That one might be the owner of the food. Shadow didn't want to startle her and fight her. "Hello? Are you the owner of this food?' Shadow asked her as he shown no hostility towards the umbreon. In fact he wanted to help her if she's needing any help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:23 am