Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+8
Grimsley
Feraligatr
BatEmmaman
Starbits
Kaze
Fern
Kitty
renegade
12 posters

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 11 Empty Re: (ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri May 08, 2020 8:14 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 11 UoOeshi

Laverre City|Morning

Something was amiss. Hide nor Kaneki wasn't around from what Plant said. There was no way that they could have just upped and vanished could they? Conan could only assumed they got lost and left them without saying goodbye. Even then they’ll meet again someday. For now its him, Alirah and Plant. Conan always wanted to have fun with Plant but this wasn’t the time. As it was, it did feel like it was about to rain and storm again. Thunderstorms did kind of scare Conan somewhat but nothing was more terrifying than the undead. If they came towards him, Alirah would protect him from the undead. Still, he had felt like Plant, feeling sad about losing someone. His mother and father who was bit by an undead.

Conan then thought about food. Breakfast would make things better and what better way than to eat with those who care. “Maybe they got lost out in the fog? They might come back if we make something yummy for them to return.” The Eevee said as he thought about his days back at the ranch. It always worked with him and his father, it should work for Kaneki and Hide.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue May 12, 2020 6:29 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 11 BLg0Vcp
    Laverre City || Morning || Plant 73

Plant tried to get a hold of himself. He really did, but the tears kept flowing endlessly as his breath was overtaken by mucus. “No, not yet,” Alirah spoke with the sweetest voice, her words soothing despite the discomfort Plant was filled with. “I’m sure they’ll be along soon.” He couldn't pull his eyes away from the ground. Wringing his wrists Plant wondered, had they gone looking for him? Sure, he had been with Kaneki, but the Spectreon was nowhere to be seen when he awoke. The Umbreon wasn't blaming him.. but was it really his fault? Had Kaneki been searching and recruited Hide to help before losing their way? His small hands worked harder, his wrists starting to burn from the working. Where they out there now, calling his name in an empty city? Should he be searching and doing his part to bring them home? The Snivy practically chocked on his own spit. He didn't have the energy for that.

“We will go look for them once the fog lifts if they aren’t back by then, okay, you two?” Again, Ali exuded nothing but kindness, her words seeping into Plant's small bones as he tried to get his breathing under control. They were safe here. They were together. Once the sun burned off the fog they would go searching. Everything would be alright. With a couple of weak nods the child agreed. Wiping his eyes clear he mumbled a small, "Alright," before making his way back on to shaky feet. Taking in a deep breath he let it go with a rattling exhale. With several hard blinks he tried to will the tears away from his eyes and calm himself. Everything will be fine.

But what would happen until then? Picking his eyes off the floor his gaze immediately fell upon the nest of clothing he had slept in the night before. Verglas. Would it still smell like him? Plant staggered forward, the feeble hope too powerful to ignore, but his small steps brought a sudden and violent lightheaded spell. As he forced himself to calm down and walk in the present Plant's body caught up with his mind. After the whining, running, fighting, digging, crying, sobbing, and placating he was just so tired. Taking a fourth step he felt an overwhelming exhaustion and stopped step in his tracks. He had fallen asleep or something. Why was he so overly tired?

With his mind reeling he almost didn't hear Conan's suggestion. “They might come back if we make something yummy for them to return.” Food? His stomach was completely in knots; there was no way he could think about eating right now. Even with how drained he was the thought of eating made him more sick than hungry. I dont want food. He wanted to whine and cry again, but he was just too tired. He hadn't the energy to fight it, and instead just gingerly pointed to the pile of morels he had collected early. That seemed like so long ago now. "We could use those." He sighed, voice about as drained as he was. It wasn't much, but that meager offering was about all he could handle right now.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Fri May 15, 2020 12:37 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 11 Pgxl4hH
    Laverre City l Morning l (55)

I’m sorry I can’t do more.

What a gift it would’ve been to take away all of someone’s pain. She would’ve given anything to have even the tiniest bit of that power, but instead she was doomed to watch others around her suffer while being able to contribute hardly anything.

She awed at the young Grass-type, seeming to steel himself mentally and force away his weeping. My god, what strength. She would be a blubbering mess right now and making zero effort to stop. Those growing up in the new world seemed to make resilience their norm, even as children. What choice do they have? So much suffering…

“They might come back if we make something yummy for them to return.” Conan piped up, bringing Ali’s attention to their surplus of food they’d gathered.
    At least between the three, they wouldn’t have to venture for a long time to get food…
    “Maybe so, Conan. Good idea,” she played along. She wasn’t willing to break it to the child that if their friends had disappeared and didn’t return, a meal probably wouldn’t be enough to solve whatever forced them away.
    Plant gestured to the mushrooms collected in the floor. She could’ve laughed at the sweet memory of better times, only just hours before. Everyone was happy… ish. "We could use those." The Snivy said on a voice absolutely empty of energy and life.
    She nodded at the suggestion. “We will. We just have to find a way to cook them now that Grim is gone,” Alirah sighed. “But that’s okay, just leave it to me. You two don’t have to worry about a thing.”

She could practically feel the pressure inherited to her now and it was crushing. She wasn’t sure she could protect herself, much less these two kids. But I will die before something takes them.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon May 18, 2020 7:22 pm

OoC)) Skip, Conan brings the things to Alirah and tries to help Plant get a smile again.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri May 22, 2020 4:31 pm

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 74

“We will. We just have to find a way to cook them now that Grim is gone.” Cook them. Cook them? Plant blinked his round eyes slow and thoughtfully. What did that mean? What was cook? He had heard that word before when Verglas talked about Oran 'brayed' but he had never seen one. They mentioned it earlier when they were getting foodstuffs, but his morels were all he really recognized from their spoils. Was it a plant or food thing, or did they need to leave them somewhere like when he dried grasses for his bedding? But they taste best fresh. Sure, dried mushrooms were good too but they never beat the fresh ones that were juicy and soft.

Whatever it was Alirah seemed sad about it. Her voice trailed, like this was something difficult. We needed Grim? What made him different, or able to do something they couldn't? Was it just the extra set of hands, or maybe having another big Pokemon around? Wringing his wrists again the Snivy truly did not understand. A feeling of loss slammed him again, fresh and pure as he was reminded Verglas was not by his side to explain all these foreign things. What was he supposed to do. What could he do? He didn't know these things and no longer had that comforting guiding hand to help him. “But that’s okay, just leave it to me. You two don’t have to worry about a thing.”

Ali. She said not to worry. She made him feel better when he only wanted to cry. She had done so much more than he deserved. It was almost familiar, almost akin to a feeling long lost, but the Snivy pushed that thought away for the present. Right now, he needed help. No one could replace Verglas but the Snivy was not capable of doing this on his own right now. Not yet, not so soon. Maybe, just maybe, he could ask her about the things he wanted to know. Maybe her kindness would help guide him until he could walk on his own. "Ali?" He started tensely, his small hands still working his wrists as he turned to face her for his question. "What is cook?" It felt silly, embarrassment burning under his scales. How long had it been since he was home? Back there, he did everything on his own. He cared for, fed, and just took care of himself. All these new things he was being exposed to, did he need them? What he use this knowledge? Curiosity said yes, but for the self-sufficient Pokemon it was humiliating to be so out of the loop.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon May 25, 2020 11:34 pm

Laverre City l Morning l (56)

She hadn’t realized until now how difficult this would be.

Without a source of fire, there was no way to heat up food. No way to warm the Boutique on the most unforgivingly cold nights. But wait— if she could make fire, how could she control it?! What if it got out of control and burnt down their shelter? What if the Boutique had to be reinforced again? She didn’t know how to do that! Where would she even get materials?

Her racing thoughts dizzied her in panic. She swayed a little but steeled herself just as quickly; she couldn’t let the two youngsters know how badly the adult was freaking out. Just take it one thing at a time… She took in a deep breath and let her eyes crawl across her surroundings. The Boutique is in good standing for the moment. As long as we don’t draw attention to ourselves, we should be pretty okay. As for the fire… that would take some ingenuity that she was too stressed to deal with right now.

"Ali?"

The soft voice made her jump, somehow in her thoughts she completely forgot she wasn’t alone. She turned to look at the tiny Grass-type, softly responding, “Yes, Plant?”
    His small hands fidgeted awkwardly. "What is cook?"

She stared for a brief moment, taken aback by the sweetly innocent question. She hadn’t even considered the possibility of the children not knowing about the concept. “Well, most of the time it’s when people or Pokémon take a food item and warm it up, or sometimes make it colder. Some things taste a lot better when you do, or even become safe to eat when it wasn’t before,” she explained. “I guess it’s more of a human thing. I grew up with humans so it’s kinda like second nature for me.”

Where are you, Kaneki?
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu May 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Laverre City|Morning

Conan got the last can of food and started making his way back to Alirah and Plant. Though one thing was on his mind. Where could Kaneki and Hide be? He wasn't sure if there was any other playmate other than Hide, but maybe Plant might come around to play with him when he's all happy again. For now it was food making time. With the last can now with the rest, now to see what Alirah is going to cook. In his mind it would be country cooking, but suppose city cooking would be okay as long as it doesn't taste like a burnt piece of toast. One thing did come to mind. How are they going to cook something without fire or a fire type pokemon? Oh bother, guess they'll just have to figure it out. If he was a flareon, then he would be able to make things nice and warm, but that was thinking to far ahead. Right now, he was going to be just him. "I got it Alirah. Whatcha gonna make?" Conan asked as he sat and looked at her with gleaming eyes that showed curiosity. His mouth was watering up as he was feeling really hungry for some food. Conan rememberd what his father said. A morning breakfast can get you started on a good day.Though the air itself though may look foggy, the morning sun did make things more cheery.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:15 pm

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 75

There was a flash in Alirah's eyes. Something of surprise or maybe shock, but Plant once again saw no sign of anger in her soft blue orbs. “Well, most of the time it’s when people or Pokémon take a food item and warm it up, or sometimes make it colder. Some things taste a lot better when you do, or even become safe to eat when it wasn’t before.” While this cooking thing was a forgein concept to Plant the Umbreon's explanation was clear and simple. Was this what it was called when he dried out mushrooms or fruits since he was using the warm sun? What about his bedding since he didn't eat that? Verglas would talk about making things cold, or freezing them before he ate. According to the Umbreon that was the same idea. Tilting his head to the side in thought Plant mumbled mostly to himself, "I think I get it." Maybe if he saw it in practice it would make a little more sense.

Scooping up his collection of mushrooms in his vines Plant walked them carefully to the pile of tins Conan had formed. Were the cans related to cooking as well? “I guess it’s more of a human thing. I grew up with humans so it’s kinda like second nature for me.” Blinking his large eyes at the adult Plant could only wonder what that was like. Not only living with humans but just growing up with others in general. Both Alirah and Conan seemed to understand things he did not, for reasons that all seemed to boil down to other beings. Glancing at the Eevee Plant had to admit that the other kid seemed so different from himself. Was this human influence? Am I different? Such a thought never occurred to him. Maybe he was the one that wasn't right instead of all the Pokemon he cast aside.

Leaving his wrists alone the child couldn't stop thinking about these unknown ideas. Ali and Conan were both very nice, and even though he didn't like Grimsley he would admit the guy didn't do anything wrong. "Were they nice to you?" He asked the Umbreon meekly. Would he be different if he grew up with humans too? He always thought of his young life to be blessed and happy, but now Plant wondered if it had all been a lie. "I didn't have anyone before Verglas.."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:47 am

Laverre City l Morning l (57)

Alirah caught something like wonder or curiousity in Plant’s eyes as they moved towards Conan and the pile of tins. She wonder what intrigued the youngster, given how extremely different their lives were. Such fascinating stuff— not even the epidemic could spoil the sheer wonder of each life’s uniqueness.
    Conan put the last tin in the pile like a proud finishing touch. "I got it Alirah. Whatcha gonna make?"
    She padded around the pile a single time and hummed. “You know, that’s a great question, Conan. We have a lot of options.” She finished her pace and smiled awkwardly. “I’m not sure yet to be honest! Does anything sound particularly good to you two?”

"Were they nice to you?" Alirah blinked at the question. She was on the verge of responding that yes, food was always kind to her but then the actual meaning of the bashful inquiry hit her. “Sometimes,” she responded absentmindedly, suddenly pulled back to those days. “My first human was nice at first, but he… became mean. Then my friend saved me, and we found a really nice lady that took care of us.” Her musings were quiet, and purposefully vague. No need to go into details about the… abuse. “Right here in this city. We didn’t find out until late about the purple ones though and they… got her.”

She took in a deep breath through her nose and gave a small smile.

The little Grass-type seemed… conflicted. Or in great thought, and Ali wondered if she had said something wrong.
    "I didn't have anyone before Verglas.."

She looked to Plant, then to the ground with a deep frown. “I see…” The poor thing lost the only family he ever knew… her heart wept for the child. “If… if it helps any, you’ll always have us. We’ll never be angry with you or want you to leave, Plant.”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:13 pm

Laverre City|Morning

Ooo, the mystery of what will be cooked, it was so much fun to guess on breakfast. Cooking wasn't something Conan knew as it was a bit more advanced. Though when Conan heard the question. He never knew what happened to the humans that kept him with his mother and father. If anything, he could say is that his humans likely got out safely before the undead came and destroyed everything. Alirah continued to talk and when she mentioned the purple ones it had snapped to him. The undead that eat the living must of got her friend or even the ghosts. Ghosts are scary, they scare people and laugh about it as if its a joke. Kaneki wasn't like them though. He was a nice ghost. The rest though, they're scary. Plant then said he didn't have anyone but Verglas. It sounded sad but Conan hadn't known any of his siblings nor did he have friends before. Maybe Plant might accept them as part of his family.

Conan did think of some food that might be yummy. A can of cheese was rolled towards Alirah from Conan. He loved cheese on some food. "Anything we can make with cheese?" There was only two things he knew of but hopefully there was more. Maybe something else with it to make it the best breakfast ever. All that was left was for Plant to choose what he wants to add in it. Lunch is easy with peanut butter and Dinner will have to be decision again.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:20 pm

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 76

Maybe he shouldn't have asked that. He just wanted to know and understand what it was like, but the simple question clearly caught the Umbreon off guard. Her response came slow, as if she had to really think about it or as if it was hard to say. “Sometimes. My first human was nice at first, but he… became mean. Then my friend saved me, and we found a really nice lady that took care of us. Right here in this city. We didn’t find out until late about the purple ones though and they… got her.” Her voice faded out, her answer finished though many questions remained within the child's mind. The predators went for the human things too? "Oh." He muttered, unsure of what to say to that. "I see... I guess it's okay they are rare then. Er... The bad ones, that is." They lived among Pokemon, but in these dens that were usually empty. Why were they usually empty now? Bad memories? They are not all nice.

But.. Alirah's was. Well, one of them was. And, just like Verglas, they were gone now. She had been left behind too, forgotten in a town without her companion. The thought felt like a stone being dropped on his heart. She had gone through this horrible pain too. He looked at her, massive eyes pleading for advice or tips on how she survived such heartbreak. “If… if it helps any, you’ll always have us. We’ll never be angry with you or want you to leave, Plant.” ...Always? The Snivy didn't know what to say. He didn't know how to feel. Ali hadn't shown him anger, that was true, but to always be there? Verglas was always supposed to be there. Somehow, somewhere deep inside, he knew that would never have happened.

Wiping his eyes clear one more time he nodded meekly. "I like being with you guys." Of all the Pokemon he had met on his arduous journey the ones in this town had been the kindest to him. To lose them now, after everything else, how would he ever handle that? His stomach churned at the idea and he dared not ponder it. Forcing a distraction upon himself the Snivy quickly switched his gaze to the food stuffs they had piled up. "So we uh.. have to heat up the metal things and they become food?" The tins were awfully hard, like really smooth rocks. Would heat really soften them enough to eat? The idea of eating a stone wasn't appetizing at all but he trusted the Umbreon would not lead him astray. "It's not really sunny enough to warm them up."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 am

Laverre City l Morning l (58)

A small, yellow-orange jar made a surprisingly attention-grabbing sound as it rolled across the floor to Alirah’s ombré-colored paws. She stared at the jar quizzically, then over to Conan and smiled a bit. "Anything we can make with cheese?" Cheese, huh? She jostled through the tins and boxes, carefully not to make too much of a ruckus, and smiled back at him. “Maybe some macaroni and cheese? Does that sound okay, Conan?”

Let’s see… boil the noodle thingies until they’re soft and pour cheese on them. That doesn’t sound so hard in theory… although without thumbs… She turned back to Plant after his soft sniffles broke her from her trance, watching the little guy wiping his wet eyes. Her gaze went from stern and fixated on problem solving to understanding in a single second. She parted her lips to speak without knowing what to say, but her hesitation quickly became listening instead. "I like being with you guys."

She smiled softly. “I’m glad, Plant. If there’s anything we can do to make you happier, please do let us know.”
    She noticed his sight fall on the pile of foodstuffs and right then she realized she should probably organize that stuff somehow later…
    "So we uh.. have to heat up the metal things and they become food?" The bewildered Snivy inquired. "It's not really sunny enough to warm them up."
    She couldn’t stifle a small laugh and quickly moved her paw to her face to cover her muzzle.
    “No, no! I’m sorry, I should’ve explained this earlier,” she said. “Human stuff can be super confusing. Those tins are storage for the food inside. So what we gotta do is open them up somehow without hands, then move the foods inside to a pot that can be overtop of a fire safely to warm up our food to a satisfactory temperature.” She gasped sharply and slapped her paw against her face. “I forgot to get pots and pans! Aw, shoot.” She would’ve been a terrible parent, really. Because right about now, she was so tempted to just give the kids candy and call it a day.

Now the question was, were they safer with her or staying at the boutique while she made a trip back to the cafe.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:41 am

Laverre City|Morning

“Maybe some macaroni and cheese? Does that sound okay, Conan?” Yay! Macaroni and cheese! Conan loved that so much as it sounded yummy. Hopefully they can make it and Plant would also want some. Once they get it all good and cooking, it'll be ready in no time. The Eevee was happy with what Alirah said. "I like being with you guys." He sounded a bit more happier but they're only kids and kids can feel more pain than what adults can. Though having friends can always help heal a broken heart. For a while Conan was lost in thought of what Alirah was saying making a face that shown how confused he is on what was said. “Human stuff can be super confusing. Those tins are storage for the food inside. So what we gotta do is open them up somehow without hands, then move the foods inside to a pot that can be overtop of a fire safely to warm up our food to a satisfactory temperature.” Uh, what? Not a single one of them knew fire moves to even make a fire. So how are they going to make a fire then? Where are they going to get the wood and such? Its all confusing for him. “I forgot to get pots and pans! Aw, shoot.” Are they going back outside in the foggy weather?

Conan's ears drooped down thinking of what might be out there and if a thunderstorm might be coming. He hated thunderstorms so much that it scares him every time one gets near. "Is it gonna storm again? Thunder scares me more than scary ghosts." Honestly, he was a bit scared if they was. Conan didn't wanna go back outside. Even then, they could always help each other if they stick close together and not stray away from each other.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:36 pm

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 77

"Anything we can make with cheese?" Conan asked, his voice his voice holding a certainty that Plant's could not. He grew up with humans too, didn't he? The Eevee seemed so much more comfortable than him in ways he could not explain beyond that one difference. He seemed.. happier. Plant shuffled in place, his sturdy tail sweeping over the floor as he tried to rationalize all his thoughts into one. If only I could be like him. Maybe then he would be happy too. “Maybe some macaroni and cheese? Does that sound okay, Conan?” Macaroni? Was that a type of Pokemon? The little grass type hooked into the foreign word, another oblivious question hanging on his jaw, but before he could spout yet another inquiry Alirah answered his previous. “No, no! I’m sorry, I should’ve explained this earlier. Human stuff can be super confusing. Those tins are storage for the food inside. So what we gotta do is open them up somehow without hands, then move the foods inside to a pot that can be overtop of a fire safely to warm up our food to a satisfactory temperature.”

The food was inside, and the heat needed to be more than sunlight. After the explanation Plant felt silly for asking. It was obvious, wasn't it? The metal clearly wasn't food, and the sun clearly wasn't strong enough since it only dried things. A heat started to burn beneath Plant's scales. He kept making Ali have to explain things to him because he wasn't smart enough to know. She was kind about it, but it just made him feel so bothersome. Conan didn't need to ask these questions; he offered things Plant could not. He was useful. “I forgot to get pots and pans! Aw, shoot.” The Umbreon squeaked, the epiphany sudden and overwhelming.

Plant held back another question. Even without yet another explanation he could tell she needed those things, and could assume they came from the same place as the tins. "I could go get them." He offered meekly, desperate to not be a bother any longer. He wasn't positive what these things were, but he would figure it out. Pots were a shape. He'd seen things like that and used them himself. A pan, well, he assumed it would be similar. Truthfully, he was anxious about possibly going out again, but at least he'd be out of their fur. He'd be useful.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:29 pm

((Skip. Will edit into a post tonight.))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:05 am

OoC)) Skip, Conan is sitting happily.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:11 pm

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 78

With a final wipe of his teary eyes the small Pokemon steadied himself. His breaths were deep and slow, and though he was capable of continuing to cry he rubbed until his eyes were dry. Blinking away the last of the excess moisture the ginger spheres burned, but they had a new clarity as his grief had been released. If he was allowed to get the pans it wouldn't be a good show of his character to leave in tears. Looking at the little tins of food Plant wondered how big these pans were, or if he had ever seen them before in his pillages. They had to at least be the size of the tins, right? That made sense, but how much bigger could they go? He swallowed roughly as he imagined a 'pan' as big as himself. How would he carry something that big?!

Closing his eyes with force the Snivy squeezed the bad thoughts away. Don't think so much! He already offered, he wanted to do it. They would make food together this way! Plus, he would be lying if he said he wasn't at least a little curious about this food stuff. Food stuff that they couldn't get to... Looking at his own hands he curled his tiny fingers in thought. Could he open the tins? Metal was a lot stronger than he was, but his fingers were bit more deft than his companions paws. Past attempts told him his leaves were no match for the metal either, but maybe he could outsmart the containers. "Is there another way to open tins other than hands? Could we smash or cut them?" Maybe there was something with the pans, but the Snivy wouldn't get his hopes up.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:30 am

Laverre City l Morning l (59)

Ali’s smile was soft and heartfelt— after all today had thrown at the child, here Plant was offering to make his way across the fairytale town to fix her mistake despite it all. She shook her head and spoke fondly, “Thank you, sweetie, but I can’t risk letting something happen to you out there.” She padded across the room swiftly and snuck her face out the door of their shelter. “You know, I bet we could check some of these nearby houses for something useful. It’ll save us a lot of walking.” She suggested. Her tone was empty and lacked any real confidence, like her suggestion was a hopeful whim and less of a true plan.

What if this gets someone hurt…

She cleared her throat and pushed the doubt away. Something had to be done and this was as good a plan as any. You know, besides not forgetting the pans in the first place…
    "Is there another way to open tins other than hands? Could we smash or cut them?" Plant asked.
    Hands would be helpful right now… she hummed at the question. Smashing them would result in tiny shards of metal in the food probably. A nice, clean cut to the tin would probably be safe though. “Cutting them is a great idea, Plant!” She praised. “Humans cut theirs with a handheld tool, which we can’t use for obvious reasons. They’re really tough to turn! Buuuut if we were creative enough, it would probably be a snap to slice off the very tippity-top of a can so we could pour out the food into the pan.” Her attitude was suddenly beaming— okay! This wasn’t gonna be so hard after all, she just knew it. “So my question to the committee is this— are we ready to go look through some houses?”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:24 pm

OoC)) Skip, I'll edit this tomorrow when I have more time and not at work.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 79

“Thank you, sweetie, but I can’t risk letting something happen to you out there.” Alirah's words were kind, the gentleness smothering Plant's initial disappointment. He could tell she cared about him, but he couldn't help feeling looked down upon. But I want to help. There had to be something he could do. “You know, I bet we could check some of these nearby houses for something useful. It’ll save us a lot of walking.” Those quiet words told a different story, like something she did not want to do or saw no hope in. With a tilt of his head the Snivy wondered why. It sounded like a good idea to him, most buildings had something neat in them and he could assume a variety of things would work for their needs.

But regardless of her reasons on that his suggestion seemed to resonate. “Cutting them is a great idea, Plant!” Her estatic voice was warming, pushing out his sodden chill and earning a shy smile from child as she continued. “Humans cut theirs with a handheld tool, which we can’t use for obvious reasons. They’re really tough to turn! Buuuut if we were creative enough, it would probably be a snap to slice off the very tippity-top of a can so we could pour out the food into the pan.” The Umbreon's expression changed, her eyes lighting up in a way he hadn't seen in a Pokemon in a good while. It sent a tingle down his spine and, accompanied with the warming he already had, was almost as good as sunbathing. "Cutting is easy!" He chirped, feeling her excitement in his bones. Tapping the cans once again he already knew they were too hard for his delicate teeth. Running his stubby fingers along its curves he quickly doubted his prior comment, mumbling, "I don't think my leaves could get through these though."

His prior disappointment dared to come back, but Plant refused to let it soil his lightened mood. Ali kept the excitement going, her cheery voice infectious as she turned a paw to the children.  “So my question to the committee is this— are we ready to go look through some houses?” She had changed her mind? The tingly feeling returned at the word we; he could be helpful! "Yeah, cutty things!" He cheered, surprised by his own turn in emotion. "And pots and pans!"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Laverre City l Morning l (60)

It was the simple things.

The day had taken an undeniably heartbreaking turn. But here, in this single moment, it was so easy to remember what being happy was like. The shared excitement to see something brand new on their trip numbed away the hurt and Alirah embraced joy, even if it was all too temporary.
    "Yeah, cutty things!" Plant’s enthusiasm was absolutely infectious and she found herself beaming alongside him. "And pots and pans!"
    “Yeeeah!!!” She screeched in her upbeat, playful voice. “Off we go!!”

She bounded in big leaps to the door, cracking the door just enough to slip out and observe the outside. The air smelled as clean as it could in epidemic times, with any blood stale and rot distant. Her ears picked up soft trickling of the creek running through town but the undead shuffles were as silent as the moon in the dead of night. She spared one last glance over the surroundings before beckoning the kids out. “Come on, it’s safe.”

She moved to nudge the door just to where only the kids could slip in or out. “I’m gonna leave the door like this, okay?” She gestured with a paw. “If something happens, come back here, close the door and hide. Don’t wait for me.” Alirah moved swiftly to pick a stick up and prop it between the door and frame. Was she being paranoid? Nah. Caution was good. “Not that anything will happen. I just like making plans, makes me feel grown up!” She laughed. “This stick should still be like this if you two come back before me. If it has fallen, a purple one might have gotten in and you should hide somewhere else.” Was she being cryptic? She didn’t mean to be cryptic. Geez, kid friendly apocalypses were difficult.

She whirled around and began a comical and exaggerated march, like a Herdier with little rain boots on that was clearly not about that life. “Shall we?”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:40 am

Laverre City|Morning

Conan listened in closely and what Alirah said was better than going all the way back to that place to raid for some pans. One thing though was what if it stormed again while they was returning with the pans? The Eevee never liked thunderstorms as it always scared him when he was sleeping and gave him hiccups. Maybe Alirah can keep him calm if it does storm again. As they marched out, the humid air was quite noticeable. The fog was clearing up a bit but the sun was starting to be blocked by clouds as well. Hopefully it doesn't rain yet. He wanted to help get the pans and get back inside the Boutique before it starts thunderstorming again. Hopefully a purple one doesn't sneak in and wrecks the place while they're gone. That would be the last thing they need is an undead destroying their home. "Alirah? I'm scared of thunderstorms. They're more scary than a purple one." The only reason he said it is because of the strong scent of moisture in the air.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:47 am

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 80

As if a warm breeze had brought them back to life excitement started to buzz between the Pokemon. “Yeeeah!!!” Ali let out a cry, her voice jovial as she made her way to the entrance. “Off we go!!” Plant followed along before the momentum had a chance to fade, his nervous steps finding purchase and even a little hop. The creak of the door sent a tingle down his spine, but for once it held whimsy rather than dread. The Umbreon peaked outside, the cautious gesture a normalcy and causing no alarm in the child as she ushered them outside. “Come on, it’s safe.” The tiny gap was plenty enough for the two of them, and as the chilly air from outside brushed his snout he wondered how their guardian's fluffy tail would make it through.

That thought only lasted a moment, as Ali was quick to explain a little plan to them. “I’m gonna leave the door like this, okay? If something happens, come back here, close the door and hide. Don’t wait for me.” It was worrisome, like she expected it to go poorly once they headed outside, but the child's fears were somewhat eased as she continued. “Not that anything will happen. I just like making plans, makes me feel grown up!” Grown up. Plant blinked his large eyes slowly. Is that what he was trying to be, a grown up? Alirah was thinking ahead for them, trying to take care of things for him. If he wanted to be useful he had to think the same way. "What if the wind shuts it? Or something else comes in here while we're gone..?" He fretted, his scenarios lacking in creativity but still possible. Thankfully, the Umbreon showed she was much more capable and smarter than him with a quick invention. “This stick should still be like this if you two come back before me. If it has fallen, a purple one might have gotten in and you should hide somewhere else.”

Staring thoughtfully at the propped stick the Snivy could think of nothing more brilliant.  "Woah." It was simple but so smart, the perfect just-in-case prop. Ali twirled, making sure their energy was not lost during the tiny precaution, and cheered, “Shall we?” With a fervent nod Plant bundled his enthusiam for a, "Yeah, let's go!" With a sudden burst of speed the youth hurried through the door, his run bringing his body low to the ground as he entered the sodden outdoors. The grief he felt last time he was out here tried to come back on the chill of the air but Plant refused to let it in, a meager smile still lingering on his face as he moved close to Ali's paws. Though he remained excited he couldn't help but feel uneasy. After all, bad things did just happen to them.. "You'll keep us safe, right?" He asked nervously, clutching at the calm they had found. He trusted her, really he did, but the recent couldn't be erased so quickly.

Perhaps it was his question, or maybe just the weather that had not completely turned yet, but Conan did not share his prior enthusiasm. "Alirah? I'm scared of thunderstorms. They're more scary than a purple one." Thunderstorms? It'd been a while since Plant could recall a good, enjoyabe storm. He'd been feeling too sick from the lack of sunlight the past few days to really enjoy the rain and fog, but back home it was a different story. From his nest he could watch the lights in the sky and the whispers on the wind. It was a little frightening, he'd admit, but there was always something about the day after that made it so worth it. From the smell in the air, the puddles to splash in, and the new sprouts, it was like a wonderland. "I think.. storms are pretty. The sky looks really cool, the rain puts me to sleep, and everything gets so green after all the rain." Even though Conan hadn't fussed to him the Snivy could not keep his personal opinion to himself. Maybe he just needed someone to enjoy the showers with?
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:19 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 11 TsUcp2f

Outskirts of Laverre City|Morning

What chaos that was in the Under and Shadow escaped with his life and now he ended up in some sort of area. However the feeling of rain in the air was around. Shadow knows what this mean even for a desert dweller like him. The Charizard looked behind him seeing the clouds towering as if a nasty storm was starting to form. "Looks like I better not hang around here for to long. The rain seems to be coming and it will be bad if its worse." Shadow started heading towards the abandoned city that was in front of him. Walking into the town though, it felt like Agate all over again. "Empty. It feels like home except more different. Hmm? What's this? A place to stay dry? Makes me wonder if Mathias is here or he was like the others and vanished with no trace as well." With that, he walked over to a building that was badly damaged. He shook his head knowing that this wouldn't provide no protection. Then he seen another place that was intact. This was the place he would take shelter at. Little did he know that the door was propped to where if an intruder entered that whoever was there would know.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:19 am

Laverre City l Morning l (61)

The air was starting to dampen. Each inhale brought the fresh, earthy pre-rain aroma that always promised an inbound storm or light shower. Luckily the leaky patches in the boutique roof had been fixed a while ago albeit crudely due to lack of proper materials.
    Her ears remained high, listening for any sound to raise red flags and start her usher to get the kids to safety. She didn’t show it, but her nerves were twisting into knots, then that knot would twist again.

Maybe later it would be a good idea to find as many suitable, safe hiding places throughout the city and teach the kids how to reach them quickly to maximize safety… if only she knew how to build a fallout shelter styled hiding place… oh, if only.

"You'll keep us safe, right?"

Her eyes moved to Plant, and she hesitated for just one moment. ‘I’ll do my best,’ almost left her mouth, but she retconned that sentence immediately. No, she wouldn’t just ‘do her best.’
    “I promise, as long as I’m around, nothing bad is going to happen to either of you.” She would lay down her life in a heartbeat before any more tragedy came to this town.

There was a subtle rumble from the far off skies. She guessed it was going to be a stormy night instead of just brisk showers. The musky scent of rain was becoming overpowering and dulled her ability to scent for danger. They needed to do this quickly.
    "Alirah? I'm scared of thunderstorms. They're more scary than a purple one." Conan whimpered.
    She gently shhhh’d his concerns away like a mother would do to her crying child. “We’ll be back at the Boutique before the storm reaches us, dear. No need to be afraid,” she assured. But she couldn’t blame the kit— she’d never been fond of the storms either. Many, many inconsolable nights of violent thunder and blinding lightning during her life made the events a lot less enthusiastic for her.
    "I think.. storms are pretty. The sky looks really cool, the rain puts me to sleep, and everything gets so green after all the rain." Plant defended his preference to Conan.
    She appreciated the civil disagreement amongst the kids. If only adults could be more like them.

She walked up the driveway to a small, cute family home, just imagining those that lived here before things went to ruin. The small wooden steps led to a covered porch with creaky floorboards and a red stained welcoming mat. Alirah strode to the door and pushed it ajar to peek her head in. It was dim but her ivory rings illuminated the inside well enough to dismiss any dangers. She knocked her back knee against the threshold lightly and awaited any sign of unlife in response, to which there was none.
    “Okay, I think we’re fine.” She gestured for them to follow with her tail as she passed into the house.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:10 pm