Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+8
Grimsley
Feraligatr
BatEmmaman
Starbits
Kaze
Fern
Kitty
renegade
12 posters

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 13 Empty Re: (ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Post by Dandelion Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:34 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 13 BLg0Vcp
    Laverre Boutique || Afternoon || Plant 87

Plant hurried and moved, tossing and stacking every object that Conan passed him. Within a short time the boys had amassed a small defense fort that was just big enough for the two of them to hide within. It would do, he thought, as anything was better than being vulnerable to a flame. The lump of a fort was not the most stable structure in the world, especially considering the child was used to working with sturdy sticks and branches, but it was just sound enough to give him an idea. Gripping a shoe within its walls he pushed, sliding the sneaker over into softer material to reveal a tiny peep hole within their barrier. Tilting his eye to the hole Plant watched with an intense stare as the adults conversed.

"My name is Shadow. I'm from the Orre region." The fire Pokemon introduced himself calmly, but Plant only noticed the tension in Ali's stance. She wasn't relaxed at all, and Plant wondered why she hadn't chased the dragon away. She had come to get them.. did that mean she needed their help?! Plant's muscles weakened at the very idea of fighting the thing, but instead of an attack Ali smoothed her pelt and continued their little conversation with the same politeness she showed them. But why? It made no sense to Plant, leading to yet more confusion on her true feelings for the new Pokemon. His own faith in the fire type remained at zero, and as the pair continued he closed his little peep hole and turned to Conan. "Can't trust them," he whispered intensely to the nearby Eevee. "Its up to no good."
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:05 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 13 TsUcp2f

Laverre City|Afternoon

“No one their age should see the hell they have, and yet they continue…” Alirah said of the kids. Indeed that nobody their age should see the nightmare that has been unleashed upon the world, yet it was a reality. Only thing that this nightmare led was to death, destruction and more undead. Shadow couldn't tell her how many pokemon he knew that was in the desert that fell under the curse of undeath. It was painful enough that Agate fell to the undead but this place, it won't meet the same fate as Agate did. Though this town had some unusual feeling to it. As if it had an otherworldly aura to it. Either that or he was thinking about it. Regardless, it felt as if there was a lack of undead around and with that he could only assume ghost types was mostly the inhabitants now days. “So what brought you here, Shadow?” The most important question which is the one that needed to be asked. “This has been my home for a very long time. I guess that’s why I never left. Also I’m not nearly as mobile as one such as yourself.” Mobility was only to that of the mind's eye. Unless she means she's not as quick then that would make a difference.

Shadow could already tell that she is in dire need of help to keep the town safe as well as taking care of the kids, so that meant he'll stay and help. "I came here to seek shelter from the rain that was coming but I'm not sure where I am to be exact. This place is foreign to me to say the least. But I'll stay and help out as you need me to." The Charizard said as he really did have no idea where he is to be exact. This definitely didn't look like Orre at all. A loud crack of thunder rumbles as the storm was about to unleash its wrath upon the town and the area. This made Shadow jump a bit as he looked out the window. "Looks like it just got here." The Charizard said as the sky was looking awfully dark and it was ready to storm like crazy. The way it was though it was a slow mover for sure. Whatever the storm had though wasn't going to be a normal thunderstorm.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:57 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 13 Pgxl4hH
    Laverre City l Afternoon l (68)

Thunder could be heard in the distance, approaching insistently and growing louder with each moment. The sounds from outside had died down to silence, with not even a subtle breeze to rustle the grass and trees.
    The calm before the storm… She wondered how bad the weather was going to get, if the old boutique would stand against something as ferocious as mother nature’s wrath. And then her mind wandered to Kaneki and Hide. And Grimsley. Nisha. Gods, how many they had lost in such a short period of time… Please be okay…

"I came here to seek shelter from the rain that was coming but I'm not sure where I am to be exact. This place is foreign to me to say the least. But I'll stay and help out as you need me to."

She looked back to the stranger. The rain would typically be the least of her concerns with what lurked outside but as the flame on Shadow’s tail drew her attention, she quickly understood why rain would be a dire situation for him.
    “It’s much appreciated, Shadow. You’re welcome to stay as long as you need.” She replied, with each word becoming less distracted as she pulled herself out of her mind. “Anyways, you’re in Laverre City, Kalos. I’m not sure where we are in regards to where you’re from, but I would assume it’s a great distance.” He mentioned it being foreign, and things only change more and more the further from home you get.

The once-subtle thunder was now attention stealing, rocking the boutique with its mighty roar. She admittedly spooked at the sound but kept her brave facade on the best she could. What would the children think if they saw her frightened? I can be brave for you.
    "Looks like it just got here." Shadow noted of the storm.
    She adjusted her body to a less rigid and more comfortable position and nodded briefly.

“The weather here is typically mild, a little damp. Severe weather isn’t unheard of, though.” She responded. “We might be in for a long night.”
    She moved her eyes to the supplied rations in their home and then back to the fire type. Hands, fire… this guy was an angel in disguise. For just a moment, despite the cracking of thunder and the bright flashes of lightning bleeding into the barricaded windows, she felt more okay than she had in a while.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:25 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 13 UoOeshi
    Laverre City|Afternoon

Conan was by Plant when the talking was going on. He seemed to not like fire types that well. "Can't trust them," Plant said to Conan. Maybe this fire type isn't friendly to kids but maybe he is, they aren't sure. "Its up to no good." What could the fire type want with them? Conan worried about Alirah but at the same time he started hearing thunder. Oh no, the storm was here and he didn't want to go out of their pillow fort at all. The Eevee curled up shaking a bit. This thunderstorm was scary. Even in the pillow fort, the lightning was able to flash through the tiny holes. He really didn't like thunderstorms but then he remembered what Plant said about thunder waking up the sleeping plants.

The Eevee stopped shaking to wonder what was being said next. "What are they doing now Plant? Is Alirah okay?" Conan asked as he was concerned that she might be scared of the guest or it could be a ghost making her scared. He looked at Plant hoping it wasn't a ghost. If anything, he did hope though that this guest wasn't hostile at all and it was just them being cautious of strangers.

OoC)) Conan takes Plant's advice.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Laverre Boutique || Afternoon || Plant 88

Huddling in their makeshift shelter the Snivy wondered how long they could last. Would they be left alone, forgotten, or quickly bothered for this reason or that? They continued to talk in a very adult manner, quiet and calmly, but Plant was not fooled. Something devious was going to happen; he could feel it in his bones! Poking his snout even further through the small hole he narrowed his eyes into an intense glare. He would see it, he would know to warn Ali..

Outside there was a loud boom of thunder, and the bright flash of lightning was practically in the same moment. Surprised, the child pulled his snout back into their tiny fort and listened to the roar. The storm was moving quickly, and the chill in the air spoke of rain as well. How much would they get, would there be wind as well? Another boom spoke of harsh weather ready to burst, but the Snivy was not bothered by it. However, the noise was clearly bothering his companion as he shook and cowered beside him. "It can't get us in here." He soothed, placing a small hand on the wall of their shelter. "Not the wind nor the rain." The bright flash of light permeated their tiny fort, discrediting the small comfort he offered, but the Snivy showed no fear or unease.

Whether or not his sentiment had helped the Eevee tried talking of something else. Perhaps he was trying to take his mind off it, or was simply curious of what was beyond. "What are they doing now Plant? Is Alirah okay?" Taking another peak outside he looked at the others for any unruly behavior. Nothing stood out to him as suspicious. "Alirah is fine. Looks like they are still just talking." Backing away from the hole the Snivy offered Connan a chance to look himself, though the sight offered little change. Perhaps something else would be a better distraction? Tilting his head to the side Plant tried to think of something, anything really. He had been so out of it, so sick feeling and unwell that he had very few ideas. Try as he might only one thing came to mind. "Maybe food will help you relax."
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:27 pm

Laverre City|Afternoon

The crack of thunder had sounded throughout the boutique that it made the smaller ornaments had shook a little. “The weather here is typically mild, a little damp. Severe weather isn’t unheard of, though.” The way it sounded though, it would be rather slow to leave. Shadow looked out the window with the wind blowing hard and it looked like it was getting stronger as well as the hail hitting the ground. “We might be in for a long night.” The way she sounded, it might just be a very long night. At least this is far better than Sandstorms and Dust storms. Those two types had made it hard for Shadow to get the sand or dirt out of the hard to reach spaces. Rain though, he can't really say he enjoys the rain like the other Charizard does. The Fire type almost forgot what the other Charizard's name was. Wasn't it Mathias? Shadow thought to himself. He wondered if Mathias was more used to the rain since he was from a mainland. Oh well, guess its something he'll have to ask later if he ever runs into Mathias again.

The Charizard yawned a bit since it was quite a confusing journey for him so far. He then wondered what the two young pokemon was doing? Seeing a pillow fort in the other room, they must be playing in it. Shadow decided to leave them be for now until they got used to him. There was one thing he did have to tell Alirah. Hopefully she'll understand that it was something that he was born with. "This is definitely different from what I see in Orre. There we see sandstorms and the sand is sometimes hard to get out of hard to reach scales. Also I must tell you something. If you see my eyes glow when its dark, its because I was born with it. I don't know why my eyes glow the way they do but its something that I accepted." Hopefully she understands and in all reality it doesn't give him any advantage as he still can't see well in the dark.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:09 am

Laverre City l Afternoon l (69)

"This is definitely different from what I see in Orre. There we see sandstorms and the sand is sometimes hard to get out of hard to reach scales." Sandstorms, huh? That sounded like Orre made for difficulty living— deserts meant lack of water, hallucinations and death, right? At least that’s what she always saw on TV. Nonetheless, this guy seemed like he could hold his own exceptionally well and that was going to be a huge asset if she could win over his loyalty.
    "Also I must tell you something. If you see my eyes glow when its dark, its because I was born with it. I don't know why my eyes glow the way they do but its something that I accepted."

She stared at the Charizard for a moment. The honestly was appreciated and earned the dragon points for avoiding her that panicked episode later… what did she say in response. Her mouth opened slightly to speak but she hesitated out of confusion. Finally, she sucked in a quick breath and replied: “Thank you for telling me.” She said politely. “I also was born a bit… out of the norm. So I understand you.” Well to an extent… It was lucky for her that when the dead started walking, they didn’t turn cotton candy pink with the bluest of eyes.

She motioned with her nose over to their spoils. “We have a lot of rations here if you’re hungry. The children and I were planning on making ourselves a meal actually. You’re welcome to join us.”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:09 pm

Laverre City|Afternoon

Conan looked out the peephole seeing both Alirah and the purple charizard talking still yet no fighting. She was calm and it meant that she wasn't afraid. "Maybe food will help you relax." Yeah, that would be great. His stomach was grumbling and he was truly wanting food. Maybe Alriah will cook the mac and cheese that she promised, but he was unsure of the stranger. The Eevee didn't want to go out there since it was storming. "Is there any candy?" Conan asked Plant. There was certain candy that Conan loved and hopefully there was plenty. He then looked out the peephole again and looked right at the charizard. Why was he purple and why was he not attacking? Is he not undead? There was so many questions. Conan moved out of the way for Plant to see.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:31 am

Laverre Boutique || Afternoon || Plant 89

Fitting his hands into his sweater pocket Plant fiddled with the cube inside. He was tired, hungry, and uncomfortable all around, but the feeling of turning the squares was cathartic and soothing. Sure, the Charizard hadn't done anything at this point, and he was being nice enough to Ali, but he just couldn't shake the fear it made him feel. It was so purple, but absolutely nothing like Verglas, and this fire starter hadn't stopped displaying its dangerous flame. Maybe if he asked nicely Alirah wou--- "Is there any candy?" Connan answered him with a question of his own. Plant's hands awkwardly finished a turn as he stared blankly at the Eevee. A what? What did he ask for, candy? What is that? Context was failing Plant, his mind reeling for what that could be. A type of bedding, something for spying or throwing? Nothing seemed right, but even considering what he said before barely helped. A food thing..?

With a deep breath Plant forced his expression to soften. "Maybe." Was all he could say, as he truly had no idea. "We should ask Ali." His stomach churned at the idea of both leaving their fort and approaching the Charizard, but Conan still seemed upset from the storm and Plant didn't want to make it any worse. With a second deep inhale and a wave of his tiny hand he motioned for Conan to follow, crept out from their shelter, and carefully made his way toward the other two Pokemon. As his hands bundled before him, as though they were a tiny shield, Plant took in a sharp gasp to ask his question but felt it die on his lips as he stared at the burning flame on the Charizard's tail. It flickered, teasing him and making the wounded scales on his side itch furiously at the memory. No. With a hard, tense blink Plant scrunched up his face and forced the memory to go away. He was supposed to be.. brave...

"Ali, what is candy?" He asked in a pitiful voice, the fear of the flame refusing to leave him entirely. "Conan wants some." He blurted out quickly as though the words were the only things allowing him to be so close to the Charizard. His small hands started to tense up, making and releasing small fists as he desperately searched for more to say. He looked away from the others, his courage already starting to wane. "I-I think food would make him feel better.. it would help him forget about the thunder.."
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:07 pm

Laverre City|Afternoon

Looks like Alirah had understood all to well and that would make it easier for Shadow to keep everyone calm without getting hurt in the process. “We have a lot of rations here if you’re hungry. The children and I were planning on making ourselves a meal actually. You’re welcome to join us.” That was really nice of her. He hasn't had much to eat in a while other than living off berries that he could find that wasn't rotted. However before he was able to say anything one of the other children come out. It was the snivy that hissed at him earlier. Was he that scared of charizards? Whatever the reason was, Shadow would certainly not let anything happen to him or the eevee. "I-I think food would make him feel better.. it would help him forget about the thunder.." The thunder was quite loud and the storm was certainly getting more intense. Not to mention the sounds of hail hitting the windows and walls around them.

Shadow looked at the Snivy then spoke. "Don't be afraid of me, I won't hurt you. Candy is well, um, huh, they're sugary and um, round." At least that's what he could remember but not all candy was like that since there was also chocolate and other shaped candy. Mostly, humans had carried candy almost all the time and as such pokemon are given candy exceptionally rarely because it could make them very hyper. The Charizard remembered that time when he was younger and had candy. To him, time was slower than him during that point but now he just doesn't touch the stuff. A very loud crack of thunder crashes and it sounded like a cannon being fired off. It even made Shadow jump a little. "That was loud. Well I'd be honored to join you for a meal." Shadow said as he finally sat down. Before he could let the snivy be on his way he had to ask him for his name. "Hey kid, what's your name?"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:57 pm

(Skip. My writing app has exploded and I can’t figure out how to fix it.)
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:42 am

OoC))Skip, Conan's just waiting for Plant to come back.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:29 pm

Laverre Boutique || Afternoon || Plant 90

Plant could feel his heart drumming against his rib cage. The Charizard's flame may have been small but the hissing, humming, living noise of a flickering fire that cast weird shadows around them made every one of his scales crawl. How could any Pokemon be okay with such a thing? Brave.. be brave.. How could he ever think himself as strong as Verglas if he couldn't stand being next to a tiny fire? "Don't be afraid of me, I won't hurt you." The Dragon smoothed with honeyed words, but it did nothing to quell Plant's fear. His tiny fingers continued to flex and release, slowing moving to once again start wringing at his wrists. "Candy is well, um, huh, they're sugary and um, round." Round and.. what now? Was sugary a texture or a taste? All Plant could picture were Oran Berries and their odd mix of flavors that he could not pinpoint. Did that make them candy, or what it like cook where it did something to them?
    The Snivy did not meet the dragon's eye; his question remained unanswered and more vast than before.

Without warning thunder roared nearly overheard, a sound so sudden and loud even the unafraid child found himself looking around for the source of the surprise. This storm had come in very fast; would it was rough, dry, short, endless? They had a shelter and allegedly food, they could wait out the weather, but Plant found himself wanting. Of what, he was not sure. Perhaps a sunny day or warm weather, or just more options away from the fire starter. His eyes widened when he remembered Conan, and as his head whipped in the Eevee's direction he could only hope he was not petrified by the sound. He took a single step forward, wanting to foster the Eevee from his fear, but was stopped once again by the unnerving voice. "Hey kid, what's your name?"

It was asking his name now..? The Snivy felt stunted, unable to move from the spot unless he bolted away. It didn't deserve his name..! But he hadn't the energy to scream and yell, to be mean and unfair. Perhaps it was that malaise, but without that emotional outburst Plant found his sound mind once again coming to the unwanted conclusion that it had done nothing wrong so far. With a deep inhale to steady himself he relaxed his small hands, and turned his intense ginger glare upon the dragon. "I am Plant." He said coolly, before breaking his gaze away. His feet still did not want to move, leaving Conan to fend for himself as he desperately awaited Ali's call.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:01 pm

OoC)) Skip, kinda having a hard time thinking of anything.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:12 am

Laverre City l Afternoon l (70)

"Don't be afraid of me, I won't hurt you."

She eyed the Charizard particularly closely at that. She sought out any sign of deceit or indication that he might be more malicious than he let on, but still she found nothing in Shadow’s voice or on his expression that might spell trouble.
    Alirah let out a breath, quiet and relieved that yet again this newcomer had proven her paranoia wrong.

She however had been so fixated on Shadow that she’d entirely ignored Plant’s curious question on accident. That was when Shadow stepped in to reply: "Candy is well, um, huh, they're sugary and um, round."

Alirah noticed the confusion on the Grass-type’s face and began to interject to clarify but stopped short of doing so. She wanted to let these two converse. Another set up to find potential deceit? Yes, but as far as the Umbreon was concerned, “too much caution” didn’t exist. Not anymore.

The thunder boomed outside in a sudden, wall shaking bellow that seemed to catch not only her off guard. The roaring quieted to a low rumble, like the growl of an angry Pyroar, before settling back into silence. There was a pause amongst them, as if no one knew what to say then.
    "That was loud. Well I'd be honored to join you for a meal." Shadow then spoke up. "Hey kid, what's your name?" His question stopped the child from skittering back to Conan, and for that Ali huffed quietly. Talk about not noticing social cues...
    "I am Plant." He responded.

Alirah nodded in appreciation for how level headed the Snivy could be, even in the face of this stranger that admittedly she was unsure of. Then she said loudly, confidently, as she retrieved a package of candy from the pile: “Plant, dear, could you give these to Conan for me? Pretty please?” She winked at the Snivy quickly and motioned with her muzzle that she was giving the child an excuse to leave an uncomfortable situation slyly.

She swished her enormous tail to and fro as she separated the foodstuffs by her own categories. A pile for each snacks, ingredients, cookware, and food she honestly had no idea what to do with. Example: powdered milk, which to her was just weird powdery white stuff. Curse her inability to read labels.
    She turned to the Charizard and hesitated for a moment. “Say, are you much of a chef yourself? I’m very limited in what I’m actually able to do, hands would certainly be useful.” She laughed, holding both of her paws up as she sat in a comical, begging dog position.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:40 am

OoC)) Skip again, Conan is still waiting for Plant to come back.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:18 am

Laverre Boutique || Afternoon || Plant 91

Plant had never felt so.. awkward. There had been moments where he was aware of being different from others, but hardly did they make him feel awkward. The young Pokemon was unashamed, proud of who he was, but standing before the dragon, literally hanging on a word he didn't know, made him so very uncomfortable. Had he the nerve he would of paced of moved around, anything to keep the feeling at bay, but he simply stood tensely before the pastel Pokemon while waiting for the internal agony to end. Then, she turned away, an action frightful enough to send his heart aflutter, but before he could whine or reach out a small hand her comforting voice called out to him, and she returned a moment later with a package in tow. “Plant, dear, could you give these to Conan for me? Pretty please?”

There was a little wink to her face, a small almost playful expression that eased Plant's smothering fears. Sending a silent thanks with his eyes he gripped the parcel tightly in his small fingers, and with an affirming nod hurried away from the adults for his lone companion. With a hop in his step he made it back faster than he had left, grateful to put distance between himself and the flame, and squeezing inside the protective fort he swore the crinkly package nearly drowned his soft voice. "Conan! Ali said this is for you." Holding up the bag proudly Plant tried to decipher what exactly he had retrieved. The colorful packaging told him little, the human scrawlings on it meaning absolutely nothing to him. The crinkly plastic made him feel weird and tingly, and the rustling noise of something inside was enough to peak his curiosity to the objects within. Past experience made for a practiced motion as his small hands gripped at the top and pulled the weird material apart with little effort.

A puff of flavorful air wafted out, intriguing the wild Pokemon further as he poured out whatever was inside onto the floor. "..Curious circles?" He muttered aloud as he set the bag aside. Whatever they this "candy" stuff was not something he had experienced before. Tapping one gently to turn it over told him little, just that it had a weird texture and the weight was strange for the size. "This is candy?" He asked, unsure if he truly wanted to try one of these foreign things.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:53 am

Laverre Citty|Afternoon

Shadow had found Plant an interesting child. Though he still wondered why the kid was afraid of him. Could he had an encounter with another charizard that left him scared? Normally Charizards are known for being territorial at times or looking for strong pokemon to fight. It wasn't unheard of for one to fight weaker pokemon but attacking kids? This was something Shadow had never heard of. Then his thought was interrupted by Alirah with a question. “Say, are you much of a chef yourself? I’m very limited in what I’m actually able to do, hands would certainly be useful.” A what? Chef? Shadow doesn't even know what that is and he didn't want to lie to her so only way to answer that is to tell her the truth on that part. "I don't know what a chef is. Only human interaction I had was with old people back in Orre. To old to train or raise pokemon. So likely I do not know how to cook." Looks like he'll need some showing.

The Charizard didn't go near the kids instead he walked up to Alirah then sat. "Perhaps if I was given guidance, maybe I can at least make something if your willing to help me?" Shadow asked Alirah if she can help him cook. There was a time where he asked for help from his parents but who knows if they're alive still or not. Finding them is likely extremely difficult to mostly impossible. Maybe Alirah has family somewhere that she would know of. "I know it isn't something to bring up, but did you have any family? I've not seen mine since the undead had appeared." Maybe that will draw the two kids out to talk as well.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:49 am

Laverre City l Afternoon l (71)

"I don't know what a chef is. Only human interaction I had was with old people back in Orre. To old to train or raise pokemon. So likely I do not know how to cook."

Oh... well, still better than nothing she guessed. She’d never cooked properly herself either, but she always had a great vantage point perched near her owners while both of them cooked, whether it was Korei’s masterful failure of a grilled cheese or the sweet, yummy baked goods her lady would prepare. So while she couldn’t make a creme brûlée by any means, the basic principle to add together complimentary ingredients with heat and/or cold was easy enough.

"Perhaps if I was given guidance, maybe I can at least make something if your willing to help me?"

Alirah nodded kindly to the Charizard. ”Certainly. I’ve been around humans who cooked nearly daily so the concept of food preparation is pretty ingrained,” she laughed. ”Thank you.”

The rumbling thunder overhead was the only sound for a moment. A sweet, tranquil pause where it was almost too easy to forget the world outside.

"I know it isn't something to bring up, but did you have any family? I've not seen mine since the undead had appeared."

Her eyes slowly opened and let out a long, quiet breath as if to pad out the moments needed to sift through her memories.

”Yes. I had a wonderful mother and father throughout my happiest years.” The sweet smell of her mother’s fur, her father’s fiercely protective yet gentle demeanor... ”I do not know what happened to them. One day they just... were gone, and my Trainer never told me why. This was long before the virus, and my Trainer had something of an issue, one that needed money to satiate... I don’t know what he did to my mom and dad, but I don’t doubt it was to get a fix.”

She sighed heavily. The last person she told this to... ”He was my best friend before he became... rotten... but then I escaped him to find a wonderful human that never harmed me and showed only the most unconditional love to me, when others had found me as a liability or even cursed. Sadly she and her sweet Togepi passed very early in the epidemic...”

She could still see that night in her mind’s eye. An image she’d spent years trying to forget, but it kept haunting her like a wretched plague in her soul. ”My apologies. That was very long winded.”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:18 am

Laverre City|Afternoon

Conan waited for Plant to come back with something to snack on being candy. "Conan! Ali said this is for you." The Eevee perked up and trying his hardest to ignore the sound of thunder as it rumbles. Soon he came over to Plant and sat as the candy was on the floor. He sniffs it at first trying to decide which flavor he would want the most. Not even a second later, Conan had snagged the red one and if there was a gauge inside his head, the hyper part would be going to the maximum. Before the hyperness started up, Conan heard Plant ask. "This is candy?" The Eevee was surprised that Plant hasn't heard of it before. Not unless he never had a trainer or someone that kept him for another type of thing like a farmer.

The child decided to give Plant one that he would possibly like. a blue one that tasted absolutely delicious. "Try it Plant, it's yummy and makes you feel happy." Well at least to him anyways but Conan might not know until Plant tries one. Soon Conan's back started to spazz out a bit until he went hyper. It was a sugar rush and with it he would have what some may call the zooms. To Conan, who needs time when you have the zooms.

OoC)) Short post also Conan is now Hyper as can be
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:33 pm

Laverre Boutique || Afternoon || Plant 92

Plant watched as Conan excitedly pawed at the spheres, his joy for the candy clear in the smile upon his face. Was it truly that tasty? "Try it Plant, it's yummy and makes you feel happy." The Eevee cooed while pushing a blue ball toward him. While Plant knew he meant well, and that these candies couldn't be harmful, he felt uneasy about the whole thing. Taking it awkwardly in his hands he turned it over curiously. He had never seen something quite like this. It was something like a small fruit or those really tiny berries, except it was strangely hard, dense even, and practically shimmered. It smelled like nothing he had ever had before either, though sweetness covered up most of its scent.

Apprehensive as he may be Connan's gleefulness offered him small bits of confidence to try the foreign substance. With a shaking palm he placed the piece in his mouth, and almost instantly was he assaulted by strong, strange flavors. Truly it was like nothing he had before, the concentrated blast of an unknown taste completely coating his tastebuds and mouth. It was sweet, so overwhelmingly, cloyingly sweet that it made the young Pokemon's mouth pucker at such an intense flavor. The actual taste of the candy was lost has his mind only registered how strong the thing was as it swiftly started to dissolve in his mouth. It seemed to fade away to nothing, another sensation he was not accustomed to as he forced himself to swallow what was left of the sweet pulp in his mouth.

The entire experience was more than he had imagined a small ball could cause, and while the toothsome treat had all but disappeared from his mouth his tastebuds could not comprehend that. The sweetness painfully lingered, coating his entire maw in a layer of honeyed saliva as he could not prevent himself from drooling. Was this part of eating candy? Was it making him sick? Plant's mind buzzed as he constantly swallowed back mouthfuls of spit that would not quit. Was he still eating the thing?? As he stood staring blankly within his own world the Snivy suddenly recalled where he was and whom he was with. Before him Connan was twitching and shuffling, the glee remaining on his face as he munched happily. Was this normal, was this happening to him as well? Looking at the bag of candy the starter didn't understand what he was feeling, whether it be physically or about the treat, and stood petrified by his own sensations. Should he take another, did he want another, did he even enjoy that?? He tried to speak, to say anything about this whole ordeal, but his drool filled mouth could not allow words to exit.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:32 pm

Laverre City|Afternoon

Listening to what Alirah had said, Shadow could at least have some instruction. ”Yes. I had a wonderful mother and father throughout my happiest years.” Sounded like she had a good time but what she said next made him kind of weary of some trainers especially those rogue ones. ”I do not know what happened to them. One day they just... were gone, and my Trainer never told me why. This was long before the virus, and my Trainer had something of an issue, one that needed money to satiate... I don’t know what he did to my mom and dad, but I don’t doubt it was to get a fix.” Wait, money? Was there a gang trying to get money out of him? Guess it wasn't really concerning but Alirah really did put a bit of a rub on him. However it made his desire to remain free all the more greater. ”He was my best friend before he became... rotten... but then I escaped him to find a wonderful human that never harmed me and showed only the most unconditional love to me, when others had found me as a liability or even cursed. Sadly she and her sweet Togepi passed very early in the epidemic...” Shadow didn't know what to say. Though he did feel that in the end of her story, it was surely a sad ending. Guess he could feel the same about it with her losing two friends she loved.

The Charizard took a breath before saying his mind on it. "Sorry to hear that happen. Life doesn't wait for anyone and this virus. What is it anyways? Why now did it come? Yet, you still love the human that took you in after the other hid things from you. You are no curse or a liability. All of this felt like an ill will of some higher being who has spite. I cannot tell if it is nature chose this or if this is fate for us to fight as one." Though if Shadow had to say, it could be all nothing more but fate that has chosen this path. A path that he will not give in or let the undead prevail. As for the kids, he wasn't like Mathias, nor did he understand Mathias' goal but he is fighting for a brighter future. Right now though, they have kids to feed. "What shall we feed the two kids?"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:22 pm

((Skip; too sleepy to post rn. Will try to edit tonight with some fresh plot stuff I’m mulling over in my mind.))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:34 am

OoC))skip, Conan as he won't have any dialogue and he's just gone hyper.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:44 pm

((Skip; Plant doesnt know what to make of the candy and has not said or done anything new.))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 am