Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

5 posters

The SLATEPORT Team

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

The SLATEPORT Team - Page 4 Empty Re: The SLATEPORT Team

Post by Snitch Mon May 21, 2012 2:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Slateport City || Late Morning [1]

Many would typically associate the image of a Rapidash running across a beach as symbol of beauty, freedom and hope. The iridescent drops of water flicking up about the equine’s hooves as the morning sun added a reassuring glow to the idyllic scene. But the reality of the situation was far bleaker. Joey wasn’t running out of a euphoria for life, for his freedom – no, he was pacing, his frustration barely containable at the discovery of the vast mass of blue before him. He’d spent days galloping across the region, his unfathomable hope fuelling him onwards in his search for an exit to this foreign land – instead, he’d been gifted the sight of the ocean. There was no escape. His hope was rapidly fading.

The fire-horse stood motionless, breathing heavily now that the fatigue of the night’s running was catching up with him, his sapphire eyes falling across the shimmering sea. Everything he’d done had all been in vain. There was no way of reaching Tom now. The truth was crippling, a consistent stabbing pain emerging in the creature’s chest. A road of waves separated him from his beloved human. Even in the blurry horizon, Joey saw nothing but the same taunting shade of blue, his face contorted into an expression of utter defeat. A frustrated whinny suddenly escaped him, his body launched into the air as he reared up, the bridle clinging defiantly about his face as the tears began to flow. It wasn’t meant to be like this. He had fought so hard all his life, tossed from human to human, seen so many horrific sights – all he wanted was a moment’s peace, a reunion with his Tom. Surely, that wasn’t too much to ask for a battered war-horse?

Returning to all fours, his energy sapped, the defiant determination lost from his moist eyes, Joey turned away. There was no point in torturing himself. Trudging slowly through the sand, his hooves sinking into the gravelly substance as his head hung low, miserable, the Rapidash was grateful for the eventual change in terrain. The solid, pavement streets of Slateport City were far more pleasing on his aching feet, though the scenery wasn’t quite as desirable. The place just reeked of death. Whilst his eyesight and hearing had taken a nasty blow in the war, Joey’s sense of smell was as acute as ever, disgusted at the constant linger of rot and decay. Shaking his head, the fire-type continued onwards, the streets lonesome as he lost himself to his own thoughts. What now? He was on some kind of continent – cut off from the world he knew by an unforgiving, merciless body of water. There was no way he would be able to cross it.
    “Tom...” The equine muttered softly to himself, trying to instil whatever glimmer of hope was left in him. He knew his trainer would be alright – Tom could survive anything, and Joey had always made sure that he followed his example. They had defied the odds once, surely they could do it just one more time. Smiling lightly to himself at the thought of their reunion several years ago, Joey raised his head, his eyes bright – that was going to happen again, he would find a way to make sure of it.

As he trotted onwards, his hooves clacking nosily against the ground, Joey’s eyes suddenly fell onto two figures in the distance. Although his short-sightedness prevented him from fully distinguishing their species, he could make out that the larger of the two was almost serpent like in appearnce. Frowning, the Rapidash trotted towards these strangers, his eyesight gradually permitting more detail as he neared – a Milotic and a Frosslass. They obviously weren’t infected, but Joey soon feared that he was interrupting what may have been a fragile moment. Slowing to a halt a few metres from the pair, Joey lowered his head politely in a kind of bow, the pennant tied around his bridle flopping forward into his face. He smiled – it smelt of home.
    “Sorry, am I interrupting?” Joey asked considerately, his accent distinctly British to betray his young age. He managed a half-hearted smile, his fiery mane weakening slightly at the comfort of having company – regardless of whether his presence was desired or not. He hovered a little away from them, awaiting permission to converse and introduce himself as if he were back in the war. Naturally obedient, Joey would obey any of his orders to the bitter end – and right now, the serpent and ghost were his sergeants.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Slateport City|Late Morning
    (12)

Nalin still tried slithering backwards slowly as the Froslass spoke. She was trying to ask for forgiveness, but was insulting him in the same sentence. Not a great way to go about winning people's trust. But what was he supposed to say? Even if she hadn't slaughtered hundreds of innocent people, she's scare him anyway! He didn't do well with others, his boy understood that. The Milotic was naturally very quiet and shy, never one to make waves, and preferred staying away from a group rather than in one. Only Darron brought out a side of him that no one else could, for some strange reason.

He still didn't know how to respond to Carrie, but when he looked off to the side in an attempt to not look her in the eye, he beheld a breathtaking sight. It was like something out of a movie, a power, beautiful Rapidash racing down the beach as sea spray was kicked up by the beating of its hooves. The sun high off to the side making the sands glow, making the scene almost unrealistic. And, for a moment, Nalin was actually sure he was dreaming. That is until the horse came up to him and Carrie.

“Sorry, am I interrupting?” Wow...he was so polite and well-spoken. And that accent...Nalin actually had to shake his head to see if the vision went away, but it remained. This ethereal creature was real, and he was just staring like an idiot. "Uh- n-no...no, not r-really," he stuttered uselessly. 'Great way to make a first impression, Nalin,' he thought angrily to himself. It was exactly the kind of stupid move he would pull around Darron, except the other snake would mock him for it and start a screaming match. Surely this amazing creature wouldn't be like that asshole, right?

((OOC: Sorry Snitch, Nalin kinda just went gaga over your char, lol. He's kinda girly like that.))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed May 23, 2012 4:34 am

Post 14

Slateport City| Late Morning

Darron's hard expression never broke during the explanation of the new world's setting. The information was processed somewhat slowly, as Darron wanted to saturate his mind with this information so it would become second nature knowledge. Everyone else he'd met seemed to have a grasp, and he needed to not be left behind. He watched with a steady stare as the bird's disposition faultered a little, a bit of unsteadiness entering his demeanor and expression. Darron gave no tell that he'd noticed, however.

"And... To be able to tell those that are infected, besides their behavior, is their discoloring. Some Pokemon rust while others simply whither, but most become violet and purple. One thing that they all have, though..." A small quirk of Darron's brow came from this, his eyes narrowing a little as he waited for the bird to finish. "...Is red eyes."

The bird stared at him long and hard, waiting for Darron's reaction. For a moment, the serperior waited for more exposition, but it seemed the greasy bird was done. The snake's mouth slowly made a frown. "...Red eyes?" he asked slowly, looking the bird over. "...A lot of pokemon have red eyes. I have red eyes. The fu--"

"Have you been living in a hole? What the hell?! You're seriously telling me that you've only just found out about this? Where have you been?!" Darron jumped a little at the new voice, and whirled around, coiling in defense, poising himself to attack. It looked like some mangy mutt, barking and snarling.

"Actually, I've been in a pokeball. Thanks for asking, Asswipe," Darron growled back, his posture resuming its normal height and pomp. "Please, keep making a dick of yourself. It's been a while since I've laughed, and you don't look like you're done." He turned back to Sem. "See? Red eyes too."

((LOLOL Darron's DUUUUUUUUUMB))

Last edited by Silverishness on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Slateport City|Late Morning (12)

"Sorry, am I interrupting?" Carrie looked over to see a Rapidash. It was clear that Nalin was going head over heels for him. "Uh- n-no...no, not r-really," It pretty much seemed like he had completely forgotten about Carrie.

The bruised Froslass took one look at the town. She imagined it once being full of people and pokemon, all socializing and battling. She closed her eyes and saw everything in its place. She heard all of the people talking and the children laughing. She could feel the heat from the hot sun. She could smell the aroma of food that flowed throughout the town. She could taste the salty air on the beach. All of that was gone now. Nobody really liked her from the start, especially the Milotic.

"I think it would be best for everyone if I just left. I really don't like this town and I need to get away." Not even caring if the others heard her, Carrie left the town. She said to herself, "Finally, I'm free..."

(OoC: It was a pleasure rping with you guys. Carrie will be moving to Orre to be on Relic Team. Bye!)
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat May 26, 2012 7:02 am

((Nah, he's cute, Sil. XD))
    Slateport City/Late Morning (12)

The look in Shadow's eyes was one of pure spite as he regarded the grass snake. The guy had the balls to whirl right round and coil himself up, ready for an attack. Bring it then, Shadow thought with a growl as he crouched, the fur on his back bristling. But then the fucking Murkrow decides to butt in yet again. Apparently he had a habit of sticking his beak where it didn't belong. "N-no! Darron, calm down! Shadow, don't attack-!"

The Mightyena didn't move, but bared his fangs and snarled angrily as the snake uncoiled his body and replied: "Actually, I've been in a pokeball. Thanks for asking, Asswipe. Please, keep making an ass of yourself. It's been a while since I've laughed, and you don't look like you're done." Shadow's tongue slid slowly over his upper fangs and his eyes narrowed. That fucking bastard. How dare he speak to me like that! The serpent then turned back to Sem and ignored Shadow as if he hadn't even turned up. "See? Red eyes too."

"You're fucking stupid," Shadow mumbled to himself as he sat down onto his haunches, more than interested to see how this discussion would turn out. A look of revulsion crossed his face as Sem hopped over and stood right next to him. Shadow slowly started to edge away from the filthy, diseased bird. "I am one of them. I will become a mindless monster in due time. You may have to kill me someday," Sem then said in a sorrowful voice. Shadow's eyes widened madly and he licked his lips. He'd be the one to carry out that task. He'd make sure of it. He had a debt to pay.

He looked up at the snake, eagerly awaiting his response.

((Buh bye, Radio!))

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun May 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Slateport City || Late Morning [2]

"Uh- n-no...no, not r-really,”

Joey smiled pleasantly at the serpent creature’s rather hesitant response, almost flustered at his sudden appearance – though he could hardly understand why. Lowering his head in a formal bow, the equine trotted forward, closing the generous gap he’d initially left between himself and these strangers. Now that he’d been permitted the opportunity to advance and converse, albeit somewhat uncomfortably, Joey was all smiles, his sapphire eyes sparkling as brightly as the precious stones sharing their colour.
    “I-“ He stopped immediately, his slim head turning to the Frosslass as she spoke. He wouldn’t dream of speaking over a lady – especially one so battered. His eyes took in the bruising marks adorning the creature’s white body, a combination of confusion and suspicion surfacing on his features. Totally foreign to the idea of battling for pleasure, Joey remained adamant in his mental decision that she couldn’t have received the blemishes from battling – nobody in their right mind would subject a woman to such violence. That left only one other option – abuse. The Rapidash regarded the Milotic uneasily, wondering whether he’d made a hideous judge of character.

"I think it would be best for everyone if I just left. I really don't like this town and I need to get away."

Joey’s mouth fell open in shock, his eyes suddenly moistening as they hurriedly flickered between the two strangers before him. Was it his fault? As the creature made her exit, the equine’s stomach flipped as a powerful pang of guilt threatened to cripple him.
    “Wait! Miss?” He suddenly called out to the retreating ghost, spinning on his heel to take a few steps after her. “Miss? It’s not safe! Miss?” Despite his attempts at regaining the female’s attention, the Frosslass’ exit was unfaltering as she disappeared into the distance. Joey’s face fell – knowing that he had simply let this young woman waltz away, alone, into a world of monsters. It was practically a death sentence. He felt awful – his years of employment in the war having instilled a powerful sense of right and wrong. In his mind, what he had just allowed was incredibly wrong. He was meant to protect; instead, he’d managed to scare the weak away.

Biting his lip, his eyes unmoving as the ghost-type disappeared from sight, Joey took a deep breath, defeated. With a gulp, he shook his head, removing the ugly expression of distraught that had overwhelmed his previously cheery demeanour. He turned around and trotted back to the Milotic, the disappointment still oozing from his smile.
    “I’m terribly sorry,” The Rapidash was genuine in his words, glancing over his shoulder midsentence in the hope that the Frosslass had returned. “She’ll be okay, right?” He attempted to mask the concern, stay serious and to the point like his line of work required, but he was naturally sensitive. He truly felt the pain of others; sympathised with human, pokémon and undead alike no matter how surreal their background or views. Mustering a weak smile, he cleared his throat, making an effort to start afresh with his introductions. “The name’s Joey, sir. It’s a pleasure to meet you,”
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 8:20 pm

(13)

Nalin just stared dumbfounded as Carrie announced she was leaving. He didn't really mean for her to just go like that, but she really did make him uncomfortable. How was he supposed to react around someone that slaughtered and entire room of people, justifiably or no? he looked down at the ground shamefully as she began to float away, and was upset when the beautiful horse followed after her.

Nalin felt a tear trail down his cheek and watched as it fell, splashing onto the pavement. He was alone. Again. It seemed no matter what he did he was always ending up alone, the bad guy...the loser. Maybe Darron was right, maybe there was no reason he should have survived. It wasn't like anyone wanted him around anyway. Of course the only other pretty male would run off after a damsel in distress, because apparently even psychos are better than him.

“I’m terribly sorry.” Nalin's head shot up, tears still running fresh down his cheeks, as he stared in surprise at he Rapidash's return. He...he came back? Why? Everyone else wanted to leave him, or would never come around to begin with. No one wanted to be around him, so why did he come back? “She’ll be okay, right?” Oh, he came back because he couldn't catch the one he wanted to be around. Fantastic. Nalin turned his head in shame and tried to tune out the other male, hoping that if he just pretended to be invisible it might actually happen. But no such luck. “The name’s Joey, sir. It’s a pleasure to meet you."

"...sure it is..." Nalin sighed sadly, not really why anyone would think meeting him was a pleasure. Everyone always wanted to meet Darron, to coo over Darron, because his fellow serpent was just so damn perfect all the damn time. "My name is Nalin, but you will probably just want to call me Nally like everyone else." The distaste for Darron's awful nickname was clear in his tone, even though his voice still rang with a hint of sadness. Even his normally shy demeanor was taking a backseat to this level of depression.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed May 30, 2012 4:08 am

Post 15

As Sem took his already lengthy explanation to new levels, Darron couldn't help but allow his gaze flit over the asshole canid that felt the need to interrupt their otherwise pleasant conversation. Well... maybe "pleasant" wasn't the word... They had been talking about the apocalypse after all. But as Sem continued, his words finally caught the serperior's attention:

"Take us for example. Yes, he has red eyes, but he is healthy. Strong. Alive. He has a warm beating heart. Then me. I look filthy. I smell like death. I have no beating heart. Darron..." Sem looked away, unable to bear what he was about to say. Darron couldn't help a quirked brow; this guy was a little dramatic... "I am one of them. I will become a mindless monster in due time. You may have to kill me someday." Oh. Well, that makes sense.

It took Darron a moment to respond, his hard eyes looking the greasy bird's form over, taking in that this bird could turn on them at any moment. His stare narrowed, his tail curling and uncurling as he thought. Darron was not one for waste, nor being anything other than blunt and forward. If this was the crises everyone seemed to know it was, then it needed to be treated as such. "...So if you're one of them, if you know you could try to kill any potential ally you find, why let yourself live? Why not let someone kill you, save you the trouble?" He nodded to the dog. "He seems eager enough."

Last edited by Silverishness on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Slateport City/Late morning (13)

Oh this was getting good. Shadow was starting to actually enjoy how this conversation was going. The Serperior had asked Sem why he didn't simply give up and let somebody kill him and save him the trouble. The Mightyena's body was trembling with anticipation. Somehow he couldn't quite believe how he hadn't ended the Murkrow's life already. Something was holding him back though, and he didn't know what. "He seems eager enough," the snake added, gesturing at him.

Shadow, for once, completely ignored this remark. Instead he looked over to Sem, eager to hear his response. He looked simply dumbstruck by the snake's words and somewhat disturbed. After a while, he answered: "Selfish. I am selfish. I want to live and thrive, while I can. I won't be here long. I give anyone full permission to take me out when I change, when I become a monster. But only then. I feel that I deserve to be guilty until proven otherwise, as the humans say."

Shadow suddenly realised why he was holding back. This small, greasy, diseased little bird was a tough little bastard. Even after all he had gone through he had still managed to retain his mind in its entirety. It took great strength to do such a thing, and the thing that Shadow admired most in others was strength, whether it was physical or not. The Mightyena's constant nasty glare softened a little as he regarded the Murkrow. Somehow he felt that it would be a waste to end his life while he was still as strong as he was. It was almost as if he'd be ridding this world of one of its best soldiers.

In the distance he spotted that a horse-on-fire was talking to the Milotic in the Poke Mart and that the creepy ghost-girl was no longer there. But he wasn't interested in them. Instead he stayed right where he was, except he now looked up at the snake. He narrowed his eyes a little, giving him a look that warned him to watch his damn mouth. He was feeling very ... defensive all of a sudden.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:26 am

Slateport City || Late Morning [3]

"...sure it is... My name is Nalin, but you will probably just want to call me Nally like everyone else."

A frown surfaced on Joey’s gaunt face, his ears flicking back slightly at the pure misery sounding in the serpent’s voice. As he regarded the creature before him, the Rapidash found himself entranced by the creature’s eyes, the glistening shine that he immediately recognised as tears. He felt his heart lurch at the sight, his sympathy heightening as the Milotic turned his head away. Joey was no stranger to such emotion; he had witnessed the tears of hundreds in his lifetime – friend and foe alike. The trickle of liquid on your face as the pain overwhelmed, the joyous moistening at the realization you had survived the front line, the tears that were just unstoppable in their pursuit to alert the world of your unparalleled sorrow. Joey had personally experienced them all.

His expression immediately softened, the equine taking a few steps forward to peer around in a vain bid to catch the Milotic’s gaze once more, a shy smile on his lips.
    “I like the name Nalin,” Joey replied, his voice gentle, pleasant on the ear as he stood close to the water serpent, eyes bright and hopeful. “I’ve never been partial to nicknames myself. Can you believe I‘ve had six names in my lifetime?!” It was the truth; a different name for each human that had ever owned him, though Joey was the only name that had held any meaning to the equine. Joey was the devoted companion of Tom, and despite the whirlwind of life experiences he had suffered in those four years, the Rapidash had never lost sight of who he was. Smiling as an image of his Tom tiptoed into his thoughts, Joey continued with a chuckle. “I bet you’ve never been called ‘Twenty-Two’ before,” On reflection, Joey had hardly paid attention to the title – his work pulling machinery and artillery across the land was far more arduous work. Back then, he’d been too engrossed in trying to stay alive, blocking out the physical and mental strain of such an unforgiving occupation, to consider his lack of identity. He’d been a drone – just another poor soul enlisted to work himself to death for cause he could never believe in. Joey quickly shook away the memory before it could manifest itself in his mind, fearing that such thoughts could trigger one of his episodes. Now wasn’t the time to fall into such a state. Nalin didn’t deserve to witness how severely Joey’s past has shaped his health.

Disguising any flickers of inner concern, Joey’s demeanour remained sympathetic though optimistic as he loyally stood by the Milotic. He was sure he’d seen one of Nalin’s kind before, back at the kingdom perhaps, though on closer inspection, there was an amazing beauty about the creatures. The Rapidash had never been an admirer of beauty; he took the world as it came, never stopping to look at the scenery, though in his line of work, there was rarely anything pleasant to look at. Corpses, mud, wire and blood hadn’t been the most spellbinding surroundings, though as he stood before Nalin’s pristine form, Joey felt a pang of disappointment. He had missed so much. Chewing lightly on the bit still lodged in his mouth, the Rapidash averted his attention to his current surroundings; some coastal city in a land he hardly knew.
    “So... do you know this area well?” Joey asked pleasantly, slowly surveying the remaining buildings before his eyes found Nalin once more. Whilst part of him was tempted to query about Hoenn’s geography, whether it was an island or not, Joey remained too fearful of the answer. He couldn’t lose hope, and such a simple question could prove a disastrous blow to the equine’s optimism – it was better to remain oblivious. However, he was reluctant to turn his back on a fellow survivor. Always a people person, Joey’s gut told him that it would be a wise choice to stick around. “I’m not from here, you see,” He looked to the ground, embarrassed. “I- Well, it would be nice to stick around. Have some company, perhaps? I-I-I mean it’s perfectly fine, I-I can go, but...” Joey huffed, his attempts at asking to remain in the Milotic’s presence superbly failing. “What I’m trying to say is, I would like to stay with you... if you’ll let me, Nalin,” The fire horse’s smile returned, his sapphire orbs sparkling with a genuine excitement. He could only hope that the Milotic was equally as thrilled about the prospect of company.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Post 16

"Selfish. I am selfish. I want to live and thrive, while I can. I won't be here long. I give anyone full permission to take me out when I change, when I become a monster. But only then. I feel that I deserve to be guilty until proven otherwise, as the humans say."

Darron weighed the murkrow's response in his head, gauging whether or not he should just off the bird now and be done with it. But as he studied the bird's face, and then the dog's as well, maybe coldly killing him outright was not the best of ideas. Seemed the dog had a small change of heart with that bleeding heart response. 'Well, Buddy, humans aren't around anymore... don't know if that little comment's valid now.' Still, the words were heartfelt, and even moved Mr. Grumpy to coercion. Maybe there was something other than mere pity to keeping this guy alive? Er... alive as he could be at this point.

Darron's face finally gave a tell to what was happening in his mind, and he flashed a smile at the two. "Well, then. I guess I don't have much of a choice, huh? I would think that putting you out of your misery would be easier and more... generous to you, Sem, but if you want to suffer, then I guess I can't stop you. Course, if you give me any reason to mistrust you, I'll be taking you up on your offer of ending it." His attention was diverted to the fiery equine at the coast, then turned to look at the other two. "Looks like fun.". With that, he began to slither toward the two, eager to meet whatever new friend Nally'd made in his absence.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Slateport City/Late Morning (14)

"Well, then. I guess I don't have much of a choice, huh?" the snake said after smiling at the two. Shadow personally thought that there wasn't much to smile about, but he didn't say anything. "I would think that putting you out of your misery would be easier and more... generous to you, Sem, but if you want to suffer, then I guess I can't stop you. Course, if you give me any reason to mistrust you, I'll be taking you up on your offer of ending it." He looked over towards the half-ruined Poke Mart and then back to them. "Looks like fun."

Fun...? FUN?! Shadow couldn't believe what he had just heard. Clearly this dumbass thought of the epidemic as nothing more than a challenge, a change in circumstance. The Mightyena felt his blood beginning to bubble as he watched the snake slither away towards the Milotic and Rapidash. He gestured at Sem to follow and then began to retrace the steps of the Serperior. If that bastard thinks that this is going to be fun in the slightest, he's got another thing coming. He needs to wait until his family has been slaughtered before his very eyes; maybe then he'll change his opinion.

((Lol crap post is crap))

Last edited by Nightfall on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:51 am

Slateport City || Late Morning [4]

Joey smiled pleasantly at Nalin, still standing loyally beside the serpent’s side as he awaited a response. Whilst he had tried to offer some sort of reassurance and advice, the rapidash knew that sometimes silence was the best cure. Just the knowing that you weren’t alone, that someone was ready and willing to listen was comfort enough in the most dire of situations. However, his attention soon fell onto a pair of figures approaching – a green serpent and a canine.

Joey recognised the mightyena species, having met a handful back in England as well as a pair in France – and despite their rather intimidating appearance, the equine could only deny any stereotypes of their kind. Colonel and Duke had been delightful company – always cracking jokes and larking about, it was a shame they had been enlisted in such a dangerous world. Colonel had discovered the mine too late; when Duke heard the news, he simply lost the will to live. Joey’s expression fell at the memory, his stomach lurching as he closed his eyes, resisting the urge to succumb to the vivid images that would soon arise in his mind.
    “Breathe,” He muttered quietly to himself, an order more than support as he thought of Tom. The image of his human’s grubby but relentlessly cheery face was usually enough to banish the equine’s demons.

When he opened his eyes once more, the strangers were closer now. With a kindly smile at the pair, Joey’s thoughts soon backtracked to talk of Nalin’s nickname, ‘Nally’. Glancing to the milotic, the equine’s natural optimism faded at the concern that maybe these were the ‘others’ the serpent had previously spoken of; were that the case, he was unsure of how beneficial their appearance would be after all.
    “Err.... hello, chaps,” Joey called somewhat more hesitantly than his typical greeting, an awkward smile on his lips. Despite his mainly jolly demeanour, the rapidash stood almost protectively beside the milotic; head held high, his stance strong. He didn’t want these newcomers to cause the water serpent anymore grief than he’d already managed to trigger, thus was reluctant to let down his guard. Whilst he saw no reason for these creatures to cause harm, Joey’s gut instinct told him that there was a tense air engulfing the scene; and Joey’s instincts were rarely wrong
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:47 pm

((OOC: Bulba changed the link locations for my pics so I am going to have to go back and edit all of my posts...lol))

(14)

“I like the name Nalin,.” Nalin was floored. No one had ever said they liked his name before. Especially not someone so...well, so like the Rapidash. “I’ve never been partial to nicknames myself. Can you believe I‘ve had six names in my lifetime?!” Nalin couldn't help but let out a light chuckle and gave the fire type a smile. He certainly couldn't believe that, it seemed so extravagant. The poor guy, having to always get called by a different name. “I bet you’ve never been called ‘Twenty-Two’ before” Now Nalin really did burst out laughing. It was true, while he did suffer from the name of a flower he never did have to suffer from being just a number. Though, to Darron he probably would always suffer being 'number two'.

“So... do you know this area well? I’m not from here, you see." Nalin looked up and regarded Joey with a thoughtful look. “I- Well, it would be nice to stick around. Have some company, perhaps? I-I-I mean it’s perfectly fine, I-I can go, but...What I’m trying to say is, I would like to stay with you... if you’ll let me, Nalin.” The blush that exploded over Nalin's face would have put a Pichu to shame. Was this magnificent creature really offering, no, asking to to stay with him? With him?! The Milotic was about to agree whole-heartedly when a familiar green form began to approach.

'No, not him...' Nalin groaned inwardly, not wanting to deal with Darron right now. This was a perfect moment, one of the few the Milotic had ever known, and for sure there was Darron to steal the spotlight and ruin everything. It was like he had a sixth sense for that sort of thing. 'Oh look! Nally's happy so let's go put a stop to it!' Jerk. And oh look! The jerk had friends! A Murkrow, he assumed it was the bird he saw in the window before he left the Contest Hall, and some creepy Mightyena. Just the perfect entourage for the epic Serperior, he imagined.

“Err.... hello, chaps." His heart fell a little when he heard Joey addressing the new group so casually, but was a little put off by the horse's stance. He was rigid, tense, like he was ready for action. Was he...was he protecting him? What in the world could have brought that on? Had he...had he seen how much Nalin didn't like Darron just by the look he had given his fellow serpent? It was really the only thing he could think of to explain it, but he wasn't going to complain. If there was someone to stand up against Darron with him he would take it. Nalin faced his rival and stared at him with a level glare. Voice calm and detached, he gave just a simple greeting.

"Hello...Darron."
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Post 17

"Err... Hello, chaps," the burning equine, a rapidash as Darron remembered, greeted, bringing a friendly smile to serperior's face. Now that Sem was done being dramatic and "Shadow" was done... talking, he guessed, he was free to meet another, not so angry newcomer.

"Well, hello to you too, buddy," Darron replied in a completely amicable tone, demeanor and posture friendly. "Name's Darron." It was nice for a change to not be surrounded by either crazies, martyrs or grumpy assholes. Or drama queens. Speaking of which... His eyes flitted to Nally, and he couldn't help a twitch of confusion. Why was he blushing? Normally, Nally blushed easily, what with him being a nervous nelly, but this... this was hardcore blushing. Like...

His scarlet gaze flitted back to the rapidash, then back to Nally, repeating the volley a few times before a look of realization bloomed on his serpentine face. 'Ohho... really? Were... were these two flirting or something? Or is Nally just that delusional? Either way, this is hilarious.' His grin widened, and his gaze settled on his fellow serpent. "So Nally, where'd you find him?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Slateport City/Late Morning (15)

"Err.... hello, chaps," the Rapidash greeted them upon their arrival. He looked somewhat awkward and tensed up, as if ready to attack if needs be. Shadow said nothing at first and watched Darron-the-Dumbass and the Milotic get acquainted. Clearly they already knew each other, but Shadow could sense that it was not a friendly relationship between them just by the way that they were acting. Darron called him Nally and Shadow barely hid a smirk at the strange name.

After Darron had introduced himself, Shadow stepped forward and, remembering his manners, lowered his head in respect to the two newcomers. "How you doing?" he said flatly with a nod. "The name's Shadow." He could tell just by looking at the horse that he was powerful and had been through a lot in his life. Shadow had to have some respect for a guy like that. As for the Milotic ... he still hadn't seen or heard enough from that guy to be sure. With a twitch of his ears he raised his head once more, waiting for their replies.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Slateport City || Late Morning [5]

"Hello...Darron."

Nalin’s cold greeting confirmed Joey’s suspicions – apparently they were acquainted after all, and from the sound of it somewhat undesirably. Sapphire eyes falling onto the newcomer, the rapidash was mentally preparing himself for a barrage of snide remarks, insults or even a physical attack. The serpent’s company, a pair of dark-types, only added to the tension and Joey had subconsciously begun fidgeting on the spot. However, what emerged was more than surprising for the equine.

"Well, hello to you too, buddy. Name’s Darron,”

The serperior’s greeting was completely amiable, casual but friendly nonetheless. Joey’s gaze flickered to the milotic for a moment, unsure how he should be reacting as a great guilt began to weigh on his shoulders. Joey had always prided himself on reserving all judgements, but here he was, ready to leap into action from the approach of three strangers. He looked to the ground, ashamed as his body relaxed and a combination of relief and disappointment swept over him. The rapidash blamed it on the war. That cruel world had changed him in so many ways, even his spectacular manners were beginning to lag behind in their quality. Burying his shame before it could get the better of him, he lifted his head, expression spritely and cheerful as he returned the serpent’s smile.
    “Pleasure, sir,” He gave a curt nod of his head, gaze falling onto the mightyena as he too, introduced himself. The fire horse’s grin widened, the joy instantaneous to immediately brighten the creature’s scarred face. “I’m Joey,” A quick flourish of his left, fore-hoof and a sharp bow, reminiscent of the more formal greetings back in his first regiment, served as the equine’s introduction, natural and well-rehearsed to betray his military past.

"So Nally, where'd you find him?"

Joey’s ears momentarily flicked back at the use of the milotic’s nickname, his blue eyes eventually resting on the serpent, smiling. The mischievous grin stretched across Darron’s face unnerved him to say the least, but habitually, the horse remained silent. He hadn’t been addressed, he wasn’t permitted to speak. Although admittedly, it was taking a great deal of effort to follow the rules drilled into him from years before. If the nickname wasn’t enough to fuel a reaction, it was the serpent’s seemingly lack of respect for him. ’Find him?’ It sounded like the snake was comparing to some sort of object! Joey’s nostrils flared irritably at the concept, watching the serpent closely before his attention returned to Nalin, curious to the water-type’s reaction.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Elizabeth/Bandit - Slateport City || Late Morning
    --- -- -1 || 1- -- ---

"... Bandit where the hell are we?" A child-like voice hissed quietly as the two figures were washed ashore by the beach near a city. The owner of the voice -- an Albino Meowth with a dainty red bow tied around her neck with a tiny sterling silver bell attached to it -- was focusing her attention on a sleek black Pokemon, whose legs were covered with large golden rings. The Umbreon -- known as Bandit -- grumbled as he stood up, shaking the sand off his tail as he glanced around the area, "Dunno Elizabeth, looks wayyyy too different from Johto..." The Meowth, Elizabeth, facepawed, slowly getting up as she glared at the sand that stuck onto her pelt, suppressing a sigh soon after.

Bandit flicked the sand off of the Albino Meowth with his tail, gazing at the beach. Tattered umbrellas, ripped beach towels, and broken chairs scattered the area. With a gulp, the Umbreon rose his guard, "Let's go Elizabeth, better to move out than stay in one place." The Scratch Cat Pokemon blinked, but said nothing as she noticed the caution in the Moonlight Pokemon's voice, following Bandit as the duo moved forward. The beach didn't seem as big as expected, as a city was laid out right in front of them. "Oh my Arceus, let's loot Bandit!" The Meowth said excitedly, as her usual irritated look now turned into a smile. Bandit narrowed his eyes disapprovingly, "Even if it's the Epidemic, let's just find food and shelter first like our usual... Then we'll find 'treasure' alright?" Elizabeth looked disappointed, her ears flattened. She felt her heart drop, but Bandit's word was law, he wanted to do his best to protect her, and of course they must look around and check if Undead were roaming about.

The Umbreon flicked his ears, voices heard in the distance... Wait voices? The Moonlight Pokemon didn't know whether it was a delusion or not, taking a couple of steps up the tiny stairs that led into the city, he immediately noticed figures in the distance. Undead weren't ones to group up were they? He glanced at Elizabeth, whom gave him a questioning look; "Well?"

He replied with a goofy grin, "Survivors are here." The Meowth didn't know how to react, she didn't feel all that happy, nor disappointed, but rather neutral. She hoped they weren't the types to betray, but they would make a great asset to their tiny group... However, she doesn't want anyone else in their group, she liked it when it was just her and Bandit. 'Ugh, what if they're slutty Pokemon that go all over males?' Elizabeth groaned silently, always did she see males surrounded by females while the Meowth stayed isolated in her home. Bandit used to be a playboy too, but now that it's the apocalypse, it's just the two of them and scattered survivors. "What you want to stalk them or something?" Elizabeth hissed.

Bandit replied with a shrug, "What, why not introduce ourselves? They don't look all that intimidating."
    "Well maybe if you stop being a cocky, laid-back bastard you would start worrying." Elizabeth lashed.
    He rose his paw, waving it up and down, "Keep your claws on sassy pants, we didn't meet them just yet. Stop judging a book by it's cover pfffft."

Elizabeth felt the urge to stab the Umbreon, but huffed angrily in defeat, "Fine. Let's go. But you're talking first."

The duo began to walk towards the group in a 'calm composed' matter. Bandit skipping happily and Elizabeth simply stalking behind. The Umbreon waved his tail happily to the group as they were a couple of houses away, "Hello there fellow buddies! How are you this fine morning?" Elizabeth didn't know whether she should die in embarrassment or simply hit her head against the pavement.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:58 pm

(15)

"So Nally, where'd you find him?" A serious frown found its way across Nalin's face as he took in the meaning behind the Serperior's words. Find him? Find him? Like the beautiful stallion, with one hell of a type advantage on Darron, was just sitting there like a lost puppy needing to be rescued? The very idea was ludicrous, and he knew Darron was only saying it to be a prick. The usual anger that only Darron could rile up in him was starting to claw its way to the surface, but he didn't want to make a scene in front of strangers. Especially not the magnificent creature beside him.

He swallowed his anger and forced his face into a calm facade, before choosing his words very carefully. "Joey here found me, in fact. I found myself confronted by your, well, less than sociable companion from before. He helped me by distracting her." There was nothing else he needed to know about it, or even that the fact that Joey had done those things unknowingly. All that mattered was that he do his best not to let Darron make a fool out of him, as usual.

The Mightyena soon introduced himself as Shadow, while the bird remained oddly quiet. And before he even knew it two more creatures he had not previously noticed began coming up to them. "Hello there fellow buddies! How are you this fine morning?" The larger of the two, an Umbreon from the looks of it, was the one who called out to them. Nalin wasn't sure what to do, and he was naturally so very quiet when anyone but Darron was concerned. But he didn't want to be rude...

"We seem to be fine," Nalin answered softly, waiting until they reached the group to reply. "At least, I don't think anyone is hurt or dead." Not sure what else to say he just looked around to the rest of their little gathering and motioned with his tail towards the black fox and white cat, hoping for them to try and help him out. Social awkwardness was a curse, honestly.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Post 18

"Joey here found me, in fact. I found myself confronted by your, well, less than sociable companion from before. He helped me by distracting her," Nally said carefully, his words seeming to be cautiously chosen. Darron couldn't help a snigger, thinking the milotic's tenseness was ridiculous and uncalled for. Seriously, dude. Chill your tits.

He was going to voice his opinions when more pokemon just seemed to jump out of the woodworks. He turned to see a meowth, renowned for cute contests, and an umbreon, which tended to float between beauty, cute, smart and cool. While they seemed to be everywhere in contests, Darron never really paid much attention to them; they were a sort of Jack-of-all-trades amongst the contest population. They were everywhere, yes, but rarely did they venture into the Master category. The superior studied them for a bit, as Nally answered the umbreon's rather jovial question.

"We seem to be fine," Nally replied, his voice soft. Darron had to stifle a scoff. "At least, I don't think anyone is hurt or dead." The other comment made his eyes shift to Sem, then to the others. 'Speak for yourself, nitwit,' he growled in his mind. Nevertheless, the two new kiddies needed something to go off of, like names, or they'd just be lost in the depths of Nally's endless drama.

"Hey there, guys. Name's Darron. Nally's too much of a wuss to introduce himself, but glad to see more survivors. What're your names?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Slateport City/Late Morning (16)

The Rapidash seemed to beam with delight as Shadow introduced himself and he couldn't understand why; it wasn't as if his introduction had been overly enthusiastic. "I’m Joey," he said, putting one hoof forward, lowering his head and ... bowing to him?! Shadow blinked in surprise as he watched the horse. His introduction hadn't deserved such a regal response. As Joey raised his head Shadow looked him in the eye and nodded as the ghost of a smile flickered on the side of his mouth. There was something about this guy that he liked.

The next moment yet another new voice floated over to them from behind Shadow. He turned to see an Umbreon and a female Meowth trotting over to them. "Hello there fellow buddies! How are you this fine morning?" the Umbreon asked them merrily. The Meowth looked like she wished that a hole would open up in the pavement and swallow her. Shadow frowned at the newcomers, slighly frustrated. Just where in the name of sweet holy Arceus were all these Pokemon coming from? When he'd arrived here a while back only the occasional undead came along to disturb the peace and now ... he'd be lucky if he'd ever get a minute of peace again with this lot in tow.

The Umbreon's cheery introduction had grated on Shadow's nerves slightly. He flicked his tail in annoyance and a low growl rumbled from his throat. "I don't see anything fine about it," he grumbled, giving the two newcomers a look over. The Meowth seemed all right but the fellow Dark-type's head appeared to be a little bit too far up his own backside. He had a feeling that they wouldn't get on very well unless he grew a brain soon.

While Sem started to lecture Darron on his rather nasty attitude towards 'Nally', Shadow simply sat and listened to the conversation with vague interest. When the Murkrow told the newcomers his name, the Mightyena decided to follow suit and introduce himself too. He had to make a good impression, didn't he? "Shadow," he mumbled with a slight nod. Oh yeah, nice work...

Trying to act like a nice guy when it was so against his normal nature was getting rather hard, especially when he was surrounded by idiots, wimps and diseased birds. He just wanted to retreat back to his little shed and stay there, alone, and wait for the world to get its arse back into gear. His lack of sleep was making him irritable and his limbs were starting to ache; he wasn't exactly getting any younger.

Last edited by Nightfall on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:13 am