Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+22
Fern
Nightfall
R'hia Kyrie
Arceus Bladed
Min
Catalyst
Starbits
Mew
Xerneas
Drago
Duma
Chroma
Dandelion
Requiem
RhysandNight
Rampardos
Silverishness
Scizor
Snitch
renegade
Negative10
Bitterblue
26 posters

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team  - Page 16 Empty Re: (ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Post by Nightfall Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hearthome City/Late Afternoon (77)

Heart still pounding from the shock of the pink thing's appearance, Rocket frowned as Drago appeared to recognise her, calling her 'Mew'. She floated up from the ground towards the dragon's face and wrapped her tiny arms around his snout. "Oh gods... It's been... so long. I thought something terrible would have happened by now..." Not sure what she was on about, Rocket kept his position by the bookshelf and scoffed at the small Pokemon; she looked as though she'd snap in half like a twig if he even poked her. Rocket growled as he stared at a shard of glass next to his foot - as far as he was concerned, she was another body to drag around.

"I'm... sorry about my scaring you all. There's.... someone out in the city isn't very friendly, to say the least. Shot me out of the sky like I was a clay pigeon." That caught Rocket's attention. He looked up at her, his amber eyes narrowing. "What was it?" he asked, trying not to sound as alarmed as he felt. "Did you see it?" No doubt it was one of the bastards that tried to kill them, perhaps even the Swampert himself. Rocket's tongue felt along the cut in his mouth where the beast had punched him.

He stopped listening to the conversation then, his gaze staring fixedly out of the window. Someone else had arrived; a Tauros by the look of its reflection, and he actually threatened to attack Mew. Rocket snorted loudly, watching the bull get stopped in his tracks by psychic energy - the guy had balls to challenge a 'legend', or so Mew had called herself.

A flicker of movement on one of the nearby rooftops sparked Rocket's anxiety and he stood up to his full height. "All right, enough of the bullshit. I'm sick of this fucking city, so I'm getting out of here, and I'm doing it now." As he approached the door, he turned back to everyone. "You should all come ... I'm not making the same mistake as last time, all right? We go together ... this place isn't safe," he added to Mew and the Tauros. "There's another group of survivors here and our mere presence here is pissing them off - they want us dead. If we stick together and don't draw attention, we may be able to get out without those assholes noticing us." He winced as he touched his swollen eye again, noticing Halloween's healed injuries with a wounded look - why hadn't Mew healed him as well? He'd done just as much fighting as he had.

"You all ready to go?" he said, looking out and up at the sky at the slowly sinking sun - they needed to be quick.

((Clearly not my night for good posts XDD))
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:57 am

Hearthome City| |Late Afternoon

"Y-yeah. I'm Mew, you're right." Ah, well. Francesca certainly never anticipated meeting a legendary in her life, but regardless this was a welcomed meeting. It is, at the very least, nice to know that their so-called gods are still alive. "I'm... sorry about my scaring you all. There's.... someone out in the city isn't very friendly, to say the least. Shot me out of the sky like I was a clay pigeon." Oh?

"What was it? Did you see it?" Rocket immediately asks, and the Krookodile angles her head for an answer too. Who'd be so bold to attack a legend, and who'd be so powerful to shoot them out of the sky...?

The sudden arrival or a massive bull only made the Krookodile furrow her brow further, the bovine not even giving a name as he shoulders inside to grumble and--wow holy shit, threaten Mew? She releases a chuckle when his body goes rigid from psychic energy. "Looks like he's learning the hard way," she muses.

"All right, enough of the bullshit. I'm sick of this fucking city, so I'm getting out of here, and I'm doing it now." Slowly, she raises her gaze to meet the Garchomp's, listening attentively to his words. "You should all come ... I'm not making the same mistake as last time, all right? We go together ... this place isn't safe,"

"I have no plans on wandering off again." Francesca offers a friendly smile and nod. "Besides, I'd feel shitty if I just left after our reunion."

"... We need to scout ahead first and have a plan of action on where we're going. If we leave the city, I am not leading three kids and a Legend to an open space where we get eaten during the night. Let the fliers find a direction to go first," The Arcanine adds his comments, and the Krookodile nods.

"I can help scout," she offers with little hesitation. "I'm in pretty good shape, anyways."
    Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fern Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:00 pm

HEARTHOME CITY|LATE AFTERNOON

{2}

Whiskey jolted in disbelief as the pink thing-the enemy-had the audacity to raise it's grubby palm at him. Doesn't she...he...it...know not to defile me? He smirked slightly, raising his head as if the Legend was his subordinate. Whiskey scanned the room for someone who was in awe of his bravery, but he was met with casual, disapproving glances.

And then, suddenly, he was up. He felt as if he were in limbo between flying and falling, and he almost vomited as his stomach overturned. Hacking, he gasped a perplexed, "Ohuh? as that was all he could manage through gritted teeth.

By Arceus, he was going to die. And he always imagined himself as the type to look at death in the face and spit, but now he wasn't so sure of that. The psychic energy was pressing, enveloping, but he found no comfort in its hearth. No, he was going to die cold, alone, and afraid, just like he convinced himself he wouldn't.

But his courage and stupidity shook hands in that moment, and his eyes squinted and steeled over in determination. If he was going to die, he was going out with a bang.

"Please don't threaten me. It makes me want to think you're... unwell, soon to turn. I would hate to have to kill you, and trust me, I have the capability to do so."

Whiskey heard Mew somewhat, but didn't hang on every word. He tossed what the Legend had said around in his mind, and with his warped sense of perception, decided that the cat had threatened him. Whiskey was infuriated.

He couldn't see or hear much in the Psychic sphere, only garbled words and moving blurs of color. He had picked up that the fools were following along with the charade that the cat was pulling. Whiskey knew that innocent demeanor was a facade. He mumbled, "I know everything. I am a God." There seemed to be no reaction from figures flitting about outside his psychic prison.

"YOU HEAR THAT? I AM A GOD! YOU ARE FOOLS TO TRUST IN THIS...this..." he trailed off, unsure of what insult to throw out, and instead ended his rant with a frustrated bellow that proceeded to crescendo into an almost deafening yell.

He ended his tantrum by spitting at Mew, unsure if it would make contact due to the bubble that surrounded him. His eyes were frenzied; his heart was pummeling in his chest. "F...fuck you all..." he mumbled, ceasing his childish lament in a huff.

[[OOC: I apologize for the late and somewhat thrown together post, my Internet has been being stupidly slow and disconnecting randomly. Mew, I'm sorry I wasn't online for you to contact me. It's fine for you to pick up Whiskey; he needs to get his whiny butt in gear anyways. XD]]

Last edited by Vanilla on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mew
    Mew
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Mew Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:26 pm

I'm terribly sorry, please skip me. Feel free to use me as one would an NPC.

Maintainence/Coding Admin
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:42 pm

((Skip please.))
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon
    (10) (5)

"Mew..."

...Mew...?

The name echoes in Michael's ears, and repeats itself over and over as if somehow that will dull his reaction. Michael is familiar with the Kanto legends, and the idea that there was actually one here, right now, with them-his heart starts to pound in a painful rhythm, every beat was thunder roaring and screaming to be released. Surely this was merely a dream, and something to be forgotten quickly. Maybe, maybe if he closes his eyes, Michael will be alone once more.
    A goddess.
    "A...a goddess..." Michael echoes the voice in a strangled whisper. Even though he kicks and screams, his mind drags him back to them, their face, their brilliant smiling face asking him a single question out of pure curiosity. The sun had been shining, the sky clear, as hopelessly idyllic as he has always wanted the scene to be.

"Do you believe in goddesses, Mikey?" they had asked that day; it had been an innocent question, and his answer was lost to him. His most beloved had asked something else-something important-but their words were drowned out by the sounds of crackling flames and the shouting of strangers. The heat, the smoke that choked the air, all of it had threatened to destroy him. That day, it might have been easy.

Then there was a voice. Furious, impatient, it...

"I swear to Arceus if you try anything, I will impale you with my horns and wear your limp, bleeding body as a trophy." Michael stares at the bull, at the complete stranger, an odd sensation lingering in his paws. He wants to see Mew crush the life out of it, to see it thrash and scream and-
    And...no. No. That was not him. That was the other voice. Not him. Someone else was speaking now, somebody familiar, and all he has to do is focus.
    Focus?
    "Focus," Michael asserts, and for a moment he thinks he sees a shadow of a satisfied smile before it vanishes into the back of his scattered thoughts. The dragon named Rocket pipes up, saying stuff that has become obvious to everyone by now, and Halloween's response is almost enough to make Michael grin. Serves him right, he thinks. The Arcanine was much better leadership material, and Rocket's poor attempt to take charge wasn't going to change that fact. Michael half-listens to the rest of the exchange, already bored of the subject at hand. Leave now, leave later, plans, all of it was dull, dull, dull.

"YOU HEAR THAT? I AM A GOD! YOU ARE FOOLS TO TRUST IN THIS...this..." the bull shouts suddenly, and Michael's ears perk at the word "god". This-this pathetic thing thought it was a god? As if an actual god would give such a shameful display, and throw a childish tantrum over one of its fellow deities. In his head, there are echoes of condescending laughter, which only grows louder with each passing second.
    Did you hear him, Michael? Did you-
    "I heard, you know I heard."
    He thinks he's a god! A god!
    Now Michael cannot ignore the sheer absurdity of the situation, and he too begins to laugh, and aims his laughter straight at the bull Pokemon that had forced his way into the situation and made an utter fool of himself. Though he can hear Halloween speak, Michael doesn't pay the words any attention.

Connor hung back from the other Pokemon, his ears pressed against the side of his head and his tail tucked firmly by his side. There was so many things being thrown around by the group, something about the newcomer being named Mew and then that strange cow thing had just shoved his way into their shelter-no, Connor couldn't handle it. He couldn't drown out any of the voices and, whimpering slightly, he decided to simply wait until the entire thing was solved without him. Connor was petrified to that spot, his heart thumping against his chest; if he tried to run, that pink cat would lift him up too and kill him, he knew she would in a second. The Eevee shut his eyes tightly, hoping that everybody he was scared of would just vanish, but it was hopeless. When he dared to look again, nothing had changed.

"All right, enough of the bullshit. I'm sick of this fucking city, so I'm getting out of here, and I'm doing it now." Rocket said, standing up and turning to leave. Connor stared at him with wide eyes; how was he supposed to move to follow? Rocket began talking to the two complete strangers, and Connor turned his attention to Halloween, Beatrice, and the one named Michael who had been mumbling to someone who was invisible. What were they going to do? Would they follow? Halloween said something about getting eaten and Connor immediately cowers again. He didn't want to be eaten, he didn't want to be scared and hurt, he wanted his sister here and she was nowhere to be found.

"Will you be staying with us long term? If you are unable to walk, I am capable of carrying you. You too, Connor, Michael. We likely will need to be very quick once we set out." At the thought of traveling, Connor's torn paws seem to burn with pain even worse, and he can't help but whimper once more, looking up at Halloween while his eyes water. He's about to give an answer when the cow-creature starts screaming at them, and Michael starts laughing like he's crazy-Connor's answer dies in his throat and he instinctively moves away from the two and closer to the entrance. When Halloween asked where Drago was, Connor finally realized that the dragon was missing-where had he gone? How did he leave without anybody seeing...what if...what if something had snatched him up?

"I...I just wanted to find my s-sister..." he says in a weak, shaky voice.

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:42 pm

(ooc; rip i am so sorry but i...don't really know what to make francesca do since i don't have much to work with. sorry this is so late i was kicked out of the house for the whole day because realtors orz)
    Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fern Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:32 am

Hearthome City|Late Afternoon

{3}

"If you're a God, then I'm your fucking towel boy, dickwad," insulted the Arcanine--or at least that's what he assumed the speaker was, but that was based heavily on deduction. Whiskey felt his eyes and ears gradually adjust to his...what was it? Quarantine? Prison? For the love of Arceus, could it be his cage? As if he were some disgrace of life, a primitive beast, a waste of space?!

A sensible thought, a rarity for Whiskey, crossed his mind--maybe he was the danger here. But when he heard uncontrollable barks of laughter, his eyes narrowed into angered slits.
    They are fools. They are all fools. The irritated Tauros braced his head and bashed the interior of the psychic sphere with his horns, but this attempt to escape was in vain. The walls were far too rigid to burst through; the impact of ramming his horns into an unyielding barrier caused him to howl with pain.

For a few moments, he lingered there stunned while his head throbbed with a fusion of agony and anger. His breathing was rapid with a twinge of desperation. These fools need a leader. If they are too stupid to be cautious during the damn apocalypse, they need someone like me who knows what they are doing, he tilted his head in consideration. He had to gain their trust somehow, and obviously showing them his raw power had not helped his case in the slightest.

With a sigh, he forced himself to be submissive. He wordlessly hung his head. I am not letting them win or cast themselves over me. I will not be subordinate. But they need help. If it is true that this Mew is a Legend...well, well, I was brave, wasn't I? Going up against a Legend! They should see my bravery, see that I could be a hero here. I can help somebody, once they accept that I am always correct. I just have to gain their trust, stop trying to escape, so I, a God, can be released and take the place I rightfully deserve.

And, for once in his life, Whiskey stood still despite the ire pulsing through his veins.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:46 am

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 10
    Continued from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

His paws are absolutely fucking killing him.

The ribbons Valentine tended to keep as clean as possible drag along the ground--he has no energy to spare to keep them up.  His steps are slow, his head low.  The warmth from the sun is soothing, but the orange glow of the sky signals that soon evening will arrive and the area will cool down.  It could honestly be much worse, he reflects; he could be stranded in a place with snow or some shit.  Like one of those icy caverns he remembers hearing of, or Snowbelle, or Snowpoint, which is actually the more likely of all those options for him to come across; considering that a glance around confirms he is in Hearthome, so he's definitely in Sinnoh.  Not that he knows where Hearthome is in relation to Snowpoint.

He'd like to believe that should he start coming across snow, even in his sleep deprived addled state he'd have the pretense of mind to turn the fuck around and go back.

Well, on the bright side, there should be shelter here.  And possibly food.  If I can't find a safe place to sleep, food would be compensation...

Necessary compensation.  He can't see his ribcage yet, but his hunger has gone a bit past the kind of pain he has grown used to; now it's a deep, pervading need.  It won't be long before he is emaciated.

He pauses for a moment to lean against a wall, resting his disheveled hide against it.  The dizzy spell is quick to go, but a needle of fear pricks him.  This is just the beginning; if he doesn't start getting consistent food and sleep soon, he is only going to decline further.  The spells will get more and more frequent...

They'll pick you off, pin you from behind while the world is tilting and shifting around you, when you're too busy trying to keep the sparce contents of your stomach in place.  Then they'll rip into your throat, your belly; they'll feed on you and you'll choke on your own blood; you'll be just another statistic no one is even keeping track of anymore...

With a shudder he drags himself from his daydream.  Those thoughts are going to lead nowhere but mental decline, and with his physical health already starting to dip, now is not the time to suffer a meltdown.  He has to stay sharp.

Deep breath in.  He starts again, lifting his head this time to wearily eyeball the surrounding area.  One ear flicks as a snatch of sound steals his attention, and he blinks.  Responding without thought, his body steers to the right, following the sound--it's not long before his heart begins to thud in his chest.  So that's why he reacted that way; he heard people talking.  His tail begins to wag, and the silly grin that plasters itself onto his face goes unchecked.  Forcing his pace into a trot, he turns a corner and-

"If you're a God, then I'm your fucking towel boy, dickwad."

Well.  That was... not on his list of things he expected to hear.  Not what he expected to see, either; a small gathering of Pokemon, and thankfully all alive--no smell of rotting bodies here.  Too late he realizes he is within sight of a group of total strangers, and fear explodes in his chest... only to be instantly replaced by shock as his brown eyes fall upon the final member; a floating pink cat.

Mew...?

Sitting on his haunches, Valentine takes a moment to remember to close his mouth, thinking that, in hindsight, seeing a god absolutely warranted him the right to gape.

oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Mew
    Mew
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Mew Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:44 pm

I'm terribly sorry, but please skip me. I know I just came out of the SH, but life is... preventing me from posting.

Maintainence/Coding Admin
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:44 am

Hearthome City/Late Afternoon (78)

Rocket could've clawed that damn Arcanine right across the face; not because his plan to scout the city for a way out was the last thing that the Garchomp wanted to do, but because he was right. None of them knew their way around this city for shit, except perhaps Francesca, and running out there without knowing where they were going would only end badly. No doubt that asshole of a Swampert and his followers were looking for them, and Rocket didn't fancy facing off against him again, especially considering how terribly it ended for him last time.

But he wasn't the only one that mattered anymore. He had allies to protect, although he wasn't sure just how many of them he could consider an 'ally' given his shameful performance just a few minutes ago. His evolution into Garchomp was supposed to be the turning point in his life; the ultimate goal that he had worked and fought so hard to achieve, but to get his ass kicked by a single Pokemon just minutes later hadn't been part of the plan. He'd wanted to evolve to get stronger, to conquer; not to end up running away with his tail between his legs like a pansy.

"I can help scout. I'm in pretty good shape, anyways." Oh no. Francesca was not leaving him alone with these guys so soon after coming back.
    He pushed off the cabinet he was leaning on, swaying as he regained his balance. "I'll come with you," he said. While he had no doubts that the Krookodile could look out for herself, her sudden disappearance before had unsettled him. Besides, she was the only one here he could even consider a friend, and Rocket was not about to let go of that.

He winced as he took a step towards the door, hoping that the pain would gradually fade as he got moving again and wondering why the hell this 'Mew' had decided to heal Halloween and not him. Well, fuck you too. He couldn't find the will to waste any energy on these guys; he had a feeling he'd need it just trying to get out of this city alive.
    "Oh, and you," he rounded on the Tauros with a snarl as he finished his rant. "Shut the fuck up. You want those guys to hear your bullshit and find us before we've even had chance to scout? You keep that mouth shut while you're with us, you got it?"

His amber eyes looked round at everyone as he ducked under the door frame. "We'll find the quickest way out of here. You guys stay put, keep watch and-- He cursed loudly as he nearly tripped over a Sylveon that had appeared outside the door. "Fuckin' -- just -- c'mon, let's go," he grumbled to Francesca, stomping past the Fairy-type and out into the streets. He looked upwards at the slowly sinking sun. They'd have to hurry.

((I want this team back on its feet. Try not to skip if you can help it, guys, and let's get this going again.))
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:09 am

(I'm sorry...skip me. I can't think of a thing to write.)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:08 pm

"I'll come with you," Rocket pipes up from his location, and Francesca nods her acknowledgement. It would be significantly better if she had company, expecially familiar company. She still barely knows any of the others' names, and while theoretically it would be a good idea to get to know them, the Krookodile has no plans on trying to socialize herself with the survivors when tensions are so high.

She follows as the Garchomp steps towards the door, turning back slightly to drop her own comment. "I'll keep my eyes out for--Drago, was it?--while scouting. Maybe he's still in the city." Honestly, she's not sure how they all managed to miss a massive green dragon leaving the building, but with everything that's happened so far--with the presence of Mew--she supposes it's not too far-fetched.

She perks up when Rocket's words are cut off, following his gaze downwards to catch the sight of a...Sylveon. Now where did that come from? "Fuckin' -- just -- c'mon, let's go," the dragon grumbles, and Francesca nods before swiftly following him out the door, gingerly stepping past the new eeveelution.

The streets are softly illuminated by the sunset glow, and it quickly becomes apparent that there isn't much time left. Once the dusk settles, navigating through the safely would become too dangerous. Francesca quietly observes her surroundings, gaze lingering on hollow streets and crumbling buildings. Whatever windows that remain reflect a similarly vibrant colour that her scales hold, shards of glass shimmering soft reds and hints of orange.

"Which way do you wanna head, first?" Francesca mumbles her question, slowly turning back to look at her companion properly. The expression on her face holds vague concern, worry for Rocket. "Or...better question, where should we avoid?"
    Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fern Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:58 pm

{4}

Well, this was just going swimmingly. Whiskey could tell that the group was dysfunctional and desperately required a leader figure. But if he weren't to be it, well...how would that work? Would he have to rise in arbitrary ranks here? For them to listen to him, for him to be of  help in this makeshift 'team,' he would have to become respectable. And he hated to admit it to himself, but he hadn't presented himself with the proper approach. What the Garchomp said next reinforced that thought; "Oh, and you. Shut the fuck up. You want those guys to hear your bullshit and find us before we've even had chance to scout? You keep that mouth shut while you're with us, you got it?"

Whiskey grumbled, but nodded reluctantly. He had to keep a cool head, but that was difficult. He could feel the hot sensation of anger already numbing his lips, that same feeling that came prior to giving someone a tongue-lashing.

"We'll find the quickest way out of here. You guys stay put, keep watch and--Fuckin' -- just -- c'mon, let's go."

"Wait, I'd like to tag alon--" he began, but the Garchomp and the Krookidile were already gone into the crisp afternoon air. Whiskey fell to his haunches in a huff. This was reducing his dignity to rubble. The little voice that Whiskey despised was speaking in the outskirts of his mind again, telling him maybe this was a game-changer for him, that maybe he could mature from this situation.

But that wasn't very likely. He was far too sure of himself to change. And earning these Pokemons' trust after they basically laughed at him...well, that was a challenge in itself.
    (Well, it's still a challenge I guess. Something to help the days go by...who knows, I may come out of this with an army behind me.) He smirked.

"Alright, all of you," he stated, hoping to grasp their attention. "I...I apologize for my outrageous display?" Whiskey winced at his own words, and it came out more like an inquiry than a statement. How pathetic he sounded. (It's for the greater good...it's for the greater good...)

"Now, I'd like to help. I hope you all will allow me to be an addition to this party," he concluded, staring down at his hooves in a daze. The kind words--words that established equilibrium rather than authority--felt like acid on his lips.

[[OOC; trying to make Whiskey more of an addition rather than just an annoying prick/dead weight. hoping that will make things run a little more smoothly. I apologize if him not particuarally doing much of anything besides being a jerk slowed the team down. ^-^;]]
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Sun May 03, 2015 1:36 am

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 11

This group is a fucking mess.

Not two minutes after arriving he can pick up on the sour vibes, briefly wondering if bothering to investigate the area for living had been a good idea after all.  

I was so happy at the thought of finding survivors that I didn't think on whether or not they might be FRIENDLY survivors.  He could kick himself for such a giant error, he really could.  Hungry and tired or not, these were mistakes he could not afford to make.  And yet, he just did.  How brilliant of him.  He's lucky it didn't cost him his life immediately.

"Alright, all of you... I...I apologize for my outrageous display?" Valentine stares at the buffalo in contempt, seeing right through his words--honestly, a child could have, with the way it sounded more like a question than anything resembling sincerity.   "Now, I'd like to help. I hope you all will allow me to be an addition to this party."

He can be an addition all he wants to be; nothing suggested outright malice and he doesn't seem worth an argument.  The vulpine huffs and turns, bolting after the dragon and the crocodile.  It should be easier to speak with two people instead of a roomful, and maybe he'll find food wandering with them instead of listening to that dumb buffalo.  Thankfully the two have not gotten far, though Valentine hesitates upon locating them.

I didn't think about how I would approach them.  Shit.  This "not thinking" thing needs to stop; it's seriously going to get him killed someday.

"... Um... hello?  I was wondering if I could come scout with the two of you?  That buffalo annoys me.  I've been to this city once before; if you need help navigating I'm better than nothing."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu May 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Hearthome City/Late Afternoon (79)

"Which way do you wanna head, first?" Francesca asked him as they made their way down the streets. Rocket
    was on full alert, watching every shadow, peering through every window for any signs of movement. He felt so exposed, so open ... that Swampert or any of his group could've been watching them right at that moment. The Garchomp's jaw tightened as he growled softly; if that lumbering great toad showed his face again he'd tear his stupid, ugly head straight off his shoulders. That'd teach him to ruin his evolution.

"Or...better question, where should we avoid?" Rocket stretched out his arms and flexed his neck muscles; now that he was moving he wasn't hurting quite so much. He needed to limber up in case of an attack, so he kept exercising his muscles as he went.

"Probably not that way," he replied, gesturing a claw at the street behind him. "Around the Poffin House, I mean. That's where we were attacked." He shrugged, now circling his shoulders. "I guess we just keep going until we find something. Be on your guard though," he added. Hearthome was a massive city, but Rocket didn't know just how many other Pokemon were around. Dozens, hundreds, thousands? Did the group just have one area of the city which they inhabited, or did they have lots of different outposts? "Those guys know we're still around, and I'll bet they're looking for us."

"... Um... hello?" A sudden voice from behind startled Rocket, and he whirled round with a snarl, his claws raised. He did not lower them even as the Sylveon from before continued to speak. "I was wondering if I could come scout with the two of you?  That buffalo annoys me." Rocket couldn't hide a smirk after that; the bull was a weird one all right. "I've been to this city once before; if you need help navigating I'm better than nothing."

That got Rocket's attention. The dragon lowered his claws and nodded. "If you can help us find a quick and safe way out of here, I'll be your buddy," he grinned. "We gotta be careful though - there's another group of Pokemon around here and they don't like visitors--" A sudden thought struck Rocket, and his grin morphed into a snarl. So many new Pokemon had turned up since the attack; how was he to know whether they had good intentions or not? Whether they were already part of another group...?

"You. Walk in front of us," he snapped at the Fairy-type, pointing a claw down the street. "Try anything funny and you'll regret it." He shot a glance at Francesca, hoping she would understand what he was getting at. He'd left the others behind with the newcomers as well ... he could only hope that he wouldn't add another regret to his list.
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Thu May 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon
    (11) (6)

Connor wanted to run, even though his paws hurt and there were bad Pokemon out in the city who could hurt him. His instinct to flee was so strong it almost hurt just to stand there. But when he looked at Halloween, and saw the gentle look on the canine's face, he knew he couldn't just run away. There were so few Pokemon he felt safe around, and if he left, and never found his sister...who would he have then?

"I'll help you look for her, alright? I am looking for my own sister, though the feisty thing probably doesn't need my help. But we also have to get to safety so we can rest without worrying about the dumb mudfish." At Halloween's words, Connor is shocked, then immediately his heart began to lift with unexpected emotion. He would actually, really help him find Penelope? The Eevee realised he was actually feeling overjoyed instead of scared-Halloween was actually going to help him look! Connor was overwhelmed, and even though he wanted to say "thank you", the words didn't come out. That didn't matter though. I'm going to find my sister. Halloween will help me, we'll find her, I know it! If he had the energy, and didn't hurt all over, Connor would've started bouncing in place.
    What was her name? What did your sister look like?"
    "Her...her name's Penelope," Connor said, looking up at Halloween, a hopeful look on his face. "She looks j-just like me, but she has brown eyes." His smile is tiny and innocent; he doesn't even think of how the description makes Penelope sound like just about any average Eevee.

Michael's laughter dies out; his throat aches and the pain in his head starts to become worse. He listens to the conversation between Halloween and Connor, and his good mood begins to slowly fade away, replaced by longing for the Minicchio he has not seen in what feels like a lifetime. Nobody will ever help me find you. Because I am a coward, through-and-through. How he missed their laughter, their smiles, even their flaws he missed horribly. It was as if he'd lost a part of his own self in that fire, on that day, not just his Minccino. How dramatic. Michael does not have the energy to speak back to the voice, and simply leaves the comment alone.
    But none of it mattered anymore. He was here now, nothing else needed to be on his mind. The Tauros' apology was pathetic, but Michael knows it's better than more threats and declarations of godhood. A start was more useful than nothing at all, but that doesn't make the stranger anymore trustworthy. The Growlithe turns to the bull again, wondering why he had even bothered to show up and mess with them in the first place. Was it really worth all the trouble?
    "You say you want to help," Michael says, "But how are we supposed to trust you after your...less than friendly outburst?"

Hypocrite.
    Shut the fuck up already.

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Mon May 18, 2015 1:11 pm

"Probably not that way. Around the Poffin House, I mean. That's where we were attacked." Rocket gestures with a claw and Francesca's sight slowly follows, responding with a loose nod as she looks in the general direction. She continues to keep pace alongside the Garchomp with gentler footsteps, eyes wide open and on guard in case anything attacks. "Those guys know we're still around, and I'll bet they're looking for us."

"Right," she mumbles, surveying the area around them carefully, "so who're 'those guys'? You only ever mentioned the groups and never the individuals. How big are they?" She quietly hopes she has a type advantage against at least one of them--at least then she has a chance of helping.

Both reptiles turn in surprise at the sudden voice from behind them, Francesca taking a few moments of confusion to look down to see the origin of the voice. The fairy from earlier? The Syvleon offers his help. "I've been to this city once before; if you need help navigating I'm better than nothing." Rocket seems to grin, accepting the eeveelution's offer but rightfully ordering him to walk in front of the duo. Francesca meets Rocket's glance and gives a firm nod.

Her gaze quickly analyzes the fairy-type before her, a small frown twitching at her lips. She didn't quite expect to encounter one of the infamous dragonslayer species in the middle of Sinnoh. "What's your name?" The question comes out rough on the edges, leaning towards more of a sharp remark than a simply inquiry.
    Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fern Mon May 18, 2015 1:16 pm

{5}

Whiskey refused to flinch at Halloweens' narrowed eyes, which he noticed was glinting a sharp, irritated emerald. He exhaled in rhythmic puffs as the Arcanine rumbled, "What makes you think I should trust you?" Whiskey opened his mouth, but was frozen into a slackjaw as Halloween continued, "What is to stop you from pulling us into an ambush--like we just barely escaped-- or betraying us when it suits you? There are kids here who need the help, and I will not let you put them or an injured Legend in harm's way."

And then the Growlithe spoke, spitting the exact accusation,"You say you want to help. But how are we supposed to trust you after your...less than friendly outburst?"

"Watch your tongue, both of you! Don't accuse me of being a threat. If this--this Mew were truly a threat in disguise, you would be honoring me for standing up to he--she--it. But I was cautious and perceived it as a threat. Don't automatically distrust me for being careful," Whiskey snorted, thrashing his head from side to side as he ranted. "And the whole damn reason I attacked Mew in the first place was because I wanted to protect you fools." He paused for a moment, swiping his tongue along his dry lips. He absentmindedly slurped up the saliva that dripped to his chin with a disgusting squelch.

"Now, you say the children need help--I know the Eevee wants to find his sister--and I can give you help as long as you put a sliver of trust in me. For Arceus sakes, you know you need the help, especially considering how dysfunctional this team is! You don't even have a leader figure," he grunted. As pathetic as he sounded, he was preaching the truth. He hadn't stomped on his own pride, anyhow. He saw no fault in the words he had spoken.

As usual.

[[OOC; thanks renegade <3]]
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Mon May 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 12

"If you can help us find a quick and safe way out of here, I'll be your buddy." Barely aware of the patheticness of the display, Valentine's tail starts to wag.  Oh, finally.  Company!  Company that doesn't want to tear his face off, and an added bonus this guy doesn't seem like a prick. "We gotta be careful though - there's another group of Pokemon around here and they don't like visitors--"

The dragon's face changes, the grin turning into a scowl.  Valentine's ears lay back and he takes a step away.  What the heck?  What did he do?  He didn't say anything so it can't have been something he said.  Why is the dragon angry?

Aw shit is he going to attack?  Fuck.

"You. Walk in front of us." The fairy blinks at the order, his fur spiking along his spine at the growl in the Garchomp's voice as he stares ahead to where the dragon is pointing. "Try anything funny and you'll regret it."

He really doesn't want to have his back to them.  So much for "company that doesn't want to tear my face off."  Fantastic. He still has no idea what he did to piss him off, too.  Could the guy just be paranoid?  Slowly, Valentine walks on ahead to comply with the order-- if he doesn't want bloodshed, running would be a mistake; this guy is way too pissed to not attack.

"What's your name?"  He's a few paces in front of them when the crocodile asks, and he jumps slightly, having not expected the question.  She doesn't seem to be trying to make pleasantries-- her voice is a touch more barbed than he'd like.  "Um.  Valentine."  He resumes his walk and puts a few more paces between himself and the other two, trying to keep his gait casual.  "Most of my friends call me "Val" for short."  

Does he dare ask?

Well... he has to ask a different question anyway.  Might as well.

"Few things: Firstly, may I have your names?  Secondly, I need to know where you'd like to go, or me navigating won't do shit.  And thirdly, I was wondering if any of you have seen a human around anywhere?  Goes by the name Alex, kinda average height, in their twenties, short brown hair.  They probably had a Tyrantrum with them?"  Despite the earlier hostility from the pair behind him he can't keep the hopeful tone out of his voice.

little fairy

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri May 22, 2015 11:34 am

Hearthome City/Late Afternoon (80)

The Sylveon complied with Rocket's order for him to walk in front, much to the dragon's relief. His paranoia was beginning to flare once more; for all he knew any one of these new Pokemon that had turned up since the ambush could've come along to lead them into a trap. The pink Eeveelution was no different; golden eyes watched every made the Sylveon made as he walked a few paces ahead of them. Francesca asked him his name, to which he replied that it was Valentine, or Val for short.

"Few things: Firstly, may I have your names? Rocket growled, not liking his tone as he went on. "Secondly, I need to know where you'd like to go, or me navigating won't do shit."

"We want passage out of the city," Rocket replied. "The safest, quickest route. You do that and I'll be a little nicer." The dragon's nostrils flared as he snorted, his burned tail flicking anxiously behind him. "I don't wanna be rude or nothin', but we ain't got any proof that you're not with that group of assholes that I mentioned earlier. I ain't taking any chances."

"And thirdly, I was wondering if any of you have seen a human around anywhere?" The third question caught Rocket off guard and he blinked at the Fairy-type. "Goes by the name Alex, kinda average height, in their twenties, short brown hair.  They probably had a Tyrantrum with them?"

A human? Seriously, was this guy high? Humans were nowhere near strong enough to survive an epidemic like this; surely the Sylveon realised that. Pokemon were dropping like flies all over the place; if they couldn't make it, how could a human?

"No, I haven't," he answered offhandedly, his tail twitching with impatience. They had better things to worry about than a creature that was more than likely extinct. "You just concentrate in getting us out of here in one piece, OK? Point us to the right route and then we'll go back and get the others."

"And I'm not telling you my name until I know I can trust you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:28 am