Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+22
Fern
Nightfall
R'hia Kyrie
Arceus Bladed
Min
Catalyst
Starbits
Mew
Xerneas
Drago
Duma
Chroma
Dandelion
Requiem
RhysandNight
Rampardos
Silverishness
Scizor
Snitch
renegade
Negative10
Bitterblue
26 posters

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team  - Page 17 Empty Re: (ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Post by Min Wed May 27, 2015 12:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Hearthome City| |Late Afternoon

As the Sylveon begins to step forward, Francesca follows steadily behind. Each footfall is careful but firm, her sight constantly glancing around her surroundings while still managing to keep an eye of the fairy-type in front of them. "Um. Valentine. Most of my friends call me "Val" for short." After introducing himself the Sylveon goes on to inquire a few notes, ones that Rocket quickly speak upon. Francesca tilts her head to the Garchomp's voice.

"We want passage out of the city. The safest, quickest route. You do that and I'll be a little nicer." He goes on to mention his caution--a rightful wariness, especially with so many survivors appearing from seemingly nowhere. The Krookodile nods her agreement, brows rising at the question of whether or not a human has been spotted.

She shrugs as she speaks, drawing her lips into a thin line of brief thought. "Naw, haven't seen any humans for a while." She answers easily, crossing her arms. "Doubt any of them are still alive, honestly." Her own tone settles slightly in response to the Sylveon's more hopeful words--she is not a Pokemon of discourse, after all. She'd rather her actions speak for her.

"Have you been looking for the human this whole time?" Despite herself, she lets her slight curiosity slip from her throat. Pokemon usually sought out their trainers or caretakers, and if this Sylveon's been looking for their's this whole epidemic? Now that's some dedication--she could respect that.
    Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fern Wed May 27, 2015 7:34 pm

HEARTHOME CITY|LATE AFTERNOON
    {6}
    Whiskey whipped his head from side to side, eyeing each canine with a furious squint. His nostrils flared as did his anger; how dare these insolent excuses for Pokemon accuse him of such a travesty? He was being truthful--although it was harsh, it still was the truth.

"Fine. If you are going to accuse me with no proof, with no insight on my thoughts--you can all fucking perish for all I care. Later on, when you make a stupid choice, you'll need me more than ever. Next time I see you, you'll be lying dead and broken on the asphalt." He bucked his rear legs, then gave a guttural bellow, bolting out of the building. He felt broken glass from Mew's impact crunch beneath his strong hooves.

He would be back one day. Whether they were dead or not--it didn't matter.

He was a God nonetheless. And he would be praised.

[[OOC; leaving post. sorry it's so short. going through a time. i'll be back soon once i feel better, guys. i love you all and it has been an honor being on this team with you!!]]
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Sat May 30, 2015 12:44 am

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 13

"We want passage out of the city." Okay.  Out of the city.  He should be able to manage that. "The safest, quickest route. You do that and I'll be a little nicer.  I don't wanna be rude or nothin', but we ain't got any proof that you're not with that group of assholes that I mentioned earlier. I ain't taking any chances."  So he did nothing wrong; this guy's just paranoid.  And from the sounds of it, for good reason.  Fuck, there's another group in this city?  It would explain why the group he'd stumbled on was such a mess.  They must have just escaped a fight with the other group in the city.  This can only end badly.

"Naw, haven't seen any humans for a while.  Doubt any of them are still alive, honestly."  He winces.  Thanks for the reminder, Miss Croc.  

"No, I haven't.  You just concentrate in getting us out of here in one piece, OK? Point us to the right route and then we'll go back and get the others."  His ears droop, but Valentine can't say he didn't expect this.  "And I'm not telling you my name until I know I can trust you."

"All right.  Fair enough.  Now, from what I can gather, we were in the Poffin House.  There's the church right there."  He turns around to nod his head at the steeples rising above the other buildings before turning around to resume his walk.  "And there's the Pokemart riiiiiiiiiight... there!"  He waves a paw at the broken down store as they pass, thankful for its blue roof that makes it so recognizable even after all this time.  "So that means, if I'm remembering right, we go several blocks this way... and then a few down in that direction... we should be near an exit to the city.  Depending on where these assholes you were talking about are, leaving the city will either be pretty easy or very hard.  See, there are three ways in and out of Hearthome and they're literally located all on the same block.  The good news is that the one we're closest to is at the opposite end of the street from the other two and probably too far away to be seen by them if they're over there unless they have a flier in the group who might be patrolling the skies.  So as long as they're congregating at either those two exits or closer to the Contest Hall and whatever flier they might have doesn't see us, we should be fine as far as that problem goes.  There's still plenty of daylight out, so we shouldn't be running into too many undead, either."

"Have you been looking for the human this whole time?"   He blinks, not sure what surprises him more-- the question or the fact that she sounds surprised.  "Yeah.  They're... very dear to me.  And there's them and my five friends that make up our teammates; when we scattered I saw my human with two of them, so I know they have at least two of us looking after them.  They should be fine.  The problem is that we can't find each other."

(I think someone said they were in the Poffin House; if not I will edit with the correct locations later.)

oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:01 am

Hearthome | Late Afternoon | 1

The blood that had dripped down his left arm was now a dull, rusty brown, having dried some time ago. Polnareff had sustained a wound from an unstable and territorial Snubull on Route 208- a Fire Fang in specific. He certainly was not expecting the attack, as the small Fairy type was clearly nowhere near as strong as he, it should have been common sense. Polnareff, unwisely so, had dropped one too many chastising comments to the mentally ill Snubull, and suffered the consequences. A single Bullet Punch had knocked the thing out, at least. He now had a small piece of his arm missing, and thoroughly burnt. In all likelihood the burn to the wound would stave away infection. Still, his capabilities to fight had been reduced significantly. The burn had a lasting pain upon his arm, and should he use it, the pain would cause him to subconsciously pull back a bit, reducing the effectiveness of his blow. His right arm was still just fine, as was his overall health.

This didn’t change the fact that it needed to be treated. Polnareff knew there was a city very near, deciding to make his way there. He’d not been within the city before, but it would likely have some sort of makeshift dressing for his injury, perhaps even a potion or burn heal if he was lucky. For now, the task was to arrive safely. There was no shortage of undead, but he knew how to handle and even avoid them.

Nearly half an hour later, Polnareff arrived to a discouraging sight. Corpses, seemingly fresh, rested a distance inside of the city’s boundaries, as well as at least 4 Pokemon tending to them, none looking too tough. There was a Talonflame, a Grotle, a Mankey and a Sandshrew in sight. The Talonflame was clearly the strongest, as well as the greatest threat to a Lucario. It was barking orders in the distance, the Grotle and Mankey seeming mediocre at best as they simply piled corpses in the street. The Sandshrew was young and keeping watch, although currently distracted by flowers beside the road. Not a single one of them looked happy in the slightest. Ah, shit. He knew how to work his way in and out of a group, at least; step one would be to assist. Polnareff walked forward, over-embellishing his wound to try and earn some pity points, as well as give them a false sense of his current weakness. He stopped a good distance away when one of them noticed him and shot upwards from their task. Clearing his throat, Polnareff called out only as loud as needed. “Do you need help??” His voice carried only a small distance, and others may be able to hear it nearby, but his concern was the forested area behind him. He turned away for a moment to ensure that his noise had not attracted any immediately nearby infected. A solid thud caught his attention back towards the town, and as quickly as his head could whip around, his legs dug into the ground to flee. For no clear reason, the Talonflame was rushing towards him, with others beginning to follow suit. Polnareff could not help but sense that his life was in extreme danger- these guys were out for blood. His condition wasn’t horrible, and he could sure as hell run. However, he was aware that he could not handle more than one enemy by himself at this moment.

Polnareff ran to his left, going between a large religious-looking structure and a house, a small alley between the two. Even if his enemies were quick, they’d have to take the main street almost a block away to intercept him. His left arm was still in pain, but he was thankful that it wasn’t his already scarred leg that had been hit instead. Polnareff clenched his right fist, looking up to see that the buttresses of the church building was low on the sides. His cursing frown shifted to a sly grin, an idea forming. Sky uppercut: his trump card for various situations and a family specialty. He’d only ever used it outside of combat in training, but knew how far it could propel him, especially in tandem with his own maneuvers. His forward movement slowed as he leaped against the wall of the house to his right, his hand and feet all touching upon it for a moment. With as much strength as he could muster, he drove his hand towards the sky as if delivering a decisive blow, pushing his legs against the house as well. He launched upwards, finding himself to be landing upon the slanted part of the building. Chunks of the walls were missing, offering a way up the towers, but that would just strand him and he knew it.

Polnareff saw the enemies approaching, though at first they knew not where he was. Even so, they would likely only search more if he stayed in place, especially considering the rising Talonflame. Exhaling gently, he hopped from buttress to buttress, moving towards another main street and small lawn located behind the church. At least this way, he had more movement options. All of which were being monitered by the Talonflame already in the air. Damn bird… He had not taken into account the fact that the flyer was indeed capable of being airborne, something he was already cursing himself for overlooking when it was so obvious. He lept down, grunting as he landed and proceeded towards an intersection at which he turned left, spotting three more Pokemon. The road was devoid of large alleys unfortunately, but there were close packed houses lining the street. As he approached, he saw the new party’s actual forms- a Garchomp, a Krookodile, and a sylveon. They all could be rather tough actually, especially since Eeveelutions are hard to judge the combat level of. Compared to the ones giving chase, though… certainly not a party he was likely to simply plow through. About ten yards away from them was a small house with a broken window- an opportunity if nothing else, albeit a wild card.

Polnareff dug his feet into the ground once more, wincing as he shifted his momentum more than his body cared to enjoy. He ran to the house now, diving in through the window, prepared to strike. As he flew through the window, his lazily held left arm was sliced by glass that was still stuck to the wall, a somewhat deep cut. He had no time to address this, as there was actually a tiny, undead bidoof within that was missing its rear half. Were the situation different, Polnareff may have pitied the once young child, but now he could only send a bullet punch towards it, spattering his arm with blood and ending its miserable existence. He closed his eyes and mouth as he looked away, knowing the implications of injesting fluid from an infected. Polnareff checked around the small home, all the rooms except for one being open area. The only room that had a door was closed off anyways, so he saw this as his primary opportunity. The Lucario took a deep breath, standing upright at an attention stance. He stepped back, beginning a small movement form of what appeared to be a martial arts inspired set, performing basic blocks and strikes, and increasing the pace with sharp exhales each time he would strike. It looked wild, as if he were dancing with an imaginary sword in hand. This increased his attacking capability sharply by sharpening his senses and reaction time, although his left arm was still all but useless in this fight. He finished in a crouched stance, appearing poised to strike.

All Polnareff could do now was observe the situation from here, and be aware of his surroundings. He had not kept tabs on the Talonflame as he ran, simply focusing on escaping for the time being. The other group that had appeared in front of him was an unplanned encounter, though he assumed they were all part of the same gang, and wasn’t sure how to make it out of this one alive… He growled, speaking to himself in a determined, irritated tone. "I’ll tear you all to pieces…"
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:45 am

Hearthome City/Early Evening (81)

"All right.  Fair enough.  Now, from what I can gather, we were in the Poffin House," Val said, taking a look around. "There's the church right there. And there's the Pokemart riiiiiiiiiight... there! So that means, if I'm remembering right, we go several blocks this way..." And then he started going on and on for a little bit too long for Rocket's case. He didn't want to be told how to get out; just shown. He raised a claw and waved it impatiently, but froze when he noticed movement in the distance.

"Whoa, hold on. Shut up a minute." Something was running towards them; a bipedal hound of some sort. It stopped a few metres away and regarded them for a moment before dashing off again and throwing himself through the window of a building. "What the hell--" A second later, more Pokemon appeared, led by a large and very pissed off looking Talonflame.

Rocket snarled as the bird seemed to notice him, raising both claws defensively. The Talonflame hovered in place for a moment while those who were with him caught up. One of them, a Mankey, started hopping madly up and down on the spot, pointing at him and shrieking something at the Talonflame. Whatever he had said wasn't good, for all four of them suddenly charged straight for them.

"Son of a bitch," Rocket grumbled, cracking his shoulder and bracing himself as they got closer. The Mankey was the quickest, yelling like a maniac as he bounded towards them. His nimbleness allowed him to give Rocket a punch in the chin before he could react.

Of course, compared to the ridiculous strength that the Swampert had possessed, this was like being hit by a child. He allowed the primate to get in another 'punch' snapping his jaws down towards his tail. The Mankey shrieked as Rocket tossed him into a nearby wall.

Get 'em! The dragon is one of 'em. Kill 'em!"

"Come and get me then, asshole." Rocket was more than ready to get his claws dirty once more if it meant fewer of these idiots to worry about. He stood his ground, ready to tear into the Talonflame as it swooped down towards him.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon
    (12) (7)

Michael watches the bovine's temper tantrum, growing increasingly disinterested with each passing second. Whine, whine, that was all this Pokemon knew. "Watch your tongue, both of you! Don't accuse me of being a threat. If this--this Mew were truly a threat in disguise, you would be honoring me for standing up to he--she--it. But I was cautious and perceived it as a threat. Don't automatically distrust me for being careful." Michael barely resists the urge to roll his eyes-this guy was something else, for sure. Watch your tongue? He was lucky to not have gotten his own tongue torn out by Mew, after that little childish display. Wouldn't that have been quite interesting to see...How cruel of you. Yeah, yeah, sure, but didn't some Pokemon just deserve it?

"And the whole damn reason I attacked Mew in the first place was because I wanted to protect you fools."
    "Congratulations, you're still a dick."
    "We never asked for your help, moron," Halloween retorts, which causes Michael to snicker. Leave it to the Arcanine to put the bovine in his place; he wasn't one to roll over and take such bullshit. It would be fun to watch the blundering newcomer try to strongarm his way past Halloween's authority and utterly fail. And when the thing's dead, we can laugh then. Yes, that was true, Michael knows this thing would screw up so badly eventually...and then the would not have to deal with him any longer. Then he could return to his fruitless task.

Now, you say the children need help--I know the Eevee wants to find his sister--and I can give you help as long as you put a sliver of trust in me. For Arceus sakes, you know you need the help, especially considering how dysfunctional this team is! You don't even have a leader figure." Michael glances at the Eevee in question, and the poor thing looks absolutely terrified at being directly mentioned. Trust? Yeah, right, like that was ever going to happen, especially with how timid the small Eevee was. This guy might as well have asked for the ability to time travel-they'd probably be able to give that to him in a more timely manner. Michael is quickly losing interest in the endless, circular conversation...this was so pointless.

"Fine. If you are going to accuse me with no proof, with no insight on my thoughts--you can all fucking perish for all I care. Later on, when you make a stupid choice, you'll need me more than ever. Next time I see you, you'll be lying dead and broken on the asphalt."
    The bovine runs out of the building in an unnecessarily dramatic manner, breaking glass and just being all-around irritating with his exit. Thank fuck he was gone, though, even if it was a shame he left in one piece. Halloween obviously didn't find the stranger intimidating or impressive either; Michael knows his shielding of both him and the Eevee wasn't needed but that doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate what the action meant. The Arcanine turns to face Connor, who is staring with saucer-like eyes at where the bovine had run off. Was the kid ever not afraid? ...Unlikely.

"Alright-- they'll be back in a bit. For now, we should do our part. Mew--" Michael realises that the other Pokémon are missing just as it seems Halloween has too-what in the goddamn-? How had so many suddenly vanished at once without anyone noticing? Michael doesn't like this, what if they were merely figments of his imagination, and merely the voice messing with him again, damn it this was insane...he suddenly feels a strange itch in his pelt, as if the very air of this place was trying to make him vanish as well.
    "...Damn."

Connor is still shaking over the cow's outburst and the way he left; if he didn't come back, that would be okay...right? Halloween didn't seem afraid, he would protect them if the cow came back and tried to hurt anyone. The dog turns to them, a strange look on his face, but Connor doesn't care; he was going to protect both him and Michael, they would be safe now.
    "...Looks like we're on our own until Rocket gets back." Rocket-he was a scary one too, but at least he hadn't tried to attack someone. And Bee would be back, she would, even though it was kind of mean of her not to tell him that she was going out with the others. But there was no way she'd just leave them and not come back.
    "We might even have some time to kill...maybe swap stories?" Connor's ears perked; stories, he really didn't have any of those. Maybe Halloween did? Or Michael? That would be cool, and better than thinking about the Pokemon that lurked in the city. Connor really didn't want to think of that Swampert, it made his stomach twist into knots. He could almost feel drops of boiling water hitting his fur.
    "What about your sister, Connor? I'll tell you about mine if you share first."

"My sister is so nice!" Connor says immediately, his heart soaring at the thought of being able to tell people about Penelope. More people needed to know about her, she had done so much for him. "She took care of us after Mom and Dad left. Penelope has always taken care of us! She's smart, and strong, and...and I don't know where she is..."

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:50 pm

The Sylveon gives rather detailed directions to the exits, adding on additional information to help them avoid the aforementioned gang prowling the Hearthome streets. The fairy-type answers her question as well. "Yeah.  They're... very dear to me.  And there's them and my five friends that make up our teammates; when we scattered I saw my human with two of them, so I know they have at least two of us looking after them.  They should be fine.  The problem is that we can't find each other."

Francesca nods quietly, remembering her own trainer's grave in the forests of Unova. How a frail Lucario, one that she once called a great companion, hauled a limp body across river and meadow to them. How disgracefully her body was tossed into the earth for a makeshift burial. The Krookodile replies with a soft mumble, attempting to manage some sort of comforting smile. "I'm sure your human is safe if two of your friends are with them, and I'm sure your human is looking for you too."

Francesca immediately snaps her head towards Rocket's line of sight, the sound of something speeding towards them gradually growing louder. The figure is a blur as it dashes in their direction, massive red wings soaring directly behind them and, soon, directly towards them. "Son of a bitch," the Garchomp swears before he gives one of the enemies--a Mankey--a proper blow right to the chin: something that makes the Krookodile snort and grin. "Come and get me then, asshole."

"Ohhhh hell yes," her words mix with excited laughter and she flexes her hands and arms, "time for some fucking fun!" Her knees bend slightly as she adjusts her position, curling her lips as she faces the charging Grotle head on. Oh she's been wanting to teach a grass-type a lesson--fuck type advantages, she's going to dig her jaws into it's shell!
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:37 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 14

"I'm sure your human is safe if two of your friends are with them, and I'm sure your human is looking for you too."  

"Yeah... thanks."  Something in her mind must have turned her thoughts around.  Maybe it's sheer pity.  Valentine never really did understand people who were so proud that they couldn't stand the thought of others expressing sympathy, so if it was pity and nothing more, he has no problem with that.

Unless she's pitying him because she thinks he's delusional.  That I'd have a problem with, but I'm not about to ask about that in this position.  That'd just be stupid.

"You got a human?  We can keep an eye out for them together, if you wa--"

"Whoa, hold on. Shut up a minute."  Stopping himself in the flow of speech was hard, but he forces his nerves to calm long enough to close his mouth.  Something moves in his peripherals, something he does not catch sight of in time before it vanishes.  Rocket voices the thoughts Valentine feels jarring his skull.  "What the hell--"

Good question.  Too bad there's no answer.

Or rather, there is one, and not one Valentine wanted to see.  His heart sinks as more Pokemon arrive, the leader being a large and angry Talonflame.  "So much for hoping they don't have a flier..."

He starts back, shocked, when one of the four attacks-- a Mankey, and despite the decent looking punch, the Garchomp is not scathed.  More like annoyed.  "Son of a bitch."  Valentine watches as the dragon punches the Mankey on the chin, sending the money flying.

"Get 'em! The dragon is one of 'em. Kill 'em!"

Oh.  Shit.  He opens his mouth and charges a moonblast, shifting his legs and preparing to attack.

"Come and get me then, asshole."  The Talonflame starts their decent.

"Ohhhh hell yes,"  Francesca is grinning, clenching her fists.  "Time for some fucking fun!"  

An Ariados is skittering its way towards him and Valentine hurls the orb of energy at it.  It connects, and the spider shrieks, tripping over itself before finding its balance and resuming its attack.  The fairy is ready by the time the spider reaches him, stepping out of the way as the Ariados pounces.  He fires another moonblast; this time he misses.  The Ariados launches a poison sting; it connects.  Valentine chokes down a hiss of pain as the needle buries itself in his paw, but there's no time to pull it out; the spider pounces again, landing on him.  Using the momentum, Valentine tries to roll them so the Ariados is pinned beneath him but it doesn't quite work, the vulpine throwing caution to the winds to bite the arachnid in hopes of making it get the fuck off him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 2

The group that Polnareff had been approaching seemed to be bickering amongst themselves for a few moments before the familiar voice of the avian pierced through the skies. “Kill ‘em!” Were they not allies? Polnareff stood his ground for a moment, ascertaining the information as it came to him. The Mankey screamed out as he delivered a seemingly less-than-effective blow to the Garchomp. He knew two things now: The group chasing him initially was not friendly towards him or this new group, and that he had his target. As quickly as Polnareff entered the house, he opened the door and was running out again, his arm still throbbing from the Fire Fang.

His brain processed friend and foe- his pursuers were largely still closing in, save for the ridiculously fast Mankey. His ‘allies’ for the moment were nothing to scoff at- certainly the winning group, which only solidified the Lucario’s comfort in his decision to assist. A Garchomp, decent in strength levels. A sylveon- still young, but capable and already charging what appeared to be a moon blast. A Krookodile, slightly stronger than Polnareff in overall capability, but skill level would be observed soon enoug. His target was the bird, going for the dragon- hopefully distracted.

As the Talonflame dove, Polnareff used another Sky Uppercut, raising himself nearly four meters into the air- unfortunately, the talonflame was no baffoon, and anything in its peripheral vision at this height was not an ally. "Fucking asshole!" The bird quickly pivoted its flight as Polnareff prepared a Bullet Punch- even most of the highest speed moves could not beat it. Unfortunately the same  could be same of a Quick Attack from the avian’s talons- as Polnareff’s fist clenched, his steel spike from the better of two arms glows faintly. His attack delivers cleanly to the Fire Flyer’s chest, cracking a rib… two, probably a few due to the sheer power difference! However, while a quick attack from the clearly relatively low leveled bird didn’t do much total damage, it did cut a clean albeit shallow gash to Polnareff’s lower left side. The biggest issue now is that the attack threw the Lucario off balance. The two were tangled in the sky and falling fast, as Polnareff delivered two more Bullet Punches with quick succession to the already somewhat incapacitated Talonflame. He cared not if it were still alive or dead, he had to make sure that it was not a threat after this exchange. For a second, a concern arose- could the Talonflame be infected…? Had his talons delivered an unknowingly fatal blow?

These concerns were short lived. A solid thud came as the two fell to the ground, with Polnareff taking the brunt of the landing. Blood spurt from his wound, painting the pavement below, the crash landing opening it further as well as knocking the wind out of him for a good few seconds- all an enemy would need to attack him without someone assisting him. His chest rose and fell quickly as his breaths desperately pulled in air that his lungs were simply not holding onto. His eyes darted around as he turned his head, looking for threats. The Mankey was recouperating from being tossed like a ragdoll. The Grotle was lumbering towards the three ‘allies,’ still grouped together. The Sandshrew was the farthest behind, not old enough to have high combat experience and stamina like the others- but it was coming right towards Polnareff!
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:37 am

Hearthome City/Late Afternoon (82)

None of these Pokemon could get away. If they did, they'd go straight to the Swampert and alert him of their location and their whole little escape plan would be ruined. All four of these Pokemon needed to die.

Rocket was more than ready to deliver the killing blows. While Francesca readied herself to take on the Grotle and the new Lucario grappled with the Talonflame, Rocket set his sights on the Sandshrew. The little Ground-type stood a little off to the side, looking very anxious indeed. He looked as though he was considering fleeing the battle, casting panicked looks behind him every so often. You ain't going anywhere, pal. At the last moment the Sandshrew appeared to finally find his nerve, taking advantage of the stunned Lucario and bumbling his way towards him, preparing what looked like a Fury Swipes.

Rocket was in front of the little Pokemon long before he made it to his target. He skidded to a halt with a terrified squeak at the sight of the large dragon in front of him. He was just a kid; small with little to no battle experience - Rocket could tell just by looking at him. His eyes darted from side to side and then back to Rocket, almost as if for one mad moment he considered trying to fight his way past him. Then he thought better of it, turned and fled in the opposite direction.

But his stubby little legs didn't get him far before Rocket caught up and snapped him up in his jaws. The Sandshrew screamed and thrashed in his grasp, begging to be put down. Sorry kid. That ain't going to happen. He tightened his jaws, glad for another chance to try out his new Crunch attack. The Sandshrew shrieked in pain as he was slowly crushed between Rocket's jaws. In the corner of his eye, Rocket noticed that the Mankey from before was recovering, staggering back to his feet, and he timed it just right to throw the Sandshrew's crushed corpse at him just as he found his balance, slamming him into the wall once more.

"Get up, he barked over his shoulder at the Lucario. "You led these bastards here. Get up off your ass and help us kill them."

So far that was one down, but the next thing he knew an Ariados had skittered out of the shadows and launched itself at Val, its razor sharp mandibles dangerously close to the Eeveelutions throat. Where the fuck did he come from?! Rocket cast a brief look around him; had that guy been hiding all along, or was the noise from their fight attracting more of them? They needed to end this quickly before the whole population knew where they were.

His tail glared with bright white light as he charged for the struggling pair, striking the Ariados with an Iron Tail and launching it through a house window. "Stay on your toes, he told Val, pausing for barely a second before dashing in to help Francesca deal with the Grotle. Blood splattered across his jaws and chest, and he thirsted for more. He would not fail again.
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:02 am

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon
    (13) (7)
    (Skipping Michael)

"Penelope doesn't sound like the type to fall so easily. We'll find her; 'til then, you have Michael and I as company." But how long would that take? Connor wanted to see his sister now but that was impossible. Halloween was very nice, while Michael was weird but not exactly bad; they weren't Penelope, though. Things were just so unfair. Even if he had others to help him, what if it wasn't enough? If he and his sister were separated for good...Connor didn't like thinking about that. He didn't want to be alone forever.

"My own sister is Easter, she's a fireball of a Luxio. Sharper tongue than anyone I know." Easter? They weren't the same species either? Connor wanted to ask a million questions, but it wouldn't have been very nice to interrupt Halloween before he was finished talking, especially not when he was talking about his sister. Connor wondered if Easter was nice-she had to be, right, or else Halloween wouldn't be looking for her. "Raised her since she hatched, we never had real parents." Oh...they didn't have parents either. Halloween must've had to work hard to take care of Easter, just like Penelope had. Both of them were so brave, to be able to do that.
    "I-I'm sorry," Connor said, unsure of whether it was the right thing to say. He never knew how to cheer people up, or make them smile; Connor can remember the Meowth kids he and Penelope had known for awhile, and how he had accidentally made one of them cry.

"But it was never that bad. We were traveling through Snowpoint when all hell broke loose."
    Connor waits, but Halloween doesn't say anything else, and Michael doesn't look like he's going to start talking either. Looking from one to the other, Connor realises that meant he had to talk, and suddenly feels very small, as if the room had somehow shrunk. Um, trying to say something nice couldn't hurt-Halloween wasn't a kid, he wouldn't cry, right? Connor hopes so.
    "I-I'm sure you'll f-find Easter very soon, Mister Halloween," Connor says, trying to sound as cheerful as he can. After a few moments, he looks around, and realises that Rocket and Bee and the other Pokemon weren't back yet. Why weren't they back? The city couldn't be that big. "Umm...why aren't t-the others back? Are they lost?"

(ooc: sorry for the shitty post. Heart wasn't in it...I'll do better next round.)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:53 pm

A flurry of leaves burst from the bushes of the Grotle's shell, whistling towards Francesca at violent speeds. Despite her best attempts to dodge, a few stray blades slice across her thick hide, causing the Krookodile to hiss and snap her jaws. This is nothing, she tells herself, it will take plenty more to take her down! Without hesitation she charges the Grotle head-on, something that startles the tortoise with the audacity of her decision.

Her jaws are wide open, launching her body straight forward and onto the Grotle. A sharp crack and crunch echoes when she grasps a part of it's shell between her rows of teeth, slowly snapping the carapace with the immense pressure of her attack. The Grotle thrashes frantically, a flimsy wail screeching from it's throat. It isn't long until the grass-type retaliates, it's body glowing bright with a spectrum of green as it Mega Drains energy from the crocodilian. It's broken carapace shudders and regenerates slowly, but Francesca refuses to release her opponent, crunching through more of it's body. "Fuck you, fuck you!"

The tortoise does something she didn't quite expect. Amidst the thrashing and bucking as it attempts to throw the Krookodile off of it's bleeding body, the green aura dims to something paler, the grass-type's muscles flexing and trembling. There is a brief moment of stillness from the Grotle, something Francesca takes as surrender. "Admitting your defeat, huh?" She taunts with a harsh growl, snapping her jaws again into the large cracks she broke into it's carapace.

But with a sudden heave and a roar of defiance, the Grotle flips himself with immense force, twisting his body before smashing his shell backwards towards the brick ground and, consequently, the Krookodile latched onto it. A crack of both bone and shell sounds as Francesca screeches, her tail and whatever limbs not trapped beneath the Grotle flailing and thrashing in attempts to get out. She can barely breath, barely able to manage a brief inhale of air as her chest compresses from the pressure. Pinned by both the weight of the tortoise and she sheer force of the Superpower, the only thing the reptile can do is scream for aid.

"Help me, help me--HELP ME--"
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:18 am

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 15

A gasp of relief tears through him as the Garchomp uses an iron tail to punt the spider off him and through a window.  "Thank you!" he yips to the dragon as he rolls over onto his feet and Rocket rushes off to help Francesca.  

He doesn't have time to react to the sandshrew running at the Lucario.  The very angry Linoone that leaps at him while he is distracted by processing the Sandshrew makes sure of that, though this time when he goes down he successfully uses the momentum to roll until he is on top, using his head to bash the Linoone in the face in a Return attack.  She retaliates with claws that tear at his front and he leaps off, shooting a Moonblast at her that smashes into a leg, the ferret howling in pain.  She's not unconscious, but she won't be attacking with that kind of injury.

Even so, he no longer registers this--everything smells of blood now, and memories are roaring in his skull, rattling around; he feels nauseous, but calm, settled, capable.  He has to be, you have to be, in order to survive living life in the arena, even if you didn't participate in the fights, because you had to keep the dragons subdued, and if you did not you'd die; first rule of fighting, don't let you opponent get up or you're a dead Pokemon.  He doesn't want to be a dead Pokemon, no, he has something to live for, and so his mouth opens and--

"Help me, help me--HELP ME--"  

The screams yank him from his haze and he pauses, the Moonblast orb fizzling out in his mouth as his neck snaps around to stare with wild eyes in the direction of the screams.  Oh god she's being crushed.  His legs move on their own, but as he approaches he realizes, I can't do anything; killing it won't remove the weight and nothing I know can move a Pokemon so heavy!  If only he knew Psychic!

little fairy

R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:43 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 3

Polnareff’s eyes closed for a moment, focusing on gathering himself once the Garchomp had imposed his large presence between the Sandshrew and himself. The wound he had sustained was long, but not as deep as it could have been… without any kind of treatment later on, however, it was likely to have issues closing. Probably going to have another burn scar unless that potion he originally came for miraculously appears. In the darkness he presented himself, he read the nearest aura, the Talonflame… weak, not even conscious, but alive. With all those broken and cracked ribs, it surely wouldn’t draw breath much longer. Polnareff had been hasty, even with the level gap. This time it came out in his favor, but he would certainly need to be wary of other fire-flyers. Better, now to-

Just as Polnareff was steadying his breathing, another very near aura was suddenly in extreme distress… Pushing his hand to the ground, Pol gets up, eyes looking towards the Sandshrew- mid stride in an attempt to flee, the Sandshrew is caught by the Garchomp. Slowly being brought to the dragon’s powerful jaw, it wailed in pleas for life. Polnareff was still weak in his breaths, his voice clear and audible, but did not come out in the yell he wished it to. ”Don’t do it. That is a child, don’t you FUCKING do it!” Polnareff watched, helpless again… he wasn’t partial to the child, he knew it was coming to attack him mere moments ago. Nobody had to remind him of that. But he was a kid, scared witless and just doing as he was told! The Talonflame had attacked, had bloodlust, the kid was defending himself and his family! The damn dragon wasn’t quick- bones cracked loudly as blood-curdling shrieks pierced into the Lucario’s mind. Blood sputtered out and slathered the floor, even as the twitching body flies through the air… He was indebted to the dragon for saving him, but now he wanted to take him down as much as he had wanted to do to the Talonflame.

The Garchomp barks orders and a guilt trip towards Polnareff as he moves to fight the remaining two- no, now three enemies. Both of these are blatantly ignored as he turns, kneeling now. Polnareff didn’t even stand, using his crouched position to launch himself towards the recuperating Mankey. His face was expressionless, save for a hint of disdain saved just for the Garchomp later on. He used another skyward blow, knocking the other fighter head first into the building, and giving it a concussion if not internal bleeding. No matter his condition, he was out like a light for the time being. As Polnareff came down, he saw the Sandshrew, a distinct severance point towards his lower body…. The only thing keeping it whole were connected organs.

Oh, gods… With intestines and other guts on the floor, bones sticking out of scale and flesh, the poor Sandshrew writhes in pain. It was no longer even coherent to the world around it as life fades from its body. From its maw sputters blood, drool, and... various bodily fluids. Its mangled breastplate and chest rise and fall quickly, whatever was left of its lungs unable to contain air properly. His words escape and sputter in as chaotic a manner as his own blood. ”Ma- Maah- Ma- maaaa- mooo- moooooommy- ma- maaaaaah…” Family… would a mother lose her child now? Or was he finally joining his family beyond this life? Either way, Polnareff couldn’t let this go on, let alone let this child become a repeat of what he had seen inside the house before. ”I… am sorry.” Sorry… what did that word mean anymore? Sorry for having you chase me? Sorry that you tried to protect your allies? Or maybe sorry that you were doomed to live in this disgusting world of Mightyena eat Mightyena… What is the world, when a child is killed and hardly anyone bats an eye? Polnareff cursed this entire damn situation, delivering yet another bullet punch, this one into the skull of the child. With a sickening crunch and squelch, he crushed the already fractured head. That familiar, ungodly crimson shimmers as it pools around the creature, its chest falling for the final time. It would not become one of those putrid abominations now…

"Help me, help me--HELP ME--" Polnareff turned, seeing the Krookodile in plight. He had been so wrapped up in his turmoil, and knowing his immediate enemies were incapacitated, that he had forgotten about the others. He assumed this would be an easy win. Never assume… it can end a life. He was getting tired now, having taken down two enemies, one giving him a lovely scar-to-be. He runs forward, noticeably slower than usual, knowing that his goal was not to eliminate the enemy, but to move him this time. As he approaches the mass of Pokemon and plantlife, Polnareff kneels down. His good arm pulls to his hips, and he thrusts a Sky uppercut with his body leaned far forward. The angle lets the blow land cleanly with the Grotle’s body, though this hand is about ready to start cracking if he has to hit anything as hard as this thing again. The thick body rises and pushes to the side, by a mere four feet… But it was enough. Polnareff kicked the crookadile rather hard, but in doing so pushed her out of the Grotle’s falling path. The Lucario was almost at his limit now, when would this end?!

(OOC: The grotle rose just more than a Meter, since I do like giving translations for those who don’t use the stupid American ‘standard’ systems of measurement >-< Permission given to Rescue Franchesca

Also, permission was given by Team Lead to have the Sandshrew drawing final breaths after Rocket's fatal attacks.)
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:09 am

Hearthome City/Late Afternoon (83)

"Help me, help me--HELP ME--" Shit. That Grotle was tougher than he looked. Francesca was pretty damn brave to have taken on a Grass-type in the first place, but it wasn't boding well for her. Rocket sprinted towards the struggling pair, claws raised to stab that bastard right in the top of the skull.

The Lucario was quicker though, and closer to them. One Sky Uppercut later, the Grotle was flat on its back, stubby legs flailing in the air as it tried to roll itself back over. This gave Rocket just enough time to plunge a dagger-like claw into its throat, tearing it open and letting the overgrown tortoise choke to death on its own blood.

"Right ... is that-- is that all of 'em?" The Garchomp leaned on one of his knees, panting. Blood splattered across his maw and chest, and stained his claws and fins. He damn-well hoped it was all of them; even he was finding himself fatigued with all the fighting. The infected were a predicable bunch, and were falling apart as it was, but the living had a few more tricks up their sleeves. They were faster, tougher and smarter. Perhaps he'd grown far too accustomed to fighting the dead to realise just how much of a challenge a breathing Pokemon could be. Thinking back to when all of this started, it truly was the only thing Rocket had ever know. "It'd damn-well better be--ow!"

A sharp, stinging pain jabbed through Rocket's shoulder, and he looked down to see a thin, silver barb protruding from his scales. Growling, he looked up to see the Ariados he'd smacked through the window earlier, its abdomen raised as it prepared to fire another Poison Sting out from between its mandibles.

"Heh..." Rocket's tail swept across the ground as he turned to face the bug, a grin on his face. "Gonna take more than a splinter to kill me, buddy." This guy had some serious balls though; the next thing Rocket knew he'd jumped down from the window and was skittering towards him, one of his legs raised and dripping with poison.

He was a quick son of a bitch as well; Rocket had to swipe at him twice before he finally caught him, his claw slicing off one of his legs. The bug rolled around on the ground, screaming in pain, but a quick stomp to the head from Rocket's foot soon shut him up.

Wiping his foot on the ground and scraping off the gore, Rocket heaved a deep breath and craned his head awkwardly downwards to look at the barb in his shoulder. A splinter is exactly what it felt like, but he was having second thoughts about just yanking it out; he had a feeling that was the way to release the venom. He decided to leave it in for now; maybe one of the others would know what to do with it later.

"OK, so the Sandshrew, Ariados and Grotle are dead ... Mankey's dead, Tal--" Rocket found himself pointing a claw at the completely vacant spot where the Talonflame lay just a moment ago. A puddle of blood was all that was left of it. Cursing, Rocket whipped around, trying to catch a glimpse of the bird. It had been badly injured; how far could it have gone? "Wh-What the-- I thought that thing was dead! How did it--"

This was bad. There was no doubt he'd dragged himself off while they were all distracted to go and tell his comrades where they were. With any luck he'd die before he got there, but so far luck had not been on their side. "Shit ... we need to move. Val," he barked down at the Sylveon, "find the way out of here, and do it quickly." He pointed a claw at the Lucario. "And you ... you'd better come with us."

He cast an anxious look behind him; should he go and warn the others?
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 16

"Right ... is that-- is that all of 'em?"

"I think so!"  Valentine sweeps his eyes over the scene, but he would not get to completely check the area.

"It'd damn-well better be--ow!"  He jerks at the sudden grunt of pain, whipping around to spot the dragon staring at his shoulder at the slim, pointy object sticking out, then over at the attacker.  The fucking Ariados.  How was he still alive!?  With the force the Garchomp punted him through a window he should be dead!

"Heh..." The fairy paused in his walk forward.  Rocket looks... calm.  Confident.  Does he not realize he has a poison barb in his shoulder!?  "Gonna take more than a splinter to kill me, buddy."

And then suddenly, they are attacking.  Though he charges a Moonblast instinctively, he dares not throw it.  I could hit the dragon.

The fight is over rather soon, coming to a grisly end that makes Valentine wince and glance away.

"OK, so the Sandshrew, Ariados and Grotle are dead ... Mankey's dead, Tal--" He's suddenly quiet.  That can't be good.  The fairy looks back over to Rocket, then follows where he is pointing to see... a vacant spot with some blood splatter.  Oh, no... wasn't the last Pokemon a Talonflame? "Wh-What the-- I thought that thing was dead! How did it--"

"Shit ... we need to move. Val," Valentine jumps, fixing his eyes on the Garchomp. "Find the way out of here, and do it quickly." He then gestures to the Lucario. "And you ... you'd better come with us."

"I don't need to find the way out; we're already there!"  He gestures a paw down to the end of the block.  "All we need to do is go straight; we should find a building at the end of the street.  That building acts as a city gate and all we need to do is cross through it.  I'm more worried about the others; we can be out of here in two minutes, but they have no idea where we are or that we've been spotted!  Should two of us or all of us go back for them?"

little fairy

R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 4

Polnareff stood upright, using his already burned, bitten hand to nurse the wound on his side. He heard the Garchomp’s yelp, but did not act, simply observing what happened to the dragon. The bastard was clearly capable of defending himself against small children, he could handle himself. Besides… I’ve got to worry about myself now… I’m useless if I just die for no reason. The garchomp was just as merciless with the bug type. Polnareff had to admit that this enemy called for death more than a child would… than a child did.

"And you ... you'd better come with us." The Lucario looked up, having been somewhat lost in thought as he gazed at the blood slowly trickling over his paw. ”Yeah, that was kind of the plan… I don’t exactly have much choice, all things considered. Oh, and to clarify- you and I need to have a discussion… when we get back.” His tone wasn’t harsh, and to keep it way took care and effort. If he were lucky, the dragon may perceive it as Polnareff trying to be briefed as to the situation. If not… well, this was not the time or the place for such a ‘discussion.’ It likely helped that he was huffing and puffing, having to stop mid-sentence a couple times due to coming off the rush of a battle as well as the sheer exhaustion and physical tolls the fight wrought upon him.

Polnareff listened to the Sylveon- apparently called Val, or something like that. He had seen the gates before, though wasn’t sure what their special use was, if any. His attention is quickly perked further at the last remarks of the Eeveelution. ”I'm more worried about the others; we can be out of here in two minutes, but they have no idea where we are or that we've been spotted!  Should two of us or all of us go back for them?"

Others? We have to go get them. Pol quickly chimed in, with a bit of force to his words. He wasn’t leaving someone behind- naïve as it may be to want to rescue someone he hasn’t even seen yet, this is how he works. ”If anyone’s hurt, I know Heal Pulse, give me a minute to do my work and you can lead the way. Besides…” Polnareff motions his head downward, towards his burned hand and slashed side. “I just got here… looking to tend to an injury. Yet I’m still down a hand, and got a new scar coming in… if I’m lucky enough to have it heal. I’m in no shape to go out.” While true, this was also a nice excuse to go back to the others, maybe even rest. At the same time, he presented his use out of battle… these three could make capable allies, and two of them may be worthy comrades as well. Best to try and work his way into the group…

(OOC: Repeated '...' refer to a break for breath, not just a pause in speech. Feel free to comment about the wound on the hand, it's fairly obvious to be a bite.)
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:49 pm

Hearthome City/Evening (84)

"I don't need to find the way out; we're already there!" Val pointed a paw down the street and Rocket craned his neck to see what looked like a gateway leading out into the woods. "All we need to do is go straight; we should find a building at the end of the street.  That building acts as a city gate and all we need to do is cross through it."

"Yeah, I see it." Rocket teetered on his toes as he sketched the image of the gate into his mind. He turned and looked back the way they had come, trying to memorise the route.

"I'm more worried about the others; we can be out of here in two minutes, but they have no idea where we are or that we've been spotted!  Should two of us or all of us go back for them?"
    Others? We have to go get them." Rocket glanced at the Lucario with a growl; what right did he have to order them around when he was the one who had lead those bastards to them in the first place? Rocket was convinced that he wasn't on the side of the enemy by the way he had fought, but that didn't justify blowing their cover, whether it was accidental or not. ”If anyone’s hurt, I know Heal Pulse, give me a minute to do my work and you can lead the way. Besides…” He gestured downwards at his wounds. “I just got here… looking to tend to an injury. Yet I’m still down a hand, and got a new scar coming in… if I’m lucky enough to have it heal. I’m in no shape to go out.”

"That's fine - I wasn't going to ask you anyway," Rocket said offhandedly, still gazing off down the street. Yes, he was certain he could make his way back with the others. Nodding to himself, he turned back to the group. "All right ... I'm gonna go get the others. You guys head to the gate and wait there." He gave his neck a quick crack to loosen up. Damn, he was tired. "I'll be as fast as I can."

Giving them a nod, Rocket turned and sprinted back down the street, retracing his steps back to the house he'd left the others in. At least his legs seemed to have recovered; he was running faster than he ever had been able to when he was a Gabite. Rocket held out his arms, the winds whipping past his fins and accelerating him even further. Holy shit, he was fast. Maybe once they were out of this damn city, he could give himself a few tests to see just what his new evolution was capable of.

He was running so quickly he almost over-sped the house completely. Skidding to a stop beside it, Rocket poked his head in through the door and saw that Halloween, Connor and Michael were still there. The bull was gone, and so was the Fletchinder. The former he would not miss, but the bird had sparked a bittersweet emotion in him for the brief time he knew her. Maybe it was because she made him think of Written.

"Hey, guys? We've found the way out. It isn't that far, actually. But we kinda need to get moving." He stole a quick glance around him to confirm he wasn't being spied on. "We err ... kinda ran into more of Swampy's buddies while we were out. One of them got away when we weren't lookin'." He grimaced at the thought of that Talonflame crawling off in the middle of battle, no doubt to tell his subordinates where they were. Rocket made a mental note not to assume that something was dead just because it was motionless and bleeding. Hopefully the bastard would die before he even got there; that Lucario had beaten him up pretty well.

"They know we're here."
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:53 pm

(skip)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:26 am

Arceus, she thought she was going to die.

Air finally heaves into her lungs, a sharp burning sensation igniting inside her. With a precise kick and hefty force to her side, the reptilian feels herself skidding across the rough terrain of the city, back spikes grinding and chipping against cement. Francesca gasps, bloodied body heaving to breath. Her claws click and scrape as she desperately scrambles away, witnessing the Grotle disgracefully land on it's shell with a crack. Rocket moves in quickly to finish the tortoise off--leaving the grass-type a mess of blood from the red squirting from it's throat.

Shaken and wounded, the Krookodile struggles to her feet, clutching her bloody side. She's not sure if all the gore on her hide is her's or not, and casts a remorseful glance at her battered body. She can only hope that these injuries heal themselves soon enough--she can't have herself becoming a burden. Slowly, the crocodilian presses her chest and ribs, only to be met with sharp spikes of pain. "F-Fuck," she rasps, and her voice sounds raw and gritty, "that isn't good..."

Francesca has little time for thought, her analysis of her battle wounds cut short with Rocket's remark--the Talonflame is gone. Her head is spinning, free hand clutching the side of her skull as she tries to understand what everyone is saying--the Sylveon mentions they're already at the exit. The Lucario--the one who saved her--chimes his own thoughts in.

"All right ... I'm gonna go get the others. You guys head to the gate and wait there." Francesca only numbly nods at Rocket's orders, watching him from the edge of her vision. "I'll be as fast as I can."

"Stay safe," she mumbles after, and the Krookodile finds herself anxiously glancing to the sky for even a speck of orange feathers.

She turns to the Lucario without anymore words, silently gazing at the fighting-type. It's odd, she admits, the feeling sparking in her at the species' very presence. In the brief moments when her vision blurs or trembles she swears she can almost see Lazarus--an old ex-companion of the same pelt--and there's a bitterness burning her throat. Francesca frowns, only for a few seconds, before she loosely dips her head towards the Lucario. Regardless of who he reminds her of, this Pokemon saved her, and she owes gratitude.

Her voice starts slow, a slurred mumble from her harsh throat. "...Thank you. For. What you did earlier." Francesca struggles to make herself sound nicer, each raspy heave of her lungs only contributing to a rougher image. "My name's Francesca, and...if you don't mind, I might take you up on your Heal Pulse offer..."

Her gaze lingers to the Lucario's paws--his hand, and the teeth marks visible on it. She narrows her eyes, a brief flicker of suspicion passing her expression. "Your hand..."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:07 pm

(Skip; Valentine wouldn't interrupt Francesca and Polnareff so he doesn't have much to do other than stare at Francesca's side in worry.)

little fairy

R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:23 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 5

Polnareff simply nodded towards the Garchomp’s words, turning to the others as he ran off. He hadn’t even had time to notice the Krookodile’s poor condition with everything going on- not that he was in any better shape at the moment. A still oozing gash above his hip, a burned hand, and still battered from landing on his back, the Lucario was huffing and puffing faintly.

“Thank you. For what you did, earlier.” Polnareff was a little off guard for this one- well, not quite off guard. Just not expecting it. His group before the infection rarely uttered words of thanks, more like grunts and begrudging groans of thanks. So actually hearing it was a tad odd for him.

“Don’t worry ‘bout it… it’s what any good ‘mon would do. I for one like to try and be the good one in this fucking hellhole of a world…” He shirked the thanks aside, and ended up sounding a bit cold. Well, he was cold to start off, honestly- never meant to be, but his wretched life had simply made him so. Polnareff looked over the Krookodile…  A lady… a rather good looking lady at that. Strong. Polnareff shook his head, and the thought right out of it. Hopeless man, bit of a flirt, but never really could hold it back. It wasn’t intentionally bad timing, he just never caught a good filter for it, save for shutting up altogether, as he did just now. “Francesca, eh? Names… Polnareff…” He winces, clutching his side as the other Pokemon asks for some assistance with her own health. “Is… that dragon fucker... always so violent?” He looks back towards where the battle occurred, visibly angry and sorrowful. “He slaughtered... a fucking child… a fucking small, baby child… it was running away, it probably couldn’t even have finished me if it tried, it never had been in a fight…” Polnareff mumbles a bit to  himself, cursing himself. “I’m fuckin' useless…” He stands up straight, looking at the ground type’s wounded side, and holding a hand out with a nod.

Every species had their way of conducting the Heal Pulse- but even further, every Lucario typically had a differing way from one another. They could make better use of it to some small extent, thanks to their innate aura capabilities. Polnareff’s tactic was to calm his body, to try and bring his own aura to a similar wavelength- so to speak- of his healing target. His eyes close fully as he puts his burnt paw out straight, focusing his energy there. His intent was to use the heal pulse for them both- rather, heal her, and the healing energy focus would be able to relieve a bit of the pain in his paw. The burn wouldn’t heal, but hey, its something. There’s a faint ripple in the air that drifts outwards to the krookodile, akin to the visual effects of air on hot asphalt, though with a very faint pink hue. Francesca’s wounds would mend over the course of the next minute or so, though the pain would likely remain for a while.

“Your Hand…” Polnareff looks a bit confused, but recalls that his hand was bitten- and in this world, that is a death sentence from an infected. He takes a step back, prepping himself to flee already, if need be… one can never know how a fearful ‘mon could react. Polnareff had no desire to fight, and to the perceptive eye, this would be clear- his arms were down, legs alone poised, and in a direction directly opposite the ground type.

“An accident, before I reached the city. Was travelling, and encountered a snubull, very much living. Batshit fucking insane, I tried to approach him and he started babbling about this being his hill, or some shit… not a speck of purple on him. Just violent. Bit me with a fire fang- thus the burn. Not the illness, just a regular wound…” He sounded earnest, but also desperate. Who could blame him? Would they believe him? Even if it is the truth, paranoia is rampant- for good reason , granted. But this paranoia may cost him a group, and safety- to fly solo now would all but doom him. Adrenaline thrashes through his already limited body, his eyes darting between the Sylveon and the Krookodile…

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 am