Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+22
Fern
Nightfall
R'hia Kyrie
Arceus Bladed
Min
Catalyst
Starbits
Mew
Xerneas
Drago
Duma
Chroma
Dandelion
Requiem
RhysandNight
Rampardos
Silverishness
Scizor
Snitch
renegade
Negative10
Bitterblue
26 posters

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Anonymous

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:42 am

((Skip too, Elidr is just curled up with Reeves, lol.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Hearthome city/ night (17)
    Ullr sat, gloomily leaning against the wall behind her. Her beloved ocarina sat in her hands, as she pretended to play. Ullr sounded the notes in her mind while her fingers showed how they were played. This was calming to her and helped keep her mind positive when she couldn't play. She had to do something to help herself fall asleep, Or else her insomnia would keep her awake.

Ullr took her bag off her shoulder and placed it next to her. She would use it as a pillow if she hadn't stored The berries Cray had kindly given to her inside. Ullr would mess with her ocarina till she could sleep, and sometimes she would end up silently playing all night... While she calmed, Ullr worried about her future. She didn't know what would happen if the lizard saw her as weak. She didn't know what to do about this situation. She didn't know how she would escape this mess... And overall, she didn't know how to get back home....
    RhysandNight
    RhysandNight
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by RhysandNight Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 pm

(Ooc: nothing's changed vuv skip please)
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Post 28

Hearthome City| Early Morning

Sleep was fleeting and barely restful, as any small noise started Reeves' twitching body. He slept on a hair's trigger, waking at almost any and all shifts in the air or the environment around him. The final time came when the scent of moisture and earth came to him-- the scent of the morning dew. (Normally, he would listen for birds, but...)Night was already waning, and with Thread's surely rigorous routine, he was likely to get a rude awakening soon anyway. The deino gave a heavy sigh, picking himself off the warmed concrete to take a taste of his surroundings.

It seemed that Elidr was next to him, which suited him fine. He would rather have his fellow dragon beside him instead of the whining musical ghost or Thread himself. Said aerodactyl was somewhere nearby, still likely on a perch of some sort. The ghost was still sleeping it seemed, but Cray was all together missing. Odd. Perhaps the steel bird was scouting somewhere, or maybe even gathering more food. If the latter, Reeves knew that it was highly unlikely that the food would actually be for any of the prisoners-- more like bait or motivation to get them to work harder than the day prior.

He sniffed more, but found nothing else of use. It seemed he merely had to wait for Thread's orders to be on the safe side, allowing himself a small yawn as he sat in his warmed spot. Better safe than sorry, after all...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:05 pm

((Skip again, sorry I just can't think of anything. Snitch permission for Thread to rather rudely (or cruelly XD) wake him up. lol))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:33 pm

((skip me too please. Am a bit busy :/ just say that Ullr's sleeping deeply with her ocarina in her arms... and I also give snitch permission for a rude awakening~))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:40 am

Hearthome City || Early Morning [15]

The first rays of the morning sun beamed down from the tattered roof, a single shaft of light falling through to illuminate the Aerodactyl like a slumbering deity. Thread stirred, basking in the warmth as his eyelids slowly peeled back, squinting against the light. Sleep had ensnared him with an unusual ferocity that night, the dragon having been dead to the world as dreams of his former power danced about the recesses of his mind. To think he was apt to reclaim some of that delicious authority this very day made him grin with delight. Quietly yawning, the fossil forced his body to hurriedly adapt to consciousness as he slipped from his perch to land agilely on the cold ground underfoot. A flex of his impressive wings completed the awakening.

Cray had noticed his colleague’s deep sleep and had taken the opportunity to catch a few hours rest of his own. Selfish, perhaps, to threaten the safety of those he was meant to protect, but ultimately, the Skarmory had no regrets. He had awakened a few hours previously, still sat aside the building’s entrance with a triumphant smile lighting his face – proud to have effectively rebelled against Thread’s orders.

As the Aerodactyl awoke, Cray nodded his head in greeting, his good mood heightening at the dragon’s ignorance of his negligence.
    “Mornin’,” He muttered softly, considerate of the room’s other occupants. Thread dismissed the bird’s words, cracking his neck as the unpleasant sound bounced off the room’s walls. Although now thoroughly awake, the Aerodactyl’s mind continued to wander. Plans for the day were already taking form, the dictator’s eyes wandering the breadth of the building as images of his empire flashed temptingly before him. But his future warriors were still locked in slumber; their limp bodies effectively bringing Thread back to reality. He would have to fix that.

Grasping the closest, heaviest item he could find – a faulty electrical torch – Thread aimed the item directly at the sleeping ghost’s head. Throwing the contraption with a surprising force, the dragon turned before he could see whether his target had been met. Instead, he had sauntered towards the sleeping Dragonair.

Shoving Reeves out of the way, surprised to find at least one of his followers conscious, the Aerodactyl’s attention was firmly on his slacking companion, Elidr. Without a word, Thread placed a clawed hand on the creature’s throat, pressing down hard as he ruthlessly began suffocating the dragon. He smiled to himself, letting his claws scrape softly against the vulnerable skin until he felt his victim shifting, choking. Allowing his grip on the dragon to linger a fraction longer than necessary, Thread eventually allowed Elidr the right to breathe once more.
    “Wakey-Wakey,” He cooed sarcastically, practically spitting the words as he turned away, headed back towards the room’s centre.

“Well, good morning, miscreants,” Thread announced, voice loud and half-cheery. “You clearly had a lovely sleep so I expect no fucking about today, you understand? Now, all of you line-up,” He ordered, gaze wandering across his sluggish company with distaste.Quickly. I ain’t got all fucking day. Move before I make you,” Distracted by the unsightly glint of sunlight against metal, Thread took a moment away from barking commands to check the situation with Cray. “Cray. Reports?”
    “Nothing,” The Skarmory responded tiredly, hiding his smile in favour of a stern charade. “Quiet as a Rattata out there,” Rising to his feet, he hopped over to stand aside Thread, habitually lowering his head to give the illusion of his boss’ superiority.

(( Let me know if anything needs editing, guys. :3 ))
    RhysandNight
    RhysandNight
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by RhysandNight Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:11 am

Hearthome City||Early Morning||[38]

He hadn't planned on sleeping all night, or sleeping at all for that matter. The Jolteon had settle down for a quick rest before setting off again. But when blue unfocused eyes opened slowly to the stream of light hitting his face, Glitch sat up startled, banging his head roughly against the desk he had crawled under the previous night. A pained intake of breath was taken as the lightning pokemon lowered his head carefully to move from under the desk; he didn't want to repeat the incident.

With the morning light he as able to study his surroundings. The building he had took refuge in seemed to be the shabby remain of what use to be an office. The bookshelf was turned over, it's contents littered the floor. Papers turning yellow laid on top of the desk as well as the floor; filing cabinets and the computer monitor both smashed by a beam that had fallen from the ceiling. Everything was coated in a thick layer of dust and debri, making the Jolteon's eyes and nose itch. He was thankful that such an unstable structure hadn't collapsed while he had been sleeping. But now there wasn't any reason for him to hover around anymore and began carefully picking his way across the room towards the entrance, or what remained of it. The door had been torn in long ago, barely hanging from it's hinges.

Glitch stilled, listening for any noise outside that would indicate a possible threat. When nothing sounded, he quietly slipped out of the office and out into the streets. Remembering the night before the Jolteon looked over to where the duel type pokemon had crashed, seeing both the chard remains of the once living and undead flyers. He pushed what little remorse he felt back, and started to cautiously explore the city. In the distance he could make out a dome shaped structure and wondered what it could be. After weighing his options he decided he would check it out.

A short time later he found himself staring at the large building, it too showing the brutal signs of the epidemic. The stale smell of blood clung in the air, making the fur along his spine tingle.

(changed it some, hope this will be better Silv?)

Last edited by Iceshadow27 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:33 am

Post 29

Hearthome City/ Contest Hall| Early Morning

Reeves sat, the concrete around his feet quickly chilling back to its normal temperature as he allowed a series of yawns to bring him back to full consciousness. His body was weary, sore from his unforgiving bed, but he dared not complain. He did, however, alleviate some of the pain by a long, casual stretch, enjoying the popping his joints granted him. Once he'd properly woken the rest of his body up, he returned to his sitting position, listening for the others.

Thread had already begun to stir, and though the little Deino expected words to fly out of the fossil's mouth, none came. No, he merely heard footprints and a soft, “Mornin’,” from Cray. Odd. Where were the orders, the hosilities? It didn't seem right, and Reeves' gut began to churn with the thought of a trap.

The sound of metal crashing into concrete startled him, his body jerking into a standing position. The sudden noise caught him so off guard that he didn't notice Thread's scent or footfalls until it too late to dodge the foot that kicked him away. Disoriented from both the sudden movement and still echoing sounds, it was all Reeves could do to get back onto his feet, his head jerking in every direction as he tried to assess the situation. But Thread's voice with a low accompanyment of choking sounds drew him. “Wakey-Wakey,” the fossil sneered, seemingly releasing his fellow dragon. Reeves had to restrain himself from running and biting the impudent bastard's ankle as Thread walked away and the deino returned to his spot.

“Well, good morning, miscreants,” Thread announced, voice loud and half-cheery. Reeves would have glared, is he had the eyes to do so. “You clearly had a lovely sleep so I expect no fucking about today, you understand? Now, all of you line-up,” Reeves let out a small sigh of distaste, soft enough for only the best of hearing to catch. Well, that would be lovely... if he could see the line. Quickly. I ain’t got all fucking day. Move before I make you,” Well, there was really no choice.

Reeves paced forward, his mind going to Elidr. Hopefully, he was ok, but it made more sense that Thread not kill the dragonair. After all, he and Reeves were the more accomplished of the soldiers, and while that likely meant harsher treatment, it also ensured their survival. What good were dead soldiers? “Cray. Reports?” Thread asked as Reeves took his spot, sitting on the floor before Thread. He was the first to move, so hopefully, the others would fall in line with him...

“Nothing,” The Skarmory responded, the exhaustion evident in his voice. “Quiet as a Rattata out there.” Reeves sat, waiting for Thread to continue rather than try and speak out. Who knew what would happen...?

[[Ice, it'd probably be better if you had your character go into the contest hall, as that's where everyone else is. We're probably not going to move out of the hall until a few rounds after this.]]

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Hearthome City/Contest Hall|Early Morning
    (30)

Elidr was pissed. Thread had all but choked him to death and for what? To wake him up? The asshole could have just said something dammit! Even as Thread continued to speak as though nothing had happened the Dragonair coughed and tried to will his lungs and throat to stop burning as he struggled for air. “You clearly had a lovely sleep so I expect no fucking about today, you understand? Now, all of you line-up,” Shooting the gloating bastard a glare he made his opinion well known on lining up by not moving a single inch other than to make himself taller. Quickly. I ain’t got all fucking day. Move before I make you,”

Elidr let out a sinister hiss in reply but upon seeing Reeves made his way over to his fellow dragon if only to keep by his side. He had deemed Reeves his companion and, for lack of a better word, pack-mate and that meant he was going to stick with no matter what the psychotic Aerodactyl had in mind. Upon getting the all clear from Cray that nothing was going on he sat and waited for Thread to give them something to do. "Are we just going to sit here all morning then?" he questioned sarcastically, waiting for a response.

((DIIIIIICK! XD
    Snitch I freaking love Thread, I swear!))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Hearthome city/ Early morning (18)
    Ullr was enjoying a nice deep sleep when the flashlight struck her head with vicious force. With a startled cry, she woke and jumped up to a sitting position with her long arms holding her up. After a moment of confusion, the look of fear on her face changed to a frown. That lizard just gets worse and worse doesn’t he? Ullr thought to herself as she stood and picked her ocarina up from the ground. I should just blast the most annoying tone I can with this… if only…[i/] She thought bitterly as she picked up her bag as well, then placed her ocarina inside it’s padded interior with the berries from Cray. She was upset about being forcefully woken, and it showed in her posture and face.

“Well, good morning, miscreants,”

At these words Ullr turned to face the rock type. She wasn’t looking forward to today. She was a performer, not a warrior.

“You clearly had a lovely sleep so I expect no fucking about today, you understand? Now, all of you line-up,”

Ullr walked into place and stood In front of the rude lizard. She wondered what kind of “training” she was going to have to go through, and if she would be alright. She had battled a few times before, but all were against much lower levels than hers or she had help from Bella. [i] This can’t turn out well,
    She thought to herself. I’m doomed.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 am

Hearthome City || Early Morning [16]

"Are we just going to sit here all morning then?"

As his subjects lined up obediently before him, Thread was both shocked and amused at one voice breaking through the tension. Obviously, the Dragonair was going to need breaking. His tone, his expression, everything oozed a fierce rebellion. Thread, his initial glare softening into an unpleasant grin looked forward to the challenge. He made a mental note to grip the serpent’s throat proportionally harder the next morning.
    “Aren’t you a comedian?” The fossil chuckled, feigning amusement as he stood uncomfortably close to the dragon. His smile dropped in an instant, glare dangerous as he spat venomously at the headstrong snake. “You speak without permission again and I’ll rip your fucking tongue out. You understand me?” Thread didn’t wait for an answer, snorting as he retreated to his initial position. “Good,”

Flexing his wings, effectively brushing away the initial ugliness of the morning, Thread began.
    “Now, introductions. I’ve heard various names flung between you scum but let’s make this formal a matter. People say I’m too strict, that my methods are too blunt, well, I’m willing to change,” Cray scoffed somewhere in the background. “I won’t call you vermin, so please, give me an alternative,” Thread managed an ugly smile, his wandering glare eventually resting on the first in line, Reeves. “Speak up,” He growled, patronizing.

And so began the introductions. Thread, upon hearing a response, turned to the next maggot in line, his expression sporting an unkind smile. Such varying personalities, such approaches to their new scenario – the Aerodactyl was almost excited at this turn of events, adamant that by the week’s end, they’d be nothing but pawns. Smiling to himself, he nodded his head in finality, ending the welcoming session.
    “I’m thrilled,” His words emerged equal to Elidr’s own famed sarcasm. “You know Cray, and you may refer to me as ‘Sir’. Friends and my superiors call me Thread, you are neither and will have no such privilege,” Moving swiftly on, he unveiled the day’s routine.

“Right, let’s waste no more time. I want to see what you can do. I caught a glimpse of you two in battle yesterday,” He nodded at the duo of dragons. “But you can do better. Now, impress me by doing what Cray can’t – get out there and find me some fucking meat. And don’t even think about making a run for it because I will catch you and I will kill you,”

Cray, numb to his colleague’s remark about his hunting ability, simply dismissed the fossil’s speech with a lazy sigh. It had taken years of working together to find the balance between obedience and bitterness between the duo to a stage where neither party particularly cared. Cray remained obedient, lacking the backbone and energy to rebel from a life under orders, yet unlike the dictator’s other subjects, got away with the tired quips, the sarcasm and ongoing grumbles. No wonder Thread was so keen to tackle the problem of Elidr’s own rebellion whilst it was still early days. He simply could not stand a younger, snappier version of the aging, steel bird.

Nudging the door wide open, Cray hopped outside the building as the sunlight bounced off his metallic form, awaiting the hunting party. He would play no part in the search, knowing his place was as an enforcer alongside the Aerodactyl. Although pitying the trio that had now been ensnared in a hellish cycle of training, punishment, the Skarmory remained unwilling to intervene. It wasn’t worth the trouble. He wasn’t going to get himself killed in a bit to rebel against the dictating fossil and so did little more than flash the group an apologetic smile.

“Well, that’s made it easier for you,”

Thread remarked suddenly, pleasantly surprised to see a Jolteon approaching the building. Cray’s attention volleyed between the electric fox and his grinning colleague, knowing that the hapless sod could soon find himself as the fossil’s next meal.
    “A bit too easy, don’t you think?” Cray muttered dryly, masking his concerns. In all honesty, he didn’t particularly care if the stranger was killed, yet to have a whole pack of living slaughter the bastard for the sake of Thread’s appetite seemed a little cold, even for him. The Aerodactyl met the steel-type’s remark with a growl, unwilling to admit that he had a point – this was a far too soft a training introduction for his recruits. Turning to the trio, he gestured to the canine in the distance.
    “Don’t kill him yet,” He ordered, slightly begrudgingly. “Bring him over – by force, of course. Let’s see what this mutt wants before we make any… rash decisions,”
    RhysandNight
    RhysandNight
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by RhysandNight Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:38 pm

(sorry for the late post, we've been covered in snow so internet is sketchy, I'm not even sure this'll go through. Permission to whoever wants to forcefully drag Glitch on over. He'll just try to bite you and stuff when attacked XD))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:31 am

Post 30

Hearthome City/ Contest Hall| Early Morning

"Are we just going to sit here all morning then?"

Reeves tensed, his fur going on end at his fellow dragon's curt observation. While he admired the spirit, the fact that Thread was a hostile loose canon had kept his own sharp tongue at bay, and he thought Elidr would have had the smarts to do the same. The deino's head followed Thread's heavy footsteps and a sense of dread and anger filled the small dragon. There was no way he could possibly defend his pack-mate, the only other pokemon he'd found with a proper head on his neck. But with Elidr's lack of respect and Thread's overwhelming need to dominate anything that so much as breathed, Reeves could see the fossil trimming down his squadron... “Aren’t you a comedian?” he chuckled darkly, his tone the same he'd used earlier. “You speak without permission again and I’ll rip your fucking tongue out. You understand me?” Reeves waited for some sound of a punishment, for some sort of indicator that blood had spilled and Elidr was seriously injured, if not dead. But nothing came. Reeves allowed himself a small sigh of relief as Thread's footfalls left them, returning to their previous spot. Good. Elidr dodged Death's scythe...

“Now, introductions. I’ve heard various names flung between you scum but let’s make this formal a matter. People say I’m too strict, that my methods are too blunt, well, I’m willing to change,” Cray scoffed somewhere in the background, which only made Reeves give the slightest of smirks. “I won’t call you vermin, so please, give me an alternative,” Thread's voice was twinged somehow, likely with a hidious flashing of teeth that was supposed to pass for a smile. Reeves doubted the fossil's ability for such a thing. “Speak up.” The voice was more directed at himself, and so, Reeves took the opportunity to speak.

"Reeves," he stated bluntly, clearly. There were no elaborations, and he was very sure that Thread wasn't one to put up with such nonsense. The others took their turns, and Thread continued. “I’m thrilled,” the fossil's voice nearly as saturated with disdainful sarcasm as Elidr boasted. “You know Cray, and you may refer to me as ‘Sir’. Friends and my superiors call me Thread, you are neither and will have no such privilege,” Because you have them, Reeves growled bitterly inward.

“Right, let’s waste no more time. I want to see what you can do. I caught a glimpse of you two in battle yesterday,” he noted, and Reeves could only assume that he meant himself and Elidr. “But you can do better. Now, impress me by doing what Cray can’t – get out there and find me some fucking meat. And don’t even think about making a run for it because I will catch you and I will kill you.” The deino gave a small sigh once more, knowing that escape this early was completely futile. But since maybe Thread thought the need to reiterate it meant he took them for imbeciles, and it could give them a hand in the advantage when the time came...

Suddenly, a new scent wafted in the air. Lifting his head slightly to catch a better sense of whatever was lingering around him, he soon discovered it was a pokemon: Male, young, electric, and alive. While that first glimpse of whatever was spying on them was useful, he wasn't entirely sure that anyone else had discovered it. Maybe, if the newcomer stayed out of sight, perhaps it would be able to use its electricity to clip the bastards' wings-- “Well, that’s made it easier for you.”

...Nevermind.

“A bit too easy, don’t you think?” Cray commented dryly, seemingly unnaffected by the newcomer's appearance. But Thread remained undaunted. “Don’t kill him yet,” The fossil ordered, his tone hinting a little regret. Surely Thread was a little put out that he couldn't immediately kill someone. “Bring him over – by force, of course. Let’s see what this mutt wants before we make any… rash decisions.” Reeves knew that now was his cue, his chance. Another small means to put his plan of action into effect, and hopefully win himself and Elidr over onto Thread's tempestuous and fabled "good side". Turning to the direction of the newcomer's scent, he gave a firm nod to Elidr and bolted forward, his small legs carrying him quickly. While he'd enjoyed when his dratini companion could ride on his back, a few clicks had proven that Elidr was at least four times his own size. This would have to be the norm now.

Reeves gave no warnings, no words to stay the stranger. He only lunged, pinning the electric type down with his bulk. Biting onto the spiny scruff his opponent sported, the sharp fur and electric shocks did little to dissuade Reeves. The Deino was used to pain, and electricity did little against his tough dragon hide. He held the stranger still and bound, hoping Elidr would assist by dragging them to Thread.

[[PM me if I need to change anything.]]

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Hearthome City/Contest Hall|Early Morning
    (31)

“You speak without permission again and I’ll rip your fucking tongue out. You understand me?”

Elidr didn't speak but did still hiss in quiet defiance, not pleased with where this was going. He hadn't wanted to be trapped by this fool and was sure he and Reeves would have had a chance to escape had that irritating chit of a Skarmory not interfered. It was his fault that they were caught in this web of insanity and the ancient rock type was getting crazier by the minute. He went about gloating and ordering them around, as usual, and when asked his name he glared as Reeves gave his own in a short answer. Not willing to leave his companion alone with these devils should Thread decide to kill him Elidr followed suit. "Elidr."

They were commanded to go hunt and for once the Dragonair was looking forward to a task. He hadn't gotten a chance to test his new form and he loved the thrill of a hunt. "And don’t even think about making a run for it because I will catch you and I will kill you.” Elidr glared at the mere suggestion that he would do such a thing, knowing full well that the law of dominance lay currently with the Aerodactyl. For now.

A yellow Jolteon came onto the scene and he and Reeves were ordered to take it alive, to which Elidr saw no point, but Reeves was already moving. Launching after the Deino he soon reached the struggling pair and the serpent bit done on the two back legs of the creature in one motion, gripping the appendages in his mouth as he helped Reeves to drag the victim to their 'master'. Too bad for the new guy that dragon skin was notoriously resistant to electricity. No matter how much he tried the pair wouldn't release him until they reached the rock type.

((Same deal here, PM if I need to edit!))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Hearthome city, contest hall/Early morning (19)

“Now, introductions. I’ve heard various names flung between you scum but let’s make this formal a matter. People say I’m too strict, that my methods are too blunt, well, I’m willing to change, I won’t call you vermin, so please, give me an alternative,”
    Ullr listened quietly as Thread walked down the line demanding their names, only speaking when he neared.
    "U-Ullr…" She murmured last, waiting for the lizard to say something about what they would have to do today.

“Right, let’s waste no more time. I want to see what you can do. I caught a glimpse of you two in battle yesterday, but you can do better. Now, impress me by doing what Cray can’t – get out there and find me some fucking meat. And don’t even think about making a run for it because I will catch you and I will kill you,”

Ullr couldn't say she was surprised by the order, but she still involuntarily jumped at the words. She had never killed anything in her life, and wanted to keep it that way. The others seemed unfazed... but judging by their teeth and forms, they couldn’t be herbivores…. Ullr had gone deep into her thoughts of what may happen if she failed to catch anything that she nearly didn’t notice that the others had started to exit the building. She quickly followed, making it outside at the end of something Thread was saying.

“-Let’s see what this mutt wants before we make any… rash decisions,”

Ullr had barely heard the end of his sentence before Reeves and Elidr shot after the yellow canine in the distance.
    “What are you doing!?” She burst “You don’t just attack someone out of the blue!” Ullr couldn’t stand by and not say anything. This was wrong, and she wouldn’t accept it. The worst part was that these Pokémon were all okay with it. The dragons followed the order, seemingly without a second thought. And Cray was nearly as bad as Thread…
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:58 am

(( I’m going to skip Thread and Cray. I’m guessing that Ullr was out of earshot, so they’d just be watching and waiting as the others drag Glitch over. :3 ))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:51 pm

((I am actually skipping Elidr (which is why only Fieryat's pic is showing) because we need Iceshadow to reply to Reeves and him dragging his character to Thread. So this is just Fieryat's intro.))
    Hearthome City|Early Morning
    (F-1)

The sound of heavy wing beats was all that broke the eerie silence of the city morning, the rest of the world seemingly non-existant. Fieryat had never seen human cities before and now that there were no humans it had been the perfect time for her to experience them. Only, with no humans also came the fact that the cities were very boring. The queen dragon was somewhat less than impressed by the feeble wooden homes but was intrigued by the larger standing structures. They were made of stone and metal and were as easy to cling to as her cave walls, often the massive buildings giving her a moment to rest while still retaining a high vantage point.

Now actually seemed the perfect time to do that as she had been airborne for most of the night. It never did to sit still at night or those creatures would oft come out of hiding and sniff her out. Perhaps the harsh light of day didn't suit their eyes or flesh? Or even the heat of the sun as it hovered overhead? Whatever the reason the dragon felt more safe resting in the light than in the dark so as massive building came into sight and she all but crashed into its side. Hooking her clawed wings and feet into the stone she hung there as her neck craned around to survey the area. It was easily the tallest building in town and seemed to have shards of colorful glass still remaining in the broken windows. It didn't look at all like the other buildings but it did give her a clear view of the entire city from so high.

And a clear view of two dragons dragging off a yellow creature.

Growling Fieryat took to the skies once again, shoving herself off of the spiral with such force that the stone actually cracked, and began to rush towards the scene. Angrily and with heavy force she landed on all fours before the two dragons and let out a terrifying roar, wings spread wide to block their way and long tail swishing around her angrily to prevent them from getting under her. They did not bear the scent of the undead nor did they show any sign of wound or infection so her anger eased somewhat as she noticed simple means of survival. Dragons were predators by nature and anything weaker was deemed edible, but what was strange was their method.

"They are easier to eat when dead children," she advised, settling her wings and wrapping her tail about her feet. The scent of others caught her attention and she turned her neck to view two more flyers and a spirit. "They are also easier to feed to others when dead." Turning back to the two other dragons she eyed the yellow fox and became even more puzzled. "What purpose does a live one serve?"

((Oh Snitch I think Fieryat and Thread are going to be fantastic dualing for leadership, lol. As a Queen she will never see Thread in a position of authority and defy him at every turn. XD))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Hearthome city/Early morning (20)

Ullr was angrily approaching Thread and cray as, suddenly, a large roaring beast heavily landed on the ground in front of the dragon duo. She couldn't help but to scream as it appeared. Her fear causing her to retreat back to the entrance of the contest hall. Now what??? She had never seen anything like this new Pokémon. It scared her to think of the damage it may do. All she could tell was that it was most likely a fire-flying type because of its great wings and the flame on its tail. She remembered how fire types were sometimes disliked or feared from where she was from. They were able to destroy the ice types quite easily, though they did less damage to her in a battle.

"They are easier to eat when dead children,"

Is it.. Giving them advice??? Her mind wondered. Slowly, she peeked out from the entrance just as it swung its great head around to look behind. She let out another little shriek before hiding inside the contest hall again.

"They are also easier to feed to others when dead."

Better to feed to others???... it is giving them advice! UIlr slowly looked out of the entrance again, hoping the dragon meant no harm.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 am

Hearthome City || Early Morning [17]

Thread and Cray had been waiting in silence, the former watching with keen interest in the dragons’ rough handling of the stranger. It was nice to see obedience at such an early stage. Of course, they were nowhere near up to scratch, but it was a promising start nonetheless. That ghost, however. She was already beginning to lag behind in the Aerodactyl’s plan, the creature soon coming to the conclusion that she would have to learn quickly for he was not patient. No doubt Cray would protest. That infernal soft spot for women was ridiculous and the fossil had already resolved that such chivalry would not interfere. Ullr would learn one way or another.

The Aerodactyl’s attention was quickly stolen from his followers as he caught a foreign scent lingering in the air. Accompanied with the gust of wind signalling movement above, Thread all but had a moment’s notice before the Charizard landed heavily between himself and his latest acquisitions. He gave a disgruntled snarl, wings flaring in mimicry of the stranger’s own display of intimidation to Reeves and Elidr, disgusted in her attempts to unhinge his orders. Cray took a step back with the stranger’s appearance, a frown hanging over his features as he resolved himself to not get involved. Besides, Thread seemed more than eager to control this turn of events.

"They are also easier to feed to others when dead. What purpose does a live one serve?"

Disliking his intentions being questioned by a stranger, a female too, Thread greeted her with a growl. Whilst he showed some restraint, giving the creature a space that he usually reserved only as a luxury, the Aerodactyl replied with equal curtness.
    “Followers,” He snapped back, eying her carefully. “Or are you too primitive to comprehend such a thing?” Thread snorted, noting the hooks tipping her wings – some sort of mutation that marked her as an impurity. Looking past the fire-type to catch the state of the dragon duo and their unfortunate captive, the rock-type gave an irritated hiss to find the latter missing. His tail swinging behind him, he shot the Dragonair a dangerous glare before returning to the matter at hand, the female.

“What do you want?”
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:35 am

Post 31

Hearthome City/ Contest Hall| Morning

Reeves felt Elidr latch onto their struggling captive as well, giving the deino some relief. While his first instinct was to snap the little bastard's neck, he knew that Thread's commands needed to be settled first, lest he get his own neck snapped. As the weaker of the two dragons, he knew he was lower on the priority rung; it was only his obedience and potential that kept him alive. Wanting to live long enough to take advantage of Thread's trust called for complete and utter obedience... unfortunately.

However, foreign wing beats came to his ears. Flinching, he recognized the sound as large, webbed wings, their winds wafting a smoky aroma to him. He could only guess that it was a fire type, but the captive's scent was too close and overpowering for him to really tell. Unfortunately, the creature that landed was far heavier than Reeves anticipated, startling him enough to release his grip. The jolteon took advantage and fled, pushing Reeves off with a powerful electric attack. "Shit!" he snapped as he hit the groun. Grunting as he pushed himself off his side, he began to give chase when he paused, unable to even hear the electric type anymore. He was gone.

"They are easier to eat when dead children," the creature spoke, causing Reeves to turn and take a better scent of just who made him lose his captive. Female, obviously, from the voice and scent. Fire and flying type... Charizard? Young adult, confident... a leader sort. She'd get on great with Thread... "They are also easier to feed to others when dead. What purpose does a live one serve?"

“Followers,” Thread snapped back at her, his mood about what Reeves had figured. Chipper. “Or are you too primitive to comprehend such a thing?” There was a pause, perhaps of Thread eyeing this new threat and possible ally, that same pause he'd given when analyzing himself and Elidr. “What do you want?”

Reeves wasn't entirely sure whether or not it would be a good idea to bring up the now very missing prisoner to Thread, but... the later, the worse. Frowning and slowly making his way around the behemoth of a dragon, he paused in front of the aerodactyl. "...He's gone. I lost my grip and he ran faster than I could." His voice was low, but remained carefully emotionless. Excuses would not be tolerated, so he left out the bit about the charizard's sudden arrival causing him to lose his grip. He braced himself for physical damage, head staying low. This was bound to hurt.

[[Snitch, you has permission to hit Reeves if need be :3]]

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Hearthome City/Contest Hall|Morning
    ((E-32/F-2))

Elidr had shifted back at the massive female's landing, unsure how a Charizard even got that big. He coiled like a rope around Reeves but unfortunately Reeves had dropped the Jolteon in shock and it managed to wriggle out of his grasp and take off. Annoyed Elidr hissed at the female but it seemed she was more in a lecturing mood and started criticizing their capture. It's not like they had much of a choice but to listen to her as she was currently in the way but Thread seemed to see it as some sort of challenge and glared only at him. The hell? He wasn't the one who let the electric type go.

Moving closer to Reeves the Dragonair made sure to keep his alliance purely with his fellow dragon and watched what the female would do in response to Thread carefully. The Charizard didn't look like any one he had ever seen before. Her wings were completely wrong, she had these weird horns growing out of her head, and her body was so long and thin...not like the normal muscle and bulk of a regular Charizard. "Something is off about her," he whispered to Reeves, sure his companion had gathered enough from her scent. "She looks like Charizard but..."

“Followers,” Thread's voice cut in, answering the female's earlier question. “Or are you too primitive to comprehend such a thing?” Fieryat turned to the Aerodactyl who had come up behind her and frowned. "I want nothing from you. But if that was intended to be a follower then I will tell you that your method of 'recruitment' shows the weak mind of an even more pathetic leader." Stretching her wings the female shifted up from all fours to an upright position which showed even more of her height. Eying the ancient species carefully she shrugged before turning to her fellow dragons. "Are you here against your will young ones?"

If they answered positively then it would likely mean a fight. Fieryat did not tolerate forced servitude.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:51 am

Hearthome City / Contest Hall || Morning [18]

"...He's gone. I lost my grip and he ran faster than I could."

Thread glowered at Reeves, approaching with his signature intimidating gait with every intention to make the imbecilic dragon pay for his ineptness. Yet as he approached, a dangerous glint in his eye, he was reminded of the stranger proving an obstacle between himself and his followers. Nostrils flaring, he came to a halt beside the female, making a mental note to deal with Reeves and Elidr later. They were lucky this time.

"I want nothing from you. But if that was intended to be a follower then I will tell you that your method of 'recruitment' shows the weak mind of an even more pathetic leader."

The Aerodactyl emitted a deep, threatening growl, mirroring the Charizard’s stance with his own impressive stature.
    “And what would you know about leadership?” He snapped back, disgusted that one such as the fire-type before him thought she had the authority to criticize him. “A female. A freak,” The dragon had spent half of his life at the top of the heap, ensuring total obedience by whatever means possible. From experience, he’d learnt fear was the best source of motivation. Violence could act as the learning catalyst for any miscreant – everyone was afraid of dying.

"Are you here against your will young ones?"

Cray, who had been content in taking a back seat within the heated exchanged, had quietly appeared aside Thread’s soldiers-in-training. He managed Ullr a weak smile, noticing the female’s discomfort, before turning to regard Reeves and Edlir. He was about to speak when the Charizard addressed them, his Achilles heel for the opposite gender abruptly silencing him.
    “No,” Fortunately, Thread was keen to answer for them. “They wanted training; I’m offering it to them. I run a strict schedule – they knew what they were getting into,” The Skarmory shifted on the spot, his attention volleying between the newcomer and his boss as the likeliness of a fight started to show signs of inevitability. Now or later he didn’t know, but the steel-type was confident that Thread wouldn’t let the matter of challenged authority drop easily.
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:33 pm

((Sorry didn't see that I was put in this team till just now))

Hearthome City /Outside Contest Hall/Morning/Post #24

Cheshire far from home, far from Alice. Where was Alice?, The yellow dog must have stolen Cheshire's Alice away from him. Cheshire hates Oz now just as much as Him. Curling his claws into the ground below him as his eye glows a little red. Why would Alice go with Oz and not him, why did they leave poor Cheshire behind.

"Cheshire will find you again Alice, Cheshire will destroy what makes you sad" he says to himself and he nears a large building.

Looking ahead Cheshire hears something on the wind, not if its the other children of misfortune or not. The small bell around his throat giving a small jingle as he moved around the buildings, the other two still dead silent that drag behind him. Coming around the corner he saw other pokemon, great winged beast caught his eye first.

A feeling curled in his stomach, "Maybe they took Cheshire's Alice" he says as his ears curl back and the fur between his shoulder start to stand on end.

((Sorry it's so short, permission to notice or something))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Hearthome city/contest hall / morning (21)

"I want nothing from you. But if that was intended to be a follower then I will tell you that your method of 'recruitment' shows the weak mind of an even more pathetic leader…. Are you here against your will young ones?"

Ullr had come closer after hearing the Fire-types words and felt a spark of hope inside her. Maybe she would help her escape? Keeping out of Threads vision she nervously stood, trying to summon up the courage to do something- anything to show that she did not want to be a follower of the horrible gray lizard. After Cray gave her a small smile and looked away, Ullr quickly nodded “yes” to the other female, unintentionally causing her bell to ring out just as Thread began to speak.

“No, They wanted training; I’m offering it to them. I run a strict schedule – they knew what they were getting into,”

Ullr felt the spark of hope fade a bit as she listened to him speak, and worried thoughts entered her mind. What if she didn’t see me? What if she believes Thread? Then what am I supposed to do!? Worried, and fearful, she reached a hand back to take the bell off of her head, and then nodded “no” to what Thread was saying. This time, making no sound as she looked at the orange dragon with worried eyes.

((I got skipped :/))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm