Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+16
Nightfall
Abysswalker
Kaze
CelestialSeren
Alhoon
Duma
NyraXerz
Silverishness
Snitch
renegade
Min
Jay
SkeletonCupcake
Scizor
Suicune
Negative10
20 posters

(ACE) The STARK Team

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

(ACE) The STARK Team  - Page 7 Empty Re: (ACE) The STARK Team

Post by Snitch Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Survival Area || Midnight [14][11]

"Oh, what the hell! Wouldn't hurt to have some company for once, eh? Been holed up in that mountain for too long! Gets a bit borin', y'know? They called me Smith. Good to meet yer."

Carl could have hugged the steel giant then. His expression of terror took the abrupt transition into one of purest relief, a smile exploding on his scruffy face at the Aggron’s good-natured laugh. Exchanging a look with Vale, pleased that he hadn’t been left to face such a tense situation alone, the Meowth shuffled a little way from the Bayleef’s leg. Smith didn’t seem like he was about to attack, the way he held that powerful body far more amiable than it had been before. Trusting his instincts, though unable to prevent the occasional glance over his shoulder, Carl cautiously shook the stranger’s hand – it must’ve been about the same size as his head.
    “H-How’d you do?” The cat’s forced grin was struggling to keep its place as the thought of Gaear invaded the relief of Smith’s docility. “Name’s Carl,” So distracted by the unseen threat no doubt tearing Sahara limb from limb, the feline hardly realized he was still gripping onto the Aggron’s hand.

"What's this 'dragon' yer speak of? Giving yer trouble is it? Want me to take care of it for yer? Been a while since I had a battle with a dragon. They're tough ones, them. Always fun."

Carl recoiling his grip on the Aggron with some disgust, remembering the brute’s earlier mention of marking his territory, the feline looked up to Smith with some disbelief. He wanted to fight. Despite himself, the cat gave a sudden, hysterical laugh which silenced as suddenly as it had emerged.
    “Honestly, mate, best bet is to get us the fuck outta here,” The cowardly Meowth protested, though a certain part of him was curious to see Gaear take on this creature. Hell, maybe Smith would kill the bastard and they’d be free of all their troubles – but then again, maybe not. If Gaear could tear his way through an Arcanine and an Aggron, Carl was as good as dead. Managing a weak smile at the large steel-creature, he tapped his armoured leg gently as he passed. “You wanna fight, start warmin’ up – mind if I go on ahead?” Not taking no for answer, the cat trotted on past.

---

"They've slipped away. It was pitiful, they even recruited a cat to their team. I hate cats..."

Gaear followed her gesture to the door with cold eyes, an amused snort escaping him at her final quip. The description ‘team’ was laughable, but typically aloof, the Haxorus boasted only a small, sly grin at her response. Hates cats? Something we have in a common, he mused darkly, claws flexing against the floor at the thought of gutting that cowardly Meowth.

Turning his attention back to the Arcanine, however, Gaear was reminded of what to do with the fire-type. She’d been vague, which he wasn’t overly pleased with, but she was so calm. She had the confidence to joke in his presence, his blood-drenched, powerful form having seemingly zero effect on the canine. She stood tall, head in the air without a care in the world. Sceptical, Gaear’s glare softened into a curious squint as he eyed her pretty little face.
    “You don’t fear me?” He asked finally, voice low, deadly but tinged with a rare tone of amusement. It was certainly an irregular occurrence that someone had the audacity to stand up to him. The dragon was fairly gifted in the art of distinguishing masked emotions, apt to noticing the ‘tells’ of their true feelings and yet, Sahara was numb, faultless. “And, you didn't run like those cowards?” An inhale, as he weighed out his options. “Tell me, why shouldn’t I kill you?”
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Post 13

Stark Mountain| Midnight

Vale could have kissed the armored behemoth if he weren't so terrified and short. The aggron dismissed his earlier hostilities, exchanging them instead for a more "eh, what the hell" sort of attitude. While normally, Vale would admonish that sort of behavior, it meant his and Carl's safety. "Thank you!" he cried, his unbridled joy and relief overtaking his fear. He swallowed, following Carl. "I-I'm Vale..."

When the aggron spoke of taking the dragon on, however, he stopped, staring up at the monster in terror and disbelief. To even want to fight that... thing for sport...? What...? "...Nononononono-- you-you can't! It's too... H-He's too..." He looked back in the direction of the silent pokemon center, fear returning like a sledgehammer to his expression. "You should get out of here while you still have a chance!" Though Carl didn't seem to care whether this guy chose to throw his life away, Vale sure did.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Survival Area/Midnight (3)

"H-How'd you do?" Smith grinned as the Meowth carefully placed his paw - which was comically small in comparison to his enormous hand - into his palm and allowed him to gently shake it. "Name’s Carl." The cat kept a rather firm grip until he had offered to take care of the dragon for them. Releasing a short burst of laughter, he continued past him and patted him on the leg as he went by. "Honestly, mate, best bet is to get us the fuck outta here. You wanna fight, start warmin' up – mind if I go on ahead?" Smith said nothing and simply watched Carl walk past him without even waiting for an answer. "Now hold on just a moment--"

But then the Bayleef - Vale as he had introduced himself - decided to butt in with an air of pure panic about him. "...Nononononono-- you-you can't! It's too... H-He's too...You should get out of here while you still have a chance!" The huge Steel-type couldn't help but scoff at the attitude of these Pokemon. "What're yer getting yer knickers in such a twist for over a fuckin' dragon? Those things may look big and tough but they're just a bunch o' pushovers. I've taken down loads of 'em." Still, by the way that they were acting this dragon was clearly more than just an overpowered tank that looked cool. Either that or they were just pansies.

"Hmph ... I'll tag along with yer for a bit then, if yer don't mind," Smith grunted, turning his enormous bulk around to follow Carl. "Besides, I want to learn more about this dragon you're pissin' yerselves over." With a soft groan and a brief, mournful look up at the mountain - his mountain - Smith trudged off into the undergrowth after the Meowth.

((Even though SG's characters weren't actually placed into the Safehouse yet, I'm assuming that it's my turn. :/))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:57 am

Survival Area | Midnight (14)

“You don’t fear me? And, you didn't run like those cowards?”

The canine remained dead serious as she stared back to the crimson soaked Dragon-Type, "For what reason should I fear?" She knew Gaear was a killer. But so was she. The ruthlessly killed Rattata in the floor, their bodies broken without hesitation or thought of the possibility they could've been living proved it. The blades adorning the Dragon-Type's face were dangerous however, and could easily slice through the canine at any given moment. Distance was needed if she were going to safely converse with this guy. She confidently stepped away, her gaze never snapping away from the blood colored eyes of the Dragon.

“Tell me, why shouldn’t I kill you?” The straight forwardness of his words left Sahara surprised. But the chance to avoid a conflict was still present, she was sure. Otherwise, he probably would've sliced her head off by now. "The Bayleef and Meowth... I'd love nothing more than to see them pleading for their lives..."
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:00 am

Survival Area || Midnight [15][12]

"What're yer getting yer knickers in such a twist for over a fuckin' dragon? Those things may look big and tough but they're just a bunch o' pushovers. I've taken down loads of 'em."

Carl, reluctantly stopped, looking over his shoulder to check he was hearing Smith’s words correctly. Gaear… A pushover? The idea was laughable, a sudden chuckle, almost maniacal its emergence, left the feline’s mouth. Weren’t said pushover lurking in the distance, still hidden within the Centre, Carl wouldn’t have shut up.

Still, he shook his head and continued walking.
    “Gaear, a pushover. Priceless,” Yet movement behind him soon found that he wasn’t to be travelling alone. The Aggron spoke of joining them, expressing an interest in the monstrous dragon as the ground shifted slightly beneath the creature’s footfalls. Carl, possessing the curtsey of a teaspoon, continued trotting on ahead, desperate to get out of the open.

--

"For what reason should I fear?"

Gaear eyed her suspiciously, impressed with her capacity to stay calm. The rodents littering the floor seemed to have been done at her hand. Carl couldn’t catch a cold and he presumed the Bayleef, if he stayed true to his species, wasn’t about to seek out meat as sustenance. Frown slowly dissolving into an amused grin, the dragon moved a step back in unison with the Arcanine’s movements. But he response to his next question sealed the deal. Gaear was impressed.

"The Bayleef and Meowth... I'd love nothing more than to see them pleading for their lives..."

A rare, short laugh escaped him then. A slick grin had crawled up his bloodstained as he fell back to sit on his haunches. Finding the ferocity of the female amusing, interesting even, the Haxorus relaxed. Whilst his stature and natural demeanour was as unrelentingly dark, the intensity of his red glare softened into almost a gleam of mischief.
    “Sahara, right?” He started, eyes never leaving the fire-type’s form. “Why not make that a reality? I suggest an alliance,” Gaear shifted, moving to the barricaded window where he effortlessly pulled the box away – revealing the sight of the small gathering in the distance. There was a steel-type among them now, but the sight of their feeble group widened the Haxorus’ grin. That,” He pointed to the Arggron. ”Will have to go, first. You feed me information, then we can tear them apart together,”

It was perhaps the most the dragon had said in his entire life, the proposition essentially for the canine’s benefit. Gaear, whilst fearless, had had experiences with Aggron and knew their brute strength was apt to rival his own. He was outnumbered by those ignorant bastards protecting that flea-bitten cat. But Sahara was one of them. She could slip into the group, find their weak spots, separate them, sabotage them… The possibilities were endless. Gaear turned back to the canine, expression serious once more.
    “Join them,” He ordered. “Separate them, and we can kill them off, one… by… one,” Satisfied with his plan, the Haxorus stalked towards the canine. Whilst he tended to work alone, he thought one measly exception wouldn’t tarnish his reputation. It would be a pleasant change, in fact. “What do you say? Partners?”
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 am

((Skip; Vale's just really, really nervous. |D))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Survival Area/Midnight (4)

Smith scowled as Carl actually laughed at him as if he was just some idiot who liked to make unfunny jokes to break the ice. He decided to keep his mouth shut, however, until they fought through enough trees and thorny branches to be far enough from the Survival Area to talk in private. It was then that the Aggron stopped tromping along and loudly cleared his throat to get the attention of the others.

"All right, we're far enough now I reckon? Tell me more about this dragon of yers. First off, what kind of dragon is it? And second, what's it doing to make yer scarper like this?" He leaned against a thick tree, which creaked precariously under his huge weight.

((Sorry for the length, I'm in a slight rush. >.< I might come back tomorrow and edit.))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:11 am

Survival Area | Midnight (15)

“Sahara, right? Why not make that a reality? I suggest an alliance,”

Dancing with the devil. The Fire-Type knew how risky this deal was, however as his words played out, she knew she would have to accept the offer. Sahara glanced out the window as did Gaear, yet another Pokémon. That will have to go, first. You feed me information, then we can tear them apart together,”
    An Aggron? Hah! A dark chuckle escaped the canine as she examined the newcomer, "No Steel-Type will be a match for me. And with two of us? Ha!", she looked to Gaear with her smirk more evil than ever, "They'll be dead before they figure out what hit them..."
    “Join them,” Her attention was fixed on the dragon whilst he spoke his plot, “Separate them, and we can kill them off, one… by… one,”
    She had to hand it to him, his plan was near flawless. Killing them in such a sadistic manner... Gaear, his power and brilliance, were a force to be reckoned with.

“What do you say? Partners?”
    As an Arcanine, it was practically in her DNA to protect those around her. She was amused at the thought of all the Arcanines and Growlithes before her who served the police, aided the incapable, protected their families, and so on. And here she was, helping with the murders of the seemingly innocent.
    "Definitely.", her words were guiltless. They were, like everything else, destined to die. Why did it matter who was responsible?... It didn't, not in the cold world left in the wake of the virus. "However, they believe I stayed here to fight you. If I return unharmed, they will be suspicious."
    She padded through the Center before raising a paw in gesture to the support beams, "If the Center comes toppling down, I think I will be able to convince them you're dead."
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:49 am

Survival Area || Midnight [16][13]
    "All right, we're far enough now I reckon? Tell me more about this dragon of yers. First off, what kind of dragon is it? And second, what's it doing to make yer scarper like this?"

Firmly out of the open, Carl stopped to take a quick surveillance of the area, eyes wide and keen for glimpse of bloodstained armour within the foliage. Fortunately, he found nothing, instead met with Smith’s curious questions of Gaear. Turning to look at the giant steel-type, the scruffy feline gave an exasperated huff, choosing to lean against the tree trunk opposite. There was no point in lying his way through the situation. They were all in danger now. No doubt, Gaear would be intent on slaughtering every one of them as soon as he finished with Sahara.
    “Gaear’s a Haxorus,” Carl replied, tired. Fear had seeped into his veins, rendering him out of breath as his eyes volleyed between the Aggron and Bayleef. Guilty he hadn’t warned Vale of the situation sooner, other than the helpful fact that Gaear was a psychopath; he shot him an apologetic look. “He’s been trying to kill me for years. I don’t know why, exactly… He worked as an assassin, never speaks much – generally a fucking psycho, if you ask me,” He admitted, alert for any signs of movement within the trees. “You’re ‘helping’ me out so he’ll be coming to kill you guys too. So yeah… uh, sorry… about that…”

---

Gaear liked this Sahara character more with each passing second. That evil little smirk of hers was far too refined to be a rarity. Oh no, this girl wasn’t an innocent damsel; not at all. The Haxorus gave an amused chuckle, enjoying watching a kindred spirit, an unlikely addition to his brutality as she pondered his proposition. Whilst he had no qualms about gutting her were she to refuse such a generous offer, the dragon was pleased at her enthusiastic response.

"Definitely. However, they believe I stayed here to fight you. If I return unharmed, they will be suspicious. If the Center comes toppling down, I think I will be able to convince them you're dead."

Eyes lingering on her proud form, another grin broke across Gaear’s bloodstained face.
    “Clever girl,” He mused aloud, giving the female a nod of approval for her undeniable deceit. This was turning out to be a rather pleasant turn of events. He’d come to the mountain to theatrically dispose of that pesky Meowth for good, but picking off his only friends one by one seemed a far more appealing spectacle. He’d be begging for death by the time Gaear was finished with his cowardly protectors.

Rising to his feet, he moved to the female’s side, smearing his bloodstained arm gently across her side.
    “Gotta make it convincing,” His expression was blank, his malicious grin finally wrestled back to its inner haven as the Haxorus stood back to admire the bloodstained pelt of his partner in crime. Dissatisfied, he moved dangerously close to her face, dark eyes locked onto her own as he place a bloody claw lightly to her mouth – reddening the cream fur. “That’s better,”

Retreating to a more comfortable distance, his eyes wandered to the support beams, pleased with the canine’s plan. Moving towards the main entrance of the Center, the hulking dragon gave a curt nod of his head.
    “Remember,” He started, voice dark. “I’ll be watching you…” With a final smirk, he disappeared into the darkness of night, one with the shadows as he awaited the collapse of the building that would mark his death.

(( Hope you don’t mind Gaear smearing blood of Sahara, Night. I can come back and edit it you’re not okay with it. ^^; ))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Survival Area/Midnight (5)

"Gaear’s a Haxorus," Carl replied to his question, coming to a stop and panting for breath. "A Haxorus, eh?" A grin flashed onto Smith's face as he remembered that one battle that he had endured with one of those dragons. That was one fuckin' great fight. Never forget it, he mused silently to himself before turning his full attention back to the small feline. "He’s been trying to kill me for years. I don’t know why, exactly..." The Aggron pulled a slight frown at these words, but knew that Carl had more to say so kept quiet and let him finish. "He worked as an assassin, never speaks much – generally a fucking psycho, if you ask me. You’re ‘helping’ me out so he’ll be coming to kill you guys too. So yeah... uh, sorry... about that..."

"OK, I've heard enough," Smith cut in before Carl could say any more with a wave of his huge hand. He stood up to full height (as the tree signed in relief of having been spared of his weight) and regared Carl with narrowed, intrigued eyes. "First off, I know how nasty those Haxorus bastards can be. Trust me. I fought one of 'em years ago, so I know what yer gettin' at there. But here's what I can't understand..." He couldn't help but unconsciously scratch his belly as the situation started to puzzle him. "There's gotta be a reason he's trying to kill yer, right? Yer must've done somethin' to piss him off."

"And thirdly..."
    Smith began to chuckle to himself, shaking his head and thumping the tree next to him. "Do I look like I'm scared of this guy?Give me a fuckin' break. Haxorus may look big and tough but underneath they're just big pussies. They think that those fancy tusks are enough reason t'show off and act big. Well, let me tell yer this: I'm not about to sit on my ass all day and let some big-headed bastard pick on you young'uns. No offense or anything, but yer're just kids. Yer can't do shit against a dragon like that. But I..." The old Steel-type's grin widened to almost insane proportions as he pounded his fists together. "I've beaten the shit outta one o' those things before, and I'll gladly do it again. Sounds t'me that this Gaear fella is just a big bully, and bullies need to be taught a lesson, right?"

Smith took a step forward, his grin having now faded into a more serious expression. While he relished the idea of engaging a Haxorus in battle again, he knew that he was doing this for a reason other than making himself feel good. These Pokemon clearly needed help, and he reckoned that it was about time he did something more useful than sit around and complain about the state of his mountain thanks to the undead. "Carl, don't even try sayin' no t'me. I'm going to help yer."

((Seriously, don't say no, lol.))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:02 am

Survival Area | Midnight (16)

Okay...

While Gaear seemed pleased with her idea, and even praised her as clever, Sahara was less than enthusiastic about her... makeup. Her body tensed slightly as he brushed against her fur, leaving crimson stains on her already ragged coat. But she'd probably have to do worse later... “Remember, I’ll be watching you…”
    She didn't need a reminder. How could she possibly forget a murderous dragon stalking her from the shadows? With another unnerving smile from Gaear, he disappeared into the darkness, leaving Sahara with the task of taking down the building. Peachy.

Knocking over a Pokémon Center wasn't exactly something she did every day. However, life has taught Sahara that whenever something must be taken down, set it on fire. And thats what she planned on doing.
    The Arcanine's flames blazed across the Center, leaving but ashes smoldering in their trail and smoke pouring out the windows. The already unsteady support beams let out a whine as fire licked at them, threatening to burn them into nonexistence. While the roof would've caved on its own, she was not happy with the time it was taking. Moving on to Plan B.

More flames roared, surrounding Sahara. With a leap, she crashed into the wall with the force to make the entire building rattle. Yeah, this was a way better plan. She continued abusing the walls with her Flame Wheel, each time leaving the Center less and less stable. Finally the support was defeated, sending pieces of the still flaming ceiling plummeting into lobby. It rained debris which were carefully avoided by Sahara as she crashed into the wall once more. This time she blew a hole in the wall, landing just barely on her feet outside.

Finally succumbing to Sahara's thrashing, the building fell down with an echoing crash. Oh yes, that was sure to attract some unwanted guests. They could stay and admire the fire or something, she wasn't gonna be around when they showed their ugly faces~
    She dashed to the opposite side of the mess, finally catching the others in her sight. It was mere seconds before she found herself amongst them once again.

The dog fell back to a sit, her breaths labored with a feigned pain. Deciding to let the others speak first, she remained silent waiting for their questions in between careful glances towards the Aggron.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:24 am

Survival Area || Midnight [17][13]

"OK, I've heard enough. First off, I know how nasty those Haxorus bastards can be. Trust me. I fought one of 'em years ago, so I know what yer gettin' at there. But here's what I can't understand... There's gotta be a reason he's trying to kill yer, right? Yer must've done somethin' to piss him off."

Carl looked away, busying himself in counting the gashes on his body in a vain bid to avoid the question of why Gaear wanted him dead. Although he wasn’t certain why he was so loathed, the Meowth wasn’t prepared to reveal his past occupation to the towering Aggron before him. A life as a thief, a swindler and generally ‘treacherous coward’, the feline could understand why he wasn’t exactly the epitome of popularity. Thankfully, Smith moved on. Ruling Gaear nothing but a big bully, Carl looked back up to meet the almost excited smirk on the steel-type’s face. He wanted to fight?

"Carl, don't even try sayin' no t'me. I'm going to help yer."

He wanted to help? That was about the first time he’d heard that. Carl shuffled uncomfortably on the spot, looking nervously to the Luxray and Vale, considering his options. He didn’t fancy being responsible for another death along with Sahara, but this Smith guy seemed confident enough. He certainly looked strong enough to give Gaear a run for his money and his assurance of victory could prove the winning combination. Chewing his lip, he opened to speak when a sudden crashing made him jump out of his skin.

Head whipping around to see the Center in the distance collapsing to a pile of rubble, the Meowth stifled a gulp. That’s it, Sahara was dead. Sure, he’d been involved with countless deaths and guilt was usually a rare emotion for the feline, but the fact the canine had helped him and was a female evoked unwanted emotion. Turning away with a sigh, almost defeated, he looked to Smith, giving a weak nod of his head.
    “Okay,” The usual pep was sapped from tone, a building fear effectively destroying his typical fast-talking nature. He looked broken, exhausted. If anything could stop Gaear now, it was Smith. “Kill ‘im,”

And then Sahara arrived.

It took a moment for Carl to process what he was seeing. The Arcanine sat before him in one piece. Her fur was smeared with blood, her breathing ragged with exhaustion, but she was alive. Carl’s jaw must’ve hit the ground, bulging eyes threatening to pop out of his skull altogether.
    “WHAT?” He screeched, thoroughly and utterly confused at this change of events. Rushing towards her, viciously scanning her bloodstained features, the Meowth’s expression was the definition of bafflement. “What the FUCK happened? You’re alive?!”
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:08 am

Post 14

Survival Area| Midnight

"He’s been trying to kill me for years. I don’t know why, exactly..." There was a moment of silence as Carl's words processed in everyone's mind, Vale's included. The bayleef's eyes were wide with shock and disbelief. "He worked as an assassin, never speaks much – generally a fucking psycho, if you ask me. You’re ‘helping’ me out so he’ll be coming to kill you guys too. So yeah... uh, sorry... about that..." The meowth chanced a glance in Vale's direction, the grass-type's expression only changing as a small bout of alarm and confusion enetered it.

"W-Wait," Vale stuttered, his confusion getting the better of him. "If he's so dangerous, then why are you still around him?" It just didn't make sense. His question, however, was spoken over by the aggron, saying how Haxorus were easily handled. While Vale appreciated Smith's confidence, his doubt kept him from ridding himself of his fear for the dragon. There was such a thing as being too confident. When his question went unanswered, Vale frowned a little, his eyes still on Carl. I'll just have to ask him later...

A great crack split the air, smoke filling his nostrils as he turned to see the Center now on fire. Fire... Vale gulped, unknowingly backing away from the blazing building. There was absolutely nothing he could do against flames... However, a figure emerged from the inferno-- Sahara! Vale's expression brightened a little, genuinely glad to see she'd made it. Maybe... Gaear was dead after all? "You made it!" he cried, unable to mask his enthusiasm and relief.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Survival Area/Midnight (6)

Neither Carl, Vale or the alarmingly quiet Luxray had any quarrels about his bid to help them out. Good. It had been a long time since Smith had felt the excitement and adrenaline of a truly good battle and couldn't wait to pummel that wimpy dragon's skull in. Gotta do yer part for the young'uns. But before he could say a word, the ground beneath his feet rumbled and there was an almighty crash coming from the Survival Area. Smith turned to see the distant Pokemon Centre collapsing in an eruption of flames. "What the hell?!"

But just then a dark shadow appeared as it emerged from the inferno, and Carl's voice barely raised itself above the roar of the flames. "Okay. Kill 'im." Smith couldn't help but frown a little; the shadow didn't look much like a Haxorus to him, but nonetheless he pounded his massive fists together and braced himself. "With fuckin' pleasure." As the figure neared, his claws began to glow with a red, pulsating energy and he charged at the shadow, ready to deliver a Dragon Claw attack to its face.

But then he stopped.

"...Huh?" The figure's features sharpened as it emerged from the fire and Smith spotted that it was in fact an Arcanine. By Carl and Vale's reaction to this Fire-type, he reckoned that she was a friend who had been-- "Hang on just a fuckin' minute!" Smith swung himself around, knocking a rotting tree truck flying with his tail, and glared at Carl and Vale. "I suppose yer forgot that one little detail, eh? That someone was actually in there with that Haxorus o' yers? So, yer were gonna just leave her there as a distraction while yer ran away and saved yer own filthy hides? Is that it? Yer bunch of ingrates! This young lass coulda been killed! Yer should be fuckin' ashamed!" With a loud huff of disapproval, Smith tromped over to the Arcanine and held up one of his hands as he took a look at the wound on her side. "Sorry about that, lass. Thought yer were the dragon that everyone's pissin' themselves over. Yer OK?"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 am

Survival Area | Midnight (17)

“WHAT? What the FUCK happened? You’re alive?!”

Her arrival caused such a shock, it was nearly laughable. Did they have that much faith that Gaear would've been the victor? Geez... "You made it!" The situation was uncomfortable, it felt more like she was greeting family at an airport rather than gathering information for her cohort. She slightly withdrawed away from the group, genuinely surprised at their reactions. When did they start caring for her wellbeing? Didn't they just abandon her to be killed a few moments ago?

"Yes. True to Carl's word, he intended to kill me. We fought ruthlessly within the Center before it finally was set ablaze. We were both wounded, but he wasn't satisfied. He prepared to deliver what surely would've been the killing blow, but the roof collapsed. He was caught underneath the debris as the fire rapidly spread. He was burning alive as I fled, something more powerful than even I must've gone against him during the earlier horde... Otherwise, I would not be standing here right now.", Hopefully the others would believe it. Although in Sahara's mind, the story was pretty flawless. No matter what, if something was simultaneously crushed and burnt, it would probably die.

"Hang on just a fuckin' minute! I suppose yer forgot that one little detail, eh? That someone was actually in there with that Haxorus o' yers? So, yer were gonna just leave her there as a distraction while yer ran away and saved yer own filthy hides? Is that it? Yer bunch of ingrates! This young lass coulda been killed! Yer should be fuckin' ashamed!"
    Sahara was utterly puzzled. Wasn't that how everything was supposed to work these days? Survival of the fittest? And surely she wasn't something worthy of such concern, in fact, she was the one who should've been ashamed...
    "Sorry about that, lass. Thought yer were the dragon that everyone's pissin' themselves over. Yer OK?"

The canine sighed with a stooper of her head, "... Yeah... Thank you."
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:48 am

Survival Area || Midnight [18][13]

Choosing to intentionally ignore Vale’s earlier question, not wanting to verbally admit just how utterly terrified of Gaear he was, Carl remained entirely engrossed with Sahara’s explanation. Unable to comprehend how she had killed such a monstrous creature as that demonic Haxorus, he stared at her open mouthed, certain his mind was playing tricks on him. Perhaps he was already dead and this was just some kind of twisted dream?
    “He’s… dead?” He asked hesitantly, almost sceptically when she’d finished. “You’re sure, he’s dead?” Before there was time for celebration or even confirmation, Smith brought him back to reality.

"I suppose yer forgot that one little detail, eh? That someone was actually in there with that Haxorus o' yers? So, yer were gonna just leave her there as a distraction while yer ran away and saved yer own filthy hides? Is that it? Yer bunch of ingrates! This young lass coulda been killed! Yer should be fuckin' ashamed!"

Carl gave a shrill laugh, almost maniacal in its utterance, as he instinctively scampered away from the steel tank of a pokémon. Forgetting the continuous sting of his various cuts and bruises, the Meowth trotted behind Vale, again using him as a fleshy shield to any potential physical response from the Aggron.
    “Hey! She wanted to stay!” He insisted firmly out of striking distance. “S’not my fault if she wants to get ‘erself killed! Right, Vale?” Carl didn’t await an answer, instead continuing to babble on about how to justify leaving the battered canine with a creature who had initially only wanted to kill him. Still, he failed to see how he was in the wrong. “Besides, you didn’t ask. Bu-But she’s all good and alive and this whole mess is over! See, it worked out for the best. Gaear's dead! Right, Vale?”
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Post 15

Survival Area| Midnight

Vale stood in complete awe before Sahara, taking in her bloodied form with wonder and complete and utter respect. How she had managed against Gaear... "Yes. True to Carl's word, he intended to kill me. We fought ruthlessly within the Center before it finally was set ablaze. We were both wounded, but he wasn't satisfied. He prepared to deliver what surely would've been the killing blow, but the roof collapsed. He was caught underneath the debris as the fire rapidly spread. He was burning alive as I fled, something more powerful than even I must've gone against him during the earlier horde... Otherwise, I would not be standing here right now." The bayleef released a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding, glad that it was at least over.

But it didn't seem Carl was all that convinced. “He’s… dead?” the meowth asked hesitantly, seemingly unsure if the terrible dragon was in fact gone. “You’re sure, he’s dead?” Vale looked to Sahara for an answer, but it seemed Smith would be the one to answer first.

"I suppose yer forgot that one little detail, eh?" he roared, furious, causing Vale to jump back a couple of steps. "That someone was actually in there with that Haxorus o' yers? So, yer were gonna just leave her there as a distraction while yer ran away and saved yer own filthy hides? Is that it? Yer bunch of ingrates! This young lass coulda been killed! Yer should be fuckin' ashamed!"

Before Vale could try and diffuse the steel tank's anger, Carl bounded behind him, screaming in their defense. “Hey! She wanted to stay!” he cried, Vale nodded vehemently in agreement. “S’not my fault if she wants to get ‘erself killed! Right, Vale?” Vale could only nod, the sight of the terrifying aggron holding his tongue and feet firmly in place. “Besides, you didn’t ask. Bu-But she’s all good and alive and this whole mess is over! See, it worked out for the best. Gaear's dead! Right, Vale?” Another nod, and a gulp.

"W-We tried convinc-c-cing her to run with us, b-but she refused!" Vale whimpered, his voice cracking at nearly every possible opportunity. "We had to go, o-or else we would've...!" He gave a helpless look to Carl, unsure of whether their savior was now another Gaear. Still, the thought that the dragon was gone gave him an odd, bitter taste in his mouth. It seemed too good to be true...

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Survival Area/Midnight (7)

Just as he'd suspected, Carl and Vale threw in as many excuses as they could think of, saying that the Arcanine had actually chosen to stay with that beast. Smith growled, raised his tail and slammed it into the ground, leaving a fairly deep trench in its wake. "Yer call that an excuse?! If it were me I'd have dragged her outta there by her ears rather than leave her alone with a murderer. Yer dumbasses!" Done with those cowards for the time being, Smith turned his bulk around to face the newcomer. There was blood matting the fur on her side, possibly indicating a wound. He listened as the Arcanine told them how she had killed the demonic dragon, and Smith couldn't help but feel admiration for the Fire-type for taking down a Pokemon that was - apparently - an absolute terror. "Well..." Stealing a glance over at the burning rubble of the Pokemon Centre, he was able to complete his sentence. "Well done, lass."

"Here..."
    he added after a moment, taking a look at the blood on her side. "Let's go see if we can find yer some berries for that wound. If I remember there's some water 'round here somewhere as well. I can help yer to wash it, if yer like?" Casting a short glare at the small Pokemon behind him, Smith placed a hand on the Arcanine's neck and began to guide her eastwards, away from the Survival Area. "What's yer name, lass? They call me Smith."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:58 am

Survival Area | Midnight (18)

Carl and Vale spit out as many excuses and stutters as they could, in an attempt to rationalize abandoning her. But there was nothing gallant about it, and Smith certainly didn't seem pleased, "Yer call that an excuse?! If it were me I'd have dragged her outta there by her ears rather than leave her alone with a murderer. Yer dumbasses!"
    Man, it was a complete shame Sahara had made a deal with the devil -- Err, dragon. Within some depth of her soul, she actually liked this Smith guy. "Well... Well done, lass."

Words absolutely weren't coming to the Fire-Type. Maybe she had been in solitude for too long, or she just didn't remember how to accept a compliment, as she remained as silent as the stars. "Here... Let's go see if we can find yer some berries for that wound. If I remember there's some water 'round here somewhere as well. I can help yer to wash it, if yer like?" The Steel-Type placed a hand on her neck and led her away from the group. She followed on aching paws, but at least she could clean herself up and not risk infection. Her mood swings were bad enough without the added craziness. "What's yer name, lass? They call me Smith."

"Sahara.", she quietly said as she padded beside him. At any rate, the last thing she could do was let the group get separated. "Are you coming? You could probably use a bath as well.", she offered with a glance back. She didn't have a plan B, hopefully everything would go smoothly. If not...
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 am

Survival Area || Midnight [19][13]

"W-We tried convinc-c-cing her to run with us, b-but she refused! We had to go, o-or else we would've...!"

Thank Arceus Vale was here. Carl could’ve kissed him, so grateful for the grass-type’s consistent ability to back him up. On his own, he would’ve lost his nerve by now. Seeing Sahara emerge the victor of a fight with the devil himself and her blossoming alliance with what was essentially still a stranger, Carl wasn’t in the greatest situation. But thanks to the Bayleef he cowered aside, he was thankfully, not alone. Flashing his companion an awkward, lopsided smile of appreciation, thankfully, Smith seemed to move on despite a short scolding.

"What's yer name, lass? They call me Smith."

Carl was genuinely shocked at how open the Arcanine was about the hardened Aggron, yet soon dismissed whatever jealousy for her affections he may once have harboured. He could do better than a feisty fire-mutt – but still, he owed her big time. In fact, as reality dawned on the scruffy feline, joy overwhelmed his demeanour. Staring over to the collapsed, burning building that was Gaear’s final resting place, Carl gave an excited cry of joy. It was over. Gaear was dead. Everything was going to be fucking brilliant from here on out. Carl was free!
    “We did it, Vale!” He cried cheerfully, the earlier fear lost from his tone as an incredible ecstasy overwhelmed him. “We fucking made it!”

He was practically bounding over the place now, nudging the grass-type affectionately before tossing a wide, naturally sleazy grin to the canine truly responsible for the achievement.
    “I fucking owe you one, sweetheart! Anything you want – you just name it!” He trotted over to her side, examining the blood smearing her fur. His smirk only widened at the realization it must’ve belonged to Gaear’s. In total awe of the canine, ensuring to keep out of Smith’s grasp, Carl looked as if he’d been given the moon. Such joy was rare in a world as bleak as this and yet for the Meowth, his nightmare was finally over.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:36 am

Post 16

Survival Area| Midnight

"Yer call that an excuse?! If it were me I'd have dragged her outta there by her ears rather than leave her alone with a murderer. Yer dumbasses!" The aggron's rage made Vale flinch back, the bayleef only wanting to quell the beast's anger. "B-But it's true...!" Vale whimpered, eyes going to Sahara for her words. She had to agree-- she'd done it herself! If she could dispell the aggron's anger, all would be well... but she said nothing.

A stab of betrayal caught him, the bayleef's eyes narrowing a little as Sahara merely began to walk off. She just... She didn't defend them? When they were telling the truth? Why? Why would she do that? Smith turned away from them, busying himself with a conversation with the arcanine. While Vale felt stung, Carl, however, was overjoyed.

“We did it, Vale!” the meowth cheered, coming out from behind him to celebrate. “We fucking made it!” Vale offered a smile and nod, happy at least that some good news had come. "Y-Yeah," Vale replied, his tone dramatically less enthused than the overjoyed meowth. As Carl offered his thanks and favor, the bayleef couldn't help but look down at the soil, a helpless wave washing over him. What did it mean? Was it just Sahara's normal apathy or... did she mean to not affirm what had happened? If Smith were a more agressive pokemon, there was no doubt in Vale's mind that they would be running from him, too. Still, she'd beaten Gaear...

"...Yeah..." Vale began, his tone a sheepish whisper. "Th-Thank you, Miss Sahara... I'm sorry... we couldn't be of m-much more help."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:49 pm

Survival Area/Midnight (8)

"Sahara," the female replied quietly as she padded along beside him. Smith, his hand still holding a soft grip on her neck as he guided her along, reckoned that the girl was simply a little shaken and no doubt tired from her battle, so simply shrugged off her odd demeanor and continued to walk slowly alongside her, his heavy footfalls leaving trenches in the dirt behind him.

Meanwhile, Carl was practically pissing himself with happiness as he danced along, cheering to Vale about how they'd "made it" and how he now owed Sahara a favour. While it did warm his heart a little to see the Meowth so happy, he couldn't help but turn his head and hold out his free arm, gesturing for the two excited youngsters to calm down. "I don't mind the fact that yer excited an' all that, but let the lass have a rest, a drink and a moment of calm first, eh? She's probably been through a lot. Let her be for a bit."

((OOOONE THOUSAND ONE NIGHTS UNSEEEEEEEEEEEN! XD))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:00 am

Survival Area | Midnight (19)

“We did it, Vale! We fucking made it!”
    "Y-Yeah,"

We? Though the latter seemed less enthusiastic, the point remained that Sahara successfully convinced the group of Gaear's death. It was easier than she thought it would be, things were actually going quite well for the Arcanine. “I fucking owe you one, sweetheart! Anything you want – you just name it!”, Carl appeared at her side with a grin. Without slowing her pace, she looked to the smaller creature with a hint of a devious smile, "No need. The guy wasn't exactly on my favored list." She was at least being honest. Partnership or not, she still didn't like Gaear...

"...Yeah... Th-Thank you, Miss Sahara... I'm sorry... we couldn't be of m-much more help." She barely heard Vale's quiet thanks, her eyes fixed on the darkness forward. "It's fine."
    "I don't mind the fact that yer excited an' all that, but let the lass have a rest, a drink and a moment of calm first, eh? She's probably been through a lot. Let her be for a bit." Sahara was certainly not a talkative Pokémon, she was obliged to the suggestion.
    She wondered where exactly the said water was though. The blood staining her fur was kind of nasty. It had been a long, strange day; Hopefully they could find a decent place to hide out for the night and maybe even catch a little sleep before the sun rose.

((OoC - Rushed post.))

Last edited by NightDaze on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:19 am

Survival Area || Midnight [20][14]

"No need. The guy wasn't exactly on my favored list."

Carl’s grin spread even wider at her nonchalant response, pleased not only that Gaear was gone but also that he wasn’t indebted to her. She brushed it off like it was nothing – perfect, the Meowth wasn’t about to follow-through any promises anyway. Still, it begged the question as to what now. He was free. He could do whatever the fuck he wanted, no obligations to anyone to hold him back from achieving his all. Then again, what was there to do in a world overrun with flesh-eating monsters? On reflection, it was a sight lot better to remain within a group – at least for the time being.

"I don't mind the fact that yer excited an' all that, but let the lass have a rest, a drink and a moment of calm first, eh? She's probably been through a lot. Let her be for a bit."

Not looking for an argument, knowing that Smith was right and powerful were he to suddenly snap, Carl gave a nod of his head, slowing his pace to walk behind the Arcanine. Smiling to himself, his spirits effectively elevated to be skimming the moon’s surface, the bedraggled feline thought rest, drink and food weren’t a bad idea.

---

Gaear had been on the move.

A shadow, the dragon had silently slipped past the burning remains of the building, stalking through the foliage as the night cloaked his bloodstained form. He could smell them a mile off, see them still conversing in the distance. Each footfall brought him closer – but he wasn’t going to attack. He needed to communicate. Gaear, although patient, was eager to test the strength of his alliance with Sahara. He wasn’t relying on her loyalty, but there seemed to be a genuine desire to kill in her persona that persuaded him otherwise. Maybe this could work out well after all.

Moving ahead of the group, unseen, Gaear soon came across a brook and an unsuspecting Skitty. Perfect. A well-aimed slash to the unsuspecting feline’s throat enable a quick and silent death, the creature bleeding profusely as its life drained away with each frenzied twitch.
    “Hush,” Gaear soothed callously, constantly looking up for any signs of company. When the feline fell limp, the dragon carved a rough ‘A’ shape in its stomach with a single claw – a sign to who was the first victim. A for Aggron.

Tossing the creature into the water, the stream slowly turning red as the pungent blood overwhelmed the dragon’s own scent, Gaear withdrew into the surrounding foliage. Moving a good distance from the sight, covering his tracks with the regular sweeping motion of his tail, the Haxorus lurked in the surroundings. There was no telling whether his partner-in-crime would see the message, nor what reaction her companions would have to such an unusual mark, but it was only the first of many obstacles Sahara would learn to overcome.

Virtually imperceptible, Gaear watched from afar.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:26 am

((Tried coming up with something, but I'm sorry, I need to skip. ;n; I'm so sorry for holding the team up.))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 pm