Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+5
Snitch
renegade
Abysswalker
Min
Silverishness
9 posters

(ACE) The PYRITE Team

Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The PYRITE Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The PYRITE Team

Post by Min Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Pyrite Town| |Sunrise

"No. I'm from Unova." Rukh nodded. "Unova... I've heard great things about that region--especially the big cities," he hummed in delight, tapping a sole talon in thought. "Nim... Nimkasa? Nimba? Well Nim-whatever-it-was-called, I heard the subways were great fun, and the gym a whole show of neon lights and roller coasters," he had grinned, before turning to the Vibrava who spoke. "Gems?" The steel bird seems to almost light up, his eyes gleaming as he spoke. "Yes, gems! My trainer, teammates, and I used to go hunting for precious stones all the time. We would look high and low in caves for the rocks that shined the most, sometimes spending days looking for a specific stone... There are a couple that we were trying to find before the Epidemic, but due to well... The state of the world, we never got to discover them,"

"It's funny... I used to hate crawling around caves trying to find a rock, but now I miss doing it..." his expression slowly morphed into a sad smile. "I know the place Rukh, I've been there a few times. Though Hoenn isn't exactly close to here if you are looking to get back. Why did you want to ask?" Relocating his attention to the human, he hesitated before answering him. "Well... My trainer's...dead body is there," he mumbled. "And I suspect that some of my lost team mates are still in those caves as well,"

"I don't think I'll be taking a trip back to Hoenn anytime soon though," Rukh shrugs. "Other than the Falls, there's not much else there is to make peace with there... Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if Meteor Falls had already collapsed in on itself, and it would be a waste to go only to find it in ruins." he was listless for a moment, staring off into space before smiling. "Besides, I like it much better here. I enjoy spending time with the Pokemon here,"

[OOC: Oh my god Rukh stop talking you're taking up like, 90% of the post. >:u ]
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:58 am

Pyrite Town|Sunrise (12)

To Doug's surprise, Rukh did remember Unova, specifically Nimbasa City. His mind became filled with memories of seeing his human play concerts there, and remembered the city being very lively for entertainment. When the Skarmory finished his story, Doug spoke up. "Ah yes, Nimbasa. My human played some shows there when I was with him..." His voice sort of trailed off as he remembers his bittersweet life. He floated closer to the ground as he continued.

"My life has mixed feelings. My mother vanished before I was born, so my dad took care of me. I wandered off one day and was captured by a musician named Robert. He raised me for most of my life, and then released me back into the wild to be with my dad. He then told me that he found my mom and introduced me to her for the first time in my life. And then..." Doug paused. He sunk so low that he was practically touching the ground.

"T-Then they gave their lives to protect me..." The Shuppet spaced out for a moment, remembering the day his parents died. An undead Mightyena took their lives, and Doug took the undead's life in revenge. "Sorry if you found my story boring and stuff..." He said.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Pyrite Town|Early Morning
    P(42)/D(12)

"...Someone like you wouldn't understand."

What? The hell was that supposed to mean, 'someone like her?' "...Just know that I'm... not as lucky as you." Phoenix struggled to contain the urge to beat the shit out of Asche for that backhanded explanation. Who the hell did he think he was talking to? Did he really think just because she was raised by a breeder she had been pampered her whole life? That she didn't know pain. When he turned to look at her it was obvious that he was trying to end the discussion, bringing up their hunt, but Phoenix was not going to have it. "No. We aren't doing shit until you sit there and listen brat."

Stalking forward the fox gave the Absol a stern glare, willing him to sit if it were possible. "Lucky huh? Is that really what you think? After what I have lost and what I have been through you dare call me lucky?" Her words were low and threatening, the only thing holder back her fiery rage was the fact that she didn't hate the kid whose bubble she was about to burst. "Asche...listen to me and listen well. You are not the only one who has felt pain by humans. Cipher ruined my life. Until this morning I thought Dean was dead. Hell, I saw him shot in the heart myself. They destroyed our home, killed Dean's Pokemon and stole the ones they didn't. They burnt everything to the ground when they were done. Erebos, my...my..."

Thinking of her mate caused a clenching in her heart that gave the Ninetales pause, forcing the sharp pain to dull. Looking at the ground she realized she couldn't tell Asche and look him in the eye, too afraid to see the all too real possibility of him thinking less of her. "My mate and I chased them all the way here because they stole not only our lives and our Breeder but...Asche...they took my son. My only kit. We settled here and started our gang because Cipher was really active in this town, but we never found him. I...I hate them. I hate all of them....Whenever I think of what they did I just want to tear their throats open and watch their blood paint the ground." Her teeth were gnashing by the end, the volatile female struggling to hold back her anger and pain so that she didn't unleash it upon the young man in front of her. With a heavy sigh she forced herself once again into a calm, but the fury still swirling just beneath the surface. "But..."

"Not all of them are the same Asche."

Dean's heart was breaking at everyone's sad tales, and he felt a little grateful for them sharing. Scratching little Kylie gently on the head he smiled before he pushed down on his knees and forced himself to his feet, stretching out his back until a soft pop was heard. Sighing happily at the relief flooding the area that had just loosened the blonde haired male absentmindedly scratched at the scarring bullet wound just above his heart, shirt drooping slightly to reveal a bit of the jagged flesh underneath. A sad look passed over his face as he thought about that day, not really sure if he should bring the others any further down with his past. If they asked he would tell but for now it was probably better to just let it be.

"Hey guys," he began, "I'm going to bring it up when Phoenix gets back but I don't think we should stay here any longer. I was going to suggest we head north towards Agate, but if anyone else has a suggestion as to where to go?" He smiled at the little group and tried to lighten the situation. He began to take a look around, wondering what kind of things they should take with them, and listened for anyone's suggestion. He knew Phoenix would probably object but if she hadn't found any more of their family here then the best bet would be to look elsewhere for a while. Who knew, maybe they would run into some of his Pokemon if they headed closer to home. His ranch wasn't far from Agate.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:27 am

Post 44

Pyrite Town| Early Morning

"No. We aren't doing shit until you sit there and listen brat."

Asche should have known that Phoenix wasn't going to leave it at that...

During her angry rant, he could only hang his head, staring at the ground. She spoke of a pretty rough past, her family essentially being ripped apart by humans. He didn't know she had a mate or even a son -it was somewhat terrifying knowing she was a mother- but he was unable and unwilling to interrupt her.

She paused, and he chanced a look to see her own head hanging. With what, the blue absol wasn't really sure, but it didn't matter. She was hurt by pouring all of this out, but... Asche couldn't shake the hate he had. Even if Dean was a fucking saint, he knew he could never trust him. It was always the nice ones that had hurt the most, promising the world and moon and then selling him off in a week. What she didn't understand was while she'd had her home, her family stolen away from her, he'd never had one in the first place to call his own. He was an orphan, a nomad, a collection item, but never a brother or son. And... seeing her reunite so beautifully with her human had only reminded him of what he'd never tasted. He'd only had Jake... and he was likely dead now.

Of course, he completely lacked the eloquence and intelligence to convey this without fucking it up and he knew it. So when Phoenix finally came to her close, he could only nod. Without even the words to rightfully respond, he only managed to choke out a soft, "...Ok."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Pyrite Town| |Early Morning

"That is pretty badass! I am sorry to hear about your human, but they sound like they were pretty fantastic. Must have had a lot of money, if they found so many sparkling rocks." The metal bird paused in thought for a moment, before nodding his head in confirmation. "He was a wealthy man, as his father was the president of a large company... The Devon Corporation was it? It was known to be Hoenn's equivalent to Kanto's Silph Co." He stopped, before narrowing his eyes in deep thought. "Never went to the main office often, but I think they made Pokeballs and the Pokenav thing that they gave to trainers. I heard they were trying to make a machine that allowed humans to look into Pokemon's dreams, too."

The Skarmory fell silent as the Shuppet began to speak, quietly listening to the ghost's words. "T-Then they gave their lives to protect me... Sorry if you found my story boring and stuff..." Rukh tried to muster some sort of warm smile. "That wasn't boring at all... I'm sorry for your loss," the smile slowly fading, he turned to stare into space. "Looks like we've all lost something to this world," he murmured. It wasn't long before the look on his face brightened. After all, he couldn't stand to keep such a nice morning down. "Well, I suppose similarities makes our bonds tighter, eh?" he chuckled.

"Hey guys," Turning to the direction of the now-standing human, Rukh shuffled into a more comfortable position. "I'm going to bring it up when Phoenix gets back but I don't think we should stay here any longer. I was going to suggest we head north towards Agate, but if anyone else has a suggestion as to where to go?" "Agate sounds like a good idea... It's the greenest place in Orre. But if we're going to travel through the desert, it might be a good idea to find bottles to store any water we have in. Don't want to get dehydrated in the middle of our trip, after all,"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:50 am

(Skip. I honestly can't really think of anything for Doug to do, so just say he smiled at Rukh's comment, and said since he wasn't familiar with the region he was fine with going wherever.)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Pyrite Town|Early Morning
    P(43)/D(13)

Phoenix sighed sadly at the pitiful acceptance Asche showed, knowing that it wasn't what he truly felt. His refusal to open up was really starting to bother the Ninetales, a strange concern for his well-being beginning to surface. Even Nikki hadn't been that helpless...Asche just looked utterly defeated. "Hey, come on kid," she offered gently, nudging the Absol with one shoulder. "Buck up. We still have a whole group to feed don't we?" At this point continuing the conversation would only sour their odd relationship so Phoenix figured going with Asche's original plan to avoid it the best solution.

"Let's get going kiddo."

"Agate sounds like a good idea... It's the greenest place in Orre. But if we're going to travel through the desert, it might be a good idea to find bottles to store any water we have in. Don't want to get dehydrated in the middle of our trip, after all."

Dean smiled as the Skarmory agreed with the idea, little Doug mentioning that he wasn't familiar enough with the region to make a choice. "Don't worry Doug," Dean told the Shuppet. "I have lived here most of my life so I can get us there pretty quick." Turning to Rukh the blonde-haired man held up the small satchel usually hiding under his coat. "I have a couple bottles of water but if we find any more I can carry them. I've hauled much heavier across this desert before."

Little Kylie was oddly quiet so Dean went to go check on everyone's favorite little Vibrava. After all, he wanted everyone to agree to moving before they did. If anyone had things to do still in the city it wouldn't be fair to just ditch them there. "What would you like to do Kylie?" They still had to wait for Phoenix and Asche to get back so there was plenty of time to hear the little bug out.

((Sil, since I want to give Asche a chance to respond before moving into the hunt I will let you start it. I don't know exactly how you want him to react. ^_^))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:28 pm

Post 45

Pyrite Town| Early Morning

While Asche was too preoccupied with his running mind, he didn't notice Phoenix come near. "Hey, come on kid," she began, her nudge to his shoulders startling him a bit. "Buck up. We still have a whole group to feed don't we?" His golden gaze turned upward, still bright with moisture. She was... stopping? He wasn't sure what her restraint meant, but he was all too glad for the terrible subject to come to an end. He nodded, swallowing the lump in his throat that had begun to form with his thoughts of Jake. "Let's get going kiddo."

Another nod, this one more firm, and he trotted out to the city, tail and head a little higher. He paused in Duel Square, looking around the area, then turned back to Phoenix. "...Where do we begin?" He cleared his throat, wanting his voice to not sound like a whimpering pup anymore. "Should we split up or hunt toge--" His eyes widened as a nice, fat pidgeotto landed on a rooftop past Phoenix's head, enjoying the rising sun. Instinctively, he shot an Ice Beam directly at it, freezing it on impact. The beam went just past the ninetales' head, and without thinking of what almost just happened, he bolted forward as the frozen bird fell to the sand.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 pm

[OOC: Skip. ;w; Got back from school a few hours ago and already swamped with homework. VwV;; ]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:40 am

(Skip me, please.)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:31 pm

((skipping Dean since everyone with him missed last round))
    Pyrite Town|Morning
    P(44)/D(13)

"...Where do we begin? Should we split up or hunt toge--"

Phoenix was impressed, though at first confused, by the sudden burst of ice soaring over her head. She barely had enough time to move the slight couple inches down to avoid getting her ear frozen solid but when she heard the heavy thud of something hitting the sand she turned to see a nice and plump bird laying on the ground encased in ice. "Nice shot..." she complimented, nodding her head in approval. "You got some skills when you want 'em, don't ya?" She trotted over to were the bird had fallen and let out a low whistle. "It didn't even have time to blink."

Not one to be outdone the Ninetales looked around carefully before spotting one of her favorite treats lurking around one of the buildings. A ditzy Spinda. Licking her chops the female crouched down low, tails swishing side to side in anticipation before she suddenly lunged, claws scraping across the metal 'road' of the square as she charged her prey. Upon seeing her target she summoned her Extrasensory to trap it in place before her fangs found its neck. Her full weight pressed down on the smaller body and she felt the bones under her fangs snap and crunch with gleeful satisfaction.

Trotting back over to Asche she plopped down her little bear next to his bird and gave him a bloody smile. "Couple more like this and we can head back before breakfast is even over!" Why couldn't hunting always be this easy?
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:02 am

Post 46

Pyrite Town| Morning

"Nice shot..." Asche heard Phoenix comment, his head turning to her with a broad grin on his face, happy he'd finally done something right. "You got some skills when you want 'em, don't ya?" His grin grew, and his tail began to wag as she came closer to more efficiently inspect his kill. "It didn't even have time to blink."

He chuckled, spirits already lifting from the terrible argument they'd just had, happy that things were seemingly returning to normal. It made sense that Phoe would need a little bit of killing to put her back into a better mood. "Thanks!" he replied, looking around for more prey. Phoenix spotted her own prey first, though, in the form of a bumbling spinda.

Asche couldn't deny that he didn't like watching her tear into the thing, his own personal vendetta against the frustrating species blocking any sort of sympathy for the thing. She lunged, first stopping the pokemon with a psychic attack, then using that small window to latch onto its neck and snap it with the rest of her weight. He watched, entranced as she so elegantly killed it, soon trotting back with its corpse in her jaws and dropping it onto his frozen bird. "Couple more like this and we can head back before breakfast is even over!"

"Yeah!" Asche exclaimed, butt soon wagging with his tail, unaware of how puppy-ish he looked. "At least it's not a smeargle, right?" he chuckled, flashing his teeth in a wide grin. Eyes open for more movement, he trotted away a little, more toward the town entrance when he paused, a nice fat grumpig scouring for trash. He turned back to Phoe, knowing that with his immense success with the bird, he was bound to fuck this one up alone. "Psst, Phoe!" he whispered, crouching behind a trashcan. He nodded to the grumpig, who was innocently snorting and sniffing about a few yards ahead of him. They'd need to act together to bring down this pice of bacon.

((Phoe, you're free to manipulate Asche as you deem fit for the hunt. : ) He'd do whatever Phoe told him to do, just so yuou know XD))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Mandibuzz
    Mandibuzz
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Mandibuzz Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Mandibuzz had been flying over Orre ever since separating from her beloved Master, searching for her brethren. Master had ordered her to find them, to bring them together under his throne of blood once more, and she was not going to fail him. But it seemed that so few of them remained in the land of their creation...

Circling over Pyrite City the Bone Vulture Pokemon let out an eerie shriek, trying to scare out anything that she could take for a snack or even just for sport. The long blue tail of her last victim, still soaked in the blood of its former bearer, fluttered in the breeze, making an almost train behind her as she descended. Mandibuzz maneuvered between the buildings and passed one that appeared to have been lit aflame on the outside, a bloody mess at the base of it.

Landing in that spot with a loud click of her talons she inspected the pile of scorched and molten flesh, noting that whatever it was it hadn't been done by one of theirs. Something alive made this mess. A feral grin spread across her half face and she let out a throaty chuckle, the movement making her bone and arm skirt rattle. 'I am going to find you!

Another bone chilling shriek filled the air, the vulture once again fishing out her prey, and a sadistic cackle followed. Glowing red eyes glanced around the city streets until a familiar scent caught her attention. One that she had thought long since gone. 'It cannot be...' Following the scent and sounds Mandibuzz found her way to a small little window, and sitting in said window was a sad little Shuppet. Grinning she stalked over to the tiny glass panels and got a sick pleasure out of watching the tiny thing panic, seeming to try and warn something within. 'The human!'

Not bothering to lure the tiny thing out she instead cried out in glee before she crashed in with a Brave Bird, knocking most of the wall in with her. Inside she saw a Skarmory, the Shuppet, a small Vibrava, and...a human male. "Well well...what have we here?" Grinning madly she began snapping her beak at anything that moved, forcing her body into the small space and unleashing an Air Slash. Everything in the room practically exploded from the force of her attack spreading shelves and boxed all over the floor, shattering glass and packages, and ripping nearly every pillow into shreds.

Feathers whirled through the air and momentarily blinded the vulture and she screeched in indignation, snapping her beak again and again until finally something caught. It was small, wriggly, so it wasn't the bird or human. As she looked down to eye her prize she saw the wispy form of the Shuppet hanging limply from within her mouth. Laughing she shook her head back and forth until his little puppet body shredded as the pillows had before dropping him, unleashing a wicked Dark Pulse and sending the ghost into oblivion. While it hadn't been a bloody kill it had been damn entertaining and she was satisfied with it.

Cackling like a banshee she looked to the human and stalked over to him, leaning down over his prone form. "You...you are an...interesting find. Master shall be pleased." Leaving them with one last parting gift she unleashed another Dark Pulse, pushing everything in the room to crash into the far walls. Hopping up to the massive hole she put into the side of the building Mandibuzz craned her neck behind her and gave a sadistic smile to the human. "Careful I don't add you to my collection boy!" she said through her laugh, unfurling her tattered and molting wings and taking to the skies.

"Until we meet again!"

Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Pyrite Town| |Early Morning

As the steel bird waited quietly for the Ninetales and Absol to return, before snapping his head towards the window, expression stern as he listened. A shriek, ear-piercing as it drew closer. "What was that?" he mumbled, and drew closer only to stumble back in surprise as a Vulture crashed into the room. "Well well...what have we here?" He hops back away from the Mandibuzz's snapping beak, bracing himself as the undead unleashed her attack. Rukh hissed in retaliation. "The fuck do you want?"

The Skarmory screeched and violently shook his head as the feathers filled the room, cringing at the dominating, sickening smell of the vulture. He narrows his eyes to see through the cloud of fluffy white, catching glimpses of the Mandiuzz tearing the Shuppet apart. "Doug!" he shrieks, the metal bird using his wings to clear away the feathers before him. Rukh moved to attack, but stopped in growing fear that he would hit one of the others, but stood his ground as the large avian approached Dean. "You...you are an...interesting find. Master shall be pleased." "Get away from him, filth," he growled.

In only a few seconds a massive Dark Pulse had thrown him back to the corner of the room, his body emitting a metallic clang as it hit the wall. He silently writhed with pain, cracking open an eye only to watch the harbinger escaping. "Until we meet again!" Rukh screeched. "GET BACK HERE!" he snarled, wincing at the pain as he got back up. "You won't just kill a friend and get away with it!" he dashed forward, only to collapse, using his beak to drag his battered body forward. "Motherfucker..."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Pyrite Town|Morning
    P(45)/D(14)

"At least it's not a smeargle, right?" Phoenix couldn't help but bust out laughing, reminded of the irritating nuisance she had to deal with upon their early meeting. She had frightened much of the group with her ferocious disposal of the idiot but in the end the ones who remained were more like the family she had before all of this started. If only she could get Dean and Asche to get along... "Psst, Phoe!" Drawn from her inner musings she looked over to where the blue Absol was eying and spotted the Grumpig, a feral smile growing on her face. Oh, this would be fun.

"Okay Asche, here's the plan..." she whispered, ducked down low next to him. "Whatever dark moves you have tucked away we are going to need. First I want you to go left and come up on the flank, I will distract it so wait for me to get its attention before you move." She motioned towards a pile of crates with her head and kept her eye on the Grumpig. "I am going to block its way with those and I need you to trick it into attacking, I will get in the way and get hit so my Payback is most effective and we'll kill the plump morsel. Got it?"

Without really waiting for confirmation she jumped into it ready to go, firing and Energy Ball and knocking the crates to the ground around the pig. She moved in for the strike and fired another Energy Ball as she waited for Asche to take his cue. The Grumpig was panicked and trying to get away so she would need him to cut off the only escape route it had left.

Dean was horrified. Everything seemed to go to hell and it all started with a giant rotting vulture bursting into the basement and eating the small Shuppet. But the way it looked at him...Dean was certain he was going to have nightmares. He didn't even have time to reach for his Pokeballs before she was in there with them, letting loose attack after attack and sending him flying into the pile of now shredded pillows. His body couldn't take the assault and before he knew it his Zebstrika had come out of his own accord and started absorbing the damage for him.

She ignored his beast and he could see her one good eye boring into him. But when she mentioned her 'collection' his eyes were drawn to the skirt she wore, all made of human body parts. He couldn't stop himself and rolled over to vomit, fear gripping him as he anticipated his death. But...it didn't come. She left, but not without destroying their only shelter before she did. Looking to the others Dean couldn't stop himself from letting tears roll down his cheeks. Yes, he was a grown man, but that was the single most terrifying moment of his life and he had been shot in the chest. "We...we need to find Phoenix and Asche..."

((Sil you and I should notice Mandibuzz leaving that way they haul ass back to the others. ^_^))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:46 am

Post 47

Pyrite Town| Morning

"Okay Asche, here's the plan..." Phoenix began in a whisper, ducking down with him. Damn, this was getting fun. "Whatever dark moves you have tucked away we are going to need. First I want you to go left and come up on the flank, I will distract it so wait for me to get its attention before you move." She motioned with her head to some crates, and Asche nodded, his tail wagging profusely behind him. "I am going to block its way with those and I need you to trick it into attacking, I will get in the way and get hit so my Payback is most effective and we'll kill the plump morsel. Got it?"

"Got it," he confirmed, and not a moment later, the bright ninetales was already springing into action. She fired Energy Balls at the pig, scaring it and causing it to run, cuing Asche for his attack. His long, powerful legs carried him swiftly to his spot, but a crash behind him caused him to pause and turn. It was distant, sure, but it was in the direction of the den... He stared, noticing the smoke already on the sky and a bird flying off. The only bird he knew there was Rukh... Eyes volleying between the stranger flying and the smoke, the hunt was forgotten and he turned back toward the ninetales. "...Phoe!"

((I think I did it right XD PM me if I need to change anything.))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Pyrite Town| |Morning

"We...we need to find Phoenix and Asche..." Rukh nodded. "Right," and with a single, strained heave, he got back onto his feet. His legs were shaking, his metal casing suddenly feeling much heavier than he had ever remembered. Struggling to stay up, the Skarmory slowly walked to the entrance. Pausing, he pulled himself out of the room and into the region's blazing sun. The steel that defended his flesh tingled as the heat seeped in, gritting his beak as he looked around for the familiar figures of the Ninetales and Absol.

The Skarmory began to walk, talons scraping against the filthy ground and dragging along the sand as he traveled through the rusty town. His golden eyes narrowed against the beams of the sun, the bird already panting in the desert temperature. To say that fire was his greatest enemy was an understatement, his metal body building up heat every minute he stayed outside. Rukh was silent, body drooping with fatigue as he struggled to stay standing. He felt... weary.

Perking up when he saw a dark blot a few ways away, the steel-type managed a smile. 'Thank Arceus his pelt stands out like a sore thumb,' He stumbled forward, flailing a wing to catch their attention. "Over here!" he shouts, vocal chords raspy as he tried to strengthen his voice. "Over here! We've been attacked!" he sentence cracked, words dying as he grit his beak. 'And Doug got killed and we're injured and Dean's in a terrible state and Arceus what else am I supposed to say?' His head ached, eye twitching as he tried to bear the pain and damage that still stung like the moment they were inflicted.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Pyrite Town|Late Morning
    P(46)/D(15)

"...Phoe!"

Asche's cry pierced through Phoenix like a thousand hot needles, her world seeming to go in slow motion as she turned to see her home being destroyed by a large Vulture. "NO!" She didn't even hear herself screaming, tears streaming down her face as she raced for the den. She got within attacking distance of the bird when it suddenly took off, a Dark Pulse destroying her home and leaving her choking in a cloud of smoke. The Ninetales hacked and wheezed, unable to chase or even see in the thick haze until it finally settled, leaving her a clear view of the damage. "No..."

Dean was crawling out of the rubble with Rukh but Kylie was nowhere to be found leaving the human feeling very guilty. "Phoenix dear I'm so sorry." He reached down to pet her, to try and assure her that he was alright, but to his surprise she completely ignored him and leapt into the still smoking hole. She was digging frantically as though she was searching but couldn't find it. "Nonononononono!" That singular word was like a mantra to her as Dean watched her, his heart growing heavier with each wail of despair that followed.

The human male looked down to the Absol that had been with Phoenix and gave him a pleading look. "I think she is looking for Kylie..." He didn't know what Asche could do but he seemed more able to help with the search than himself. He couldn't scent the bug out nor dig through rubble with claws like they could. He was still clutching his side from where the attack had thrown him against a wall, sure that at least a couple ribs were bruised. "I don't know what to do..."

((Hey guys! Since the team is just us I am creating an Undead profile to join the team as a floater and stir up some plot. It is a surprise as to what it is but here is a hint...Phoe wasn't looking for Kylie!))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:17 am

Post 48

Pyrite Town| Morning

"NO!"

Asche had expected her to run, but the pace the ninetales launched herself back toward the den was nearly that of a bright yellow rocket. Try to catch up, Asche bolted after her, his long legs the only saving grace he had when it came to attempting to match her remarkable speed. As the dust cleared, he saw the extent of the damage; the building had been completely laid to waste, razed to the ground. The human and Rukh were emerging slowly from the rubble, but...

"...Kylie?" he asked, if only to the air, as no vibrava emerged. color=#00C78C]"Over here!"[/color] Rukh called. "Over here! We've been attacked!" Frantically, he closed the gap between the destroyed building and himself, joining Phoenix as she desperately dug through pieces of broken cement and dry wall. "I think she is looking for Kylie..." the human began, causing Asche to dig further into the rubble. "I don't know what to do..."

"You either help or you shut the fuck up!" Asche snapped, not wanting to be distracted by the human's whimpering. He glanced down to where the human's arm clutched his side and narrowed his gaze. "And it looks like you're unable to do the first." He went back to the ruins, hopping to another spot to dig. "Kylie!"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Pyrite Town| |Late Morning

"Nonononononono!" the Ninetale's distraught chant had caused the Skarmory to shiver, eyes darting around the surrounding area. Panic had overwhelmed him, feathers shaking in anticipation before he took flight, his battered body creaking in reluctance as he forced himself into the skies. "I-I'll try to see if I can find Kylie around town! I'll scout the area!" wings faltering, Rukh found it increasingly difficult to stay up, eyes drooping with a weary emotion as he began to glide. Inhaling a deep breath to calm himself, he slowly exhaled.

His eyes pierced the area down below, narrowed against the blinding lights. There was always a disadvantage when a steel-type flew in the deserts, his metal casings now even closer to the blazing sun as he rose to new heights. He wondered if it was possible for his body to melt, it certainly felt like it would. "Kylie?!" he calls, forcing his mind back to his objective. Find the Vibrava, find Kylie. He spotted a figure in the distance, and as he lowered to get a closer look, found himself scowling as he found a small infected, wandering into the town. Using a Steel Wing, he beheaded the pitiful thing mid-flight before rising again, still on the search.

"Kylie?! KYLIE?!" he shouts as loud as his tired voice allowed him, almost completing his full circle around the town. Maybe she had been able to flee to another building? Maybe she got out of town? Rukh's mind scrambled to think o places where the Vibrava had gone. She couldn't be dead, she couldn't... "Kylie?! Where are you?!"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Pyrite Town|Late Morning
    P(47)/D(16)

"You either help or you shut the fuck up!"

Dean flinched at the harsh words of the Absol, not sure why he was so angry when it was Dean asking for his help. It seemed the blue male had taken some kind of offense to the innocent pleas and unconsciously his arm tightened around his middle, as though he were trying to protect himself from the feral feline. "And it looks like you're unable to do the first." Another flinch, and this time the human stepped back away from the digging creatures to see Rukh taking to the sky. "I-I'll try to see if I can find Kylie around town! I'll scout the area!"

"Rukh wait!" he cried, but it was too late. Kylie had been right beside them when they were attacked and none of them had seen the Mandibuzz attack her so the chances of finding her in town were pretty much zero. He was just going to tire himself on a hopeless task... Tears bit at his eyes and the blonde struggled to wipe them away with his other arm. He sniffled sadly as Phoenix and Asche kept digging but on second glance the look on the yellow Ninetales wasn't one of worry, it was one of terror. And it wasn't like her to assume someone dead unless she saw it. No, this was something...else.

Phoenix didn't even notice as Asche jumped into the crater that was once her home to help her dig. If she had she would have pushed him away, or beat him until he ran away of his own accord. She couldn't let him find it, she couldn't let anyone know. Her paws bled she scraped against the debris so fiercely, feet and legs aching from the rock and metal she kept having to shove out of her way. But she had to find it. She had to...

At last one last shove of debris saw her standing on top of a crumbled section of wall, a long since dried stain of blood forming two joined circles painting the brick. "No..." she was too late. Her terrible secret was loose now and she didn't think she would be able to contain it this time. Looking to the others, eyes wide with fear, Phoenix was forced to face the reality that she had just unleashed hell upon the group.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Pyrite Town| |Late Morning

He pants, the heat affecting his thoughts as he struggled to withstand it. Kylie had to be in the town somewhere...she couldn't have just suddenly vanished, right? They've already lost Doug... "Arceusdamnit." he cursed, feelings his wings beginning to give way. If only he had been stronger, then maybe he could've stood up to that Mandibuzz... Rukh grunts, seeing the rubble of Phoe's shelter and the others, and being unable to stay in the air any longer, he made a quick descent.

His talons clicks and squeaks as he lands, shaking his body a bit before looking to the ground. "I couldn't see her anywhere outside around the town...maybe she just fled into a building?" he mumbles, his gaze drifting over to where the two others dug. He perks up as Phoenix turns to look at them, with eyes wide with fear. The Skarmory felt unnerved, pausing to calm himself before he asked; "W-What's wrong?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm

((Skip, I can't think of anything. Once Erebos is approved he will come here first which is what Phoenix's post have been forshadowing. Once he is trolling we will have something to work with))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:37 am

Post 49

Pyrite Town| Morning

Nothing. He was finding absolutely nothing underneath the rubble, the concrete chunks of ruin uselessly falling either to the side of his small hole or into. His paws ached, even bled a little, but he couldn't stop. Not until he found Kylie... the poor little vibrava... Rukh had gone to search for her, but he landed soon after, cursing. "I couldn't see her anywhere outside around the town...maybe she just fled into a building?" Asche shook his head at the theory. No-- she would have come out once she saw it was safe-- once she saw Phoenix and him. She wouldn't still be hiding... He simply kept digging instead of voicing his fears, but paused at Rukh's now considerably more fearful voice. "W-What's wrong?"

Asche turned to look at Phoenix, whose eyes instilled their fear into the absol's. He never even thought her capable of such powerful terror, and the fact that she wore that expression was enough to put him on edge. Glancing around, he drew a little closer to the bright ninetales, heart pounding in his ears. "...Phoe...?" he asked slowly, softly, as if any more would break the terrified fox. He glanced to her gaze, following it to see blood painted on a wall, but old blood... and that the blood made a sort of symbol. It wasn't one he recognized, but judging from everything at hand, this was what was making her so frightened. "...Phoe, what is that...?" he whispered, staring at the bloody circles.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:33 pm