Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+17
Moon Moon
Dandelion
RhysandNight
Starbits
Jay
Zapdos
Mew
SkeletonCupcake
Mewtwo
Nightfall
Silverishness
renegade
Min
Drago
Lugia
Negative10
Suicune
21 posters

Complaints

Anonymous

Complaints - Page 2 Empty Re: Complaints

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:44 am

I'm not sure if this is the right place to mention this, but I just wanted to say that the characters on my profile are a bit inaccurate. Shinra(my Eevee) isn't listed under my living characters and Deimos is undead, not living.
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:38 pm

fixed.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Thank you, Suicune c:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Little mistake here-
    Fuego is inactive, yet he is still on my tickets and in the living profiles. I've asked before to move him to inactive, but...
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:30 pm

I noticed that you requested it on his profile haha. owo You're to message a Safehouse mod about deactivation of one of your characters~
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:41 am

Ohhhh...
    I'm an idiot. xD
    Thank you!
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:13 am

I see you sometimes say 'This is not canon' or something like that on profile threads. How exactly are we supposed to know what's canon? You don't have a clear list that explains what is canon and what isn't, and you expect us to automatically know. Some of us don't...

EDIT: I HAS MORE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.
    As I said on the Fakemon suggestion thread:
    Neoven8tr wrote:To be honest, I don't think it's fair that only artists can submit Fakemon. It kinda puts Silverishness on a monopoly here.
    While we can put up the idea, unless it's a really good idea, it probably will just sit there. Creating something you made is more fun than creating something someone else made a template for.
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:28 am

Whatever is in the core games (that being the most recent gen, Gen 5 for movesets and the two Orre Games)is Canon. It says in the rules that we rely heavily on the game canon, since the anime is too contraditory, so I'm not sure where the ambiguity is coming from.

And any three of our main artists, being Silverishness, Anathema or Winter are allowed to submit fakemon for approval. And, really, we only want the really good ideas. It's kind of the point. Silverishness is simply quicker at pumping out the fakemon, but all three are working on their own ideas. She does not have a monopoly. Especially since all four admins have to approve. That's four different sets of eyes making sure that it fits.

Sorry, but we'll remain having only official site artists submit fakemon for now. You'll just need to submit your ideas to the suggestion thread, like you have already.

Complaints - Page 2 Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:40 am

Lugia wrote:And any three of our main artists, being Silverishness, Anathema or Winter are allowed to submit fakemon for approval.

Um, aren't the three main artists Sil, Ana, and Eventide? Winter isn't even a official site artist at all...? owo;;
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:35 am

I agree with Lugia.
    Venom dripping from a Tyranitars 'holes' because some past experience with a pokemon that attacked it with that previously hardly makes any sense.
    Those 'holes' would have no reason to leak anything, nor do I think a move would have an affect like that.
    But if anyone has new ideas, they are open to submit anything they wish. It is up to the discretion of the admins to make sure it fits well enough into our universe or not.

As for the fakemon, yes, many people have voiced their concerns.
    While we are focused on everyone enjoying themselves, the quality of everything here must and will stay at the highest level possible. That is why we have only the primary artists creating fakes; because they have the experience and skillset to be able to provide high quality pokemon for our users.
    If a pokemon is poor in design, it will not work well in RP as well as potentially lowering the quality of our site, because it is too far from the realm of Pokemon.
    So in a nutshell, if any members' design is good enough, it will be used. We aren't restricting this to just Silverishness. Members are all allowed to offer their ideas- and many of you have plenty of excellent ideas. Our other primaries are making fakes, Silverishness just happened to have alot ready to go, which is good for members, so they won't have to wait long for new creations.

We aren't stopping anyone from creating. The previous way this had been presented was too time-consuming for admins and unfair to the members, since not all of them were artists or had experience as such and it was required that their ideas be presented in a visual fashion.

If anything, this works to members' advantage. Our artists are taking YOUR ideas and making them real. It's a service they do for free here.

@Lute- Winter has been voted in as a primary artist, she just hasn't been officially added yet.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:43 pm

No, no, no. I'm talking about Eeveelutions.
    Did you see how many Eeveelution ideas Sil has up there? Let's list them.
    -Reneon (Ground, WIP)
    -Colosseon (Rock, WIP)
    -Judeon (Fighting, WIP)
    -Phanteon (Ghost)
    -Arachneon (Bug)
    -Aiveon (Flying)
    This leaves Normal (I doubt there will be a good one made), Poison (Immune to infection, probably won't be made), Dragon (Which I believe there SHOULDN'T be an Eeveelution of, it makes it too easy to get a Dragon-type, they should be rare), Steel (but Winter has a steel eeveelution pending), and maybe ???, but that's pretty iffy as in the 5th gen it was taken out. And you said it yourself - first come first serve. Perhaps we'd like other people's ideas instead.
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Duly noted, Neoven.
    Thank you.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:34 am

It's between the artists what goes up. As far as I know, they work out what everyone is submitting. If they already have all the Eeveelutions ready to go, then that's all the better.

Complaints - Page 2 Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:28 am

I have noticed that no one has been doing much on the tickets and points thread, so far it has been 5 days with no one doing any of the requests. This has led to a build up of 2 pages of request, most of 30, 31, and 32 (only one post as of this post) which will then be a lot of work for whoever does do it. I was thinking, as this is slightly annoying, if there is someone who could check daily, or once every two days, and make sure everything is caught up in there? Or hire someone, because it is getting backed up, and it is annoying for those waiting for tickets and points. I apologize if this sounds whiney, but no one has done anything to fill the requests since 5 days ago, and now there is 2 pages of unfilled requests
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:12 pm

Yes, as you know, Mewtwo has been gone.
    It's usually his job to do that.
    We are trying our best to keep up with the tasks.
    there isn't much else we can do until he comes back- we can't hire anyone because it takes an admin to give out points and all the other admins already have their plate full with their own duties here.

I know it's frustrating for everyone, but please have patience.
    He should be back soon.
    I'll try to get to the points thread today if I have time.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:15 pm

OK, that is understandable, thanks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:46 pm

A lot of people I promote EJ to give up when they see the long character form. They have trouble adapting their already-existing characters and don't 100% understand the explanations for it.
    ... I don't know if you can do something about this.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:54 pm

All of my characters are based off of pre-existing characters, and I ususally don't have a problem. Most of it is information on the pokemon itself anyway, like dex number, height, weight, etc. The only real work that comes out of it is the history and user notes... I would just suggest looking over already approved profiles to get the jist of it.

Complaints - Page 2 PCP637Complaints - Page 2 635Complaints - Page 2 196

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:36 pm

If the history is part of the reason those people back out of EJ, I think the best path to take is first examining the character's original history. What are the major points in their past? What events affected that character the most? There really only needs to be a bit of the history included, so just focus on converting those aspects into EJ-versions.
    And remind them that it doesn't have to be done all at once, there's no race ^^ WIP is always a choice if it'll take a while. I find it useful to first type the profile sheet on Wordpad and just work on it from there.
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:55 pm

I agree with what everyone has said.
    The best way to tackle characters is to put time and effort into it.
    Many new members want to jump in right away, but in their excitement, fail to create a decent character, and get discouraged when it isn't approved.
    It is better to take your time and make your character to the best of your abilities, so it gets the attention that it deserves.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:28 pm

I couldn't agree more. I think carefully about my characters and try to make them believable, although I do understand the excitement of creating new ones and wanting to start right away. Such people should know that WIP is there for a reason, and I have started to make use of it myself.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

It was made just a moment ago, Ciana :b Latias just got to it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 am