Epidemic Johto

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team

Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The OLIVINE Team

Post by Dandelion Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:57 pm

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 9 Db6dAr2
The Battle Tower [Foyer] || Midday
Etincelle 161 || Melanie 161

"We don't even know if it'll work yet. Better to find out now than if we need it later." Cinder's argument was sound, and it as enough to make the Electrike feel bad for trying to talk his way out of it. His paws still worked the floor, uneasy, as this device was a completely foreign object to him and a starting point was hard for him to pick. "Come on! Do it for Arry; you know he'll love the experience." He would.. and, he had to admit to himself, he wanted to know what it was like too. Heat came flush to his face, shame washing over him again as he acknowledged attempting to miss out of such an experience because of his own shortcomings.

”I think I can get this open. The knob moves but the door is sealed by rust.” Mathias spoke of a sturdy steel door just to the side. What was behind it? Etincelle could only picture the room he had traveled to in the Battle Arcade, with wires, cameras, electronics, and that large generator that the Luxray had brought to life. Was that what he had to look forward to? Was that what he had to charge for this thing? With a rough swallow he prayed he had enough power within him, but Faux stamped his worries with a sharp, "Leave it." Relief was quick to wash over him, as misguided as it was, and he tried his best not to show his apprehension. "We need to get to the battery, or at least some wiring. The fastest route would be on the ceiling panel of the car itself."

Melanie stepped forward. Let it be an innate sense or a subtle cue but she could feel Etin's nerves and moved in to offer support. Sniffing about the the small space they had filed into she could smell the old, dank blood and grime Cinder had mentioned on the stairway. It was not overpowering or fresh, leading her to believe the fire type was simply being dramatic, but it was still worth noting. Even the heavy steel door gave off a scent of rust. Would the inside be any better? Her curiosity would remain, as after a quick nuzzle Etincelle stepped away from her to approach the elevator door.

"Inside huh?" He said awkwardly, his eyes widening at his own reflection in the intimidating heavy glass walls. His experiences with glass were limited and traumatizing, to say the least. His pink gaze shifted to Mel, the scrapes and scratches along her face and chest were a searing reminder of that day. What if he caused another explosion..? There was no using Dig to get out of this one. Placing a paw against the doors surface he pressed, wondering if the others expected him to open it. "Mathias, could you slide these open?" He asked awkwardly, shuffling back to allow the larger Pokemon more room.
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:00 pm

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 9 250px-304Aron

Battle Tower[Foyer]|Midday

Arry wasn't listening to anything the adults was saying as he was to fixated on the elevator. He wanted to ride the elevator and he wasn't going to stop looking at it until the adults fixed it. There was one thing on his mind, it was to go up to the clouds with it. "Up!" Arry said as he tried to tell the elevator to work. Nothing happened. The Aron then tried again. "Up!" Still no response from it. Looks like the adults really have to fix it just for it to even move. Then again, he doesn't know what kind of elevator it is so he would just keep trying.

OoC)) Short Post, so have an Arry being cute.
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:38 am

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 9 UxYTNZ3

Battle Tower|Midday
87|50

Mathias looked around in that tiny room he opened. It was just cleaning supplies and nothing of note worthy in there other than a toolbox. He closed the door and moved over to where they needed him."Mathias, could you slide these open?" The doors looked pretty well dented from impacts and some gunfire but still strong enough to withstand a moderate amount of heat from fire. He wasn't going to melt it at all since it would be just an open invitation for any undead that could be wandering on the next floor. He put his claws into the left side and started to pull back on the door. It made a screeching sound like metal scraping on metal. Then again, it hasn't been oiled in a while so it would likely do that. With each pull, the door opened little by little. The noise it was making wasn't loud but it was enough to show it needed something to make it slide open easier. After a certain point though, the screeching stopped and it opened fine afterwards. So far though it was pretty dirty and dust flew up a bit. Other than that, it was pretty much what Etin needs to get to work on the elevator. This then brought the question, where's Arry at? Then hearing him saying up told him that he was in the next elevator over. This then brought a smile onto Mathias' maw. The kid is being adorable right now.

Bastet looked at Arry seeing him trying to make the elevator move. It reminded her of when they was in Saffron City and she was trying to make the elevator move. Mathias was a charmeleon back then but the moment with Arry was to hard to ignore. Maybe they was meant to be here after all. Though the tragedy in Under was a reminder that life is precious and how Mathias and the other described Forrik as a tough charizard who fought to avenge his fallen family. She was going to bring it up. She wanted to know more about Forrik. Who had contact with him. "I don't get it." She then talked with Mathias psychically to not disturb Etin from working on the elevator's electrical output. I know you guys said something about this Forrik when we was in the under but how long did you know him and how long have you been in contact with him? I'm not saying he did something to you but I just want to know more about him. I know you wouldn't tell me a lie but maybe we can ask them if they know of him.

Mathias knew that Bastet was wanting to know more and so did he but he doubts anyone left of Forrik's family was alive and even if one did survive, it would be to young to remember what happened. I wish I knew more but I did have contact with him for maybe a few moments. Glass and Cosmic knew more than I do and honestly, I miss them. Maybe they know but I doubt they would have anything to share. The Charizard looks back over to Arry and begins to smile a bit more. "Guys." He then points over to Arry. This was innocence in pure form. This was just like that day. It had to be like that day. No kid would even come close to Arry and Arry wanted to go up so much that he wanted to see the stars so bad. Mathias walked over to the other elevator and watched Arry but not disturb him from being adorable. If there was a human with a camera though, this would be a picture of cuteness.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:25 pm

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 9 19594738_AEbZwwh0HkimsMI
Cinder 180 || Faux 140

"Inside huh?" The shiny Pokemon mumbled, the persuasion, or perhaps coercion, successful as he turned back toward the elevator.  "Mathias, could you slide these open?" He asked, likely needing the help though it could also have been a last ditch effort to change course. Resting on her haunches Cinder hunched her back as she waited, the lumbering steps of the Charizard enough to rumble the floor as he moved over to the elevator. Without much to add to the situation Cinder meant to take a small moment of rest, but the horrid and sudden shrieking from the elevator door was enough to send a nervous shock-wave throughout her body. Her eyes flashed wide and stared tensely at the doors as they slowly and forcibly rolled apart. Glass shouldn't make that sound. She thought tensely, but the thick panes did not seem at risk of breaking, and the metal framing them must have been whining from years of neglect.

Once a space big enough for the smaller Pokemon was made Faux ushered Etincelle inside. She followed suit as Mathias continued to pry and inscrease the size of the opening. While the fox was an intelligent one, her many years of life offering her many colorful experiences, there were some things she knew only in theory. Peering at the ceiling with a scrutinizing eye she spotted a panel that looked as though it could be moved. In fact, it was askew, perhaps moved in the past for this same reason. "Right there," she points, making sure Etincelle is paying attention. "There should be a thick cable and accessible wiring on the other side of that panel."

"Give it a surge and this thing should start working, if only temporarily." Faux's voice was muffled by the thick glass panes, and had she not been able to see the fox on the other side of the door Cinder would have thought her to be much further away. While the screeching door had finally been opened and silenced the air was not quite. Arry was pawing at the return elevator, his tiny feet tapping the glass desperately trying to spring it to life as he cried out to get it to work. "Up! Up!" Her face sat like a stone, as unresponsive as the machine he cried to. Would he be disappointed? She had hyped up the ride, but elevators were quick buggers, ending the journey scarcely after it began, and though the glass walls would allow him to see outside the day was still young and the stars would not be visible.

She watched quietly, waiting and watching for a moment where she could do something useful. maybe we should have taken the stairs. Despite her own argument they would have been faster, and their journey continued. Letting her eyes slowly sweep across the other Pokemon she wondered if Melanie felt the same way, or even Bastet. They hadn't or couldn't do much, and that reflected poorly on her. Should she say something? Having finished with the doors Mathias fell into a similar boat and occupied himself with watching Arry. He motioned to the rest of them as if they could not hear Arry's cries, his quite voice holding a level of elation Cinder wished she could share. Whether or not he wanted it to continue the fire type could not hold her tongue any longer, and needed something to occupy here tongue. "We're gonna be in the other one," she breathes, hoping they others were quick with the recharge. "Its gonna be pretty fast, but you wont feel the speed."
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:10 pm

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 9 Db6dAr2
Etincelle 162 || Melanie 162

Etincelle really did not like this plan. Keeping his head held high he puffed out his chest to betray how twisted he felt inside, and boasted a faux confidence he hoped would inspire himself. Padding into the room Mathias had opened in a last attempt to change their course Etincelle hoped to find something he'd recognize or knew to be useful, but was disappointed to find a mishmash of humans objects that were equally as foreign to him. Resigning himself to his path the Electrike padded back toward the elevator as Mathias placed his claws for prying. The screeching, whining, grating sound of the glass doors was more than enough to send shivers down his spine, but it was Mel's shying away that made him concerned about the noise. Rushing to her side he assured her it was only surprising rather than dangerous, and remained there until Faux ushered him inside.

The space was small, not something he particularly liked in an unknown location, and being able to see through the primarily glass walls was heavily disconcerting. "Right there," the fox instructs while pointing to a seemingly arbitrary spot on the ceiling. "There should be a thick cable and accessible wiring on the other side of that panel." With the door fully open and the horrid sound at bay Etincelle called for Mel to join them, both for her sake and his. She needed much few paces than him to enter the elevator, though even before he turned his head Etincelle could tell she was anxious by the slow, ginger clicks of her claws against the floor. Moving to her side her nuzzles her gently as Faux continues unabated. "Give it a surge and this thing should start working, if only temporarily."

Gazing up at the ceiling panel the Electrike felt very small, as though it was impossibly far away and he was reaching for the stars. "Mel," he starts, about to ask for her assistance, but the fox was already ahead of him. She padded about, looking for the right spot when the electric Pokemon stopped her, and without missing a beat she bent down to allow him onto her shoulders. He clambered on, careful of any wounds he could spot of areas he assumed would be sensitive. As one unit the two Pokemon became a tower, the large fox stretching onto here hindlegs and even the wall to give the smaller Pokemon the height he needed. Pressing his snout against the panel Etin was surprised and relieved to find it moved aside without need for persuasion, and with the gentlest leap he could manage he popped through the opening onto the top of the car.
Unlike the rest of the box this area was not see-through, though Faux's description was more than enough to assist him. The massive mechanical structure situated above the center of the car had multiple thick cables, and a heap of smaller wires below them. He was no electrician by any means, and the functionality of wires was like speaking another language, but if the fox thought a surge would work he would not doubt her. "Here goes nothing." He mumbles uneasily to himself as he stuffs his paws into the heap and bites one of the thick cables. With no idea which one needed the energy he would just have to hit them all, and ignoring the awful taste in his mouth he let loose a Spark with a fair amount of energy pumped into it.

Melanie could hear the crackling of electricity, the humming sound echoing upward through the hollow shaft. How much of a charge would this massive machine need to run, and how much more would it need to stay going for their return trip? Dropping off of the wall to move away from the sound the fox flinched as the humming got louder, the sound turning to a persistent buzz about them as the entire room started to vibrate. Pacing about the space the fox would have thought it to be an earthquake were they not in the air, and she was right to panic if Etincelle's excited chirp did not ring down from above. "I-I got it. I got it!" His paws thunked about on the ceiling before he dropped back down in the car with a heavier sound. His smell had changed like that of grease and oil, but otherwise bared no ill will as he panted beside her. "We're going up!" He barked, his voice light with excitement as his small tails wagged.
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:12 am

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 9 250px-304Aron

Battle Tower|Midday

Arry didn't understand why the elevator didn't work but when he looked at th adults staring at him. It made him feel that he might have went to wrong elevator. Cinder came over to him and told him so that he wouldn't be left behind. "We're gonna be in the other one," Oh, that makes more sense. Then again, this one might be for returning to the lobby only. "Its gonna be pretty fast, but you wont feel the speed." If he wouldn't feel the speed, then that would mean he's gonna feel nothing different. It would be actually fun to go all the way up but somehow he had a feeling that it's not that simple. As long as they get the bad pokemon out and it becomes safe for them to see the stars then they can return when the sun is setting. It made him all the more happy."I-I got it. I got it!" The sound of the machine turned on and it looked ready to go. Finally they can go up. "We're going up!" Yay, now they can go explore and see the stars.

As Arry gets onto the elevator with the others, he wonders how many times they'll have to go to another  elevator. If its multiple times then some might actually have different colors. At least for Arry, seeing different colors would be a start to something good. Yay! Lets go up!" Looks like there's buttons Though none of them was able to press them except for Mathias and Mel. It raised the question, how tall will he be when he becomes an adult? It was something that was a bit far but he hoped it wouldn't be that far away.
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:57 am

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 9 UxYTNZ3

Battle Castle|Midday
88|51

While Mathias and Bastet waited, Some stuff crossed Mathias' mind. Some of it actually reflected on his wild nature of his past. Why of all pokemon did he happen to be left behind with Leo? Bastet was the only who survived that hellish desert of Orre but he had this feeling that there might be another besides her. Only time will tell before they find a missing companion but it might not end well either. His thought was then interrupted by Etin. "I-I got it. I got it!" The sounds of the elevator engine activating was enough proof that Etin had succeeded. "We're going up!" Arry even reflected the excitement. Though Cinder was right that it would be a very short ride up, it would at least make it fun but hopefully nothing makes the elevator move slower than normal.

Bastet got on it and looked around seeing some of the stuff was replaced recently. Judging by the looks of it, it had to be some time ago but when exactly? It was hard to even know. She looked at Faux but couldn't bring herself to tell her that she isn't trying to make things easier but it was the fact she was trained to use those powers to detect undead in blind spots as well as behind doors and walls. "Can I tell you all something? When I was still an eevee, I always wanted to ride an elevator that would go even higher than the tallest towers in both Kanto and Johto. I wish I knew where that place was but I bet its a safe haven." It was wishful thinking but even then is anywhere in this world safe anymore? All they're surrounded by is death, decay, and undead that want nothing but their lives to join their growing numbers. No, she wasn't going to give up that hope of there being a safe haven. They all have to make it through this. Even if they don't see eye to eye, they're still fellow living pokemon. Bastet then looked over to Etin. "Thank you Etin, you're the best." The Eeveelution said with appreciation for his work on it.

Mathias walked into the elevator looking at the panel. It looks fairly simple and since he seen Zeke do it enough times to make it work, it shouldn't be a problem for him to press the buttons. "Thanks Etin, looks like we can make it up safely." Now the question is, how many floors will be still intact and how many may have collapsed into the one below it? If one is set up just right for them to climb up, then they can make the trip a little more easier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:32 am