Epidemic Johto

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+8
Grimsley
Feraligatr
BatEmmaman
Starbits
Kaze
Fern
Kitty
renegade
12 posters

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 15 Empty Re: (ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:05 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 15 TsUcp2f

Laverre City|Afternoon

Oh dear, looks like Plant burnt himself on the broth. Guess he made it a bit to hot. Feeling that it was a bit his fault for using to much of his flames, it caused a burn on one of the children. But Alirah was on the ball to take care of the Snivy. Trying to take care of children is a lot harder than he thought. His parents made it look easy but doing it himself? No, he's not much of a parent. He was a fighter and that's what he's good at. Protecting these children and Alirah is the most important thing for him right now. "'Blow on it?" Shadow heard Plant repeat that. In a simple way, yes, what Conan said made sense to those that aren't fire types. Though if Conan was wanting to evolve, it would be probably be a leafeon or Glaceon, but the chances are, it may not happen at all. Either way, the kid has a positive outlook in his life but not all is positive though. Even Shadow had admitted that. His home, basically far away and all the training he's had while away made him forget how long he has been away. He'll be damned if something bad happened if he left again.

The Charizard then scoops up some for Alirah and himself except for one thing, how do you eat this stuff? Shadow couldn't understand human stuff nor could he understand how humans make this. "How do you eat this? Humans really are strange." Another flash of lightning came from outside as the light from it flashed inside. The thunderstorm was still marching through. With time though, the storm will eventually leave but for now, they got a lot of fun for the indoors. Though For Shadow, understanding things that humans do and if that other Charizard he met in the Under, Mathias had known anything. However, finding out from him is now impossible since there is know clue on where he could be. Oh well, guess there was no point of thinking on that part. "I've seen storms go like this, but this kind of feels like it doesn't want to leave."

OoC)) The storm will soon be over but its up to you on how long the rain will continue Dazey.
Dazey
Dazey
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dazey Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:06 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 15 Pgxl4hH
Laverre City l Afternoon l (79)

Alirah’s small, narrow muzzle was twisted entirely into worry as she watched the child plunge his little hurt hand into the cool water. Her expression immediately softened into relief while watching Plant’s reactions imply the water was soothing to the burn.

Her heart ached at the familiar confusion she felt— he wasn’t upset. She had messed up, but there was no yelling. No anger. No tears.

No hurting me. It’s… so nice…

Conan’s suggestion to blow off the food to cool it seemed to only confuse Plant more. She bent her neck down at such an angle to reach her own bowl, exhaling into the soup and causing tiny ripples to form on the surface. Steam billowed around her nose, like that of a breath on a cold, dreary day— the image reminded her of many snow days and she continued cooling her soup even into her reverie of wonder about what the cooler seasons held for them.

“That’s all ya do!” She explained. She could still feel the heat hitting her nose as she breathed onto the surface. Oh, who would’ve thought the epidemic had its advantages all along? Practically no access to warm meals anymore meant no more burning her snoot.

"How do you eat this? Humans really are strange." Shadow commented as he too observed the soup.

“Well, humans have these lil’ things called spoons— they’re kinda like teeny tiny bowls on sticks so the humans can shovel hot food into their mouths without getting their hands in it. Now, don’t ask me why they insist on putting it in their mouths even when they know it’s ten-billion degrees— I have no clue,” she joked, reminded of the countless, absolutely countless times Korei had done that exact thing and practically exhaled flames like an angry Fire-type. “But since we don’t have those, and some of us don’t have hands, we can drink like this—“ she explained as she lay with paws coiled around to the back of the bowl. She tipped it towards her with her lips on the side of the bowl so the broth drizzled into her maw. “And then we can eat the noodles and vegetables when the broth is gone.”

Ali paused her slurping briefly to listen to Shadow. "I've seen storms go like this, but this kind of feels like it doesn't want to leave."

“They always feel that way to me,” she mewed. Storms were always something she found intimidating. “But it always smells better when it rains. And the undead seem to have more trouble finding us because of the sound and scents, so I’d be happy if it never stopped.”
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:30 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 15 UoOeshi

Laverre City|Afternoon

Conan blew on his soup and waited till it was not to hot but enough to make the broth and noodles cool enough to eat without causing a burn. He was very careful not to eat to fast or make licks that would say otherwise. After taking a few sips and nibbles, it was like home all over again. It tasted so good and it then brought up another memory. The man and lady of the house had made soup on days when it was cooler and they made it with so much love. It was a perfect match and it was something Conan loved with his parents. Now, it was just him but Alirah had done more than enough to make him happy. If only his mother and father was still around. It was a happy memory and Conan will never let that memory fade away. His attention snapped back to reality when Shadow said something that made him giggle a little. Alirah then explained it to him and Conan even giggled a bit more. “Well, humans have these lil’ things called spoons— they’re kinda like teeny tiny bowls on sticks so the humans can shovel hot food into their mouths without getting their hands in it. Now, don’t ask me why they insist on putting it in their mouths even when they know it’s ten-billion degrees— I have no clue,” Ten billion degrees? Isn't that so hot that it would burn a hole into the ground? Nah, things don't work that way, do they? Conan couldn't tell if that was a joke or if Alirah is just teasing the charizard but none the less, they was being a family.

After sipping some more and getting some of Plant's mushroom in a bite it made the soup even more better. "This is really good. I love soup on rainy days like this." The weather was exactly that but it could be better without the thunder and lightning. Conan then walked over to Plant while pushing his bowl gently over and said something to him in a whisper. "The grownups are silly. That Charizard is more clueless than a bidoof." The Eevee has seen some clueless Bidoofs but Shadow is taking the cake on the clueless category. It made him just giggle even more. Maybe he and Plant can play a game after they're done eating other than I Spy. Now that Conan remembered something, there was another rainy day activity that made things a lot more fun.Hopefully this place has what they need.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:49 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 15 BLg0Vcp
Laverre Boutique || Afternoon || Plant 100

He blew too hard and sent droplets flying out of the bowl, then so little that it was just a waste of breath. Steadying his breathing was not something he was accustomed to; Verglas never breathed evenly except when using his ice moves, something Plant had tried to mimic but never could. Keeping an even stream at the right strength took too much focus and breath, and practically left the child winded once he thought he had done enough. “That’s all ya do!” Alirah cheered him on, and it felt good to have done something right on his own once again. With quick, short breathes Plant only wished he had more to show for himself.

When the temperature more reasonable and heat no longer overwhelming the Snivy stared once again at the shimmering liquid. He couldn't remember the taste on his fingers when he put them in his maw, but hunger, and more so curiosity, was quickly getting the better of him. Longingly watching the ingredients bob about he didn't dare dip his fingers back inside after his first endeavor, yet he had no idea how to get to the chunks otherwise. Shadow said something, not that he was listening, and Ali was quick to follow it up. With his mind focused on how to get to the food he did not hear what they were saying until she starting explaining how they could eat it. “---we can drink like this— And then we can eat the noodles and vegetables when the broth is gone.” Tossing her a curious glance he watched the Umbreon grip the bowl as best she could and maneuver her limbs to allow her to drink from it.

Being born with hands, no matter how small, Plant considered simply lifting the bowl with them but cringed away from it as they got close. It probably wouldn't hurt him again, but wanting to play it safe rather than sorry the child instead coiled his vines around the bowl to lift and tip it toward himself. A gentle warmth seeped through the container, but it was no longer painful or threatening. Parting his maw Plant hesitated from the unknown thing for a few more seconds before letting the liquid drip into his mouth. The sensation was immediate, a stark heat compared to the cold of the floor, the outside, and anything he had ever eaten prior. The liquid was rich, having a strikingly salty flavor he was not accustomed to. As it poured down his throat he felt the heat as it traveled, a feeling that sent alarm through him at first. Was he being burned on the inside?! Yet as the seconds ticked by he did not feel a fire inside him, but instead the soothing warmth he felt from the sun. It seeped the spread, warming his body from the inside out like nothing he had experienced before.

The child was so amazed by the comforting feeling from the heat he hardly had a chance to take in any more than the initial flavor. "Its.. incredible." He exhaled, awe coating his words as he took another sip. Even the most flavorful berries did not compare to the depth of tastes and textures that came from this juice. As his body warmed Plant started to feel less lethargic and more like himself than he had in a long while. Sunlight would always be superior, but the comforting feeling of warmth was something he would have to remember. As the noodles tipped over the edge the Snivy gripped and pulled, chomping on the thin strings before realizing he could slurp them. While they weren't particularly flavorful the texture was new and exciting, and the broth had seeped into them as well. "Humans eat this all the time?" He gasped, still struggling to comprehend how they had come to this final result.

A shuffling sound forced him to look up from his meal as Conan nudged his bowl closer to him. "The grownups are silly. That Charizard is more clueless than a bidoof." With his mouth full and thoughts preoccupied Plant didn't have a moment to agree with the Eevee. Shadow was dumber than an a Metapod, but he had helped with this meal eveen though they had just met. He did burn him by proxy, but the Snivy chose to ignore that point for now.
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:00 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 15 TsUcp2f

Laverre City|Afternoon

Shadow listened to Alirah when she talked about hwo to eat the soup. “Well, humans have these lil’ things called spoons— they’re kinda like teeny tiny bowls on sticks so the humans can shovel hot food into their mouths without getting their hands in it. Now, don’t ask me why they insist on putting it in their mouths even when they know it’s ten-billion degrees— I have no clue,” As much as it made sense, Shadow just didn't understand the concept of spoons. Bowls yes, spoons no. Why would humans make something that needs another bowl to put in their mouths? Nothing can really point to the reason so instead of using the spoon, he ate the contents and drank the broth straight from the bowl. The heat didn't bother him anyways since he had plenty of experience dealing with that kind of thing. He takes another go at it, doing the same thing. It was then he looked at the children and realized they was watching him. He paused and for the first time, he set the bowl down and sat himself. Looking at Plant's burn had been the cause of his fire causing the soup to be to hot. Knowing this was an accident, he could tell Plant wouldn't trust him even now. Yet they liked the soup which was in itself was a pretty good job. The kids love it at least so that's a win for him. Still, Plant got hurt from the hot soup and it was by proxy from him. So maybe he should say something to him. "Sorry if you got burnt Plant, I should have told you it was hot. Here, I stowed it away in case I needed something to eat but this would heal you. Shadow hands him a rawst berry that he had found earlier. 

“But it always smells better when it rains. And the undead seem to have more trouble finding us because of the sound and scents, so I’d be happy if it never stopped.” Shadow looked over to Alirah and hearing her say that was like saying she wanted to have it rain until the end of the epidemic. He knew nature doesn't work that way and sometimes it is cruel but it doesn't hurt to have some wishful thinking at times which he understood what Alirah was coming from on that. There was times where he wished that he was a normal looking charmander when was just a kid but he knew that his entire existence was full of mysteries. Mostly, why is he different from others of his line? Guess that is something he would never know until things return to normal. "There are days that I wished that I could feel something they call snow. I never felt it before and sadly I don't think I'll feel it even now." He wished to know how it feels but with it being like it is outside, it would be less likely without coming back soaked by the heavy rain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:43 am