Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+8
Grimsley
Feraligatr
BatEmmaman
Starbits
Kaze
Fern
Kitty
renegade
12 posters

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Post by Dandelion Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:23 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 9 RdX3lGM
    Laverre City || Morning
    Plant 64 || Verglas 61

No, no no no... Plant's vision was blurred, his head swimming after the strike to his skull. Dark blotches crept in from the corners of his eyes and threatened to black him out, but the Snivy pushed forward, crawling across the muddy ground with all he had left. Deep in his chest his heart raced like the frantic animal he was, sending his quivering limbs forward in their relentless endeavor. He couldn't, he couldn't give up... "Ver..glas..." Sobbing out his brother's name Plant prayed for a response, for any indication that the ice type was okay, but the Snover remained silent and still.

Plunging his shaky arms into the mud Plant forced himself to his feet. His entire body felt weak and hardly able to support his light weight as it swayed, but he forced the building nausea away and continued to stagger forward. "Verg.. Verglas.." Why wasn't he responding..? There was so much blood around, was it all his...? Why was he fighting that Mightyena?! Questions flooded the child's mind, darting in and out of his conscious thought, but none could overpower the overwhelming question; Is he okay?

When he was close enough that even his hazy sight could not hide the details Plant stopped dead in his tracks. The blood was Verglas'; his entire torso was a bloodied, lacerated mess. What the child had thought to be a broken arm was in fact completely detached and riddled with burns like charred wood. With a silent gasp Plant could not keep himself from heaving up what little was in his stomach. He's .. he's... Forcing his eyes off the ground Plant stared desperately at the Snover, whimpering, "Verglas...?" The dual type's dark red eyes were as blank as ever, unblinking and still. Though his body made no motion, his breathing never detectable, the eyes gradually turned until finally, a word came hoarsely, "..P-Pla-a-ant...."

A breath rushed through him, and with his last bits of strength sucked out Plant collapsed on the Snover. "Verg.. Verglas I'm sorry! I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry..." Tears gushed forward, pouring from the Snivy's eyes like waterfalls and diluting the bloodstains underneath him. "I'm sorry, this is my fault! I shouldn't have made you go. I shoulda payed more attention.. I should have gone with you!" The mud gave a small pop as the Snover limply extended his one arm toward his brother. "Not.. your.. fault.." he wheezed meekly, resting his thick fingers on Plant's.

His thoughts were fading, sensations growing even more distant, but something akin to a bliss whisked across the Snover's face. No longer could he remember why he had been drawn away, or that a human was nearby, but Plant's presence was all he needed in the word. Snow blew through his eyes, covering what little he could see in a veil of white. Through he Verglas could see two things; Plant's sobbing face upon him and the faint shape of man approaching from within the blizzard. His eyes widened slightly, dark blood pouring from their sides. "My.. trainer...." He gasped, reaching outward with his one shaky arm. "Y-yeah..." Plant sobbed back, peaking his eyes up a little. "We gotta go get her. We gotta finish the mission..."

A mix of a groan and a gasp rasped from within the Snover. "She's here.." "What?" Plant whimpers, confused, seeing nothing but blood and dirt before them. "We gotta go to her.. you gotta make it to the place!" His voice was nearly shrill with desperation but too weak to have volume. Verglas wheezed out two short 'hehs' as his fingers curled inward. "Going... home..." An exhaling gasp came slowly, all air leaving the Snover's lungs as his arm fell to the ground with a dull thud.

"Verglas..?" There was no response, not even a shuddering movement. "V-V-Ver...gl..." He tried again, but the word would not come as he peeled his frame away from the Snover's. His blurry, shaking, fading vision could barely registrar anything, but the dark, shadowed look to Verglas eyes hit home. Plant couldn't breathe, his lungs ceasing as he started to shake uncontrollably. When he could breathe again he did not scream, and could do nothing more than sob as he flopped back over onto his brother's still, bloody, lifeless body.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:11 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 9 Tumblr_ol1zl7h7Bh1qm24p9o1_540
    ||Laverre City | Morning||
    ||30 | 30||
    Hide watched as Kaneki darted off after Plant, eyes shining in worry.He hoped everything was okay... Frowning slightly,the Riolu stared after the Spectreon's retreating form until he couldn't see him anymore, blinking and turning to head back to the cafe.“Um, Hide… Kaneki seemed spooked, didn’t he…” he jumped atAlirah's voice, still on edge and wary.He glanced down at her, swallowing hard. "He was... on edge, yeah. I... I hope he's going to be alright..." He said quietly, before looking back over his shoulder, to where they had retreated to. “Do you think everything is okay…?” Even if Kaneki wasn't here, he still had to keep everyone calm. He couldn't go starting a panic, now. Hide flashed Alirah with a wide, cheery grin "Yeah! They're going to be just fine, Alirah! Don't you worry that fluffy little head of yours!" He said, tail wagging as he reached over to ruffle the pastel pink fur on her head.

The shiny followed her along until they got back to the cafe, humming a quiet tune. He ducked into the building, looking around carefully, eyes sweeping over everything that could be of use. “I heard something earlier, but it was probably just loose items falling.” The Riolu looked back, giving her a smile. "Uh huh. Let me guess, you got spooked into thinking it was some hideous, really strong undead?" He teased, smirking at the little Umbreon. He started to pick cams off the shelves, looking them over. He tossed one over his shoulder with a grumble. Weren't canned foods meant to last forever or something? “I don’t think honey ever goes bad,” glancing back, Hide smiled as he spotted the jar in her mouth, “but I don’t have hands, heh, I couldn’t get it open. That’s how it ended up under the stove…”

"That's okay. I can get it open for you." He said, returning to looking at the cans. He found one of Tamato berry soup, looking it over with a tilt if his head. "There's some soup cans here. Maybe we can use those." He mumbled, gathering a bunch of them into his arms to take. “Huh. Looks like somebody isn’t a smooth criminal…” That got his attention. Hide's ears flicked, and he looked over, head tilting. "Smooth criminal? What do you mean?" He asked, coming over to look at the yellow strands of fur. Odd... had someone come here before them?

"Does Kaneki like honey Hide? Its yummy with other yummy things on it as well." Sliding his gaze over to the little eevee, Hide tilted his head slightly, thinking. "Well, I think he's sweet enough without it, but he does like sweets. I used to have to forever be keeping him away from pokepuffs." He joked, smiling at Conan. “I’m totally imagining him in a Teddiursa costume eating honey with his paws! That’s--” he snorted at Alirah's imagination, covering his muzzle to stop his own giggles from escaping. “That’s golden, pun intended.” Hide gave Alirah a lighthearted groan for her pun, rolling his eyes. "That was terrible, Alirah."

Chasing after Plant, Kaneki kept his distance, but still kept the little grass type within his sight, his long twin tails swishing in the air. Was it just him or was it getting... colder? He shivered and kept running forwards, paws splashing in the puddles and mud, claws skittering along the patches of stone that still showed. "Verglas!" Eyes darting back and forth, Kaneki silently followed, looking for the little Snover. Goddamn it... where are you, kid...? He looked around, mouth set in a grim frown.

He followed after Plant, stopping when the little Snivy paused for air, looking around, his ears swishing back and forth, little white wisps floating off them. "Negh," Plant's little whimper drew his attention, and he started after the grass type, mouth slightly ajar as he panted in breaths, trying to keep up with the speedy little grass snake. As he ran after him, a paw slipped on a puddle of mud, and Kaneki tripped, landing hard on his side with a sharp grunt. He struggled back to his paws, looking around to see where Plant went.

"Plant!"

The sound of the Snover's panicked voice drew his attention, and Kaneki shook himself off, darting in the direction of the sound. As he drew closer, the colder it good, and Kaneki shivered, wishing his fur was a little thicker during times like this. Stupid thin ghost fur... "Get off him. Get OFF him. GET OFF HIM!" Plant's screaming drew his attention, and he skidded around a corner, racing after the sound, and hoping he wasn't too late.

The sight he was met with when he skidded around that final corner made the ghost freeze, and his mouth parted, but the words he wanted to say died on his tongue. He could only stare in horror, eyes sweeping over all the blood, and... other things that littered the ground. He could feel what little he had to eat starting to climb up his throat, and he swallowed hard to stop from being sick. Oh Darkrai... what happened here..? He kept his thoughts to himself, not wanting to break the sudden silent spell that'd fallen, too busy watching the horrific scene. Were... were the kids okay? That thought brought him back, and his eyes roamed again, this time searching... searching for that little green figure.

"..P-Pla-a-ant...." The sound of Verglas's poor voice drew his attention to the sorry state of the Snover, before his eyes fell on the dirtied and mud-caked Snivy. Shit...

"Verg.. Verglas I'm sorry! I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry..." Kaneki winced at Plant's pleading voice, looking away with a rough swallow. He... shouldn't be here. This was a private moment. Kaneki went to step back, but steeled himself, staying put. He still... had to protect Plant. The smell of the blood could draw undead to them. He had to stay and look after them. "I'm sorry, this is my fault! I shouldn't have made you go. I shoulda payed more attention.. I should have gone with you!" Kaneki kept his gaze down, not wanting to disturb Plant or Vergas. If only he'd gotten here sooner... maybe he would have been able to save the Snover, before any of this happened.

"Not.. your.. fault.." He couldn't watch anymore, backing up a few steps and starting to wander off, patrolling around the area. This was Plant's time with his brother... Kaneki didn't want to disturb it. The snivy needed time to grieve, and to say goodbye. He walked in a large circle, looking around the area in case there were any dangers. I'm such an idiot... I should've been paying more attention... His tails lashed as he looked at the ground, pacing in his circle. He slowly started to make his way back, looking up to see how Plant and Verglas were going. He stopped, watching them both with a sad expression. "Verglas..?" He knew that look... he lowered his head, sighing heavily.
    So... Verglas was gone, then...

"V-V-Ver...gl..." He swallowed hard, padding forwards just a few steps.

"For... what it's worth... I'm sorry."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:14 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 9 Pgxl4hH
    Laverre City l Morning l (41)

"That was terrible, Alirah."

She burst into a fit of giggles at Hide’s playful chastising. Oh yeah? That was terrible? Well, challenge accepted!! The cotton candy vulpine made her best pouty face, complete with the dreaded puppy eyes she had mastered from birth. “Aww, come on,” she whined, batting the pale orbs with girlish coy at her friend, “I thought my choice of words was sweet. Alirah plopped her fluffy rear onto the floor, gesturing to the tiny kit alongside her with a paw. “Conan will agree with me! Right, sweetheart?” Her shoulders wiggled in her assumed victory before the kit could even speak. “‘Cause he loves me and therefore appreciates my tasteful humor.”

She grinned slyly at the Riolu, “If you can do better, the mic is yours, Hide~” Alirah rose her clenched paw over her head and uncoiled her toes in a ‘mic drop’ fashion… though it probably wouldn’t seem that way unless you had a really vivid and strange imagination like Ali was blessed with. “Conan can be the judge!”

((I wish i had more to do, im screaming, Laverre is back aaa<333 Alirah’s jokes are horrible oh my god i love her so much))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 9 UoOeshi
    Laverre City|Morning

Conan listened to Hide as he talked about what Kaneki likes with honey.  "Well, I think he's sweet enough without it, but he does like sweets. I used to have to forever be keeping him away from pokepuffs." The child tilted his head to the side a bit wondering what pokepuffs that Kaneki liked. He used to remember that his mother would give him pokepuffs when he was done taking a bath. However the honey treats had kind of inched its way over that in favoriting sweets. “I’m totally imagining him in a Teddiursa costume eating honey with his paws! That’s--” It would be odd for an eeveelution to wear something like that. Though it was a little funny for a thought. Alirah did have a bit of a caring nature for him and it would be nice to have someone to be a good mother figure. “That’s golden, pun intended.” What's a pun? Being just a child would make him question what things was. Something feels that he should ask either Hide or Alirah on that later. Though the eevee hopes that Kaneki and Plants after finding Verglas. It was only a hopeful thought that nothing happened to them.

"That was terrible, Alirah." The Eevee wondered what Hide thought? Surely that a Riolu like Hide has some pretty funny things to say.  “Aww, come on,” Oh boy, there's sometimes the feeling of being the one to settle something and asking a child no less would be rather hard. “I thought my choice of words was sweet.” The feeling Conan got was pretty much true. [Coor=#EEADFF]“Conan will agree with me! Right, sweetheart?”[/Color] What Alirah said next kinda felt like she was trying to be a mother figure. Somehow the question he was going to say was going to inch its way further. “‘Cause he loves me and therefore appreciates my tasteful humor.” True, he does love Alirah, but he also loves Hide since he was like a brother that he never had. Even at birth he never knew his true siblings and since his mother had never told him anything yet, it would be safe to assume he kind of got the attention of an only child. “If you can do better, the mic is yours, Hide~” Watching Alirah doing something silly made Conan giggle a little. “Conan can be the judge!”

This kind of made Conan want to tell the both on this and he was going to say it. "I love you both, but what's a pun?" Ahh a child's curiosity strikes again. Though if he had to choose between them. Alirah would be the one. Hide on the other hand did play with him and he did give the young eevee happiness again. Then there was Kaneki who was different from the other eeveelutions. He was like a father to him. Plant and Verglas would be kind of tough since he barely knows them. Suddenly Conan's happiness spiked to an excited look. After that he ran up to Alirah and rubbed her with love. Then he did the same to Hide. He didn't want to disappoint either of them. "Alirah? Can we play once we get home?" It would be hard to even choose. Instead he showed them both happiness so that it felt equal. His innocence was the only thing that was more important. "Hide, Alirah? What yummy things can we make with these?" Hopefully there was something good for them all. It would be nice to eat together with them. Conan hoped that they all can live together. With that he wanted to find something to show his affection to Alirah and Kaneki. Perhaps Hide can help him with that.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:09 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 9 PUhksFk
    Laverre City || Morning || Plant 65

It was so cold. The sodden, bloody ground, the saddened, grey cloudy sky, the misty morning with eerie stillness, Verglas... Everything. Plant's head and torso lay on his brother's bloody chest, its chewed up surface splintered and more wood-like than ever before. The hailstones had stopped falling but the chill they left remained. Regardless, the moisture in the air could not dampen the fresh scent of blood that hung on everything, or the pungent scent of Verglas' rotten cells.
    Sniffling into a mixture of his sleeves and the dual type's chest the starter Pokemon had lost all awareness of the surrounding world. If the Mightyena came back for him it'd be a mercy. If some other undead nabbed him he wouldn't fight it, couldn't even. Other than the coldness that sat upon them both he could feel nothing else outside his anguish.

This wasn't supposed to happen.. First Violet, now him? Was he not allowed to have a family..? Did the world not want a brave Pokemon to finish his mission? I can't do it without him.. By taking him the world had doomed another person, though Plant had long speculated she was already gone. He didn't deserve this. All he wanted was to help.. Why take a good Pokemon like that away? Why? Tears streamed from his eyes with another powerful sob. He just didn't understand.

Within in fog Plant vaguely recalled everything they had been through. Verglas had taught him to fight, to hide and travel. He had showed him how to care for another, what it meant to have family and companionship. He gave him strength even when he was painfully homesick or they were attacked. He had protected him when he couldn't take care of himself.. and now, he could never repay that. I'm so sorry.. Plant's teeth chattered as he cried, the freezing cold ground and environment seeping into his already cold, sensitive body. Shivering violently any sane Pokemon would seek warmth, but Plant welcomed the chill and its similarity to his loss. Without looking he knew something was nearby, from that vague sensation of something else's presence, but it was not what he vainly hoped it would be. "For... what it's worth... I'm sorry."

Other than his shaking Plant did not move. Was it an apology or condolences? No one ever seemed thrilled when his brother was around, but the ghost had been kind and did at least sound remorseful. For which of them, he didn't know.. but it was something. A large lump build in the child's throat, the numbness of his body making it hard to swallow as he gagged on his own mucus. He did not lift his head, but his big orange-brown eyes titled upward ever so slightly. The dark spots in his vision were growing as his conscious waned but not of the spots looked like the Spectreon's dark fur. Was Kaneki really there? With another snivel Plant knew he didn't care if he was imagining him or not. Swallowing back his saliva he managed to mumble a broken sentence in the smallest voice, "..Why... him..?"

((My child ;A;))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:31 pm

||31 | 31||
    Alirah's joy was infection and Hide found himself smiling in spite of himself. The Riolu shook his head with a soft laugh, listening to the Umbreon's words. “Aww, come on,” oh boy, here it came. He'd seed that enough on Kaneki to know what was coming, “I thought my choice of words was sweet.” Another groan came from the canine pokemon and he shook his head, a paw going over his muzzle. “Conan will agree with me! Right, sweetheart?” Did the kid even know what a pun was? He didn't look old enough to understand the witty humor that went with puns.“‘Cause he loves me and therefore appreciates my tasteful humor.” That was a bit of a stretch; he love Kaneki, but that didn't mean he loved the Spectreon's terrible humor. If it wasn't dark jokes, it was puns.

“If you can do better, the mic is yours, Hide~” He tilted his head as Alirah did an odd motion, raising an eyebrow with a soft laugh. What the hell was that supposed to be? “Conan can be the judge!” His chocolate brown eyes slid over to the Eevee, waiting. Was his hunch right?

"I love you both, but what's a pun?"

Hide snorted, covering his mouth with a paw, but that didn't hide his grin and he snickered and bit back laughter. "Seems like your little judge idea backfired. Also, puns are Kankei's specialty, not mine. I sometimes have some good ones, but I'm more of a cheerful joking guy, or a prank type person. Not puns." Hide explained, tail wagging slowly. "I'll do a joke off with you, but I'll leave the puns to Kaneki."

"Alirah? Can we play once we get home?" The Riolu looked over at Conan with a smile, squatting down to give him a smile. "Well, I assume we'll be able to play when we get back. Maybe even go back to playing hide and seek, with everyone joining in!" He said cheerfully, before standing and looking out the window, his ears flicking. Where was Kaneki..? Surely they should have been back by now? "Hide, Alirah? What yummy things can we make with these?" He shook his head, giving Cona a grin and a shrug. "Dunno! I guess we'll have to see, won't we?"

Kaneki kept his gaze on the ground, his tails drooping down. His ears flattened back, the smog of white aronud his neck flickering like a dying flame. He should have been faster, should have been paying more attention... Fuck, he was an idiot. Kaneki grit his teeth, shutting his eyes. Stupid, stupid stupid! Why couldn't you have paid more attention? You let this happen, because you were a fucking failure at what you were meant to do!

The Spectreon sighed heavily, looking up at the Snivy with a solemn and haunted gaze. Kaneki padded forwards a little to take a seat closer, but not close enough to overstep his boundaries. Plant would probably need time to grieve alone, and need some space. "..Why... him..?" The words made the ghost shake his head, a heavy, and weighted sigh coming from him.

"I wish I knew. He didn't deserve to die, no one deserves to die like this. I... I'm sorry. The truth is... the world is cruel to kids now... and it's... it's wrong. All you two wanted was shelter and safety. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." He said softly, tails curling around his feet as he looked sadly at the Snover's corpse. "Do you... want to bury him?"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:20 am

Laverre City l Morning l (42)

"I love you both, but what's a pun?"

Oh, there was no way on this earth she could be mad at the kit’s unspoiled innocence, even if he gave Hide the chance for a snarky comment or two. She smiled at Conan, pale eyes soft like the cotton candy she was always likened to. “Well, let me see… how should I explain this,” she mused, poking at the corner of her mouth with a single powder blue toe. “It’s kinda like--”
    The fox dropped her sentence like a hot potato, twisting her neck to glare at the snickering Riolu; his attempts to hide his laughter sending yet another vexed twitch down her pelt.

"Seems like your little judge idea backfired. Also, puns are Kankei's specialty, not mine. I sometimes have some good ones, but I'm more of a cheerful joking guy, or a prank type person. Not puns." Hide swished his tail behind him as he elaborated. "I'll do a joke off with you, but I'll leave the puns to Kaneki." She hadn’t noticed Kaneki having a particular niche for puns. But then again, things had been so rough that there wasn’t much room for that type of thing. The thought lasted hardly a second in her mind before Alirah pointed her toe at the bipedal canine accusingly, but not devoid of the humor that had hung in the air for the entire exchange. “Hush, Hide, it didn’t backfire. The idea is just… um… just give me a minute, will ya?” She turned back to Conan, crouching her front quarters to be eye-level with the child. “It’s just kind of like a… a… You know, we should let Kaneki explain this in detail, he’s our designated pun guy!” She laughed it off nervously, having completely failed to answer the child’s question and filling her mind with the horror that someday he may ask where baby Pokémon come from. Kaneki would be left with that explanation too.

The soft pitter patter sounds Conan’s little paws made found their way to Alirah, stealing her attention from whatever passing thought occupied her mind one second before. She leaned down to return Conan’s affection with a smile, nuzzling her cheek softly between his ears as he brushed against her pastel fur.
    The youngster then darted for Hide-- he sure was full of love, wasn’t he? She laughed softly, in that maternal sort of way his actual mother might’ve laughed at his antics.

"Alirah? Can we play once we get home?" Ali’s ears perked excitedly at the idea and a grin spread over her face much like a playful kit herself. “Ahh, that sounds like so much fun,” she nearly squealed, “I think everything is okay now, we can play all day long today!” The female, sticking to her passive nature in these situations, shot a glance to Hide with a curious wave of her abundantly fluffy tail asking confirmation. The last thing she wanted to do was make a promise to Conan she couldn’t keep.
    "Well, I assume we'll be able to play when we get back. Maybe even go back to playing hide and seek, with everyone joining in!"

“Yeah! Group hide and seek,” Ali raved, “and we’re gonna have a super great dinner too. Aaah, don’t mind me if I drool a little, okay?” She wiped her mouth for comedic effect, making an exaggerated slurping sound as she did so.
    Conan piped up over the idea alongside the female, "Hide, Alirah? What yummy things can we make with these?"
    "Dunno! I guess we'll have to see, won't we?" He answered following a shrug. Huh. She hadn’t really thought of what to make with the things yet. But while a warm, filling meal sounded heavenly… “I have a maaajor sweet tooth… if I have any say in it, we’re gonna find a way to make some cookies, even without an oven!” She pursed her lips, looking akin to a goldfish before opening her mouth to speak again, “I used to loooove these things, my girl called them macarons. They had ones that, if I were a cookie, I would look just like them-- tiny and pink! I wish I knew how to make them--” She nearly bit her own tongue as she recalled the human staying in their little boutique home with them, “Oh my gosh, what if Grimsley knows how to make them?”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Laverre City|Morning

Seems Alirah was having a difficult time explaining this to the child. Conan was tilting his head wondering what Alirah was trying to tell him. “Well, let me see… how should I explain this,” Was it something hard to say? Though being unable to know what a pun is, Alirah did try her best. “It’s kinda like--” Something really did feel odd on asking what a pun is. Perhaps Grimsley might know what it is. Hide said something that sounded like it would be better to ask Kaneki the question. "Seems like your little judge idea backfired. Also, puns are Kankei's specialty, not mine. I sometimes have some good ones, but I'm more of a cheerful joking guy, or a prank type person. Not puns." Jokes are funny, but not the ones that his dad did. Sometimes his dad played some rather not so funny ones that scared the eevee quite a bit. However, Hide seems to be a lot nicer. "I'll do a joke off with you, but I'll leave the puns to Kaneki." A joke off? Sounds like something that would make the child laugh. “Hush, Hide, it didn’t backfire. The idea is just… um… just give me a minute, will ya?” Well, guess that explaining wasn't the best thing Alirah was able to do on some things. “It’s just kind of like a… a… You know, we should let Kaneki explain this in detail, he’s our designated pun guy!” She tried at least so asking Kaneki would be the best thing to do.

Conan then got excited when Alirah had liked the idea of playing when they got back to the boutique. “Ahh, that sounds like so much fun,” Yay, now they can have a lot more fun until it gets to time to eat. Hide and seek was a really fun game and with the other joining in, it would be a lot more fun to find more pokemon to play with. “I think everything is okay now, we can play all day long today!” Sounds like the day is planned for some fun times. Still he hoped nothing goes to a sad day. Hide then said something in a cheerful voice that second that fun day. "Well, I assume we'll be able to play when we get back. Maybe even go back to playing hide and seek, with everyone joining in!" Conan hoped Plant Verglas and Kaneki would join in. However, the first thing is to get back home with the food. There wasn't a wagon around. “Yeah! Group hide and seek,” No amount of words can describe how excited Conan was getting. This would be the best play date ever. “and we’re gonna have a super great dinner too. Aaah, don’t mind me if I drool a little, okay?” Conan giggled at what Alirah said.

Now that all the food is all ready, Conan was eager to hear what Alirah can do with it. "Dunno! I guess we'll have to see, won't we?" Sounds like a guessing game to see what can be made. It would be fun to make a treat or two for when they get hungry from playing. “I have a maaajor sweet tooth… if I have any say in it, we’re gonna find a way to make some cookies, even without an oven!” Cookies are yummy. Once in a while he had been given a cookie for hard work along with treats. It would be fun to make some cookies with Alirah. “I used to loooove these things, my girl called them macarons. They had ones that, if I were a cookie, I would look just like them-- tiny and pink! I wish I knew how to make them--” Macarons? It must be another kind of cookie. “Oh my gosh, what if Grimsley knows how to make them?” It would be nice to see someone make cookies even if there wasn't an oven.

The eevee wondered a bit and then decided to see if they knew how to make peanut butter cookies. "Can we make peanut butter cookies?" The thought of it was making his mouth water a bit. The delicious taste of peanut butter in the cookies made it worth the chance to make. As for the remaining food that they all have, how would they get it all back? Conan wondered if there was a small toy wagon that he can use to carry the other small things. "When will Kaneki come back Hide?" The Eevee asked. He's been gone a bit to long and the child was wondering if he went back to get something. The child then got a yummy treat from the bag and wondered what kind of treat it was in the wrapper.

Last edited by ShadowCharizard on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:56 am

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 66

"I wish I knew." Kaneki started to explain, and though Plant desperately wanted to argue he had no strength to do so. "He didn't deserve to die, no one deserves to die like this." He didn't. Neither did Violet... Remembering the sorrow in his faux mother's eyes brought a new wave of tears to Plant's eyes. He cringed, digging his snout deeper into his arms. Neither of them had done a single thing wrong, yet they were punished while he was not. Is this my punishment? Had he done something wrong? "I... I'm sorry. The truth is... the world is cruel to kids now... and it's... it's wrong. All you two wanted was shelter and safety. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you."

Protection... It seemed like so long ago now that Violet had tried to do that for them, and she was killed when they couldn't protect her. The boys had taken up that role for each other but it was no secret that the bulk of it had fallen upon Verglas' sturdy shoulders. I was never a good protector, and when he needed me most.. I wasn't even there. He, he did do something wrong. He failed his brother, and his mother as well. Pain tightened in the child's chest as mucus oozed from his face. Both of their deaths were his fault and he had no one to blame but himself. Plant shuddered uncontrollably as his body was unable to process so many emotions. How could he call himself a brother or a good Pokemon anymore? How could things ever be okay when he would never be able to fix them??

"Do you... want to bury him?" ....No. No no no! Not yet. Suddenly the Snivy's heart started to race with a burst of panic. He had to do that with Violet, and now he was being forced to say goodbye to Verglas too? It was too soon, too raw, too unreal to be happening again. Clenching his teeth saliva dripped from the corners of his mouth as he gagged from his own sobbing. It should have been him.

Without thinking the Snivy spun around, his tail spending a spray of leaves forward as he stood on unsteady legs. His eyes blazed, ready to defend again but he was spent and his blurred vision darkened even further until he wobbled heavily on his short feet. Hissing through his teeth Plant held the stance for only a few moments before his legs gave out and he fell back. The sudden touch of Verglas' body sent chills through his back. He was so.. cold, unnaturally so even for him. Tilting his head back the child gave his battered form another look. Even though he was rotten and more plant than animal Plant knew that even he would attract undead. They had seen it enough times to be sure.. The Snivy wanted and knew they would have to bury him, but so soon..?

Shifting his eyes away from Verglas the serpent looked around the clearing. It was chewed up and muddy, with blood and clumps of grass littering the ground. At one point it was probably nice, but now? Its a murder scene. Wiping the snot from his face Plant sniffled with his eyes still locked on the ground and away from Kaneki's. "Not here.." he mumbled weakly. "Somewhere else.. Somewhere nice."
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:31 pm

||32 | 32||
    Hide watched with a smirk as Alirah struggled to explain a pun, giggling behind a paw, tail swishing back and forth in amusement. “Hush, Hide, it didn’t backfire. The idea is just… um… just give me a minute, will ya?” Of course, her snark was only waved off as the Riolu continued to giggle and snicker behind a paw, trying to muffle them. “It’s just kind of like a… a… You know, we should let Kaneki explain this in detail, he’s our designated pun guy!” Hide couldn't help it; he let out a loud snort and tried to cover his mouth again, but it was too late, the canine had fallen into laughter as he doubled over, clutching at his midsection.

"Oh yeah, sure, let him explain it because you won't admit that your idea for Conan to judge backfired, I see how it is." Hide joked, reaching over to gently poke Alirah's nose. "I'll accept your defeat, since I at least am a gracious winner." He teased with a wide grin, before looking to the little eevee kit.

“Yeah! Group hide and seek,” Ali looked to be happy for the idea of a group hide and seek, and Hide couldn't agree more. Now that this mess was over... maybe it would do them all some good, to relax with a fun group game. “And we’re gonna have a super great dinner too. Aaah, don’t mind me if I drool a little, okay?” The Riolu grinned at Ali's reaction, chuckling softly. Geez, she reminded him of Kaneki before he was attacked... he shook his head to get rid of that memory, leaning against a nearby box.

“I have a maaajor sweet tooth… if I have any say in it, we’re gonna find a way to make some cookies, even without an oven!” He rolled his eyes at Alirah's declaration, and he shook his head. "Geez, you're gonna give us all cavities, Ali. I know your intentions, you wicked, wicked Umbreon." He said, sticking his tongue out at the fox.

“I used to loooove these things, my girl called them macarons. They had ones that, if I were a cookie, I would look just like them-- tiny and pink! I wish I knew how to make them--” The Riolu jumped as Alirah cut herself off mid sentence, looking around in case something had gone wrong, “oh my gosh, what if Grimsley knows how to make them?” Hide let out a long sigh and relaxed again, rolling his eyes. Thats right, Grimsely was at the boutique, waiting for them...

"Can we make peanut butter cookies?" Conan's soft voice pulled his attention, and Hide blinked down at him, before he smiled. "We can try, buddy... I don't know if we can find all the ingredients, though..." He said,
    smiling as he looked out the window. "When will Kaneki come back Hide?" The Eevee's words made his face fall, and he let out a heavy sigh.

"I don't know... I hope he'll be back soon..."

Kaneki watched the young Snivy with a solemn, withdrawn look. It wasn't the first time he'd had to bury someone... it was just such a shame that these kids had to go though something as horrific as this. They didn't deserve this... to watch the person they cared so deeply about die in front of them, in their arms... Kaneki sighed and looked away, instead staring up at the sky, watching as those angry looking clouds slowly dispersed.

"Not here.." He glanced down at Plant as the child spoke up, swallowing hard, but nodding. Of course... here was crude, and detached... Verglas deserved somewhere nice, somewhere pretty to be buried. Kaneki looked around, sighing heavily. "Somewhere else.. Somewhere nice."

"Okay... What about the trees a little way from here? It's a really nice place... and the trees will shelter the... the grave..." He said softly, his voice low to pay his respects to the deceased. "I can... help you carry him..."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:27 am

Laverre City l Morning l (43)

The Umbreon’s head shook side to side, her jaw parting and the lower half trembling ever so slightly. Her eyes slammed shut and she couldn’t contain it anymore--

She sneezed.

Alirah wasted no time wiping her muzzle with her wrist and giving a stare to the Riolu, one of which would’ve incriminated her for ten felonies if someone was not familiar with the halo she donned day in and day out. He hadn’t noticed that, had he? It was a fight on the level of the Kalos war for the fox to prevent giving Hide the amusement of knowing his snoot-boop a few moments ago resulted in the fluffy vulpine sneezing like a tiny kit and nearly tumbling over. “Pollen!” She blurted in a tone slightly too loud considering the close distance between herself in her companions. She might’ve flushed pink upon realizing that if… well, she wasn’t pink already.

"Can we make peanut butter cookies?" Oh, Conan, you precious little lifesaver. She’d scour the world for the stuff to make those cookies it if saved her the metaphorical Cheri Berry on top of her embarrassment sundae.
    She settled on her haunches beside Conan, sweeping her tail along the floor behind her in amusement watching Hide interact with the child. "We can try, buddy... I don't know if we can find all the ingredients, though..."

“Aw, don’t be a Negative Nidoran,” she whined. Her wagging tail made a dull thunking sound on the floor behind her, making her fake holier-than-thou acting oh-so unrealistic. Still, quitters don’t get acting awards! “We’ll just use whatever we have. I mean, so what if we’re missing like… the white powdery stuff, flowers? Was it? It was gross anyways!” She tilted her nose over her shoulder, cutting an eye back mischievously, “Don’t ask how I know that… or how I know how long it takes to clean a kitchen that looks like Christmas in Snowbelle…”

She let out a huge yawn, pawing at the water biting at her eyes from the action. "When will Kaneki come back Hide?" Her ears perked. Had it really been that long? She must’ve lost track of the time…
    "I don't know... I hope he'll be back soon..."
    Alirah lay down, curling around Conan to observe the kit with his snack. Her eyes left the youngster for a moment, the air in the cafe a bit heavier than it was a moment before. “Me too,” she added. Conan didn’t know the hells this city had seen, but she shared the anxiety her Riolu buddy felt. Still, no need to worry Conan… “Say, Conan, will you be on my team during hide and seek? Pretty please?”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:05 am

Laverre City|Morning

The child unwrapped the snack seeing it was kind of small, but tasty looking candy inside. It wasn't rare candy, but it was a clear red color that had a berry on it. Conan put the candy in his mouth without knowing the flavor. A sudden taste of cheri had came in all at once. The eevee felt like it was a new favorite of his. Alirah said something, but the name escaped his mind. "We can try, buddy... I don't know if we can find all the ingredients, though..." It would be hard to make cookies if they don't have all the ingredients. “Aw, don’t be a Negative Nidoran,” She must of learned how to cook or something. If she was to say that then that would mean? Yes, peanut butter cookies can be made just like how ma and pa made them. Thought the memory did hurt, but hopefully he can hold onto his feelings long enough to make the cookies.“We’ll just use whatever we have. I mean, so what if we’re missing like… the white powdery stuff, flowers? Was it? It was gross anyways!” Why would people put flowers into cookies? Wouldn't that make it taste yucky?

Seeing Hide's face change to a sad look, the eevee was getting worried something had happened. "I don't know... I hope he'll be back soon..." That said, the child had felt a little scared that Kaneki got hurt or something. Alirah had seconded Hide's thought. “Me too,” For now they'll have to wait till he comes back. Alirah was trying to cheer up the mood in the cafe. Of course though she would ask Conan first since oddly Conan felt she was rather pretty to begin with. “Say, Conan, will you be on my team during hide and seek? Pretty please?” Now that's something he doesn't hear everyday. Team hide and seek sounds to easy, but it could be fun so why not.

While they waited, Conan looked at Alirah who was curled up around him. It kind of conjured up some memories of his ma. Always so protective of him as a mother should be. Some tears managed to escape from him holding back. Another piece of candy can cure that quickly. Getting another piece out of his bag, he unwrapped it and this time it was sitrus flavored. "Its so yummy, I wanna have more." The sitrus flavor just made everything a whole lot better. Juicy flavors just filling every taste bud making it worth the treat it was made to be. Looking up at a sign he seen a thing that looked like a tube except it had eggs and other things in it. "Alirah? Hide? What's that thing that has the eggs wrapped up in?" Knowing not of certain foods, the eevee's curiosity got the best of him and thusly questions was being asked. "I wanna be on your team Alirah. Maybe we can play outside when the sun is up still." Hide and Seek was more fun outdoors than it was indoors, but the night however was to dangerous. Looking at a window, there was some small puffy clouds lazily drifting about. He wondered if his ma and pa are watching over him.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:17 pm

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 67

Even as Plant spoke those words, and knew that was what must be done, he could hardly registrar what he was saying. To leave Verglas, to bury him and be separated forever? The very idea made his slipping conscious wane even further. How could he even suggest such a thing? "Okay... What about the trees a little way from here? It's a really nice place... and the trees will shelter the... the grave..." Kaneki's words were about as broken as his own. Did he truly care of them..? Plant's eyes stared dimly at the Snover's cold, bloodied, broken body. If people cared.. they wouldn't have done this.
    Sniffling, he gave the weakest nod possible. Together, they had buried Violet in a similar place, but this was not familiar territory. This was not the snowy mountain his brother always spoke of, or the stone city and forested route he was born upon. This was a damp, dull city, full of violence, brokenness, and sorrow.

With trembling fingers Plant reached for Verglas' arm, and tried to prepare himself for the unceremonious task of dragging his brother to his resting place. His small fingers wrapped around the cold limb and lifted it gingerly. It was surprisingly easy, to which the child had to do a double take to realize it was the arm that had been separated. With a small gasp he froze, dropping the arm with a sad thud back into the darkened mud. Plant's lip quivered, eyes going wide with despair and he could do nothing but stare until Kaneki's voice stirred him. "I can... help you carry him..."

A few more heartbeats passed before he could take a small, gasping breath and regain himself. Reaching for the arm again Plant nestled it gently in his short arms before whimpering, "P-ple-ease." The Snover was bigger than him, and heavier. Pushing was hard enough, but dragging would be.. He deserves a better brother... At least the Spectreon could be helpful for his least request.

With a deep breath and rough swallow Plant started to move. His entire body felt numb, sluggish and heavy as he struggled with each step. The Mightyena must have done a number in its few hits, but any pain was blocked in a medley of shock and grief. The copse seemed impossibly far away, but the Snivy continued forward with an almost zombie like stagger, his mind distant.

When he finally reached them the ever growing sorrow was met with a new sadness. There was grass here, thankfully, and it was sheltered like Kaneki said, but it did not give the air of home, peace, or happiness. Extending his vines Plant started to dig, but this soil was not like that at home. The rain had turned the already swampy, marshy ground into thick brown mud. It was.. gross, and sad. Each scoop he removed from the pitiful grave flattened out into a puddle beside it, and any indentation he made filled with sliding mud. It was just pathetic. Tears dribbled down his checks and mixed with any oozing saliva and snot as he started to sob anew. Clucking the limb tighter as Plant tried to dig with all the effort he could muster, but small stones and stems made the job even harder when he finally made some sort of dip in the ground. Can't I do anything right for him?!
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:37 am

||33 | 33||
    The Riolu glanced over to Alirah when he heard the sneeze, blinking owlishly at her. Was that...? Wait, did he cause that, with his poke? Hide snorted, covering his mouth to silence his little giggles. “Pollen!” Slowly raising one eyebrow, Hide hummed. "Uh huh, sure it was, Ali." He teased with a little grin, tail wagging back and forth to show his amusement.

He looked back out to the window, his smile falling as he tuned out the others, frowning. Where was Kaneki...? Was he okay? What had happened to Plant and Verglas? Were they in trouble...? He wanted to go out and find him, to see if they were hurt. What if they had been attacked, and now Kaneki was laying out in the road, slowly dying? The canine bit his lib, chewing it worriedly. "Damn it Kaneki... where are you..."

“Say, Conan, will you be on my team during hide and seek? Pretty please?” His chocolate gaze glanced back at the two, and he tried a little smile, but couldn't manage it. He was too worried about the Spectreon. He tuned the others out again,
    tail swaying slowly as he stared out towards where Kaneki had last disappeared to.

Kaneki watched as Plant picked up the arm, his gaze sad and solemn. The Spectreon stood, taking a few steps to where the Snover's body lay. Try to carry him would be heartbreaking... If not for him,
    then most definitely for his brother, who had to bury the little grass and ice type. "P-ple-ease." As Plant gave him the go ahead, Kaneki nodded slowly, going over to Verglas's body.

Laying down, Kaneki nosed the body gently, not wanting to pick him up in his mouth for fear of infection. Instead he maneuvered his shoulders and paws, nosing the body until he could wriggle under it and situate the Snover's body along his shoulders and back. Looking back to make sure he was in place, Kaneki carefully picked his way through the blood-drenched mud and followed after Plant.

As they reached the little alcove, Kaneki looked down at the little grassy pile. It was almost sad, that this was all they could do for the Snivy's brother. Swallowing hard, Kaneki knelt, gently letting Verglas's body slide from his shoulders. He watched as Plant struggled to dig the hole, and his heart ached for the little grass type. Swallowing hard, Kaneki stepped forwards, scraping at the ground with a paw. He didn't know Dig... but he could at least still dig a little hole for Verglas.

"Here... let me help..." He said softly, moving to the hole and starting to dig with his front paws, scooping the mud out from that hollow in thick, heavy globs. He made himself a little bank to stop the mud from sliding back in, his claws cutting down through the roots and soil below that heavy layer of mud. "I'm sorry, Plant... this shouldn't... it shouldn't have happened... you didn't deserve to feel this loss..."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:58 am

Laverre City l Morning l (43)

"Its so yummy, I wanna have more."
    Alirah giggled softly at Conan’s candy induced delight. Was he planning on eating the entire package? I think I’m supposed to tell him not to ruin his dinner… She mused inwardly. Nah. She wasn’t a stick in the mud. An Umbreon in the mud, maybe… At least most of it had dried and flaked off.

Alirah’s ears perked at the pausing of Conan’s chewing sounds. "Alirah? Hide? What's that thing that has the eggs wrapped up in?" Her eyes fell onto Hide in concern when the Riolu had nothing to chime in. She sighed softly, a little sadly at his increasing worry, which was becoming hers too. The snowball of an Umbreon turned back to Conan and hummed, “You mean… the egg cartons?” She blinked, a small smile pulling at her lips. “They help the eggs not break. It’s really messy and gross if they do, eggs are definitely better in cookies than on the floor~”

"I wanna be on your team Alirah. Maybe we can play outside when the sun is up still." Conan suggested-- that wasn’t a bad idea. With a scout or two keeping their eyes peeled for danger, why couldn’t they play in a small area of town? If the world could deprive them a simple game, it wasn’t much of a world for anyone to live in, especially a youngster. “That sounds fun,” she replied, forcing a tiny-toothed grin, “we should go find a bunch of hiding places when Kaneki comes back with Plant and Verglas.”

((if Conan wasn't talking about egg cartons, let me know and i’ll edit it haha.))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:35 pm

Laverre City|Morning

Looking at the board still, the normal type wondered if that could be made. “You mean… the egg cartons?” He wasn't sure if that was an egg carton. Yet, Alirah did explain to him what an egg carton does. It was nice to know what his humans once carried before the dead came back to life. “They help the eggs not break. It’s really messy and gross if they do, eggs are definitely better in cookies than on the floor~” Sounds like the cookies could be even yummier with eggs in them. The eevee settled down waiting for Kaneki to come back. Hide seemed to be watching and waiting for the spectreon to return. The child didn't want to distract him if that was the case. Instead he looked right back at the board again. Again the eggs wrapped with other meats vexed him on what it was. The only thing he could remember what it was something that humans have for breakfast.

Alirah had agreed to what Conan had said. “That sounds fun,” Yay, now if the others was wanting to play outside as well then it'll be a play date. Perhaps some fun with Kaneki would be requested. That was if he was wanting to do it. “we should go find a bunch of hiding places when Kaneki comes back with Plant and Verglas.” That would be even better. Plant and Verglas can join in on the fun. It'll be the best play date to come. Hopefully it doesn't rain again though. Storms can be as scary as any undead when the thunder is really loud. Sudden cracks of thunder could even make him jump if he was taking a light nap. For now it looked nice outside so no need to worry on that. Conan looked out a window that was filthy, but just enough to see some shades of leaves lightly dancing through the sunlit window. 

Watching the shadows of the leaves continue to dance, the eevee wondered if they can play in the leaves if there was enough time. When his parents was still alive, they let him play in the leaves when there was time to do so. Since then he hasn't had a chance to play in the leaves. "Can we play in the leaves if the sun is still up Alirah?" Certainly it wouldn't hurt, but he knows all to well to stay away from shifting piles of leaves. Not to many other pokemon like being bounced on. "The leaves are pretty when they dance in the wind." As it was, the child was distracted by the leaf shadows again. It was almost whimsical to him since Conan was usually being trained by his father. A little dust off the floor had pushed up as Conan stepped a little closer to the window causing him to make a light sneeze. The cafe must of been a little dirty from being untouched for a long time. Something then caught the child's eye. A prism of different colors had shined onto the wall by the counter. "That's pretty. Alirah, I found something pretty to show you." Conan said running back to Alirah to go show her what he seen.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 68

The hole, if he could even call it that, grew slightly but kept blocking him at every turn. Wrapping his vines around an exposed root Plant tried to snap and tug it out of the grave, but the green shoot just bowed and bent under his force. He twisted harder, and while it splinted it did not break. Every root was the same way; they gained jagged edges that cut his vines but did not break off from the main parts. He winced as another nicked him, and red drops of his blood started to dot the mud but quickly merged into the sludge. Pulling his vines away as they shook with pain the Snivy took just a moment to catch his breath when Kaneki offered, "Here... let me help..."

He was in no position to refuse, his shallow dip a pitiful achievement compared to Kaneki's work after only a few pawfuls. The much larger Pokemon's strong claws chewed up the mud and roots in ways he could not, and while it was not instant the Spectreon was able to dig out something that resembled a grave after only a short while. Plant stared on in silence. This was nice, relative to the previous area, but still a sad sight. We put Violet somewhere beautiful. Verglas did most the work then, he bared the brunt of that burden, and now that it was his turn this was the best Plant could do? He sniffled roughly, trying to fight back the shame and guilt that threatened to drown him. Yeah, this was the best he could do.

And then, it was time. Verglas' body tumbled weakly in to the grave, the mud giving a wet thump like a large stone had fallen on it and not a creature. Plant stared at the hole, sizing it up with large, unblinking eyes as his arms clutched the remaining limb tightly. Verglas didn't deserve to be here, in some dirty hole, alone. He didn't deserve to be taken away from the sun, so far from home in broken pieces, where only moss and mushrooms would grow. I can't leave him. With his vines too tender Plant crawled gently into the hole to place the arm down. It fell from his hands, the bound scarf it had coming undone and catching on his small fingers, but Plant paid it no mind. He realized that he much was smaller than Verglas and could curl up with him without the need of a deeper hole, much like they used to sleep. He'd be a piece of home, something familiar, and wouldn't be leaving him alone. Of all the things he could do, that would be the kindest...

On his next breath the Snivy knew he would not be allowed to do that- Kaneki or any creature would not allow him to intentionally bury himself alive even if it was his desire. He climbed out of the hole, a small slosh of mud trailing from his feet that he longed to follow. It felt so cold and cruel, he should be shielding Verglas from it with everything he had. With a choking sob Plant spun in a tight circle and released a storm of Magical Leaves above the hole. The shimmering leaves drifted downward, their purple coloring fading to that of a normal green as they coated the Snover in a makeshift shroud. If Plant couldn't personally stay with him at least a part of him could.

"I'm sorry, Plant... this shouldn't... it shouldn't have happened... you didn't deserve to feel this loss..." The Spectreon's words stuck something within him and made his heart thud. It wasn't anything new, he had been thinking about it for a while, but it wasn't like any of the Pokemon in this town knew about it. "It's not the first time," he said solemnly, his tiny fingers squeezing the once green scarf as he pushed over some of the mud with the thick part of his tail. Of course, he had prayed it would be the last. "We buried my mother together, back at home." The spot got plenty of sunlight, had lots of flowers, and even the gentle shade of a tree for hot days. It was beautiful, and Verglas should have been buried beside her.

It was a strange thing to say aloud, a burden he had done but never really talked about outside of Verglas who always remained stalwart on the matter. That, and his heritage in general was never a matter of conversation, nor did he want it to be, yet Plant could not stop himself as he started to sob through his words. "We had just met, but Violet taught me what family was.. what it meant to have someone care about and love you.." A wet thunk bumped against his eardrums as more mud fell into the hole and the shape of the Snover faded beneath it. His breath grew faster, and words more mumbled as more fluid seeped from his face. "When she was gone Verglas took care of me. He was family, all that mattered... all I had left... "

Shifting a couple of the stones that had been dug up into a small stack the shaking Snivy could barely see beyond his tears. He trembled with not only cold but so much emotion that he could barely stand. Clenching his teeth Plant stared with painfully wide eyes at the small collection of stones. "And now he's gone.." Pain thumped against his chest with each heartbeat, like it was crying from inside him. The child could neither look up nor blink as he whined. "Before I met them I lived a-alone in a world of stone.. and.. I found two beautiful flowers.... but both-h of my flowers d-died... cause I c-couldn't.. pr-rotect-t th-hem.."

Verglas was gone. He was gone. Forever. Beneath gross mud and rocks.
    He had died under his care. He died before the mission was complete. He had failed.
    And now, he was... alone..

Collapsing, Plant's shoulders hunched heavily as he cried and wailed beneath the tree. Unable to hold back his tears fell freely into the sodden ground, his cold body trembling in excess. The Snivy had been born alone and lived that way for so long, and returning to it should have been fluid. But things were different now. He had learned of things he had been missing in life and longed to understand, and when they were lost they had taken parts of his soul along with them. "I-I-I... c-couldn-n't... do anything f-for them."
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:08 am

((OOC: Skip for now))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:21 am

Laverre City l Morning l (44)

"Can we play in the leaves if the sun is still up Alirah?" Aw. Was there ever going to be a point she could refuse if Conan always asked like that? Well… as long as his safety wasn’t compromised. Ali hummed in confirmation, “Sure! If the sun does go down too soon, we always have tomorrow.” The cycle of day and night was one of the few things promised in the world now. Another was death, but that fact was practically being repressed by the cotton candy Umbree at this point.

She stretched her unfavorably short legs, filling the air with a quiet scratching sound as she drew them back and dug her claws into the floor. "The leaves are pretty when they dance in the wind." Ali nodded at the Eevee in silent agreement. Her eyes followed the kit over to the window where the said leaves were passing by on the light Laverre breeze. Conan’s tiny paws kicked up some long-settled dust on the cafe floor, sending the kit into a sneeze. “Bless you,” she said.

Her eyes fell shut for a moment, for once having nothing but peace to fill her ears. This was how Laverre should’ve been. The city once captivated her with it’s everpresent atmosphere making every second feel like something out of a fairy tale. Her musing stopped abruptly at a set of paws drumming her way. Her eyes flicked open, watching the kit padding her way. "That's pretty. Alirah, I found something pretty to show you."
    She hopped to her feet immediately, tilting her head at the beaming Conan curiously. “You did?” She waved her tail playfully, waiting for the kit’s direction. “I wanna see!”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Laverre City|Morning

In his excitement, Conan really wanted to show Alirah the dancing leaves. He hasn't had this much excitement in days since his parents died. Alirah then responded to Conan in a playful voice. “You did?” Conan couldn't contain his excitement any further after hearing what Alirah said next. “I wanna see!” A sudden burst of happiness came out of him and it was even noticeable by his voice as well. "Yay!" Though when he looked at Hide, he wondered if he would like to come as well. The eevee ran over to Hide wondering if he would like to see the thing that he seen. "Do you wanna come as well Hide?" It wouldn't hurt if he didn't want to. Hide might be waiting for Kaneki to come back. With that, he ran back over to Alirah and started to lead her to where the window was that he seen the leaves dancing. The child was hopping in excitement to see what Alirah would find. It was going to be a happy day with the fun things in store.

The thoughts and happiness that Conan had was all innocent, but he knew there was the undead out there that want to hurt anyone they could. He was a little ahead of Alirah, but he waited for her to catch up before leading her further in. "This way Alirah, its over here." He was hopping around happily waiting for her to catch up. Hopefully she'll like it. It was alway nice to see leaves dance in the wind when it came to windy days. Though the eevee wasn't sure how the wind pushes the leaves like that, it was always fun to watch them dance with the sunlight beaming down through the window. "Isn't it pretty Alirah? My ma and pa always sat by me when the leaves danced in the sunlight." He sat down watching the leaves dance through the window as he waited for Alirah to sit by him.

OoC)) short post.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:07 pm

((Skip this round, he's just mourning.))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:33 am

||34 | 34||
    Hide was half listening to what was going on behind him, but his focus was on the window, looking out the door with a worried expression. The Riolu bit his lip, his tail swaying slowly in concern. The canine's ears were perked upright, straining to hear anything he could, eyes peeled, on the lookout for his beau. Where are you, 'Neki..?

"Can we play in the leaves if the sun is still up Alirah?" His gaze flicked back to Conan and Alirah, managing a small smile at the two. He may be worried, but... that didn't mean he had to drag the others down with him. At least Conan was still being cheery and bouncy. The childish antics were... refreshing.

“Sure! If the sun does go down too soon, we always have tomorrow.” Hide chuckled softly, looking up at the morning sun.

"I think we'll have enough time, guys. The sun's only just come up." He said, his voice tinted with amusement as he managed to get out a little laugh at the two.

Returning his gaze to the window, Hide lent up against it, chocolate brown eyes watching the paths around them. He was still too tired to use his aura sensing... but perhaps he should use that, to find Kaneki, Plant and Verglas... "The leaves are pretty when they dance in the wind." Conan's little comment drew his attention to the leaves blowing past from the wind. He watched one go past, before looking up at the sky. There were a few stray clouds... but nothing out of ordinary.

The sound of a sneeze made Hide jump, having not been paying attention to what was going on. His head snapped around to give Conan a little stare, before he smiled with a soft laugh. “Bless you,” He hummed as Alirah commented on it, shaking his head with a soft laugh. He was too jumpy... he had to calm down.

He sighed heavily, leaning against the windowsill. He closed his eyes, but still kept his ears perked up, listening to the sound of grass and leaves swaying back and forth. "Do you wanna come as well Hide?" Opening his eyes, Hide looked back, glancing between Conan and the outside of the house.

"Ah... I'm fine, Conan. I want to make sure I don't miss when Kaneki gets back.." He said, giving Conan a little smile. "Thank you, though..."

Kaneki listened quietly, his head bowed as he looked at the grave, moving to start scooping mud into the grave once Plant had placed Verglas in to the little hollow. "It's not the first time," His red and silver gaze looked down at the grave, shutting his eyes to let out a long, heavy sigh. He was... tired of burying friends, and people he was supposed to protect. He'd told Alirah that he would keep them safe, and now another person was dead, because he couldn't do his fucking job.

"We buried my mother together, back at home." His mother, huh? That was a painfully familiar feeling, and his chest ached at the thought of his own mother, and what happened to her. Kaneki breathed in deeply, continuing to scrape mud into the little grave. "We had just met, but Violet taught me what family was.. what it meant to have someone care about and love you.." he swallowed hard, the story painfully familiar to his own. After his mother had died... Hide was the one who taught him how to care for someone again, first as friends, and then... He swallowed hard, looking over at Plant with a soft sigh.

"When she was gone Verglas took care of me. He was family, all that mattered... all I had left... " His ears flicked slowly as he listened to each wet splat of the mud hitting the bottom of the grave. It was a terribly familiar sound, one that caused an ache to appear in Kaneki's chest, and he winced, sighing heavily and looking away from the grave, instead focusing up on the sky, thankful that it'd at least cleared up.

"And now he's gone.." Kaneki looked down at Plant, moving to sit closer to the little grass type, his eyes tilted down and his head filled with sorrow. "Before I met them I lived a-alone in a world of stone.. and.. I found two beautiful flowers.... but both-h of my flowers d-died... cause I c-couldn't.. pr-rotect-t th-hem.." A world of stone? The Spectreon hummed a soft tune, twin tails swaying slowly."I-I-I... c-couldn-n't... do anything f-for them."

"While I... may not relate in the same sense... I can understand the pain." He admitted softly, looking down at the ground. "When I was still an Eevee, just a kit... my mother died. Overworked herself trying to provide for me, and my family. She was already sick... and one day he body just... gave out." He looked at his paws, looking over the mud caked over the black fur.

"I lived with my family after that... but they weren't really family, not with how they treated me. Most days I either starved or had to find my own food. It was Hide who finally helped me, and showed me that I did still have family, just not in those who were blood related." He said, smiling a little at the thought of the nicer times, before the ring.

"But... Hide and I got separated at one point. I was thrown into a fighting ring, still a kit, while he was tossed away. I escaped the ring and... well, evolved, before meeting him again." He shifted a little looking at the little glittering leaves adorning the grave site. "As I said... it's not the same... but I understand the feeling, of burying someone close to your heart..."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:34 am

Laverre City l Morning l (45)

"Yay!" The kit’s burst of excitement brought a wide grin to Ali’s face. Maybe it was selfish, but she kinda wanted to take credit for Conan having a reason to smile right then. He scrambled across the cafe floor to Hide’s side - the entire way the pink Umbreon worrying he would crash into something, luckily he didn’t - and gazed up to the Riolu with hopeful cocoa eyes. "Ah... I'm fine, Conan. I want to make sure I don't miss when Kaneki gets back.." She kind of expected that response, and she couldn’t blame him. "Thank you, though..." She gave a smile back to Hide, that one she wore often now - forcing her muscles to give the illusion her mind wasn’t twinged with worry and some sadness. It always bled through onto her features and this one was no exception.

Conan had already begun hauling butt and she paced to catch up. Striding by Hide, Alirah called softy, “I bet they’re on their way back now, friend,” and gave a soft, half smile before padding off in the direction Conan was calling from. "This way Alirah, its over here."
    The Eevee was bouncing in place excitedly as she caught up to him. Gosh, that sugar was already kicking in, wasn’t it? He moved to just below a window where the morning sun trickled in brightly, showing small particles of dust from the old cafe as they floated by. "Isn't it pretty Alirah? My ma and pa always sat by me when the leaves danced in the sunlight."

Imagining his parents once being by him and seeing him sit by his lonesome simultaneously tugged at her heartstrings and plunged a dull blade into her said heart. She didn’t hesitate to settle beside him, curling her bushy tail all the way around his tiny form and covering his paws with an abundance of pink fluff. “It’s beautiful, Conan,” she purred as her eyes followed a particular leaf on the breeze until it went out of sight, then found another to fix her gaze on. “If you ever want to watch the leaves with someone, you can always ask me,” Alirah assured the kit. “Even if I’m asleep, just poke me until I wake up, okay? That also goes for if you need anything at all, sweetheart.” She wasn’t the kit’s mother, but she would take up the responsibilities in a heartbeat if it meant he had a parental figure to look to.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:07 pm

Laverre City|Morning

"Ah... I'm fine, Conan. I want to make sure I don't miss when Kaneki gets back.." Hide's words had sank in his head telling him that Kaneki is still with Plant. Hopefully they're okay. The wind continued to gently blow on the leaves as the shadows danced ever so gracefully. The memory of his parents had always been there in his mind. Somehow he was keeping it in as long as could. What would Alirah think if he broke down? A sudden feeling of something touching his paws had got his attention. “It’s beautiful, Conan,” The child looked at Alirah as she was watching a leaf gently fly past the window. What she said next had made him feel as if she was going to take care of him. “If you ever want to watch the leaves with someone, you can always ask me,” This made Conan feel happy that he could have someone watch the leaves dance with him. The feeling he had was enough to tell him that Alirah would look out for him. “Even if I’m asleep, just poke me until I wake up, okay? That also goes for if you need anything at all, sweetheart.” It felt like he finally found a mother figure to love.

Conan watched the leaves continue to dance then he put his head against Alirah with some love. "I wonder if Kaneki and Plant are seeing the leaves dance as well." It would be nice to see them come back and watch the leaves with him. Yet he was worried that something was amiss. What it was though he couldn't say for sure. Maybe a father figure would be the missing in his life since his real father had died along with his mother. "Alirah? Do you think Kaneki would be my pa if I needed one?" Assuming that if he was able to take that role. Being alone does have some negative effects on the mind if left alone for a week. Hopefully the day comes that he could have a family again that would be able to protect him from the undead if they tried to scare him. The undead are pretty scary when it comes to being face to face with them. The eevee wondered if Verglas would be safe.

OoC)) Short post.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Laverre City || Morning || Plant 69

Plant sobbed, the breathes coming in short, broken gasps as he sat shaking. His mind was overcome with grief but what made it worse was the pain in his body. Beyond the stinging, burning, and freezing sensations from the mud the Snivy's small form was wrought with desolate nothingness. Inside he was cold and numb, just a hollow space unable to feel. It was a void, such an overwhelming sense of emptiness that he could not handle. For all it lacked however, the emotion spoke one thing very clearly; he had failed.
    He had failed. He had failed. He had failed. He had failed... and there was nothing more he could do. It was over. There was no going back, no do overs, no second chances. Everything they had worked for meant nothing and could never be finished. The child practically choked on his own mucus as he cried, his small fingers knotting around the cloth in his hands. WHY?! Why did they have to take Verglas? What did he do wrong? What did Violet do, to anyone?! Why did the people he loved have to die??!! "Verr..rrr.rr..." He moaned but the name was cut off by intense dry heaving.

He was losing it. Without the energy to even panic Plant let the rapid breaths and painful muscle spasms take him to the point he thought he would black out. Kaneki started to speak but Plant could not hear. He was behind glass, drowned out by a roaring torrent of white noise and an abyss of grief. Was it concern? No.. It was something about someone dying, he thought, but beneath his own pain he could feel nothing else. Why tell him that when he was already in mourning? But as the Spectreon continued and his voice came through to the Snivy the message started to change.

Kaneki and Hide were blood brothers too? Was that common? He didn't run into too many families, but he also had no point of reference for family set up. Why did he call the rest family if they weren't nice? What was 'the ring' thing? Plant had no idea what that meant, but context told him it was not good. When the Spectreon finished the child still wasn't sure what to say, but the rush of questions had managed to calm his breathing back to woeful sobs. It was nice that Kaneki had found someone, and that they found each other again. He was a good guy and deserved such, but that wasn't the parting message the grass type had landed on. You lost family too. His mother, was it? Hide had been taken away from him for a time as well. The ring sounded bad, and people were mean to him. Mean to a nice Pokemon...

For a few seconds Plant was completely silent. He had suffered a great deal, but he was not the only one. Kaneki had suffered, as did his mother. Hide had suffered. Violet and Verglas suffered for no reason. Rio had suffered. The Raticate had suffered far too long. What about Alirah, and Conan? No doubt they had as well. With his energy spent and vision fading the child managed to utter one more sentence as he slumped to the side curled in the fetal position. "This world is cruel.." He should have felt the hit of the cold ground but instead there was only the comforting dark of nothingness.

((Plant has blacked out, feel free to move him. It should be pretty short, maybe even next round, so I won't go on Idle.))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:52 am