Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

Agent-A the Pikachu (BURNED Team)

Agent-ASAP
    Agent-ASAP
    Rookie
    Rookie

Agent-A the Pikachu (BURNED Team) Empty Agent-A the Pikachu (BURNED Team)

Post by Agent-ASAP Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:37 pm

Agent-A the Pikachu (BURNED Team) 025

Name - "Agent-A" (also known as Agent, Agent-Ace, or simply Ace)

Quote of The Day - "I don't know what in Arceus's name is going on...--
    but I'm not gonna let my own fear consume me & my feelings whole."

Text Color- Orange

Items On Hand-
    - Light Ball {x's 1} (Doubles his Sp. Attack & Attack when held)
    - Silk Scarf {x's 1} (Boosts the power of Normal-type moves by 10%, and feels soft to the touch).

Gender- Male

Age- 20

Species- #025 Mouse Pokémon

Height-  1'08''

Weight- 91.8 lbs

Pokédex Entry- It keeps its tail raised to monitor its surroundings. If you yank its tail, it will try to bite you. (Pokémon Yellow)

Level- 25

Ability- Static (30% chance of inducing paralysis to contact-move users.)

Nature- Hasty (+Speed, -Defense)

Characteristic- Alert To Sounds (31 Speed IVs)

Moves-
    - Volt Tackle {Egg Move}
    - Quick Attack {Level Up}
    - Iron Tail {Learned from Hoenn tutor}
    - Double Team {Level Up}

History- Being born to a Raichu and a shiny Sawsbuck approximately two decades and a year'n'one-half ago within the famed Goldenrod City of Johto, Ace was apart of an apparently long history of "Pokemon Guardians" that somehow were linked to the "Aura Family" of Sinnoh, Johto, and the respective landmarks that connected them together-- which are the Hall of Origin, and the Sinjoh Ruins.
    Likewise... despite taking more after his father genetically-wise (bar species evolution-line), he's not as strong of a fighter as he wishes he were... which is probably a result due to his more, tactical approach in terms of actual combat-- of course this is largely one of the main reasons why his self-confidence is quite shallow... but that's also a method the 'Chu believes "will discipline himself to not appear or look selfish by any way possible"-- but of course, it's also a developed pride, with pride being just another thing he inherited from his father's side.
    As far as that goes, when he's not using actual techniques related to the mechanics of Pokemon battling... he prefers to be on the physical side, using both air combos and ground assault ("Close Combat", one could say)-- the downside being that his only ranged hitbox lies within the use of his tail-- for he doesn't use projectiles or anything like that (most of the time), preferring to instead use his own Speed and maneuverability to remain up-close, although this strategy still has its flaws either way, given his short stature... and lackluster tolerance to pain and damage-receiving (a reference to a Pikachu's low defensive stats). Of course, mentioning such things is quite a funny coincidence-- for he tends to believe in the path of "good things", while refusing to accept or acknowledge anything referencing him to being a "hero-type" of any sort, regardless of the situation at hand.. er, paw, in this case-- likewise, he battles with caution at all time... or prefers to "keep on his toes", as one might say-- neither is he very fond of landing critical hits with his own attacks, oddly finding them to be "cheap" or "nothing but pure luck".

Of course, he's also quite flashy... and tends to enjoy showing off, mostly for the benefit of appearing as a means of... "positive entertainment" to others (perhaps as an effort to make himself feel less self-conscious about his poor social prowess) and in a way, to have his time in the spot-light. This also means he's not one to just grab attention out of the blue-- for having a slightly meticulous mindset, his... persay, "strategies", are planned out like a comic book-- only with neutral results intended, which is why he does tend to expect the results to "go out of proportion", or in most cases-- "not having things turn out the way they had been intended to"-- likewise, he's extremely perceptive... this being a positive setback inherited from his uncle, who is an Arcanine by the name of Valor, although like his father, the boy and his uncle rarely get the chance to meet up (funny how it all adds up, isn't it?)-- and with that perception comes an extremely curiosity-driven mind... and the slight ability to notice things most would not-- perhaps also why he enjoys ridiculing brain teaser books, and solving puzzles as quickly as possible (jig-saw pieces do not interest him in the slightest, however-- neither do time-attack puzzles such as with the Kalos Region's... certain PSS minigame).
    Regarding how well he does interact with other Pokemon, however, his only real dislike in them type-wise... would be others of his evolution line, and a slight... nervous stance around Ghost types (due to a personal event of trauma that occurred eight years ago... and involved a rather enraged Giratina looking for a stolen "Griseous Orb" in the wrong region, as the Chu would soon discover later on during the events of Sinnoh's legendary clash)-- but it is quite amusing to consider that he'd fear Ghost types even considering a frightening run-in with a Giratina at Lavender Town... for his only natural type-weakness would be Ground-type attacks, and their respective Pokemon being immune to his own Electric-type moves (then again, he tends to be a bit more... bold and brash around Ground-types).

Of course, ever since he was a child... he found himself highly fascinated by the large variety of Flying-type Pokemon-- and how humans had been able to make hangliders, kites, airplanes, and more... just from sheer inspiration-- and with Gym Leaders like Falkner, Skyla, and Winona to peak his interests in the Flying types even further-- the 'Chu found himself practically intrigued with them-- especially considering how odd it was that so many non-Flying types had access to moves such as Fly... and yet, Pokemon like Gyarados having limited access to any move-types (Bounce being the only Flying type move that can be thought of on hand that Gyarados has access to legitimately) did also boggle him-- but it was that very same mysterious atmosphere that lead him to enjoying the company of Flying type Pokemon and their strange diversity as a whole (as a matter of fact, the first Pokemon he befriended was a Pidgey).
    Likewise, he's also very willing to learn what he can about himself, the world around him... and other worlds, as he has visited other lands in the past (usually under undiscovered or overall "mysterious" circumstances)-- especially given that trivial things like his ridiculous sweet-tooth urge, fascination for magic and ancient lore... and overall infeasible drive to just keep his mind occupied, are all key factors that keep him moving and energized nearly at all times (which probably also explains his extreme impatience and tendency to become bored quite easily). Of course, he hardly even remembers who his mother was-- or as to what species of Pokemon she was... although he has some quite obvious ideas.

Appearance- Ace is a Pikachu, which is a short, chubby rodent Pokémon. It is covered in yellow fur, and its ears are long and pointed with black tips. It has a small mouth, brown eyes, and two red circles on its cheeks. There are pouches inside its cheeks where it stores electricity. Its forearms are short, with five fingers on each paw, and its feet have three toes. It has two brown stripes on its back, and its tail is in the shape of a lightning bolt with a patch of brown fur at the base. A female will have a V-shaped notch at the end of its tail. It is classified as a quadruped, but it has been known to stand and walk on its hind legs. The anime has shown that Pikachu sometimes travel in groups. It raises its tail to check its surroundings, and is occasionally struck by lightning in this position. Living in forested areas, Pikachu is found foraging for berries it roasts with electricity to make them tender enough to eat. It has been observed eating and sometimes destroying telephone poles, wires, and other electronic equipment. Pikachu is able to release electric discharges of varying intensity. Pikachu has been known to build up energy in its glands, and will need to discharge to avoid complications. It is also able to release energy through its tail, which acts as a grounding rod, as well as recharging fellow Pikachu with electric shocks. Pikachu can also electrify itself to use its signature move, Volt Tackle. When threatened, it looses electric charges from its sacs, and a group can build and cause lightning storms. It is found mostly in forests, where a sure sign that Pikachu inhabits a location is patches of burnt grass.

Personality- To begin with, it is not a simple task to describe an aspiring Pikachu such as the one being mentioned here, and thus it is with heavy knowledge that one must know of Ace's impatience, daring sense of adventure, and just sheer longing to have a good time with friends and allies alike! That said, he's generally quite easy to get along with, appearing to be almost entirely social (despite his large modesty forcing him to argue otherwise) and he's easily described as common-place and friendly around others.. although what is not easy to see is his tendency to shy out of situations he deems uncomfortable or otherwise a waste of time in his mind. He will usually proceed to either back out physically (on all fours) or by attempting to change a subject.. as for battling and how it goes; he honestly has seen quite the amount of traumatizing events.. even though only a few of them have managed to scar his mentality, and even so he prefers to honestly.. avoid conflict in general, unless one were to strike a blow at his pride.. and even then, he has enough self-discipline to usually.. just disregard incompetence, arrogance, and other negative aspects along those lines.

However, should one manage to anger him past his friendly profile, it is quite difficult to calm the 'Chu down.. for with his abundant energy, comes a great amount of adrenaline.. and as such, he does his best to avoid becoming infuriated past his usual boundaries.. as horrible fates have happened to some.. former friends of his in the past. Nevertheless, Ace is very outgoing, usually (if not always) optimistic, and just outright positive-thinking about life, even with his downsides to consider, namely his ego that can sometimes go out of control, or his tendency to become reckless when impatient with certain situations and scenarios that he would normally not even bother wasting his time upon.

In terms of general flattery and the like (such as receiving compliments about his 'adorable/cute' appearance), his modesty tends to overwhelm his usual sense of pride.. and to some extent, this is usually a good trait for Ace to have, as from personal experience, he notices it makes him appear.. unselfish and not one to easily soak up words of encouragement.. especially if they happen to be sarcastic on certain occasions. On the other hand, believe it or not, he actually does not contain much.. self-confidence in himself.. largely due to his weight and bad experiences in the past, therefore one shouldn't be surprised if he is to ask about what's wrong.. especially if he feels as if he is unintentionally causing another individual grief.

User Notes-
    - Character owner is new here, so pardon slight mishaps.
    - This is not going to be my only character (for that'd be boring)-- but of course, following this forum's rules is also a priority (so waiting to have another chara-slot-chance is probably a better choice anyway).

(( Hi-Functioning Autism and ADHD both make it extremely difficult for me to not be/feel socially awkward... so pleaseeeee don't hate me for it, okay?
    I like games other than Pokémon, but just prefer Pokémon the most 95% of the time.
    Oh wow, I totally forgot I can edit this-- so I guess... just count this part as OOC, sorry people! :v ))

Last edited by Mew on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:12 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Touching up on it)
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Agent-A the Pikachu (BURNED Team) Empty Re: Agent-A the Pikachu (BURNED Team)

Post by NyraXerz Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:36 pm

Hello!

I hope you don't mind, but I saw on your wip profile that you were having some difficulty with the image for your pikachu.

.png images are finicky when it comes to copy/paste--they love to wreck their transparent background. Below I have the bulbapedia image with a code you can stick straight into your profile.

If you want this image smaller or were trying to upload a different image, I would be happy to help, just note me.

Agent-A the Pikachu (BURNED Team) Pikachu_zpsb9btc82g

Code:
    [center][IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/lunar_nyra/pikachu_zpsb9btc82g.png[/IMG][/center]

Agent-A the Pikachu (BURNED Team) Yx8XtF9

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    Larka's Art Shop
    Sketchbook
    Agent-ASAP
    Agent-ASAP
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Agent-ASAP Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Okay I think it's ready for approval... and stuff! >u<;;
    Victini
    Victini
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Victini Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:53 pm

OK...first off, the history is hardly a history at all - it is more of a mishmash of random facts about him. All of the information about his battle styles and personal preferences belong in the user notes, while how he acts belongs in personality. From reading this I know next to nothing about him other than where he was born. What kind of childhood did he have? Did he have friends? Was he wild his entire life or did he have a trainer at some point? What about the epidemic? There is NO mention of that whatsoever. Where was he when it began? What happened? Did he lose anyone dear to him? What is he doing now?

I'm also finding the profile as a whole very difficult to read due to poor wording and lack of punctuation. Please refer to this guide if you need any help with this.

You say that his age is 20 - is that in human years? Would a Pikachu's lifespan be even that long? Here on EJ we tend to use words rather than numbers to describe our characters' age, e.g. 'child', 'teenager', 'older adult' etc.

I'd also like information about where he acquired his held items, especially the Light Ball since that's such a rare item. While not compulsory, I'd recommend that he have these items present in his image.

Half of the appearance is unnecessary - all you need there is your character's physical traits and habits, not a Pikachu's general behaviour patterns.

In 'species' the name of the pokemon should be present as well as their dex number and classification.

Please make your revisions and I'll take another look at this for approval.

Agent-A the Pikachu (BURNED Team) VictiniAgent-A the Pikachu (BURNED Team) TGJeE
    The Victory Pokemon

Profile Admin & Team Sheet Manager

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 am