Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+8
SkeletonCupcake
Abysswalker
Suicune
renegade
Nightfall
Lugia
Min
Negative10
12 posters

The BLACKTHORNE Team

Anonymous

The BLACKTHORNE Team - Page 10 Empty Re: The BLACKTHORNE Team

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:57 am

((ooh my god! I'm so sorry! please skip me!))
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maria/Harry - Blackthorne City || Morning
    - -- ---2 || 2--- -- -

She barely received a response upon her clumsiness, and even if she did, she immediately dismissed it with an awkward smile and a bow. The Umbreon glanced up, Harry was always taller than her, and he had broader shoulders unlike her slim ones. It's not because they were different species, but it was obvious. Sometimes -- and she will admit -- she forgets he's even a guy in the first place! Well Maria barely paid any attention to gender as long as she knew the Pokemon's name. But to be reminded that the Mightyena was male therefore stronger than her? Then again, they were both different genders, their ages aren't all that greatly different... Immediately she gulped at the thought, her flushed face hidden thanks to the dim light of the morning. Maria was very disappointed in herself for thinking such thoughts.

Dear fucking Arceus, Maria had dragged him to another situation all because she felt rejected on not meeting other Pokemon. He will admit that he felt some guilt, but that changed over to I'm going to be blamed for this aren't I? Well if it was like that -- he's screwed. If the Moonlight Pokemon backed him up -- fantastic. If not -- still screwed. And right off the bat in front of new Pokemon he just had to land on top of Maria. Facepalm here and there if they even had palms. They had paws. But no palms like humans. Awkward pose he did, isn't he self-conscious of first meetings? Nonetheless, he heaved a heavy sigh, shifting his gaze from group over to his surroundings. Hoping to clear his mind, learn the place and- a blur of moment rushed forward, Harry immediately reacting by arching his back and covering the Umbreon from sight. The figure scared off the Luxray with the robotic arm. Oh... shit.

Maria gasped at the sight of another Luxray, despite the Mightyena's attempts to cover her view. What's he trying to pull now? Isn't this another friend? Yet.. this one looked widely different; pelt as dark as it could be, hungry crimson red eyes, blood dripping from the tiny hairs. The scent of death and decay covered the air, she was suddenly reminded of the earlier situation with the Ponyta. Oh no... No. No. NO! She struggled to get out from behind Harry, but it was no use as the Bite Pokemon caught her by the scruff, forcing her to watch the scene with terrified eyes. For once again, she could do nothing. "Let me go Harry, let me go..." She whimpered, the Mightyena said nothing as he slowly stepped back, keeping his distance to ensure the Moonlight Pokemon's safety. She hated that, stop it. Stop keeping her safe by sacrificing others!

Harry was right on meeting new Pokemon; bad idea. Fuck, already scarred Maria. If that Ponyta's death wasn't scary enough for her, now she had to deal with more of this bullshit... His eyes glanced down, watching her petite figure shake as she watched the scene. She didn't have to... She could have closed her eyes. The Mightyena only took a glance, only to see the finale; the Luxray ripping the throat out as gore began to cover her frontal area. Enjoying it you bitch? The Bite Pokemon would honestly be glad to kill an Undead but he had no reason if it didn't harm Maria. As long as it didn't harm her, then everything's alright.

"Whoops. I'm so sorry- did this mean something to you?" The Luxray said with a gruesome grin. Maria said nothing, awestruck, simply flabbergasted. Why...? Why did Harry stop her again? Did he really want to torment her? Before the Umbreon could open her mouth, the Dark-type immediately butted in, dropping Maria in the process, "Doesn't concern us." She stared at him with horror, how could he?! "W-well..." She glanced at the group, they would have found the duo heartless unless the Umbreon spoke up, "It's a friend..." At the end, her voice trailed off into the distance, as if not wanting to speak no more. Her light blue gaze was stuck on the ground, glancing over at the Mightyena for a reaction, however he just stood his ground.

[Ooc: Nothing much to do ^^;]
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:30 pm

[ooc: how the heck do you call that "nothing much" TK?! LOL]
    Blackthorne City | Morning
    [Written: 44] [West: 9]

West Flame hated himself. That was all he could say; he hated how self-reliant he had become, how broken he was because he had a lame leg. The new appearance of the clumsy Umbreon had more ability to do things than he could ever hope to do! He couldn't run around and be a playful pup, nor could he attack and lend help when he wanted - no, he was stuck as a crippled, weak thing, and it hurt that he couldn't do much for himself or others. His pride had been injured enough, but when he compared himself to the others, flying about and charging forward with such great vigor... how could he not feel horrible?

The Moonlight Pokemon was about to make an offhand comment to Shaina, try to get her to feel comfortable, when a mad dash of purple flew across in one smooth motion. It was only seconds before he could comprehend that it was the other purple Luxray from before, and immediately fear and shock coursed throughout his entire body. This was the same she-hag that Written so venomously cursed, the same one that killed mercilessly. West Flame almost didn't see that Amber had taken off and fled on her own accord; and frankly, he would have followed, if he had not looked at the ruined body of Shaina, the innocent Eevee. Rest... Rest in peace, little one. Her cloth Gracidea flower lay just beside him, thrown off as she was slaughtered, and with a remorseful frown he laid his paw on it. He wasn't going to run away, not from this fight. He kept his eyes trained on the Luxray, suspicious of her next move.

"Whoops. I'm so sorry- did this mean something to you?" Written had been happy, so very happy that a carefree laugh could have escaped from her beak as she flew after Rocket. She had friends beside her, the rising sun a warm welcoming, and a plan for the near future. She had nothing to worry about; that is, until Rionnah decided to come back from the dead (literally), and put Shaina on the death bed in replacement. Yet another Eevee to add to the Luxray's list of killings. The bird landed, her breath already becoming quick from her anger, but it was only the thought of the Gabite next to her that she remained on the spot. The thought that Rocket was willing to go through hell with her was ironically the only thought that kept her from launching herself at the lion and ripping the wretch inside out. Water threatened to come out of her eyes, but she needed her revenge, and letting her emotions to get the best of her was not the way.

[color=#3366ff]"Yes, yes she did mean something to me," Written said slowly, her voice icily calm as she glared in unconcealed hate at Rionnah. Her frame shook with the sadness that had been momentarily replaced with anger, and with an intake of breath the Swallow Pokemon forced herself to stay put. "I," she began, keeping contact with the monster before her. "I can't begin to describe how much shit you've put me through. So I'm not. But what I am going to do is make you feel the same amount of pain and suffering, and make you cry-" Arceus, was she crying? Had she not just been trying to prove that she was above this evil thing before her, prove that she was the one with the upper hand? Written in the Fates choked back a sob, then shook her head furiously to rid herself of the tears. She could barely even register that there were two new voices nearby, but with recent events she had no time nor effort to offer a greeting.

"I hate you, Rionnah." Written gagged at the last word, feeling the awful taste of vile even at the name.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Blackthorn City/Morning (31)

Rocket marched along happily, stealing a glance up at the mountains ahead. I wonder if Dragon's Den is up there? Normally he would jump to the opportunity to hike up a mountain (usually because he mostly just burrowed his way up there), but he wasn't sure how long he could pretend that he wasn't fucking tired, not to mention thirsty as hell and a little hungry. He didn't want to be the first to admit it; they'd think he was going soft. The Dragon-type shook his head slightly and walked on, convinced that the group were following. But then a scream from behind forced him to whip back round.

She was back. How on earth that was possible after he had taken out the bridge he did not know. The bitch was back, and she was laying her claws and teeth into little Shaina. "Oh no you fucking don't!" Rocket snarled, dashing forward as fast as he could. But he was not built for running and he was about ten metres away from the rest of the group, so by the time he got there it was too late. The little Eevee was dead, her throat ripped out by the psychotic feline. Rocket felt his blood starting to bubble under his scales.

"Whoops. I'm so sorry- did this mean something to you?" the bitch asked, grinning from ear to ear, her fangs stained with Shaina's blood. If Rocket was angry before, he was fuming now. How the hell did she have the balls to come along, randomly kill one of their friends and then take the piss afterwards? The Gabite felt himself becoming uncontrollable, his rage building to levels that he had not felt in a long time. Just minutes earlier he had made a promise to Written: "I'll make sure that nothing like this happens to you again, all right?" Barely ten minutes later, that promise was broken. Rocket wasn't sure whether he wanted to cry or commit murder.

Written herself was barely managing to keep her grief under control. Rocket stood right next to her protectively, his chest heaving with the heavy panting that resulted from his growing anger. "I hate you, Rionnah," the Swellow spat, the hatred in her voice clear to all. Rocket could stand it no longer. It was his fault that this had happened; if he hadn't been so excited and ran ahead of the group he could've been there to stop that attack. He had let Written down. He'd let all of them down. It was his job to set things right again.

With both claws raised, he went forward a few steps before turning back to the others. "You guys go on ahead, I'll catch up." His gaze met the eyes of them all, but it lingered on Written's. "Please. I'll be OK. I'll catch up when I'm done. Get to Dragon's Den, wait for me there." Turning back to Rionnah, there was no fear in Rocket's eyes as he glared at her. This was the third time he had encountered her, and twice before this he had tried and failed to bring her down. Third time lucky.

"I swear to Arceus ... you're going to pay for that, you fucking bitch," he spat. His voice no longer had the reckless enthusiasm it usually did; he was not challenging her for fun anymore. This was personal. Crouching and raising his sharp claws, Rocket geared himself up for the fight to come. "Come on then, bitch. Ladies first."

((Just want to give Rocket a fight so I have an excuse to raise his level. ^^; He's close to evolving.))
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:20 pm

[ooc: I'll be skipping since it's all up to Rionnah. B)) ]
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:36 pm

((Then I must skip as well I'm afraid. Can't do anything now.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:33 pm

((ooc: oh my god, i've been skipping so much! I feel so horrible lol))

[24]

And so here they found themselves again, stuck in the endlessly monotonous cycle of kill or be killed, fight or flight, Cut a bitch or ignore a bitch. Either way, it would amount to the same thing- they were gonna have to knock some bitches down to stay on top, and at this point, Bass wasn't even surprised that the poor Eevee got turned into "Rionnah grub".

Don't get him wrong, he feels bad for the loss, but they were due for another tragedy. They'd gone too far without another death- their rag-tag team really had it coming.

And now came their time for another fight- one between the witch and the hero, Rionnah and Rocket. It's really gonna be one hell of a tussle. The Torterra could just feel the tension and electricity, crackling between both sides. It was so thick, you'd need a fucking tree to cut through it. Something like a big, Douglass Fir- but that was besides the point.

At this very moment, the forces of good and bad were about to have a smackdown- one for the books for sure, but right now, "fucks" and "screws" were being thrown all over the place. Names, spat in pure disgust and horror. Meanwhile, the giant Tortoise stood, watching in morbid amusement, as the Gabite and the Luxray were about ready to pounce and tear at each other's throats in an all out blood bath.

...One that was beginning, with the Head Bitch making the first move, throwing in a Flash and head-splitting roar- one that prompted him, the ever noble Grass Type, to turn to his fellow survivor, Written.

"Written, it's time to go. We gotta down to the cave- I'll eventually come back here and make sure our pal'll be okay. "

He'll be a hero some other day. Right now, he's gotta help his buddy out.

Even if that means, copping out and driving the girl away first before he even tries to help and bring out the big guns.

((ooc: god, bass just went through some serious bi-polar ness here. Ugh, what a horribly out of character post!))
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:59 pm

[ooc: huge sorry, with recent changes in the posting order I get confused...;;]
    [Written: 45] [West: 10]

"But at least you finally know what to call me. Feels nice to know the name of your own demise, eh?" A chill spread throughout Written as she took an involuntary step backwards. How could this vile, wretched Luxray before her... how could she speak such comprehensible words? The bird clutched her pencil in her confusion and a smudge of fear -- plenty of emotions and more that she dared not reveal on her face. Written in the Fates clenched her beak shut, staring into the malevolent eyes of Rionnah, trying to imagine herself facing the lion. ... I... can't. It took a lot of herself to admit that this villain had an advantage over her in more ways than one. It took Written twice as much to admit that she wasn't the best one to go against Rionnah.

"You guys go on ahead, I'll catch up... Please. I'll be OK. I'll catch up when I'm done. Get to Dragon's Den, wait for me there." What...? Her head had turned roughly at Rocket's voice, her jostled glasses just as confused as Written herself was. The Swellow quickly adjusted them upright, but she continued to stare at the dragon in confusion as the meaning behind his words settled in. He wanted them to move on so he could defend them... So that he could fight by himself... So that if he might die, they'd have a head start before Rionnah. Written wanted to speak up and quickly object, but it was like a lump had formed in her throat. She couldn't leave him alone, not now of all times. She couldn't leave one of the few friends she had finally let her guard down around; it would be like detaching a wing and hoping you could still fly.

"Written, it's time to go. We gotta down to the cave- I'll eventually come back here and make sure our pal'll be okay." Bass urged her to follow as Rocket said, but it was hurting. She was hurting. How could she be positive that Rocket would be fine...? Where was the endgame decision, the final answer? Only Arceus knew, and Arceus wasn't going to respond any time soon. Written looked up at the large turtle, fond of his everlasting optimism. How she wished she could shared in the joy of believing so freely, and blindly followed in the given instructions. But the fight was already happening, and she had no idea what was happening -- Rionnah had given off a Flash and the fight was on.

She's lost. West Flame quietly noted, a pang of sympathy for his winged friend. The Umbreon could see the turmoil she was putting herself through, her inability to leave behind Rocket to fend for himself. Written hadn't noticed it, but she had grown to depend on the Gabite to the point that she was torn between taking his directions or following her gut. The dark type looked about in a hurry, realizing that yet again more have fled the scene (the other Umbreon and the Mightyena). Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't look too much of a fool myself for running. Flame of the West directed his attention back to the Swellow, stepping up towards her. In the rush of events, he took Shaina's cloth Gracidea in his fore paws and brought its noose around his neck. A little memento for an innocent friend, he thought.

"Written... look, I know it might hurt, but look," he fumbled with his words, unsure if what he was trying to say would be the right thing. He signaled his paw towards the flower around his neck. "Shaina -- and all the others -- they wouldn't want you to risk your life. And really, neither would Rocket. We should go." West Flame pressed himself against Written in comfort, before pushing her lightly in the direction of the Dragon's Den. There was a pit in his stomach when he realized how easily Written could break, how easily any of them could get down on themselves. Maybe he did have a lame leg, and he wasn't as able bodied as others, but in different ways, he was on equal ground with the rest of the world. "You're our leader, Written. So yeah, lead the way."

West Flame had also put his own two cents in. What was Written to do...? She stumbled slightly as the Umbreon pushed her away from the fight and towards the Den, and for a moment she just stood there, slumped in her stature. Written stared at the ground, so many thoughts going through her mind -- yet with the words of her friends, the bird could not honestly see what other way there was to go. I'm... the leader? Hah. Weren't leaders supposed to be strong and charge forward without regret? Weren't they supposed to make clear decisions and be able to know what is fact and what is feeling? Weren't leaders supposed to always know what to do? She didn't fit any of the aforementioned criteria, and will probably never be able to. After a moment's lapse, Written brought her head upward and faced her friends.

Her little limping friend was right. Her large smiling doofus was right. Rocket was right. "A-All right, let's head out." Written said, trying to muster whatever little confidence she had into that sentence. The bird took to the air, saving one last forlornly glance towards Rocket. Please... don't forget our promise... She shook her head, before voicing a chirp and swooping towards the cave.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Blackthorn City/Morning (32)

As he had expected, Written was reluctant to leave him. It was only natural that she should be hesitant to leave one of her only friends alone with a crazed killer, but Rocket continued to start at her earnestly as she appeared rather stricken by what was happening. He sometimes wished that he wasn't as reckless and stubborn as he was, and this time was one of them. If he could just learn to accept things as they were and not kick up huge fusses about it, then by now he could've been going with them to Dragon's Den and they wouldn't have to deal with this.

But with some much-needed persuasion from West Flame and Bass, Written agreed. A small smile touched Rocket's face as he watched them go. Don't worry, guys. I won't let you down. Even if he couldn't kill her he could at least slow her down and prevent her from ever terrorising them like this again. I'll try ... I'll really, really try.

But as he turned back round to face Shaina and Derek's killer, the world suddenly disappeared into a bright, white light. Staggering backwards, Rocket quickly covered his face with his left fin. His eyes were designed to cope with the darkness of the underground, not Flash attacks to the face. Shit! Not being able to see a thing made Rocket panic a little, and he was about to lower his fin to try and recover his vision when the bitch flew right at him. Rocket found himself howling in pain as the surprise Crunch attack landed on his raised fin.

SHIT! Rionnah's fangs were firmly planted within the fragile, thin skin on his left fin. The attack was accompanied by tremendous power and Rocket found himself falling backwards onto his back. No way ... No fucking way! He was not going to lose now, not so wretchedly, so quickly. He had a promise to keep.

The Gabite bit his lip to stop himself from screaming as the bitch's fangs sunk deeper and deeper. He could barely even tell exactly where she was since his vision was still hazy and uncomfortably bright. Desperately, he raised both of his legs and started to kick Rionnah in the chest repeatedly, trying to force her off of him. At the same time, he raised his one free claw and continually plunged it at wherever he thought her neck was.

((Thank Arceus you're back, Ciana, I thought I'd have to go on a skipping frenzy :DD))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:46 pm

OOC: skip please
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:36 pm

[ooc: I just got back from a vigil for a recently passed teacher of mine, I'm just really emotionally drained ]
    Entrance of the Dragon's Den | Morning
    [Written: 46] [West: 11]

It was one thing for Written to have agreed to leave Rocket to fight on his own, but it was whole other thing as she heard the sounds of battle commence. The bird pushed herself onward even as tears began to well up in her eyes, but she had to stick to her own end. Arceus forbid that she turn wing and attempt to assist in the battle. Her friends needed a leader, someone to bring them through in times of trouble. Written in the Fates easily flew over the lake that coincided right before the entrance to the Dragon's Den, landing quietly just upon the other edge. She had read all about leaders that were fearless, sacrificed without another thought; but truth be told? The Swellow was scared, frightened that any moment now the worst would happen. Her heart beat faster just imagining the thin line that they tread, their risky gamble with fate.

West Flame followed after Written, trying his best not to let out a choked gasp or a yelp of pain. He was tired, his hind leg a horrible deadweight he was forced to carry around, yet the determination and willpower that all of his fellow teammates possessed inspired him to put just as much effort. They were in this together, a family that co-depended on one another without question. The Umbreon paused as they hit the lake that separated them between Blackthorne City and the Dragon's Den. He took a moment to drink the cold liquid, his eyes on Written as she landed on the other side. I'll... I'll find a way through too. His eyes flickered towards Bass, and his thoughts to Written's plan of a makeshift bridge came to mind. How deep was this lake? Surely if it were this small in diameter it would not be that deep in depth? Flame of the West looked at the good, tall size of the Torterra, sizing it up to an estimated lake depth.

"Hey, what's your, eh, idea to get across?" He asked Bass, not trying to seem like he already had an idea in plan. If the lake did turn out to be surprisingly deep, than it would be like he were trying to drown the poor land tortoise. "I might have a plan or two..."
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Blackthorn City/Morning (33)

Shit, shit, SHIT! For once in Rocket's life, his over-confidence had gotten the better of him. He actually felt his claw puncture the tender skin on Rionnah's neck; felt the hot blood seep from the wound. Yet the crazy bitch barely even flinched. In fact, Rocket thought he saw the flickers of a nasty grin surface on her face as she maintained her iron grip on his fin.

I'll wipe that stupid grin off your stupid face, the Gabite thought. He stopped stabbing her neck but continued to pound her repeatedly in the chest with his legs and tried to start figuring out what to do next. Each kick felt like it was getting harder to deliver as the blood started to pour out of the bite mark on his fin. Rionnah's grip was hardening by the second, and with a nasty jolt he realised that that the slippery thing sliding across his skin was her tongue. She was mocking him, licking up his blood like it was a free meal. I don't fucking think so!

He began to brainstorm in the time he had before either he passed out from bloodloss or the bitch switched to another tactic. He kept his eyes on her at all times, his free claw raised in case she suddenly went for the throat. He was pinned, and with only one claw free he was almost helpless. Her crimson eyes blazed through him, and he felt a shiver of fear run through his scales as he stared into their depths, hoping that they would give him at least a clue of what to do.

Wait a sec ... her eye! Rionnah's head was about a foot away from his; he could smell her metallic breath as she continued to gnaw on his right fin. Rocket knew that she would predict an attack soon enough; he had to try and catch her by surprise. Feigning weariness, he let his head droop closer to the ground, flickered his eyes and let his mouth hang open slightly. He let out a soft groan, just to make it a little more realistic. He slowly ceased his kicking and relaxed the muscles in his trapped fin, slowly pulling Rionnah's head just a little bit closer...

Now! Without warning, Rocket shot his free claw upwards as quickly and as strongly as he could muster. Right towards the bitch's left eye.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:54 pm

[25]

Bass watched in apprehension at the battle before him. In one hand, he could help Rocket- but in the other, he could just run away. All of this was becoming too much. The losses, the deserters. The Torterra felt horrible, but he's had just about enough of this fiasco.

Next to him, the distant voice of little West Flame, swirled around his ears. He didn't have any plans. Well, plans that would benefit any of them, and by them he meant everyone except himself. Running away from it all was his plan. A plan that wouldn't at all be appreciated, but an idea nonetheless.

Turning to the Swellow and Umbreon, Bass rushed out in a low whisper, "I'm sorry- I know you'll probably hate me for this but I can't. I'm tired of all this fighting for what is otherwise a lost cause."

Whimpering, the grass type couldn't help but take one last look at what he considered were his friends- or well, ex-friends.

"Good luck you three. May your journey prosper and lead you to a well deserved salvation." And with that, Bass pounded away. Far from the cave, rushing past the two pokemon engaged in battle. Into the forest- the forest where the cowardly belonged. Cowards like himself.

'Forgive me...'

((ooc: sorry guys. I can't keep up with this anymore. It's getting too hard for me to think of a post to make. Hope none of your characters dieee))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:50 am

((I'm so sorry I honestly thought it was ciana's turn! Please skip, there's nothing I can do anyway.))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:05 pm

((Then I'm afraid I must skip once more since my post depends on Ciana.))
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:23 pm

[ooc: I just realized that while Flyleaf might know Written's name, the Taillow was caught after Written, so Written wouldn't know Flyleaf's name loool]
    [Written: 47] [West: 12]

"I'm sorry- I know you'll probably hate me for this but I can't. I'm tired of all this fighting for what is otherwise a lost cause."

Written stared at her friend in confusion, hearing words that she never thought to face. The realization of Bass' statement dawned on her even further as he began his departure. She was left staring at his bustling tree in pure anguish, leaving her to wonder if this was worse seeing her friends die in front of her. At least with their death, they found peace... The bird raised her head upward so that the accumulating tears would not fall -- when Bass left, it was his own choice; she could not keep track of his whereabouts anymore, nor could she know if he would survive the epidemic. He was gone, yet not dead or gone as it should be. There was no finality in his goodbye... Written in the Fates found her body weighed down, weak and tired. She looked across the small lake to see West Flame looking at the fleeing Torterra in the same confusion and hurt, and the Swellow silently gave a huff to herself. "C'mere, West, we have to get into the cave and wait for Rocket." She said with an ache in her heart, though she commanded with little to no pause.

Bass had ran away, fled even though it was all West Flame had been thinking about since the other Umbreon and Mightyena had gone. Aren't we all just cowards...? He thought bitterly, scuffling as a foul taste ran through his mouth. This wasn't how it was supposed to go, or how he imagined it to be; now it was only he and Written left to press forward and await anxiously for Rocket's fate in the unknown. He closed his eyes, the tension of the situation reaching him. It was all unknown to him, and not knowing what was going to happen next scared the living daylights out of the Umbreon. Where was Bass going? He wouldn't know, and now he'll never know. Will Rocket survive the heated battle and kill that horrible Luxray for good? The claw of death would not pass over if the time called for it. Written had called him, told him in a strong voice that he should cross. How much turmoil was Written going through right now, but forcing herself to stay controlled? Flame of the West worried about her as he stayed close to the edge of the lake and slowly limped over to the bird.

"...Written? Is that you? It's me... Flyleaf." A little Taillow had come into her peripheral view, and Written in the Fates turned her whole body to fully capture the bird in her sight. If Written wasn't so tired and past her physical limit, she'd have gawked in surprise and doubled over, shock be damned. But she was tired, and she was worn out, and all that the Swellow was able to do was take a few steps forward until she was directly in front of the smaller bird, and preened her little sister's neck feathers as tears began to well up in her eyes. Leave it to me to make this emotional, heh! She had changed so much, Written inquired to herself wistfully. She was once a Taillow herself, who dared to question everything and be much too gutsy for her own good. She had matured and grown out of her past, even grew accustomed to forgetting about her background and focusing wholly on what was happening in front of her... in the midst of this, Written had forgotten her family, her siblings, her friends.

"By Arceus, it really is you... little sis..." She had whispered, pausing in her joyful preening to step backwards. Written bent her head so that she was leveled with the Taillow before her, her mind working to connect the dots. It was in fact the same fledgling as she had recalled, the one who had followed her around; yet she was named Flyleaf, a sign that meant that she had been caught by a trainer. And without the trainer in sight, that only meant that 'Flyleaf' was by herself, and had been for quite some time. A motherly angst washed over Written, and she enveloped her wings around Flyleaf. "Love, it's been far too long." The swallow gulped quietly, and she swiped her tears away and gently cooed. Now wasn't the time for her to cry and mope around in her deprivation of her family; she was the leader, and it was time for her to size on up to that role.

Written in the Fates gave a quick nod to West Flame, thankful that he had not intruded. I'll explain later, West. Puffing up her feathers, she gave a look to Flyleaf that warned the little Taillow not to get into any funny business. "If you're anything like how you were when you were younger, I don't want to hear about it. Right now," At this point she pivoted so that she could look at both West Flame and Flyleaf. "we have to get into that cave and make sure it's safe..." A small look of doubt crossed Written's face, but it was gone just as quickly as it had came. "Let's go." She took to the air and flew into the dark entrance of the Dragon's Cave.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Blackthorn City/Morning (34)

"FUCK!" Rocket just couldn't hold back his frustration any longer. Despite his desperate - and almost embarrassing - attempt to stab her eye out, he had still missed. By little more than a few centimetres! The Gabite howled in fury and threw himself all over the place, thrashing about on the ground like a crazed Magikarp. He breathed a sigh of relief as his left fin was released from Rionnah's firm grasp, and proceeded to lash them around in every direction he could move them. His fin hurt like hell to move, but he didn't care. He just needed to cause this bitch as much pain as possible. He continued to thrash around like a loon until a loud roar turned his attention to his opponent, who was preparing a Hyper Beam. Shit!

Rocket had taken a beating by many powerful attacks during his lifetime of battles, but a Hyper Beam to the face was not something that he thought he could get out of. Desperate, he gave Rionnah's chest one last strong kick and used her as a boost to push himself away from her. Scrambling backwards, he quickly rolled sideways out of the way - squeezing his lips shut as the stones embedded themselves into the wounds on his fin - leaped up, and dived underground.

He maneuvered his way through the dirt, expertly hacking and slashing it away with his claws. His eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness and he stopped for a brief moment, feeling for any vibrations coming from above. He was about five feet underground by now, and guessed by the direction that he had come that Rionnah was directly above him. Not wasting any time and allowing her to move out of the way, Rocket shot upwards as fast as he could go, bursting out the ground, his Dig attack destined to hit whatever was in its way.

I'll double the pain that you inflicted on my friends, you bitch.

((Your choice whether he hits her, Ciana. :3))

Last edited by Nightfall on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : epic spelling fail -_-)
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Dragon's Den | Late Morning
    [Written: 48] [West: 13]

"Weird looking thing you are. What Pokemon are yah?"

Flame of the West cocked his head towards the little Flyleaf, trying to wrap his mind around the fact that this little bird was Written's sister. Now that I've thought about it, Written hasn't really spoken about her past at all. She had always contributed it to the fact that they were much too preoccupied (this is true), or that they were running for their lives (this is also true), but now West Flame began to wonder if perhaps the Swellow was pushing the long-ago away. The Umbreon had no time to answer Flyleaf's inquiry as Written began to press onward, urging them to hurry. A roar from behind him caused him to jump, and he fluffed out his fur in alarm. The two birds at this point had already gone inward -- he shouldn't hold them up, he reprimanded himself.

He scuffled into the Dragon's Den, only to pause by the amazing nothing that met him. The lucid darkness shifted in his eyes, and with a huff West Flame illuminated the darkness with his glowing rings. Just like old times. Now that he could see, West Flame took note that where there was once a great mass of water in the middle was now a immense crater with rocky stalagmites jutting upward. He looked around for the two birds, calling out to them. "Flyleaf? Written? Are you two all right?" The dark type made his rings glow a little brighter, and he swore that if he shone more he would become a shining star.

Written in the Fates' eyes were just beginning to grow accustomed to the lack of daylight in the Dragon's Den. She honestly forgot to take into account the darkness when she had thrown together the makeshift plan, and hadn't come up with a solution for something as inescapable as this. "... Are you two all right?" Brightness glared into the bird's glasses, and she gasped with awe. The Swellow landed into the cavern's ground as she looked at the source: Flame of the West. He shone so brightly that she had to shield her eyes with a wing, but she couldn't suppress her newfound respect for her friend.

[color=#3366ff]"Spectacular, West Flame! I knew that Umbreon's rings could shine, but never this brightly. Was this a natural skill, or did you have to practice?" Curiosity flashed within her eyes, and she stepped forward as he slightly dimmed his rings. Written couldn't help but feel hope squirm in her chest -- did they really have a chance at surviving? Her optimism faltered when she realized that Rocket was outside fighting for all of their lives, and a determined look washed over again. "Never mind, you don't have to answer that. We ought to venture further in immediately." It almost pained her that this cycle of pain had to continue. She looked fondly at both her sister and her friend, then turned her head to the rest of the cave.

He looked at her strangely when she asked in great enthusiasm about his rings, but in one lapse she became placate once more and tried to get them to move forward. Written is distancing herself. It's what happened when someone took on too much by themselves, and thought it was better for the rest of them. He's done as such himself, being a leader with bold choices and no doubt. It gave security to the followers but almost always ruined the person in charge; if she kept going on like this, she'd break down and that would be the end of them. Saddling up next to Flyleaf, he looked at her in question. "Hey Flyleaf, I was wondering... how was Written before the entire epidemic?" He asked in a quiet whisper, not wanting the Swellow to know they were talking about her.

There was something that urged him to understand the bird more, understand her little sister more -- in fact, understand all of his teammates more. Why was everyone here? He had seen how grateful Written was that everyone gathered, and had always accepted that everyone came from different backgrounds, but she never questioned exactly what those backgrounds were. "I'm West Flame, by the way." He gave a comforting grin, placing a paw over his chest.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Blackthorn City/Late Morning (35)

A loud burst of triumphant laughter erupted from Rocket's lips as the bitch literally went flying into the wall of a nearby building and landed on the ground with a thump. "HA! That hurt, bitch?! I fucking hope it did!" he yelled, still chortling like a maniac. He watched with a smug grin as Rionnah staggered to her feet and glared at him. His sharp, yellow gaze never left hers for a second. He was going to prove to this bitch that he was not afraid of her in any way, shape or form. Fear was what determined a Pokemon as either a coward or a hero. And while he wasn't exactly keen on playing the role of a hero, he was damn certain that he wasn't about to be seen as a coward.

"Well? You just gonna keep staring at me all day or are we gonna get on with this?" Rocket snarled after a few moments of them glowering at one another. "I haven't finished with you yet, bitch. Even if we have to fight all day and night I won't stop until you've paid for all the trouble you've caused." Raising his claws again, Rocket smirked and tensed his muscles. He had always taken great pride in his strength. He wasn't sure if it was because of the Aggron blood in his veins, but right from the day he'd started training himself he knew that he had been born to battle; to protect others. My only friends...

"Bring it, bitch."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:12 am