Charlie – However, regularly uses the alias of Mr. Pink or Pink
Equivalent of 20 Years
Sand-Attack, Confusion, Swift, Psybeam
Alert to Sounds
National Dex No./Species;
#196 Espeon / The Sun Pokémon
By reading air currents, it can predict things such as the weather or its foe's next move.
One of the eldest in a relatively large family, Charlie was born the son of two Umbreons, Kidrana and Plague. He never knew his father and his relationship with his mother was less than special, no particular favouritism or bond between them, but he was mainly a well-behaved, almost reserved child. Of his seven siblings, Charlie was arguably, somewhat of an outsider. Whilst there was nothing hideously wrong with the Eevee, he was simply considered a little... odd. His legs were always longer than average, his fur literally untameable, apt to falling out in sizeable chunks to give the kit a less than attractive appearance. His mannerisms only heightened his rough look, but he was loved nevertheless.
Always talkative, Charlie got on well with his many brothers and sisters, but he soon adopted a reputation for being a stick-in-the-mud. Whilst he took no aesthetic pride, Charlie never held the curiosity typical for growing children; instead, he was reluctant to join his siblings on ‘adventures’, preferring to simply sit and watch as they found themselves in all kinds of trouble. His introversion soon became apparent to other pokémon in the area who actively teased the kit, calling him a ‘coward’ and ‘loser’ in comparison to his outgoing siblings. Hurt that he was viewed in such a light, Charlie persuaded himself that his family felt the same way, soon deciding that he wanted a change of reputation.
Out of the blue, Charlie simply vanished. Stealing away whilst his family were lost to slumber, the Eevee was the first of the family to leave for a life of independence. Although somewhat upset to abandon his family without a word of warning, the youngster was definite in his decision to run away, certain that it would be the best choice for everyone.
Starting afresh at the awfully young age of ten, Charlie seriously considered returning home within the week. His navigation skills were appalling, the youngster walking circles for a good few days before realizing the error of his ways – and food was becoming increasingly difficult to secure. With only minimal training, Charlie was made an effort to avoid contact with any wild pokémon, fearing that they would see him as an easy meal. Eventually, the Eevee was forced to enter urban areas, beginning to starve and grow sickly at the total lack of shelter. Apprehensive, but reluctant to admit defeat by returning to his family, Charlie soon took to scavenging on the city streets at the dead of night.
His presence was soon noticed by an infamous Houndoom occupying the city – a powerful canine once owned by a human, now the well-respected leader of a pack of rogue pokémon. Every night, Charlie would make an appearance to scavenge through the same garbage cans, his tiny body lightning fast and surprisingly agile in his desperation to remain a mystery. Every night, the Houndoom watched him, curious to why a child so young had been doomed to such a volatile and dangerous life. Eventually, the pair met, a tense introduction following as the Houndoom urged Charlie to accept his hospitality. The canine saw potential in the scraggly youngster, eager to mould the Eevee into a valuable member of the growing pack of vagabonds. With such an innocent appearance, the male saw the opportunity to use the kit as a distraction during the pack’s activities. Although hesitant, Charlie eventually accepted the canine’s offer at the promise of food and a permanent residence at the pack’s den, located just outside Goldenrod City.
In the months that followed, Charlie was welcomed into a dark world of violence, theft and exploitation – loving every moment. Building up a strong bond with the Houndoom whom he now saw as a father figure, Charlie quickly found happiness in the pack; all manner of pokémon brought together to form a dysfunctional, volatile but strangely loving family. The group’s work mainly consisted of robbing the local poke marts, occasionally launching attacks on trainers for unhappy, owned pokémon – for a price – and all manner of other unwholesome deeds. Charlie became familiarized with these activities from a young age, growing extremely tolerant and knowledgeable of the group’s work. Over time, Charlie was shaped into a well-established member of the pack – affectionately named ‘kid’. The usually intimidating creatures were charmed by the chatty Eevee and his involvement in the pack’s activities. Always enthusiastic, Charlie took well to his new life, regularly trained by his proud ‘father’ to compliment his participation in the ever-frequenting raids. Within a year, the youngster was an expert in his role and was constantly striving to climb the pack’s hierarchical ladder.
As the years passed, Charlie clawed his way to the position of third-in-command, well-known in the pack for his cowardly, but somehow endearing nature. Everyone knew that he only cared for himself, but after all, that was the key to surviving their world. Charlie just happened to embrace something the remainder of the pack tried to deny. He was loved by his followers, his ‘father’ equally as pleased with the scrawny kit’s transformation into an almost handsome adolescent, building up contacts throughout the region as he dedicated himself entirely to the pack’s work.
At the equivalent of seventeen years old, Charlie evolved into an Espeon. Disgusted at the pink, feminine appearance he had adopted, Charlie was endlessly teased by the pack to soon receive the nickname ‘Mr. Pink’. Less than pleased with the new title, the name, unfortunately, stuck. Mr. Pink or Pink became a regular alias for the Espeon, a common name for the talkative creature as he chose to use it in order to effectively cut all links to his true family. Charlie was long gone – a quiet, gangly excuse for a kit. Mr. Pink was a motivated, well-liked villain rapidly gaining power throughout the Johto region. Charlie made an effort to delete memories of his humble origins, instead, always looking to the future.
Unfortunately, his future wasn’t completely bright.
A savage, gory war broke out between the pack and a rival group of pokémon in a battle for dominance. The Houndoom he’d come to love was mercilessly killed in the dispute, boosting Charlie’s rank to second-in-command of the powerful organization. Numerous, bloody battles ensued in the following months, many of the Espeon’s friends needlessly dying for a cause he himself didn’t believe in. Uncomfortable with the responsibility building on his shoulders, Charlie soon decided that a career change was in order. Resorting back to cutting all connections with those he’d grown to love, the Espeon simply fled one day and never looked back.
Many of the pack members had expected the Espeon’s actions and whilst some sort of punishment would regularly be carried out, the outbreak of the epidemic prevented any attempt on Charlie’s life. He’d gotten away with it, scot-free.
Turning to a life of solitude as the virus spread through the region, Charlie was relatively happy. Whilst he wasn’t particularly fond of the undead, the Espeon simply avoided contact with them. If he had to kill a few then so be it, otherwise, he could usually outrun any particularly savage-looking monstrosities. He was never going to endanger himself out of a misplaced sense of pride, but as time passed, Charlie began to feel the painful stab of loneliness. Whilst he never put much thought into the fate of both his original and adopted family, the Espeon was beginning to miss company and soon began targeting cities in a bid to seek out survivors. Of course, he would also indulge in life’s luxuries in the process. With the almost non-existent human population, Charlie would spend days inhabiting any standing homes of the humans, scavenging all manner of devices and foods abandoned inside the buildings. Making the most of the universal disaster, Mr. Pink is confident that he will survive.
Never a handsome child, Charlie’s lacklustre appearance has only heightened with his age and evolution into an Espeon. His fur has always been longer than average, appearing scruffy and unkempt due to his total lack of pride in his appearance. More often than not, patches of blood and dirt have dried on the feline’s body that he is simply too lazy to try and remove. He has been familiarized with blood and gore all his life, wearing any crimson splashes without a flicker of concern. Long, lanky legs carry his slim, streamline body, giving him a boost in height for typical individuals of his species as well as emphasizing his unkempt appearance. From previous work in the group, one of the prongs on the Espeon’s tail was brutally torn off, leaving a usually, unnoticeable stump. Naturally a bony creature, Charlie is the last pokémon to fit the typical description of a graceful, elegant Espeon.
The same pinkish purple shade of a normal Espeon, Charlie is often mistaken for being a good few years older than he actually is. Dark circles are usually present beneath his striking, blue eyes. Whilst the colour isn’t particularly bright, the sheer size of the eyes remained a distinguishing feature for the feline, often described as ‘bulging’ by past companions. Despite this, his face is extremely feline-like in appearance. The tuffs at the side of his head are scraggly as usual, and small additional tuffs of fur are present beneath his nose and on his chin – giving the illusion of facial hair. The moustache and goatee illusion is another of the creature’s distinguishing factors and whilst he was offered the opportunity to simply chop off the excess fur, he quickly grew to love the abnormality.
- Comfortable around blood and guts, Charlie is a hardened, straight-faced fighter. Whilst he has a mainly non-confrontational attitude, Pink knows when someone needs to be put in their place – the only universal language stemming from violence.
- Known for his chattiness, the Espeon is most definitely a people-person. Loud and unafraid to make an impact on strangers, Charlie’s life in the pack has shaped his sociality into somewhat of a chatterbox. His gift of the gab has saved him from a number of tricky situations, capable of charming as well as seriously hurting. He is fluent in sarcasm and when provoked will definitely reveal a more venomous, snappy side to his nature.
- A self-proclaimed coward, Charlie makes no effort to disguise his cowardice. Everyone who knew him were more than aware that he was willing to betray them at any moment to save his own skin – making him extremely hard to trust. Whilst his personality is amiable enough to initially fool his company, the Espeon is likely to flee at the first signs of an unwinnable battle.
- One of Charlie’s strongest personal attributes is his rationality. Down-to-Earth, the Espeon strongly disagrees with the whole fantasy of being a ‘hero’, claiming that the route to success in life is to simply be realistic. He can see if a battle is unwinnable and will act accordingly; he is a decent judge of character and will move on if he catches flickers of hostility – he’s intelligent, and makes the most of his gift to ensure his survival.
- Charlie has as many trust issues as others have with him. Brought up into a world of treachery and violence, the Espeon is naturally hesitant to fully trust new faces. Having never had a true friend he’d been willing to die for, Charlie is, in a way, extremely difficult to understand fully. His mannerisms and attitude are bright enough, a constant air of light-heartedness on the surface, but dig a little deeper and a whole other side to the Espeon is revealed.
- A compulsive liar, Charlie will lie about everything, half the time not actually needing to. Using Pink or Mr. Pink instead of his name, for example, is his most common lie. He wants his identity to remain a mystery, believing that any past remarks of his character would only worsen his state for the future.
- Usually adopting a laid-back attitude, Charlie also has some issues with paranoia. In particularly violent situations, the Espeon becomes panicky when the odds don’t swing in his favour. Usually in the moment before he decides to flee, Pink’s pleasant charade drops completely. Violent, crude and utterly determined to escape alive, Charlie would willingly cut down a group of his friends in a bid to secure his own survival.
- Somewhat sexist, Charlie has varied views on women. Often considered somewhat of a ladies’ man, the Espeon is no stranger to flirtation, utterly smitten by the beauty of females. However, he also has little respect for them – especially those who fall for his charms. In the past, he’s been guilty of abusing women and only his position in the pack prevented any repercussions.
- Extremely opinionated, Charlie will argue for what he believes in – usually the more immoral opinion of the topic – but is fairly skilled at getting his point across. Whilst he may use a great deal of slang and have a habit of talking quickly, the Espeon usually knows what he’s talking about, capable of bringing others to his way of thinking.
- Son of Plague the Umbreon (Anathema’s Character) and Kidrana the Umbreon (NightmaresEmber’s Character)
- Since evolving into an Espeon, Charlie has mainly been known as ‘Mr. Pink’ or ‘Pink’. Whilst he despised the nickname at first, he has grown used to the title and uses it more often than his actual name. The only pokémon that have ever known his true name were his family, his foster father and six high-ranking members of the pack.
- Charlie was transported to the Kanto region as a result of Mewtwo's 'freak-out'. He has no idea where he is and is less than happy about the sudden shift in environment.
- Loosely based off Mr. Pink from the film, ‘Reservoir Dogs’. Steve Buscemi <3
Last edited by Snitch on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 6 times in total