Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

5 posters

The SKY Team

Anonymous

The SKY Team - Page 2 Empty Re: The SKY Team

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Sky Pillar || Morning || 7

Tansis tilted her head and raised an eyebrow. What was wrong with the four-eyes Furret? He seemed to be completely unable to move, whether from shock, fear, or maybe he hurt himself. The Blaziken, Seth, was talking to the Furret, whose name she still did not know, as well.

"Hey... you okay?" the Delcatty asked, looking at the nerdy pokemon weirdly. "Did you hurt yourself? Like Seth said, I'm sure none of us will hurt you, and we're friends. Kind of."

She was about to continue trying to coax the pokemon to talk, when the Delcatty heard a faint noise. She pricked her ears, looking around. However, even though her ears were sharp, they were quite high up on the tower. She couldn't hear that easily. Instead, she turned to the Weavile next to her, with a puzzled expression.

"Did you hear that?" Tansis asked, wondering if she just simply imagined it or misheard something.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Sky Pillar || Morning | 6

The Furret still looks around at them fearfully, immobilized from its encounter. This is becoming pathetic now. Seth comes over and kneels next to the distressed creature, trying to comfort it; what a father figure! Adventus cannot help but chuckle a little at him, but he ends it quickly to prevent irritating the Blaziken. Even Tansis is trying to console the Furret, although the Weavile doubts he is going to relax any time soon. “Did you hurt yourself? Like Seth said, I’m sure none of us will hurt you, and we’re friends. Kind of.”

She sure is quick about friendship, he humors. It makes him a little bitter, reminding him of his old friends. He has other things to do than brood, though! Stepping over to the scared pokemon, arms crossed firmly, he grins humorously. “And besides, Furret--You are going to have to stop being scared sooner or later.” Giving a reluctant smirk towards the scared creature, he decides to dismiss them all and turn to look out the window. A wonderful sunrise has come, brightening the deep blue oceans. The view is beautiful, even during this deadly time--even that nasty undead stench struggles to reach up here.

Something calls over the breeze. It is very faint, but its echo is strong enough to make him turn his head. His arms part, standing at his sides. “Did you hear that?” He looks over to the Delcatty, who appears confused by the quieted call. With suspicion he narrows his eyes, staring towards the dim hallway. “Yes; it sounded like it was alive." Moving his gaze over the group, he considers their roles. Only be Blaziken could come with him, but the others need protection.

With a voice serious with survival, Adventus addresses them all. “The three of you should stay here. If there is something alive down there, I might be able to slip down without bothering the Infected and bring them up.” It will not be as easy as liked, though, due to the fire bird's recent stroll. Moving his gaze to the Blaziken, he warns him. “Seth, be ready. If an Infected pursues me, it is most likely going to be strong.”

Without giving any time for an argument, he passes them and goes around the hallway's bend. He goes into a slight crouch, and makes his step silent under the wind. After going around the floor and stepping down its staircase, the odor of death strengthens. Stealthily, vigilantly, he creeps through the shady black corridors.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Sky Pillar/Morning (3)

Seth had heard the faint voice coming from further down the tower and had raised his head slightly, scanning the area carefully with his sharp blue and yellow eyes. The Furret was still unresponsive but he knew that he would eventually come to his senses in time. His kneecaps cracked as he slowly stood up, looking towards the staircase leading downwards.

“The three of you should stay here. If there is something alive down there, I might be able to slip down without bothering the Infected and bring them up," Adventus then addressed them all. Seth was about to protest when the Weavile turned and spoke to him directly. “Seth, be ready. If an Infected pursues me, it is most likely going to be strong.”

"No, I -- wait! Come back!" Seth called, but it was too late; Adventus had disappeared down the staircase leading to the lower levels. He shook his head and sighed. "He is a fool, but courageous one. I do hope that he doesn't land himself into trouble."

Upon those words, Seth moved over to the staircase and stood at the top, listening carefully for any signs of a conflict or struggle. If it sounded as if Adventus needed help, he'd be the first to offer it.
    SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

Post by SkeletonCupcake Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:06 am

Sky Pillar||Morning(2)

Alice tilted her head and peaked around the corner of the stairs only to see a large group sleeping infected. Lightly stepping, Alice tried to sneak past them but ended up stepping on the back foot of an infected Mawile. The infected pokemon Screeched, awaking the other infected. Alice gasped and ran for the upper floors, but tripped as she ran, snapping her hind leg.

Unable to stand anymore and blood dripping from her hind leg, the infected tackled her like savage beasts. Alice prayed and hoped, even though she didn't believe in Arceus. Instead she prayed to the pillar's Deity, Rayquaza for help. However Alice knew she would have to help herself as well. Even though she could not move to hide or defend, Alice used her Hyper Fang attack on any infected that got to close.

Unfortunatly more infected were filtering in from the upper floors, after being awoken by the screeching of the Mawile. Alice was beginning to tire, and her leg hurt too much. With one last Hyper Fang Alice cried out and collapsed. All the infected piling on top of her, nearly killing each other because they all wanted to devour her.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:26 pm

A rock near Sky Pillar | Morning | 1
    Blu yawned, a bit of Heat Wave spouting from her mouth. It was another bleak day in a bleak world. Today seemed especially bleak, as if nothing would happen. She hopped over to a viewpoint. She watched a Blaziken hop off a Lapras's back, then soon after a Ratatta. The Blaziken had only one arm, and the Ratatta was white. She saw the Furret walk in, she saw pretty much everything from here. She quietly watched the Ratatta. She saw it step on the Mawile's foot. She watched the Mawile wake up in disgust. She began to worry when the Mawile attacked the Ratatta. Major type disadvantage. More and more Infected began to pile up their attacks on her. There was literally a dogpile of infected after the small Ratatta. Its complete defenselessness compelled Blu to take action. As if a Braviary, she flew up high and soared in midair for a little bit, before snapping out of her sky-circling and diving for the Infected. "Go pick on someone your own size!" She screamed, a Heat Wave ferociously forming in her mouth.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Sky Pillar || Morning || 8

Tansis opened her mouth to tell the Weavile about how that was the stupidest decision he could make right now, since they were pretty high up on the tower and a voice that faint meant the creature was several floors down below and there were Infected, but shut it before a single word could escape. She didn't really have a right to stop Adventus. And, Arceus Christ, the Weavile FLEW himself into the tower on a Fearow. And it looked like he had the protection of the warrior-like Blaziken.

The Delcatty bit her lip [or the closest equivalent of it] and glanced at the Furret. He still wasn't moving, so the Delcatty assumed he either passed out or was dead. She lightly shook her purple-and-cream furred head; so much happened, and was happening, and she had a massive headache. Maybe she would just take a nap... yes, she was sure she wouldn't be disturbed, and although she felt bad for it, there were other pokemon around to protect her; besides, the more rested she was, the more she could contribute later, right?

With those thoughts in mind, she settled again with one last glance at Seth and the Furret, and tried to close her heavy eyelids. However, Tansis jerked fully awake once more at a high pitched screech coming from somewhere else; the tower, empty and barren, echoed very well, making it somewhat hard to tell how far down or up it came from.

What the heck? she thought, her ears pricked and fur fluffing out in alarm. "What was that?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:06 am

Sky Pillar || Morning | 6

By the time the screech started he had cleared most of the floors. Now at the stair’s edge, he sees an unpleasant sight. A crowd of Undead is clustering at the far side of the corridor. They must be eating that hapless survivor. No way I could take on that much Undead at once! As quickly as he was about to give up and simply return to his fellow Living, something soars in from absolute nowhere. From a window directly above the madness, a blue bird enters squawking furiously--a Pidgey? It breathes out an overpowering Heat Wave, roasting away at the necrotic horde of corpses. Only then does he notice something amongst the deterred Undead. There is a Rattata; that must be the hapless one! As much as he wouldn’t like to risk it, he decides to help anyways. I don’t need the guilt trip.

As he leaps straight down the stairs, his light body preventing injury from the fall, a Claydol spots him and moves from the cluster. Stubborn to seize his opportunity, the Weavile solidly rakes the approaching Claydol in the face with his darkened claw. He dodges around it and Aerial Aces across the many yards into the heat. During the dive, he manages to scoop up the Rattata in his right claw and tuck it against his chest. He gets through the heat and death, quickly closing in on the other end of the hallway. Turning upright and skidding his claws into the ground, he stands firmly upright. The dead are still disoriented, so he lifts the rat up to hiss a silent, serious warning. “Either you let me hold you by the scruff, or I will toss you back into that mess!” Without waiting for a comply he puts the Rattata’s clean scruff into his jaws, and then quickly catches a Golbat that is sneaking up behind him. With a swift whirl he slices into the infected. The Night Slash tears through the flier's soft body, cutting it in half. Its blood flies everywhere, spattering on him a little.

The dead are starting to rise up towards him, but most of them are so wounded that he sees their movements are impeded. Now he just needs to get back over--the Claydol is standing tall enough for him to use it as a landing for his leap! Over the horde he can see the Pidgey; he will have to deal with the misery of going through the heat again. With a powerful leap he launches straight over the dead and through the scorch. Slamming into the Claydol he was busy with before, he causes it to stumble as he firmly plants his feet onto its belly. It raises its arm cannons to fire a beam at him, but he drives an Ice Punch into its side and then cloves both weapons in swift succession. He leaps off of the now armless clay being and moves around it. But as he turns around to address the situation, he sees something very bad. Glowing fractures are beginning to form upon the monster’s earthen carapace--and he knows exactly what it is going to do. An Explosion. Taking the Rattata out of his mouth and placing it carefully down behind him, he calls to the Pidgey:

“Pidgey, get over here now! This Claydol is going to explode!”

Without waiting to see if the bird goes out the window or comes to his side, he retaliates. Using all of his might, he Aerial Aces hard into the clay monster’s lower body. His feet plant upon it, and with a growl of unrestrained fury he kicks back in another powerful leap to send it into the crowd of corpses. As he directs his fall back to the others, he swings up a hasty Reflect. Just in time, too, as he skids down onto all fours from the force of his launch. In a shower of guts and debris, the Undead horde goes up in a loud fiery boom. Singed insides impact the walls, and wind blows past the group as a shower of blood spatters against the defensive shield. He thanks Arceus Himself that the blast was distant enough to not hurt him. As rises up and sees the monsters get destroyed, he gives a laugh of winded pleasure. In his amusement he blurts out triumphantly, raising his blood-spattered claw in victory. “And that is how you clean up a mess!”

((OOC: I got permission from CrimsonKat to pick up Alice.))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Sky Pillar/Morning (4)

Seth heard many disturbing sounds as he stood guard at the top of the staircase. Unearthly screeches echoed their way up to the old Blaziken's ears.

"What was that?" Tansis asked just after the loudest screech sliced through their ears.

"Trouble," Seth replied, turning his head towards her. "I do hope that Adventus can avoid whatever is prowling around down there."

He flinched at every sound and clenched his fist; so far it didn't sound as if Adventus was having trouble, but somehow he predicted that it was only a matter of time until they found--

BOOM!

The enormous explosion nearly sent Seth of his feet in surprise. He held onto the wall as the tower shook and pieces of the ceiling came crashing down around them. As fast as his legs would allow him, he dashed over to Tansis and the motionless Furret and delivered a Hi Jump Kick attack to a lump of rock that was inches away from hitting them. As it shattered into much smaller pieces, the tower finally stopped trembling.

"Good grief, what in the world was that?" Seth gasped. He quickly looked down at the other two Pokemon. "Are you both all right? You're not hurt?" He looked back towards the staircase. "I am worried about Adventus. I am going to see what's going on. Please stay here. I will be back as soon as I can. Stay safe."

He carried on down one staircase after another until he found who he was looking for. Seth blinked in surprise upon seeing the Weavile completely unharmed. Not only that, but he declared with a raised claw: "And that is how you clean up a mess!"

Looking at the bloodied remains of several undead Pokemon and the charred body of a Claydol, Seth realised what had happened.

"Forgive me for underestimating you," he chuckled to Adventus as he approached him. He turned his eyes to the two new Pokemon that were nearby. "And what have we here? More survivors! My, I haven't seen so many living Pokemon in one place for a long time!" He knelt down in front of the two small Pokemon and smiled. "I am Seth, it's wonderful to meet you both. None of you are hurt, are you?"

((OOC: Sorry for the long post))
    SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

Post by SkeletonCupcake Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:43 am

Sky Pillar||Morning(3)

Everything went by so fast Alice had no time to react Nor could she object to being carried by the scruff. She couldn't tell but by some swift movement another pokemon was cut in half. Blood sprayed everywhere, and Alice was unlucky enough to get infected blood into the wound on her hind leg. At first it burned but then she felt numb. Sighing weakly Alice passed out before Seth had even arrived.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:20 am

Sky Pillar [near ground] | Morning | 2
    So many things happened all at once. Blu was about to have a bake sale with the infected when she heard the Weavile-
    “Pidgey, get over here now! This Claydol is going to explode!”
    Blu dove, rolling like a barrel for the Reflect wall. There was a deafening explosion- How was the tower still standing up?! The Weavile laughed, raised his claw, and triumphantly bursted, “And that is how you clean up a mess!”
    "Bravo, bravo!" Blu shouted. "I think Rayquaza will love the wonderful paint job we've done here- just gotta peel off the spare limbs..." A Blaziken with one arm approached. "And what have we here? More survivors! My, I haven't seen so many living Pokemon in one place for a long time!" He knelt down. "I am Seth, it's wonderful to meet you both. None of you are hurt, are you?"
    Blu's reply was cheerful and bubbly. "Nope! Hi there, mister Seth! 'Mname's Blu!" She waved, then turned to the others. "How about you two? What's your names?"

(OoC: DO A BARREL ROLL! xD By the way, Blu's speech hex color thing is #6699CC, if you want to use it.)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:15 pm

[[OOC: Please skip my turn, since Tansis is upstairs alone and can't really do anything. ^^;]]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Sky Pillar || Late Morning | 7

The barrier dissolves away, with there being no need to keep it up now. After the brief but intense battle, Adventus’s breaths come out heavy but pleased. That work took a good bit of breath out of him, but a short respite is all he needs. The blue bird chirps happily beside him, surprising him with her loud enthusiasm. "Bravo, bravo! I think Rayquaza will love the wonderful paint job we've done here--just gotta peel off the spare limbs...."

The bird’s joke makes him chuckle a little, but then brings out a full, somewhat sadistic laugh--“I think I counted over fifteen casualties. It’s a new record!” All jokes aside, though, they have to get back up to the fifth floor before any curious Undead come to inspect the carnage. As he turns behind himself to look at the Rattata, he drops his amused look upon seeing her state. That scar he noticed earlier on one of the hind legs he has a splotch of rotten purple inside it. Infected blood. Oh no. His ears turn back for a second as he stares with fear, knowing full well that a small creature like her might die quickly from the corruption. But before anyone can question him on his reaction, he straightens his mood out into one of mere concern.

Just then, someone appears at the top of the stairs. His eyes flick up with the anticipation of another fight, while he shifts one foot back and lets his claws crackle with darkness. He eases them, though, when he sees that it is only Seth. The tall pokemon begins to stride down the stairs. With a small chuckle, he apologizes to Adventus. "I am sorry for underestimating you."

Adventus smiles in appreciation to the approaching bird; he gives a humble nod of his head, and replies to him. “It is fine.”

Enthusiasm comes up in the old bird's voice, as he acknowledges the two newcomers. “And what have we here? More survivors! My, I haven’t seen so many living Pokémon in one place for a long time!” Upon reaching the end of the stairs, he kneels down before them, showing true friendliness to them with a smile on his face. "I am Seth, it's wonderful to meet you both. None of you are hurt, are you?" That is exactly what Adventus was concerned about.

"I am sorry Seth;" The Weavile grimly indicates, as he comes down and carefully picks up the Rattata. He places it comfortably between his crossed arms, while he gives his troublement. "the Rattata fell unconscious before you got here. She got a rather nasty gash in one of her legs."

Taking a look back at the filthy hallway, his amusement gone and the urge of survival recalled, he moves his glance between the two birds. "Let us return to the fifth floor. There might not be many more undead left on these floors now;" Adventus begins to step up the stairs, moving at a brisk pace but making sure that the rodent's injury is kept stable and safe. A growl comes to his voice, as he finishes his statement, "but the last thing we need right now is another Claydol."

And besides, it smells like miasma and shit down here! The Weavile wrinkles his nose at the disgusting intensity of the smell. As he reaches the top, he remembers that the Pidgey asked for his name. "Oh, and Blu--My name is Adventus."

((OOC: Given permission to pick up Alice....again :b))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Sky Pillar/Late Morning (5)

Seth's smile broadened at the Pidgey's reply - such wonderful manners! It wasn't very often he met a younger Pokemon who still knew how to show respect. And this Pokemon's plumage was a simply fascinating colour; he'd never seen anything like it.

He turned to the Rattata next to Blu and his smile faded. "Oh dear," he murmured as he noticed that she was unconscious with a nasty wound on her leg. He reached down, gently placed a finger on her neck and sighed in relief as he found a small, rapid pulse.

"I am sorry Seth," Adventus said as he bent down and softly picked up the small Pokemon. "The Rattata fell unconscious before you got here. She's got a rather nasty gash in one of her legs."

"So I see..." Seth replied, worry etched upon his aged face as he slowly stood up and examined the unconscious Rattata with downcast eyes. "Nasty indeed. It concerns me ... You're right, Adventus. Let's get back upstairs to Tansis and the newcomer. I regret to say that I had to leave them alone so that I could come and aid you ... or, so I thought!" He turned back towards the staircase. Come. Maybe there'll be something we can do for her once we're upstairs."

As the Weavile introduced himself to Blu, Seth led the way back up the stairs until they eventually reached Tansis and the Furret. The Blaziken held up his hand apologetically as he approached them.

"Do forgive me for leaving you like that! I can assure it won't happen again." He addressed them both while looking at only the Delcatty; the last thing he needed was to make eye contact with the nervous Furret again and send him off into another panic. "Oh! Please allow me to introduce Blu," he gestured towards the wonderfully-coloured Pidgey, "and ... this little one. She was injured in an attack. I am hoping that there will be something we can do for her." He indicated at Adventus to lay the Rattata down on the floor near to his feet. He didn't want to admit to them that he didn't know much about the virus, but he did know that if that purple blood made too much contact with the Rattata's blood, there would be dire consequences for her. They had to clean the wound as quickly as possible.
    SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

Post by SkeletonCupcake Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Sky Pillar||Morning(4)

Alice mumbled a confusion of jumbled words that made no sense as she worked through her unconsciousness. Her body felt numb to her, even though she knew she should be in pain. It felt as if someone had taken her to the Pokemon Center and put her on high dosage pain medication or something. However unlike the medication, Alice was totally aware of her surroundings.After a bit more mumbling Alice's eyes cracked open a bit.

When Alice looked up in her blurry vision instead of seeing the new faces she looked at Adventus and saw Alucard."A-Alu...Alucard....I-is that you?" Alice asked. She was conscious now, but also delusional. Either from the pain she felt previously or from the numbness she felt now it was hard to tell. Feeling dizzy and nauseous Alice vomited and collapsed back into a semi conscious state.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Sky Pillar [5f]| Late Morning | 3
    Blu's reply made Seth smile. She was happy today, maybe it wasn't going to be bleak and boring after all! The Weavile, after looking over the Ratatta's nasty gash with Seth, turned to introduce himself. "Oh, and Blu--My name is Adventus." Adventus? She thought. Cool, what an unusual name. I've never met a Pokemon that ever had a name like that...
    Seth led them upstairs for a while until reaching a floor with others on it - a Delcatty and a Furret. "Do forgive me for leaving you like that! I can assure it won't happen again." Blu noticed he looked only at the Delcatty. Was there some coyness issue with the Furret? She didn't want to take a chance on finding out. "Oh! Please allow me to introduce Blu," Seth continued, gesturing to her, "and ... this little one. She was injured in an attack. I am hoping that there will be something we can do for her." After a little while, the Ratatta woke up. "A-Alu...Alucard....I-is that you?" She vomited and then went back to her previous coma state. Blu hopped over. "Hmm. Maybe it should be treated like a snake bite so the virus won't spread further. I know how, my trainer did it once."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Sky Pillar, 5th Floor || Late Morning || 9

Tansis looked up at the Blaziken's voice, her drooping eyes snapping open from where she had almost fallen asleep. She waved her tail in a quick greeting before standing up and stretching her legs. The Delcatty felt a little more rested than she was before, although not by too much. With one last glance at the Furret, she made her way over to the group with a welcome back nod. The Furret hadn't moved at all. Maybe he died from cardiac arrest or something.

"I could hear explosions from all the way up here," she answered with a flick of her ears, her pale gaze on Seth. "Must have been a pretty big ruckus. And it's fine, nothing much happened up here. Actually, nothing happened at all," she continued, before turning her gaze to the Pidgey and Rattata.

The Delcatty squinted her eyes, scrutinizing the odd pair. Were they really what they looked like? For one, the Pidgey, Blu, was [true to her name] a brilliant shade of light blue, instead of the normal brown. The small Rattata was also discolored; instead of the normal brown and tan, she was mostly gray, with a few black accents. Tansis also saw that the Rattata had a long gash in her leg, lined with purple. The Delcatty flinched back a bit; although she didn't mean to, it looked gross and unhealthy. The Rattata stirred slightly, mumbling a name Tansis didn't quite catch despite her sharp ears, before passing out once more.

Tansis frowned, pushing down her nausea to closely examine the wound on the leg. She was never very good at the nursing department, and didn't know much about the virus, either.

"I don't know any healing moves to help, other than Calm Mind, but that doesn't really help," the Delcatty admitted, her ears flattening, and her paws kneading the ground in a nervous manner. "And I'm not sure about treating it like a snake bite, either. I'm not too specific in the medical department, but from what I know, you treat poisonous snake bites with antivenom, which is literally made from snake venom itself. But I don't think letting her get bitten by another Infected is a great idea."

The Delcatty stopped for a moment, her eyes narrowed in thought. What disinfects wounds? The Delcatty and her former team had occasionally gotten scratches and such before, not too serious to have to go to a Center, but her trainer had used all sorts of methods to keep injuries from being infected. There were potions from PokeMarts, herbs found in certain areas, and...

"How about salt water? We are surrounded in an ocean," the Delcatty offered, her eyes brightening up. "I heard salt prevents bacteria from replicating, and works as an abrasive to clean the wound. We could probably boil the water, and then use it to try to clean the little Rattata's leg."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:08 pm

Sky Pillar || Late Morning | 8

((OOC--I know I did not say this earlier, but Adventus cleaned his claws of any blood before he picked her up :b It’s just an important detail I missed. Oh, and sorry for the long post D:))

Nothing much happened during the quiet and solemn walk up to the fifth floor--there was not a single Undead, much to Adventus’s surprise. When they reached the fifth floor, though, the Weavile had already planned what he was going to do. While the Blaziken apologizes to Tansis for having to leave her, he rests the rodent down by the fire bird’s feet. Just after he places her down, she looks weakly up to him and mutters something in her quivering voice: “A-Alu....Alucard....is that you?” The Rattata vomits a little, either affected by the virus or due to her frail body. She quickly collapses back into a semi-conscious state. Taking gentle care in moving her from the sickly pile, he flicks an ear towards the Pidgey when it comes up to offer an idea.

“Hmm. Maybe it should be treated like a snake bite so the virus won’t spread further. I know how, my trainer did it once.” He looks to the small bird standing at his left. Despite her help, though, he can see she has a poor understanding of the Epidemic Virus. “Sadly, illnesses do not work like that Blu.”

Tansis pads over, her eyes drowsy from poor sleep, and closely examines the sickly leg injury. Her expression mixes with concern and disgust. “I don’t know any healing moves to help, other than Calm Mind, but that doesn’t really help.” The attempt at aid is appreciative, but he nods lightly as he kneels down on one knee to examine the injury carefully. He catches idle corrections from the Delcatty to the Pidgey, but such attentions are at the back of his focused mind momentarily. The leg’s state looks grim, with purplish blood spattered across its bloody, exposed wound. Quickly he skims his memory for any medical tricks that could work. One comes up--What about a cold cleanse?

“How about salt water? We are surrounded in an ocean;” Tansis’s suggestion interrupts his thoughts, but he looks up with interest. “I heard salt prevents bacteria from replicating, and works as an abrasive to clean the wound. We could probably boil the water, and then use it to try and clean the little Rattata’s leg.” As good as the idea is, it would not work. With a mild frown he returns her idea.

“A wise idea, Tansis.” He gives a slight pause to gather his thoughts. “Sadly, though, I have read Human books on normal viruses and bacteria. The ordinary organisms in ocean water would be killed by boiling, but the Epidemic Virus only becomes more aggressive as its environment’s temperature increases. Basically, it would only worsen the injury’s condition. But cold temperatures,” Adventus raises his right claw and lets the palm radiate wisps of cold air, “will help it heal. I can also clean it in the absence of clean saltwater.”

He focuses upon the injury, moving his right claw over the wound gently while its frigid state clashes with the humid and warm atmosphere. Gently pressing it over, he chills the surface of the gash. The tainted blood crackles as it freezes onto the frosty shell. While he tends to it, his sensitive ears hear the fast throb of her heart. Grimly, he troubles. The pulse is fast: The beat of a prey creature. Sadly, swiftly, truly will it be her last struggle? Under the care of the frigid claw, the wound’s pain is numbed lightly. After close to a minute of care, he withdraws it to observe the injury’s state. It is now glitters lightly with the shine of a modest frost, while the wound itself is devoid of the rotten colors that once colored it. Although it has been cleaned and that will help prevent any further bleeding, he knows her undeath is inevitable. Raising up his palm, he considers the amount of corrupted blood that he lifted from the cut. Rising up from the subject, he gives his opinion, leaving his icy and bloody claw to rest at his side as he moves his glance to the others.

“All we can do now is keep her strong and safe. The wound has been cleaned, and the chill will help prevent any commonplace infections.” But only a miracle could save her after getting that much contact to the virus. He walks towards the window to their left, shucking the ice shell on the palm of his right claw and tossing it out. Pessimistically, a thought bites at him. Was her infection my fault? Throwing the guilt to the side, he hisses inside. Why do I care? If it is, then tough luck! In times such as this, his morbid and calm demeanor towards death and suffering really help. Another thought comes to mind while he wanders his mind--something that he took notice of but did not really care about until now. “Tansis, by the way--Have you seen that Furret?” He goes to walk up the stairs to the next floor, but takes note of a rather large fractured stone that fell from the earlier explosion along the way. “Oh, and sorry if that explosion almost hurt you Tansis.” Walking up the flight and looking around the corner, he sees nothing but a crumbly, morning-lit hallway. Walking back down, he shrugs his puzzlement. “Looks like the explosion scared him off, or something.”

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Sky Pillar/Late Morning (6)

Seth didn't even have chance to offer his opinion on the matter; Adventus seemed to know what he was doing. It was probably for the best seeing as he didn't have much knowledge about how to prevent the virus from spreading as he'd never had to worry about it before. Of course, there had been the occasional Influenza outbreak in his clan but it was never bad enough to provoke an urgent response. In between his own thoughts, the old Blaziken watched the Weavile work with admiration.

"Impressive, very good, Adventus," he praised the Weavile with a friendly smile when he had finished. "Why, thanks to you I think that this little one will be just fine." He turned his gaze to where the Weavile was looking and sighed. "Perhaps it was the explosion, yes. Poor thing ... I do hope that he'll be all right by himself."

The Blaziken wandered over to a hole in the wall and gazed silently out at the sparkling ocean beyond. Gently cradling his stump he couldn't help but wonder ... the Legendary Pokemon Rayquaza that was once rumoured to live at the peak of this tower ... surely the arrival of such a disaster would've provoked Rayquaza to leave. But the question was: where was he now? Where were all of the Legends?

Out of curiosity, he turned back round to face the others and asked: "I must ask ... have any of you heard news or rumours as to the location of Rayquaza?"
    SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

Post by SkeletonCupcake Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:43 am

Sky Pillar||Morning(5)

Alice whimpered and and shivered, it was as if she was running a high fever. In her unconsciousness she constantly mumbled names over and over. One could only assume these names were the names of her fellow team mates from the days she spent with her trainer. Then suddenly Alice started to shake heavily before vomiting on the floor in front of her. The vomit consisited of blood, pieces of lung and stomach tissue, and half digested berries.

Even though Alice's immune system was trying to keep the virus at bay, it was not succeeding. The virus had already began to attack her brain, leaving her coughing and vomiting frequently. Though she had not lost any exterior tissue, she was losing plenty of her internal tissue each time she through up. The Rattata was falling quickly to the virus and things weren't looking good for her.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Sky Pillar [5f] | Late morning | 4
    (OoC: Land Long post, ho!)

“Sadly, illnesses do not work like that Blu.” Adventus frowned. Tansis added onto this. "And I'm not sure about treating it like a snake bite, either. I'm not too specific in the medical department, but from what I know, you treat poisonous snake bites with antivenom, which is literally made from snake venom itself. But I don't think letting her get bitten by another Infected is a great idea." Blu's expression changed. "Ehm... That's not what I meant, but OK then."

"How about salt water? We are surrounded in an ocean." Tansis continued. “I heard salt prevents bacteria from replicating, and works as an abrasive to clean the wound. We could probably boil the water, and then use it to try and clean the little Rattata’s leg.” Blu would have frowned if her beak let her. Adventus replied first, though. “A wise idea, Tansis,” He said, giving a small pause. “Sadly, though, I have read Human books on normal viruses and bacteria. The ordinary organisms in ocean water would be killed by boiling, but the Epidemic Virus only becomes more aggressive as its environment’s temperature increases. Basically, it would only worsen the injury’s condition. But cold temperatures,” He continued; raising his wispy, cold claw up, “will help it heal. I can also clean it in the absence of clean saltwater.” He began to clean the Ratatta's wound, lightly pressing it along the gash. Blu seized the opportunity to speak. "Even if we were to go with your saltwater plan, how would we get the water up? We're on the fifth floor of a tower scraping the heights of the sky. To get back in time, I'd have to fly down there. Even so, how would I carry it back up?"

The Weavile finished cleaning the gash soon after. "Impressive, very good, Adventus," Seth praised with a smile. "Why, thanks to you I think that this little one will be just fine." The Weavile walked to the stairs leading up. “Tansis, by the way--Have you seen that Furret?” He went to look upstairs. “Oh, and sorry if that explosion almost hurt you Tansis.” He shrugged and walked back. “Looks like the explosion scared him off, or something.” Seth gave a reply before Tansis. "Perhaps it was the explosion, yes. Poor thing ... I do hope that he'll be all right by himself." Blu was a bit happy to hear this. "So there was someone else? Wow, so many living Pokemon today."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Sky Pillar, 5th Floor || Late Morning || 10

Tansis blinked at Adventus's long, complicated-sounding answer and reaction. A cold cleanse, huh? Well, now that she thought about it, being from the cold and frigid regions of Sinnoh and all, Tansis saw the reason in Adventus's words. Extreme temperatures killed bacteria, whether it be heat or frost. Her trainer or the rest of the Delcatty's old team rarely got any serious illnesses when they were up there, in the region also known as "Hokkaidou"; usually, Tansis got sick and such during her contest visits in Hoenn, which was much further south. But, even if the cold frost on Adventus's claw could at least delay the Virus, wouldn't it cause some damage to the Rattata's leg flesh too?

....Tansis shook her head. All these thoughts were giving her a headache. She didn't question what the Weavile did; he obviously already knew.

The Delcatty also glanced back at Adventus's mention of the Furret, only to see nothing. Wait, he had been there just a second ago, looking like he died of a heart attack! Tansis frowned a little bit. She supposed he must've run off while they weren't looking. What a disappointment, he looked like a funny character.

Suddenly, she returned from her world of thoughts by a voice. "Huh?" The prim pokemon looked around to the brilliantly blue-feathered Pidgey, who questioned her idea. "Well, it was just a suggestion. I dunno, maybe if Adventus and I went with the Rattata, and Seth too, we could've snuck past Infected, gone down there, gotten water quickly, et cetera... But I don't know. Either way, Adventus found a way around."

Tansis frowned slightly. Calling the Rattata "the Rattata" seemed extremely informal and rude. Once she woke up, if she woke up, Tansis would ask her name.

Speaking of the Rattata, suddenly, the Delcatty heard a retching noise and jumped back in shock, seeing the bloody material exit out of the Rattata's mouth. Tansis bit her tongue, holding back a hiss of pain, shock, and disgust. She could see pieces of tissue in the bloody vomit, as well as the remains of berries. Was this what the Virus did to pokemon? Tansis frowned, not knowing how to feel. Sympathy wasn't exactly right, and she couldn't possibly empathize with the Rattata's pain; the latter was much younger, and Tansis had never even gotten so much as a broken bone before in her life. "Pity" sounded mean. It was more of a mixture of worry and sorrow.

Tansis was about to go over to fuss over the small injured rat pokemon, when Seth's query interrupted her thoughts. Rayquaza? The name sounded familiar. Tansis's trainer constantly ranted about how one day, she would like to climb the Sky Pillar and meet the legendary god of the skies. The Delcatty grimaced; curiosity killed the cat... so true. After all, if her trainer wasn't so determined, then Tansis, her trainer, and her team might still be all alive and together, back up in Sinnoh. But the Virus was everywhere.

"My trainer brought us here, me and my former team. She brought us to the Sky Pillar because she wanted to see the legendary ruins, and the green serpent that was rumored to live in it." The purple and tan cat paused a moment. "But I haven't heard any news as to where he is, now."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:15 am

Sky Pillar [5f]|| Late Morning | 9

The Weavile returns from his checking upstairs, and hears that the whole group is baffled about the Furret’s vanishing. While he passes the chunk of broken ceiling, Seth goes over to a window to look out upon the Hoenn ocean. He looks to be thoughtful, cradling his handicapped left arm. While the bird turns to ask them about the whereabouts of the Legendary Rayquaza, Adventus’s attention quickly switches to the left in reaction to the sound of the Rattata hacking and retching. His demeanor fades down into a sympathetic disappointment, as the rodent regurgitates a deep red. Chunks of bodily tissue come out with the bloody flush, further showing her withering state. Well, looks like she won’t live after all. Tansis was also startled by the rat’s sudden nausea, staring with miserable worry down to her. She becomes easily distracted, though, by Seth’s question, and as Adventus comes over to the weak rodent she answers it.

With a displeased, nasal sigh, he waits for the cat to finish her part of the conversation--his curiosity is raised a little, though, when she says that her trainer and “former” team brought her here. After she finishes, he warns the others of what will surely happen soon while he keeps an eye on the hapless and pale Rattata. The Weavile’s morbid tolerance prevents him from overreacting, as he explains the situation. “I hate to interrupt, but I need to warn you to all keep away from the Rattata. I know it sounds heartless to say this, but at this rate she will become Undead soon.”

He may have never seen a real Living turn Undead--or even seen another Living Pokémon for over seven months-- but it is obvious the rodent is going to turn quickly.

((OOC: =_= If I missed anything in this post, then just tell me. My brain feels like blah right now, and I will edit anything I missed in the morning.))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Sky Pillar, 5th Floor/Late Morning (7)

Seth listened to Tansis's answer regarding Rayquaza with a polite smile on his old face. It was not what he had been hoping to hear and it did not offer him any leads to the Legendary Pokemon's location. Still, he appreciated the fact that the Delcatty had at least tried to help him, and he smiled at her and nodded his appreciation. Before Adventus could give his account, however, the Rattata took a turn for the worst. Seth gasped in horror as she vomited parts of her own organs and half-digested berries. He held back a retch as he stepped backwards, his face contorted with disgust.

"Wh-what is this?" he spluttered. "I thought that she would be..." He felt so bad for the poor little creature ... how small, young and innocent she was. Being forced to suffer in such a dreadful way ... all because of that damned virus.

Seth frowned and continued to cradle his stump as Adventus spoke: "I hate to interrupt, but I need to warn you to all keep away from the Rattata. I know it sounds heartless to say this, but at this rate she will become Undead soon."

"I'm afraid to say that you may be right, friend," Seth said ruefully, tapping his fingers on his stump thoughtfully. The kindest thing possible would be to end the Rattata's life now and put her out of her misery. But Seth wasn't sure if he could take a life. Still, he knew that this Rattata would eventually become an enemy to them, and by the looks of it, it wasn't going to take long for that to happen. Seth let go of his stump and sighed. His wrist began to flicker with small orange flames. He looked down at Adventus, Tansis and Blu in turn. "What do you propose we do?"
    SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

Post by SkeletonCupcake Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Sky Pillar||Morning(6)

When Alice finally stopped regurgitating her innards she fell nearly silent. The only sound from her was her barely audible breathing. In her head the battle with herself had begun. The battle for her mind and her sanity, hoping to be able to keep herself even as the virus killed the rest of her. 'I can't give up. Why? Because my friends are waiting for me. What friends? Alucard....Fluorine and the others, my old team. How are they your friends, didn't they leave you all alone? W-well yes BUT THATS NO THE POINT! Then what is, why do you want to survive? Be-because I know... I know my friends are looking for me.' Alice battled with herself within her mind.

As this battle raged the others spoke of what to do. Alice could barely make out the sounds and feelings but she didn't care. All she wanted was to stay sane, and not kill. Killing was bad and Alice didn't want any part of it, unless it was killing the zombies. The ranks of which her body might soon be joining. To her dismay, though perhaps it had been inevitable.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:10 am

Sky Pillar [5f]| Late Morning | 5
    "Wh-what is this?" Was Seth's reaction to the white Ratatta's barfing. "I thought that she would be..." Adventus spoke again. "I hate to interrupt, but I need to warn you to all keep away from the Rattata. I know it sounds heartless to say this, but at this rate she will become Undead soon." Blu sighed in her head. It was every day where you'd have to run for your tail feathers. "I'm afraid to say that you may be right, friend," Seth said, continuing the conversation. He turned to Blu, Tansis, and Adventus. "What do you propose we do?" Blu gave it some thought, and plainly stated, "I don't know."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:41 pm