Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+17
Moon Moon
Dandelion
RhysandNight
Starbits
Jay
Zapdos
Mew
SkeletonCupcake
Mewtwo
Nightfall
Silverishness
renegade
Min
Drago
Lugia
Negative10
Suicune
21 posters

Complaints

Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Complaints Empty Complaints

Post by Suicune Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:04 pm

I noticed that there hasn't been anything concerning the complaints yet, so I'm going to say something about it now, since I DO know that you all have them, but talk about them in chat.

If any of you have issues with the way the site is run, new rules, etc etc...PLEASE post here.
    The rules are never final, and can be changed if there is a better idea that can be suggested.

If you speak up against the rules, you will not be penalized or cursed out/banned by the admins. Just because we run the site doesn't mean we're pure evil.

If a better idea can't be thought of, but enough people don't like a new rule, we can try to work something new out amongst the mods and admins.

If something CAN'T be changed, we will certainly give you reasons as to why it can't be, and explain why the rule is needed.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Complaints Empty Re: Complaints

Post by Negative10 Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:13 am

:L I don't really know if this can be considered a complaint, but I've always found myself staring at what badges I have now (one normal, one electric), then to my Pokemon, and I really notice how much normal type Pokemon I have. As in, if all these Pokemon were to get their badge, I'd have an overabundance of normal badges, and I find that it would look tacky / kinda weird to look at.

fkdjs;fsd I guess it's my own fault for liking normal Pokemon so much, but could that be solved somehow? :o
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:34 am

If there are any dual-type pokemon, then pick the other type, I suppose... but if not, then... not really. Not unless you start picking different typed pokemon. OTL.

Complaints Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:00 am

The reason why we have the badges go by type is to encourage the use of different elemental pokemon.
    While it's not aesthetically pleasing to have a bunch of the same badge, if it makes you happy to RP as all normal types...go for it.
    I'm thinking we could just put a x2 or x3 right next to the badge if you have multiples, instead of having a bunch of the same image, to prevent it from looking as tacky.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:49 pm

That works! :DDD

Derp, again, I dunno if this is considered a complaint, but sometimes I look at how artists have that flat-rate for buying tickets, and I think it's a little unfair how easy it is for them to buy tickets when compared to others that aren't so skilled in the artistic niche (as I myself aren't orz).

Then again, I know we can't have everyone running around with the flat-rate, but I'm not entirely sure what to do about that orz
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Hmm. Interesting point.
    Artists offer their skills to help members edit their images for free, so they get a perk in return.
    If non-artists have skills they can contribute, I'd be open for suggestions there.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:56 pm

In response to that, I just have one quick counter point. There are people who do the free edits/background removals/etc. who aren't artists. :x They don't get the perk. I do sprite edits for free for anyone who asks, as a more specific example. We're not all listed for "Artist" rank, however. :x
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Huh.... contributing to the site in any other way? :u Uh...

orz Yeah, you've got me stuck there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:57 pm

I really enjoy the quality RPing at EJ, but I've found that navigation on this site is pretty hard. I started in August '11, and I wanted to manage one character for a while to see if I could keep it up.

While I can keep up with the actual RP, I CANNOT keep up with all the changes upon changes upon changes to the systems (badge systems, point systems, profile rank systems, character ticket purchasing/trading etc.) It is just confusing and frustrating when every time you have time to actually visit the site (not just post and leave) that there's all this new stuff that you have to spend hours sifting through to get to the actual point. A DIRECTORY WOULD BE REALLY NICE. Just . . . please.

The FAQ does a good job of explaining a lot. However, I tried delving into the points and profile rank systems and ended up with just frustration. Perhaps add to the FAQ: (1) what are points? (2) what are ways to earn points? (3) do you sell points or character tickets for actual, real money? (4) who keeps track of donations? (5) what is a profile rank and how can it change?

The badge system is easier to find, and is a clever system of character creation caps only for people who can maintain the necessary characters. However, I find it discouraging that I could theoretically post 80 times as one character with consistent, well-worded, considerate, quality, and prompt posts and still only be able to create a character with a level cap of 45, and cannot earn any other badges. Badges are great for people who can maintain a large number of characters, but for people like me who have only a few characters they can maintain with quality, there are no rewards for going above and beyond in the RP. (I am nowhere near 80 posts, I just want people trying hard but without time for more than a couple characters to have fun too.)
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Drago, you do those of your own free will.
    All edits are supposed to be done by staff artists, but other artists are free to offer to do them as well.
    It depends on how many of our artists do sprite edits, but if we need another, you can join as a staff artist.

Negative: if you can think of any other ways, feel free to post, along wtih anyone else who has ideas.

Hiddenhero: I agree on the organization. We are relatively new, so we've had to add alot of rules in response to things happening...but now that everything has settled down, perhaps a clean up will help.
    As for badges, you have a good point. I will discuss your points with the admins, and see if we can come up with a better system.
    Thanks for your indepth comments, they bring up excellent points.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:31 pm

....whoa, point for admin activity, Suicune -- that was FAST.

I have a suggestion, although it would only make badges more complex (sry admin!) and more changes for people who don't follow, like me (O.o *twitch). It is as follows **post numbers badge numbers and all r just theoretical**:

Keep the original badge system, but make sure to tell people to keep #ing their posts after their first badge. When they reach [25 + the number of posts needed for a second badge] posts on a character, they could receive a Silver Badge (not for an element, but for effort). When they reach [25 + # for third badge] posts, they could get a Gold badge. These badges could count as regular badges, and you'd get prizes for effort with the same amount of work as reg badges.

Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Oh, impressive. Thank you, that is a good solution.
    We can do that, and just make silver and gold badges of the existing ones.
    /brofists hiddenhero

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Holy moly Suicune, that was fast action badge system upgrade, and FAQ question addition. Just wanted to say thanks; you're doing a great job.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:33 pm

I have a large complaint! Well, not large...but a complaint non-the-less!

I went in the avatar lists to look for a new avatar, and I'm not sure if i'm being a total derp or not, but i find no Delibirds! Kringle will not get the recognition he deserves for his awesome random awesomeness. I looked in the other regions to see it was misplaced, but nothing....

I get if the johto region was still being worked on, but no identification in the list like UNOVA has.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:21 pm

This is also true for Corsola, Piloswine, Swinub, Remoraid, Octillery Mantine, Skarmory, Houndour, and Houndoom. Unless they are all soewhere else, but none of them are in Johto. The odd thing is, I could have sworn Luteshi had a Skarmory for an avatar at one point, meaning that it must have been there, although, it is possible that they are just not loading on my computer, could someone please check for me? They should be before Phanphy and after Kingdra. If anyone cojuld check for me, that would be greatly appreciated, so I know that they really are missing and not just my computer goin crazy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:01 am

i don't see them either, I'm starting to think that when they divided the big old mess of avatars by regions instead of being all together, they cut some out....I know for a fact Lostcall has a houndoom, and i remember seeing piloswine and octillery in the past. Someone might need to go to the original site where they got them from and recheck which are there or not >.<
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:20 am

It's very odd, and I don't think they were from a site, I think they were made on here.
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:03 am

:u Actually, it's not that they haven't put the avatars for that specific Pokemon, just that sometimes the web browser might not load all the avatars properly. They might be divided by region, but that's still a ton of pictures to load. It happens to me sometimes too!
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:24 am

Here's the artists' gallery. I don't think those ones you mentioned are in the gallery, for some odd reason.
    Basically, all you need to do is save the preview image from the gallery pages. I believe they're the right size for the forum.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:48 pm

I have a complaint that I know for sure other people have.
    It's the time warnings goes up. Sometimes I stay up until midnight just waiting for them to be posted. I also find that even when the mod for warnings is online, they don't do it first thing and do it at the last minute. I realize warning mods have lives too, but if they have time to chat for hours I'm sure they could spend at least a few minutes on login to do warnings.
    As a solution for the problem, perhaps we can find a specific time where warnings can be posted that is a good time for everybody, due to time zones.
    It's not fair to have a character killed just because you weren't online at one in the morning.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Yea Mew almost died because of this :/ I agree completely sorry warning mods. Maybe you two need another helper.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Move the ticket threads and stuff somewhere else. I don't wanna rush over to the announcements to find Pepperyena requested a ticket or something.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:18 pm

That was fast. Point for admin activity!
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Thank you for the suggestion.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content