Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Maximum
Elite
Elite

Re: The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Post by Maximum on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [32]

"Then all that's left for us is to wait, it seems," Giovanni said as he leaned back with a grunt. Then, he asked, "So, could I ask what's in that Bureau, Looker? Why is there such a dire need to get into it in the first place? If... that's not a rude question." Oh... That's right. They didn't know what Looker's quest was. He paused in his packing to warily eye the small group. Hopefully this didn't cause some sort of rift, but he had to be sure.

Miranda quietly asked, "Is it just because of the name?" Logical guess, and she wasn't wrong. Vitaly remained silent since knew that Looker needed to be the one to answer the question, but he would still be there for support if need be.

"You're a sharp one Miss Miranda," Looker finaly said with a sad laugh. "Yes, you're very close. As fantastical as it sounds, I... lost my memory a couple of months before the outbreak. I woke up on a Hoenn shore and could remember nothing. I barely even knew what a pokemon was, and my nickname was something I knew only because it's stitched into the inside of my coat." As the man continued his story, he started looking through his own supplies, and Vitaly was ready to guess it was so he didn't have to look the others in the eye. "I've searched for my identity ever since then. A few months ago, a vague memory surfaced-- someplace called The Looker Bureau in Lumiose. It took a little while to figure out where exactly Lumiose even was, but... well... here I am. And inside that building I may finally, finally find answers..." There wasn't anything Vitaly could add, so he watched the other two, ready to jump to Looker's defense if he had to.
Giovanni
Black Guard
Black Guard

Post by Giovanni on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Late Morning||46

"Is it just because of the name?" Miranda asked, to which Giovanni had to suppress a chuckle. There was no way it wasn't.

"You're a sharp one Miss Miranda," Looker admitted with a melancholy laugh. "Yes, you're very close. As fantastical as it sounds, I... lost my memory a couple of months before the outbreak. I woke up on a Hoenn shore and could remember nothing. I barely even knew what a pokemon was, and my nickname was something I knew only because it's stitched into the inside of my coat."

The amnesiac turned away to mill through his supplies, likely to keep from having to face everyone else, and continued his sad, sad tale. Giovanni would have felt pity if Looker hadn't spent a good chunk of his career hunting Giovanni down. "I've searched for my identity ever since then. A few months ago, a vague memory surfaced-- someplace called The Looker Bureau in Lumiose. It took a little while to figure out where exactly Lumiose even was, but... well... here I am. And inside that building I may finally, finally find answers..."

Now that was some disturbing news. He was getting memories back? It had been four or so years since Looker's memories were obliterated, and if this was one of the only things that resurfaced, chances were that Giovanni was still in the clear. But the Bureau itself might prove an issue; if there were any files on him, that would end the con fairly quickly. Then again, this was his Kalos branch. Why would Looker have files on Giovanni in a region he'd never set foot in? Hmm. It was a gamble, to be sure.

"Well, hopefully your long trek will yield something, Looker. To think all this effort and struggle you've endured-- surely something is there for you," he expertly soothed, his voice genuine in its sympathy. "But I feel confident that there's something there for you."
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Lumiose City (Sycamore's Lab) | Late Morning
Post 39

"You're a sharp one Miss Miranda." Miranda's naive question had apparently struck a chord with Looker as he let out a soft, melancholy laugh leaving Miranda feeling crummy for turning the mood. "Yes, you're very close. As fantastical as it sounds, I... lost my memory a couple of months before the outbreak. I woke up on a Hoenn shore and could remember nothing. I barely even knew what a pokemon was, and my nickname was something I knew only because it's stitched into the inside of my coat."

Oh the poor man! Miranda's hand came up to her mouth with a barely audible gasp as Looker told his tale, moving closer to Giovanni for any source of comfort as she suddenly felt cold for bringing up such dark thoughts. Truly she knew it wasn't just her that had started it but hitting the nail on the head like that couldn't have been easy for the man. He couldn't even look at them anymore as he spoke. "I've searched for my identity ever since then. A few months ago, a vague memory surfaced-- someplace called The Looker Bureau in Lumiose. It took a little while to figure out where exactly Lumiose even was, but... well... here I am. And inside that building I may finally, finally find answers..."

"Well, hopefully your long trek will yield something, Looker. To think all this effort and struggle you've endured-- surely something is there for you," Giovanni replied smoothly were as the rest of them fell embarrassingly silent. "But I feel confident that there's something there for you." Miranda lowered her hand to rest on Mr. Don's forearm and offered him a warm, appreciative smile as he attempted to placate Looker. "Yes, of course. If even a small bit of a memory is there it will be worth it for you to regain it. And that's worth risking making our way there, especially since you helped us. This way maybe we can be of some help to you in return."
Looker
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Looker on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:50 pm

Lumiose City - Professor Sycamore's Laboratory - Late Morning
{33}

"Well, hopefully your long trek will yield something, Looker. To think all this effort and struggle you've endured-- surely something is there for you." Looker glanced up, feeling his eyes fill with tears at the smooth assurance. He glanced from Don to his ward.

They believed him.

Four years and two months of cruelty at the hands of those who thought he was insane or a con man. And now, suddenly he had met not one, but several people who did. Who not only believed him, but wanted to help him unravel this mystery.

"But I feel confident that there's something there for you."

Please. Please let there be. I won't ask for much else.

"Yes, of course. If even a small bit of a memory is there it will be worth it for you to regain it. And that's worth risking making our way there, especially since you helped us. This way maybe we can be of some help to you in return."

"That... that's kind of you," Looker managed to say with a little laugh of sheer relief. "I'm grateful for the help. Nobody's... really wanted to, before; few people believe me. I suppose I can't blame them for it but..."

But they didn't have to be cruel about it. Yet, many were. Patronizing, at best.

Now wasn't the time to dwell on that. He shook his head to dislodge the thoughts and smiled at each of them.

"Never mind. That's not productive. Thank you for helping me; I'm a very lucky man, to have met so many friendly and helpful people in one place!" Zipping up his bag, he took a deep breath, nearly giddy with excitement.

This was really happening, wasn't it?

"We have our supplies and a route planned. We should probably make absolutely sure we have everything we want from this building before venturing out; once we're on our way, it wouldn't be easy to return. And this building seems to have done very well in resisting the apocalypse, so there might yet be resources in it."

(Next cycle we roll out! Take this round to give you and your characters some time to contemplate what they might want to take from the Pokemon Lab, because they won't be coming back.)
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Post by Maximum on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:46 am

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [33]

Thankfully, there was nothing to fear from the two newcomers. "Well, hopefully your long trek will yield something, Looker. To think all this effort and struggle you've endured-- surely something is there for you," Giovanni was quick to reassure Looker. He was even hopeful! He added, "But I feel confident that there's something there for you."

The girl had drawn closer to her guardian for comfort during Looker's tale. She added her attempts at comfort with a reassuring smile. "Yes, of course. If even a small bit of a memory is there it will be worth it for you to regain it. And that's worth risking making our way there, especially since you helped us. This way maybe we can be of some help to you in return."

"That... that's kind of you," Looker said with a little laugh of relief. "I'm grateful for the help. Nobody's... really wanted to, before; few people believe me. I suppose I can't blame them for it but..." That made Vitaly and Drizzt look at Looker in pity. Vitaly had never dared to tell most people he couldn't remember certain parts of his life, and the fact that most people wouldn't believe him had been a major factor in that. Looker shook his head before continuing to speak, "Never mind. That's not productive. Thank you for helping me; I'm a very lucky man, to have met so many friendly and helpful people in one place!" He then said, "We have our supplies and a route planned. We should probably make absolutely sure we have everything we want from this building before venturing out; once we're on our way, it wouldn't be easy to return. And this building seems to have done very well in resisting the apocalypse, so there might yet be resources in it."

Since it seemed like they weren't in danger, Vitaly finished organizing his supplies and then wandered back to the bookshelves. Even if some of the writings went right over his head, it was still a shame to lose the knowledge...
Giovanni
Black Guard
Black Guard

Post by Giovanni on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Late Morning||47

Giovanni wasn't surprised as Miranda offered her own hopeful thoughts. They were at least completely genuine, coming from her. "Yes, of course. If even a small bit of a memory is there it will be worth it for you to regain it. And that's worth risking making our way there, especially since you helped us. This way maybe we can be of some help to you in return." Truly, it was remarkable a girl such as herself had survived so long. People such as himself were made for a world like this, but her?

Looker beamed with hope and joy as they gave their answers, and Giovanni once again had to expertly repress the urge to giggle. "That... that's kind of you," The relief in his voice almost made Giovanni feel bad. He was so happy, so... joyous. Yeah. He almost felt bad for the man at this point. It just wasn't fair. "I'm grateful for the help. Nobody's... really wanted to, before; few people believe me. I suppose I can't blame them for it but..." Another expertly suppressed laugh. Oh, this was just too good. "Never mind. That's not productive. Thank you for helping me; I'm a very lucky man, to have met so many friendly and helpful people in one place!"

Yes. So lucky.

"We have our supplies and a route planned. We should probably make absolutely sure we have everything we want from this building before venturing out; once we're on our way, it wouldn't be easy to return. And this building seems to have done very well in resisting the apocalypse, so there might yet be resources in it." Taking in a deep breath, Giovanni grunted as he shifted, patting Miss LeClair on the shoulder as he did.

"Miss LeClair, if you would... be so kind as to gather our things? I think I... will take a nap until we start moving." He let out a long breath as he leaned back against Scout, happy to be in a better position. "Thank you..."
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:30 am

Lumiose City (Sycamore's Lab) | Late Morning
Post 40

"That... that's kind of you," Miranda smiled at the simple compliment and quietly nodded her head, happy to have been some help. "I'm grateful for the help. Nobody's... really wanted to, before; few people believe me. I suppose I can't blame them for it but...Never mind. That's not productive. Thank you for helping me; I'm a very lucky man, to have met so many friendly and helpful people in one place!"

Oh the poor man, having to go through so much only to have people not believe him? How terrible! Thankfully Mr. Don was not like those awful people and she happily placed her trust in the older man, it was good that Looker could too. "We have our supplies and a route planned. We should probably make absolutely sure we have everything we want from this building before venturing out; once we're on our way, it wouldn't be easy to return. And this building seems to have done very well in resisting the apocalypse, so there might yet be resources in it."

Turning to look at Giovanni as he tapped her shoulder she looked over him worriedly a moment before he finally spoke. "Miss LeClair, if you would... be so kind as to gather our things? I think I... will take a nap until we start moving." With a happy smile she nodded and tucked his jacket back over his chest to aid with any chill as his skin was still very pale from blood loss. "Of course, you just rest. I'll take care of everything."

"Thank you..." Eager for something to do she followed her instructions and began packing up everything that had been scattered about in the mad rush to save her guardian's life. Several of their belongings were now blood stained so she wrapped them all carefully in the remains of Giovanni's bloodied, yet dry, shirt and tucked them away. She pulled out one clean one for him to put on when he woke up but left it sitting on the back of a chair so she wouldn't idly clean it up again. Now really all there was to do was wait for him to wake up so they could all leave.
Looker
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Looker on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Lumiose City - Professor Sycamore's Laboratory - Late Morning
{34}

Looker looked over his own supplies as the others handled theirs, mentally ticking everything off as he checked through his bag. Good, so he appeared to have everything he had come in here with.

He glanced about at the room again, feeling a twinge of sadness at the thought of leaving it empty once again. All of that knowledge... hell, even the simple atmosphere of the room was enough to be comforting. The gramophone and the books were the two most inviting things he had seen in awhile.

But he had a lead to chase down. Perhaps someday he could return, but for now...

Now it was time to say goodbye to this place and prepare to leave it.

Lumiose City - Professor Sycamore's Laboratory - Early Afternoon

Unwilling to wake Giovanni, Looker waited patiently for the man to wake on his own. Once he did, Looker turned to Vitaly to consult him about the best way to leave the building.

Despite both of them wanting to leave through a window, Giovanni's condition had to be considered. In the end, it was better they go through the front door. No sense in potentially aggravating anything that had just healed, and the city's residents had long since moved on by now, anyway.

He took it upon himself to step out first, his hand on his gun, ready to draw it at a moment's notice. But luckily, there was no sign of anything.

He stared up a moment at the sky as he called the others out, fishing the key out of his sweater to rub it between his fingers. All those skyscrapers...

And somewhere in this maze of glass, concrete, and steel was, very possibly, what he had been looking for all along.

The route they'd decided on would take them a little further up, to a street beteen Esteval Avenue and Magenta Plaza. The Avenues themselves were best avoided if possible; apparently, the thugs that called this place home had not claimed every single one, especially not on this side of the city, but they were wider, more open streets, given that they were main streets. Looker did not like the idea of being out in the open like that, so their route would mostly avoid Avenues like that until Autumnal Avenue.

Now, hopefully, they wouldn't run into any trouble...

"All right," he said as the others came out, putting the key away before he turned around, the excitement leaking into his voice despite himself, "away we go! Hopefully none of the city's... occupants have set up any roadblocks. If we move quickly we should be at the Bureau shortly after it gets dark. Fingers crossed!"

And so it began.
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Post by Maximum on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:46 pm

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [34]

Vitaly heard the soft footsteps of his Weavile before Drizzt spoke, "You know we can't take them with us." The tone wasn't reprimending or teasing. He regretted this as much as Vitaly did.

"I know." Ultimately, Vitaly sighed as he turned away from the shelves. He hated the thought of leaving the books behind. Not necessarily because he could use it, but because people didn't prioritize the preservation of knowledge now. He hoped if these books were found that they wouldn't be used for fuel for a fire or something. Maybe if he found a safe location, he could come back and move these...

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Early Afternoon

As they waited for Giovanni to wake up, Vitaly nervously went back over his supplies. Drizzt had to slap his hand away from the bag after it became clear that the task was completely done, and going back over it wouldn't do anything. Once the man was awake, however it was easier to focus on other things as they prepared to leave. He and Looker discussed potential exits, and while a window would absolutely be safer, reopening Giovanni's wounds wouldn't help them at all. So they settled on going through the door and hoping for the best. Thankfully, the city's other residents had long since given up the chase from several days ago, and it wasn't likely they'd be over this way anytime soon.

Looker had insisted on being the first to go out, but Vitaly kept his hand near his gun in case of any conflict. After a few seconds of waiting, Looker called for them to come out. Vitaly and Drizzt scanned the area anyway as they exited; they had lived here too long to not remain cautious. However, staying in the open was already making them nervous as Looker talked. "All right. Away we go! Hopefully none of the city's... occupants have set up any roadblocks. If we move quickly we should be at the Bureau shortly after it gets dark. Fingers crossed!" They chose to remain quiet as they followed Looker.
Giovanni
Black Guard
Black Guard

Post by Giovanni on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:09 am

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Early Afternoon||48

Giovanni emerged from his nap somewhat more refreshed, but his shoulder was far more sore than he'd anticipated. After all, it had been a while since he was shot. Thankfully, he managed to change his shirt from the bloodied rag it had been to a newer one. Constantly reeking of old blood wasn't something he was terribly keen on achieving. He was not a man to allow himself to be so disgusting, even in the apocalypse and wounded.

As they gathered themselves for the journey at the front door to their makeshift sanctuary, Giovanni found himself watching the Detective like a hawk. Just where he'd be able to hit the man in the most effective spots to disable him for an escape. Truthfully, the planning was done more out of recreation rather than actual fear or need. Giovanni was completely sure he was capable of overpowering the detective, even if his companion was a bit more of a wild card. Vitaly moved too easily and too smoothly for Giovanni's tastes.

Looker excitedly glanced around all of them, eager to get on their way. It was still endearing, despite the danger. "All right. Away we go! Hopefully none of the city's... occupants have set up any roadblocks. If we move quickly we should be at the Bureau shortly after it gets dark. Fingers crossed!" Giovanni nodded and handled his own gun. It would be interesting aiming with his shoulder kaput.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:32 pm