Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 6 Empty Re: The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Post by Maximum Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:54 pm

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_ot2drxido51r82t0h_400
    Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [32]

"Then all that's left for us is to wait, it seems," Giovanni said as he leaned back with a grunt. Then, he asked, "So, could I ask what's in that Bureau, Looker? Why is there such a dire need to get into it in the first place? If... that's not a rude question." Oh... That's right. They didn't know what Looker's quest was. He paused in his packing to warily eye the small group. Hopefully this didn't cause some sort of rift, but he had to be sure.

Miranda quietly asked, "Is it just because of the name?" Logical guess, and she wasn't wrong. Vitaly remained silent since knew that Looker needed to be the one to answer the question, but he would still be there for support if need be.

"You're a sharp one Miss Miranda," Looker finaly said with a sad laugh. "Yes, you're very close. As fantastical as it sounds, I... lost my memory a couple of months before the outbreak. I woke up on a Hoenn shore and could remember nothing. I barely even knew what a pokemon was, and my nickname was something I knew only because it's stitched into the inside of my coat." As the man continued his story, he started looking through his own supplies, and Vitaly was ready to guess it was so he didn't have to look the others in the eye. "I've searched for my identity ever since then. A few months ago, a vague memory surfaced-- someplace called The Looker Bureau in Lumiose. It took a little while to figure out where exactly Lumiose even was, but... well... here I am. And inside that building I may finally, finally find answers..." There wasn't anything Vitaly could add, so he watched the other two, ready to jump to Looker's defense if he had to.
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:33 pm

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 6 V8EhZTq

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Late Morning||46

"Is it just because of the name?" Miranda asked, to which Giovanni had to suppress a chuckle. There was no way it wasn't.

"You're a sharp one Miss Miranda," Looker admitted with a melancholy laugh. "Yes, you're very close. As fantastical as it sounds, I... lost my memory a couple of months before the outbreak. I woke up on a Hoenn shore and could remember nothing. I barely even knew what a pokemon was, and my nickname was something I knew only because it's stitched into the inside of my coat."

The amnesiac turned away to mill through his supplies, likely to keep from having to face everyone else, and continued his sad, sad tale. Giovanni would have felt pity if Looker hadn't spent a good chunk of his career hunting Giovanni down. "I've searched for my identity ever since then. A few months ago, a vague memory surfaced-- someplace called The Looker Bureau in Lumiose. It took a little while to figure out where exactly Lumiose even was, but... well... here I am. And inside that building I may finally, finally find answers..."

Now that was some disturbing news. He was getting memories back? It had been four or so years since Looker's memories were obliterated, and if this was one of the only things that resurfaced, chances were that Giovanni was still in the clear. But the Bureau itself might prove an issue; if there were any files on him, that would end the con fairly quickly. Then again, this was his Kalos branch. Why would Looker have files on Giovanni in a region he'd never set foot in? Hmm. It was a gamble, to be sure.

"Well, hopefully your long trek will yield something, Looker. To think all this effort and struggle you've endured-- surely something is there for you," he expertly soothed, his voice genuine in its sympathy. "But I feel confident that there's something there for you."
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:09 pm

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 6 W0wehGT
    Lumiose City (Sycamore's Lab) | Late Morning
    Post 39

"You're a sharp one Miss Miranda." Miranda's naive question had apparently struck a chord with Looker as he let out a soft, melancholy laugh leaving Miranda feeling crummy for turning the mood. "Yes, you're very close. As fantastical as it sounds, I... lost my memory a couple of months before the outbreak. I woke up on a Hoenn shore and could remember nothing. I barely even knew what a pokemon was, and my nickname was something I knew only because it's stitched into the inside of my coat."

Oh the poor man! Miranda's hand came up to her mouth with a barely audible gasp as Looker told his tale, moving closer to Giovanni for any source of comfort as she suddenly felt cold for bringing up such dark thoughts. Truly she knew it wasn't just her that had started it but hitting the nail on the head like that couldn't have been easy for the man. He couldn't even look at them anymore as he spoke. "I've searched for my identity ever since then. A few months ago, a vague memory surfaced-- someplace called The Looker Bureau in Lumiose. It took a little while to figure out where exactly Lumiose even was, but... well... here I am. And inside that building I may finally, finally find answers..."

"Well, hopefully your long trek will yield something, Looker. To think all this effort and struggle you've endured-- surely something is there for you," Giovanni replied smoothly were as the rest of them fell embarrassingly silent. "But I feel confident that there's something there for you." Miranda lowered her hand to rest on Mr. Don's forearm and offered him a warm, appreciative smile as he attempted to placate Looker. "Yes, of course. If even a small bit of a memory is there it will be worth it for you to regain it. And that's worth risking making our way there, especially since you helped us. This way maybe we can be of some help to you in return."
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:50 pm

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 6 Tumblr_o3rarhQaja1uc5v85o1_400
    Lumiose City - Professor Sycamore's Laboratory - Late Morning
    {33}

"Well, hopefully your long trek will yield something, Looker. To think all this effort and struggle you've endured-- surely something is there for you." Looker glanced up, feeling his eyes fill with tears at the smooth assurance. He glanced from Don to his ward.

They believed him.

Four years and two months of cruelty at the hands of those who thought he was insane or a con man. And now, suddenly he had met not one, but several people who did. Who not only believed him, but wanted to help him unravel this mystery.

"But I feel confident that there's something there for you."

Please. Please let there be. I won't ask for much else.

"Yes, of course. If even a small bit of a memory is there it will be worth it for you to regain it. And that's worth risking making our way there, especially since you helped us. This way maybe we can be of some help to you in return."

"That... that's kind of you," Looker managed to say with a little laugh of sheer relief. "I'm grateful for the help. Nobody's... really wanted to, before; few people believe me. I suppose I can't blame them for it but..."

But they didn't have to be cruel about it. Yet, many were. Patronizing, at best.

Now wasn't the time to dwell on that. He shook his head to dislodge the thoughts and smiled at each of them.

"Never mind. That's not productive. Thank you for helping me; I'm a very lucky man, to have met so many friendly and helpful people in one place!" Zipping up his bag, he took a deep breath, nearly giddy with excitement.

This was really happening, wasn't it?

"We have our supplies and a route planned. We should probably make absolutely sure we have everything we want from this building before venturing out; once we're on our way, it wouldn't be easy to return. And this building seems to have done very well in resisting the apocalypse, so there might yet be resources in it."

(Next cycle we roll out! Take this round to give you and your characters some time to contemplate what they might want to take from the Pokemon Lab, because they won't be coming back.)
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:46 am

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [33]

Thankfully, there was nothing to fear from the two newcomers. "Well, hopefully your long trek will yield something, Looker. To think all this effort and struggle you've endured-- surely something is there for you," Giovanni was quick to reassure Looker. He was even hopeful! He added, "But I feel confident that there's something there for you."

The girl had drawn closer to her guardian for comfort during Looker's tale. She added her attempts at comfort with a reassuring smile. "Yes, of course. If even a small bit of a memory is there it will be worth it for you to regain it. And that's worth risking making our way there, especially since you helped us. This way maybe we can be of some help to you in return."

"That... that's kind of you," Looker said with a little laugh of relief. "I'm grateful for the help. Nobody's... really wanted to, before; few people believe me. I suppose I can't blame them for it but..." That made Vitaly and Drizzt look at Looker in pity. Vitaly had never dared to tell most people he couldn't remember certain parts of his life, and the fact that most people wouldn't believe him had been a major factor in that. Looker shook his head before continuing to speak, "Never mind. That's not productive. Thank you for helping me; I'm a very lucky man, to have met so many friendly and helpful people in one place!" He then said, "We have our supplies and a route planned. We should probably make absolutely sure we have everything we want from this building before venturing out; once we're on our way, it wouldn't be easy to return. And this building seems to have done very well in resisting the apocalypse, so there might yet be resources in it."

Since it seemed like they weren't in danger, Vitaly finished organizing his supplies and then wandered back to the bookshelves. Even if some of the writings went right over his head, it was still a shame to lose the knowledge...
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Late Morning||47

Giovanni wasn't surprised as Miranda offered her own hopeful thoughts. They were at least completely genuine, coming from her. "Yes, of course. If even a small bit of a memory is there it will be worth it for you to regain it. And that's worth risking making our way there, especially since you helped us. This way maybe we can be of some help to you in return." Truly, it was remarkable a girl such as herself had survived so long. People such as himself were made for a world like this, but her?

Looker beamed with hope and joy as they gave their answers, and Giovanni once again had to expertly repress the urge to giggle. "That... that's kind of you," The relief in his voice almost made Giovanni feel bad. He was so happy, so... joyous. Yeah. He almost felt bad for the man at this point. It just wasn't fair. "I'm grateful for the help. Nobody's... really wanted to, before; few people believe me. I suppose I can't blame them for it but..." Another expertly suppressed laugh. Oh, this was just too good. "Never mind. That's not productive. Thank you for helping me; I'm a very lucky man, to have met so many friendly and helpful people in one place!"

Yes. So lucky.

"We have our supplies and a route planned. We should probably make absolutely sure we have everything we want from this building before venturing out; once we're on our way, it wouldn't be easy to return. And this building seems to have done very well in resisting the apocalypse, so there might yet be resources in it." Taking in a deep breath, Giovanni grunted as he shifted, patting Miss LeClair on the shoulder as he did.

"Miss LeClair, if you would... be so kind as to gather our things? I think I... will take a nap until we start moving." He let out a long breath as he leaned back against Scout, happy to be in a better position. "Thank you..."
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:30 am

Lumiose City (Sycamore's Lab) | Late Morning
    Post 40

"That... that's kind of you," Miranda smiled at the simple compliment and quietly nodded her head, happy to have been some help. "I'm grateful for the help. Nobody's... really wanted to, before; few people believe me. I suppose I can't blame them for it but...Never mind. That's not productive. Thank you for helping me; I'm a very lucky man, to have met so many friendly and helpful people in one place!"

Oh the poor man, having to go through so much only to have people not believe him? How terrible! Thankfully Mr. Don was not like those awful people and she happily placed her trust in the older man, it was good that Looker could too. "We have our supplies and a route planned. We should probably make absolutely sure we have everything we want from this building before venturing out; once we're on our way, it wouldn't be easy to return. And this building seems to have done very well in resisting the apocalypse, so there might yet be resources in it."

Turning to look at Giovanni as he tapped her shoulder she looked over him worriedly a moment before he finally spoke. "Miss LeClair, if you would... be so kind as to gather our things? I think I... will take a nap until we start moving." With a happy smile she nodded and tucked his jacket back over his chest to aid with any chill as his skin was still very pale from blood loss. "Of course, you just rest. I'll take care of everything."

"Thank you..." Eager for something to do she followed her instructions and began packing up everything that had been scattered about in the mad rush to save her guardian's life. Several of their belongings were now blood stained so she wrapped them all carefully in the remains of Giovanni's bloodied, yet dry, shirt and tucked them away. She pulled out one clean one for him to put on when he woke up but left it sitting on the back of a chair so she wouldn't idly clean it up again. Now really all there was to do was wait for him to wake up so they could all leave.
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Lumiose City - Professor Sycamore's Laboratory - Late Morning
    {34}

Looker looked over his own supplies as the others handled theirs, mentally ticking everything off as he checked through his bag. Good, so he appeared to have everything he had come in here with.

He glanced about at the room again, feeling a twinge of sadness at the thought of leaving it empty once again. All of that knowledge... hell, even the simple atmosphere of the room was enough to be comforting. The gramophone and the books were the two most inviting things he had seen in awhile.

But he had a lead to chase down. Perhaps someday he could return, but for now...

Now it was time to say goodbye to this place and prepare to leave it.

Lumiose City - Professor Sycamore's Laboratory - Early Afternoon

Unwilling to wake Giovanni, Looker waited patiently for the man to wake on his own. Once he did, Looker turned to Vitaly to consult him about the best way to leave the building.

Despite both of them wanting to leave through a window, Giovanni's condition had to be considered. In the end, it was better they go through the front door. No sense in potentially aggravating anything that had just healed, and the city's residents had long since moved on by now, anyway.

He took it upon himself to step out first, his hand on his gun, ready to draw it at a moment's notice. But luckily, there was no sign of anything.

He stared up a moment at the sky as he called the others out, fishing the key out of his sweater to rub it between his fingers. All those skyscrapers...

And somewhere in this maze of glass, concrete, and steel was, very possibly, what he had been looking for all along.

The route they'd decided on would take them a little further up, to a street beteen Esteval Avenue and Magenta Plaza. The Avenues themselves were best avoided if possible; apparently, the thugs that called this place home had not claimed every single one, especially not on this side of the city, but they were wider, more open streets, given that they were main streets. Looker did not like the idea of being out in the open like that, so their route would mostly avoid Avenues like that until Autumnal Avenue.

Now, hopefully, they wouldn't run into any trouble...

"All right," he said as the others came out, putting the key away before he turned around, the excitement leaking into his voice despite himself, "away we go! Hopefully none of the city's... occupants have set up any roadblocks. If we move quickly we should be at the Bureau shortly after it gets dark. Fingers crossed!"

And so it began.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:46 pm

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [34]

Vitaly heard the soft footsteps of his Weavile before Drizzt spoke, "You know we can't take them with us." The tone wasn't reprimending or teasing. He regretted this as much as Vitaly did.

"I know." Ultimately, Vitaly sighed as he turned away from the shelves. He hated the thought of leaving the books behind. Not necessarily because he could use it, but because people didn't prioritize the preservation of knowledge now. He hoped if these books were found that they wouldn't be used for fuel for a fire or something. Maybe if he found a safe location, he could come back and move these...

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Early Afternoon

As they waited for Giovanni to wake up, Vitaly nervously went back over his supplies. Drizzt had to slap his hand away from the bag after it became clear that the task was completely done, and going back over it wouldn't do anything. Once the man was awake, however it was easier to focus on other things as they prepared to leave. He and Looker discussed potential exits, and while a window would absolutely be safer, reopening Giovanni's wounds wouldn't help them at all. So they settled on going through the door and hoping for the best. Thankfully, the city's other residents had long since given up the chase from several days ago, and it wasn't likely they'd be over this way anytime soon.

Looker had insisted on being the first to go out, but Vitaly kept his hand near his gun in case of any conflict. After a few seconds of waiting, Looker called for them to come out. Vitaly and Drizzt scanned the area anyway as they exited; they had lived here too long to not remain cautious. However, staying in the open was already making them nervous as Looker talked. "All right. Away we go! Hopefully none of the city's... occupants have set up any roadblocks. If we move quickly we should be at the Bureau shortly after it gets dark. Fingers crossed!" They chose to remain quiet as they followed Looker.
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:09 am

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Early Afternoon||48

Giovanni emerged from his nap somewhat more refreshed, but his shoulder was far more sore than he'd anticipated. After all, it had been a while since he was shot. Thankfully, he managed to change his shirt from the bloodied rag it had been to a newer one. Constantly reeking of old blood wasn't something he was terribly keen on achieving. He was not a man to allow himself to be so disgusting, even in the apocalypse and wounded.

As they gathered themselves for the journey at the front door to their makeshift sanctuary, Giovanni found himself watching the Detective like a hawk. Just where he'd be able to hit the man in the most effective spots to disable him for an escape. Truthfully, the planning was done more out of recreation rather than actual fear or need. Giovanni was completely sure he was capable of overpowering the detective, even if his companion was a bit more of a wild card. Vitaly moved too easily and too smoothly for Giovanni's tastes.

Looker excitedly glanced around all of them, eager to get on their way. It was still endearing, despite the danger. "All right. Away we go! Hopefully none of the city's... occupants have set up any roadblocks. If we move quickly we should be at the Bureau shortly after it gets dark. Fingers crossed!" Giovanni nodded and handled his own gun. It would be interesting aiming with his shoulder kaput.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:46 am

Lumiose City (Sycamore's Lab) | Early Afternoon
    Post 41

Miranda was normally a very patient young lady but when worrying over Giovanni as he slept she found her mind incapable of being quiet which drove her to find things to do during their wait. It began simply, stitching a few fraying bits of her clothing and trying to scrub the mud stains out of her tights, but eventually those too were no longer an option leaving her with a gnawing sense of worry that refused to be ignored. This man was her only friend and guardian since her father had passed away and he had never been seriously injured before while they were together, she wasn’t sure how well or how strongly he would recover which left her feeling adrift in a sea of doubt. Giovanni was strong…but was he strong enough not to leave her too?

Her nervous busy work soon found its pause when he finally awoke and Miranda practically flew to his side to make sure he didn’t need anything. He found the shirt she had left him with no issue and even put it on himself so it gave the young girl some hope that he wasn’t still suffering. Even as she helped grab their things she kept beside him vigilantly in case he asked anything of her or if she spotted he needed assistance with his shoulder out. Though Giovanni handling his gun made her a little more than nervous about what they might encounter once outside the protective walls. "All right. Away we go! Hopefully none of the city's... occupants have set up any roadblocks. If we move quickly we should be at the Bureau shortly after it gets dark. Fingers crossed!"

“Oh, before we go, since I have several ghost Pokemon with me would you like to have one of them peak outside for you to make sure everything is clear? They can also check any alleys ahead of us while we go to make sure there isn’t obvious trouble…” Miranda trailed off as her gaze moved back to Giovanni, worry settling in again. “Just ask them what to do and I’m sure they’d be happy to help.”
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:28 pm

Lumiose City - South Boulevard - Early Afternoon
    {35}

Looker was happy to accept the girl's help, smiling with delight. What a wonderful idea!

"Thank you, Miss Miranda," wishing again that he had a pokemon of his own. "May I know what pokemon you have available? And- ah- I may need to be told basic things about their sepcies..."

After a brief discussion and rundown of the ghosts that Miranda had available, Looker settled on François, a name he privately found adorable and a pokemon species that was so cute it was hard to find him threatening. It continued to amaze him that such tiny little creatures could hold such power in them.

The Misdreavus proved very helpful as they made their way down the South Boulevard, helping them avoid a couple run-ins with the thugs who ran this city. Hiding until they passed was nerve-wracking, but far more preferable to anything else. And, at least, the two times it happened, they were moving from a building, across the street, to the alleys or streets that led deeper into the city. It could be worse. Much worse.

As if the fates had heard that thought, their luck ran out. The South Boulevard was a half-circle around the city, and at the point in which it transitioned into North Boulevard, with a beautiful stone gate ahead that the maybe-detective knew from the map would mark the exit to Route 13, trouble struck. Looker's heart sank to see that up ahead there seemed to be a group of people in their way... with no intention of moving.

"François," he addressed the little ghost, "would you see if you can get close enough to see what they're doing? Maybe we'll be lucky and they'll be wrapping up what they're doing soon."

If not, they would have to figure out a different route around.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [35]

Before they got too far, Miranda brought up a suggestion. “Oh, before we go, since I have several ghost Pokemon with me would you like to have one of them peak outside for you to make sure everything is clear? They can also check any alleys ahead of us while we go to make sure there isn’t obvious trouble…” Her gaze went to her wounded companion. “Just ask them what to do and I’m sure they’d be happy to help.”

Looker took up her offer, "Thank you, Miss Miranda. May I know what pokemon you have available? And- ah- I may need to be told basic things about their species..." Vitaly couldn't help but feel some pity for the poor man. Not knowing so much was what drove Vitaly to read and research as much as he had. While they discussed the available ghosts, Vitaly and Drizzt kept watch just in case. They settled on a Misdreavus. Yeah, that would be sneaky enough to stay hidden in the shadows. Unlike a certain yellow spider...

The ghost helped them avoid at least two run-ins with the locals. They didn't seem to be searching thoroughly, so at least that meant they had likely dropped their guard. As they had to wait for the groups to pass, Vitaly and Drizzt held their positions with a practiced ease that betrayed little nervousness. They were both used to waiting. That didn't mean they were lax, however. Drizzt's claws were up while Vitaly was ready to use his gun if they had to. Thankfully, nothing came of these incidents, and they were able to pass with relative ease.

Until they reached the gate that Vitaly knew would lead to the badlands. There was a group of gang members standing there, and it didn't look like they planned on moving. "François, would you see if you can get close enough to see what they're doing? Maybe we'll be lucky and they'll be wrapping up what they're doing soon." That would be the best case scenario, so that they wouldn't have to figure out a different route on the fly.

"Be careful... There's a lot more eyes out," Vitaly said in a quiet voice. Even if the ghost probably knew better, he couldn't help giving the advice.
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Lumiose City||South Boulevard||Early Afternoon||49

“Oh, before we go, since I have several ghost Pokemon with me would you like to have one of them peak outside for you to make sure everything is clear? They can also check any alleys ahead of us while we go to make sure there isn’t obvious trouble… Just ask them what to do and I’m sure they’d be happy to help.”

Looker gratefully took her offer. "Thank you, Miss Miranda. May I know what pokemon you have available? And- ah- I may need to be told basic things about their species..." Giovanni expertly hid the blossoming pride and humor he felt at the sheepish admittance. Every single mention of the amnesia and how useless he was because of it was another victory. For years, that detective had dogged him, tried to unfurl his web, tried to ruin him, and it all led to that damned child bringing his empire crumbling down. And now, here this legendary detective was, having to ask a young child what a misdreavus was.

Eventually, they settled on a pokemon to scout ahead and they made their way through the ruined city. Giovanni inwardly lamented the loss of such a dazzling gem. Despite being the main reason it and other metropolises like it were destroyed in the first place, he did miss civilization as a whole. The bustling streets, music and art, the dazzling lights that marked the nightlife. How beautiful these streets must have been, bathed in the warm glow from the lanterns that used to line the streets, so numerous and brilliant they drowned out the very stars. What a triumphant visual.

Ah, well.

Eventually, they came to an impasse. It seemed that some members of the gang that was responsible for his wound were blocking the way forward. "François, would you see if you can get close enough to see what they're doing? Maybe we'll be lucky and they'll be wrapping up what they're doing soon." While waiting for them to move on was indeed the best case scenario, Giovanni wasn't entirely sure that would be the case here. His luck had been spotty here in the city.

"Be careful... There's a lot more eyes out," Vitaly added in a hushed whisper. Giovanni silently agreed, keeping his gun handy just in case.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Lumiose City (Sycamore's Lab) | Early Afternoon
    Post 42

"Thank you, Miss Miranda." The gratitude made Miranda blush happily as she pulled her Poke balls out. "May I know what pokemon you have available? And- ah- I may need to be told basic things about their species..." She nodded and set each one out onto a nearby table, the multiple colors forming an imperfect rainbow of color in the dark, dusty room.

"No worries! I'm happy to help. Two of the ghosts you have already met, Durandal and Esmé, but I have a couple of others too." As if on cue the Aegislash let out a huff-like sound by dragging his tassel across the ground quickly. He didn't like being left out of guarding his small charge but Miranda just smiled at him before going back to the Poke balls. "This one is my Pumpkaboo, Thérèse, she's very quiet but a little big... she's almost as big as that chair... Yeah maybe not. I also have my Misdreavus, François, he's pretty small and very quiet unless he is trying to spook someone. He is also really good at blending into the shadows. Would you like to meet them up close?"

After both getting a chance to stretch their metaphorical limbs and meet their new company along with a few brief introductions to what each could do Looker eventually settled on François, much to the small ghost's delight. He was proud to help out Miranda and her weird new friends, especially since Don was apparently down and unable to protect her himself. That was weird. What happened? Whatever, there was work to do.

The trip through the city was slow going but for the most part uneventful, François making sure that he kept them steered away from any people. It was only when they came to one certain pass that he had to stop them. The gate ahead of them had people but while they might make it around them it was going to be really tricky. One or even two of them maybe, but the injured Don and his mammoth flying scorpion? Not as easy. "Alright, there are some people ahead blocking the way. There is quite a few of them and they seem to be doing something, hard to tell from here. What would you all like to do?"

"Oh my... Should we double back?"

"François," came the taller strange man's response, "would you see if you can get close enough to see what they're doing? Maybe we'll be lucky and they'll be wrapping up what they're doing soon."

"Certainly, one moment please."

"Be careful... There's a lot more eyes out." Nodding the Misdreavus set off, moving quickly through the shadows he pushed forward until he could get a better look at the humans blocking his little mistress's way and what he saw infuriated him. Four men and one wickedly sadistic woman were beating and corralling a horse Pokemon he had never seen before and it looked just as pissed as he felt. It clearly did not want to do whatever they were trying to get it to do and these people seemed to not understand the meaning of the word no. Bastards.

Flitting back to the collection of humans the little ghost and the shadows around him began to flare angrily as he manifested in front of them. "Those sick, pardon my language my lady, bastards are beating a Pokemon at the gate. They are trying to force it outside it looks like but I cannot fathom as to why. It clearly doesn't want to go though. We aren't going to just let them kill that poor beast are we?!"
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:46 pm

{36}

While François went ahead to snoop, Looker fiddled with the cuff of his coat, allowing himself for a few minutes to think back on meeting Miranda's pokemon. Something about them felt familiar and safe, despite the reputation he had heard whispers of regarding ghosts. While he could put no names to their species, there was an undeniable relaxing of the soul that he had felt, and he wondered what it might be connected to. It wasn't a ghost who had saved him from drowning...

A sudden jolt ran through him as something very obvious occured to him. My key. I thought it had been tangled around my wrists, but-!

Before, when Vitaly had brought the possibility to his mind that what happened to him may have been deliberate, he focused more on the aspect of having his memory purposely taken from him. So much had that troubled him, and the possibility in general that this was all the result of something that had been done to him on purpose, that he hadn't even taken into consideration what else suddenly made sense in light of that, if it were indeed true. The key he wore around his neck--and that he bady wanted to fidget with, but refrained from it in the company of others--that key that had been tangled around his wrists and that he'd so desperately thrashed against as he sank below the ocean...

If he had been attacked, then...

Someone bound me with that key. With something that was very likely his own property.

He suddenly felt very sick, and he turned his head aside to avoid anyone catching sight of his face as he took a deep breath. This was not the time for that. He could be horrified and revolted and whatever else he was feeling later. Right now there was potential danger they would have to deal with and... he was not going to allow any of them to come to harm. Not if he could help it.

That resolve helped him regain control. He looked back as François returned, feeling his anxiety rise once more. The Misdreavus did not look happy.

"Those sick, pardon my language my lady, bastards are beating a Pokemon at the gate." Looker felt his heart drop into his stomach and grit his teeth. "They are trying to force it outside it looks like but I cannot fathom as to why. It clearly doesn't want to go though. We aren't going to just let them kill that poor beast are we?!"

"No," Looker said, doing his best to keep his voice even and having no doubt his anger was leaking through, regardless, "we're not. I'm not, anyway. Does anyone want to help?"
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:08 pm

Lumiose City (South Boulevard)|Early Afternoon [36]

There wasn't much to do other than wait until the small ghost came back. Vitaly and Drizzt were too uneasy to relax, unfortunately. They were comparitively out in the open, and someone could walk in on them right now. Vitaly didn't want to think about what the locals would do with this group of people if they got their claws on them... His thoughts strayed to the man that they had captive at the moment. He had been trying to avoid thinking about Father Jude for the last few days given that he didn't even know his fate. He clutched his chest near where the pendant was hidden under his sweater.

Suddenly, the shadows shifted and flared when François reappeared. The little ghost was angry. "Those sick, pardon my language my lady, bastards are beating a Pokemon at the gate. They are trying to force it outside it looks like but I cannot fathom as to why. It clearly doesn't want to go though. We aren't going to just let them kill that poor beast are we?!" Vitaly's heart stopped. Could it be? Were they still alive? He looked at the ghost with wide eyes before a fire kindled. Even if this wasn't one of Jude's Pokemon, they couldn't leave the creature like this.

He answered quickly, "No."

Looker shared his sentiment, thankfully. "No. We're not. I'm not, anyway. Does anyone want to help?"

"We're in," Drizzt's eyes burned with a similar fire as Vitaly's.

Even if the other two humans didn't want to get involved, Vitaly's mind was made up. He asked the ghost urgently, "What kind of Pokemon is it? How many people are there?"
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:46 pm

Lumiose City (South Boulevard) | Early Afternoon
    Post 43

"No."

François smiled at the quick yet firm decision on behalf of the younger man. He admired such tenacity and it was followed quickly by the older gentleman as well. "No. We're not. I'm not, anyway. Does anyone want to help?"

"We're in." What a wonderful group his little flower had found for herself.  It made his heart sing in joy that she had such fine company rather than being forced to brave the wilds alone once more. Giovanni had seemed to bring the girl quite the string of luck of late. "What kind of Pokemon is it? How many people are there?"

"Ah, a half dozen at least," he replied with a sneer. "They have this poor beast tied at the muzzle and have been beating him a while it seems judging by the missing fur and red welts on his flank." François emphasized his shock by rolling back his head dramatically and letting out a gasping sigh. "Oh such brutality to be able to bruise a ground type like that!"

"A ground type?" Miranda echoed, her eyes growing worried as she turned to Giovanni. She knew his fondness for the typing just by his team alone and feared his reaction given his current injury. What if he got hurt again? She wouldn't be able to stop him from going either... "What kind of ground type could be contained like that?"

"A stallion, ma petite fleur, one from overseas. I have seen them before in the Pokemon League when traveling with my last master though their name escapes me now. They are normally quite impressive but this one seems to be looking rather haggard with his mistreatment. I suggest we hurry."

Looking back to the others in her group Miranda found herself swallowing hard in her nervousness. As much as she wanted to help that pokemon she didn't know if they could take on a group like that in their condition, not without pokemon. And if they did use Pokemon it would have to be swift and successful enough that the others weren't warned about them. "What do we do then?"

((Gio and Miranda have switched this round with Looker's permission to advance plot.))
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:45 am

Lumiose City||South Boulevard||Early Afternoon||50

Giovanni was silent as the group discussed the problem at hand: whatever miscreants were ahead were abusing some sort of pokemon. It would be laughably hypocritical for Giovanni to crusade for that particular pokemon's welfare, but he had no desire to raise suspicion within his new comrades. After all, the pokemon might have useful insight into the enemy's movements, strongholds and whatnot. It would be a mistake to say that he was opposed to indulging in the righteousness his fellow survivors felt, he simply didn't share it. He doubted that his lukewarm emotions toward saving the poor creature would be recieved very well, seeing as how riled up Miss LeClair's ghost already was.

"No."

Vitaly had a fire in his eyes, one that Giovanni carefully marked in his mind. With the subtle tells the young man's body gave and now this? There was certainly something beneath the surface to him. Something likely dangerous and not to be underestimated. He'd seen those eyes in the young trainer that had single-handedly destroyed his empire, after all.

"No. We're not.," Looker agreed. I'm not, anyway. Does anyone want to help?"

"We're in." With the group unanimous, Giovanni gave the ghost a small nod. "What kind of Pokemon is it? How many people are there?"

"Ah, a half dozen at least," the ghost replied with a sneer. Giovanni mimicked the expression; with his wounded shoulder, that would be an issue. "They have this poor beast tied at the muzzle and have been beating him a while it seems judging by the missing fur and red welts on his flank." François emphasized his shock by rolling back his head dramatically and letting out a gasping sigh, Giovanni's attention beginning to slip. While he did appreciate drama, he wasn't interested while they were cowering in the shadows. "Oh such brutality to be able to bruise a ground type like that!"

"A ground type?" Miss LeClair echoed, and Giovanni's attention was returned anew, his fierce gaze locked on the little ghost, brow raised. A ground type? Was it so rare a species that he didn't know its name? "What kind of ground type could be contained like that?"

"A stallion, ma petite fleur, one from overseas. I have seen them before in the Pokemon League when traveling with my last master though their name escapes me now. They are normally quite impressive but this one seems to be looking rather haggard with his mistreatment. I suggest we hurry."

Stallion. That could only have been one pokemon: Mudsdale. He had never personally worked with the species before, but many ground pokemon were similar in taming. And he did have an extra spot on his team... a powerful overland steed would only boost his own power, speed, and flexibility. A most useful asset, should the beast survive. With his mind set, he returned his gun to its holster as Miss LeClair continued to fret. "What do we do then?"

"Lure them away from the pokemon," Giovanni began in a hushed voice. "With them outnumbering us, our best bet is to divide them and pick them off one by one. I likely won't be able to aid in a fight, still, so I can handle the stallion on my own. I'm quite familiar with the typing."
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:31 pm

{37}

"No."

"We're in."

Looker was flooded with relief, that he already had instant backup. Even if he wished it weren't someone so young.

Still, if the look in Vitaly's eyes was anything to go by, the boy wasn't someone who was lightly trifled with.

"What kind of Pokemon is it? How many people are there?"

"Ah, a half dozen at least," the little ghost replied quickly, Looker wincing. Wonderful. "They have this poor beast tied at the muzzle and have been beating him a while it seems judging by the missing fur and red welts on his flank."

Looker felt his anger rise again from the depths of the cool head he had tried to collect for himself. He watched François put on a dramatic display as he wailed, "Oh such brutality to be able to bruise a ground type like that!"

"A ground type?" his trainer repeated, surprised. "What kind of ground type could be contained like that?"

"A stallion, ma petite fleur, one from overseas," François explained. "I have seen them before in the Pokemon League when traveling with my last master though their name escapes me now. They are normally quite impressive but this one seems to be looking rather haggard with his mistreatment. I suggest we hurry."

"What do we do then?" The girl's question distracted him from the bitter feeling the word 'master' evoked in his gut.

"Lure them away from the pokemon," Giovanni said immediately. "With them outnumbering us, our best bet is to divide them and pick them off one by one. I likely won't be able to aid in a fight, still, so I can handle the stallion on my own. I'm quite familiar with the typing."

"You're exactly right," Looker agreed. "Especially if they have firearms; With that large a group they might want to save on ammo by using numbers to overwhelm so it's not out of the possibility that only one or two do, if any. Do any of them have guns?"

At François's affirmative that there were two of them, he groaned inwardly. Ah. Nothing to be done but move ahead, then.

"Let's see... We need to plan our entire strategy around who has a gun. Lest we get shot." He closed his eyes in thought, trying to bring to mind the city map. "We should lure away the ones with the guns, first, preferably into back alleyways. Likely using whatever ghost types you all have to offer, since they can go through walls and will be least at risk for injury or capture. I don't imagine luring them away would be too hard; at the first sign of trouble people like that tend to send the ones with firearms in to investigate."

Their goal was to empty the place out and create an opening for Giovanni to calm the stallion down. The horse was almost as much a danger as the thugs-- unable to tell if they were there to save him or not, the poor thing was likely to lash out at the sight of them. Clearly, he was not afraid to fight for his life. It was a good thing they'd found this man, truly. Looker was not sure if he and Vitaly would have been able to save this pokemon themselves. By no means a coward, Looker was not ready to die yet, for the sake of whatever might remain of his old life. And Vitaly... why, look at him. Though there was an undeniable grit about the boy, he was scarcely an adult! He couldn't let him walk up to a rampaging horse! He'd seen how enormous many of them were!

... How old was Vitaly, actually? Miss Miranda had a guardian looking after her but Vitaly was... all alone- no. Now was not the time. As much as he did want to pursue that at some point. God, how easily his thoughts could stray sometimes! He wondered if that had always been a problem.

But for now... there was something else to address.

"Something feels off, though," Looker muttered, a hand moving to his chin as he contemplated the strangely arranged puzzle aloud. "I know this might just be my lack of knowledge about the world talking--maybe this species has skin simply too thick for bullets to pierce... but... why try so hard to drive the horse from their city? If they want him gone so badly why not just shoot him? It doesn't add up; they clearly aren't squeamish about killing. I suspect there might be some kind of danger afoot even beyond our friendly neighborhood nightmares and a very frightened, angry stallion."
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:49 am

Lumiose City (South Boulevard)|Early Afternoon [37]

"Ah, a half dozen at least," François answered. Vitaly winced at that. That was a bit more than they could easily handle... Then the little ghost got to the other question. "They have this poor beast tied at the muzzle and have been beating him a while it seems judging by the missing fur and red welts on his flank." While the descriptions were accompanied with gestures that were a bit much for the situation, Vitaly couldn't help staring at the ghost with bated breath. "Oh such brutality to be able to bruise a ground type like that!" Ground. None of Father Jude's Pokemon were part ground. He felt a mixture of relief and disappointment. If they were still alive, he wouldn't doubt they would have nasty wounds, but... at least he'd know.

Miranda asked, "A ground type? What kind of ground type could be contained like that?" She turned to her guardian as she spoke, but the question was still directed towards François.

"A stallion, ma petite fleur, one from overseas. I have seen them before in the Pokemon League when traveling with my last master though their name escapes me now. They are normally quite impressive but this one seems to be looking rather haggard with his mistreatment. I suggest we hurry." Even though he knew that it couldn't be Siyal, the description still pained him and he looked away.

"What do we do then?" The question forced him back to the present, but it took him a moment. He had a few thoughts, however, working with his current crew of companions would be a far different beast than what he was used to.

"Lure them away from the pokemon," Giovanni was the first person to respond to the inquiry. "With them outnumbering us, our best bet is to divide them and pick them off one by one. I likely won't be able to aid in a fight, still, so I can handle the stallion on my own. I'm quite familiar with the typing." Vitaly nodded along with the logic. It made sense. However, he was a bit curious about the last statement. Did that mean he was good with ground types in general? Father Jude was surprisingly good with fire types and could calm them like that. Then again, he was pretty good at calming people and Pokemon in general, so maybe that wasn't the best comparison.

"You're exactly right," Looker also agreed. "Especially if they have firearms; With that large a group they might want to save on ammo by using numbers to overwhelm so it's not out of the possibility that only one or two do, if any. Do any of them have guns?" The last question was directed towards François again. The ghost affirmed and gave a number. Vitaly wasn't surprised that they had some guns with them; almost any time he saw a group, they always had at least one person armed with them. While he couldn't blame them, it made life a lot more dangerous. "Let's see... We need to plan our entire strategy around who has a gun. Lest we get shot." Looker closed his eyes as he thought through his next words. "We should lure away the ones with the guns, first, preferably into back alleyways. Likely using whatever ghost types you all have to offer, since they can go through walls and will be least at risk for injury or capture. I don't imagine luring them away would be too hard; at the first sign of trouble people like that tend to send the ones with firearms in to investigate."

He suggested, "Sorry, no ghosts here. Also, I dunno. They might send one off, but the other might stay behind to protect the group or keep the Pokemon in line..." There... Were a lot of variables of ways this could go wrong...

Looker paused in thought. There were a number of different things the man could be thinking about, so Vitaly waited to see what Looker would bring up. Finally he spoke, "Something feels off, though. I know this might just be my lack of knowledge about the world talking--maybe this species has skin simply too thick for bullets to pierce... but... why try so hard to drive the horse from their city? If they want him gone so badly why not just shoot him? It doesn't add up; they clearly aren't squeamish about killing. I suspect there might be some kind of danger afoot even beyond our friendly neighborhood nightmares and a very frightened, angry stallion."
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:52 am

Lumiose City||South Boulevard||Early Afternoon||51

"You're exactly right," Looker agreed. "Especially if they have firearms; With that large a group they might want to save on ammo by using numbers to overwhelm so it's not out of the possibility that only one or two do, if any. Do any of them have guns?" It seemed he realized he hadn't yet asked the ghost that incredibly important question. However, to everyone's collective relief, the ghost affirmed there were only two armed. Well. That was certainly better than all of them having guns.

"Let's see... We need to plan our entire strategy around who has a gun. Lest we get shot."

"Again, in some cases," Giovanni added under his breath. His good hand went to his wounded shoulder, rubbing it lightly.

Looker continued. "We should lure away the ones with the guns, first, preferably into back alleyways. Likely using whatever ghost types you all have to offer, since they can go through walls and will be least at risk for injury or capture. I don't imagine luring them away would be too hard; at the first sign of trouble people like that tend to send the ones with firearms in to investigate."

Vitaly was the first to reply. "Sorry, no ghosts here. Also, I dunno. They might send one off, but the other might stay behind to protect the group or keep the Pokemon in line..." The young man had a point. Or, if they were smarter, they'd send scouts off in pairs. One armed, one possibly armed with a knife or other melee weapon.

"None here, unfortunately."

Pausing in his long-winded thought process, Looker seemed to mull things over more. In fact, he looked just like he generally did on Giovanni's security cameras, pondering. Heh. It seemed that some things couldn't be erased after all. An amusing, though somewhat unnerving thought. "Something feels off, though. I know this might just be my lack of knowledge about the world talking--maybe this species has skin simply too thick for bullets to pierce... but... why try so hard to drive the horse from their city? If they want him gone so badly why not just shoot him? It doesn't add up; they clearly aren't squeamish about killing. I suspect there might be some kind of danger afoot even beyond our friendly neighborhood nightmares and a very frightened, angry stallion."

Despite his own amusement, there was still a puzzle at hand. "It's not often a Ground type pokemon has that thick of skin," Giovanni offered. "Only two of mine have the ability to deflect bullets, but that's due to their secondary typings-- steel and rock. If the pokemon in question is the one I'm assuming, then a pure Ground type wouldn't be immune or even resistant to bullets." His eyes strayed to the alleyway leading out, where they would have to eventually travel. "They're both also too massive to unleash in these narrow alleyways, unfortunately... But you do have a point, Looker. They're obviously trying to get the Pokemon to do something rather than simply relocate it."

He glanced around and frowned. "There's a possibility of Scout and I scaling the walls and dropping in from above to deal with the stallion. But of course, we are far more likely to be spotted." His eyes went down to the cobblestone road. "...François, is there a sewer drain near them? That could be our best bet to lure and surprise them."
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Lumiose City (South Boulevard) | Early Afternoon
    Post 44

"You're exactly right," Looker agreed. "Especially if they have firearms; With that large a group they might want to save on ammo by using numbers to overwhelm so it's not out of the possibility that only one or two do, if any. Do any of them have guns?" François nodded to the disheveled gentleman. "Two that I saw, the rest were wrestling with the beast."

Miranda let out a soft whimper and moved closer to Don. Their last encounter with one of these people when they were armed had nearly cost her another guardian so hearing that there were more guns within the city had her fearing for his safety once more. "Let's see... We need to plan our entire strategy around who has a gun. Lest we get shot."

"Again, in some cases." Okay that joke was not funny. Miranda turned back up to Giovanni with a sad, half-hearted glare. "Mr. Don...Please don't push your luck here. It hasn't been holding up as well as usual..." Even she could think of no other reason their journey together had been relatively easy compared to her return home to Lumiose. What other reasoning could there be other than the man being his own good luck charm?

"We should lure away the ones with the guns, first, preferably into back alleyways. Likely using whatever ghost types you all have to offer, since they can go through walls and will be least at risk for injury or capture. I don't imagine luring them away would be too hard; at the first sign of trouble people like that tend to send the ones with firearms in to investigate."

Vitaly sounded off first and was really the only unknown to her as to what other pokemon he held. She knew all of Giovanni's. "Sorry, no ghosts here. Also, I dunno. They might send one off, but the other might stay behind to protect the group or keep the Pokemon in line..."

"None here, unfortunately."

"All but a couple of mine are ghosts, or at least part typing. Esmé and Durandal you've already met, then Thérèse whom you haven't. Of course François is already out..." Miranda felt a little silly listing her Pokemon again after she and Looker had specifically gone over them when trying to pick a scout but she was the only one with ghost types so it seemed only fitting to refresh everyone's memory. "My fairy types are all very small if you want them to sneak by unnoticed, too..." She could not hide the flush on her cheeks as she continued to speak, her nerves eventually taking over and causing her to trail off. She was no strategist, her own journey had proven that enough times.

"Something feels off, though. I know this might just be my lack of knowledge about the world talking--maybe this species has skin simply too thick for bullets to pierce... but... why try so hard to drive the horse from their city? If they want him gone so badly why not just shoot him? It doesn't add up; they clearly aren't squeamish about killing. I suspect there might be some kind of danger afoot even beyond our friendly neighborhood nightmares and a very frightened, angry stallion."

Happy no one noticed her growing embarrassment Miranda was all too happy to let the adults keep talking.. "It's not often a Ground type pokemon has that thick of skin. Only two of mine have the ability to deflect bullets, but that's due to their secondary typings-- steel and rock. If the pokemon in question is the one I'm assuming, then a pure Ground type wouldn't be immune or even resistant to bullets." His gaze seemed to take in the surroundings and Miranda watched her guardian a moment to see what he was thinking. "They're both also too massive to unleash in these narrow alleyways, unfortunately... But you do have a point, Looker. They're obviously trying to get the Pokemon to do something rather than simply relocate it."

"There's a possibility of Scout and I scaling the walls and dropping in from above to deal with the stallion. But of course, we are far more likely to be spotted." His eyes moved to the ground beneath them and for a moment Miranda wondered if he had given up. "...François, is there a sewer drain near them? That could be our best bet to lure and surprise them." Both the ghost and his trainer looked at Giovanni in shock. "The- The sewers?! Les egouts?! Surely you don't intend to go traipsing around through the stagnant much and filth of several years sir? Have you taken leave of your senses?"

"François..." Miranda warned gently, her chiding voice a tad lower than her normal sweet tone. "The answer is yes Mr. Don, there are sewers but-"

"But there is a literal thousand miles of them. And they have not been maintained monsieur. The odds the exact tunnel you want lay beneath us and isn't damaged or filled with unwashed excrement are almost laughable. We could choke to death on the fumes alone and not even Madeline could save us from it."

"François! I appreciate your concern but please, stop. You are not helping by pointing out everything wrong before anything has even been addressed." The Misdreavus's face fell at the scolding and he began to pout a moment, eventually relenting with a sigh. "Oui, Oui...You are right. Forgive me, gentlemen. I will offer what assistance I can."

"Thank you."
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:47 pm

{38}

"It's not often a Ground type pokemon has that thick of skin," Giovanni remarked. Looker, contemplating the thought he'd just brought up as well as Miranda's rehash of her pokemon, looked over at the other man. "Only two of mine have the ability to deflect bullets, but that's due to their secondary typings-- steel and rock. If the pokemon in question is the one I'm assuming, then a pure Ground type wouldn't be immune or even resistant to bullets." His gaze seemed to take in the surroundings and Miranda watched her guardian a moment to see what he was thinking. "They're both also too massive to unleash in these narrow alleyways, unfortunately... But you do have a point, Looker. They're obviously trying to get the Pokemon to do something rather than simply relocate it. There's a possibility of Scout and I scaling the walls and dropping in from above to deal with the stallion. But of course, we are far more likely to be spotted."

He began to stare at the ground, but it was not a look of defeat on his face. Looker tilted his head. What was he thinking...?

"...François, is there a sewer drain near them? That could be our best bet to lure and surprise them."

His face broke out into a wide grin. Ah, of course! What an ingenious idea!

But a quick glance at Miranda and her ghost wiped the smile away. Little François was quick to speak up on the matter. "The- The sewers?! Les egouts?! Surely you don't intend to go traipsing around through the stagnant much and filth of several years sir? Have you taken leave of your senses?"

"François..." the girl warned, sounding a tiny bit like a stern mother. "The answer is yes Mr. Don, there are sewers but-"

"But there is a literal thousand miles of them. And they have not been maintained monsieur. The odds the exact tunnel you want lay beneath us and isn't damaged or filled with unwashed excrement are almost laughable. We could choke to death on the fumes alone and not even Madeline could save us from it." Looker winced. Shoot.

"François! I appreciate your concern but please, stop. You are not helping by pointing out everything wrong before anything has even been addressed."

He pouted for a moment before sighing. "Oui, Oui...You are right. Forgive me, gentlemen. I will offer what assistance I can."

"Thank you."

"He has a very fair point though," Looker agreed. Reluctance stirred his chest. It had sounded like such a good idea. "It's more than just a sanitary problem or their length. The best point is about how they might be weakened or collapsed entirely. And god forbid- ground types have Earthquake, right? If they happen to push that horse so badly he decides to disregard the gun and let one of those off? Even if we got extraordinarily lucky and everything else lined up... just one moment could end us."

He frowned apologetically at Giovanni. "It was a good idea, but I feel he's right about all the downsides. What do the rest of you think?"
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Lumiose City (South Boulevard)|Early Afternoon [38]

With all the people talking, it was hard to get a word in edgewise. He was glad that François had immediately fought against the sewer idea though. It made them pause long enough for him to speak. He had had some issues with the plan as soon as it was suggested. "I haven't been using them for... pretty much all the reasons he mentioned. Especially the getting lost thing. Unless we know there's a direct line, I... wouldn't risk it. And besides, we know where that exit is... but do we even know if there is a place we can get in?"

Drizzt, who had been quiet during most of the exchange so far, finally added his two cents. "Time is a problem too. We can't just wait for someone to scout it out. The longer we stand here talking, the more likely something on their end will change. If we wait until we can find a path under, they might have finally moved the horse. Or killed it." His words weren't meant to be cruel, but they had been fairly blunt.

Vitaly glanced over at Miranda before asking, "... Would you be okay with your ghosts being in danger? He's-he's right about them being the least likely to get hurt, but it could still be dangerous..."

"If we go with the distraction idea, I can go. They haven't caught me yet, and it feels... Unfair to ask someone else to do it." Especially since the girl's Pokemon hadn't signed up for this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:29 pm