Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Looker
Resistance
Resistance

Re: The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Post by Looker on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:03 am

Lumiose City - Professor Sycamore's Laboratory - Late Morning
{26}

"Did you spend a lot of time here? If the name of his spot doesn't ring a bell, we're pretty sure there's a... fish place or something right across from it."

"Something about rolling was in the name," Lidda added.

"I'm afraid I can't help, but I meant, Miranda, that you would be a wonderful guide here. You know this city well, yes? Being able to navigate outdoor terrain and a city are typically different monsters. I believe in your capabilities."

"OH!" Miranda shouted, a smile breaking out over Looker's face. "The sushi place! I do know that street. I always wanted to compete there but Papa said I would have to get stronger to stand any kind of chance even though we could easily afford the entry fee." Compete? Entry fee? He stares owlishly at her. "The trainers that dined there were frighteningly powerful. I bet you would have loved it there Mr. Don."

Her warm expression fell and Looker's heart sank a touch. "Oh dear, but that's all the way on the north side of the city and we're by the south exit. Pretty much a straight line from here but we'd have to pass the gym and those....people. I don't know that anyone could get there without taking the long way around."

Of course it would not be that simple.

"Well... that sounds exhausting but... I suppose if it's the only way, then it's the only way." His shoulders squared. "I'm determined to go even if it takes a long time to get there. I'd be honored for you company and your help, if you'd like to come."
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Post by Maximum on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:33 am

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [26]

Giovanni said, "I'm afraid I can't help, but I meant, Miranda, that you would be a wonderful guide here. You know this city well, yes? Being able to navigate outdoor terrain and a city are typically different monsters. I believe in your capabilities." Ah, that clarified any confusion from earlier. He encouraged the girl with a pat on her back.

After a few seconds of concentration, a realization suddenly hit Miranda as she shouted, "OH!" She had a huge smile as she explained, "The sushi place! I do know that street. I always wanted to compete there but Papa said I would have to get stronger to stand any kind of chance even though we could easily afford the entry fee. The trainers that dined there were frighteningly powerful." The Greninja nodded in agreement; the fights there had not been easy. 'What better way to show off a shiny than fighting a difficult battle' had been her old trainer's logic. Miranda added with warmth, "I bet you would have loved it there Mr. Don." Her face fell after a moment, and she said, "Oh dear, but that's all the way on the north side of the city and we're by the south exit. Pretty much a straight line from here but we'd have to pass the gym and those....people. I don't know that anyone could get there without taking the long way around." Oh... Yeah... Elise had mentioned that it was on the other side of the city.

"Well, at least you know where it is," Vitaly commented. "All we had was that it was somewhere on the north side."

If Looker had been disappointed, he didn't show it. His body language screamed determination as he said, "Well... that sounds exhausting but... I suppose if it's the only way, then it's the only way. I'm determined to go even if it takes a long time to get there. I'd be honored for you company and your help, if you'd like to come."
Giovanni
Black Guard
Black Guard

Post by Giovanni on Wed May 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Morning||41

"OH!" Giovanni and Scout started a bit when Miranda erupted, apparently having just been struck dead on with an epiphany. "The sushi place! I do know that street. I always wanted to compete there but Papa said I would have to get stronger to stand any kind of chance even though we could easily afford the entry fee. The trainers that dined there were frighteningly powerful." A shame he hadn't spent more time in Kalos. Battling cafes were, sadly, not very common back home. Fine food and challenging battles? That sounded very much up his alley. "I bet you would have loved it there Mr. Don."

"I heartily agree."

"Oh dear, but that's all the way on the north side of the city and we're by the south exit. Pretty much a straight line from here but we'd have to pass the gym and those....people. I don't know that anyone could get there without taking the long way around."

"Well, at least you know where it is," Vitaly offered; it was a sound observation. There were certainly worse lucks to be had. "All we had was that it was somewhere on the north side."

Looker, on the other hand, didn't seem daunted in the least. An admirable quality, even if he was completely bereft of his own personal history. Though Giovanni did often find those that were obscenely optimistic, at best, exhausting, he did have to concede that they did tend to have some sort of quirky charm about them. When not being completely irritating, of course. "Well... that sounds exhausting but... I suppose if it's the only way, then it's the only way. I'm determined to go even if it takes a long time to get there. I'd be honored for you company and your help, if you'd like to come."

"I would most certainly like to follow," he offered. "I can't say I'm not intrigued to see if you'll find what you've been looking for there. Plus, I would sincerely like to repay those kind fellows for the present they gave me." He rotated his shoulder a little, testing its strength. "Miss LeClair?"
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Tue May 09, 2017 8:56 am

Lumiose City (Sycamore's Lab) | Late Morning
Post 33

"Well, at least you know where it is," Miranda smiled at Vitaly's kind observation and started to feel a little bit better. "All we had was that it was somewhere on the north side." She was still worried about Mr. Looker getting to where he was going but he seemed to be more optimistic than even Mr. Don.

"Well... that sounds exhausting but... I suppose if it's the only way, then it's the only way. I'm determined to go even if it takes a long time to get there. I'd be honored for you company and your help, if you'd like to come." Miranda wanted to shout her agreement because traveling with them meant Mr. Don would be able to recover. He wouldn't be as focused on protecting her if there were others to aid him and could properly rest. Or at least as properly as the end of the world let a man.

"I would most certainly like to follow," Miranda let out a happy little sigh as he agreed. "I can't say I'm not intrigued to see if you'll find what you've been looking for there. Plus, I would sincerely like to repay those kind fellows for the present they gave me. Miss LeClair?" She smiled and gave Giovanni a small hug. "Of course! Anything that keeps you safe." Her cheery smile was back as she turned to Looker and offered her thanks. "I wouldn't mind helping you get through the city. I know it rather well. After all," she looked to Giovanni for a bit of courage before returning her gaze to the men in front of her. "This is my hometown."
Looker
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Looker on Tue May 16, 2017 11:51 pm

{27}

"I would most certainly like to follow. I can't say I'm not intrigued to see if you'll find what you've been looking for there. Plus, I would sincerely like to repay those kind fellows for the present they gave me." Looker felt something inside of him sigh in relief. The more who went, the safer they would be. Leaving a barely recovered man and his young ward alone didn't sit well, and Miranda's knowledge of the city would be so helpful. Thank goodness Don was on board.

Now would the young miss be as well?

"Miss LeClair?"

More warm relief as the girl smiled and hugged her parent. "Of course! Anything that keeps you safe." She beamed at him, Looker unable to help matching the cheeriness on her face. What an infectious smile. Of course Don had stepped up to be her protector; who wouldn't want to ensure the safety of such a sweet child? "I wouldn't mind helping you get through the city. I know it rather well. After all," she glanced at Don before looking back to him, "this is my hometown."

"What luck! It almost feels like fate brought us together!" he laughed. Human company that didn't want to kill him-he still couldn't quite get over that-with one who had lived her previous life here and grew up navigating these very streets, one who had spent his current life here and would know how to avoid the locals, and one who seemed extraordinarily lucky as well as competent in many ways, if he'd been raising a child in the apocalypse. "You'll be a wonderful guide, I'm sure. I honestly could not have asked for better help. Unless there's any objections, why don't we gather our things and set out while it's still light? It looks like we have most of the day to go before nightfall."

This was truly happening. Not only was he going to make it to where, hopefully, all his answers lay waiting for him, but he had somehow managed to find three kind people to help him get there.

Everything was going to be okay.
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Post by Maximum on Wed May 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [27]

The moment of truth. Would he and Looker have more companions for this venture? Don didn't appear to spend much time thinking on it before accepting. "I would most certainly like to follow. I can't say I'm not intrigued to see if you'll find what you've been looking for there. Plus, I would sincerely like to repay those kind fellows for the present they gave me." Don rotated his shoulder a bit to emphasize his point. He asked his charge, "Miss LeClair?"

Her answer was immediate, "Of course! Anything that keeps you safe." Miranda gave her guardian a quick hug. Her smile was bright as she turned back to Looker and said, "I wouldn't mind helping you get through the city. I know it rather well. After all," here she paused and glanced at Don before continuing,"This is my hometown."

Vitaly had had a feeling about that, but he hadn't wanted to assume. He felt a large amount of pity for the child; her hometown had turned into a bandit holdout. He worried what she would feel walking through her old hometown and feeling how empty and strange it would be. Coming back to something one thought they knew and finding it different often inspired sadness, and he didn't envy her that. If something ever inspired him to go back to Orre, he'd likely feel something similar.

Looker, however, was joyous, "What luck! It almost feels like fate brought us together!" He laughed. "You'll be a wonderful guide, I'm sure. I honestly could not have asked for better help. Unless there's any objections, why don't we gather our things and set out while it's still light? It looks like we have most of the day to go before nightfall."

This seemed a little fast for Vitaly's liking, and he looked Don back over before saying, "We probably want to be sure Don here is ready to go first. He just woke up this morning, and his injury wasn't insignificant." Then realizing he had just talked about the larger man like he wasn't even there, he asked while embarrassed, "Well, you think you're up for moving out?"
Giovanni
Black Guard
Black Guard

Post by Giovanni on Tue May 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Late Morning||42

Giovanni gave a little grunt as Miranda captured him in an enthusiastic hug. He really should have expected that... "Of course! Anything that keeps you safe." She turned back to Looker, her enthusiasm anything but dulled. "I wouldn't mind helping you get through the city. I know it rather well. After all," she glanced back at Giovanni before continuing, "This is my hometown."

"What luck! It almost feels like fate brought us together!" It does, doesn't it, old boy? Giovanni inwardly mused, unable to keep his grin from growing in the face of Looker's unadulterated jubilation. He was just so exhilarated, so boundlessly happy to have found companions and was so blissfully unaware of the irony of it all. Ah, well. Giovanni could relish in the seclusion of the inside joke. "You'll be a wonderful guide, I'm sure. I honestly could not have asked for better help. Unless there's any objections, why don't we gather our things and set out while it's still light? It looks like we have most of the day to go before nightfall."

My, Looker was eager to get going. Vitaly seemed to have the more level head on his shoulders, however, and suggested instead, "We probably want to be sure Don here is ready to go first. He just woke up this morning, and his injury wasn't insignificant." He seemed to realize that he was talking as if Giovanni couldn't himself, and was adequately embarrassed for it. At least the man understood his mistake. "Well, you think you're up for moving out?"

Giovanni tested his shoulder again and grunted. He still felt plenty weak and none of his pokemon would be a suitable mount and could remain stealthy in a jungle such as this. "If I'm honest, I'm not sure enough in my strength to risk a long travel that may require a lot of running. Vitaly is completely correct. But I would suggest moving by night as a better alternative. Scout would be far more capable of carrying me if needed if she were to have the night cloaking her while doing so. Plus, I may actually be a bit stronger by this evening."
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Lumiose City (Sycamore's Lab) | Late Morning
Post 34

"What luck! It almost feels like fate brought us together!" Fate. Such a funny thought. She felt it very much the same thing that brought Giovanni to her aid when she first met the man all those many weeks ago. It was as if Mr. Don had Fate’s special favor as things always seemed to turn his way. Even something as horrible as him getting shot turned towards his good fortune as they found not only safe shelter but also the only people likely left in the entire city who would be so kind to them. She would happily help the men who helped her guardian as long as Mr. Don wanted to stay.

"You'll be a wonderful guide, I'm sure. I honestly could not have asked for better help. Unless there's any objections, why don't we gather our things and set out while it's still light? It looks like we have most of the day to go before nightfall." Miranda blushed slightly at the compliment but a look of concern crossed her face at the mention of heading out already. Mr. Don was barely conscious and while they didn’t have much in the way of supplies left she wasn’t confidant in leaving him all but alone, and he certainly wasn’t in any condition to go with them.

"We probably want to be sure Don here is ready to go first. He just woke up this morning, and his injury wasn't insignificant." Oh thank heavens someone else realized it too. Miranda wouldn’t have been at all comfortable with addressing that issue but she would have tried if Vitaly hadn’t said something. "Well, you think you're up for moving out?"

"If I'm honest, I'm not sure enough in my strength to risk a long travel that may require a lot of running. Vitaly is completely correct. But I would suggest moving by night as a better alternative. Scout would be far more capable of carrying me if needed if she were to have the night cloaking her while doing so. Plus, I may actually be a bit stronger by this evening."

Miranda frowned but nodded slowly. From what they had seen and heard by the men who attacked them this city was pretty much purged of Pokemon so night would be less hazardous here than in the wild. It was the humans who were the danger and at night it would be easier to slip by them. “If either of you could tell me which ways you have already been or tried it could help us map out safer routes through the alleys,” Miranda chimed in, eyes not quite meeting anyone else’s as she began picturing the city in her mind. “I’m afraid many of them Scout is too broad for decent movement and I would prefer to avoid that if possible… Mr. Don wouldn’t be much help if we got cornered again. Too easy to get trapped in the maze of shoulder-width alleys.”
Looker
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Looker on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:38 pm

{28}

"We probably want to be sure Don here is ready to go first. He just woke up this morning, and his injury wasn't insignificant." The smile disappears from his face, replaced with something far more sheepish and embarrassed. "Well, you think you're up for moving out?"

"If I'm honest, I'm not sure enough in my strength to risk a long travel that may require a lot of running. Vitaly is completely correct. But I would suggest moving by night as a better alternative. Scout would be far more capable of carrying me if needed if she were to have the night cloaking her while doing so. Plus, I may actually be a bit stronger by this evening."

The girl nodded slowly with a little frown. “If either of you could tell me which ways you have already been or tried it could help us map out safer routes through the alleys. I’m afraid many of them Scout is too broad for decent movement and I would prefer to avoid that if possible… Mr. Don wouldn’t be much help if we got cornered again. Too easy to get trapped in the maze of shoulder-width alleys.”

"I'm sorry; I was so eager to get going I completely forgot you need more time to rest." How embarrassing of him. At least his new friends were kind about his over enthusiasm. "Waiting until night sounds like an excellent idea. And she's right about the planning, of course; I only just arrived here a short time ago... I believe I came in by Route Four. I tried to go the opposite way, but I ran into a small group of those bandits- or rather, I saw them; I don't believe they saw me. But that way isn't an option, most likely; they may still be there."

[I feel so unsatisfied with this post but this is the best I can do for now. Maybe I'll edit later.]
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Post by Maximum on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:01 am

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [28]

Thankfully Giovanni didn't seem angry about Vi's mishap, and the larger man rolled his shoulder and grunted in response to Vi's question. That likely didn't bode well for an early departure... "If I'm honest, I'm not sure enough in my strength to risk a long travel that may require a lot of running. Vitaly is completely correct. But I would suggest moving by night as a better alternative. Scout would be far more capable of carrying me if needed if she were to have the night cloaking her while doing so. Plus, I may actually be a bit stronger by this evening." Yeah, that sounded like a better idea... Though he was a bit worried about Scout being used as a mount.

“If either of you could tell me which ways you have already been or tried it could help us map out safer routes through the alleys,” Miranda spoke up. Vitaly crossed his arms in thought as he tried to compile what he knew and how to describe it...  She then brought up the concern he had had, “I’m afraid many of them Scout is too broad for decent movement and I would prefer to avoid that if possible… Mr. Don wouldn’t be much help if we got cornered again. Too easy to get trapped in the maze of shoulder-width alleys.” He nodded in agreement with her.

"Yeah, they can get narrow pretty quickly."

Looker quickly apologized for his enthusiasm, "I'm sorry; I was so eager to get going I completely forgot you need more time to rest. Waiting until night sounds like an excellent idea. And she's right about the planning, of course; I only just arrived here a short time ago... I believe I came in by Route Four. I tried to go the opposite way, but I ran into a small group of those bandits- or rather, I saw them; I don't believe they saw me. But that way isn't an option, most likely; they may still be there." Oh... That wasn't far from them if he remembered right... Just a guard at the gate, probably.

After tapping his fingers for a second, Vitaly knelt down to look through his bag, "I have an old map in here... Wrote a few things on it that might be good to remember... Since the city is a circle, we can go the long way around if need be..." His words were spaced as he tried to find where he had last stashed it. "Here we go!" He pulled out an worn, folded paper that had seen much wear and tear. "It doesn't have a lot of small details, and things have worn out... but it's a start."

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:34 pm