Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ACE) The PALLET Team

Maximum
Maximum
Elite
Elite

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 14 Empty Re: (ACE) The PALLET Team

Post by Maximum on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:49 pm

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 14 Ifuva4g
Pallet Town | Early Afternoon [85]

When it came to rain, Isolde had mixed feelings on it. It could be awful to fly in thanks to both the wind and the wetness, and back home, she didn't have much to shelter in other than large trees and bushes. On the other hand, though, thanks to it, the plants would grow and there would be easily accessible water for a while. It also vastly reduced the chances of getting attacked; not many beings liked getting pelted by water from the sky, not even the undead.

That didn't stop her from watching the world outside through the curtain. Things had been quiet for most of the day, but after what had happened with the others... she was still wary. Grateful for Akamu's presence, she did make a point to keep listening for him, though.

((I'm going to get to 100 posts here too, dangit. If Akamu responds to her words earlier, Phoe, she will respond, maybe a bit slowly because she kinda spaced out here, but she will.)
Starbits
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Photobucket
Pallet Town | Late Morning | 117

”I see...” Oh, welp. He didn't sound like he believed him much. His insides squirmed.

He shouldn't take things so personally though. In fact, he probably wasn't even as skeptical as Oliver thought! Wasn't that how things went? Oh, but did that suggest he seemed so knowledgeable that people should automatically believe him? That felt narrcissistic... ”I was always told all humans are scared of us- ghosts, I mean, and that I shouldn’t go near them. It’s-it’s kinda weird to hear otherwise.”

"O-oh... well..." What was he supposed to say? "There are probably humans scared of ghosts? But there are also humans scared of bugs, too. Or cats. Or dogs. I guess it just- depends on the human? I mean... they're so squishy compared to us; is it any wonder that some of them are scared of people with bigger teeth and claws than them? Or who can go through walls? I mean- I'm-" shoot he didn't want to say scared like a weirdo- "n-nervous around- around people and I can make fire and spit it out my mouth. Humans can't do that..."

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 14 Tumblr_inline_oslquwfPtW1r82t0h_100
oh, ms. believer
my pretty sleeper
your twisted mind
is like snow on the road
your shaking shoulders
prove that it's colder
inside your head
than the winter of dead

desktop||starbits shop||trainersona
♋️19 Badges♋️
little fairy

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 14 280
Abysswalker
Abysswalker
Elite
Elite

Post by Abysswalker on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:45 am

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 14 092

Pallet Town | Early Afternoon
{58}

"O-oh... well..."

Oh, no. He definitely said something stupid. Phobos wished he could sink back into one of the walls; staying quiet was the only time he was ever useful. Did Oliver think he didn’t believe what either of them had said? It was difficult for him to accept, but he didn’t think of the other two as liars!

"There are probably humans scared of ghosts? But there are also humans scared of bugs, too. Or cats. Or dogs. I guess it just- depends on the human? I mean... they're so squishy compared to us; is it any wonder that some of them are scared of people with bigger teeth and claws than them? Or who can go through walls?”

Going through walls? But...Phobos loved that ability, enjoyed showing it off whenever there was an opportunity. He was proud of it, and it didn’t hurt people! Was doing something like that really so frightening, even more than the curses, or Hypnosis, or... being able to poison people with your own body...

Phobos understood what was so stupid about his question then, why he’d been dumb to expect a simple answer. Maybe it didn’t only depend on the human, like what Oliver said. Maybe it also depended on the ghost, too. Humans probably did love a lot of ghosts, like he’d heard from the other two, but not those like him. Weak, cowardly things who blew away in the wind and could hurt you just by touching you. What kind of human-what kind of Pokemon, too-could love something like that?

Something like him. Something like Deimos, who lived to hurt others, who made Phobos do the same until no one would dare go near him. Something like his parents, who did nothing to stop what was happening even when they knew.

If his family was anything to go by, maybe he really was something to be scared of. And that frightened him more than anything.

”I mean- I'm n-nervous around- around people and I can make fire and spit it out my mouth. Humans can't do that..."

”I think I understand. I can curse people and I’m still scared of everyone.” As soon as the words left his mouth, he regretted them. Phobos never used Curse, ever, why did he have to go and mouth off about his freakish abilities? Cursing was what Dei did. Not him! Not for any reason. He wouldn’t be like his sibling; he would never hurt people the way they did. Phobos wanted everyone to understand that, even if they probably had no idea who Dei even was.

(He really, really hoped they had no idea.)

”I-I’m sorry if I said anything weird. I didn’t mean to.“ He doesn’t want to say too much, but Phobos couldn’t seem to stop himself from talking. ”I think I get it. I mean, even I don’t like half of what I can do...I can see why people are scared of things like curses...”

I was the match and you were the rock
maybe we started this fire
Phoenix
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:39 am

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 14 ERmkwA4
(35 - both)

"It's not a problem, really. You've helped us out, and I appreciate it."

Akamu offered Isolde a polite smile at the praise and nodded. "Don't mention it," he offered, stretching his shoulders by pushing out his forelimbs before settling back down. It was nothing major anyway, them offering a helping hand. Kaleo had really been the driving force behind it given how quickly he took a shine to Oliver. Things like that didn't happen very often with the big guy and it made Akamu happy to see Kaleo starting to open up to someone. Now if only they could find Jamie...

Things fell naturally silent between the pair which the small Rockruff was grateful for. He'd never been good at small talk and right now, with so much on his mind, he was sure he wouldn't be good company anyway. Isolde watched the storm through the window while he himself let the noise fade into the background while his mind wandered. What would they do next? Without a trail they would have to backtrack until he could pick something up again. That meant heading back out of town but- They had spent so much time getting here that leaving again seemed almost counterproductive. There had to be some other options.

After a while and his brain starting to hurt from the stress of planning Akamu gave up trying to think himself in circles and let out a loud yawn. Isolde hadn't moved from her spot in a while and he felt a bit bad for her. "Hey...want me to take watch for a bit? I gathered when we first met your little group has had a rough time of it. You could use the rest. What do you say?"

Kaleo had watched the interactions between Oliver and Phobos with great interest. He didn't dare interrupt as Oliver slowly grew more confident in the conversation for fear of making him retreat back into a quiet huddle but keeping quiet also helped him learn a great deal about the ghost pokemon as well. Phobos had been so quiet this entire time that Kaleo had hardly learned anything beyond his name but now he learned more in a few minutes of conversation than he had all day. All it took was everyone else in the room being just as scared as the others.

"I mean- I'm-...n-nervous around- around people and I can make fire and spit it out my mouth. Humans can't do that..."

”I think I understand. I can curse people and I’m still scared of everyone.”

Kaleo smiled softly to himself at the confessions but as his mind processed how exactly to include himself to not look like some kind of creep lurking in the conversation he must have waited too long because Phobos began to fluster. ”I-I’m sorry if I said anything weird. I didn’t mean to.“ Weird? Why would it be weird? ”I think I get it. I mean, even I don’t like half of what I can do...I can see why people are scared of things like curses...”

"Everyone is scared of something," Kaleo finally added. "That's...that's what Jamie always said whenever I got nervous. Everyone always says someone my size or strength shouldn't be scared of anything but...I am. It's only when Jamie or Akamu or around I can feel safe. But...just because someone is scared, or you are scared, doesn't mean everyone is. You just have to find the ones who make you feel safe and stick with them. Those are the ones who matter."
Maximum
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Post by Maximum on Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:54 pm

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 14 Ifuva4g
Pallet Town | Early Afternoon [86]

"Don't mention it," Akamu said in response to Isolde's earlier comment. Afterwards, the sound of the pattering rain and rumbling thunder turned into a near calming background noise between them. The quiet stretched on, and Isolde found that it wasn't unpleasant. In fact, it was enjoyable to simply enjoy the moment instead of something constantly needing to do things. She had thoroughly spaced out that when he spoke up again, it took a few seconds for her get her thoughts back together. "Hey...want me to take watch for a bit? I gathered when we first met your little group has had a rough time of it. You could use the rest. What do you say?"

She was a little suprised that the pup offered to handle watching, and she turned her head to better look at him. On one hand, she felt responsible for this small group's safety, but he was right that she couldn't do all the watching on her own. It wasn't like he was someone who would shirk the job, and he was probably the main one behind his and Kaleo's survival. "If you don't mind, that would be great. If you need me to open a different set of curtains, just ask," she said after a moment of thought. She fluttered away from the window so that he could take up his position wherever he pleased.
Starbits
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Photobucket
Pallet Town | Late Morning | 118

”I think I understand. I can curse people and I’m still scared of everyone.”

Curse. He repressed a shudder, but couldn't help the wince. At least nobody could see him.

It had to have been years since that was last used on him-- at least two or three...? He didn't remember how long the apocalypse had gone on for now, but he'd definitely been through at least two winters.

Even so, he doubted he'd ever forget what that felt like. The sensation of a red-hot nail being driven into the skull.

Maybe don't think about that.

”I-I’m sorry if I said anything weird," Phobos apologized immediately, and Oliver felt his heart sink. "I didn’t mean to. I think I get it. I mean, even I don’t like half of what I can do...I can see why people are scared of things like curses...”

"Everyone is scared of something," Kaleo soothed. "That's... that's what Jamie always said whenever I got nervous. Everyone always says someone my size or strength shouldn't be scared of anything but... I am. It's only when Jamie or Akamu or around I can feel safe. But... just because someone is scared, or you are scared, doesn't mean everyone is. You just have to find the ones who make you feel safe and stick with them. Those are the ones who matter."

The ones who matter. Who make everything feel safe.

Anne. Pain swelled in his heart like a gunshot, feelings flooding his chest.

"... I miss home," he whispered, eyes stinging as he fought to speak around the lump in his throat. He probably shouldn't be whining but the world was feeling a little further and some tiny part of him really didn't care what they thought of him right now. "I want to go home."

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 14 Tumblr_inline_oslquwfPtW1r82t0h_100
oh, ms. believer
my pretty sleeper
your twisted mind
is like snow on the road
your shaking shoulders
prove that it's colder
inside your head
than the winter of dead

desktop||starbits shop||trainersona
♋️19 Badges♋️
little fairy

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 14 280
Abysswalker
Abysswalker
Elite
Elite

Post by Abysswalker on Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:33 am

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 14 092

{59}

”Everyone is scared of something." Phobos listened intently as Kaleo spoke. He hated that he’d gone and said too much; it only felt right to hear everyone else speak too. ”That's...that's what Jamie always said whenever I got nervous. Everyone always says someone my size or strength shouldn't be scared of anything but...I am. It's only when Jamie or Akamu or around I can feel safe. But...just because someone is scared, or you are scared, doesn't mean everyone is. You just have to find the ones who make you feel safe and stick with them. Those are the ones who matter."

Phobos kept quiet. The ones who make you feel safe-who was that, for him? Definitely not Dei. Not even his parents, not really. Maybe they hadn’t hurt him as much as his sibling, but it wasn’t as though they ever helped him. Who did that leave? Phobos had no idea. He wanted to say: all of you make me feel safe, I don’t feel scared when I’m here. That would be the nice thing to say, but... he didn’t know if it was true, not yet. That was the burden Deimos left on him. He felt as though he would never know what ‘safety’ really was.

Phobos was so distracted by his thoughts that while he heard Oliver, the words simply didn’t register. Which was embarrassing, because what kind of ghost can’t hear things? He wanted to ask him to repeat himself, but-but that seemed so rude! Would it be rude?

At least he heard the final part. "I want to go home."

Oh. Home. It sounded nice. It wasn’t something he had, but... Phobos wished he did. He wished Oliver could go there, too, wherever it was. Wherever was safe for him. Kaleo, too, and his brother, and Isolde, and Shadowmere wherever she ended up. He really shouldn’t think about her, but still.

”I hope one day you can go home, Oliver,” Phobos said, ”I dunno how, but, I’ll help you if I can...”

I was the match and you were the rock
maybe we started this fire

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:11 am