Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+3
Nightfall
Duma
renegade
7 posters

(ACE) The PALLET Team

Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 15 Empty Re: (ACE) The PALLET Team

Post by Starbits Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:57 pm

Photobucket
    Pallet Town | Evening | 123

Oliver felt some of the tightness in his chest loosen when Kaleo smiled at him, unable to help a little smile back at the way Kaleo smiled. "I am happy to see you, yes. And the storm should even out soon into just simple rain. Once the big noise is gone will you feel better? I would hate for you to be up all night..."

Oh, huh. He hadn't even thought of that.

"Uh- hm- y-yeah, I think so? I mean, it wouldn't be anything worth worrying about anyway- it's- not like this would be the first time." Pathetic, but true. Worrying about him because the thunder kept him up would be a waste of energy; they could spend that better in other places, anyway. "I-it'd be fine."

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 15 RosaChallenge
    oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

desktop||starbits shop||trainersona
    ♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 15 280
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:21 pm

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 15 092

Pallet Town | Evening
    {63}

Oliver seems happier in his new spot, which Phobos is glad to see. This was much better than hearing his friend accidentally hurt himself because of that bed.

"I am happy to see you, yes. And the storm should even out soon into just simple rain. Once the big noise is gone will you feel better? I would hate for you to be up all night..."

Oh-that hadn't crossed his mind at all. Phobos thinks back to when he first met Oliver and Isolde, when they'd told him about 'sleep', that still-mysterious trance he only slightly understands. If he's remembering right, it's something corporeal Pokemon really need. Being up all night is his normal, but could it hurt Oliver? Kaleo's probably right to be worried... Phobos would hate it too if something bad happened. He doesn't know exactly what could happen, though; understanding non-ghosts is still hard.

"Uh- hm- y-yeah, I think so? I mean, it wouldn't be anything worth worrying about anyway- it's- not like this would be the first time." I'm already worried, though... "I-it'd be fine."

Phobos isn't sure it would actually be fine-he's way too familiar with pretending things are okay when they're not to believe that-but he knows better than to push the subject when Oliver is probably still feeling upset. If he made him feel even worse, he'd never forgive himself. "You can always talk with me if you can't sleep," Phobos points out, hoping he remembered the word correctly, "I'm always up anyway, so it wouldn't be any trouble for me at all."

If he's lucky, that will have sounded encouraging. Phobos knows enough about feeling like a burden; he doesn't want to make Oliver feel the same way.

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:02 am

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 15 ERmkwA4
    Pallet Town | Evening
    A - (37) / K-(42)
    ((Skipping Akamu)

"Uh- hm- y-yeah, I think so? I mean, it wouldn't be anything worth worrying about anyway- it's- not like this would be the first time." Kaleo's smile turned down into a worried frown at the deflection. Not being the first time meant that it wasn't impossible for him to be too scared to sleep. "I-it'd be fine."

The much larger donkey huffed nervously at the thought of Oliver being up all night by himself. Despite how anxious he was Kaleo knew his paranoia always exhausted him. No matter how hard he tried to stay up he always inevitably fell asleep and the thought of leaving the two smaller pokemon alone bothered him a great deal. "You can always talk with me if you can't sleep," Phobos offered while Kaleo was lost in his worry. "I'm always up anyway, so it wouldn't be any trouble for me at all."

Oh... That was right! Ghosts didn't sleep. Oliver wouldn't be alone if he passed out at some point and if he remained at the doorway to the closet he could still create a semi-effective barricade for the little guy to hide behind. It was the best they had at this point. "I can try to stay up until you fall asleep," he offered as well, his smile trying to come back. "But at my size I tend to need a lot of rest so I may fall asleep first. I'll wake up if you need me though."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:48 pm

Photobucket
    Pallet Town | Night | 124

"You can always talk with me if you can't sleep." Oliver blinked over at him in surprise. "I'm always up anyway, so it wouldn't be any trouble for me at all."

... That's right. Ghosts didn't really need to sleep. And not having much of a physical form at all, Phobos definitely didn't! Still...

"I can try to stay up until you fall asleep," Kaleo added. He was trying to smile. It was mostly working. "But at my size I tend to need a lot of rest so I may fall asleep first. I'll wake up if you need me though."

"That... that's really sweet of you," Oliver said, trying to look a little less like someone had just offered him a stash of his favorite berries. "But- um- won't you get bored, Phobos? There's gotta be more exciting stuff to do than staying with me all night! And I'd never wanna wake you up, Kaleo- especially after all that work you did today helping us with the... the grave."

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:29 am

Pallet Town | Night
    {64}

Phobos doesn’t get why Kaleo would need more sleep than the others (why does his size change that? Corporeal stuff is confusing) but he still thinks it’s nice how both of them are trying to cheer up Oliver. He’s not used to that. His memories are full of him being kind so as to not make his family upset, but nobody had ever shown him the same feelings in return. Not until Phobos came across this place where humans used to live. He wonders if being as friendly as everyone he’s met here is... was normal.

There’s so much he just doesn’t know.

"That... that's really sweet of you," Oliver says, "But- um- won't you get bored, Phobos? There's gotta be more exciting stuff to do than staying with me all night! And I'd never wanna wake you up, Kaleo- especially after all that work you did today helping us with the... the grave."

Right. The grave. Phobos doesn’t want to think about it, certainly doesn’t want to remember all the confusing and awful things he found in the house. But... something about the way Oliver is talking doesn’t really sit well with him. Phobos can’t think of an exact reason, either, which is frustrating all on its own. Does he really want to be alone, but is too nice to say so? Or is he afraid of them secretly resenting him?

”I really don’t mind. I think it’d be fun to have someone to talk to! It’s..a little scary to be by yourself every night, honestly.” Oh. Phobos hadn’t meant to say that last bit. It probably sounded bad-the only good thing is, he didn’t mention Dei. ”I mean, um, if you want to be alone that’s okay too.”

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:17 pm

Pallet Town | Night
    A - (37) / K-(43)
    ((Skipping Akamu)

"That... that's really sweet of you," Oliver replied kindly, the Chimchar's expression dancing around enough Kaleo had to try and puzzle out whether or not he was happy by the offer. "But- um- won't you get bored, Phobos? There's gotta be more exciting stuff to do than staying with me all night! And I'd never wanna wake you up, Kaleo- especially after all that work you did today helping us with the... the grave."

Grave? There was a grave? Kaleo's ears dipped back as he shifted position, front legs tucking under him as his back legs splayed out a bit to one side so he could shift his weight more comfortably. Usually he would sleep standing up but the last few weeks of their journey had been hard and he needed the rest for his joints. Plus he wanted to be able to see Oliver better. This news about a grave was troubling, however. How much trouble had found the little party before he and Akamu arrived? Perhaps if he simply sat and provided a supportive ear he would find out more. Prying was...rude. Among other things...

”I really don’t mind. I think it’d be fun to have someone to talk to! It’s..a little scary to be by yourself every night, honestly.” Phobos seemed to trip over his words but quickly picked them back up. ”I mean, um, if you want to be alone that’s okay too.”

"It is scary, sometimes," Kaleo agreed, looking over his two smaller companions. "Sometimes I can't even sleep if Akamu falls asleep first. Back home I would even have trouble sleeping if my brother wasn't with me and there weren't even monsters there. At least...not evil, dead ones. Now it's even scarier to be alone at night."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:07 pm

Photobucket
    Pallet Town | Night | 125

"I really don’t mind. I think it'd be fun to have someone to talk to! It's..a little scary to be by yourself every night, honestly." Oliver felt his heart break. Oh, he'd never thought of that! "I mean, um, if you want to be alone that’s okay too."

"It is scary, sometimes," Kaleo added. "Sometimes I can't even sleep if Akamu falls asleep first. Back home I would even have trouble sleeping if my brother wasn't with me and there weren't even monsters there. At least... not evil, dead ones. Now it's even scarier to be alone at night."

"I'm sorry Phobos; I'd- I'd never even considered you being scared all night!" Oh he felt awful. "I wish I could stay up with you all night every night! But I'll get sick if I do that and eventually crash anyway." His shoulders drooped. "And I- haven't exactly been sleeping well lately anyway so- I really need to- to get it where I can."

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:10 am

Pallet Town | Night
    {65}

"It is scary, sometimes," Kaleo agrees, "Sometimes I can't even sleep if Akamu falls asleep first. Back home I would even have trouble sleeping if my brother wasn't with me and there weren't even monsters there. At least... not evil, dead ones. Now it's even scarier to be alone at night."

Even though he can’t understand their issues with sleep, Phobos is still grateful that someone understands. They all have their problems, but it’s nice not to be the only one who’s afraid. If only he could say that’s he scared of more than just the red-eyes. ”Yeah...I hate having to hide all the time.”

Whatever relief Phobos felt, though, is gone the second he realizes that Oliver is upset. He didn’t want that. He would never want that. "I'm sorry Phobos; I'd- I'd never even considered you being scared all night! I wish I could stay up with you all night every night! But I'll get sick if I do that and eventually crash anyway." That sounds bad. Phobos’ guilt only seems to increase in intensity the more he listens; it’s far worse than any curse Dei could ever inflict on him. If he hadn’t said as much as he did, this wouldn’t be a problem! "And I- haven't exactly been sleeping well lately anyway so- I really need to- to get it where I can."

He had to fix this. ”That’s okay, Oliver,” Phobos starts to say, trying not to mess up his own words because he knows if he sounds upset, it’ll just make things even worse. So he has to stay calm, somehow. Even if doing so is really hard. ”I‘m sorry too, if I made you feel bad. I didn’t mean to.“

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:30 pm

Pallet Town | Night
    A - (37) / K-(44)
    ((Skipping Akamu)

As the other two apologized to one another Kaleo began to feel like a very large third wheel. Settling down he lay his head down on his foreleg and the ground, letting out a soft huff of exhaustion as his body attempted to relax. It had been such a long trip here and this was the first time he felt like he could rest, but Akamu wasn't here with him. He wasn't alone, thankfully but he missed the gentle pressure of the smaller pup pressed up against him like a physical reminder of the fact. Sleep would come eventually but the Mudbray wasn't sure if it would be sooner or later. At least the others were still up for now. Hopefully the conversation didn't die out before he was able to fall asleep.

((Sorry Kaleo isn't very talkative at the moment, it just feels weird to have him interject in anything going on so just went with a reaction post))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:21 pm

Photobucket
    Pallet Town | Night | 126

He had to fix this. ”That’s okay, Oliver,” said, and Oliver felt a clench in his gut at how his words sounded a little rough around the edges. ”I‘m sorry too, if I made you feel bad. I didn’t mean to.“

"No- no you didn't-" Oh no now he'd made Phobos actually upset, hadn't he!? He took a deep breath, trying to steady himself. "I just... wanted to let you know that I care? And um, that I wish I could keep you company all night, because you're really nice, and it's sad that someone as nice as you would have to spend the night alone when nights are so scary now."

He gave him an earnest look.

"I would if I could; that's a promise."

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:19 am

Pallet Town | Night
    {66}

"No- no you didn't-I just... wanted to let you know that I care?”

As Oliver talks, Phobos understands he hadn’t done what he wanted, hadn’t kept him from worrying. He tried, but hiding feelings is... it’s not easy. He wishes it was, but it’s not.

”And um, that I wish I could keep you company all night, because you're really nice, and it's sad that someone as nice as you would have to spend the night alone when nights are so scary now."

Oliver looks at him, and Phobos can only describe his expression as serious.

"I would if I could; that's a promise."

He looks away, uncertain of what to feel other than shame. Phobos wants to say he believed what he was told, he did, he wants to accept that maybe there are others who like him. More than anything, really, because until the night he showed up here and met everyone nobody had ever really been nice to him. Nobody ever cared that he had been alone. It feels stupid to keep going back to that over and over again, but the more time Phobos spends here the more he realizes how the pain of being unwanted hurts even worse than the agony of Curse that Dei loved to use.

And for his entire life, until just barely even two days ago, he was always unwanted.

”Thank you,” Phobos says tentatively, unsure of where to go, hoping to not say anything wrong. ”I-I’m not used to anyone being kind to me. When you say I’m nice or that you want to talk with me, I just... don’t know what to think. I don’t know why anyone would ever want that. Not just you either, Oliver, everyone here. I don’t know if I’ll ever understand.”

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:51 am

((Please skip, Kaleo still wouldn't be comfortable interrupting what is going on))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:02 pm

Photobucket
    Pallet Town | Night | 127

”Thank you,” Phobos said, and his voice was way too small. The clenching feeling got worse. ”I-I’m not used to anyone being kind to me."

Oh.

"When you say I’m nice or that you want to talk with me, I just... don’t know what to think."

Oh.

"I don’t know why anyone would ever want that. Not just you either, Oliver, everyone here. I don’t know if I’ll ever understand.”

OH.

"Then we'll help you understand!" The words spilled out of his mouth from somewhere deep inside him. "We'll make sure you know every day that we want that, until you believe it! Even if it takes a lifetime! Because you are nice and you deserve to now it and- and believe it! R-right-"

He looked to Kaleo.

"Right Kaleo? If- if you guys stay, that is? But even if you're not staying you agree with the idea, right?"

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:55 pm

Pallet Town | Night
    {67}

"Then we'll help you understand!" Oliver exclaims almost as soon as Phobos is done speaking. He blinks, once again unsure how to react. "We'll make sure you know every day that we want that, until you believe it! Even if it takes a lifetime! Because you are nice and you deserve to now it and- and believe it! R-right-"

’Even if it takes a lifetime’? He should be nothing except happy, grateful even, but it’s doubt that wins out. Phobos wants to ask him what he means, if Oliver really believes what he’s saying. It almost seems too good to be true. Life has never been this kind to him before. Should he bring up Dei, maybe tell them that they might not be on his side if they knew the entire truth?

No, he’s smart enough to know now definitely isn’t the right time. Phobos doesn’t want everyone to hate him. Hearing someone say they thought he deserved to hear good things about himself... it felt nice. He wants to keep that as long as possible. Forever, a lifetime just like Oliver said, even if it meant never telling them about Dei.

"Right Kaleo? If- if you guys stay, that is? But even if you're not staying you agree with the idea, right?"

Hearing the name of their friend makes him realize how quiet Kaleo has been; he’d been too busy talking with Oliver and far too lost in his own thoughts to notice. Poor Kaleo... Phobos hopes the other Pokemon hasn’t been uncomfortable, or worried.

(n: so uh sorry for the abrupt ending, I tried to think of dialogue but Phobos wouldn’t want to talk over Kaleo. I’m sorry it’s not much to work with)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:40 am

Pallet Town | Night
    A - (37) / K-(45)
    ((Skipping Akamu)

Kaleo had stayed silent after Phobos's confession, his heart breaking for the ghost type but unsure if it was his place to respond. He felt like an observer in the conversation and not actually part of it until little Oliver chimed in with his big heart pouring out through his words. "Then we'll help you understand! We'll make sure you know every day that we want that, until you believe it! Even if it takes a lifetime! Because you are nice and you deserve to now it and- and believe it! R-right-" His voice was so emotional yet confidant in a way that Kaleo both admired and envied. While they both had their fears Oliver didn't seem let his overshadow his compassion and Kaleo found himself completely drawn into the Chimchar's declaration.

"Right Kaleo? If- if you guys stay, that is? But even if you're not staying you agree with the idea, right?" He smiled as Oliver looked over to him and gave a slow nod. "I'm happy to keep talking to you all as long as we are here. It's not often we find people who are so kind and patient like you and Phobos. And...even if we leave... We'll make sure you can always remember that there are people who care. As long as that berry bush blooms it will be impossible to forget."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:53 pm

Photobucket
    Pallet Town | Night | 128

Kaleo smiled and Oliver felt a knot or two in his stomach loosen. "I'm happy to keep talking to you all as long as we are here. It's not often we find people who are so kind and patient like you and Phobos. And...even if we leave..."

Please don't leave.

"We'll make sure you can always remember that there are people who care. As long as that berry bush blooms it will be impossible to forget."

"Yeah," Oliver croaked, feeling something well up inside him. He wasn't sure what, but he knew he'd felt it with Anne before. "That... that's right. We all care and- and that bush proves it and always will. We got it together, all of us. And- and if you guys stay we can- we can do more things together."

He was going to make sure that bush survived no matter what.

The rush of emotions drained out like a tide, the feelings lingering but less overwhelming. Oliver could only guess it was sheer exhaustion, and it was with relief he noted that he hadn't heard thunder in awhile. "I th-think... I'm gonna try to sleep? While it's kind of quiet? You're um- you're welcome to stay here with me if you want?"

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:37 am

Pallet Town | Night
    {68}

"I'm happy to keep talking to you all as long as we are here. It's not often we find people who are so kind and patient like you and Phobos.” Will I ever get used to being included like that? ”And...even if we leave... We'll make sure you can always remember that there are people who care. As long as that berry bush blooms it will be impossible to forget."

A reminder that people care... Phobos likes that thought. He has too many bad memories to count. Even though today wasn’t perfect, it would be nice to remember it anyway. After all, it’s his first day with others who are the closest thing he’s ever had to real friends.

"Yeah. That... that's right. We all care and- and that bush proves it and always will. We got it together, all of us. And- and if you guys stay we can- we can do more things together."

It’s kind of funny. The first time Phobos ever talked to them, he’d quarreled with Kaleo’s own brother. But here he is, hoping they both stay.

"I th-think... I'm gonna try to sleep? While it's kind of quiet? You're um- you're welcome to stay here with me if you want?"

Oliver does look a lot calmer now, doesn’t he? After seeing how scared he was earlier, that’s a relief. Yet Phobos can’t keep himself from feeling his own spike of dread. It’s the same fear Dei would cause any time they looked at him. Soon both of his companions would be asleep, and that meant another night by himself, watching for any sign of that horrible shadow...

But Phobos hasn’t forgotten what Oliver said, about corporeal Pokemon really needing their rest. That’s more important than him. Even if it’s hard to understand it, he would rather dissipate than hurt them just because he’s frightened. He’s a ghost, he shouldn’t be scared!

”I hope you guys sleep well,” Phobos says, though he wouldn’t know what sleeping well feels like. It sounds like a nice thing to tell them. ”I’ll stay here, if that’s okay.”

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Fri May 29, 2020 2:46 pm

Pallet Town | Night
    A - (37) / K-(46)
    ((Skipping Akamu)

"Yeah. That... that's right. We all care and- and that bush proves it and always will. We got it together, all of us. And- and if you guys stay we can- we can do more things together." Kaleo felt a small ball of warmth in his barrelled chest form as Oliver appreciated and agreed with his corny sentiment. His short, bristled tail swished lazily but happily across the dusty floor and the Mudbray tucked in on himself to keep from showing out loud how pleased he was. Very few times did he feel comfortable enough to be outwardly exuberant but especially around smaller Pokemon he had to be careful. He didn't want to hurt anyone with his heavy frame and clumsy hooves. Still...it was nice to be included and that made Kaleo so happy.

"I th-think... I'm gonna try to sleep? While it's kind of quiet? You're um- you're welcome to stay here with me if you want?"

”I hope you guys sleep well. I’ll stay here, if that’s okay.”

Kaleo looked at his two new companions and let out a small huff of contentment that resembled a tired sigh. He was more at ease in this little room than he had been in months, constantly moving from place to place and never trusting anything new because it could potentially kill or hurt them. Akamu was usually the one to pick up on such things and would keep them moving which meant neither of them got much actual rest. Today was full of rare luxuries it seemed.

"I'd be happy if you stayed," he agreed with a small, tired smile. "I don't sleep well when alone so the more the merrier. As long as you don't mind being a little bored once we've both nodded off."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:21 pm

Photobucket
    Pallet Town | Night | 128

”I hope you guys sleep well. I’ll stay here, if that’s okay.”

Bricks of exhaustion were hitting him one by one, and Oliver could tell if he didn't sleep it would grow into a headache. The weight of it was so heavy it took a moment to realize Phobos had spoken and by the time he did, Kaleo was already responding.

"I'd be happy if you stayed," the donkey assured their friend (friend, right?) with a tired smile. "I don't sleep well when alone so the more the merrier. As long as you don't mind being a little bored once we've both nodded off."

"Uh-huh," Oliver yawned, making sure to give the jittery ghost a smile of his own. It probably looked goofy and lopsided with fatigue, but okay, close enough. "It'd- be nice, even? To know someone's there watching over us?"

He was never one for meeting new people, but even so, he kind of hoped they'd run into another ghost soon. Phobos didn't deserve to be spending his nights alone. They don't need to sleep, but can they?

It wasn't worth pondering right this minute. He shifted in the closet to lay down, nesting in the blanket. He wished he could go get more, but this was good enough for tonight.

(Next round Oliver falls asleep and we proceed to morning, everyone! :D)

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:51 pm

(please skip me. I don’t have much for Phobos rn other than him agreeing to stay with the others)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:46 pm

((Was given permission to go ahead with the time skip since Akamu stayed up all night like a brat lol))

Pallet Town | Dawn
    A - (38) / K-(46)
    ((Skipping Kaleo)

Akamu's whole body was stiff as he lay upon his perch at the window. Legs tucked tight to his sides, head low with only his eyes peaking over the window sill, there was little to give away he was even a living creature beyond the occasional slow swish of his tail. This was his favorite part of the evening. With barely even a breath or twitch of muscle to disturb the serenity of the quiet atmosphere the Rockruff watched patiently for the last twinkle of starlight to fade.

Darkness quickly covered all, even to his keen eyes.

With neither moon nor starlight left in the sky to light the way everything fell into dark shadow. It was both awe inspiring and terrifying, not knowing what was in the dark, but Akamu loved it. Seeing everything swallowed up by last shred of night before the sun crested over the horizon to bathe everything in a soft, orange and yellow glow was mystifying. He smiled softly to himself as the world seemed to pause during this moment in time and didn't move until finally he saw the creeping edge of light moving across the adjacent buildings. "Dawn then," he muttered softly to himself.

Yawning widely Akamu stretched and finally stood from his statue-like crouch and looked around. The house was still and quiet, much as it had been all night. Some time ago the chatter down the hall quieted down and everyone seemed to settle so he simply left everyone be. Isolde seemed content in her slumber as well so rather than wake her Akamu figured it was easier to do what he always did and stayed awake to keep watch of the perimeter. It was no different than his normal nightly routine so he didn't see the harm in letting the lady sleep but now that the sun was up his brain seemed to send a signal that he needed to get going.

Hopping down from his perch he strolled over to the moth and tilted his head curiously to study the female. Was she awake yet? "Isolde?" he questioned softly. "It's morning. It's time to wake the others."
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:16 pm

(ACE) The PALLET Team - Page 15 Ifuva4g
    Pallet Town | Dawn [88]

The quiet of the morning hours was something that Isolde usually enjoyed, but even she could admit that yesterday had been eventful and had tired her out more than usual. The uncomfortable position she was sleeping in didn't really deter her from trying to get a few more minutes, but Akamu's voice dragged her to the waking world. "Isolde? It's morning. It's time to wake the others."

Her wings fluttered in response as she finally embraced conciousness. After a few seconds, she flapped her wings properly so that she was hovering over the couch. The early morning light was barely coming through the windows, and she was grateful that it was still dim inside. "Good morning," She finally said in a still sleepy tone. She started going towards the hallway where the rooms were and asking, Are they still in the room-" She cut herself off.

It had taken her a minute to realize that she had slept the whole night instead of taking her shift.

"Wait, did you get any sleep last night?" Concern flashed across her face. "You didn't have to stay up the whole night."

((Uhh, sorry guys, if you need to skip this round, go ahead, I didn't count on her getting hung up here. It shouldn't take her more than a round to move on to waking up the others))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:33 pm

Photobucket
    Pallet Town | Night | 129

Sleep wasn't long in coming. He was thoroughly exhausted by this point, and the others had fallen quiet. The rain was a hard shower against the windowpanes, but no thunder.

The sheeting rain, the pounding of the water against the house, the heaviness in his bones, all mercifully pulled him down into sleep.

Maybe things will be okay, floated up before the darkness claimed him.

Pallet Town | Dawn

Dawn broke softly just after the storm did, in blues and grays. Buried in the blanket in the closet, the faint light missed Oliver and he slept on, unaware, for now, of the passing of the nighttime.

(This is short but. Transition post. What're ya gonna do.)

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:17 pm

Pallet Town | Night
    {69}

It didn’t take long for the others to drift off to whatever strange world they stayed in during their sleep, leaving him alone. Phobos idly floats away, not out of the room (after all he did promise to stay) but in his own little spot. Even though nobody could see him right now, he didn’t want to accidentally end up staring.

Now that it‘s only him, Phobos has a lot of time to think. Today had been.. way too many different things happening too fast for him to keep up with. He’d learned a lot, and thought a lot; it hasn’t really settled in yet. Not completely. The Phobos who found this place yesterday feels like someone completely different to who he is now, which.. doesn’t make any sense, yet makes too much sense all at once. He isn’t sure what to think of such a confusing mess.

Phobos wonders if this feeling is the same as being ‘tired’.

Pallet Town | Dawn

Phobos is still in the room when morning comes around. He hadn’t done much during the night; even his usual alertness seemed to lull as time passed. That hasn’t happened in forever.

The other two haven’t stirred yet, and Phobos leaves them be-he has no idea how long this sleep thing is supposed to last normally, is it the same every time? It’s another thing to add to his list of questions. But for now, he’s content to wait until someone gets up.

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:03 am

Pallet Town | Dawn
    A - (39) / K-(46)
    ((Skipping Kaleo)

Akamu watched as Isolde found the waking world once again and alighted into the air. It was curious to the young ground type how anyone could have enough energy in the morning, full nights sleep or no, to try and immediately start flying. But he couldn't fly so that was already a mystery in and of itself so it didn't really matter. "Good morning," she all but yawned out. Akamu smiled at the sleep still in her voice as she moved towards the hall as if on auto-pilot. Are they still in the room-"

Her abrupt pause was followed immediately by a stare, the pup cocking his head to the side and lifting a paw in case he needed to bolt for some unknown reason. "Wait, did you get any sleep last night? You didn't have to stay up the whole night." Oh? Was that all? Chuckling softly to himself Akamu relaxed his posture and started walking towards her to go help wake the others, certain Kaleo was still a passing resemblance of a boulder at this time of the morning. "I'm fine," he promised. "This is sort of our routine anyway so it felt natural to simply let everyone sleep while I watched over the night. I'll get my rest as well don't worry."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 pm