Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+13
Dandelion
Requiem
Min
Krajin
Alakazam
Moon Moon
Fern
Duma
Scizor
Danielfightscats
Crepuscular
Kaze
renegade
17 posters

(ACE) The FROST Team

Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 16 Empty Re: (ACE) The FROST Team

Post by Dazey Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:30 am

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 16 JFcT7wC
    Outside Frost Cavern [Mountain Path] | Dawn | (21)

A courteous nod was Rae’s silent response to the dark hound. The poor dear’s situation was more akin to hell on earth than she’d wish on almost anyone.
    Even though her ears heard the conversation, her musings were louder in her mind than the outside conversations.

"We can't just hide and get a check. Someone's bound to pull a stick out of their arse and cast it to the wind. These are undead, fighting them will be tough. Dark Types to..we should be good against them techniques wise.. Maka. How many are in your pack?"

Luckily piecing together what she missed was rather easy and like everything she showed attention in, she was immersed in thought. She hummed, turning Arkturus’ words over again and again in her mind as her inner strategist took over.
    "There was about thirty in the pack, but half of them never came back from the cavern and I've been by there so many times. The sole Mightyena survivor responded. "Still the one I call an evil spirit is an outsider that came into my pack and cursed my pack into what they are. I remember him having evil red eyes unlike the young one there." The material at Rae’s midriff pulled tightly, clutched in her cold fingers. Not yet had she imagined some of the Mightyena could be youngsters. I can’t put babies down if it comes to that…

"I think if we work together we'll be able to win. Besides they block our way off of this mountain." Drake’s confidence… sadly wasn’t contagious. She nodded at the cocky reptile but she wasn’t feeling it.
    A deep breath filled her lungs with air - and with that, a bitter cold burn. Odds stacked against them, confidence was one of their only assets. Fake it ‘til you make it? More than one person once said a lack of belief is the best way to fail. Maybe they were onto something. The snow kind of gives Venge and I home court advantage... Although the Mightyena had that too.

"Talk about timing, looks like its either now or never." The Charmeleon pointed out. The sun indeed was just about to break over the horizon, making stealth significantly less viable when it did.

"Will you be able to fight with us?" Kolven meowed to the Mightyena. Rae’s sympathetic eyes fell onto Maka, wishing for a way to save him from the awful deed. Kolven continued, "They were your friends and family. You shouldn't have to watch that, and I'd understand if you can't."

“Venge, Swords Dance.” The girl whispered to her companion, bent over to keep the command secret. Maka didn’t need to hear an order to prepare for slaughtering his family. They were too far gone, just like Starry. This was mercy killing. She wasn’t a murderer.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:28 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 16 Merge
    Outside Frost Cavern|Dawn
    74|41

Seems that the first thought was out of the question but like so Jack was able to adjust to other tactical points. "We can't just hide and get a check. Someone's bound to pull a stick out of their arse and cast it to the wind. These are undead, fighting them will be tough. Dark Types to..we should be good against them techniques wise.. Maka. How many are in your pack?" Jack knew that and of course he was right with Finn being an ass and alerting the undead to their position. Problem is that Finn is such an angry fox for some unknown reason. Other than that maybe Maka can spread some light on how many they'll be facing. As Maka talked to them to tell them how many there are Jack continued to think in his head on possible tactics to dealing with them. Each of them might be different from the other which would make them have different weak spots. One thing did catch his attention. An outsider that was not from Maka's pack has control. Considering that the options was limited in a small sense, they would need to be careful as undead mightyena are more fierce and tricky.

There was Drake though that as mentioned has pride issues, but Jack considered that part which Drake's species was known for. "Drake I think that you might have to settle down a bit on that. I know you want to fight, but we have to do it smart or we could be in big trouble." What the charmeleon said next had put the time of having any surprise to a halt. Well there goes the stealth approach. Looks like they'll have to take a different approach."Will you be able to fight with us?" After that he had said something that felt as if it was an understanding. Jack felt the same way, but it was up to Maka on that decision. Finn did get a little upset from what Ark said, but this wasn't the time to go at him. Jack then heard a whisper coming from Rae, but he didn't pay much attention to what she said. Yet the idea to be ready to fight was always on the command. With a simple spark of electricity, Jack was ready to fight. "Be ready guys, once the sun gets high enough we would be completely exposed and hiding with the snow won't be simple anymore." Finn nodded and pulled the stick out holding the flame close to his chest.

The Braixen had a lot of issues, but he wasn't about to make them suffer and ruin their escape. I maybe an asshole, but I won't be the reason to hate and want those to wish death upon me. He was many things but a backstabber and a killer was something he wasn't. However, he felt that Maka was likely to unable to fight, but even then he didn't know that. If both Maka and Drake gang up on him, then it would be most miserable time of his life. How he would think it was out of his suspicion. A promise though was to be kept and he'll tell everything though getting hit by Jack was still a possibility.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:56 am

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 16 Latest?cb=20170424143253

Mountainside | Dawn | 56

"There was about thirty in the pack, but half of them never came back from the cavern and I've been by there so many times. Still the one I call an evil spirit is an outsider that came into my pack and cursed my pack into what they are. I remember him having evil red eyes unlike the young one there." Thirty in this pack? That's a large pack by even his idea of a big pack.. the food and resources they had must of been incredible to support that many adults and young. The well built Luxray didn't flinch or baulk at the idea of fighting so many. With Fifteen down roughly.. that meant that at least half remained and some of them were kids. Some would call him cold if they knew.. but Ark at that point didn't consider them children no more.

Just threats and mercy killings. He counted their numbers.. the trainer would of had to have at most six pokeballs with her, the rest plus himself that were combat capable numbered six.. their odds weren't great. They needed to get creative.. Arkturus took in all that was around them, snow, some wood.. more snow. What does snow turn into when heated? Water! "I got an idea.. two really. One is more ballsy than the other, though I'll let you lot decide which is which. When they come for us, melt the snow around us.. Myself and Jack can dump a great deal of electrical energy into the water which is really conductive. It'll at least fry some of them, stun them.. jar up the body some." He says with the first idea. It wasn't the greatest he could think of but it did show the potential for using the environment to their advantage.

"The second idea is we charge them. Hard. They'd expect us to cower, not charge them with everything we got coming at them. Probably the crazier of the two but it is something. A more act of desperation than anything else." He looked around at them, waiting for their thoughts.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:43 pm

OoC)) Skipping for now. I might come back to edit it depending on what tomorrow brings.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:03 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 16 RGvjGOO
    Outside Frost Cavern [Mountain Path] || Dawn
    Clover 61 || Kolven 38

Kolven tried to hold the Mightyena's gaze, but looked away when he did not answer. He had known such a question would be harsh, insensitive even though he tried to be gentle, and the lack of reply spoke volumes of Maka's struggle. I'm sorry. All they could do was to make it as painless as possible for the lost. Giving a respectful not the cat turned himself back to his sister. The female was back at the hunk of meat, tearing and shredding it to pieces as she ate vigorously. "Loading up before the big battle?" He mewed in a whisper, and while his voice tried to be humorous the darkness in his gaze was more telling.

Clover did not answer him. For once she could feed, and no one would tell her otherwise. Her whiskers twitched with a sense of jubilation, with such strong glee that the cat could almost say she felt normal for the first time in her recent memories. It was overwhelming, and before she could make sense of the emotions her teeth smashed down on a frozen bone. It was too thick to crack beneath her bite and broke the trance she had fallen under. Eye widening, Clover took a step back and licked her chops as she tried to reset her thoughts. What was going on? Letting her red eye slide to the side she could see Kolven staring at her, his gaze sullen and claws digging into the snow. He was upset.

With a soft, curious mrrrow, Clover inquired this glance, but Kolven was the one not to answer this time. Instead, he just took a step forward, and curled himself between her and the meat. "You'll need to be careful," he whispered right into her ear fur. "Don't be afraid to hide if its too much." Undead usually left other undead alone, but Kolven could not trust the natural cat/dog rivalry. I'll keep you safe, he promised, burying his face in her cold, shaggy fur. I swear to it.

But to do that they had to put down their enemy. Ark's plans both seemed fairly solid but the tom cat did lean toward one rather than the other. "Stunning them all might be better," he agreed to the first idea. "We don't know exactly how many we're dealing with, and charging them might end.. really badly, if our calculations are off." They were already dealing with multiple Mightyena each as it was. Charging into that could easily be suicide. "Plus I have Thunderbolt as well, so I can add some electricity to the pool."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:03 am

Outside Frost Cavern [Mountain Path] | Dawn | (22)

"Be ready guys, once the sun gets high enough we would be completely exposed and hiding with the snow won't be simple anymore."

The horizon was lit by the cresting sun— until now, that had been a sign of safety, a reason to breathe easier. How many nights had she stared into the morning sky, relief in its light because she had survived to see another day?
    Now that comfort was an enemy, exposing them against the snowy terrain as prey for rotters.

Rae’s back straightened up with an absence of the pain usually accompanying her less than ideal sleeping arrangements. The cottage really was a dream despite the thick ill will in the air. All she could remind herself of is the chance of reaching a shelter far better at the base of the mountain, lest this entire plan would begin to feel like a mistake.

"I got an idea.. two really. One is more ballsy than the other, though I'll let you lot decide which is which. When they come for us, melt the snow around us.. Myself and Jack can dump a great deal of electrical energy into the water which is really conductive.  It'll at least fry some of them, stun them.. jar up the body some." Rae hummed at the lion’s plan. The scent of frying rot was almost vivid enough in her mind to smell and until Arkturus spoke again, she was certain this was the riskier of the two plans. "The second idea is we charge them. Hard. They'd expect us to cower, not charge them with everything we got coming at them. Probably the crazier of the two but it is something. A more act of desperation than anything else."

"Stunning them all might be better," Kolven suggested. "We don't know exactly how many we're dealing with, and charging them might end.. really badly, if our calculations are off." The tom’s thoughts mirrored her own, she would definitely agree the latter was an act of desperation and would easily end in casualties if that was their first choice. The vile image of so many broken bodies lay in the snow, a gruesome slushie, turned her stomach. And so began the gears in her mind turning.

Her icy fingers cupped her chin in thought. “I’m also in favor of the first option,” she said. “The electricity essentially would provide a barrier if timed correctly. If we stun them, our sweepers like Venge could reduce their numbers fast if the electric attacks aren’t sufficient enough to kill them.” Her hands slid to her decidedly slanted hips, producing just enough warmth from friction that the chilled digits were something like comfortable against her cotton shirt. “And if that should fail, we give it all we got to fight our way to safety.”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:40 am

Outside Frost Cavern|Morning
    75|42

"I got an idea.. two really. One is more ballsy than the other, though I'll let you lot decide which is which. When they come for us, melt the snow around us.. Myself and Jack can dump a great deal of electrical energy into the water which is really conductive. It'll at least fry some of them, stun them.. jar up the body some." Ark's idea had ticked well for Jack since water is a huge conductor of electricity. Likely Finn and Drake would be able to melt the snow to where it can become a trap for them to use their electric attacks on. Vendetta would be able to help out as well with the trap laying. However with Finn and Drake still at odds with each other, it would be hard for them to cooperate with each other. The other idea though was a last resort in case which even Jack would call a high risk one. "The second idea is we charge them. Hard. They'd expect us to cower, not charge them with everything we got coming at them. Probably the crazier of the two but it is something. A more act of desperation than anything else." Finn crossed his arms acting like he didn't care, but in his own way he would go along with it to at least help them survive. Drake was fired up and excited to help make the traps, but Maka was silent. Jack went over and talked with Maka. Finn however was looking around with the sunlight now exposing them. "Looks like we can't use the snow for cover anymore, just bloody perfect, them blokes will be able to see us." The Pikachu looked at him with an angry look that said shut up. Last thing they need is them to come to them before executing the plan.

When Jack looked at Maka though, he seen the mightyena not in fear, but it seemed he had his eyes closed and was saying something incomprehensible to Jack as if it was another language. Guess he should leave him be to let Maka think it over. "Stunning them all might be better," That would reduce the threat significantly if they did that. If Maka does fight though he'd likely go after the leader if Jack had to guess. "We don't know exactly how many we're dealing with, and charging them might end.. really badly, if our calculations are off." That is true, if they mess up just once and it would become a deadly encounter with most of them either infected or dead. So they had to come out of this unscathed and everyone accounted for. “I’m also in favor of the first option,” So far there wasn't any objection other than to option B which was a last resort. “The electricity essentially would provide a barrier if timed correctly. If we stun them, our sweepers like Venge could reduce their numbers fast if the electric attacks aren’t sufficient enough to kill them.” Rae then voiced out the last resort option. “And if that should fail, we give it all we got to fight our way to safety.”

Jack looked around to see where they could set a good place for a trap. He eventually got sight of a good place to set it. "Down there, It might leave us exposed, but if we can get a large pool around us it should be able to take multiple undead mightyena down." As for timing on when they'll have to get into position and for the fire types to get out of range. Ark and Jack can conduct such high amounts of electricity that it should take most of them out depending on the radius of how surrounded with water they're in. "Drake, Finn and Vendetta should be able to make that radius for us." Then seeing what Clover was doing it did remind him that most of them hasn't eaten anything yet. Cooking anything right now was a bad idea as the smell of cooking could give their position away quickly. Jack then went to listen into the distance hearing small cracks of wood being stepped on. It was far enough for them to get the trap done and ready. "Once we get out there we'll have five minutes to make a big enough pool. Since we lost the element of surprise now, we'll have to bait and trap." Finn however wanted to make a competition out of it. The idea though was dumb and it could expose him to being even more reckless. Just before Finn ran out Jack stopped him just as quick. "Fine, I'll stick with your plan." All the more reason to punch him later on. Now for Clover, Jack was thinking of something that Clover can help out with as well as Kolven. "Clover, Kolven. What would you both like to do?" Asking them for what they're best at would be a start.

OoC)) Given on how big the pool of water is from the melted snow will affect the electrical kill zone to the mightyena.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am

OOC: I am unable to really think of anything to respond with. So skip me please!))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:34 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 16 Char_Mightyena
    29|4

Considering the idea of an electric shock trap to fry any undead that gets to close was a nifty idea, but there was risk on that part if a fight breaks out between them. Drake was kind of worried in a way. Maka on the other hand who couldn't answer Kolven straight out finally said somehting. "I cannont be the one to end my parents suffering. The false alpha though. I shall banish his tainted soul back to world where evil spirits are trapped." The Charmeleon heard what Maka said and honestly he wanted to say something, but it was perhaps for the best to understand Maka's views. The Charmeleon's lived in Kalos long enough to know that certain pokemon packs have a code and sometimes its hard for him to understand that since he's never been in the wild. “I’m also in favor of the first option,” Maka overheard Rae talking and seemingly it was to the Luxray's idea. Two electric types using a field of electricity for taking down most of his pack. That was mainly unheard of by most pokemon, but if it was to free his pack from the curse of undeath then so be it. “The electricity essentially would provide a barrier if timed correctly. If we stun them, our sweepers like Venge could reduce their numbers fast if the electric attacks aren’t sufficient enough to kill them.” If there was a cure for such an evil curse there would of been something by now, but there wasn't.

Maka picked up the scents of multiple undead downwind. His former pack mates was itching for a fight. One scent though mostly recognizable was his parent's his father's. He had prayed this day would never happen that he would have to fight against his own parents. Then he overheard Jack talking about something like bait and trap whatever that is. For a bunch of travelers they seem to know what they was doing; except for the fox who was a grump. Guess it couldn't be helped. Maka then looked at Venge wanting to ask her something but could he really ask a traveler for a favor to ease his pain by setting his parents free? It was quite a predicament for him. There was one thing he did want to add to Jack's plan; his knowledge of his pack. "My pack has been known to come two or three at a time. One to serve as a distraction and the others to ambush. This bait and trap using water and electricity might work to stop them for you to free them of the curse." It would be worth the chance to see if the pikachu is really as good as he says. Regardless after everything that is said and to be done, he will have no pack left and no home to return to. The travelers would be his only companions left so he made up his mind. Maka was going with them to free anyone else from the curse of undeath.

Drake felt fired up more than ever now to make that pool for both Jack and Ark. If it means surviving and helping out others then he is the right Charmeleon for the job. "Lets make this happen. Sooner we help Maka out the better he'll feel." Maka could understand the charmeleon's desire to help and though he wouldn't be strong enough; perhaps there was still hope for a legend to pass down once this curse is destroyed for good. Finally the Mightyena decided to talk with Venge. "Can I ask you of something? Our pack laws forbid us from harming our own family members and if you could free them, I would be thankful for it." That said, the dark type had got it out of him. Drake came over and gave a starry glance to Rae in confidence that he would stay close by once they get to the final showdown with the Alpha. "I don't know much of wild pokemon packs, but we're in this together. Right Rae?" The fire type's Morale was sky high that he was willing to defend anyone on the final showdown.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:47 am

((Skip please. Things came up today and I just... can’t.))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:22 pm

76|43

Jack wasn't sure how effective it will be, but the thought was worth a try. Though with not much to work with other with snow and both him and Ark; the Pikachu was getting charged up to a dangerous level to anything that is hit within a three feet range. "I'm charged up Ark, If we need to thin the pack then this is likely our only shot we have." Considering the chances of failing was there, but if all else fails both Ark and Jack can switch from electrifying the ground to direct attacks at the drop of a hat. Finn on the other hand knew what to do if he had to change from snow melting to turning a flaming ball of psychic thrown undead to force the other undead back. He didn't say a thing though, but the look on his face shown he was ready to take things more tougher if it comes to that scenario.

OoC)) Didn't have much to work with, lets hopefully get the full action going. Also gonna bring out Finn's little technique once it gets to plan B.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:24 am

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 16 250px-405Luxray

Mountainside | Dawn | 57

Now it was all decided and settled for them to begin. "I'm charged up Ark, If we need to thin the pack then this is likely our only shot we have." It was confirmation enough from the Pikachu that things were to begin. "Melt the snow. Lets make a show of this." He said.  He would move a little, roughly half a foot away from Jack so they could have a little space to move around. It'd been a long time since Ark had been in a proper open battle and today it was going to be a day of shaking off the dust and showing off his power.

While the other Pokemon would start to do their part in melting the snow and turning their spot into a wonderful island surrounded by the best water fire can buy, Waves of electricity would begin to arc over the Luxray as he'd begin to channel electricity into a Thunderbolt, impressive on its own and a fairly common, yet potent attack that many Electric types use. The Mightyena were however, starting to come for them.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:51 pm

OoC)) Gonna have to skip for now, in short Drake goes to help make the pool of water for both Ark and Jack to make a electric trap and Maka listening in counting how far away the enemies are.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:29 am

((Until they release the actual electricity there is nothing I can really do so I shall skip as well.))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:20 pm

Outside Frost Cavern [Mountain Path] | Dawn | (23)

The predators were closing in. Upon noticing both her longtime companions go rigid, silently scanning their surrounding with hackles raised, the girl’s blood began pumping faster, her heart thumping in her ears. The snow was crunching softly in the distance and if she were completely calm, she wouldn’t have picked up on the sound. Alongside it, more noticeably, was the excited gurgles and growls of eager flesh eaters hunting their next meal.

“Vendetta,” Rae said, the simple calling of the dog’s name prompting her to spring into action. Vendetta took a great inhale and spit a constant flow of hellfire on the freshly disturbed snow, aiding in reducing each individual flake into the same soon to be electrified puddle.

Venge’s sight left her surroundings for the briefest moment, trailing up Rae’s chilled form to her porcelain face. From her expression and heavy breathing, it was clear she was troubled. For anyone else, they’d be confused as to why— but the shimmering of the flames in Rae’s wide eyes, the biting of the bitter cold on her pawpads… it gave the Absol deja vu.
    The Disaster Pokémon tugged the girl’s shirt with her teeth, trying to draw her eyes away from the scene and hopefully also the memory that awful night.

Rae looked to her companion, fixing her eyes on the creature’s bi-colored eyes full of concern. The roar of fire flooded their ears and embers danced around them, creating the puzzling sensation of warmth and chill at the same time.

The girl’s lips moved but the words were so tiny and broken, the Absol had no chance of hearing what her Trainer had to say. Rae’s eyes then slid shut and her hands cupped tightly over her ears, blocking out the horrific inferno. If she couldn’t see or hear it, maybe she’d feel better. Fire always made it hard to breathe, like a knife was being driven into her closed windpipe. All she could ever do was tremble while she fell victim again and again to her fear of the element that ruined her life.

((Vendetta’s Flamethrower isn’t super OP, I’m going on the assumption the other fire-types have joined in. She said “Was this how it felt?” to Venge.))
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:58 am

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 16 Latest?cb=20170424143253

Mountainside | Dawn | 58

Arkturus puffed slightly with his fur fuzzing out fully and completely as the various pokemon lit up the Dawn with their various Flame attacks. This drew the attention of the Undead Mighhtyena whom started to close in on the Pokemon and lone trainer who were now in the middle of a large, icy island on the side of a mountain with their new and rather unassuming trap being made. Jack and Ark were preparing themselves, charging potent attacks to electrify the large pool of icy water.

It made the ground into slush with ankle deep water for the Mightyena and as the pack began to step in. Arkturus watched with his keen eyes.. they needed to catch as many as they could in their electrical trap and with the distance between their island and the Mightyena, it was a nice buffer. Even if it was a bit.. hairy. Arkturus counted down "Three... two...One..." Wherein he unleashed a loud roar that was suddenly muffled by his and presumably Jack's Thunderbolts suddenly being unleashed in beautiful, yet deadly blasts of electricity from their bodies which shot into the sky and then down into the water. Several of the Mightyena would suddenly find themselves with no chance to react as the force of the electricity suddenly channelled into the water would travel through to them and send a couple of the front liners of the pack flying out of the water as they took the brunt of such potent discharges along with the rather loud thunderclap that followed.

The dead Mightyena was one of the youngest of the Pack most likely, young, weaker and now no longer suffering with such a quick death. The others that had been flung out of the water or stepped in and took damage were slowed down, stunned as their Undead bodies were hit with electricity. Now.. it was up to the others to add in with their ranged attacks. As Ark tossed in another Thunderbolt to the water, striking it with another pulse of electricity.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Mountainside|morning
    30|5

The mightyena finished counting, as Drake came back along with Finn. Like that some undead mightyena came rushing out heading towards the two that are still out there. "Here they come. I'm sorry my friends. This is the only way to free your souls from the evil spirit." After that electricity shocked the undead and killing a couple of them while the others was paralyzed from being electrocuted from the double thunderbolt. Drake put his claws on Maka. He could tell that it was hard on Maka, but he had put in his words. "This must be pretty hard for you Maka. sorry for your loss." Maka thanked Drake's words. Though he couldn't get in without getting heavily shocked, he could help keep track of any other of his former pack if they was nearby. Drake however was able to get a clear shot on the closest undead. "Got one, time to roast this one to ash. Fitting to send it to the afterlife." With a deep breath Drake sent a stream of fire hitting one of the undead mightyena that was stunned from the electricity. Smoke and fire was engulfing the body.

Maka then said an incantation that was taught for those who have passed. "Ancestors take their spirits to the great pack in the heavens. After that he began to look downhill seeing the end of the snow line. "We're almost there, I don't hear anything else, but I can certainly smell the stench of the evil spirit somewhere." His heart was pounding. His parents are likely being forced to follow though he isn't aware they've fell to the virus as well. He's there somewhere. I'll send that spirit back to the underworld where he'll never haunt me again. It was always custom to fight one on one against the alpha, but if the evil spirit is the type that plays unfair then likely he'll have to play it smart and use the land to his advantage.

OoC))A couple more posts then its a full battle. Remember Maka can't kill his parents therefore another pokemon will have to do it.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:34 pm

Outside Frost Cavern [Mountain Path] || Dawn
    Clover 62 || Kolven 39

The sky was beautiful. The brightening shades of blue were only obscured by the dotting of dark pink clouds and possibility of more snow during the day. It was a lovely dawn, and Kolven rested his gaze on it as long as possible. What if it was their last? Behind him, and within the collection of his friends Clover was completely unaware of such turmoil. She had returned to shredding and devouring the hunk of meat, and now that the outermost layer had been removed it almost looked like normal food again. Everyone else was distracted by something but her mind was utterly focused on her catch until, seemingly suddenly, the sky and area around them lit up with life.

Jumping back from the chunk Clover fell low to the ground, spreading her paws and digging them deep into the frost as she hissed. Any sort of peace she had found in feeding was snatched away as memories of that horrid time played out before her. However, unlike other times, there was now two with the same culprit. She snapped, biting and slashing at the drastically warmer air as though it was coming for her. Kolven turned his head, his amber eyes ablaze like the snow as he looked at his sister. "Filthy hounds!" She spat, but the words were lost within the crackling roar of the fleeting inferno.

With a twist to his visage Kolven had to look away from her. He knew at least partially what was wrong, and the thought of that battle left his own paws shaking. But these aren't Arcanine. Hopefully that would be enough to keep Clover together when the fighting started. As quickly as it had started, the fire was dying. Kolven shook and took off all the things he had collected, cursing his natural desire to horde and prepare. Sparks littlered his fur as he bound to the edge of their new island. The moat around them wouldn't last long in this chill, but it wouldn't have to. The bright flames and activity had finally drawn the pack from their hiding places, and Mothims to a flame they crept toward the group as the fleeting embers died back.

Fear prickled along his spine, making the hairs stand on end from more than just static as the diseased creatures approached. What if this didn't work? Would they have time to do anything to defend themselves? Doubt weakened his resolve, and the small tom took a hesitant step back. They could not run. The Mighyena came closer and closer, their paws hitting the water as they sloshed even closer. Kolven's heart was pounding like a drum in is chest, ready to burst as the electric team continued to withhold their attack. Ignoring his fear was nearly impossible, but Ark's countdown offered much needed structure and guidance. "Three... two...One..." With that last number the cat could hold back no longer.

With a harsh, sudden breath in the cat released his Thunderbolt alongside the others. Fear increased its volume, and for an attack with an already low limit that was less than optimal. But Kolven ddin't care; he could see his reflection in the stained teeth of the pack. The blast and sound was much harsher than that of the fire, bursting around them like some sort of explosion. The dogs yelped, freezing with stunted muscles before falling stiffly from the stimuli. Were they dead, stunned, faking? His power faded and a lightheadedness made him sway on his paws. They were still coming, at least some of them, and if it weren't for Drake's fire attack the cat would have remained frozen.

Shaking his head the Meowth threw whatever caution he had to the wind. It was now or never! With a deep breath he shot another Thunderbolt in the water, mimicking Ark as he tried to keep the beasts back. But his power was not nearly as strong, and while he managed to shock the closest canines they were able to break his grasp and hop back to the solid snow behind them.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:54 am

Mountainside|Morning
    77|44

With the electric field holding the undead mightyena within it, Jack was ready to unleash another one while Finn continues to do his own thing. With one of the undead mighyena in his sight he went with a flamethrower and roasted the mightyena in a fury of fire.. "Unlucky you. your ashes will be spread across the wind mate. Your leader is next." Finn was being cocky as usual and not the good kind either. With the undead mightyena almost finished, Jack then looked down the mountain. seeing the snow cut off from the rest. The pack was now thinned to a third of what it was now. Yet he could feel that Maka had his priorities set on something else. He must be wanting to fight the alpha, something tells me though that we'll have to fight together on that one. This felt like something out of a skilled fighter's handbook. The pikachu could be wrong, but this wasn't about taking control of a pack anymore, it was about working together and surviving. As the last one finally fell to the others it was time to move onward.

Jack got back on Ark and looked around. It was quiet, to quiet. Something was amiss and he had a feeling that the minute they get close to the snow line they'll run into the alpha. "Be ready everyone, we might end up fighting the Alpha once we get to the grassy area." The pikachu was sure that the threat wasn't gone until the Alpha is dealt with. He just hoped that they didn't have something that would give away their location. "Bloody hell, its about time we get out of the snow. After this I don't want to see any more snow. Right mates?" What Finn didn't know was that Jack was going to exact punishment to Finn for his reckless behavior. Jack then started hearing movement, but it was to quiet to identify. Looks like a clean escape isn't going to be that easy after all. "Looks like a clean escape isn't going to be so easy. We still have at least nine to ten more. You ready Ark?" Jack asked Ark.

OoC))The remaining pack will be confronted once they reach the end of the snowy part of the mountain.  So in short Maka will fight against the alpha after the remaining mightyena are defeated.

Last edited by ShadowCharizard on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:53 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 16 405Luxray
    Mountainside | Dawn | 59

It'd been a brief but yet intense fight against the weaker elements of the Mightyena. Though Arkturus had kept his more potent abilities set aside at this time just in case they were going to be needed later and apparently.. they were to be. "Bloody hell, its about time we get out of the snow. After this I don't want to see any more snow. Right mates?" Ark snorted a bit as some of the last of the Mightyena had fallen and he stretches out "You'll live." Was his rather simple response. "Looks like a clean escape isn't going to be so easy. We still have at least nine to ten more. You ready Ark?"

With a mild grunt of annoyance, it was a foolish idea or plan for the Mightyena to have split their force that could of been brought to bare against them and possibly even overwhelmed the smaller group with ease. Looking at the Pikachu, he shifted slightly in posture "We move fast and hard. Keep close and work together to attack. When the Alpha pops up, the strongest of us takes them on." That was a firm point that the Luxray wasn't budging on.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:28 am

Mountainside|Morning
    31|6

With the pack reduced to ten remaining, the mightyena looked at his former friends seeing if any of them was his parents and then he shook his head. Luckily none of them was. As the rest had continued onwards Maka knew that his parents would have to be fought or possibly used against him to weaken his will to fight. "Looks like a clean escape isn't going to be so easy. We still have at least nine to ten more. You ready Ark?" A clean escape won't be happening. As long as the evil spirit remains, they'll keep getting stopped by it. He must defeat the evil spirit. His pack must be freed from the looming darkness that has taken hold. "If I know anything, its that the current alpha smelt like the city. His spirit wasn't pure; corrupted by the malevolent forces it had in its heart." When Drake heard that then he had a feeling that it was someone he had issues with. His tail flame burned hotter as he remembered that mightyena that always called him rich boy or dumb lizard. Though he wanted to say his feelings out, he reframed from doing that. It was best if he kept his eyes out for any trouble as well as the rest of them.

With the dead behind them, they drawn closer to the warmer air, but they still had some time to go before they're out of the snow. It was then Ark had suggested something. "We move fast and hard. Keep close and work together to attack. When the Alpha pops up, the strongest of us takes them on." As much as Maka wanted to let the strongest fight the Alpha, he felt that it would be pointless for a stranger to do so. Unless they did it together. The Alpha would be fixated on him but with his little prattle of a speech. Maka thought to himself on if he could really defeat the Alpha on his own or did he not fight enough to get stronger. Either way the battle would soon draw near and with the remaining including his parents are still out there praying for release.

Maka took one last look at his territory before the final battle with the pack. "The great spirits watch over us, guide us and protect us. Our battle with the evil spirit is upon us soon. May the ancestors watch over us." This was his way of praying for a winning battle. Drake put his claws on Maka nodding to him. Then he seen a trail of blood leading down and it was fresh. "Blood, and its fresh. I also hear wailing as well. Sounds like a Glaceon's wail calling out to whoever." He then looked at Rae if it could be her lost Glaceon. Though the voice was quite feint and hard to hear it sounded like it was saying leave them alone. Even Jack's ears was tuned to the direction and it was up ahead. "Sounds like trouble and if its that bastard who had picked fights with me a few years ago that Maka might be talking about, then I'm gonna laugh when that jerk is defeated." Maka's heart was beating as he followed the scent of blood as it was in the path of their movement. Their battle is about to start.

OoC)) Beginning of the next round starts the battle with the Alpha the rest of the pack will have weak moves, but the Alpha will have a move set which I'll post soon.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:55 am

Outside Frost Cavern [Mountain Path] || Morning
    Clover 63 || Kolven 40

Panting, Kolven cut off his short burst and shot another. The effort was immediately noticeable, throwing his breathing out of wack with his already quick heart rate. With a huff he focused on one Mightyena that was coming too close, and managed to nail it dead on as it bound through the water. It yelped, too dumb to even realize what happened to its packmates before succumbing to the same fate. There was no pride in killing, but any relief from removing the threat was lost as another hyena launched itself toward him. Kolven yelped, instinctively dropping his belly low to the ground before electrocuting it. The attack did little, his head growing fuzzy between effort and panic, and did not manage to kill the thing.

Luckily, he was not alone. With a loud, violent hiss Clover charged the canine that had come much too close and slashed its already damaged throat with a Night Slash ridden paw. She hissed again, bucking and hitting it with both paws before stumbling on her one foot. Thankfully, that was enough. The rotten dog stumbled, touching the water once more and falling dead as its nerves took more than they could handle. Bouncing to his paws Kolven burned with a mix of pride and shame, grateful for his sister but disappointed in his own cowardness. But he could not dwell. As the last of the beasts fell Jack reclaimed his perch upon Ark and gave the signal to move.

Without a second thought Kolven broke into a run. Bounding forward, wind in his whiskers and tail streaming, it was almost like they were home free. Clover ran beside him with a steady, awkward gait that Kolven had not seen in some time. His heart soared in his chest, wishing the situation allowed for him to praise her. Whether it was the meal she had just devoured or the emotions stirred up from the hounds and flames, he didn't care. Clover had been spurred into action and was moving along with the rest of them as though her heart was still beating. Only as they pelted along and the chill of the wind pierced his fur did Kovlen realize they had left most their collectables behind, but it was too late to care. "Be ready everyone, we might end up fighting the Alpha once we get to the grassy area." Jack announced, his ears tall and listening for their awaiting enemy. To think, those frightening hunters had been the weaker and clueless pack members.

The cold air made Kovlen's throat dry and his lungs burn as they moved. Weak sunlight was rapidly pouring over the snow, threatening to drown out all remaining shadows as the sun moved higher. Slowing his step the feline peered beyond them for any sign of trouble or hope and was relieved by the latter. "A bridge!" Kolven exclaimed, excitement tingling in his frozen paws at the sight of a human structure. If man had been here, then it would surely lead to a path out of these mountains and away from the pack's hunting grounds. They were almost there, he thought, but that hope was still so far away as Drake gasped, "Blood, and its fresh. I also hear wailing as well. Sounds like a Glaceon's wail calling out to whoever." How he knew what it was, the cat didn't dare ask, but the revelation that they were being baited afterall made his stomach knot up. Worse, the ominous blood trail that was in their way screamed of having a trap at the end of it. Or, worse yet, the devious alpha Maka seemed so apprehensive to fight.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:35 am

Outside Frost Cavern [Mountain Path] | Morning | (24)

Rae and her companions brought up the rear as their unit bounded down the icy mountain path. Her freezing legs felt something like a machinery without the proper lubrication, with every stride through the snow painful as needles shot up her legs from impacting the ground again and again. The icy terrain threatened to steal her balance and more than once her bright pink boots were sliding across unexpectedly slippery ground.
    Vendetta and Venge remained at both her sides to ensure her safety. Their pace was decidedly slowed to remain by their master’s side as she had a noticeably harder time keeping up than the Pokémon in the group.

Vendetta’s paws halted in one motion, throwing up snow around her feet from the sudden stop. Her head was twisted to glare at an oncoming Mightyena. It’s body was crouched low as if to hide from the Houndoom’s sight, but it’s presence was obvious to the sharply trained dog. Rae and Venge also stopped, neither willing to leave their companion behind.

Vendetta broke into a run at the rotten canine, who then rose back to its feet and launched itself at the oncoming hellhound. Mere feet before they collided, Vendetta’s body disappeared from sight for the briefest of instants, only to reappear just behind the confused canid and strike it down with a Feint Attack. Vendetta pinned it down and lunged for the back of its neck with a mouthful of sanitizing flames that burned away skin and flesh like printer paper while her teeth made quick work of it’s spine.

The Mightyena lay limp and still partially burning as Vendetta abandoned the corpse to join back with her companions and move ahead.

"A bridge!"

Rae questioned if she had actually heard Kolven’s distance voice, but her eyes confirmed the statement as she reached the point she could also see the bridge and feel the hope of survival ever-so fleeting in the epidemic.
    "Blood, and its fresh. I also hear wailing as well. Sounds like a Glaceon's wail calling out to whoever." Drake stated, and immediately she could feel eyes falling on her. Sympathy for her lost companion? Disdain because she couldn’t euthanize her? She only had a moment to muse before Venge snapped. “No. That is not our companion’s voice, not even in reanimation.” The Absol’s voice was stern and slightly standoffish. The last thing they needed was Rae convincing herself it was Starry Skies and getting herself killed over it. “Whatever it is, it isn’t ours and it isn’t our problem, Raver. There is probably numerous Ice-types wandering here.”

((I’d like to reintroduce Starry later, so for my plans’ sake, this Glaceon isn’t Rae’s. They briefly speculated Starry could be used but that was dialogue. Please run it by me OOC before my characters are used, okay? ;3))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:50 am

Mountainside|Morning
    78|45

The wind fell to a light feeling as if it wasn't there. Jack looked at the blood seeing that this was recently made. The owner of the blood wasn't to far off either as he heard a voice calling out as well, but it wasn't like a dead voice either. “No. That is not our companion’s voice, not even in reanimation.” Something told Jack that another Glaceon was on this mountain as well. “Whatever it is, it isn’t ours and it isn’t our problem, Raver. There is probably numerous Ice-types wandering here.” Venge was right. Since he was on this mountain there's been nothing but ice types and none of them was friendly. Even with the virus just spreading from pokemon to pokemon. The Pikachu decided to listen in on the wailing. From what it sounded, it was calling a different name that he doesn't even know. "Doesn't sound like a name I'm familiar with nor is it trying to call for us. Not much we can do for them either way sadly." Jack said.

With them following the blood trail, it seemed it was leading them straight to where a trap could be, but it hooked away off into the mountain's thick trees. The way Jack felt, it was as if it was kind of a sign of danger. It was now quiet, to quiet for their liking. The tension of any possible fight was now at its high point. Finn clutched his twig tightly as his heart was beginning to pound from the eerie feeling. Crikey, this isn't anything I'm used to. Those wankers are close by. I can feel it. This wasn't just a regular feeling he has normally. It was a sense of something sinister was watching them. Making sure they didn't stray from their gaze. The Alpha then seen Maka and went on to where they'd ambush them. Everything was set and all that was left was for the trap to be sprung.

Jack then seen the end of the snow line that was on the mountain. "Finally, I think this mountain's done enough to me.....Keep your guard up. Something's amiss here." The sounds of several paws running in the snow had him up in caution. The dead breaths that was once living was moving at them at an alarming rate. Then when the thought of them moving away was happening a quick shift to what would be in front of them happened and the Alpha and his undead pack had appeared and the two of them was Maka's parents who was still sentient enough to resist the orders. "You will go no further Maka. Eluded us this far and it seems the rich boy is amongst you. You all will make lovely additions to my undead pack." The pack started moving closer as they was now face to face with the group. Finn grew tired of this and was ready to fight. "Alright, lets bloody go you wankers!" The Braixen was fired up for some action. Jack on the other hand was looking for weaknesses in their movements that could suggest some strong hits to immobilize them. The seven of the ten was quite easy as their not as smart, but the Alpha was a different story. "I got their weak points figured. All of them are basically easy to figure, but the Alpha and the other two, They're a different story." It was battle time and Jack fully charged up his electricity for this. If it came to this; it will be him, Ark and Maka taking the alpha on while the others deal with the pack.

OoC)) The Alpha's attacks are Shadow Ball, Bite, Dark Pulse, and sucker punch. His color code is DC143C. Feel free to have him ridicule your characters as a way to show how cocky he is.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:13 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 16 405Luxray
    Mountainside | Dawn | 60

The walk felt super long, very quiet and to be quite honest a little unnerving. He didn't listen on the wailing of the Glaceon, no, his focus was on the potential ambush ahead. His ears were perked up like radar dishes listening for every little detail which.. aside from the wailing there was almost nothing. The blood trail lead into the forest off the beaten path and even here Ark noted the lack of usual noise that would be within such a place. He felt as if they were being watched and Ark looked up, then to his left and right to make note of that which is around.

The Alpha, a larger Mightyena came out from hiding along with the surviving members of his pack. "You will go no further Maka. Eluded us this far and it seems the rich boy is amongst you. You all will make lovely additions to my undead pack."

Arkturus growled rather angrily at the beast and his cronies "We will not be joining any pack, you like all other undead are a waste of space." Arkturus snips out, his fur bristling with electricity. Ark begins to charge up a Thunder move. His body crackled with electricity " "You will join, or you will die. It is quite simple." Ark laughed at him "Really? Really? The best you got? Come on! Bring it on and we shall see the living win this day!"

OOC: No attacks just yet from me!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:17 am