Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+13
Dandelion
Requiem
Min
Krajin
Alakazam
Moon Moon
Fern
Duma
Scizor
Danielfightscats
Crepuscular
Kaze
renegade
17 posters

(ACE) The FROST Team

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 25 Empty Re: (ACE) The FROST Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:01 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 25 Char_Mightyena
    Dendemille Mansion|Dawn
    61|36

Drake takes is over to where it was away from the forested area. Mainly as far away from the trees that creeped him out. Once he got to the patch of dirt that was close to the fence, he set the rotten food down and started digging into the dirt. One thing though on his mind as he was digging was finding a way to get the greenhouse door unlocked. He knew it needed a key that was old fashioned but it was always placed in a certain spot that he couldn't reach. As he made it to six inches deep in depth, he took a bit of a breath that nearly made him puke. The stench really was awful. It likely rotted from the lack of electricity for several days or the weeks that gone by as he stayed away from any populated areas or high density areas that other pokemon would gather to.

Maka could clearly see she's looking for her sibling. So far he hasn't seen any other meowths around other than her and her brother. Maybe they've been tricked? Who's to say but he does know of one bird pokemon that is quite a trickster. Even before the virus came around, the one bird pokemon had tricked him into a false ground that was supposed to be filled with prey but instead it was empty. "I haven't seen any other meowths around. I'm sorry if its not much help. Was you both tricked to climbing up the mountain?" If it was that trickster, then if he sees him again, there would be an angry mightyena and two angry meowths wanting to teach it a lesson.

Soon he reached a foot's depth of digging. It would have to go at least near two feet in depth to cover the smell and buried in the soil. Drake stepped away for a minute to catch his breath away from the rotten food. "Hey Kolven, can you freeze it a bit so I can dig a foot deeper?  I'm not sure if I am able to do this if that smell keeps getting to me." Though if one more foot was done then he would never have to smell it again.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:01 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 25 RGvjGOO
    Dendemille Mansion || Dawn
    Clover 91 || Kolven 71

Nestling her head back against her shoulders the cat huffed and sighed as she pushed the old memories away. Even in her delirious state she knew her siblings would never come back, and the haunting images that followed her offered no comfort. Shuffling her shoulders the cat found it almost ironic how could she vividly remember their faces, and the different hues of their pelts, but the events of the last week were a vague fog. "I haven't seen any other Meowths around. I'm sorry if it's not much help. Were you both tricked to climbing up the mountain?" Tricked...? How long had it been since they entered this godsforsaken place? Her paws had long since lost feeling and her memories of green and warm places felt so very far away. Over the mountain. That was the goal, the plan. But why...?

”Sup guys! How goes it!” An overly loud voice brushed her good ear. The human had returned to them, she presence still otherworldly strange to the cat. With her restored awareness it hit Clover how strange it was to see a human in this of all places, but her mind was still focused on the prior question and could not ponder the idea. "I... can not remember... Someone told us she.. came this way..?" Had she already left?

Following after Drake with a hearty trot the cat was silent on their short journey. His usual whimsy and musings were internal only, his thoughts trying to focus more on the crisp morning breeze. As they reached their destination and Drake began to dig he volunteered for another task. "I'll keep watch." He meowed firmly as he leaped onto the fence. He hadn't heard, seen, or smelled anything dangerous, but it was better safe than sorry. As he observed the quiet landscape the Meowth couldn't help but wonder what it was like living in such a place. Was it desolate and lonely, or peaceful and relaxing? With other beings bustling around was it a lovely atmosphere versus the busy city he grew up in? He nearly asked Drake, his curiosity peaked, but he didn't want to break the Charmeleon's focus just yet.

Scanning the horizon and listening to the breeze the tom cat almost forgot himself as Drake climbed out from his hole. He huffed, clearly working himself as the crater grew deeper. "Hey Kolven, can you freeze it a bit more so I can dig a foot deeper?  I'm not sure if I am able to do this if that smell keeps getting to me." Curling his tail tighter Kolven could see his icy encasing had started to melt. Was it from Drake's natural heat or flame, or perhaps the sun as it rose higher in the sky? He had not really noticed the smell, or more accurately had not been bothered by it enough to acknowledge it. Living in an alleyway filled with trash and dumpsters made one get used to the smell of rotten food, and this small pile hardly constituted a real stench. Regardless, the cat knew it had a strong smell, and hopping down neatly on all four paws he purred, "Of course."

Drawing in the crisp dawn air he pursed his lips and reformed the icy sheet in a new, thicker layer. Rotating the ice ball carefully with dark paws he made sure to hit all sides, and blew until his lungs started to burn. "There we are." He huffed, smirking proudly at his new handiwork. "This one's bound to last longer." Pacing a semicircle around the hole the cat felt a little bad that he was not helping, but his soft paws were not designed for digging through such hard ground. As he leaped back on to the fence he wondered, would he have learned or practiced digging through such hard soil if he had grown up here? His silly questioned burned, and this time he could not stop himself from asking, "Are the mountains a lonely place?"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 pm

((Skip. Helping a friend out unexpectedly and won’t have free time before I need to sleep.))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:17 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 25 Merge

Dendemille Mansion|Dawn
    109|76

Jack was figuring out something in his head. Like some sort of strategy to this situation, the pikachu looked at the many possibilities that may occur. They could raid the Pokemart for food but it would require everyone to do their part and only engage if needed. Being unsure of Finn though since he already shown his rage towards undead. This being the only shot they have though if Drake hasn't a clue if the greenhouse is safe to use. Guessing that if he was to ask the charmeleon, it would be worth a shot but right now he might be doing something.

Finn scratched his head wondering what Jack is wanting to do? "Crickey, he's in deep thought. What are you thinking about?" The Braixen asked as he was now curious of what Jack is thinking.

Jack continued to think a bit more. "Oh, trying to figure out how we're going to do this. I mean, we could raid a Pokemart but I'm not sure if everyone would agree and not sure if Drake is able to let us use the greenhouse." He then looks at Rae. What could she do to help them out? guess he could ask her. "Hey Rae, do you think you could help out if we need a human's touch."
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:51 am

[quote="Krajin"]
    (ACE) The FROST Team - Page 25 Cc0H2Cl

Dendemille Mansion | 88 | Dawn

Arkturus was sitting, watching the others as they went down to the special place to dig a hole and bury the rotting food. Yeah it stank something nasty and to be quite honest as soon as the food left the smell followed with it. He hoped they buried it far enough down that the smell would not attract anything nasty. His ears twitched with one flicking to the side as a door creaked open and Rae stepping into the room. "Oh I can only hope! Sup guys! How goes it?" Was the question asked.

Ark would respond "Gross. Rotten food. We're down on food and supplies right now. We're looking into the possibilities of growing it. You guys just stick berries in the ground and out pops a tree over time. Right?" His gaze didn't leave the two out at the hole. Occasionally scanning the sky and the area around the duo. "Otherwise we're going to need to risk the Pokemarts or the city for food. We also need to look into making sure you are fed to. I don't think you'd like to snack on the Block or on certain berries. I know some don't exactly.. agree.. with some Humans."
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:04 pm

Dendemille Mansion|Dawn
    62|37

Drake waited as Kolven freezed the rotten food up. "This one's bound to last longer." Phew, now he wouldn't have to smell the rot that was coming from the spoiled food. "Thanks, now to get this hole finished up." The Charmeleon then started digging again. How long has it been since this all began? Has is time nothing more than a fleeting moment for them all? Nothing would give them answers but there has to be a end to this in some point. There had to be an end. Drake then started thinking about his master and his parents as well. Was they safe? Where they could be is beyond him but there was a way to know even if it meant using the bird pokemon. "Are the mountains a lonely place?" Huh, what? Oh Kolven was asking Drake a question. In all honesty it has been pretty lonely even before the undead appeared.

Maka didn't ask anymore questions to Clover. Not that he thought was going to bother her but because he didn't have anymore to ask. So instead, he lays down next to Rae to show her his leg was feeling better. Though he did feel a bit of swelling still in it, it wasn't as bad as it was the other day.

Drake then answers Kolven's question. "It gets a bit lonely, especially during the summer. Every now and then we get a few people parking near the mansion to hike up it. Mountain climbers though, They tend to go straight to the mountain instead of starting at the base. Sorry, nobody really asks that question to often. Now, its just so lonely that its kinda creepy since 'They' showed up." He was referring to the undead and hopefully he took it as the other undead and not Clover. After all Clover was different from them. Like those one stories he heard of a ghost searching for something before they moved on to the afterlife. Not long after that Drake hits the two feet mark. It was deep enough. He climbed out and started pushing the frozen rotten food into the hole. It went in with a solid thunk onto the soil. "Phew, Thanks Kolven, Alright, time to cover this up and head inside. Maybe Jack and the others are awake by now. Drake started pushing the dirt back into the hole with it beginning to cover the rotten food.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:36 pm

Clover 92 || Kolven 72

"It gets a bit lonely, especially during the summer. Every now and then we get a few people parking near the mansion to hike up it. Mountain climbers though, they tend to go straight into the mountain instead of starting at the base." Curling his tail thoughtfully the cat tried to reason why that would be. Did they come for the snow? Different strokes for different blokes. After the past couple days he could live without ever seeing snow again in his life. "Sorry, nobody really asks that question too often. Now, its just so lonely its kinda creepy, since 'they' showed up." That he understood. While his memories of the initial fallout were certainly skewed the sudden exodus of people was not something he would soon forget. "I getcha there." He meowed, scratching lightly behind one of his ears. "I'd never seen streets so empty like they were when these things arrived."

But he didn't want to talk about undead; this was about an age long past. "I come from a city that never sleeps. People were always so busy, rushing around without a care for the things around them. We didn't have endless scenery like this anywhere, not that people would bother to look at it." Sure, there were parks and grassy spots, but nothing came close to the sights he had seen during their travels. "We'd get a lot of tourists in the summer, but the locals always seemed to disappear, like they were sick of their own bustling world. Maybe your people went to the same place as them." Maybe that's were they fled to, an endless vacation far from the reaches of this hopeless world.. Somehow, he knew it to be false, but the cat forced himself to hold onto that flickering hope.

Despite his rambling Drake finished their task, and with a deep enough hole created huffed, "Phew, Thanks Kolven, Alright, time to cover this up and head inside. Maybe Jack and the others are awake by now. Tilting his head to the sky Kolven let the cold morning breeze brush his whiskers as he looked at the rising sun. Its rays offered no warmth, and the quality of light was poor as well. It would be yet another cold day. "Gods I hope so. I don't want to learn who's a morning person and who isn't."

The canine laid down, his gaze growing distant and his attention fading from the molly. It mattered not to her; without his rambling she could become lost within her own thoughts. Arsi. Why were her memories so far away? Hadn't she seen her in... Fuchsia? Did I..? Her head pounded with a headache as the cat desperately searched for answers, but they never came and her frustration crept through her pelt like ants. Flexing her jaw the cat started to click, the rapid sounds meaning nothing as she searched her mind for her sister. She must be here. If she wasn't.. why had they come here?
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:13 am

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 25 JFcT7wC
    Dendemille Mansion | Dawn | (52)

Rae held up a hand close to her chest, twirling her glow stick necklace along her fingertips in an intricate and repetitive pattern her mind had just created. The light had long faded from the object, leaving it as little more than a blue piece of plastic but still an item of immense sentimental value to the girl, who stubbornly refused to let it go despite the impracticality of such a thing in the epidemic.

"Gross. Rotten food. We're down on food and supplies right now. We're looking into the possibilities of growing it. You guys just stick berries in the ground and out pops a tree over time. Right?"

Rae looked at the Luxray, puzzled, and briefly pausing the motions in her fingers. “That’s a rrreeaaally simplified way of saying it, I guess,” she laughed. “There’s also daily maintenance the plants will require. Some species take only a short time to bear fruits or berries, while some could take way longer.”

The Luxray continued. "Otherwise we're going to need to risk the Pokemarts or the city for food. We also need to look into making sure you are fed to. I don't think you'd like to snack on the Block or on certain berries. I know some don't exactly.. agree.. with some Humans."

“Pokémart runs aren’t my favorite thing in the world but I do have a way of sneaking in and out undetected,” she boasted. “So we’ll be okay either way, I think. I do like the idea of some good ol’ fashioned gardening though, I would most certainly be willing to do my share of the work.”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon May 03, 2021 2:17 pm

OoC)Skip, Jack is in deep thought and Finn is waiting for Jack's decision.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu May 20, 2021 3:18 pm

Dendemille Mansion|Dawn
    63|38

The air was cold and Drake knew that meant, snow and plenty of it not to mention that the air had a moist feeling to it as well. "Gods I hope so. I don't want to learn who's a morning person and who isn't." Now that Kolven mentioned it, Drake didn't want to know either. However the feeling in the air said one thing, winter weather is coming and likely its going to be a big one. Though one thing that got Drake interested is that the snow has always given him hope. He considered it a gift from the fairy types to calm the feeling of unease and bring those closer together just like the Mountains.

Maka still wondered about the undead Meowth, how was her soul still holding strong in her decaying body? A mystery that would be only solvable by the alpha of the great pack. He hasn't talked about the great pack and its alpha but maybe if there was time and nobody was doing anything special, he would talk to them about it. Giving a little lore what he learned in his pack. "Great Alpha, help her find the answers she seeks." The Mightyena said quietly as he hoped Clover would learn something more about her missing sibling.

The Charmeleon looked at Kolven and then said. "Looks like we could see snow here after all. Lets go back inside before it starts." Taking one last look at the mountains, it had been a long time since anyone has been on it. What could have happened to make everyone leave? Not even his master could have told him anything which made it more concerning. Also the butler, Henry, was missing as well. Was he the last one to evacutate and all the bodies laying outside, they was all burnt to the point it was beyond recognition. The Charmeleon then just shrugged before walking with Kolven back into the mansion. "Hey Kolven, what was it like where you're from? You know, before all this happened. Was there many people from all over taking pictures and such? Drake asked.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue May 25, 2021 4:10 pm

Clover 93 || Kolven 73

With a final few taps of the disturbed earth the fire type seemed satisfied with a job now done. Leaping down from the fence one last time the cat nodded with approval, and though his amber eyes remained ever calm his ears were primed for any disturbances. The area had remained quiet, settling any worries he had built as they began their walk back toward the kitchen. Though he wasn't on guard the Meowth remained aware of his surroundings as they moved, listening to the crunching of their steps and crackling of Drake's flame. Were others listening to these soft sounds? Such a lonely place, it was hard to imagine anything peaceful living within these mountains.  

"Hey Kolven, what was it like where you're from? You know, before all this happened. Were there many people from all over taking pictures and such?" Drake asked earnestly, his mind still on Kolven's earlier inquiry. Tossing his head one way then the other the cat mulled over the question. "Saffron's a big city, probably the most developed in the region. There were tons of people all the time, and tourists constantly take pictures of the silliest things, especially food for some reason. Made them easy to spot among other tells." Though he had seen very little of this mountain town Kolven tried to imagine it filled with life, and how it differed from where he grew up. "There were a lot of restaurants and theaters, tourists liked to flock to those the most. The streets were always crowded. The nights were bright like the day with all the lights, and humans moved in droves. Heh, we did have a couple of small parks that only the locals used. They weren't quiet per-say, but the flocks didn't bother with them."

It was such an odd thing to think of. Humans were such bizarre creatures, their habits making little sense when he boiled them down. The Pokemon that lived among those streets had to learn to be crafty and use skills not meant for the deep wilds. Had he been damaged by his upbringing? Nostalgia tingled along with his memories, and he truly hoped not.

The dog seemed to lose interest in her, going quiet and drooping its head away. She felt nothing, no thoughts or feelings as she stared blankly in its direction. The hustle of the house was starting to pick up, with steps coming from multiple parties and the warmth of their bodies touching the chilled room. Life was returning to the house and the knowledge crept through her pelt like fire ants. Shuffling her way to her paws the cat found herself yearning. The chill in her bones remained, dampening her sensation and thoughts, but something called her forward and forced her to search. The canine was not it, nor was the Pikachu who stood still as though it was were an object.

The hum of voices whistled in her good ear as she hobbled to the kitchen. Two were there discussing things she did not acknowledge, and the room itself gave off little of interest. Odd scents swirled about the room, vaguely familiar and enticing all the same. Sitting with her mouth hanging open the brush of a scent against her soft palate sparked through her mind with recognition. "Kolven," she breathed, the word heavy on her exhale as her dull ruby eye scanned the room and realized he was not here.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat May 29, 2021 7:50 am

((Skip. Someone decided to rear end me while driving home from work.))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:51 pm

OoC)Skip again. Jack remains deep in thought and Finn just sits and does nothing.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:48 pm

Dendemille Mansion | 89 | Dawn

“That’s a rrreeaaally simplified way of saying it, I guess,” she laughed. “There’s also daily maintenance the plants will require. Some species take only a short time to bear fruits or berries, while some could take way longer.”

Arkturus nodded at that and seemed quite happy with the reply, ideas formulating in his head as he listened to her continue on.

“Pokémart runs aren’t my favorite thing in the world but I do have a way of sneaking in and out undetected,” she boasted. “So we’ll be okay either way, I think. I do like the idea of some good ol’ fashioned gardening though, I would most certainly be willing to do my share of the work.”[/quote]

A big grin flashed across his face and his big, round ears perked up fully in agreement and excitement! "Gardening would be fun! Something more than just the dead around. I'd be happy to dig a few holes, help water and do what we can to keep the berries growing. Though, what foods will we need for you?" He'd ask. Now curious. "Chocolate doesn't grow on trees, nor does cereal. Maybe grain? Corn? Something?"

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:58 am

Dendemille Mansion|Dawn
    64|39

While walking back to the door to the mansion, Drake listened to what Kolven was saying and this maybe got him some insight on what Kanto is like. "Saffron's a big city, probably the most developed in the region. There were tons of people all the time, and tourists constantly take pictures of the silliest things, especially food for some reason. Made them easy to spot among other tells." Why food of all things? That would just be the weirdest thing to even take pictures of and honestly, Drake would have guessed normally tourists would take pictures of landmarks or famous buildings. "There were a lot of restaurants and theaters, tourists liked to flock to those the most. The streets were always crowded. The nights were bright like the day with all the lights, and humans moved in droves. Heh, we did have a couple of small parks that only the locals used. They weren't quiet per-say, but the flocks didn't bother with them." That was pretty interesting to hear from what Kolven told Drake. The only major tourist town in Kalos was Lumiose and that city was as bright as what he could say Saffron. Lumiose was always an active city, no night was without the lights shining on the tower in the center. Drake wished he could tell Kolven of Lumiose but he has no stories of that place nor has he visited it.

Maka turned his attention to Rae as he got up and walked over to her without limping. Pain was still somewhat there but not as bad as it was yesterday. "I wish there was something we can do for her. She searches for a lost sibling that none of us has seen. The other one isn't here as well as the charmeleon who called himself Drake. Think they went outside to ask the spirits?" Questionable but it was a thought that counted. "Gardening would be fun! Something more than just the dead around. I'd be happy to dig a few holes, help water and do what we can to keep the berries growing. Though, what foods will we need for you?" Maka's ears perked up after hearing Ark say that. Berries are nice to have but what does a human need berries for other than healing their pokemon. Could humans eat the berries as well? This got him curious as it is.

Drake opens the door and lets Kolven go in first. "That's quite interesting to hear what its like in Saffron. Though I don't understand why humans would take pictures of food. It's just very weird to me to think that's what tourists would do. Maybe a chef would but tourists? Just very strange. Now to see what Jack is planning or what they'll be doing today as far as making the mansion safer. Mostly though, getting the power generator back up and running since it relies on electric types to power it like the smaller dedenne that powers it but since the outbreak had done its toll, none have been around to keep the generator powered. "Maybe Jack and Ark could get the power going again. If I remember, it can hold its charge for at least two days alone from what Henry, our butler said on its own."
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:10 pm

Clover 94 || Kolven 74

The cold was starting to sink into his paws. Compared to the last two days it was minor, just a chill giving an unpleasant tingle, but it was enough that the cat acknowledged they shouldn't linger outside any longer. Though no snow had fallen yet the cat couldn't help but shake out his fur before heading inside. Something familiar, perhaps, or just a way to take the chill off as he fluffed up his fur. Drake opened the door, a polite gesture to which he responded with a nod as he padded inside. The air still had a faint putrid smell, but it was clearly fading away and would be gone before long.

Ark had remained in the room, and received a nod as well from the smaller feline. "Maybe Jack and Ark could get the power going again. If I remember right, it can hold its charge for at least two days on its own from what Henry, our butler, said." A generator? While he wasn't the most versed Pokemon in the inner workings of one Kolven knew the basics. "I doubt it'd have any charge left at this point but if it can still hold one we could take turns powering the thing back up to full." He mused, though truthfully he was just reiterating and agreeing with what Drake said. What would power really do for them, he wondered. Light up the house? I have good night vision, most of us do. TV, cable, alarms? Theres no network. The kitchen equipment..? Its not like we have any food.

He wasn't like to complain, lights would still be a welcome treat if they could get them running, but his last thought stuck out to him. While his appetite had been crumpled by the smell of rot he was still hungry and willing to eat. As one of the smallest Pokemon in the group he burned more energy and had less fat to spare and keep him warm. After burying the wasted food Kolven could only assume there was nothing safe left in the home, as Drake would have eaten it by now. "I'd rather try to get food covered than power though." They had a lot of mouths and some wounds, while light would be a comfort food would be an asset. He gave a small sigh, relief trickling through his body. At least Clover is covered. Given the chance she would never stop eating, but she gorged during the Mightyena battle and would hopefully be sated for a little while..

Just thinking about her made his paws itch, and walking to the edge of the kitchen he peaked out the door for a glance at his sister. He spotted her hobbling about the room in a familiar stance. Head low, tail stiff, good ear moving, the feline was in the zone. Was she hunting something, a noise or smell? It was almost worrisome; if she got overstimulated there could be trouble. But the cat kept his calm, and let out a soothing meow into the room. Immediately the molly stood to attention, her head snapping back before her body as she trotted in his direction. A similar tone came from her maw, her blank gaze locked on him as stopped about a foot away. "Sleep well?" He asked her, warmth filling his mew. The distant feline stared, her mind connecting dots and thoughts rather than trying to answer the immediate question. "Where now?" She asks, but the tom does not answer as he nuzzles her good cheek.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:02 pm

Dendemille Mansion | Dawn | (53)

"Gardening would be fun! Something more than just the dead around. I'd be happy to dig a few holes, help water and do what we can to keep the berries growing. Though, what foods will we need for you?"

Rae smiled warmly at the lion. It was crazy how tense things were just a night ago and now they were discussing gardening.
    "Chocolate doesn't grow on trees, nor does cereal. Maybe grain? Corn? Something?"

Racer slapped her own face in loud, gleeful laughter. A single tear rolled down her cheek before she finally found the composure to clear her throat and explain herself: “Sorry, sorry! It’s just that, you were soooooo accurate! If I could live off of chocolate— I would!” She stifled her laughter and wiped her eyes. “I can eat most anything except meats— berries and other vegetables will do fine. I could probably also scavenge other things to supplement them. Like chocolate.” She winked, once more twirling her glow stick between her fingertips.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:07 am

Dendemille Mansion|Dawn
    110|77

Jack had finally decided on something. They needed supplies and they needed food. They had enough food for this morning and that was it. Looking through their rations, Jack had given everyone a choice of what they want. He wasn't picky on what he liked. Though if he had to pick, it was the red one he liked the best. The sweet taste of cheri berries had always made Jack happy. Not that chocolate wasn't bad but he would try it with the cheri berry if he had the chance. It sounded really much of a good idea. The food though would need to be cooked by a human or Drake. That's if Drake could cook that is.

Finn looked over to Jack seeing the blocks all lined up with it being take only one and that's it. The Braixen had no idea what he wanted but he picked the blue pokeblock to eat. Taking one bite and he felt  a little happier than he did. "That was good. I think I'll take my time with this mate." After that he went over to sit on the floor next to the coffee table. Each bite was smaller than usual and Jack wondered what's up with that. Finn just looked and a simple shrug before saying something. "Just savoring it mate. Curiosity getting you?" That was about it from him. No other explaining was going to happen. Yet Finn had the feeling that today will be different somehow.

The Pikachu had to say something to them all on his decision. It might not be the best idea to go back out there but they at least need to get supplies. "Guess this would come without saying that we may need to go back out there and get supplies. I mean yeah, this place would have everything but likely we need to gather things still. Once Drake and Kolven joins us, we'll discuss the plans." Jack said as he waited for everyone else to grab their choice of pokeblock. He would need to know if there's farmlands around, Pokemarts and Pokemon centers. Though he would also have to consider the terrain if its sloped or not. It can all make a difference in battle.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:59 am

Dendemille Mansion | 90 | Dawn

“Sorry, sorry! It’s just that, you were soooooo accurate! If I could live off of chocolate— I would!” Ark had seen the results of a Human who tried to live of Chocolate, they were... very large! He wondered in part if these people survived the end times or not.
    “I can eat almost anything except meats— berries and other vegetables will do fine. I could probably also scavenge other things to supplement them. Like chocolate.” She winked, once more twirling her glow stick between her fingertips.[/quote]

"Why can you not eat meat?" The question seemed obvious in its own way but Ark was a predator too and ate meat. Even fake meat if it was around and he could get it. Though the white bricks that he occasionally stole from his trainer were... not tasty by any means and were either hard and tasteless or weird and mushy and still tasteless or slightly salty. (Tofu).
    "Guess this would come without saying that we may need to go back out there and get supplies. I mean yeah, this place would have everything but likely we need to gather things still. Once Drake and Kolven joins us, we'll discuss the plans."
    "We should become self-sufficient though yes? If we go outside to gather we should have a plan, a route. Or multiple routes. Start out close and work our ways outwards in a circle. Sound good?"
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:05 am

Dendemille Mansion|Dawn
    65|40

Drake nods to Kolven on his thought. He is right though, food is more important right now. They need to eat or else things may fall apart quicker than expected. Once inside thought Drake locked the back door up so that nothing could try to get in. Not long after that, he went to the other room that was full of grills and stoves. Thinking back, he missed the good days when the cooks had worked on new kinds of cosines. Even then, he knew pride itself wouldn't bring anything back. This was their reality now and they had to make the best of what they have. After walking out of the cooking area, he went into the hall towards the guns and trophy room. Just a quick peek inside and everything seemed in order. Nothing was missing which was good. Though they was never decommissioned because of their use could be needed. Pehaps Rae could use one or two of them. Ammo though was well kept under lock and key. Once he was done looking though, he walked back towards the others from the other side of the stairwell.

Maka looked at the remaining pokeblocks. He was very curious why they look like that. It didn't matter though since it was their only food for the morning. The Mightyena opened his maw to grab one of them with it and walk away from the other blocks. The covering on the pokeblock came off with a tug and it was a yellow one. This might be a new experience for him.

Drake then comes out from the other side of the stairs. "Hey guys, everyone's awake so I'm guessing its already breakfast time." The clicking of his claws on the floor was a normal for him. Each second though in his mind, it was how he wants to word the lack of food in the mansion. Looking on the floor, there was only a very few choices of pokeblocks. Drake just took one and not look at the one he took. He then sits on the ground next to the chair. Though there was a coffee table and a chair, the floor was still pretty nice with its clean look. One could say they could see their reflection from it which Drake new that was a metaphor but still it made him laugh a bit.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:44 pm

Clover 95 || Kolven 75

Giving Clover another nuzzle he gently directed her toward the rest of the group. The molly didn't need any persuasion, as the voices and breath of the other Pokemon were enough to draw her attention into the other room. While he was hardly out of the room to begin with, Kolven had enough time to grab some pokeblock for himself and make it back to the group just as Jack finished his short announcement. Tapping out a few oddly colored squares Kolven wondered what exactly he had been given. It was a miracle such food survived so long, and while he doubted it held much flavor he would not pass up the chance to eat when there was enough to share.

As he crunched into it, the pieces quickly dissolving in his mouth, he had a moment of hesitation. Should they be saving this food? Even if it was all they had it proved it could last compared to anything they may bring in. Yet as everyone started to eat with little hesitation he thought otherwise, and knew that having strength now to collect more as a group would hopefully prove more useful. Nudging one cube toward Clover he chuffed, encouraging her to eat the morsel. She looked at it with a thousand yard stare, the foreign item meaning nothing to her as she reached down to give it a curious sniff. While the smell was vaguely familiar it was by no means nostalgic, and as it meant nothing to the cat did not prompt her to eat it. She stared longer, trying to understand, and in a feral behavior gave it another sniff before lapping it into her mouth. Whatever thoughts had sparked in her brain died back, the subtle flavor of the pokeblock tasting like ash and offering her nothing as she continued to stare with an empty gaze, unsated.

"We should become self-sufficient though yes? If we go outside to gather we should have a plan, a route. Or multiple routes. Start out close and work our ways outwards in a circle. Sound good?" Kolven held his tongue. Do you plan to stay here long term? Aside from Drake, what reason did the others have to stay long enough to become self-sufficient? The company was one thing, but the location left a lot to be desired. He shifted his amber gaze to Clover then back. We have to continue our search. Still.. that didn't mean the others couldn't settle down, and who was he to tell them otherwise.
    Drake had moved toward a chair, though he didn't sit in it. He wondered, was it a force of habit? "How's the town, Drake? Lot of vagrants, visitors, unsavory wanderers?" He had already agreed that they needed food, but heading straight into further trouble was not high on his priority list. Recalling the dull beams of light that were reaching upward when he was outside he knew they would be in for another cold day. "Its early, but daylight hours are bit shorter up here. We should make the most of them."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:57 am

Dendemille Mansion | Dawn | (54)

"Why can you not eat meat?"

Briefly, it crossed Rae’s mind to lie. An allergy? Maybe a tiny fib that vegetarianism helps her keep fit and able to survive?
    Oh, to hell with it. It wouldn’t be the first time someone poked fun at her decisions.

“I don’t like the idea of something having to die to sustain me,” she said meekly. “Pokémon are friends, not food for this girl!” She jabbed her thumb into her chest to emphasize the last two words.
    Ever since the sheer brutality of slaughter ruined her ignorant bliss, Rae resolved to never touch it or support it again.
    “I’ve been this way since I was a kid,” she explained. “Can’t tell ya how many times I’ve gone hungry because I won’t eat another’s flesh.”

"Guess this would come without saying that we may need to go back out there and get supplies. I mean yeah, this place would have everything but likely we need to gather things still. Once Drake and Kolven joins us, we'll discuss the plans." Jack’s voice filled the room, ceasing idly chatter as he addressed everyone.

Ark responded first. "We should become self-sufficient though yes? If we go outside to gather we should have a plan, a route. Or multiple routes. Start out close and work our ways outwards in a circle. Sound good?"

Rae raised her hand awkwardly, clearing her throat. “I agree. Especially with the multiple routes, the last thing we want is to be chased by enemies and get lost or lead them home.”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:19 pm

Dendemille Mansion|Dawn
    111|78

Everyone started to input their suggestions in and there was good ideas from both Rae and Ark. ”We should become self-sufficient though yes? If we go outside to gather we should have a plan, a route. Or multiple routes. Start out close and work our ways outwards in a circle. Sound good?” True, it would sound like something they should do but they would still inevitably have to hit both the Pokemart and Pokemon Center for medical supplies as well. Even a mansion like this could still need more medicine. Maybe Drake would have to explore the basement that he took Rae and Maka in. ”Its early, but daylight hours are bit shorter up here. We should make the most of them.” That was also true since it did get dark early. The air around them did feel a bit chilly from the weather itself. Not just from the mountains but the fact that it could be a constant pattern. “I agree. Especially with the multiple routes, the last thing we want is to be chased by enemies and get lost or lead them home.” All of them excellent suggestions and likely they don’t need to lead the undead to this place. Jack could tell that if the undead learned of this place then they would be forced out of it and find a new place. Not only that, the weather wasn’t very cooperative as it was.

Finn heard the suggestions but it didn’t have any plans to have someone lead the undead away if in the event that it did eventually come to that. “You know that if them drongos did follow us, one of us should try to get them to chase them for a while. I’m only saying this in case mates. Maybe I’m harsh on words pointing the undead but I don’t count her as one of them anymore.” The Braixen said referring to Clover being one of them and not the undead. She did prove herself during that fight against the mangy undead mightyena so it was only fair to treat her as an ally instead of an enemy. “I know some of you still despise me but I don’t want you all thinking I’m some drongo that is only looking for a fight.”

Jack looked at Finn and he did take his suggestion in consideration should that eventually does become the case. He hoped not but if it does, he can easily outrun the undead and lose them. ”Fast pokemon would likely be us electric types since we can use our electric moves to boost our running speed or send a bolt of lightning crashing onto our enemies. Hopefully it never becomes the case that we would have to do that but if it does me or Ark can simply make quick movements. The pIkachu didn’t mind making himself a distraction since after all, he is skilled in combat and is quite gifted at that. However even he can’t estimate the number of undead that could potentially chase them. If its a very small horde, they can easily be dispatched but if its a medium to large horde then its better to run than to fight. Jack made up his mind. ”I think Drake can tell us the conditions of our routes and towns. He’s been here longer than any of us combined, well I think Finn might be as well but I rather have Drake tell us since this is his territory after all. But yeah, I would have to go with Ark on starting out close then go further little by little. We don’t want to rush into the larger towns as of yet.” The Pikachu suggested.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:19 am

Dendemille Mansion | 91 | Dawn

“I don’t like the idea of something having to die to sustain me,” she said meekly. “Pokémon are friends, not food for this girl!” Is she a Vegan? Or Vegetarian like some others were? Well thinking on that Ark had a bright idea! "So we get you bags of rice? Maybe some vegetables with it to grow?"

”Fast pokemon would likely be us electric types since we can use our electric moves to boost our running speed or send a bolt of lightning crashing onto our enemies. Hopefully it never becomes the case that we would have to do that but if it does me or Ark can simply make quick movements." Ark listened to Jack speak up after Finn voiced his side of things.

"We can move quick though I am.. more fighter than runner. My advantage is I can see through most things easily. Hence the Gleam eyes." Arkturus flashed a big grin at that. Yeah he liked that perk of being a Luxray. "We need to be careful though as we go about our business. Both Finn and Drake can tell us about these places from different perspectives. We should start looking at figuring out what we need to. Main supplies, then back up stuff to. Not get complacent either as that will be our downfall."
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:38 am

Dendemille Mansion|Dawn
    66|41

As Drake eats the pokeblock, he heard Kolven pretty well on what he said. ”How's the town, Drake? Lot of vagrants, visitors, unsavory wanderers?” Not so much vagrants as most would avoid Dendemille itself in its condition. Still, they would have to wonder into Lumiose City for the better food and recipes if any had survived the destruction of the districts. “We need to be careful though as we go about our business. Both Finn and Drake can tell us about these places from different perspectives. We should start looking at figuring out what we need to. Main supplies, then back up stuff to. Not get complacent either as that will be our downfall.” Having his perspective would be better since Finn might not have visited some areas. Still though, he could confirm stuff if Finn has been there. The Charmeleon takes a couple bites out of his pokeblock and got up to stretch a bit. They did plan to go back out so that means as soon as they could, get the generator back up and running but at the same time making sure they have enough for everyone and to include any extras for any survivors traveling on if they happen to find anyone still alive.

Maka eats his and it tasted actually good. With each bite, he felt as if love was put into this. He had to find the human who came up with this thing and ask for more. However wasn’t the time. The talk of going back out there was pretty much a given fact. They couldn’t go without food forever not to mention that they have Rae with them. ”There was something I did hear from my father long ago. He said that when plants are near water and the snow melts from the mountain, it makes a stream for berries to grow. But he also said that it goes through a human home down the path towards the small human den. Though it didn’t run through the mansion, it did in fact run through farmlands which could have seeds and berries.

Drake listened to Maka on that and he is right on where it runs through during the warmer seasons. ”The snow melt that goes into the stream, that goes to the farmlands just down the road before reaching Dendemille. The roads though, its kind of rough and not the best since it hasn’t been maintained since this mess began. If anything there has been a landslide recently before I scaled the mountain. So yeah, if we have to head down to Dendemille and Lumiose, we would have to go through that and likely anything we fight will me a bit more tougher. After saying that, he did have to say a few things though in Dendemille itself. ”Dendemille isn’t really much but if anything we encounter in Dendemille, it’ll be just the unsavory wanderers. Thieves though, never seen any down there even before everything happened. Hard to say for sure but there was some fires down there so I don’t know the condition it is in now.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:40 pm