Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+13
Dandelion
Requiem
Min
Krajin
Alakazam
Moon Moon
Fern
Duma
Scizor
Danielfightscats
Crepuscular
Kaze
renegade
17 posters

(ACE) The FROST Team

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 14 Empty Re: (ACE) The FROST Team

Post by Dandelion Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:25 am

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 14 RGvjGOO
    Outside Frost Cavern || Dawn
    Clover 53 || Kolven 30

There was a slight pause, then a motion in the trees that the cat recognized. “Yeah, it’s me, Kolven.” A puff of relief gasped from his maw, a smile finally appearing on his face as she started to jog her way over to them. "Thank goodness," he breathed, meeting her halfway. “Is there anything I can do to help?” She asked, ready to offer what help she could despite having just tended to business. What a trooper.
    But that help probably wouldn't be what Rae expected, as several of them including Kolven picked up on paw steps. He stiffened, listening intensely, but the undead at his side was not interested in some faint noise. Her claws slide out and she churned up the snow at her feet impatiently, a noise that was just loud enough to prevent Kolven from hearing. He grumbled in annoyance, and shouldered her gently to stop, but conversation quickly overtook the quiet and the sound was lost.

"Someone approaches over there." Ark summed it up simply, and as Clover started to growl the tom took action. Rounding the female so he was between her and the sound Kolven hushed her. Breathing with his mouth open, he tasted for anything unusual, but only the metallic tinge of blood touched his palate. "I can only smell blood," he murmured, nudging the female back as she continued to try to go past him. Of course, that didn't mean it wasn't an undead, but for now he couldn't draw any conclusions.

Drake asked if Rae had other Pokemon out and another possibility was opened. Venge was by the human's side, like Kolven remembered, but had she summoned another of her team? I never saw. Maybe? Another step of crunches, and Clover was trying to pad off into the trees. She was persistent, digging her paws deep in the snow and tugging against her brother's hold as he roughly shouldered her back. Why did he stop her? "We need to move," Kolven warned them, though that should have been clear to everyone. "Something's not right about this place."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:05 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 14 JFcT7wC
    Outside Frost Cavern | Dawn | (14)

As pleasant as reuniting was with the group was, that comfort wasn’t meant to last very long. The entirety of the Pokémon standing in the harsh wintry landscape were suddenly on high alert, picking up on something the human’s ears couldn’t quite catch. Dread balled up in her chest-- There were so many possibilities at this point, she was unsure what to address first. What should be addressed at all?

"Do you got anything useful in case we do run into the mightyena?"
    Rae popped back into reality rather than playing fifteen scenarios through her mind a minute. She grabbed at her backpack in haste rather than reason, which would come a second later when she realized she didn’t have a gun or the knowledge to use it. She loosened her grip on her backpack and fidgeted with Venge’s collar with the newly freed hand. “I don’t have a gun,” she responded, “but I have knives and my Pokémon are easily more potent than a firearm.” Well, when she could command them with a clear mind. Losing a partner tended to disorient you a bit…

"Someone approaches over there."
    The Luxray’s voice -- no, his words -- shot a chill down the girl’s spine, which was saying something for a native Snowpointer. She followed his eyes to a shape hidden under the dense shading provided by the thicket of trees. It was pressed to the snow on it’s belly, which was a very Vendetta thing to do-- but calling out to it would end in trouble if that wasn’t her hound-- With a pack of Mightyena wandering, they were prey in these godforsaken parts.
    "What is that? I can't really see well with the trees making cover. Hopefully they aren't hostile, but if they are then I'll give them a little poison to make them regret it." The Charmeleon spitting Toxic on her… at best, she’d have serious scarring… at worst, she’d be a puddle in the snow…

“Wait!” She barked in a hushed whisper, keeping her eyes locked on the shape. The silhouette shifted every so subtly. “Please don’t.”
    "Rae, is your other partner close by? I would feel bad if we attacked without knowing." The girl nodded ‘yes’ to Drake, straining to catch something identifying about the creature. “My Houndoom is scouting, it may be her. If I call her, she’ll come back but-- the mightyena…”

The warm fur beside Rae’s legs disappeared as Venge trudged through the thick snow. Right at the creature. “If it’s a Mightyena, I’ll kill it and catch up.”
    Venge stalked, as predatory as the creature watching her, until she was sufficiently close to slap a mound of snow onto it’s body.

“Bitch.”

The hound rose from the snowbank, glaring accusingly at her fellow Dark-. “Come on. No more playing king of the jungle.”
    “No, that's what you do to satisfy your sadism kink.” Vendetta snapped back at the Absol with a huff.
    The dog strode alongside Venge to Rae’s side, making no eye contact with anyone in particular.
    “Sorry, Raver,” Vendetta said. “I didn’t know who they were.” The girl patted the pup’s head. It wasn’t Vendetta’s fault. Living with Raver for their rougher years could make the kindest soul a cynical mess of distrust and overcaution. Well… except Rae’s herself.
    “You’re fine. I need your ears up though.”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:58 am

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 14 Merge
    Outside Frost Cavern|Dawn
    65|32

With the sounds of movement coming from two different directions, it was hard to concentrate on the one that needs their primary focus. Rae's response was at least enough to know that she doesn't have a firearm. “I don’t have a gun,” Long range wasn't in her interest, but what she said next had made it at least more of what kind of person she was in combat. “but I have knives and my Pokémon are easily more potent than a firearm.” So stabbing is more of her suit. Plus with her other pokemon it would be more easy to take down anything that gets in their way. Jack listened around some more, not picking up anything other than the two sources. Something didn't feel right. There was no way that the mightyena pack could of left some strays behind. That was until Ark spotted soemthing. "Someone approaches over there." Jack snaps his head to where Ark was looking towards. With no indication of any visual of what it was, the Pikachu waited to see what could be hiding.

The frigid air had whipped around lightly making it feel like death was watching and waiting to see what it can claim either side's fall. "What is that? I can't really see well with the trees making cover. Hopefully they aren't hostile, but if they are then I'll give them a little poison to make them regret it." Something caught Drake's eye as well and from the sound of it, he was going to attack if it came to that. The Pikachu had to quickly say something before an accident happened. “Wait!” Rae said in a hushed voice. “Please don’t.” This could get bad if he spit that toxic at the silhouette. "Wait Drake, I can hear something breathing." Luckily he can hear it barely, but the other sounds though. The wailing of an undead not to far could attract the mightyena any second and it could be bad. "Rae, is your other partner close by? I would feel bad if we attacked without knowing." That at least made things a bit more calmer with the charmeleon. Finn snorted with dissatisfaction as if he's wanting Drake to do something that he can get back at him. That bloke keeps catching himself before he does something. Mark my words Drake I'll find some way of getting back at you. Seemingly that Finn still wasn't letting go of his grudge against Drake.

Rae's voice had concern and with it abnormally quiet, other than what Jack could hear, she had every right to be concerned. “My Houndoom is scouting, it may be her. If I call her, she’ll come back but-- the mightyena…” Jack listened in to other areas that could be a potential hiding spot for an ambush. The sound of multiple footsteps crunching into the snow had made it likely that they aren't alone out there now. “If it’s a Mightyena, I’ll kill it and catch up.” Just like that Venge had stalked away out of sight. There was more movement going on that Jack could hear. Damn, sounds like its right in the path we need to go. Hopefully Ark can get a good eye on their positions. Venge came back with a houndoom of all pokemon. “Sorry, Raver,” Must be a friend of Rae's then, so it was safe to assume that they're friendly. “I didn’t know who they were.” The electric mouse nodded to the houndoom as if trying to say hello. “You’re fine. I need your ears up though.” An extra set of ears would actually make it easier to listen to where ambush points would be.

Jack finally said something that would catch everyone's attention. "I've caught some sounds that looks like its further downhill. I don't know if its just a stray mightyena or if its some of the pack trying to make an ambush." The fire fox couldn't disagree with that statement. So far its been eerily quiet and it was making it rather unsettling. "I don't like this mates, they might be playing with us." Normally undead just comes to anyplace they can find food. Unless they was not horribly rotted and can still think. "Could they have used something as bait? If that's the case then we're in for a rough time." Jack couldn't overlook that one. Was his trainer and Rae's missing pokemon just bait to spring a set up? "Damn it, Finn could be right. My trainer could be one or Rae's missing pokemon would of done it." Now they'd have to be ready to fight if things turned ugly.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:17 am

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 14 Latest?cb=20130624195313
    Outside Frost Cavern | Dawn | 46

"Undead are not as cunning as you may think and the stench of rot.. can be picked up far and wide. Especially in the snow. However... with that one." He inclines his head towards the undead that was with them. "Might be difficult to discern which is what. Snow crunches under foot, but also dampens sound if someone knows how to disperse their foot print enough." He adds. The Luxray had a bad feeling about this and the idea of the living dead hunting them with cunning didn't settle well with him. The ones he had encountered often weren't bright, driven mad with hunger and rot as their brains were eaten by whatever it was that infected them. At least that is as how he understood it. The luxray crouched low and began to stalk forward slowly "A trap is only a trap if you are unaware of it." He carefully smeared snow on his form, rolling around on his sides and burying his face a little into it. The snow mixing with his black fur and helping him blend in. It didn't help much with his blue but.. the sky is blue and if he didn't present a silhouette on the crest of the hill they were travelling down, it'd be easier to avoid being spotted.

Thankful that Rae's pokemon was the one who was seen earlier, he could relax on not being flanked.. for now. He looked to them "Bunch up, keep close as a group. Naturally we move as fast as our slowest member. So if we do encounter them.. it could very well end in a fight. Be on your guard, brush up on snow in your fur. It'll help you blend in and break up your outlines, keep low to the ground. Includes the human." He would advise. That is all he could do for many of these folks, if they listened, they would listen and do. If not? Well.. that was their choice and it was nothing he could do about it. The Luxray flexed his claws, his forelegs and then began to slowly and carefully stalk forward. Keeping his slender, sleek form down low to the ground. Their path was ahead and the Mightyena were going to be waiting. He sniffed the air, his ears tuned for the breathing or.. lack there of.. of the Fallen ones.. the sounds of bones creaking and snow being crushed under foot. Maybe they lacked that strong muscle control and so wouldn't be able to sneak easily.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:35 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 14 KD1elOF

Drake had been concerned with the eerie levels of how quiet it was. Something wasn't right about this and Kolven was the first to mention it. There could be undead hiding nearby. With the amount of trees in the area, that possibility was more likely.  “My Houndoom is scouting, it may be her. If I call her, she’ll come back but-- the mightyena…” Oh yeah, Drake forgot about the Houndoom that Rae sent out. The toxic that Drake had in his throat had went back down so that way he didn't waste an attack on something that wasn't a foe. The Charmeleon walked towards Rae a little closer knowing that he doesn't want to make himself feel bad. “If it’s a Mightyena, I’ll kill it and catch up.” Venge had went on ahead to find whatever Jack heard. Was it a wise idea to such a thing alone? Regardless, Venge knew what she was doing. Guessing with the experience she has, it would be more simple for her to take an undead out with a single attack.

OoC)) Will expand tomorrow.

Last edited by ShadowCharizard on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:50 pm

Clover 54 || Kolven 31

Clover yowled, the allure of fresh blood somewhere off in the trees too great to ignore. "Clover hush," Kolven said firmly, his body blocking too practiced for her to skirt past in the snow. His ears were tall, firm and focused on the sound of whatever was nearby them. Clover stood stiffly, her dull gaze blank. She did not understand, what did it matter when there was food? It must of, somehow, as her brother would not answer her yowls.

Kolven took a step forward, his ears closing in on a pinpoint location for their unknown adversary. He took a deep breath in, ready to support Drake with a Thunderbolt, only to have Raver call out for them to hold. It was her Pokemon out there? A relieved sigh whooshed through his teeth. "Thank the legends," he mumbled faintly on his breath, ears falling back to their normal positions. Of course. Why wouldn't she have her Pokemon out when in dangerous territory? They were rightfully all on edge, but why hadn't that been the first possibility?
    His shoulder's relaxed as a living pair came back to them instead of a lone Pokemon, but Kolven was not at ease. He could feel every fiber of his sister stiffen bitterly, her darkened pelt puffing up beneath its cover. Right.. dogs. The pack was one thing, but this Houndoom was their new companion and he could not afford a slip up on her part. "Relax," he whispered directly into her ear. "That's your friend, your ally. Be nice." A string of saliva dripped from one of her fangs, but it froze before it could make it out of her mouth. With an unsatisfied huff Clover turned around and started to pad a couple steps back the way they came.

Kolven frowned, but it was the best result he could have hoped for- nothing. Still... unease continued to prickle its way through his pelt, the feeling never diminishing. These small victories could not distract from the fact they were very literally not out of the woods yet. The supposed Mightyena were somewhere, though they didn't know which direction, and the 'behind enemy lines' sensation was not a pleasant one. Jack said he could hear something back down the hill. Were the dogs behind them still? However, when the tom listened in he could not pick it up the sound and unease turned to fear.

Had he just missed it? Were they moving? Did Jack hear it at all or was hysteria starting to set in? He had no reason to doubt the mouse, but Finn quickly hopped on broad with panicking and Kolven could feel his own heart beating faster. Looking around for anything, or anyone, they may have missed Kolven swallowed back a lump in his throat. Had they really wandered into a trap, or could they still make a large arc around the pack? Stay calm, he told himself as Ark laid out a battle plan, but that was easier said than done.

Staring down at the snow around his paws the tom clenched his teeth. Really? The tactic made sense, it wasn't bad or anything, but logistically... We'll all freeze. It was cold enough without extra snow weighing them down or cooling their muscles, with it their speed would be severely impacted by chill. Taking a deep breath in the cat ignored his better judgement and scooped up a few pawfuls to smear into the fabrics he had coated himself in. The cold was repelled for now, but the weight was immediately noticeable as he started to dot his sister with the white flakes. They stuck to her without much issue, her naturally cold form attracting the bits like a frozen tree branch. She didn't even protest, her baleful red eye watching hesitantly.
    "We can't stay like this forever," he warned Ark firmly once they were both coated with as much as he dared to do. Once they flanked the pack they would need to warm back up, or cold exhaustion would put them right back where they started.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:25 am

Outside Frost Cavern | Dawn | (15)

The thick, infinite blankets of snow covering the landscape drew in most far-off sounds and muted them. The strange effect snow had in heaps like this gave the woods an otherworldly, dystopian feel. It was unnatural to those who had dwelled in snow covered environments prior to the outbreak. No crudely made snowmen, no children throwing snowballs, no birds singing while even the sun seemed to chill you. Even this place would’ve had signs of life, but now it was a cold wasteland where the only sounds filling the bitter air were voices hushed and tinged with alarm, then the occasional snap of what must’ve been a fallen branch with something’s weight on it, and other sounds only discernible to Rae’s Pokémon companions.

Whatever was out there, be it the Mightyena or something else, their group was prey wandering unfamiliar territory. Brute strength was great and resolved most issues but it meant far less when a pack of undead whose species were notorious for cunning and relentless hunting were loose and had home court advantage.
    "I've caught some sounds that looks like its further downhill. I don't know if its just a stray mightyena or if its some of the pack trying to make an ambush." Jack said. He and Finn went back and forth on the suggestion of the undead using a decoy. It wasn't out of the question, which made the idea evermore unpleasant. Let some poor bait Pokémon (or human, who knows) to die in an icy hell or risk everything for a stranger? Sadism at it’s finest…

"Damn it, Finn could be right. My trainer could be one or Rae's missing pokemon would of done it." The Trainer froze. Not in literal terms. In ‘how did Jack know about that,’ terms.
    “Our partner died and reanimated,” Venge cut in. “Hindquarters immobile. She’s capable of making sound though. If these mutts are sentient, it’s possible they may drag her nearby for bait if your hunch is right.” Rae’s hand flew to her mouth in horror. The little ice fox that reminded her so much of home… used like a bucket of scrap meat in a ring of starving dogs.

"A trap is only a trap if you are unaware of it." Arkturus stated. The feline dropped into the sheet of snow, rolling until countless crystals obscured his black pelt. "Bunch up, keep close as a group. Naturally we move as fast as our slowest member. So if we do encounter them.. it could very well end in a fight. Be on your guard, brush up on snow in your fur. It'll help you blend in and break up your outlines, keep low to the ground. Includes the human."
    Vendetta flattened into the snow and wriggled until she too was lined with off white snow, while Venge abstained for obvious reasons. Instead, she turned her attention to the human caking snow to her black clothes. “Rae, you’re gonna get frostbite,” she argued. The girl shrugged. “It’s practical though,” Rae sighed as a chill shot across her skin. “Might I suggest the physically smaller Pokémon move closer to the center of the group? They’re at risk for being carted off near the edges.” Rae retrieved her combat knife and held it at her side, pushing to the back of her mind how awful her clothes felt now that snow clung to them. ”Venge, by my side. ‘Detta, opposite side of the group. Bodies low, ears high.” Strategically, Vendetta fared better with both physical and special attacks. Meanwhile Venge could use backup as a strict physical attacker. Rae crouched, as did her two Pokémon.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:17 am

66|33

With the suggestion that a possible ambush could happen, Ark had made it sound like there isn't. As much as Jack could see his side, the possibility is that it could be a distraction to throw them off. Though Rae's pokemon was with her again Jack couldn't shake off the sense of a threat further on. "Bunch up, keep close as a group. Naturally we move as fast as our slowest member. So if we do encounter them.. it could very well end in a fight. Be on your guard, brush up on snow in your fur. It'll help you blend in and break up your outlines, keep low to the ground. Includes the human." What about scent? The undead can play off that and if they can get a lock on that then it'll be hard to lose them. then again the snow could serve as a way to confuse the sense of smell, but how effective would it be? Jack rolled onto the snow and tried to blend in. However, as short his fur is it didn't work to well. “Our partner died and reanimated,” That would explain the sounds he was hearing from where Rae came from. “Hindquarters immobile. She’s capable of making sound though. If these mutts are sentient, it’s possible they may drag her nearby for bait if your hunch is right.” Finn however, refused to roll into the snow. Drake wouldn't because his tail would melt off the snow quickly. Hopefully they know what they're doing otherwise it would be a disaster if they didn't.

Seeing Clover and Kolven doing the same thing, it maybe a plan, but Kolven did have a point. "We can't stay like this forever," Jack had to agree with this. The cold would interfere with their fighting once it gets to them from long exposure to a freezing substance. “Rae, you’re gonna get frostbite,” Jack turned his head seeing Rae doing the same thing. This threw Jack's mind into some questions, but since living on Mt. Silver, this was  a normal to him since his trainer did the same thing. This threw the pikachu into a flashback. The trainer had jumped into the snow just outside of the lodge building testing a pair of goggles that was able to keep snow from sticking to it. This in turn had made Jack tear up a bit. Even remembering the past had given him pain. It was until Rae's voice snapped his attention back to reality. ”Venge, by my side. ‘Detta, opposite side of the group. Bodies low, ears high.” Though Jack had a sorrowful voice again, he was able to muster up enough of his strength to make it sound nearly close to being as if its not sorrow that's being heard. "Everyone, we need to listen closely to our surroundings. They could be lurking anywhere and if they are as what Venge has said, they could be intelligent enough to play us."

Finn finally had enough guts to say it out loud which would make Jack angry again. "You finally agree with me for once mate. Guess you finally broke your habits of protecting that undead meowth. She's not one of us." Well there goes Jack's mood. The pikachu clutched his tiny fists again and he was getting more closer to punching Finn right there and now. "Don't you fucking dare say that about Clover or assume that I broke my habits. What do you even know of them?! Finn, you really are a lowly fool." Keeping his voice low enough to not be heard from the immediate group. Ouch, he really did hit back. Though Jack was right on listening to their surroundings, Finn decided to keep his mouth shut again. The Electric type will deal with him later, but right now it wasn't the time to fight amongst themselves. A sudden noise that Jack picked up made him whip his head to where Rae came from. "You guys did say she was unable to move from that spot right? I can hear something dragging her in the snow I can't tell where to though." Finn decided to speak up again trying to apologize for wha the said. "Sorry Jack, I didn't mean anything what I said earlier. I was just wanting to fight the mightyena so badly mate." The electric type gave him an angry look as if it was telling him to shut up. The Braixen piped down and kept quiet so Jack can listen in to what's going on. I got a feeling he's going to punch me this time. Not only that, the meowths won't even bother looking at me. The fire type didn't have anywhere else to go so he stayed with them, but looking at Drake who was grinning toothily at him as if he was going to mess with him more.

Jack finally spoke up, but he did have a punishment in line for Finn. "Its fine, but don't think you're cool with me. I'm still plenty pissed off at you for lying and not telling me what happened yesterday. So you better realize I won't let you off the hook easily." There goes the guilt trip system. Looks like Jack is going to really lean in or even smack him for what he has done and said. For now though they need to focus on getting off this mountain alive.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:55 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 14 250px-405Luxray

Outside Frost Cavern | Dawn | 47

His advice stuck and some folks even liked it,m Arkturus liked that and it made him feel a little warm, fuzzy even on the inside. As they all talked he paid attention to the threats ahead and around them, taking the lead with tiny Jack on his back if he so chose to get back on there, it was a veritable Master-Blaster scene. Why didn't they end the Pokemon that died and reanimated? Rather than immobilising it? That'd be a hell of a cruel way to go.. but when Ark thought about it, they couldn't of done it easily considering that the poor thing was still at some level a member of their team.

He shook his head and began to lead ahead a little as everyone seemed to be ready to go. Every footfall was carefully calculated in his mind as he prowled ahead with the group. Keeping up with the slowest member was going to be the toughest part as it forced the Luxray to shorten his steps and slow down. It was.. uncomfortable at times as he wasn't getting the full charge from movement, instead getting the partial. They were nearing the base, he could SEE it! But something caught his attention, sound, noise.. coming from their right. His big ears twitched and he crouched lower, looking in that direction. "We have company." He said, his words quiet but ringing with a tone of confidence to them. He knew Jack had the best hearing out of the two of them and if Mightyena were coming.. he could confirm.

"If they are ambushing us.. we all turn outwards.. most vulnerable in the middle. Present offence, no exposed flanks so keep it a tight circle." He said. Luxray were pack pokemon, well.. prides? To some degree anyway they ran like that. This was more instinctual for him now.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Seeing what Ark did may have not bolded to well with him since the snow would just melt off. “Our partner died and reanimated,” Guess that would mean they found her undead. What was said next sounded like remorse instead of ending its suffering. “Hindquarters immobile. She’s capable of making sound though. If these mutts are sentient, it’s possible they may drag her nearby for bait if your hunch is right.” There was a catch to it and if what is said is true then they'll have to be ready. Kolven had said something that was true. "We can't stay like this forever," With all that snow on them, the coldness of the snow will eventually start affecting. A plan might be needed if they get to cold. Some fire would work if he needs to warm them up.

Drake turns hid head seeing Rae putting snow on herself as well. Seeing her do that reminded him of his days back when he played outside in the snow. “Rae, you’re gonna get frostbite,” The charmeleon laughed at the comment as he remembered his human's mother said the same thing to them. He just hoped they came back home to stay this time. ”Venge, by my side. ‘Detta, opposite side of the group. Bodies low, ears high.” Rae's voice broke him out of memory lane and back to reality. His eyes was looking around for anything that isn't part of the group. Jack had spoken up like a leader should. Drake had more respect for Jack since meeting him. Luckily, he wasn't going to pick a fight with a pikachu that wasn't going to back down on what he would do. "Everyone, we need to listen closely to our surroundings. They could be lurking anywhere and if they are as what Venge has said, they could be intelligent enough to play us." Of course Finn had to open his mouth and piss Jack off. It was a bad move on his part as it only lead to being hit back on him. The Charmeleon eyed Finn as if he was going to pick at Finn for sure now. That truth will come out of the braixen. "We have company." Well guess its time to get ready to fight. Hopefully his moves would be able to protect him and the others. "If they are ambushing us.. we all turn outwards.. most vulnerable in the middle. Present offence, no exposed flanks so keep it a tight circle." Guess Jack isn't the only one with strategies.

Drake kept his eyes opened for anything suspicious or tracks that would lead them to a possible confrontation with the undead. "Clover, Kolven. You both ready? If you need to warm up I can provide warmth with my tail flame." With his supportive words, he would see to it that nobody freezes out here. However, he had some uneasy feelings if the mightyena decide to flank them to close off any escape path. The Fire type looked up to Rae with a ready face and nods to her then to Jack and Ark with the same nod. "No turning back now, hopefully we can get to a lesser altitude so that we can warm up without the cold wind." To some degree, he felt that his protect would work wonders for the others if they can somehow use it as a one way barrier. There was only one way to find out and that moment would be right when they need to fight off the undead Mightyena.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:28 am

((Skip. They've moved to the center of the group and are listening intently.))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:23 am

((Skip me too. Raebae and her Pokémon are moving quietly and watching around them.))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:48 pm

67|34

The pikachu continued to listen in to other sounds and with the sounds of multiple pawsteps, it sounded like they was being followed. Talk about poorly made tactics. The mightyena behind us seems to be having trouble still. Maybe we can get the jump on those lying in wait. At least that was the ones behind them, but the ones ahead seemed to have stayed dead quiet except for the dragging sounds that ceased further up. "We have company." Sounds like Ark had detected evidence of them. What when through Jack's mind next was either anger or pure rage. Could the mightyena been responsible for his trainer's death? It wasn't sure on the cause, but Jack was going to finish the job that Dal, Yuri and himself had started against the mightyena. "If they are ambushing us.. we all turn outwards.. most vulnerable in the middle. Present offence, no exposed flanks so keep it a tight circle." Jack's eyes and ears listening in to anything that is of any solid movements.

Finn was watching and waiting for anything to come jumping at them, but at the same time keeping himself from doing something that would piss Jack off even further. He's already been through enough and Finn shouldn't try to make it worse for himself or everyone around him. In a quiet voice, the Braixen had said his concerns in a sense to show that they should try to find an easier way down instead of walking along the path downwards. "I'm concerned mates, wouldn't they be waiting for us blokes to come down the path instead of climbing down?" The pikachu knew that climbing down would make it more dangerous of falling to their deaths from falling off, especially if there was any airborne undead that would attack them right off the edge. The electric type quickly shook his head no in response to Finn's question. If they let the undead unchecked along the path they would follow them and once more have to fight them. "Ark, I hear one behind that snow drift. We'll have to take it out silently so that way it doesn't alert the others to our location." Stealth was the best way to lessen the ambush attempt, but hopefully Ark would agree to such an attempt to eliminate their foes.

OoC)) Short Post
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:10 am

Mountainside | Dawn | 48

"Ark, I hear one behind that snow drift. We'll have to take it out silently so that way it doesn't alert the others to our location."
    He could agree with that easily enough. Stealth was their best option but the question was to them now.. who? He looked at their group, the Pokemon trainer with them had a good variety with her of folks but was she interested in risking it? Wouldn't know if you didn't ask! "Raver, which of yours would be best suited to taking out the Mightyena?" He'd ask her. His voice was quiet, low but overall curious. He COULD try and take out the Mightyena himself but he wasn't the best at close quarters combat. "If so, there's one just over that way." He inclines his head towards the direction Jack pointed out. "Need them taken out silently."

((Short post is short)
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:19 am

OoC)) Skip, Drake is remaining silent as he could.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Clover 55 || Kolven 32

Kolven took in a deep breath and let the cold air sting his lungs. Okay, so things had just progressively deteriorated. Rae's Pokemon had fared far worse than he dared imagine, and the possibility of running into it as bait made his stomach crawl. What if we have to put it down? To do so in front of her trainer.. could their hearts forsake their claws? Would it be kinder, or just a slaughter of something defenseless? His quivering ears wanted desperately to fall back and ignore the bickering between the Charmeleon and Pikachu, a true waste of their energy and breath in this situation, but the looming threat forced them to stay erect. Sure, tension was palpable, but that wasn't an excuse to distract everyone.

And that distraction couldn't have been more poorly timed. "We have company." Those three simple words were enough to stop any foolishness. Clover's constant low growl grew more fervent, her tail trashing and spraying thin flakes of snow, yet she did not more from the spot. All voices fell to whispers but even without that the cat could hear it. His breathing was silenced, and the slight, soft, rhythmic crunch of paws in snow was enough to reignite his freezing pelt from beneath the snow pack. Something was here. Something was close.
    "If they are ambushing us.. we all turn outwards.. most vulnerable in the middle. Present offense, no exposed flanks so keep it a tight circle." Kolven didn't utter a word, he knew it had to be done and was prepared to fight. With a small backstep and nudge form his flank he ushered Clover toward the center of their circle. She hobbled without protest, and shook the snow free from her pelt. The male knew she could fight somewhat, and probably wouldn't be the prime target, but that was no reason for him to take chances. If the others disagreed with his action.. well, that was a discussion for another time.

Repositioning himself for attack Kolven took a deep breath in and shook the snow from his own fur. It was weighing him down worse than the junk he had gathered, a choice he was heavily cursing. Should he drop it all now? The electric Pokemon listened intensely, and quickly concluded that it was only one possible Mightyena that had approached them. Just one? Had it gotten separated? Was it a scout? Was it also baiting them? Ark wanted it eliminated quickly, and sought Rae's Pokemon to do so. I could do that. His claws were fast and sharp, and could easily rip out the throat of a dead dog his he really tried. But, with a longing glance back at his sister, Kolven held his tongue on volunteering. Even now his big sister had some sense to her, and he couldn't treat that predator any different.

But that sense was not always a welcome thing. The female's eye was wide and staring far into the trees at some distant point. Her jaws parted, teeth glistening for a moment with saliva for the cold took it away. "They.. come.." She breathed so quietly it could have been a mistake, but Kolven did not miss the sound. They were not alone in these woods, nor were they welcome.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:18 am

Outside Frost Cavern | Dawn | (16)

Over the years, Raver had been subjected to being hunted numerous times. More often than not, the situation was a thrill to the girl and her abundance of confidence in her heat of the moment thinking almost never let her get too stressed.

She kept playing those scenarios in her mind, hoping for that egotistical calmness to return but in the back of her mind, she was pessimistically certain this would go horribly wrong rather than in their favor. "Raver, which of yours would be best suited to taking out the Mightyena? If so, there's one just over that way." Arkturus gestured to a snow drift with a motion of his head. "Need them taken out silently."

For the sake of a quick, clean and quiet kill, a physical attacker would be most proficient. Ayla was practically a thief in the night, but her coat stood out like nobody's business in this setting. “Venge,” Raver responded to the lion, then turned her sight to the attentive Absol. “Can you do it?”
    “Yeah.”

Every sense was telling her no, this was a terrible idea. Venge was a capable creature and deserved her credit but if this went wrong… I might as well have killed you myself…
    Rae bit back the doubt one last time and spoke softly and got to the point. “Venge, sneak up on it and take off it’s head however you can. Don’t give it a chance to react.”

The comforting presence of her companion disappeared and was replaced with anxiety. Venge was a natural killer, the polar opposite of her Trainer and snow was her terrain of choice. It was clear as the creature stalked through the snow like a big cat looming towards prey, camouflaging well enough against the off white ground.
    If she couldn't see the mutt, it likely could not see her, so her approach was direct, taking only time to stack Swords Dances rather than weave around in a game of cat and mouse.
    Once Venge was almost in range to attack, Rae knelt down, eyes never leaving the progressing Venge, and clutched a heaping handful of snow. Her heart thudded loudly in her ears and seemingly worse than ever, she felt every single pin and needle from the snow caked on her clothes.

The snow in her hands was formed into a tightly packed sphere, albeit a lopsided one, which she launched far behind the snow drift. The moment it soared beyond Venge and landed with a soft crunch of snow is when the Absol leapt over the drift. By the highest point in her jump, claws had extended from her paws. Long, purple claws with a transparent and ghostly, or maybe demonic, quality to them. She came down onto the Mightyena’s back as it investigated the snowball and those nightmarish claws sliced cleanly through the canine’s neck.

It’s severed head hit the snow a second before Venge’s weight forced it’s body down, painting the snow directly in front of it’s stump neck dark red with the blood spraying from where it’s head just sat.

The Absol wasted no time retreating to her group. If the act bothered the creature, she was a goddess at hiding it. She didn't even seem to take notice of her victim’s blood clinging to her fringe.

“It’s dead.”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:12 pm

68|35

With the mightyena within hearing distance for Jack, it was safe to assume they was now in the beedrill's nest. With the sounds of growling still some distance away, the pikachu felt that this maybe this might be the only way to go and not without a fight. Damn, looks like we're not given much of a choice in the matter, but at least we can thin the herd to reduce their numbers for an easier fight. Ark had then asked Rae the question. "Raver, which of yours would be best suited to taking out the Mightyena? If so, there's one just over that way." Seems Ark does agree with the stealth approach. The Pikachu knew Ark was the type to agree with a strategy. "Need them taken out silently." That was the plan at least, but it was up to whoever that can pull off a silent take down.

Rae had then volunteered her most stealthy of pokemon to do it. “Venge,” Of course, the Absol was quite capable of doing it. They do know how to keep silent on any approach and strike at the right time. “Can you do it?” A response came as soon as Rae asked. “Yeah.” And just like that Venge had waited for Rae's instructions. Seeing that Venge was able to use the snow to her advantage, it should make this a breeze for them to eliminate one of the threats. “Venge, sneak up on it and take off it’s head however you can. Don’t give it a chance to react.” And just like that Venge had vanished like so. Even Jack couldn't see the absol anywhere. Only the sounds that she was making was his only guess, but when he looked over to his left, Rae was clutching the snow. Is she fearing something awful could happen to Venge? I just hope though that it doesn't. She'll come back Rae, I'm sure of it. Each step that Jack hears was seemingly low enough for him to hear, but it would harder for anyone else. Eventually two sudden scrunches of snow had happened. Did Venge take out the threat? Footsteps was being heard coming back. Like so Venge had returned without a single wound on her. “It’s dead.” That's one threat taken care of, but seems like Clover might have picked up something as well that might be of a concern. "They.. come.." Jack whipped his head to the right hearing footsteps other than their own. Clover was right, there was something out there.

The electric type listened closely to each footstep. It sounded like something was running from something. He couldn't tell if the sounds was from the undead or if its the Piloswine coming through. "We'll have to watch every direction. I hear something else, but its hard to make out other than by footsteps." Finn huffed at the idea that Jack had. He wanted to fight and kill some undead. "Let them come mate, I'll kill each and every one of them blokes." This only made Jack look at Finn in annoyance. How could he be so crazy as to take a whole pack on his own? That was until he had the idea that Finn wanted to kill the undead no matter what was said. "Are you dense Finn? You know as well as I do that it would be foolish to fight them all head on. We wouldn't last if we took them all on at once." Once again Jack was right. The Braixen had stood down from his wreckless thought, but he was thinking of telling Jack straight out to abandon the human and the undead meowth. Consider this mate, do you think the humans came for us when we needed help? No, they left us to die and that undead meowth will only make our situation worse. It was a bitter thought though and knowingly he'll follow through with it after they get somewhere safe. Jack heard another sound this time it was a bit more close by. "Wait, don't move. I hear something moving and it sounds like its running. If its another mightyena, take it out before it has time to call for help." Hopefully it would avoid them entirely and make it easier on them instead of building up more tension.

OoC)) Might plan on having a living Mightyena come in at some point either by next round or the round after.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:17 am

Mountainside | Dawn | 49

He could respect a human who was willing to step in and work for the greater whole, with her team here.. it was better in some ways with the quiet Venge going off to take care of the Undead. “Venge, sneak up on it and take off it’s head however you can. Don’t give it a chance to react.”  He listened intently as the pokemon crept off and dealt the fatal blow to their would be ambusher, The sound of an attack, the swiftness of the skull hitting the snow and the sound of the corpse thudding down was a sort of music to his ears. He could appreciate that, as well as appreciate that the human with them was willing to start pulling some weight, putting herself or her folks on the line for the whole.

Of course.. it didn't make up fully for defending and taking the side of the undead with them because its unlife apparently matters. Either way, when Venge came back he'd nod to them and looked around when Jack and Finn went into their little bickering, up until Jack mentioned something more... "Wait, don't move. I hear something moving and it sounds like its running. If its another mightyena, take it out before it has time to call for help." His ears perked, he listened and looked around, peering through the snow and ground to the best of his ability. Though the ears told allot more, the movement, snow crunching beneath paws, there was breathing that was not laboured or the sound of a hacking throat or creaking bone. "This one is different." He'd perk up. "Going after. Cover yourselves. I will be back."

This one was living, he knew that much and though he was careful to follow as quietly as he could without a sound. He did keep a distance to observe. Least the living one might be helpful, but then since this one was alive it could be a benefit to them. On the other hand.. it could be an ambush he was being lead into. It didn't have any signs of infection though from what he could see.

((OOC: Added for you. All yours now Shadow Razz)
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:14 am

The fire type stayed quiet while the others kept silent as well. Rae then asked Venge to do something. “Venge, sneak up on it and take off it’s head however you can. Don’t give it a chance to react.” Just like that Venge had vanished into the snowy terrain. The silence of what was going on had made it feel like the idea was bad until Jack and Ark had snapped their attention to the sound of something. Did she kill it or was she.... Before he finished it he took a swallow. Drake was a bit nervous, but before he knew it Venge had returned alive and well. “It’s dead.” That was a relief. Now that one undead was down, it would make a little more of a difference in safely getting down the mountain range. Clover however had said something that would alert them. "They.. come.." Did they get spotted already? No, it would of been to late if they was spotted. Not unless there was something else out there.

Jack must heard the sounds as well if the Charmeleon was right. "We'll have to watch every direction. I hear something else, but its hard to make out other than by footsteps." Something else, like another group of undead? So far though everything was going normal for them on their slow descent from the cabin to the base of the mountain. That was until Finn started his protest again. Of course though he would want to do something reckless as usual. "Let them come mate, I'll kill each and every one of them blokes." Did he seriously think his ego is that big? Jack then fired back at Finn for those words. "Are you dense Finn? You know as well as I do that it would be foolish to fight them all head on. We wouldn't last if we took them all on at once." Seemingly Jack knew what he was doing, but Finn had only made more suspicion on himself. Surely they'd have to keep a more sharp eye on Finn from now on. They continued onward until Jack had said something that sounded like a serious issue. "Wait, don't move. I hear something moving and it sounds like its running. If its another mightyena, take it out before it has time to call for help." Crap did they get discovered by one hiding from them? Ark however had said something else of different concern. "This one is different." Different as in not a mindless undead? Perhaps it could be trying to distract them. "Going after. Cover yourselves. I will be back." Since Jack was on top of Ark, Drake assumed that they would deal with it.

The Charmeleon stayed close to the others as a small heater for them to keep warm if they need to warm up. "Odd, what could be important for both Ark and Jack to go investigate something? Hopefully they don't run into any trouble along the way." After walking a few inches ahead he wondered how much further it was until they reached the warmer air of this mountain. It seems that it could take a bit before they even see any grass or less snow on the ground. Drake then fell back into the group and decided to ask Kolven and Clover something. "Do you both know of any place that was fun in Kanto. You know before this happened?" Since they're waiting for both Jack and Ark to come back may as well take a break to get to know each other a little better. Watching the corner of his eye though Finn was pacing back and forth grumbling to himself. What is that fox up to?
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Clover 56 || Kolven 33

The Absol marched off, collected and calm, but neither cat could match her displayed ease. Sure, there was no time to think about it, but they just sent off one of their own, one of Raver's companions, into what could very easily be a trap. Kolven's ears were high as he listened and felt for any nearby presence. Was it really just the one? Were these hounds truly undead and a mindless pack, or were they just infected and still cunning? The tom's thoughts were racing, and even as Clover pressed against him he did not calm. It happened so fast, but felt like a lifetime before, in a matter of moments, the Absol came back to report exactly what they wanted. “It’s dead.”

A breath he didn't know he was holding escaped the cat's lungs. Okay, another crisis averted. His head sank and he felt Clover's teeth lightly touch the very edge of his ear. Kolven growled, shouldering her slightly until she took one pace back. At least if Clover was relaxing that meant-- Suddenly the female stiffened, her head shooting up and eye going wide. Spreading her paws evenly across the snow the undead snapped her head in one direction and let her good ear rotate into place. She had heard something. And, sadly, she was not the only one.

Jack had heard it too, and within a matter of moments the electric pair was charging after the sound. "Going after. Cover yourselves. I will be back." Ark specifically asked them to bunch up, to stay together, but now their biggest and most imposing member was running off. The small cat swallowed hoarsely. For him to do that along with their lead... "Odd, what could be important for both Ark and Jack to go investigate something? Hopefully they don't run into any trouble along the way." Drake didn't seem nearly as intuitive.. "..Could be something familiar," the tom said uneasily. Hopefully.. it's not someone familiar. Given the situation, and the possibility of Rae's Pokemon being bait, Kolven prayed he was wrong.

Their group had dwindled but the tension had not. Clover continued to make half-moan, half-wheeze noises as she stared off after where the pair had left, and Kolven's ears remained tense for even the slightest sound. With his nerves on high alert the tom struggled to ignore the pins and needles the snow pack was starting to give him. His pelt crawled, his muscles tightened, and to say he was on edge was an understatement. "Do you both know of any place that was fun in Kanto. You know before this happened?" Kolven shot a dagger filled glance at the lizard. He may have been an easy-going guy, but did Drake really think now was the appropriate time for such small talk? Clover gave a sharp hiss, and though the action was most likely meaningless the tom wanted to believe she was silencing the other male.

Squaring his shoulders the Meowth stood taller as he tried to perceive areas further away. "I don't know," he hissed dismissively. "I'm trying to hear the pack." He wasn't lying; thinking about pleasantries didn't really work well when trying to listen for your livelihood. Hopefully the others would come back unscathed before anyone found either of them.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:15 am

Outside Frost Cavern | Dawn | (17)

The weight of the entire world was on Rae’s shoulders the moment Venge stalked off; why was it you forgot how much something meant to you until you were faced with potentially losing it? But you came back. Thank God. Her knees were practically freezing as she knelt in the snow to hug her companion but that couldn’t possibly have mattered less. “Raver…”
    The human released her hold on the Disaster Pokémon, making a face as she stood at back her full height. She hadn’t caught the beginning of Finn and Jack’s latest spar but… was a truce during a survival situation too much to ask for?
    The Pika dropped the argument in its entirety, perking in alarm."Wait, don't move. I hear something moving and it sounds like its running. If its another mightyena, take it out before it has time to call for help."

Rae cringed. She had little choice but to send Venge again if-- "This one is different." Arkturus noted. What? How? Her lesser senses were such a disadvantage it was sad… "Going after. Cover yourselves. I will be back."
    … She did little to respond but clench a handful of Venge’s fur.  You get to stay...
    The lion stalked away, silent as the predators in the woods around them. Jack upon his back would’ve been comical and downright adorable in a safer situation but little else mattered now besides survival. And the chilling thought of the worst that kept surfacing in the girl’s mind.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:06 am

OoC)) Skip, Jack is being silent while Finn is grumbling. Might return to this if time warrants tonight.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:56 am

Mountainside | Dawn | 50

He and the Pikachu ran off after this individual, a Mightyena that now Arkturus could see that was not undead. It was alive! No blemishes or other markings that spoke of being sick or ill, or even infected by the virus! Which made Ark happy. "Hey! Slow down!" He'd try and keep his voice low, as to not attract the attention of the other Mightyena undead that were no doubt hunting them. The male slowed down and looked behind, he looked.. young. Very young and a touch on the skinny side. Ark  kept his ears pricked up just in case something tried sneaking up behind them. His tail swished about in the air, gold star flitting about. The young male looked.. worried to say the least, afraid of them even.

Ark crouched low, keeping a low profile as the Mightyena spoke "Shh! Keep quiet.. they might hear you. The monsters are near these parts.." he trailed off. His voice hushed. "They'll get you like they got the others.." He was worried, constantly looking around with those big ears perked up and listening, swivelling about to catch even the faintest of sounds. This kid was on edge like nobody's business. For now they were safe, but if they shouted, spoke to loud or otherwise.. attention would be grabbed.

OOC: Short post, here is the color code for the clean Mightyena. Shadow its up to you! [#FF99FF]
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:34 am

OoC)) Skip, Drake's keeping an eye out for anything that could be moving.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:20 am