Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+5
Requiem
Kaze
Silverishness
Dandelion
renegade
9 posters

(ACE) The DRAGON Team

Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

(ACE) The DRAGON Team - Page 2 Empty Re: (ACE) The DRAGON Team

Post by Starbits Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Blackthorne | Late Afternoon | 5

"Figured that out all on your own did you?”

Wow.  What an obnoxious prick.

I would say you're not as stupid as you look but seeing as you seem to think you being a dragon killer isn't a good enough reason to dislike you I think that praise would be premature."

Wait, what?

The thought flashes through his brain, but despite the grief and the horror he wants to exhibit, he forces his features to take on a confused look instead, quirking an eyebrow.  He’s not completely lying with his reaction, either; how does this bat dragon know?  After all, he doesn’t know me.  Many dragons refer to fairies as “dragon killers.” It’s probably a coincidence.  Either that, or he wants to present the possibility and gauge my reaction.

He wants an excuse to become violent, after all.

I will not give him what he wants.

"You wanted to ask around to find your human right? Are you just assuming that they won't know more than me?"

The dragon shifts, and an odd scraping sound ensues.  Huh.  “This is Dragon Country. No-one's going to give you a warm reception."

“Well yeah, I know that.  That’s why I didn’t want to bother with asking them,” he mumbles.

The dragon then signals the other dragon nearby, and Valentine winces.  Well, one of the others in the group has seen them.  It doesn’t seem very likely that he’ll get away now.

Then again, perhaps this is a good thing, in a way...  If I were to just leave, he might become angry enough to stalk me.  His species is nocturnal; mine is not.  I’d have to sleep sometime, and that’d leave me open to attack.  I could change my sleeping pattern but that would be nearly impossible without the safety of a group around me as I make the adjustment.  So maybe it’s for the best that I join this group.  Or at least, establish myself as someone who doesn’t mean any harm.  Dragons aren’t ruthless monsters.  They are still sentient, capable of feeling empathy.  Hopefully if Noiz starts anything the others will object.

At this point he can only hope.

oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:03 pm

Blackthorne City /\ Late Afternoon /\ 5

The other dragon seemed to ignore him and Noiz snorted derisively. Perhaps he was trying to pretend he hadn't been noticed.

The massive bat dragon walks forwards, out of the cover of the hill. If the unknown dragon wasn't going to answer him he was going to ask louder. Noiz drops heavily onto the hill and draws breath in through his flared nostrils. The ruff of white fur on his neck extends as the delicate organ inside inflates. The velvety skin in his ears hums. He opens his mouth and shouts out a sound of a lower pitch than one would think possible. The soundwaves echo across the area. The noise is so deep it is felt in the bones rather than heard by the ears, a deep rumbling boom of bass that makes the ground shiver. Just listening to it causes an unshakable feeling that gravity is increasing on you, that the deep sound that reverberates in the bones and makes your teeth buzz is somehow capable of crushing you. At louder volumes it would be a Boomburst but for now it is merely a way to get everyone to pay attention. His wings flare out to the sides, the metal pierced through every part of his face gleaming in the light.

"Well, what’s going on here?!" He repeats louder and flares his wings.

The Noivern sneers down at the assembled company.

"’I suppose I should tell you now I’m not an afternoon person.” He angles his wings to block out the sun and cast long dark shadows across the . "So a prompt answer would be appreciated.

With one powerful flap of his light green wings he darts down the hill, landing with a solid thud. His blue claws scrape along the ground as he rears up. His wings unfold, revealing their blood red underside. His golden gaze sweeps over the assembled dragons. What the fuck were they? About all he can recognize was the pink scaled hide of the Dragonair in addition to the Noibat whose squeaking drew him there. From the incoherence of the high pitched noises he was expecting a newly hatched baby but the black-furred bat trailing its scarf looked to be approaching adulthood. It sits with its jaws sunk deep into a Pecha Berry and juice dribbling down its front. He snorts through his flared nostrils as his gaze goes to the decimated bush.

"Been chewing the scenery little one?” He asks the diminutive Sound wave Pokémon with a smug grin.

His ears flick and he looks over the others. In addition to the two he recognized there are two strangely golden serpents, which he can only relate to Dragonair. This was the country for them after all. Maybe they were mutant freaks too. Perfect, he had one fairy, one infantile noibat and a bunch of unfamiliar and bizarre coloured dragons. It would be too much to hope that they could die peacefully and he’d be able to get back to his nap. He would have to make further inquiries about the nature of these new dragons after he had dealt with the most pressing problem.

He turns, flaring his ears and his golden eyes manage to pick up the shape of the Sylveon not too far behind.
    The Fairy was hiding something. He hid all the time and he knew the face of someone trying to give away nothing as if he had seen it in the mirror. Unlike the fairy type however his interest in the others past was aggressive. He would force what the Sylveon was hiding into plain sight. If it was something dangerous he was confident he could turn the other dragons on it in self-defence. An unknown fairy was something too dangerous to let wander around unchecked. It would either be controlled or destroyed.

"Didn’t you have something you wanted to ask?” He clearly addresses the Sylveon, making sure everyone knows someone else is there.
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:35 pm

Blackthorne City|| Late Afternoon||7[5]

"Food times, yes! Tis the night for the foods!" Ami smiled a little as she watched the little bat eat away at his prize. The rumbling sound now that she was able to hear it. "Well, what’s going on here?!" She looks over at the pokemon who's bellowing voice now had her full attention. "’I suppose I should tell you now I’m not an afternoon person.” The much larger bat type pokemon lands near the group it looked like a larger bat then the little guy. Maybe a evolution? was her first thought. "So a prompt answer would be appreciated.” She opened her mouth to say something before closing it again.

She looked at the other dragon types around, " A gathering of dragon type pokemon." she bites her tongue well that was obvious enough. " Amitiel" she gave her name first " I was just coming back home to see if I could find anyone else to help take back the dragon den" The twin yellow jewels on her tail pointing back behind the run down gym. " Am... not honestly sure what the others are doing here" she started falling quiet again as she looked at the other in question before looking back to Keller.

"Didn’t you have something you wanted to ask?” Ami blinked as she moved her serpent body around the large bat dragon. Seeing a small pink fox like creature following behind. Tilting her head to the side as the gold hooped earrings click together. " Hi?" she tries to start for the new comer feeling very awkward all of the sudden. Her coils tighten around themselves a little.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:32 pm

Blackthorn City/Late Afternoon (1)

How long had it been? Days? Weeks? Months? All Norma Jean knew was that time had passed since her last meal. Her stomach was making those noises at her again and it was starting to grate on the Sneasel's nerves. She wanted the blood, the meat, that the clean creatures had; that she hunted for so tenaciously; the reason why her greasy fur reeked of decay and death.

But other than food, the clean ones offered her something that her rotting brain couldn't quite understand. She longed to see them, to take in the scent of their beating hearts, flexing muscles and breathing lungs. Of their life.

But what was life? Why was the concept of having blood flowing through her veins such a ... nostalgic feeling? Whenever Norma Jean saw them she felt ... something strange. Was it ... jealousy? She did not know, but it made killing and eating them a more difficult task than it should've been. Apart from the times she had murdered something and not remembered a thing about it.

Norma Jean limped through the city, the bite mark on the back of her ankle oozing dark blood along the ground. She wanted the living, and she also wanted to eat. Decisions weren't the Sneasel's favourite things to make; quite often her body made the choices for her, but something told her that she used to make quite a lot of choices in the past. More ... 'nostalgia'.

But then, a scent. Cool, glistening scales and soft fur. No blood, at least not on the surface. The innards of Norma Jean's ears thumped as their heartbeats echoed in her mind. Clean Pokemon were nearby.

Despite her exhaustion, she moved quickly round a corner and spotted a group of Pokemon nearby, nearly all of them Dragon-types. Eight of them, to be exact, although she wasn't sure how she reached that conclusion. They were conversing, their words nothing but jumbled gibberish to her decayed brain. She believed that their words would've once meant something to her.

Why was she having these feelings? Why did the clean ones make her feel so ... nostalgic? Where did that word even come from? Norma Jean wanted to find out.

"H-H-Hell-hell--ooo...?" She spoke, her voice nothing more than a feeble croak as she approached, holding out her blood-splattered claws to the nearest one - the pink Sylveon. "Hhhhhe-elp m-meee..."
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Blackthorne City | Late Afternoon | 6

Tearing a chunk of the berry apart the Noibat gulps it down without chewing or closing his mouth much. A pink tongue sweeps out of the corner of his lips and licks all the way around his mouth to gather up the sweet juice that clung to his fur. Sweetest food! Turning his head the bat gave one last bark and growl at the tattered bush, making sure it knew the berry food was his. The shrub gave no reply, not even shaky hiss. He.. he didnt want to be ignored. Turning his entire body toward it Sidgt tries to growl again but the noise sounds more like he was clearing his throat. Flapping his wings angrily the bushes endless silence will not be tolerated. He had defeated the bush, it needed to acknowledge that! Bending his tiny knees the bat reaches for a small stone on the ground with his free hand. The tiny black fingers curl tightly around it, the sharp points digging into his skin but he doesnt notice. "I win!" The Noibat roars, throwing the stone with all his might at the bush. It flies straight into the heart of the shrub, smacking against several branches and leaves. The shh of shrubbery reaches his massive ears and a calm returns to the bat. I win.

With a shaky twitch of his head then his body the youth turns away from the bush, placing the rest of his berry on his tongue but doing nothing more to it. Round amber eyes lock onto an approaching shape. It was.. oddly familiar. Brother? The shape comes rapidly and lands with a thud. The Noibat stares with much wonder in his eyes at the Noivern that just seemed to appear from nowhere. It did look a lot like brother but it wasn't him. There was something off aside from just the colors. Something he.. couldnt place a wing on. One pointed tooth pierces the skin of the berry as he draws a blank. It..... it was a Noivern! Even if it wasnt brother it was still one of his people! A massive grin spreads cheek to cheek and he starts to bounce. "Been chewing the scenery little one?" It wasnt brother or even slightly familiar but it was a Noivern, a Noivern, yes! He starts to gasp with excitement. With a hard shake of his head the tiny bat agrees, closing his teeth around the remains of the fruit with an audible squelch before swallowing it. "Sidgt destroyed the evil!" It even answered back and knew it was defeated!!

"I was just coming back home to see if I could find anyone else to help take back the Dragon Den." The pink dragon says. These words.. didnt work. The bat goes very still, failing to understand the sentence. The words refuse to registrar, to line up, to have the meaning they werent meant to. What was a 'coming back' or a 'else to'? These chunks made his head hurt and burn like there was too much sun on his short fur. "H-H-Hell-hell--ooo...?" What was that! Completely snapped out of his trance the Noibat forgets the pink dragon had even said anything. Tilting his head sideways Sidgt blinks in surprise as he sees yet another new face though this one didn't look so good. "Hhhhhe-elp m-meee..." Help.. me.. help me.... help..... "Me..." He blinks slowly. "Help!" Help! The bat gags, making loud choking noises as he force himself to start heaving. It only takes a few powerful muscles spasms for the foul mass that was the berry to come back up and land in his fingers along with a mountain of thick saliva. "Take." He coos with a strangely serious tone. Reeling one hand back he throws the glob at the Sneasel, completely positive it would help.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Blackthorne | Late Afternoon | 6

Anger curls around the edges of Valentine's throat at his own helplessness as the winged dragon half turns to him and loudly announces his presence to everyone there.  What he wouldn't give to slam the smug prick in the face with a Moonblast.  He just wants to leave dammit.

The fire is gone almost as soon as it starts.  A deep breath in.  A slow sigh out.  All right.  he wants to play this game, then Valentine will rise to the challenge.

"Yes, I did,"  Doe eyes, calm expression, earnest voice.  He steps forward into the light out from the shelter of the trees, exposing himself.  "I wanted to ask if anyone here would be willing to lend me a hand?  It seems this dragon here has taken offence to my very existence and insists on harassing me.  He won't leave me alone.  Even after I told him I was just looking for my human and intended to leave.

He can't help but feel a little bit of pride at his snappy thinking.  Narcissistic, yes, but pride in himself is rare and he'll take it when he can get it.  Sitting on his haunches, he draws his tail close, lowers his ears submissively, and continues to blink up at the dragons with large, almond brown eyes.

His nose twitches as an unpleasant smell filters in... his stomach drops and he leaps to his feet, but too late.  

"H-H-Hell-hell--ooo...?"

There is the undead, a Sneasel, greasy fur splattered with old blood and gore, staring with empty eye sockets, reaching an arm out to him, the once white claws stained red and brown with blood.

Dear gods...    

Pity and horror twists his stomach as he takes a step back away from her.  She's still reaching.  "Hhhhhe-elp m-meee..."

"I-I can't- I mean, there's nothing that anyone..."  He can't string together thoughts, words.  A coherent undead?  Those exist?  And this one... she is begging for help... but gods, good gods, there's no help for her.  The person she was is fading, and all that will soon be left is the monster responsible for the blood on her fur and the death she reeks of.

She was someone's daughter.  Someone's sister.  Maybe someone's mother.  Someone's friend.  Their beloved, their everything.  She had her own dreams, aspirations, her likes and dislikes.  Her joys and sorrows and triumphs.  She looks young; her life still had so much left to offer.  

And now it's gone.  All gone.

Why this...?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Blackthorne City /\ Late Afternoon /\ 6

The shiny skinned Noivern's golden eyes sweep over the grouping once more.

"Sidgt destroyed the evil!" The Noibat chirps cheerfully, making a mess of itself as it gulps down its berry next to the tattered remains of a bush.

It is pretty easy to tell some play fighting has been going on. Noiz assesses the other Sound Wave Pokemon as either a young child or stupid. He doesn't care either way.

" A gathering of dragon type pokemon." One of the more mature dragons works up the courage to speak.

Good, if he had to wait much longer he'd be forced to repeat his demands louder and that could rupture eardrums if they were weak.

" Amitiel" she introduced herself in the most concise fashion. Admirable.

"...Noiz." He replied equally simply with a professional indifference.

"I was just coming back home to see if I could find anyone else to help take back the dragon den. Am... not honestly sure what the others are doing here" The magenta scaled dragon concluded.

Take back Dragon's Den? Either a sentimentalist pining for home or those words disguise some bigger goal.
    He'd already had a quick peek in case the natural cave was inhabitable. Carving himself a new resting place seemed the more savory alternative.
    The Dragonair seemed awkward, nervous, but didn't quite give of the vibe of something hidden that the Fairy had. Perhaps their nervousness was simply that. She hadn't come with the others and didn't seem to know their goals. It was likely they had just met, probably drawn like him to the noise of the Noibat. There are no obvious signs of hostility but no obvious reasons to stay. "Sidgt" had all the care he could need.

Noiz folds in his wings and lowers his position, less fight showing in his pale green furred face. His golden eyes are still cold and disapproving but he stands back and lets the Fairy talk.

"Yes, I did,"  The Sylveon keeps his voice calm and low, trying to reassure he means no threat. Noiz snorts. "I wanted to ask if anyone here would be willing to lend me a hand?  It seems this dragon here has taken offence to my very existence and insists on harassing me.  He won't leave me alone.  Even after I told him I was just looking for my human and intended to leave."

"Sure did." Noiz says without a hint of shame. "Seeing as he won't mention anything about this human he's looking for I don't want a Dragon Killer just wandering around. Feel free to give him a hand."

The shiny sneers dismissively and unfolds his red-lined wings. His piercings go straight through the membrane.

"H-H-Hell-hell--ooo...?"

Noiz's oversize ears twitch, the red velvety membrane picking up the faint croaking voice. With a swift flap of wings he rises from his perch. The beating of his wings flattens the grass around him as he distances himself from the Fairy.

"Hhhhhe-elp m-meee..."

"I-I can't- I mean, there's nothing that anyone..." The Fairy stammers in a clear panic. He doesn't even try to flee.

"Me...Help!" The Noibat squeaks, apparently only now deciphering the rotting Sneasel's garbled words."Take."

With a sickening sound that makes his ears flick back the younger bat throws up the mushy remains of a Pecha berry and offers it to the ice type. Noiz snorts. If the Sneasel had just been poisoned maybe it could be of use but it would take more than a Pecha to fix this.

"I can help you." He addresses the Ice Type from mid-air. His wings beat powerfully to keep him still in the air and a bright sunset glow starts to form in his throat.
    "Look here." He orders and, not caring if anyone is caught in the blast, breathes a column of fire straight down towards the Ice Type.
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:37 pm

((under the normal setting would Have Ami intercept BUT Jean being what she is she would be likely to attack as well. So Ami is paralyzed unsure what to do, and pass.))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:19 pm

((*screams* I have literally JUST noticed it's my turn here and now I don't have time. Skip for now, I'm so sorry. ;_; I may come back and edit this into a post so keep an eye out.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Blackthorne City | Late Afternoon | 7

The bat half-laughs, have-pants as he hops up and down on the spot. Sharing, he was sharing to me help! Sidgt's amber eyes were wide open and refused to blink, slowly drying out as he stared at the approaching undead. It was weird, a weird thing wanting help yes it was. His eyes look away from it and toward the fuzzy pink one. "I-I can't- I mean, there's nothing that anyone..." Nothing? Anyone? Tiny black fingers hook onto the edge of his teeth and he pulls hard. What did that mean? Standing on one foot he balances for a few moments before smashing it into the ground. Those words made no sense! Squawking in disgust the bat shakes his head to and fro, the thick scarf around his neck shifting with the movement. Why, why did people keep using words he didn't get. Why did they want to-

The hard beat of wings echos in his brain, the patter of dust and dirt being disturbed by a strong gust. "I can help you." Noiz-vern was gonna help! Noivern was gonna help! "Yes yes yes!" He chirps, jumping into the air after the much larger bat. With sporadic movements and flaps he buzzes around behind and above the Noivern like a mosquito. "Look here." The words catch his attention but the flames take it over. FIRE, attack attack! If the Noivern was attacking he should be too! Flapping his wings with hard, distinct strikes the bat flings razor sharp blades of air in his Air Cutter at the undead.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Blackthorne | Late Afternoon | 7

If the undead Sneasel had not shown up, Noiz's comments would have set Valentine off slightly.  The anger had risen and begun to calm as his thoughts started to pull forth a coherent answer.  However, as it was, the Sylveon had no time to think of a response; the Sneasel had arrived and now, now he was staring certain death in the face, desperate to save his life but not at the cost of having to take one.

Go away, no, don't touch me; please don't touch me!  

Numb with horror, words not reaching him, an intense heat pressing against his sensitive ears was his only warning of the impending attack.  Instinct screams its way into his brain, forcing him into action.  Throwing all his weight into it, he ducks to the side, bolting out of the way of the fire attack, feeling the flames singeing his fur.

The heat rips his thoughts back, back through the past few years to that damned arena, and the horror chokes his windpipe, cutting off the shriek that had been trying to inch its way out of his throat.

little fairy

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:12 am

((OOC: Skip, I don't know the extent of the attack until Nighty posts.))
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Blackthorne City|| Late Afternoon||8[6]

Amitel wasn't sure about the larger bat of the two, he seemed to just be looking for a fight with someone. She shifts in her coils a little before seeing a strange fox like creature stand up and speak to the group "I wanted to ask if anyone here would be willing to lend me a hand?  It seems this dragon here has taken offence to my very existence and insists on harassing me.  He won't leave me alone.  Even after I told him I was just looking for my human and intended to leave."

She looked at the noivern "Sure did." it said almost happily. "Seeing as he won't mention anything about this human he's looking for I don't want a Dragon Killer just wandering around. Feel free to give him a hand." She blinked again slowly, the dragon killer was looking for a human. Guess they already had something in common she just wanted to find the dragon elder and retake the den and maybe he would come back.

She turned back to the larger bat type, if he had a hard time understanding humans she wouldn't say anything about her origin with him around and try and stay on his good side. She didn't want to fight him or anyone here, turning to the rest of the group. Taking note that Keller wasn't here anymore, her heart sank then as her feathered ears drooped slightly along her serpent like head. Left here with males all around her, shifting again in her coils lowering herself now in them like trying to protect herself from the biggest known threat of this white bat. Looking back at this so called dragon killer who was small and sort of cute to look at it he was female.

"H-H-Hell-hell--ooo...?" a crude voice came up then as she looked around them. As everyone turned to the voice now that had their backs toward it, it was a it. "I-I can't- I mean, there's nothing that anyone..." The small fox quickly said. She set her eyes on it then as her eyes went wide, another flash back of the dark/ice type in the cave killing the other dragons without mercy. She winced, pure terror and fear cropped up right beside her hate for the dark/ice type undead. "Hhhhhe-elp m-meee..." Ignoring it's call for help she would not help it she can't not after what it did, how was it already out here did it destroy everyone else with in the cave was it going to finish her off.

"Me...Help!" Amiteil flinched now as the child like pokemon chimed in with it's sqeak of a voice as she turned to it "Take." she watched as it threw a berry at the undead. Eyes shot wide then as it got closer to the clearly undead pokemon, it wont work it's undead it eats only flesh. She uncoiled herself fighting back the fear and sheer terror of the pokemon "I can help you." the noivern said as she turned to it seeing something forming in it's maw "Look here." she couldn't help but look herself as a torrent of fire bursts from it's maw straight down towards the Ice Type.

Though she was behind the creature she could feel the heat from where she was. Maybe it was enough to kill the den's biggest threat right here and now. Wanting to raise a attack against it as well she found it hard to move, her eyes setting on the undead again. Seeing the smaller bat fly into view then her heart sank again, no it will get hurt. Amitiel got up then seeing as the child was about to attack, if it was going to break out into a fight the undead is more likely to attack anyone who attacks it first.

Using extreme speed, she closed the gap quickly between herself and the noibat. Coiled around the bat as lose and soft as she could pulling him back more behind the heat of the noivern. "Shh shh shh Let Amitiel help keep you safe Sidget. Let Noiz play with it. " she tried to smile not holding the bat as much as she was shielding it.

(Cinder said I could hug Sid)
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:11 pm

Blackthorne City|Late Afternoon

The Dragon type woke up from a nap, wondering where his trainer had disappeared to. A shiny helm on his head was the only gift to remember his trainer by, yet he acted childish thinking that this was the work of an evil dragon type. Dirk laying down, decided its time to get up and go for a walk around to where ever he ended up. What a nice nap, but no time to waste. There are fair maidens to rescue and Singe to defeat. The Druddigon thought. As he got up, he started to explore around Blackthorne for any signs of trouble. Dirk had to take it slow or he might end up causing the undead to wake up and attack. Each step he heard is claws clack on the ground. He was trying to be as silent as can be so that he didn't wake them.

Just as he got through the alley he made it out in the open where the sunlight beamed down on the desolate city. Dirk looked around, nothing was in his sight and he pressed on. "I hope Master made it through here without a problem." He started walking down the main road towards the center of Blackthorne. The Druddigon thought about his master and the place he lived in. Being on duty, guarding the gates, and training to be a strong dragon type. Dirk laughed at the good times he's had, but nothing prepared him for the outbreak. As he reached the center of Blackthorne, he noticed a berry on the ground, yet he dared not eat it for it could be infected with the virus. Dirk picked up the berry and tossed it lightly into the air.

The berry hit the ground splattering its contents out with a putrid smell. The Druddigon got a smell of it and waved back and forth getting the smell away from him. In the end he walked away from the rotten berry. Just as Dirk turned the next corner he spotted something, yet he couldn't make out what it was. The Dragon type started to give it a thought. Whatever that was maybe I should follow it I might find someone in trouble and undertake the quest of rescuing them. Dirk decided to follow the figure to where it is heading to. As he began to approach the area where the figure was he started to hear voices, but it was still to far away to be heard completely. "Hello! Anyone in need of rescuing?!" The Druddigon shouted.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:05 am

Blackthorn City/Late Afternoon (2)

Their reactions appeared to be ... mixed. The small, bat-like dragon regurgitated a berry and threw it at the ground at her feet. Norma Jean stared at the globby mess blankly; why would she want that? The idea of eating something like a berry made her feel sick.

But then, fire! Bright, surging, painful fire. Instinct propelled Norma Jean away from the flames, the Sneasel leaping back a good few feet in just one jump. Why ... was the Noivern trying to hurt her? Hadn't she been hurt enough? How ... how could he...?

"Whyyyy...?" she croaked ruefully, her body drooping towards the ground. So this was what sorrow felt like... "Hhhelp..."

((This post is abysmally bad and I'm sorry for that. I'm really not feeling it with NJ at the moment. Gonna let her do her third post and then deactivate her I think.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:33 pm

Blackthorne City | Late Afternoon | 8

He had.. miscalculated. Somewhere inside his empty head the bat realized that this had been a major mistake. Not only did the walking thing not accept his offering but there was something much more dire right next to him. F-f-fire! Fire was bad. Bad, painful, hot, BAD. Shrieking in terror he beat his tiny wings to flee the stream of fire but it only made the heat scorch the delicate skin even more. The yellow light glowed in his amber eyes. Fire was dangerous. Flapping hard he can not move away fast enough and can already feel the burns starting to form when something grabs him. The world blurs around him, buildings, plants, and dirt mixing together into one mass of color.

"Shh shh shh Let Amitiel help keep you safe Sidget. Let Noiz play with it. " Pretty pink scales? Tiny fingers curl and uncurl to get some bearings as his eyes refused to focus. Soft, smooth scales.. It wasn't quite like the golden face and his retinas pick up the pretty pink color.  The pretty one! The fear he felt a moment ago all but vanished. This dragon felt so smooth, so vaguely familiar of something he couldn't quite remember.  Nest..? He hadn't had a proper net in ages.. Someone back home? Home... He was a long ways from home. "Home.." The bat whispers softly. Maybe he would remember if he went there.  "Home!" He says again, much louder and more excited.  "Sidgt's going home!!" Squealing loudly the Noibat wiggles free from the Dragonair's grasp, beating his little wings to take flight into the darkening sky. Speeding up high into the air Sidgt flew toward the rising moon. It would lead him. It would lead him.. home..
     "I am the night!"

((Leaving Post.))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:53 am

Blackthorne | Late Afternoon | 8

Everything was wrong, everything was so wrong.  He watches from the sidelines, scurrying back away from the fire.  It envelopes the small Sneasel, and he stares in silent horror, a numb feeling creeping into his chest.

He never did like death.

Especially not murder.  Is it murder?  She's an undead, she could kill them; she probably wants to kill them.

She leaps out of the inferno, several feet away with a single jump, and he can't take his eyes off her.  Her eyes are gone, her body emaciated and bloodstained.  She looks disgusting, like any other undead, yet she collapses to the ground and sobs like a child, pleading for help, croaking out a question.

A question he has no answer for.

Why indeed?  

He never notices the tiny bat leaving; the Sneasel has his full attention.  Should he run?  Can he even run?

The Noivern is focused on his target; he might be able to make a break for it if he tries...

little fairy

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:36 am

Blackthorne City /\ Late Afternoon /\ 7

The shiny Noivern snapped his jaws shut and cuts off his Flamethrower attack. A few dribbles of the ignited fluid that powered the attack drip down his jaws like liquid flames, burning the dark flesh of his lips before they wink out. He doesn't notice the raw, scorched skin except by the smell that always accompanied the fire type attack.

The afterimage left by the flames left a blue and black blotch of color against his sensitive eyes. The nocturnal dragon had to blink a few times to clear the haze from his eyes.

By the time the patch of shadows fades enough for him to see the flying type realizes the Sneasel had jumped aside to avoid being hit by the flames.

The shining skinned dragon feels a flicker of irritation. The thing was eyeless, nothing but empty sockets where its eyes should be. It's dark fur should be ablaze and save him the trouble of finishing it off closer.
    To the Noivern's displeasure as he looks around at the star of burnt ground where his flames had hit.

Well it looks like he has to try again then.

Noiz draws up the fluid in his throat to ignite another flamethrower but the high pitched squeaking of the Noibat is throwing off his aim. The noivern considers clipping him with his wing to shut him up but before he can clip the squalling child upside the head the tiny dragon leaves under it's own bizarre whims, apparently heading 'home'. As to wherever that was and if the Noibat would survive the journey, as long as it was out of earshot Noiz couldn't give a rattata's ass.

"Either stay still or fight back." The dragon rolls his golden eyes.

Rot-brained thing.

Aside from some erratic support from the Noibat none of the others have made an attempt to help. In fact the group has diminished greatly in size. The bat-like dragon snorts derisively. Run away had they? And all at the first hint of a type weakness? What self-respecting dragon didn't know at least one way of countering an opponent like that?

Noiz once again appraises the undead. It was a lean thing with one ear apparently chewed and the other pierced with a golden ring that made him uncomfortable to look at. Some human had once owned this pokemon and loved it enough to give it jewellery. In pensive thought he chewed at the silver stud that ran through his tongue until his sharp fangs broke the skin and it started to bleed.

The sensation of skin breaking and the metallic, salty taste was thrilling but not enough. He didn't want this half-assed mess; he wanted to get into a real fight.

"Hello! Anyone in need of rescuing?!" The Noivern's scarlet lined ears twitch.

Druddigon, male and curiously wearing a helmet of some kind of burnished metal. Noiz snorts. A superfluous fashion accessory no doubt, a Druddigon's rough scales were harder then rock on its crimson head.

"The final blow is yours if you want it." He replies in seeming good cheer.

Letting the naive newcomer deal with the dazed thing suited him much better. Noiz hated getting into a direct confrontation with the undead; their was always the risk some of their foul infectious fluids might get into a wound he hadn't noticed.
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:46 am

Blackthorne City|| Late Afternoon||9[7]

Amitiel watched as the small dragon bat seemed a little dazed bu her quick movement before calming down. Even nesting a little in her coils, as she looked down her face softened a little more around the edges. even the flames going on behind her seemed forgotten as she moved around the bat a little before hear the cruel words.

"Sidgt's going home!!" Amitiel's eyes widened as she went to coiled around tighter to stop the dragon bat from slipping out. but, to late the small bat slipped out and took off as she uncoiled to go after him knowing the pokemon wouldn't make it to far.  "I am the night!" was the last words she heard her eyes water a little, now turning back to the fight seeing the ice type had jumped out of the way.

Her coils sparking to life with a thunder wave about to let it go before another voice came in."Hello! Anyone in need of rescuing?!" as she turned the thunder wave breaking seeing a strange pokemon walk into view. "The final blow is yours if you want it." the white cream bat said then as she turned to it. No no more fighting, coiled up on herself again trying to fall through the ground and vanish. They were all leaving them, without saying anything now just the three of them now four.

She turned to the fairy type fox as he seemed just as frozen in fear as she should have. She turned around to the ice type then only hate bursting forward, just over the fear. Her jeweled tail whipping up a Twister before firing it off in the general direction "there is no help here, am sorry!" her voice cracked in sorrow for the small bat that left.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:25 pm

Blackthorne City|Late Afternoon

The druddigon walked towards where the other Pokemon was, but upon approaching them they seemed to be fighting something. As he got closer, an undead sneasel came into view. Its eyes was missing from its sockets and it wreaked of death. Dirk had no doubt this could be an easy victory if he uses flamethrower on it. Just before he was to ready his flamethrower the Sneasel was talking to the other living pokemon. "Hhhelp..." Was it calling for help or was it needing help seeing, either way it had to be put down. His eyes was focused on the undead and was ready to strike without hesitation. "The final blow is yours if you want it." He turned his head seeing a cream colored Noivern, oddly it didn't look to happy. The Druddigon got his flamethrower ready and took precise aim at the Sneasel. Dirk was about ready to release it and as he opened up his mouth, fire was escaping from it. "There is no help left for you, sorry it has to happen this way." The Dragon type said as he about got he began unleashing the flamethower.

The fire escaped his mouth all the way, but he missed barely by an inch letting out a warning shot. He prepared it again this time not intending to miss. Dirk wasn't going to waste a Draco Meteor on a weak undead especially when there are others around. Just before he was to release a second flamethrower a pink scaled Dragonair spoke. "there is no help here, am sorry!" Could it be a maiden that he has found, its tail was glowing about to unleash an attack on the undead sneasel. A fair maiden here of all places, odd indeed. Dirk never would have found one alone, but seems that this one was with others.

The Druddigon stopped his attack before he could release it staring at the pink colored beauty in awe. His eyes shifted back to the sneasel still standing there like a log as he looked at where it was facing he turned and seen a sylveon crouched down in fear. Dirk couldn't tell if it was a female or male, but one thing was for certain, it was in trouble and needed help. The Dragon type got his Flamethower ready and returned his glare towards the sneasel. This time though he was going to finish it right where it stood, but he was waiting on the Dragonair to strike as well to make a more significant blow to the undead. "Ready when you are fair maiden." The Druddigon said.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Blackthorn City/Late Afternoon (3)

Hostility. Fire. Pain. Even through her dead nerves the flames still tingled, singeing the tips of her thin fur and igniting her instincts. Norma Jean could not handle it anymore; these clean Pokemon would not help her, nor want to even be anywhere near her.

Her stomach growled once more, dull pains shooting through her abdomen. Her lips curled back as she snarled, displaying her small, filthy fangs. Their blood was so close ... just a single slash to the neck it would all be her's.

The Druddigon and funny-looking Dragonair were rounding on her, preparing to attack. The Sneasel hissed at them, baring her claws. If only their skin would just erode away and spill all the blood and flesh at her feet in an instant ... the killing was always the hardest part.

She would not stain her claws today ... Norma Jean knew that she hadn't always done this; there was a time when she'd rather have cleaned her claws rather than gotten them dirty. Her foul-smelling, greasy fur and torn ears were also nonexistent in her forgotten past.

Giving the group one last hiss in contempt, Norma Jean dashed away, leaping over the rooftops and out of sight.

((Leaving post.))
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:06 am

Blackthorne City /\ Late Afternoon /\ 8

Noiz lazily flaps his massive wings to stay airborne as the Druddigon steps fully onto the scene.

"There is no help left for you, sorry it has to happen this way." At least the armored dragon is of a similar sentiment to him.

"There is no help here, am sorry!" The shiny Dragonair's voice actually cracked with emotion.

Noiz snorts. You'd think the Sneasel was someone they knew personally from all their carrying on.

Just as luck would have it the Druddigon is struck dumb, practically drooling like a lovesick moron in front of the Dragonair. He had to admit she was pretty, a stunning specimen even without the sparkling color of her hide, but honestly who gets all goo-goo eyes in the middle of a battle.

Noiz turns his golden eyes to the Sneasel as it hisses contemptuously.

Not even a battle. Whatever help the eyeless thing wanted it would be hard pressed to find it here. Not many dragons in these times would lift a claw for an ice type that was healthy, let alone one already so heavily tainted.

From above he watches the ice/dark type skitter away across the rooftops and disappear out of sight. Agile little fucker when it wanted to get away.

The massive bat dragon lands with a 'whump' of air that washes over the group. His spike tipped tail twitches.

Now they were three...

"So..." His voice is dripping with cheer as he turns to the Druddigon. "You haven't seen a human around these parts have you?"
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Blackthorne | Late Afternoon | 9

No.  No, fuck this.

The Sneasel is showing far too much sentience and intelligence for an undead.  It makes Valentine's stomach lurch, his brain cloudy.

Has he been putting down sentient Pokemon all this time?  All of these battles he's fought as he and his trainer have travelled, has he been killing Pokemon who were still people?  Logic tries to beat its way in, reminding him that they had little choice, that the undead were dangerous, that they lusted for blood, that they would fully die anyway once the virus ran its course.  There was truly no other option but to put them down.

And yet, staring at the sobbing ice type with no eyes, huddled in a little heap, the pity threatens to drown him.  How could anyone kill a creature pleading for help?  Trying to didn't make the Noivern a monster; she was going to attack them at some point, but how did he stand to actually do it?

He doesn't think he wants to know the answer to that, really.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, he barely realizes another dragon has shown up until snatches of his speech filtered in.  Snapping his head to the side he stared at him, unable to place the species--looked something like Druddigon.  He has no idea what they are and, returning his attention to the Sneasel, he realizes he doesn't care.  She hisses at them, and his eyes widen as she turns and takes off.

She's giving up?  So easily?  No further bloodshed?  No death?  Maybe she realized she had made a poor choice of prey.

Maybe I should leave too, while I can...  

He begins to inch back towards the bushes, watching as the Noivern comes to a landing near the other two.  His face is expressionless, and a bit of anger wells up in him--did he seriously feel nothing watching that?

Perhaps that's unfair.  Some people don't like to betray their feelings so easily and everyone here is a stranger.

"So... You haven't seen a human around these parts have you?"

He'd just been starting to calm slightly when the words leave the dragon's mouth.  The Sylveon's lips bare in a silent snarl.  No, fuck this, all the way to hell.  Watching that display and then he goes right back to mocking him?  No.  He'll take his chances with the ass being vindictive.  It's time to go.

He's practically in the brush now.  With a deep breath he turns and bolts for it.

Here's to hoping for better company and a lot less stress next time around.  

(Leaving post)

little fairy

Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:30 pm

Blackthorne City|| Late Afternoon||10[8]

"Ready when you are fair maiden." the strange dragon had said as she turned to it a second before letting her twister fly. The undead Ice type hissed and growled before fleeing over the roof tops out of sight. The yellow jewels on her neck and tail lose their glow as she let out a held breath, shaking slightly not wanting to fight anything.

"So..." the great white bat lands then as she moved a little closer to the pair of them like a snake would. "You haven't seen a human around these parts have you?". A human there haven't been humans in this area for awhile after the dragon elder left and the human in the gym was called away. She turned to the dragon's den and the gym, no humans left. Before looking around not seeing the pink fairy fox around, " No there haven't been humans in a very long time after the... creatures came they fled... and the area and den were abandoned" she started still scanning for the fairy type. " Where did the other one go?... the pink fox".

Stopping as her eyes stopped on the newcomer who had a fire breath as well. Had he just called her a maiden?, what was that. Amitiel blinked dismissing it, " Amitiel.. pleasure to meet you?" she started not sure what else to say exactly after that. Alone with males, she shifts her coils around herself looking around. " The dragon elder was the last to leave the den when a small ice type monster entered the den, like the one we just saw." turning to the cave behind what remains of the gym. " I think it's still in there, that's why I've been trying to find others. Maybe when it's dead the humans will come back." Turning back to Noiz and the newcomer. Feeling like a useless idiot for repeating herself, shying away a little into her coils deeper.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:10 am