Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+6
Weavile
Drago
renegade
Negative10
Snitch
Silverishness
10 posters

(ACE) The LOSTLORN Team

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The LOSTLORN Team  - Page 10 Empty Re: (ACE) The LOSTLORN Team

Post by Silverishness Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:21 am

Post 49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sil's Farm House| Late Morning

Why? Hannibal repeated, his exhaustion apparent in his voice. “Why I apologize?” Sil stared down at him, expression hard against his own. She didn't need to confirm it for his own amusement-- he knew damn well what she meant and she was sticking to that. Her eyes searched his, seeing something flicker away as he revived his arrogance and coyness. Looked like someone was feeling better, then...

“I suppose it’s because I understand,” he continued, his air of aloofness lofty in his voice, leaving Sil to only mentally question what that meant. “Some say that if you remove the source of the pain, it all just flows away.” He gave a bitter snort of a laugh, his words finding humor in their speaker as he flashed an inexplicable glance to her, red eyes dangerous. “It doesn’t.” His words turned from strangely amused to bitter, the short, curt sentence telling Sil more of her companion than she was sure she really wanted to know. “You carry it with you. It accumulates. Weighs you down. And soon, you’re breaking beneath the pressure…”

As he spoke, his voice grew more and more bitter, his distaste becoming too much to conceal. Sil's own steps slowed a little as he trekked on ahead, thin frame determined to get back to the others. Surely it was because he so loathed being alone with her... but she still couldn't wrap her head around why. He understood? Then why push her to such lengths? Why torture her so in a mind game like that when he knew what he was doing? What pain he was inflicting? Her frown deepened, her questions demanding answers in her mind, but now they were far too close to the others for comfort. No, this was a conversation they needed to continue alone. She stepped forward, grabbing the cloth from her back as Hannibal announced their success. “Cloth,” he grumbled, tossing his head to her. “You’re welcome.”

She held the jacket out to Kinah, eyes straying a moment to Cass before quickly flicking down to her now very interesting muzzle. "...Eimoyyie," she whispered, her mouth obstructed with the thick jacket. Despite her inability to form the words correctly, her eyes and stance said much more, burdened and weighed by the guilt she felt for nearly blinding Cass.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Sil's Farm House|Late Morning
    C(43)/K(68)

While Kinah had hoped for some kind of resolution between Sil and Hannibal whilst they were forced to work together the gruff way they regarded one another as they returned dashed it away. Nothing was going to change between them without a good swift kick in the seat it seemed. And if their egos kept going the way they were there was one Mienshao who was perfectly willing to do the job. “Cloth. You’re welcome.” Kinah gave a small glare to the Houndoom who once again decided he was on the outside looking in, effectively distancing himself from the group with only his words. "You know you could help out with that part seeing as how my paws are the only thing keeping him from painting the lawn red." But her glares were losing their edge with the worry that hid behind them.

A sudden flittering over her her head caused Kinah to glance up in irritation to see the blue puff ball from before. "I was blessed enough to find a whole entire Sitrus bush! It is overflowing with the fruit; I can always go grab more if needed." Nodding her down, paws still firmly attached to Cassius, she indicated to the Zebstrika in question. "Put them where he can reach and then fetch as many as you can. A few berries won't seal the wound." Cassius looked up to the small little Swablu and gave her a pathetic smile. "Translation: Thank you," he said, earning him a slap upside the head. "Ow!"

Sil seemed a little more depressed than she had been even when she left, but still she reached behind her and handed off the cloth, a muffled apology going with. "...Eimoyyie." While he was still angry at her Cash didn't have the heart to tell the lovely creature off so he just looked away as Kinah took the cloth and started tearing it to wrap around his eye. "It's okay..." he muttered pathetically, angry that his macho and suave personality had been effectively ruined by the female before him. He winced as Kinah slathered one of the berries on his eye before wrapping it, not giving him a warning first. "Eat the rest," she ordered, but something else caught his attention instead.

More wingbeats were heard even though the Swablu was right there and Cassius became alarmed until he saw a familiar pale blue shape. "Kid!" he cried, jumping to his hooves and scaring the hell out of Kinah who now hung from his neck like a tacky scarf. "Where the heck did you get off to? You okay?" He had missed Cloud and was worried sick when the little guy had just vanished so suddenly. Kinah, however, was less than thrilled by this appearance. She didn't need another distraction and so far that was all she was getting out of her troublesome patient.

((So sorry! I missed this team while I was posting yesterday!))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Sil's Farm House || Late Morning [43]

"You know you could help out with that part seeing as how my paws are the only thing keeping him from painting the lawn red."

Hannibal gave no verbal response, instead offering a short huff and lying down. Actions spoke louder than words, of course. Stretching his forelegs out in front of him, wincing atlittle as the movement caused unwanted friction about his injured shoulder, the Houndoom was otherwise comfortable as an observer. He could hear everything, see everything and yet treated the chaotic situation as if he were looking from behind some sort of window – isolated. He contemplated taking a few moments to rest his eyelids whilst he had chance, but remained unusually alert.

Hannibal wasn’t fully recovered from his emotional revelation. His heart still ached at the memory of his deceased sister, albeit significantly more subtly now that the lid had been re-affixed atop his pot of emotions. He looked on from afar, detached. There was no smug grin however; no unpleasant remarks springing to mind – merely a misting over of his eyes as if he weren’t entirely present. Fighting a battle within the confines of his own mind, it took a good minute before the hound retuned into the goings-on surrounding him.

"I was blessed enough to find a whole entire Sitrus bush! It is overflowing with the fruit; I can always go grab more if needed."

The bird was back with berries, the quiet Kabutops along with her as a group effort was put into Cassius’ recovery. The sight made him feel sick. He hadn’t needed anyone to get by in life. When he was thrown back into his cage half-dead, he was left to his own devices – no band of merry followers to nurse him back to his former glory. If he was lucky, he was given a berry to prevent him from passing out. He still carried the scars – a reminder of the survivor he was. Cassius wouldn’t last a minute in Hannibal’s world. None of them would.
    “Maybe Kinah,” He muttered quietly to himself, caught up in his own silent ponderings. She was strong, she was a medic and she was rational – that alone was enough to ensure her survival. Yet his eyes were drawn back to the damned Sawsbuck. She wore a look of melancholy, concernedly watching her admirer with apparent guilt.

Maybe they weren’t so alike after all.

Hannibal had experienced guilt only a handful of times – nowadays it was rare to scratch the emaciated surface, but lovely Silverish had gone and succeeded in her attempts, albeit without knowing. Still, perhaps he had jumped to conclusions in the comparison. They were similarities between them of course, but she had a long way to go yet.

Hannibal tore his intense gaze from her, resting his slim head atop his paws as he was lost to his own thoughts. The canine had little time to muse however as a god-awful, familiar call echoed from above. The Houndoom merely groaned in response, a frown hanging over his eyes as his slumped body remained akin to a statue. He didn’t even need to look to know who had rejoined their company – both surprised and disappointed that the bird hadn’t been eaten by an undead.
    “Oh goodie…” He muttered sarcastically, deciding that Cloud would be better off digesting inside his own stomach. Damn, he was hungry. The taste of meat, of blood, was nothing but a vague memory these days – then again that could always change. Quietly toying with his muzzle, subtly attempting to enlarge the tear Kinah had created with his tongue, Hannibal had come to the conclusion that the best response to such emotion would be eliminating the cause.

Reminded of his own words not moments prior, he shook his head amusedly, soon dismissing the idea. Sil was a pain, yes. She alone had broken the lock to his emotions after years of indifference, but killing her wouldn’t solve anything. God forbid it might worsen things. No, she was safe with him. As he watched her, he smiled to himself, the idea of meeting a fellow spirit in this chaotic new world finally translating into what it truly was. Nothing but a cruel joke.

Welcome to Hell, sweetheart.
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Sil's Farm House | Late Morning (46)

Aegis was happy to see the little bird return. He was glad that she hadn't gotten lost or worse in the woods when they got separated. Letting the others have their conversation, he backed up a bit to let them have at it. He turned his head, however, when he noticed another bird had appeared. A small Rufflet, by the looks of it, with strange goggles on its head. The others seemed to know him, however, so he took it all in stride. No sense questioning it now.

The appearance of the bird seemed to brighten Cass's mood considerably, however, which was another cause for Aegis's happiness. He didn't want these guys to start fighting amongst themselves. Not when they had to struggle so hard to survive as it was.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Sil's Farm House//Late Morning
    [19]

Cloud kept up his pace in flight as he flew towards the familiar building that stood in front of him. Everyone was still there right? They wouldn’t leave without him would they? What if they had left without him? That would mean they thought he was gone, dead. He hoped what he was thinking was wrong, he didn’t wish to be forgotten, he didn’t want them to think he was dead, or that he disappeared for no reason. “Everyone, are you there?” He called out to the building, waiting for a reply.

It didn’t take very long before he saw them, the familiar shape’s and forms of those he had traveled with for awhile, and there was Cass, though he didn’t look all that great. Did something happen while the Rufflet had been gone? How did he get separated from them anyway? He knew they would probably ask that, but he didn’t have an answer for them, there was no way he could tell them one moment he was here then the next he was there, maybe he slept flied? No way he would sleep walk, sleep flying seemed to make more sense though, he thought.

“Kid!” Cass called to him, getting up and looked so happy to see Cloud as he flew in. Cloud couldn’t help but smile at this, the Zebstika had missed him, did this mean the other’s had missed him also? Or what the electric type the only one, it didn’t matter though, he was missed. “Where the heck did you get off to? You okay?” Cass asked as Cloud came to a flutter onto the floor. There was the question, and like before, he didn’t know hot to answer.

“I-I don’t know.” Cloud said, looking down at the ground before looking back up at Cass. “I, I was just here, then, I was there, I don’t know how, I-It just happened.” Cloud said trying to explain, but nothing seemed to be coming out right. Soon the Rufflet could feel water starting to form in his eyes. “Cass, I was so scared that you all left me.” Cloud tried to say through tears before he went up to the Zebstrika and wrapped his wings around the electric horses front leg in a hug.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:42 am

Post 50

Sil's Farm House| Afternoon

"It's okay..." Was Cass' reply to her apology as Kinah took the jacket from her mouth, granting Sil her full linguistic abilities. Her expression changed little, the guilt and hardened sadness still full on her, weighing both her expression and stature down. No, it wasn't, and no amount of placating would be able to convince the deer otherwise. Ears flicked back, emerald eyes both unable and unwilling to meet the zebstrika's, it was all Sil could do to simply keep her gaze down and nod. He was willing to let the matter go, even if she wasn't. Maybe... she'd be able to make it up somehow...

"Kid!" Cass' voice strangely elevated with joy caught Sil off guard, her head rising to see the little rufflet flapping toward them. While another bout of guilt began to attack, it was quickly replaced with confusion. Last she'd seen Cloud, he was sleeping on Cass. So... why was he flying out of the forest? Where... What...? "Where the heck did you get off to? You okay?" While Sil hadn't been that attached to the little fluffy bird, she was very interested in quelling her confusion. Maybe his enigmatic disappearance wasn't her fault after all?

As the two conversed, she glanced to Kinah, then Aegis, silently expressing her confusion while simultaneously asking for an answer. How had the little goggled bird achieved such a thing? Frowning slightly, she adjusted her weight, then cleared her throat. "I'm glad that you're ok, too..." Sil offered quietly, then stepped away for a moment, going North, toward the ruins of her home.

She had only stepped a few paces, if that, away from the others, yet it felt like miles. The chatter was distant, nearly mute as her numb mind failed to keep up with their talk. Numb... that was a very good word. She stared, eyes nearly vacant at the ruins of her home, her childhood; a metaphor for everything that had happened. It was no more, nothing but a pile of lumber and kindling now. Her parents, their corpses, were nothing more than aged, rotting meat for fungus and carrion eaters. Her whole world reduced to nothing more than waste for others to benefit from as she was left to her own devices.

Of course, she had been the hand in it all, save for her family. It had been her hooves, her legs that brought that house down. And now... while she knew she should have felt regret, sorrow... there was nothing. That same numbness that plagued her mind had already infected her soul, and as she looked on the morose scene, the numbness robbed her of her grief. She released a sigh she didn't know she'd been holding, her gaze parting from the ruin. There was nothing there, so why should she dwell on it so? Her head turning to the others, she caught Hannibal's gaze for just a moment, his crimson eyes on her. Her own emerald stare paused on him, unsure of why he was staring. Maybe he was dreaming of venison steak? Yeah... that sounds like him. Heaving a small, emotionless scoff, the sawsbuck turned more to face the larger group.

"...If you're finished with healing him, Kinah," she began, her voice flat and tired more than anything else, "we need to keep moving. It's already midday and we have a lot of ground to cover, right?" If memory served correctly, Sil had led them North to the ranch, but Kinah or Cass was supposed to take the reins from there onward to whatever place the fighter had spoken of earlier. A small weight lifted from the deer; it'd be nice to play follower again instead of leader. "Time's a-wasting."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Sil's Farm House|Late Morning
    C(44)/K(69)

Cassius looked with pity at the frightened little Rufflet, wishing for a moment that he had arms like Kinah so the kid could get a hug. “I, I was just here, then, I was there, I don’t know how, I-It just happened.” Tears started to form and he would have done something to try and comfort Cloud if Kinah wasn't holding his face in what felt like a vice grip. “Cass, I was so scared that you all left me.” Cloud was hugging his leg and he nudged Kinah's arms as she finished his bandage. "It's okay kiddo, it's okay..." he lowered his head and nuzzled the small bird, trying to offer some kind of comfort. After all, Cloud was pretty much his only friend now that everyone was on Hannibal's side.

Kinah huffed as she was pushed away without so much as a thank you, picking up one of the berry branches and thwacking Cash on the head with it. He glared at her but still didn't say anything so she just threw the branch in front of him. "Feed yourself you ungrateful git. See if I help you the next time your lifeblood is running into the ground." All she got was a snort so she stormed over to a tree and propped herself against the trunk. She was pissed. Beyond pissed. She just saved that pig headed fool's life and he had the audacity to snort at her? Well..."Fuck him."

"...If you're finished with healing him, Kinah, we need to keep moving. It's already midday and we have a lot of ground to cover, right?"

Kinah looked up from glaring a hole in the ground and gave Sil a tired expression. "Yeah, I'm done." Looking to Hannibal and the jackass who seemed to just attract birds she pushed herself off of the tree and stretched her arms over her head until they cracked. "Time's a-wasting." Already annoyed that comment, while completely innocent, she snapped. "Tell that to the birdhouse over there and we can get moving! I'm not anyone's babysitter so if your coming then move it." Not really willing to put up with any arguments she began walking, no cares as to who was going with her or not.

((lol, Kinah so angry XD))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:04 am

Sil's Farm House || Late Morning [44]

Drifting in and out of the conversation, the point of discussion revolving around Cloud’s joyous return, Hannibal was content to let his mind wander. In fact, he was finding a moment’s peace a great benefit. Sleeping was too exhausting for him – nightmares keen to unhinge painful memories in startling vivacity – but a few minute’s isolation did a world of good. He missed the solitude, unaccustomed to the social interaction demanded of him with such unbearable company. But Hannibal couldn’t afford to leave. There was no telling how many survivors still roamed the region, or how many of those individuals were willing to remove a measly muzzle. He’d made progress with Kinah and that alone was enough to ensure his presence. It was only a matter of time now.

"...If you're finished with healing him, Kinah, we need to keep moving. It's already midday and we have a lot of ground to cover, right?"

Hannibal returned to proceedings as Sil’s voice seeped into the recesses of his mind. Crimson eyes on the doe in an instant, the hound noticed a slight shift in what had previously been a melancholy demeanour.
    “Someone’s cheery,” He mused aloud, a small smile forming beneath the muzzle at the female’s ability to reluctantly ‘bounce back’. That was another trait they shared. Although whilst Sil sought joy, masking her troubles with a tired civility, Hannibal opted for a far darker façade. Rising to his feet at the opportunity of abandoning this place, a newfound bitterness evoked at the sight of the collapsed building, Hannibal was very much in agreement. Keen to leave reawakened memories behind, he sauntered back to the group.

Despite the natural hunch inherited from years confined to a cramped cage, Hannibal otherwise walked tall. The recovery was evident. His eyes restored with their old spark, a snide smile constantly threatening to sidle into view, the Houndoom looked sufficiently refreshed. He had buried a moment’s weakness, memories of such vulnerability banished alongside those of Mischa as he greeted his company with a polite tilt of his head.
    “Welcome back, Cloud,” His attention momentarily latched to Cloud, his words emerged as subtle sneer. The bird would be better off dead – though, admittedly, he had proven a useful distraction amidst all the drama of Sil’s breakdown.

Whilst Cassius seemed to be making a promising recovery to the hound’s dismay, Kinah’s demeanour had dropped like lead. Having missed the trigger of the fighter’s suddenly foul mood, Hannibal watched her storm towards a tree, face like thunder, before observing her snorting patient. A matter of thanks, then? Hannibal presumed. It was a shame really. Part of him hoped Cassius’ eye was beyond saving – he needed a reality check, a little taste of pain to keep him well and truly grounded. Kinah would be wise to keep her medical skills to herself in the future, clearly they were wasted on such a pompous ass which, he liked to think, she’d now learnt.

"Time's a-wasting."
    "Tell that to the birdhouse over there and we can get moving! I'm not anyone's babysitter so if your coming then move it."

Hannibal was unable to silence the dark laugh that followed, amused at the sudden shift in the Mienshao. Still, he remained uncharacteristically contained. He could insult her, intensify that anger with a few empty words, but instead, he held his tongue. He respected her too much for that. Shaking his head in mock disappointment at Cassius, the Houndoom limped after the fighting-type. As he turned, his eyes lingered on Sil a moment too long.
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:09 am

((SKip please, I'm really sorry for stalling this long only to skip, but I honestly can't make much of a post right now. Sorry!))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Sil's Farm House//Late Morning
    [20]

"I'm glad that you're ok, too..." Sil said, though the Rufflet wasn’t expecting to hear that from the Sawsbuck, it was nice to know not only Cass had missed him. He stayed where he was hugging the Zebsrikas leg as he continued to feel the tears stream down his face. He wanted to stop crying, cause some always saw them as a sign of weakness, but he just couldn’t stop, he was so scared that he had been abandoned, forgotten, but he was glade that he had been missed.

"It's okay kiddo, it's okay..." Cass said as he nuzzled the crying Rufflet. Cloud had managed to stop crying, though tears still fell from his eyes before he finally let go of the Zebstrikas leg and walked over to sit down next to the electric type. He wondered if it was strange that his current best friend was an electric type? Probably, but he really didn’t care, Cass was his friend, and that was enough to break the type barrier.

Talk about leaving started up, and even though Cloud didn’t want to leave the seemingly safe barn, he knew they had to keep moving. He didn’t make a word as he once again stood to his feet. He would have taken his perch on Cass’ back if he didn’t look so injured. The Rufflet didn’t wish to add more pain with his own weight, even though birds are generally light weight.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:18 am

Post 51

"Tell that to the birdhouse over there and we can get moving! I'm not anyone's babysitter so if you're coming, then move it."

Sil couldn't help but allow a weary smile to grace her features, pausing a moment to allow the mienshao to take the lead. Glad that she was once more relieved of leadership, she took in a steadying breath and released it-- and with it, the burden of leading. She followed Kinah almost dutifully, much more comfortable with the role of follower rather than leader. Spry legs eagerly able to keep up, it was only a strange feeling in her spine that slowed the sawsbuck down. A feeling she knew well in the confines of paranoia-- the feeling of being watched.

She turned, spotting Hannibal's eyes on her once more, another unreadable expression upon him. Her ears flicked about for a moment as her own verdant gaze met his, some unspoken words exchanged between them. Her first instinct was to break it, to smash a hoof in his face and yell, "WHAT?!", but... obviously, she couldn't, for whatever reason. Still, the strange hold his eyes had on her was much too controlling for her liking; his eyes staying her legs like that of a vicious, powerful predator. She cleared her throat and broke the bond, tearing her own eyes away from him with a forced jerk of her antlered head. "...Creep."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Sil's Farm House|Afternoon
    C(45)/K(70)

Kinah ignored everyone and everything around her and began to trudge her way towards the Entralink. It was in the very center of the region but also somewhat separated from all of it. With the transporters down thanks to the devastation of mankind the only way there was a couple of bridges that saw almost no use. If they were lucky, and the odds were in their favor due to the extremely low population there, that they would be safe. It would take at least a couple of days to get there though, at least in the condition they were all in. Pony Boy only had one eye to see out of right now and Muzzles had a limp, Doe looked tired as fuck and then there was the other two who seemed to flit in and out of existence. It was...well it was aggravating to say the least.

She had left a group of living so similar to this one it was disgusting. What the hell was with her? Did she just attract these types or did they attract her? What kind of lure did they have on the fighter? Sighing in defeat she shot a glance back to check on everyone and stopped when she saw Cassius about to explode.

Cassius had been watching them, carefully. Ever since the collapse of the house they had been acting different and he was not happy about it. But when had seen the looks Sil and Hannibal kept shooting each other when the other wasn't looking it finally clicked. She didn't just prefer that mutt to him, she had chosen that mutt over him! Of all the degrading slaps in the face! His pride wounded and fighting to cover the wound in his heart all Cassius could do was react in anger. "You two lovebirds done? You're googoo eyes are making me sick! Just fuck and get it over with already!"
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:02 am

Sil's Farm House || Late Morning [45]

"You two lovebirds done? You're googoo eyes are making me sick! Just fuck and get it over with already!"

Hannibal, having succeeded in tearing his gaze from Sil, was soon enlightened that his intense observations hadn’t gone unnoticed. Wincing at Cassius’ sudden, loud and indignant cry, the Houndoom shook his head at the vulgarity of such a suggestion. He’d never been particularly interested in relationships, not exactly a lustful individual – but if he had intended to, as Cass politely put it, ‘fuck’ someone, he would first court them. Despite the rumours, that universal distrust that seemed to hang over him like a stubborn cloud, Hannibal was truly a gentleman at heart. Regardless, as far as the hound could tell, he saw absolutely no allure in the doe – she was simply… interesting.

Looking lazily back to the Zebstrika, intending to put his concerns at ease, Hannibal’s dark eyes flashed with mischief at such an irresistible opportunity. Cass had literally exploded in rage and past all that hatred, he was hurting. Smiling at the male, the Houndoom feigned confusion as if he were only just tuning into the conversation.
    “Is something the matter, Cassius?” Hannibal’s soft utterance was soon replaced by a devilish grin, tail lashing behind him as he limped on without another word. He had found the zebra’s weakness – a little paranoia, a jealousy that he was going to lose his sweet, precious damsel to the villainous cur.
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Sil's farm house | Late Morning (47)

Aegis had never felt so out of the loop.

The small bird with the strange goggles was obviously a friend of the others who had been separated from the group at some point. The fact that nobody had made much of an effort to make introductions made him feel even more isolated. It's not that he was used to being the center of attention, but he hated being left out all together. Regardless, he backed off from the conversation, allowing the others to have their say. He had already decided to stay with this group as long as they would allow him to, and hopefully he would be more comfortable around them with time. He absolutely hated being in such an awkward situation.

When Cassius's outburst caught his ears, however, Aegis stood shocked. It was almost comical, in a cynical sense. After all this group had been through already, here he was worrying about love? Aegis didn't understand. Still, he caught the sense of tension forming. The Hound of course wouldn't let matter lie. Aegis saw it immediately. He was stoking the fires, trying to make the Zebstrika angrier. If they began fighting... Things could get messy. Aegis found himself wondering quite what kind of friends he had found here, in these woods.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:05 am

Post 52

"You two lovebirds done? You're googoo eyes are making me sick! Just fuck and get it over with already!"

Sil stopped dead in her tracks as Cass' angry bellow of a voice echoed out over the acres of spoiled farmland, her body going rigid. Wh... WHAT. Her mind replayed the words over and over as she turned around to see him, his livid demeanor evident on his pouting, irate face. Hannibal, though taken aback as well, seemed to recover a lot more than Sil did. As she reeled, he came up with a cool, calm reply, “Is something the matter, Cassius?”

Indeed, Sil wanted to know as well, but... the accusation that she had actually been flirting with that mangy, emaciated mutt... She had just returned to her parent's bodies, buried them under a pile of rubble that had once been her childhood home... She had just gone through a lot; what the hell did Cassius think she was doing FLIRTING with a fucking PSYCHOPATH right after she'd committed emotional FUCKING SUICIDE?! Her thoughts ran with her growing bubbling anger, and it showed in her eyes and stance. And she'd been pissed when Hannibal made some off-hand remark; but at least he had the decency to not fucking pout about it! Hell, maybe she'd have to toss him, too!

She stamped back over to Cassius, her face quickly mere inches from his own. "...Run that by me again?" she growled, daring Cassius, her voice dangerous. "Who the fuck do you think you are, huh? I just buried my past, brought it down with my own four hooves and you think I'm fucking flirting with the same guy that's more likely to cook my ass to medium rare than fuck it?" Her eyes narrowed, not backing down. "Fuck. You." She gave an indignant snort, then whirled back around and continued after Kinah.

Yeah.

Fuck that guy.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:14 pm

C(46)/K(71)

"...Run that by me again?" Cassius didn't even budge as the female came up to him glaring daggers, shooting his own condescending look at her approach. "Who the fuck do you think you are, huh? I just buried my past, brought it down with my own four hooves and you think I'm fucking flirting with the same guy that's more likely to cook my ass to medium rare than fuck it?" Rolling his eyes at her so called 'pain' the Zebstrika huffed, waiting for her dramatics to be over. "Fuck. You."

"I think the mutt beat me to that one cupcake. After all, who knows what took you two so long in the barn while I spilled my life blood all over the earth. Thanks for that by the way. But for all we know he could have cooked that ass more ways then one by now, right?" Standing his ground he waited for Sil to respond but soon found himself dropped to the ground by a very pissed off fighting type. "That's enough!" she growled out, sitting on top of the downed equine even as he whinnied in pain, shooting a glare to Sil as well. "Both of you."

Getting up and dusting herself off she looked to the three complete and utter children she was reduced to traveling with and contemplated ditching this group as well. "I can't take anymore of this stupid bullshit. I left on love triangle only to end up in another one so guess what? I am going to lay everyone's cards on the table." Taking a deep breath Kinah pointed a paw at the first she was going to address. "Sil, Pony Boy is in love with you." Her paw moved to another victim. "Hannibal, Pony Boy thinks you are in love with Doe. And Pony Boy..." One last movement had her clenching a fist and knocking said pony over the head. "You're a fucking IDIOT. There, everyone feel better now?! FUCK."

Throwing her arms up in exasperation she left the group to deal with their own issues and made herself comfortable in one of the higher branches of a tree to calm down.

((lol, Kinah angry.))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Sil's Farm House || Afternoon [46]

“...Run that by me again?"

Hannibal couldn’t silence the laugh that followed, watching as Sil’s furious onslaught began – a devilish grin crawling over his slender maw. This was just too good. If the doe’s temper wasn’t enough entertainment on its own, it was seeing this new venomous side to her hapless admirer that put the cherry on the cake. Cassius really cared that much? The idea of love was almost a foreign concept to the hound, his dark eyes curiously observing each minute twitch of anger in the Zebstrika’s features to catch glimpse of the raw emotion beneath. Needless to say, Casanova did a good job of disguising it with his own furious tongue.

“But for all we know he could have cooked that ass more ways then one by now, right?”

Flinching away from the male’s words with feigned pain, the Houndoom shook his head disapprovingly.
    “Such vulgarity,” He muttered aloud, genuinely opposed to all the sudden accusations of some secret relationship with the doe. Admittedly, he had salvaged a certain interest in the female – adopting a strange connection to her at the sight of her home’s destruction, but he remained adamant it was nothing more than an emotional blip. It would pass. And yet, he still couldn’t bring himself to honestly say he was prepared to kill her – to kill any of them for that matter. Despite his ongoing hunger, they were just too much fun.

"That's enough! Both of you."

Giving another cruel chuckle as Kinah launched herself at the braying idiot, effectively silencing their argument with her own flaring temper. He smiled as he watched her dust herself off, her expression speaking volumes as he soon silenced himself, content in grinning like a Cheshire.
    “Finally,” Hannibal purred thankfully, partially relieved that his headache would be granted a moment’s rest from all this unnecessary shouting. However, it was sad to see the day’s show was drawing to a close. “The voice of reason,”

With her patience obviously wearing thin, Hannibal listened attentively as she shed light on the situation with her characteristic curtness, smiling all the while. He sidled past the bickering lovers just as the fighter sought refuge in the nearest tree, the hound keen to keep emotions up. It distracted him from his own inner turmoil.

Intentionally brushing a fraction too close to Sil’s form as he limped past, Hannibal’s crimson eyes remained unmoving from Cassius, daring him to react. When he reached the zebra, he took a moment to admire the facial injury on closer inspection before whispering menacingly in his ear. Hannibal, Pony Boy thinks you are in love with Doe.

“…Who say’s I’m not?”

With a sigh, Hannibal carried on past the duo, grinning to himself as he lay down beneath Kinah’s tree – watching from afar.
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Sil's farm House | Afternoon (48)

Aegis shuffled his feet awkwardly. What had he got himself into indeed... With all the tension between these characters, he was starting to consider escape as a possibility. They were honestly fighting this much amongst themselves, when the world was as fucked up as it was? It was unthinkable to him. Here they sat, arguing about love triangles and misunderstandings, while out in the world the Undead slowly, but brutally, murdered the living. For all he knew, the Undead would eventually outnumber the living, and yet, here they were. Arguing.

When Kinah blew up, Aegis huffed audibly. This attitude was infectious. With the Hound stirring up trouble the way he was, Aegis would be surprised if it came to blows relatively soon. He backed up in preparation. As much as it pained him to see inner fighting such as this, he did not want to be a part of it. His body was not made for argument-fights. He was as likely to kill as he was to bruise, and he had no intentions of doing either to this particular group. He would try to stop them fighting if it came to that, but for the moment he would continue observing. He needed to know what was really going on under the surface of this group if he was going to remain with them, after all.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Post 53

"I think the mutt beat me to that one cupcake." Sil's eyes widened more, the callous off-hand remark slapping her full in the face. "After all, who knows what took you two so long in the barn while I spilled my life blood all over the earth. Thanks for that by the way. But for all we know he could have cooked that ass more ways then one by now, right?" She nearly exploded right then and there, her fury nearly causing an aneurism. Her hooves scored the ground as she pumped her head and antlers, silently daring Cassius to say one more fucking word. But before she could gut Cassius, Kinah stepped in herself, apparently as done with the whole thing as Sil was herself.

"That's enough!" she cried, sending both parties an angry glare. "Both of you." While Sil only reluctantly obeyed, Hannibal chimed in quietly nearby, “Finally.” Sil turned quickly to see the calm hound graciously embracing the chaotic argument. The doe glared down at him, his easy tranquility setting her anger off even more. “The voice of reason.”

"I can't take anymore of this stupid bullshit. I left on love triangle only to end up in another one so guess what? I am going to lay everyone's cards on the table." Taking in a deep breath to ready herself, Kinah began by pointing a paw right to Sil's face. "Sil, Pony Boy is in love with you." Her paw moved to another victim. "Hannibal, Pony Boy thinks you are in love with Doe. And Pony Boy..." One last movement had her clenching a fist and knocking said pony over the head. "You're a fucking IDIOT. There, everyone feel better now?! FUCK."

Stunned beyond comprehension, Sil's emerald eyes shot to Cassius, who was currently getting abused by the still very perturbed Kinah. He... was... WHAT?! But... how... wh... Her confusion ran rampant in her mind as she tried to make sense of it all when Hannibal chimed in and completely ruined all logic.

“…Who say’s I’m not?”

Whoa. No. Stop. Done. Sil nearly had a stroke with all the raging emotions within her, and Hannibal's little cherry on top broke her, mind and soul. Stomping her hoof hard on the ground, she let loose a strangled cry of frustration, rage and confusion, rearing up and flinging her antlered head every which way. Panting hard with the fury, her eyes once more settled on Cassius. Oh, Hannibal would get his, but this was the ass that instigated all of this bullshit. And, he was also the closest.

"FUCK YOU, CASSIUS!" she roared, her voice straining with the ferocity of her cry. "Fuck the both of you right in the ground with a rusted fucking pike!" She glared hard at the zebra, eyes wild with an anger so intense, she looked rabid. "How-- you-- you fucking git! There aren't even words to describe how much of an ASS you are, for saying the things you did-- for ACCUSING me of the things you did, and you-- you--" Her voice broke, her eyes began to well up with tears; tears of what, she didn't know nor care, but she fought them to keep from appearing weak. She had just gone through this. She'd just sealed away that pain not a fucking hour ago... and some jealous asswipe manages to undo the work.

"You... are disgusting, Cassius, you... you fucking wretch. Not everyone around here thinks with their fucking dick, unlike SOME people. I never wanted you, nor some scrawny stick with teeth! It's not even fucking important now, and yet you stand here and call me a goddamn slut, even though it's none of your fucking business?! I didn't even do anything! Maybe some of that shrapnel got lodged in your fucking brain-- it'd at least give you an excuse to be so goddamn retarded!" Heaving, panting quickly, she turned away soon after to prevent herself from shoving her antlers right into Cassius' goddamn mouth.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:57 pm

C(47)/K(72)

“…Who say’s I’m not?”

Fire lit in Cash's eyes at Hannibal's words and before he could get over there and pound on the stupid mutt Sil was in his face. "FUCK YOU, CASSIUS!" For the first time since he met her Sil had managed to get his name right, and the full name for that matter. It was enough to catch his attention but the distraction was only temporary. "Fuck the both of you right in the ground with a rusted fucking pike! How-- you-- you fucking git! There aren't even words to describe how much of an ASS you are, for saying the things you did-- for ACCUSING me of the things you did, and you-- you--" Even as Sil began to cry Cassius began to realize that he was too angry to care. Who the fuck cared if she cried until she dried up and withered like the pathetic plant that she was?

"I call 'em like I see 'em toots. You go around prancing like you are tough shit but really all you want is some mutt to tell you what to do and to know when to bend you over. It's sick."

"You... are disgusting, Cassius, you... you fucking wretch. Not everyone around here thinks with their fucking dick, unlike SOME people. I never wanted you, nor some scrawny stick with teeth! It's not even fucking important now, and yet you stand here and call me a goddamn slut, even though it's none of your fucking business?! I didn't even do anything! Maybe some of that shrapnel got lodged in your fucking brain-- it'd at least give you an excuse to be so goddamn retarded!"

Never wanted you. Those words stung worse than any insult she could hurl, and in fact most of what she said faded into the background of those terrible words. The master playboy had been...played. For the first time in his life he allowed himself to become attached, to actually think that something could happen, and it was thrown back in his face. Was this what all those girl felt? Everyone he had ever done this to? Well if it was it really sucked. She tried to turn around and get away after her vicious rant but there was no way in hell he was going to let that happen. Surrounding himself in his Flame Charge he raced in front of her and blocked her path, lowering his head and scoring the ground before trying to drive her back.

Never wanted you.
    Never wanted you.
    Never...

“…Who say’s I’m not?”

Hannibal had to do it, didn't he? Kinah watched as that one sentence completely destroyed any semblance of peace that could possibly remain in the group and within moments Cassius and Sil were at it. She couldn't help but glare at the canine as he came closer to her, betrayal and anger clearly written on her face as she mentally scolded herself for thinking better of the Houndoom. Dropping herself from the tree she landed next to the muzzled mutt who had come to rest just below her and had to stop herself from just bashing in his skull. Grinding her teeth she settled for verbal threats, for now.

"I hope you're happy," she all but snarled. "Everyone here is now as miserable as you. But that's what you wanted, isn't it? Here you even had me thinking there was more to you than this, but seems I was wrong wasn't I?" Kinah let out a heavy sigh, emotions she didn't care to wrestle with fighting their way to the surface. Someone had to do something soon or they were going to lose one or both of the ungulate creatures. Muttering under her breath and fools and a few choice curses she made her way over to the row, unleashing her fire Hidden Power to grab their attention.

"If you two would be so kind as to knock it the hell off? You're going to grab us the wrong kind of attention." Cassius broke away from his aggressive stance to eye Kinah before snorting loudly. "You don't have to worry. I was just leaving." With a spiteful look to Sil he began to march his way back towards the bridge until Kinah grabbed his tail and pulled him to the ground. "Sit your ass down moron." Shaking her loose the Zebstrika rose back to his feet and reared, nearly striking Kinah in the face. She stumbled and fell backwards in surprise, shock written on her face that Pony Boy would even have it in him. "Back off bitch! No one said I had to stay with this group of losers so if you don't mind I am going to find my own way. Who gives a fuck about the rest of you?" Kinah could only stare.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Sil's Farm House || Afternoon [47]

Hannibal was more shocked than anything at the explosive intensity of Sil’s anger. Four little words and the argument boiled over to leave opportunity for a full-blown battle. The Houndoom wore a smug grin, glad to have effectively recovered from his own emotional outburst moments earlier. To think he had felt guilt for this. This was a show; a display of how useless emotion could destroy them all in one fell swoop. If the infernal noise wasn’t about to lure the undead, it seemed that the bickering lovers would happily dispose of one another this very moment. Hannibal, although proud of his ‘study’ into the vulnerability of the heart, was still conscious of his muzzled state. Were the undead to swarm, he was, as always, limited to close-combat. With his latest injury courtesy of the riled doe, he knew such a battle wouldn’t swing in his favour. Perhaps a moments rest in the verbal spout wouldn’t go amiss.

"I hope you're happy,"

Kinah appeared beside him, the canine calmly turning to regard the fighter with a wicked grin all but concealed by the muzzle.
    “Perfectly,” Hannibal purred quickly, his dark eyes returning back to hatred overwhelming the quadrupeds. He might’ve added that he did take some offence to the way in which Cassius spoke so crudely of him, but the Mienshao offered no such opportunity. She embraced her own bitterness, scolding him for his callous ways. The Houndoom scoffed in response, surprised that the female had summed up his existence in a way that surpassed his own definition.

As the female left, forced to quell the fast-escalating drama, Hannibal thought on her words. She had seen more to him? What else was there to see? Surely it was an option between nought but a broken man or the demon that had risen to conceal him. There was no purity, no sense of hope left in the hound’s emaciated form. But apparently, Kinah had seen something, something worth trying to save.

"Back off bitch! No one said I had to stay with this group of losers so if you don't mind I am going to find my own way. Who gives a fuck about the rest of you?"

His thoughts were interrupted by Cassius’ shouting and more surprisingly, his attempt at kicking Kinah in the face. Whilst Hannibal was by no means opposed to violence, he could see the situation rapidly spiralling out of control. It seemed the zebra had far more demons that he’d anticipated, his anger infecting everyone within a radius as Hannibal too found himself grumbling in annoyance. If even Kinah couldn’t control such a monstrous, rare temper, the hound knew that perhaps he could – venting was the only method he knew. Unsure why he felt inclined to assist and prevent the male’s immediate departure, Hannibal persuaded himself that it was a matter of sustaining a source of entertainment for the future. Not the mention his penchant for the species’ meat. Of course, it was nothing to do with Sil’s tears.

”Cassius,” Hannibal had risen to his feet, limping to stand a little ways from the ugly scene. “You’re weak. You face one problem in your sheltered little life and you run away. You kick up a fuss, break your girl’s heart and just flee… like a coward,” He spat the word, though remained perfectly calm. “Well, I offer an alternative. You fight your problem – you fight me,” The hound had limped dangerously close to the enraged creature, whispering his final threat in a voice destined for Cassius’ ears only. “If you leave, no one can save Sil. I will kill her…”

(( Phoe, you're more than welcome to have Cass attack Hannibal. :3 ))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:10 am

Post 54

"If you two would be so kind as to knock it the hell off? You're going to grab us the wrong kind of attention." Kinah scolded after firing a round of what looked to be a fiery Hidden Power. It was enough of a distraction to cause Sil to flinch away, but Cass remained undaunted. "You don't have to worry. I was just leaving." He cast the sawsbuck a dirty glare, to which she happily supplied back to him in reply, and the horse began to march off. Then, in what almost seemed as predictable, Kinah went to sit the damn guy back down for another dose of Reality and Logic. "Sit your ass down moron." However, it looked that even Cass had had enough and bucked, nearly striking Kinah in the face. Sil's eyes widened at the attack, aghast.

"Back off bitch! No one said I had to stay with this group of losers so if you don't mind I am going to find my own way. Who gives a fuck about the rest of you?"

Sil snorted and tossed her antlers a little, her aggression not yet run its full course just yet. No, Cass always seemed to find a way to revive it. "She just saved you from blindness and you try and kick her in the fucking face?!" The comment seemed to go unnoticed, though, as Hannibal's soft but stern voice commanded the floor.

”Cassius,” Hannibal had risen to his feet, limping to stand a little ways from the ugly scene. “You’re weak. You face one problem in your sheltered little life and you run away. You kick up a fuss, break your girl’s heart and just flee… like a coward.” He spat the word out like a bad taste. “Well, I offer an alternative. You fight your problem – you fight me.”

Sil's eyes rolled into her head, the utter ridiculousness of the scene nearly causing an anuerism. Really-- even Hannibal wanted to get in on this fight? Whatever. What the fuck ever. Dismissing the entire scene, she shook her head and went toward Kinah. Apathy once more settling in, she sought out the only reason and logic that was nearby. "You both deserve each other," she growled out to the two males. "Have at it. Fuck you both. I'm done." She then sat beside Kinah in an exhausted heap, already done with the day. She hadn't meant to start all these problems-- she hadn't even realized how Cass had felt. Maybe if she'd known? Maybe something would be different? Maybe if she hadn't been pushed over the edge, she would have acted differently, and these two wouldn't be staring each other down in what could only be described as a dick war? Whatever. She tiredly watched on, helpless to stop whatever was about to come.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:40 pm

C(48)/K(73)

”Cassius,” The Zebstrika “You’re weak. You face one problem in your sheltered little life and you run away. You kick up a fuss, break your girl’s heart and just flee… like a coward,” That fucker! He knew nothing about him! Cassius hadn't been pampered like some pet his entire life he had fought for what he had! He had earned his place as an elite battler! It was all that girl's fought for dragging him down this far. Her's and Sil's!

“Well, I offer an alternative. You fight your problem – you fight me,” As Hannibal limped closer his voice got dangerously low and even the zebra had trouble hearing him. “If you leave, no one can save Sil. I will kill her…” But that he heard loud and clear. Angrily rearing up he tried to stomp Hannibal's treacherous head in before his fur lit up with the static from a Thunderbolt.

"You sick fuck! I'll do more than fight you- I'll kill you!" Sending his Thunderbolt forwards he gave on warning strike to the ground right beside the the canine before charging up another one. "You don't know my life. I have fought my entire life. What, you think I rare candied this evolution? Grow up. I was a trainer Pokemon and fought my way all the way through the Elite Four you bastard! I have known battle my whole life!" Another shot of electricity, fur bristling with static.

"It wasn't until I was given to my trainer's granddaughter that she started putting frilly shit in my hair and making prance around on a stage with a bunch of retards. I hated that girl. I let her fucking die along with all the rest of them! I saw what was coming and I fucking left. So don't you dare act like I don't have the balls to take you on you sick fuck. I will take the pleasure of your death for myself!"

Kinah watched in horror as electricity began to fly, Cassius more than pissed at whatever Hannibal had said to him. Sil had tried getting through to them but it seemed like it had gone unheard, the female sitting beside her. She looked at the other female and then at the two males and realized the same thing Sil had. There was no stopping them. Curling her legs to her chest she made herself into a ball as she watched them dual, sighing heavily as she realized that Cassius likely would have an advantage despite his eye thanks to the Houndoom's injured leg.

"Should we even try to stop them?" she asked the Sawsbuck beside her. "Or do you think they will even hear us at this point?" Plucking a stick of grass Kinah casually put the end of it in her mouth and lightly chewed on the end, not really sure what else to do that wouldn't get her killed. "We can just leave them here if you want. I'm good either way. Though if we stay I will probably have to patch up the winner." Death was a natural part of this world now, and it looked like the duo wanted to kill each other. It saddened her but at this point...

What else was there?
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:54 am

Sil's Farm House || Afternoon [48]

"You sick fuck! I'll do more than fight you- I'll kill you!"

Well, it seemed to have done the trick. Hannibal was truly surprised at the weapon words could prove; a few empty threats and all eyes were on him. It was almost funny. Yet the canine had no opportunity to snicker, instead narrowly dodging the hooves seeking out his head. He slipped to one side, cursing at the pain shooting up his leg as he faced the enraged Zebstrika. Hannibal was enlightened to an uncanny talent of hitting a nerve, it seemed he just had a way to bring out the ugly side in people – then again, he’d had plenty years of practice.

"It wasn't until I was given to my trainer's granddaughter that she started putting frilly shit in my hair and making prance around on a stage with a bunch of retards. I hated that girl. I let her fucking die along with all the rest of them! I saw what was coming and I fucking left. So don't you dare act like I don't have the balls to take you on you sick fuck. I will take the pleasure of your death for myself!”

As Cassius mindlessly poured out his life story, Hannibal dedicated those few moments to dodging the warning bursts of electricity sent his way. It was a surprising twist. The Houndoom had never expected the zebra to have come from a battling background, soon realizing that in light of such news the inevitable stand-off was going to be particularly painful. Still, it wasn’t anything the hound hadn’t experienced before.
    “Good luck,” He huffed, smiling almost wickedly at the threat. “You wouldn’t be the first to try,” Back in the ring, Hannibal had been often considered undefeatable– proving himself a damn bastard to kill as countless opponents fell beneath his determination. He was a dirty fighter, sneaky, and yet it was the confidence of his foes that sealed their fate. A high pain tolerance would often leave the slender hound victorious against even the largest enemy, the power of words as dangerous as his jaws.

But of course, times had changed. He’d grown deathly slim, malnourished, his leg was wounded and of course, the muzzle was still strapped cruelly to his head. Standing against an infuriated, hardened battler such as Cassius in such a vulnerable state was suicidal – and Hannibal knew it. This was going to hurt.

The canine had learnt that the first hit was always the worst. The Houndoom couldn’t silence the agonized snarl that followed, the Thunderbolt snapping ruthlessly at every nerve in his body as he was rendered totally immobile for a moment, the intensity of the pain literally shocking. He heaved a great breath, spindly legs threatening to break beneath him until he saw another burst heading his way. Biting back the pain, he leapt to one side, stumbling with his weakened leg to only narrowly catch himself from falling.
    “Hardened battler?” Hannibal repeated breathless. “You weren’t lying there,” He chuckled darkly at his own expense, alert for further advances. As a precaution, a concentrated Flamethrower soon flew from his jaws – limited by the muzzle yet succeeding in creating a temporary fiery barrier between them. It spread quickly, the canine taking the opportunity to confess a little of his own gloomy history in the lingering protection. He’d left these people in the dark long enough; it was only fair he enlightened Cassius to his own battling experience.

“You know, I used to do a bit of battling myself – I was quite good at it, actually. I had to be, else I wouldn’t be here today. I didn’t do it for sport though. Oh no I wasn't allowed such a luxury. It was my life,” Standing there, his form illuminated by the flames, Hannibal looked unusually serene. He wouldn’t fight, but merely awaited Cassius’ next move.
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:08 pm

Sil's Farm House | Afternoon (49)
    Aegis was petrified.

The argument had escalated. That was putting it mildly. He stood wide eyed at Sil's sudden onslaught of insults. This wasn't just a few comrades fighting over a small dispute. This was quickly becoming something far more extreme. Something far more dangerous. Aegis mentally scolded himself for not trying to stop it earlier. But then, what could he have done? Who would have listened? He was just a newcomer, someone still on thin ice as far as any of the others were likely concerned. He had no intention of getting in the middle of the fight now, of course. He didn't want to be expelled from the group, or worse. When the Hound mentioned fighting, Aegis's eyes widened even more. They would even do that? Here? Now? It saddened him to no end that two living creatures were willing to kill each other so simply, when there were likely hundreds and thousands of survivors out there about to die to the epidemic. Tragedy.

When the first shot of electricity flew out of Cassius, Aegis jumped backwards. No sense staying too close, of course. Nothing he could say or do would stop them now. Hell, nothing anyone said would likely stop them now. Quickly looking around, he located Sil and Kinah, and quickly made for their general area. The two seemed to be speaking, so he didn't intrude. He stood off to the side. Again. When the flames began to appear from the Hound, Aegis shook his head. "Cassius may be in for a bit of a shock..." He thought aloud, forgetting that the other two may hear him. He hated to admit it, but that dog looked like he could be holding back some intense firepower. And he had the intent and discipline it took to kill. A shudder passed through Aegis's spine. Will he be able to stop at just one, if it comes to that? The answer, perhaps, frightened him more than the question.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:28 pm