Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+6
Baloo
Jay
renegade
Abysswalker
Snitch
Negative10
10 posters

The VERDANTURF Team

Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

The VERDANTURF Team - Page 3 Empty Re: The VERDANTURF Team

Post by Jay Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:09 am

[ooc: Thanks to Opti for the picture! ;3;]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Route 117 | Evening
    [1]
    The tiger-like Pokemon slowly stumbled out of the forest and into a clearing, collapsing as his legs gave-way under his weight. Xander, a fairly quiet Arcanine, was weak and sore, for he had been traveling for days with no rest. It surprised himself that he had that amount of stamina. His now dirty fur felt scratchy, and the pads on his paws were worn. Never in his life had he felt this much pain... physically.

The room was black, water was over the floor... was it water? Xander didn't know, nor did he care. His only thought was to find Jessie.
    Chloe... gone... John... gone...
    He ran though the house frantically, the shadows could of taken her... No. He forced the idea out of his head. It could of been much worse. A familiar smell floated past his sensitive nose.
    He turned his head towards the left corner of the small, wooden house. Wind blew harshly against his head as he walked towards the figure that lay frozen in the dark. The first thing that caught his eye made him let out a terrible, horrified scream.
    Jess.

Xander's eyes felt droopy.
    No, I can't fall asleep now... I have to find Chloe, or John, anyone...
    The fire type let out a yelp in pain as he got to his paws. He began to rub his forehead with the paw that doesn't give off huge jolts of pain, feeling the red bandanna that has been with him since he was but a Growlithe.

"Arashi."

Xander turned his head towards the small voice, and was astonished to what he saw.

Pokemon that are... alive...?

[ooc: I have no clue how to start, I hope this was okay :<]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:11 pm

((Please skip me, I'm really, REALLY tired and don't really have much to say. Just say that Arashi was happy that Fennix wasn't hurt then started to pet her head, like a mother does to there child to comfurt them.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Route 117 | Evening

The giant bug left so abruptly that to me a few minutes to figure out just why the hell it left in the first place, and while it sucks that I’m gonna miss all the fun I was going to have with that insane bug, if it was gonna go raging all over the place, then better off not having it around. At least the crying from that flareon stopped….I’m cool with the tears and stuff, but the whinny sobbing noise some of them do if the crying gets worse gets on my nerves. I get it, you’re sad; I don’t need to have a constant moaning and groaning to constantly tell me that.

I don’t know what’s up that arcanine’s ass, but something is up with it. She practically spat out her question to me trying to make it sound pleasant, almost as if it was one of the lowest things she could think to do but was what she needed to do. That sort of shit annoyed me, if she had some beef with me, just tell me to my face, all the deceiving and talking behind people’s back is for humans, pokemon should be better than that. It wasn’t enough to make me mad, but it was annoying, so I did the only reasonable thing, I made the atmosphere worse by answering in the same gritting manner with the same fake pleasantries. “Well, if you’re asking Arcanine, It’s Kami.”

But that didn’t last long, the invisible powerful neon sign that attracts so many pokemon to their location brought another one. It was practically the spitting image of this ‘Dawnfang’ chic. At least it was to me, the furry ones all tend to look the same after a while, luckily this one was a male, and he had a red band around his forehead. Speaking of which, that girl arcanine had a red scarf around her neck, I was beginning to think there was this weird red fashion statement going around….

“Hey Dawny! Look, it’s like someone cloned you or something. You think this one was made after you? Hmm, wonder what they fixed in him….HEY CLONE-Y! WHICH SCIENTISTS MADE YOU?”

Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Route 117 | Evening
    [6]

“Hey Dawny! Look, it’s like someone cloned you or something. You think this one was made after you?" Oh, for Groudon's sake, that Kamitsu or whatever is on it once more. The Arcanine felt her anger rise when he called her 'Dawny' of all things, but come on, a clone? Dawnfang would admit that it was odd seeing how he wore red apparel as she did, but they were no way close to being identical! Huffing out a puff of smoke in annoyance at the Castform's quips, the fire type stared long and hard at the other Arcanine.

It was almost as if she were staring at a mirror, but gender-swapped and without her red leather band. Just to show that she was the dominant Arcanine around the place, Dawnfang rose her chin and flicked her tail out, making a rather worthy-looking pose. It was a little odd staring right into another Arcanine's face when she herself was one, but the fire type would force herself to get used to it. Because, fuck! This is creeping me out. Ruffling her fur, the Legendary Pokemon stepped back and sat down comfortably in the bright sun's rays, looking at her teammates.

Arashi was patting the little puppy of a Flareon like it were a bouncing ball, and although in short Dawnfang herself would not do that, it was entirely endearing. I guess being with these Pokemon isn't so bad after all. Kami was being that arrogant bitch that he was normally, getting all up in the other Arcanine's business. After licking her paw and listening to the Castform's quips, Dawnfang rose once more and spoke with an edge to her voice. "I am really getting irritated of your voice, you know that? Actually, I'm sick of it!

"Can you shut up for just one moment, Kami?" The large dog prowled over to a tree stump ('Arceus' had broken it down for her), leaping up onto it and looking back at the weather ghost Pokemon thing, growling with unhidden dislike, before bringing her gaze over to the Arcanine. "And you! What's your name?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:19 am

Route 117 | Evening (4)

Fennix almost purred as Arashi gently petted her on the head in a comforting kind of feeling. Fennix sighed gently and looked to the others who had started to talk loudly at each other and then another Arcanine came into the group. Her eyes widened at him and she bounded over to him timidly. Trying to think of the right words, she looked down towards the ground. "M-my name is Fennix. What's yours?" Her words came out shakily but they were there and her eyes beamed proudly.

Last edited by Blitzstrike on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Route 117//Late Evening
    [12]

Arashi stopped petting the little Flareons head when she bounded off to greet a new face. It was another Arcanine, but it seemed to look a lot nicer then the one they already met. The Shinx smiled as he stood up, picking his oddly shaped rock up in his mouth again. The Cloud thing was being a pain by saying it was a clone, how dumb can one be... what was a clone anyway? Rather then thinking about it he just walked over to the male arcanine, looking up at it, his eyes wide in aww. "I'm Arashi." He said through his mouth of stone. He flicked his tail, indicating that he wished to know the new comers name as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:14 pm

((just skip me for now, Kami is bewildered by the "clones"))
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:37 pm

[ooc: :( skip. I was stalling to see if Arcanine would be able to get on...]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Route 117 | Late Evening (5)

Fennix smiled to Arashi who also asked the name of the new Arcanine. She suddenly wondered if she looked alright. When she was still accepted into her family of Eevee's, she remembered vaguely about how important it was to look your best. Licking her paw, she brought it to her ear gently not really knowing how to groom herself properly since she was still at the age where her mother should be doing it. Still, she did the best she could to wipe the bits of dirt from her pelt as she waited for the new Arcanine to speak.
    Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Jay Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:39 am

(Please skip me. So sorry. Please just say the Xander is staring at you all with a blank expression.)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:33 pm

((Please skip me for now. Sorry.))
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Route 117 | Evening
    [7]

Dawnfang's fur bristled as the other Arcanine simply didn't answer at all, didn't even bother to say that he didn't want to give out his name. No, the unnamed Arcanine simply stood there like a dumbass! The female Arcanine bit back a sharp retort, instead glaring daggers at the other fire type in silence. Messed up little... Why, if she had the chance, Dawnfang would certainly do some action to teach this disgraced Legendary Pokemon about being respectful! She flicked her tail aggressively, hoping that the silent Arcanine would learn that his incompetence did not go off unscathed.

The tiger-lion hybrid of a Pokemon noticed that another of their little troupe had gone off and disappeared; that miserable Castform, Kami. Erecting her ears to see if she could catch whispers of his verbal onslaught, but no such thing came, and Dawnfang began to believe that he had truly just vanished without a trace. Ridiculous. Things like that never happened -that horrid ghost had probably floated away, snickering to himself and at how he had fooled her once more. Damn you!

Snorting, Dawnfang turned her head towards Arashi. “So.” She barked, glaring once more at other-Arcanine. “What now?” They had braved a nasty first encounter, a nasty Drapion who thought too highly of herself, and a Castform whose mouth had no limits. It was stupid. Why was she helping these Pokemon out, when she could be bounding across the land so easily? Why should she be brought down by others when helping only yourself was easier? The questions flew into her head, but they came out answered so simply. It was because she fucking cared.

She hated to admit it, but Dawnfang consulted to herself that it was true. She had always strived to do something, to do more than what was necessary. If she faced a challenge, then yes, Dawnfang was certain she’d face it. The Arcanine then turned her body fully once more to face the unnamed fire type. “I ask you this again; what is your name?”
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:16 pm

[OOC: I don't really want to skip but I honestly don't see anything for Fennix to do. So please skip me.]
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:33 pm

[Route 117/ Evening]

How long had it been? Kibo wasn't sure anymore. He made his way to Hoenn to find Baloo and he was tired. Too many infected and too little time it seemed. Kibo's ears twitched a little. Did he hear voices? He grabbed his scalchop and slowly crept forward. All he saw was a big lion-dog Pokemon. "A legendary" he squeaked happily. The thought of making the perfect bento for this Pokemon raced in his mind as he went over to introduce himself.

((OOC How was that?))

Last edited by Baloo on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Workin the center thinger)
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Verdanturf City | Evening(1)

Fraja exited Rusturf tunnel and took in a big breath of the fresh, clean air. This was the first time in a while she had tasted fresh air or seen sunlight. "I didn't realize how much I missed it..." she mused to herself. She stepped out into the evening light, filling herself with the sun's fading warm. When she was satisfied, she continued to venture into town.

Just like everywhere else, it was trashed and abandoned. Every sign of life had been snuffed out, save for the still beautiful grass. The houndoom sighed sadly. No hints of her master's whereabout would be here. The best thing now would be to move on.

Route 117 | Evening

With the sun now lower, the woods were quickly turning dark. Fraja smirked to herself. She preferred darkness. It concealed her perfectly from potential danger, and did not make her jewerly shine like beacons as the sun does. For these few hours, she wouldn't have to worry as much. She walked ahead quietly but swiftly, constantly surveying her surroundings.

This area had a pattern to it. Trees, clearing with flowers, trees, water. Somewhat uniform. It was this pattern's break that alerted the dog to the presence of fellow living. Her heart nearly skipped a beat. This was the first time in what felt like ages she had seen some! She had to make a move, but not one that would startle them into attacking her.

"Hello, I'm glad to see you are all well," she began smoothly, "My name is Fraja and I-" she began, but was quickly cut off by the angry roar of an unsavory looking granbull.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:41 am

Route 117//Late Evening
    [13]

The new arcanine didn't do much to give his name, so Arashi just looked away and walking over to the lack and placed his oddly shaped stone down. He knew he couldn't carry it in his mouth everywhere, so he needed something that he could use so that he could carry it around his neck, like something, though what?

The Shinx looking around for something he could use and spotted just what he needed, a piece of string, though it was half blooded, it was easy to wash off in the pond. He dipped it in a few times and watched as the blood flowed off of it till it was back to being a plain black string.

The trick part was tying it onto the stone then getting it around his neck, but all was good once it was. He stood up and jumped around a bit to be sure the stone wasn't going to fall off if he was running from infected, and sure enough, it was tightly fastened. Not back for someone with paws. He praised himself as he smiled when he stopped jumping.

"Hello, I'm glad to see you are all well." Arashi turned his head to see another pokemon he didn't know, and if he did, he just didn't remember. "My name is Fraja and I-" She was cut off by some sort of roar and turned around to yet another unknown pokemon to the Shinx, but it looked like a dog.

Arashi let out a hiss as he saw it was undead, and he sadly didn't catch what it said, but it sounded angry. He wanted to call out to it and tell it to repeat what it said if it said anything at all, but he didn't want to anger it more then it already was.
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:19 pm

[ooc: well, the other Arcanine went into inactivity so... And that’s a good post, Baloo! :D]
    Route 117 | Evening
    [8]

Okay, now Dawnfang was pissed off, but with a hefty grumble, she settled herself. Her ‘clone’ had run off without too much difficulty, not even bidding a goodbye, preferring to leave as if they hadn’t even seen him. What a fucking lie! Raising her head gallantly, the Arcanine brushed away the rudeness of his cowardly act - the first needed action at the moment was to gather themselves. The little Arashi had gone off to do his own agenda, and huffing to herself, Dawnfang set herself to work. And there’s plenty to do...

The first thing that she needed to do? I was always told that young ones came first. Softly padding up to the small little Flareon, Dawnfang tried her best to seem in the least somewhat approachable. She was never one to be mother-like, but the one thing she did know was protecting those near her; and that’s what she planned on doing. The Legendary Pokemon walked in a circle around the Flareon, curling up around her to make sure she was warm. Eugh. If her brother were alive and saw this, he would have been sure to make fun of it.

Dawnfang licked the top of the Flareon’s head though, admitting to herself that the Flame Pokemon was cute, innocent in her own little way. “Fennix, right? … You’ll be okay now.” After peace and calmness washed over the Arcanine after who knows how long, a weird little otter came up to her in excitement. Arching an eyebrow (however much an eyebrow that she had) in silent surprise, Dawnfang looked at the water type in speculation. “Um, hello there.”

Just when Dawnfang thought she had a grasp on the situation, more events just came along to continue on with her day. I do not need this... A Houndoom with magnificent adornments upon her came into sight, introducing herself with a calm attitude that her name was Fraja. By then, with all this calamity finally settling down, the Arcanine was actually getting rather sleepy. A siesta didn’t seem that bad right now! But no, she was Dawnfang, the Arcanine that would never catch a break.

"What are you all doing in my territory!?" The roar was so sudden, but with a silent smirk molding onto her face, Dawnfang easily jumped from her position around Fennix and placed her body to hover over both the otter and the tiny Flareon. This is more like it! Scraping her fore paw on the ground offensively, she glared as a rather messed-up Granbull raced into the scene, yelling his fucking face off. Ridiculous!

“Trying to avoid your hideous shit of a face, that’s what!” She replied angrily at the Granbull, embers collecting themselves in her maw. With one last glare, she swept her eyes to Fraja, then to Arashi. “Let’s tag team and surround this sucker.” After that set of directions, and assuring herself that both Fennix and that blue otter would be safe, Dawnfang brought her chin downward and charged forward, determined to aim an accurate Iron Head attack upon the ugly Granbull.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Route 117 | Evening (7)

Fennix didn't know what to think when the other Arcanine paid no attention to her so she sat where she was looking around curiously as other new Pokemon joined the small group and then something really surprising happened. Fennix wasn't really paying attention while Dawnfang padded over to her and wrapped her body around her. Fennix sat rigid for a few seconds but quickly relaxed as her memories took her back to how her mother was to her as an Eevee before her family shunned her. When Dawnfang began to groom her head and told everything would be okay, Fennix became overjoyed and exuberant. Without even thinking of it she bounced a little and turned to nuzzle into Dawnfang's chest fur happily with almost a purr. "Daawwnnfeengg." She did her best to say her name and smiled up at the beautiful Arcanine with her bright blue eyes. Turning back to the water type that appeared, Fennix hid herself in Dawnfang's fur and peered out at the strange blue Pokemon but before she could speculate things started happening quickly and she ran to the lake that Arashi was at and hid herself in a bush near it, shaking in fear of the monster she had seen from where she first was. "Monsters." she squeaked pitifully.
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:44 pm

[Route 117/ Evening]

Kibo smiled up at the big legendary before clearing his throat. "I am Kibo! Its a pleasure to meet you" he squeaked. Kibo gave the little Flareon a happy grin before frowning as it scampered off. He was about to continue when his hopes were smashed by the arrival of an Infected. "Don't worry! I'll protect you" he squeaked before drawing his scalchop.
    Kibo was waiting for the beast to make a move like big brother Baloo told him. He found some new uninfected friends and no darn Infected monster would take them away from him
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Route 117 | Evening(2)

While Fraja was relieved she had been accepted by the little group, she wasn't quite so happy about meeting up with this unsavoury granbull. “Let’s tag team and surround this sucker.” The arcanine seemed to be the one in charge. With a quick nod, Fraja joined her side.
    The arcanine attacked first with what looked like Iron Head. The undead dodged it with ease, and started to...flirt with her? Though it wasn't she who was being flirted with, Fraja couldn't help but feel disturbed. Ugh, I pity her... This wasn't time for analysis, though. Fraja stood to the side near the flareon. She would wait until there was a clear opening to attack. Once, the undead dog turned his attention towards the flareon beside her (Fraja growled at him in response) but then returned to bothering the arcanine.

He was focused on the legendary pokemon, electricity sparking from him. My chance! Fraja charged at him, prepared to use her Faint Attack.

((sorry for the shortness))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:18 am

Route 117 | Evening [1]

Grass crunched underneath the Dark-type's paws as he gave a low growl. The crisp evening air was filled with silence, silence... The Mightyena huffed, he expected food, prey, his sister. But what could he say? Even when you get the expected, the thrill would not be the same if it were to be, unexpected. Not that Duskfang ever cared, he never frankly gave a single damn over anything, if it was not related to his sister in any way. Duskfang sniffed the grass below him as he lowered his head next to the wet grass.

A familiar scent he noticed, he flickered his gaze from the patch of grass, to the right of him, and back. Not only was this scent recognizable, but it was a scent he truly yearned for; his sister, Dawnfang. He evilly grinned, 'Perfect.'
    Duskfang followed the scent, but hid in the trees in case the bitch planned on being unfair in battle, 'Like last time...' He snarled, 'thinking of such things will never get me to win, I must win. I must win.' The Mightyena lashed his tail out in defiance, 'And so I shall.'

As he stalked along the trees, he immediately made out the figure of his sister in the distance, she seemed like the pack leader of the unexpected group. They were up against a Granbull, who seemed like he was... Hitting on Dawnfang. Duskfang didn't know whether he should laugh or cry, whether it be a taunt or a simple way of flirting, it was... Horrifying, to ever think that anyone were to be interested in such a disgusting creature. And by disgusting creature, yes, his sister that he is refering to.
    Nonetheless, he stayed in his place of hiding, he was quite curious on whether the Arcanine even improved since last time, and he would have the upper-paw if he knew how the Fire-type played her moves.

A brilliant plan indeed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:17 am

((Sorry everyone, but I'm not feeling to good right now. Say Arashi nodded to Dawnfangs tag team idea and began to use charge to power up his Thunderbolt.))
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 pm

[ooc: I give permission to Ciana / Skyro to attack Dawnfang, but no blood! xDD]
    Route 117 | Evening
    [9]

"What's hangin', sweet cheeks?" Oh my fucking Arceus. Dawnfang rose her hackles in warning as that thing practically begged her to lay one on him. What a disgusting retard he must be to even attempt doing such a thing! The Arcanine raged within her mind, a small growl playing on her lips, even more so when Kibo charged into battle with a determined face; thankfully enough, the Granbull was focused wholly on her - although it was batshit creepy, it at least allowed Kibo safe passage. "Come on sweet heart, that all you got?" Arcedammit.

Dawnfang lashed her tail with great finesse, really beginning to get ticked off by this Granbull’s antics. “I beg to differ, hon.” The last word came out as a bark, and after tensing her leg tendons, threw herself in between the monster and the otter. Grabbing the water type softly by his neck, she pounced away with a soft thud next to Fennix and Arashi, placing Kibo next to them. “Don’t do anymore heroics, ‘kay?” Dawnfang said with a gentle voice - where in the world was she capable of having that? - then turning on her feet and feeling her eyes harden as the Granbull pompously walked around as if he owned the place. Well, newsflash fucker, you don’t!

The Arcanine was prepared to jump right back into the fray and kick that purple ass of Bulk over there, when she noticed that others were readying their own attacks. Right. These Pokemon that were with her, she had underestimated their use, not realizing how independent they could be. Sticking closer to the smaller Pokemon (that is, Fennix and Kibo), she huddled them closer together. “Arashi, aim towards its head.” His entire body seemed alight with electricity, Dawnfang nodded with a serious stature, glaring at the opposing Pokemon once more as she stood guard of the young ones.

She huffed expectantly, little embers falling from her maw. What a messed up day. Although she had found Arashi interesting with his quiet sense of authority (despite his small size), Fennix and Kibo endearing and overall innocent in a world where innocence was hard to come by, and Fraja rather off-putting, with her golden garments and all. Dawnfang allowed more of a flame to accumulate in her jaws, preparing a Fire Blast if defending the youngsters were needed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:09 pm