Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

The MEETING Team II (PLOT)

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

The MEETING Team II (PLOT) - Page 4 Empty Re: The MEETING Team II (PLOT)

Post by Zapdos Fri May 06, 2016 6:46 am

The MEETING Team II (PLOT) - Page 4 21o4m80

Johto's Power Plant||Dusk
    [57]

"No," was the sullen reply Zapdos received, doing nothing to ease anyone's nerves. Roark held up another tool -the name of which completely escaped Zapdos- as he examined it with slight disdain. "Why is th-this even up h-here? I can- can find pliers b-but not cutters?"

"The universe hates us? That'd be nothing new, Ro." Pach's nihilism was at the very least amusing; Roark thought so too it seemed, as he snorted and turned to reply to his pokemon. "We still have plenty of room to che-"

A crash in another room cut him off and for a moment, everyone stood rigid. "Stay behind me," Pach ordered, to which Zapdos was about to object, but really, what else would he be able to do? Grimacing once more at his inability to help, he backed away to allow the human and pokemon work.

It took everything Zapdos had not to aid them. The undead Pidgeot was an easy enough target, but its large wings and talons were both too much for the duo to handle easily in close quarters. All it would have taken was a single Thunderbolt, and here Zapdos was, incapable of doing anything but watching while it nearly overpowered them. Thankfully, Pach's well-aimed Stone Edges and Roark's pickaxe were enough to finally silence it, but the commotion may have attracted other things.

"Are you two all right?" The words nearly ran out of Zapdos' mouth, though at least they were whispered.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Sun May 08, 2016 10:42 pm

The MEETING Team II (PLOT) - Page 4 Tumblr_nmqkgebGbF1s5iyovo1_r1_400
    Johto's Power Plant | Dusk | 38

"Are you two all right?"

His words were whispered but to Roark they were like thunder in the smothering silence.  "I... I-I..."

"Roark," Pach says, his voice quiet but firm, "are you hurt."

"N-no," the miner manages, still staring with wide, glazed eyes at the dead bird.  

"Are you here in reality or is your head playing tricks on you?"

"He-here."

"Okay.  We're going back to the front room, all right?  The dead don't move around as much in daylight.  We're gonna wait there until the sun comes up.  Then we can decide whether or not we want to search the rest of this place or move on to look for wire cutters somewhere else.  All right?"  

The calm, gentle tone pries Roark from his haze enough to coax a nod.  He begins to walk back, hands gripping his pickaxe enough to turn his dirty knuckles white.

"He's not gonna be very capable of talking for a while," Pach informs Zapdos in a quiet voice.  "Trauma does shit to your head and reminders of it fogs a person's thinking up.  Might be best to just go to sleep when we get back.  I can take the first watch, and my friends and I will look after you until dawn.  I'm sorry about the cutters but it's just not safe to be looking at night, I guess..."

The MEETING Team II (PLOT) - Page 4 RosaChallenge
    oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

desktop||starbits shop||trainersona
    ♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

The MEETING Team II (PLOT) - Page 4 280
    Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Mon May 09, 2016 5:23 pm

[58]

Zapdos wasn't entirely sure what to say as Roark stood and stared down at the disgusting mess of a Pidgeot. "I... I-I..."

"Roark," Pach's voice took Zapdos off-guard. He sounded... almost scared?"are you hurt."

"N-no," was the stammered reply. It was supposed to reassure them but somehow Zapdos felt worse.

"Are you here in reality or is your head playing tricks on you?"

"He-here."

What... the hell did that mean? "Okay. We're going back to the front room, all right? The dead don't move around as much in daylight. We're gonna wait there until the sun comes up. Then we can decide whether or not we want to search the rest of this place or move on to look for wire cutters somewhere else. All right?"

The large bird watched anxiously as Roark returned to them, his knuckles turning white from the tense grip.

"He's not gonna be very capable of talking for a while," Pach murmured to Zapdos. "Trauma does shit to your head and reminders of it fogs a person's thinking up. Might be best to just go to sleep when we get back. I can take the first watch, and my friends and I will look after you until dawn. I'm sorry about the cutters but it's just not safe to be looking at night, I guess..."

"O-Oh..." Zapdos stuttered, glancing to Roark a moment before looking back to the Rampardos. "I... That's fine..." It felt wrong to simply allow something like this to pursue when he'd just opened himself up to these people. To let them suffer when he'd just taken it upon himself to learn? "Is there... anything I can do?"
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu May 19, 2016 12:00 pm

Johto's Power Plant | Dusk | 39

"O-Oh..."  The quiet stutter gives Pach pause... would a Legendary even know about mental illness?  No, there's no way.  Absolutely no way.  He doesn't even know the basics about how the regular folk live.  How could he be expected to understand a thing that most of those "regular folk" still don't quite get?  

"I... That's fine..."

At least he seems to understand it's a delicate situation.  And work with them regarding it, too.  

Look, Mr. Steele, a person we just met and got some kind of understanding with is willing to not be a douche about this.  Why weren't you?  As much as Roark would deny it, Pach knows Roark's sickness didn't start at the epidemic.

Not that the damn plague did his boy any favors.

"Is there... anything I can do?"

Taking his eyes from the human walking ahead of them, Pach turns his head to consider Zapdos, unable to help the little smile that tugs at the corners of his mouth.  "Just... be considerate, I guess?  We've... been through a lot of shit.  Roark isn't handling it well.  He's lost a lot.  And he does his best to push through for our sakes, but sometimes, some bullshit like that happens and it drags his mind back to the garbage we've been through.  He needs a little while of peace and then he'll be better again."

"And... thanks for asking.  We've run into people who give him more shit over it because they think he's weak.  It really does not help."

Several paces ahead of them, Roark can hear soft conversation.  Try as he might, his pathetic human ears can't distinguish words.  

He's worrying about me again.

He draws his arms up to hug himself a little, letting a slow breath out through his nose.  I know he's not telling Zapdos anything that isn't necessary... but...

God, his weakness disgusts him.

There's got to be people who didn't fucking collapse as badly as I did.  Why did I fall apart?  I was supposed to be a leader; I was supposed to keep everyone safe and now...

He can barely keep himself self.  The undead bird's face flashes in front of his vision and he shudders.

He murmurs a soft thanks to both Pokemon upon their return to the front room, taking a moment to use his lighter to restart the fire before curling up in front of it, his head pillowed on his backpack... which can't be comfortable, but it's how he always sleeps, and Pach knows he'll sack out soon from sheer fatigue.

The dinosaur settles quietly nearby to keep watch over the exhausted human and their new... friend?

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Fri May 20, 2016 8:23 am

[59]

Pach seemed to take a moment to consider what to say, and for a moment, Zapdos wasn't even sure if he should have asked. His mind quietly raged against all this tip-toeing bullshit-- he wasn't used to having to be delicate. It was so frustrating and exhausting. How could people live their lives like this? "Just... be considerate, I guess? We've... been through a lot of shit. Roark isn't handling it well. He's lost a lot. And he does his best to push through for our sakes, but sometimes, some bullshit like that happens and it drags his mind back to the garbage we've been through. He needs a little while of peace and then he'll be better again."

Zapdos frowned a bit. "Be considerate" was a bit of a stretch for him, as it was difficult to keep others in mind when all he'd ever had to worry about for centuries was himself. But really, Zapdos' head was beginning to hurt with trying to place himself in others' lives, to imagine what their lives and struggles and joys were like. But... these were still good people. Despite him being an ass, they still deserved respect. A small bit of relief came to him with the thought; he knew respect. He could do that. "And... thanks for asking. We've run into people who give him more shit over it because they think he's weak. It really does not help."

The small bit of gratitude took Zapdos off guard and the bird looked to Pach with a bit of surprise on his face. He had every reason to look down on others because that was just... how things were. It wasn't out of spite or malice -toward his fellow Pokemon, at least- but he was simply in another tier of creatures. He was not like the normal mortals that surrounded him, so considering others as weaker than himself was more fact than pride. But... mocking someone for trauma seemed... stupid, at best.

He silently followed the others, watching as they settled down once again. Roark wasted no time in restarting the fire and curling up in its warm glow. Zapdos considered joining them for a moment, but then dashed the idea. He still didn't belong with them. He may have been on more friendly terms with Roark and his pokemon, but he didn't belong in their circle. He never had belonged with anyone, apart from his family. To be a Legend was to be alone. Besides... he was covered in barbed wire and sharp bits of fence. Few could be near that and not come out with gashes and tetanus.

So, alone again it was. Zapdos settled near the door, sticking his head out a bit to drink from the heavy rain. It was still pouring, of course, but at least he could glean some use from their misfortune. Once his dry throat was satisfied, he shifted more into a corner and stared into the fire, preparing himself to once again be alone with his thoughts.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Mon May 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Johto's Power Plant | Dusk | 40

Pach watches Zapdos quench his thirst, tempted to invite the Legend over to lay near the fire with them... but he's still uncomfortable, it looks like.  And truth be told, maybe Pach is, too.  Put that together with the barbed wire and maybe it's for the best that they keep their distance for now.  It'll close in time, right?

May as well not rush that.   It's not like any of them have anywhere specific to be or anything specific to do besides finding those cutters.  They've got time.

Pach stares into the fire for a while, eventually allowing sleep to claim him.

Maybe there will be good dreams tonight.

No don't you can't please don't die don't-

Don't leave me okay I'm sorry I was a brat I'm sorry!

NO!

Johto's Power Plant | Dawn

Touching him, something is touching him who what where-

His eyes open and he winces at the blinding light.

"Nngh..."

"Ro?"

There is something large and scaly nudging him.  Oh.  Pach's tail.

"Mmmm?"

"Time to wake up, buddy.  We got things to do, yeah?"

"Mmhm."  He holds up one finger, Pach moving back away from him.  The human lays there for a minute before sighing and drawing himself up, stretching first one arm over his head, then the other, then stretching his legs and popping his back.  Still with closed eyes, he feels along the ground for his glasses.  Pach rolls his eyes with a snort and pushes them over with his tail, the human's fingertips finding them and snatching them up.  

He rubs his eyes and fits his glasses on his face, then stands and opens his eyes.

"Morning," he croaks.

"Good morning to you, too."  Pach looks him up and down.  He looks a little better than usual, owing to the sleep he got yesterday afternoon, but he was still grunting and whimpering in his sleep.  A step up from screaming, but still...

His human hadn't had pleasant dreams.  So much for his wish last night, not that he's surprised.

"A'righ','" Roark says, cutting himself off with a yawn and speaking much more clearly after that, "let's g-go find those cutters and- and then l-leave.  There's not r-really any food a-around here so it's better if we get back to areas where w-we did find food sooner r-rather than later."

And so they go.

"I can't be-believe we found nothing in that entire st-stupid building," Roark groans as they return to the front room, rubbing his temple.

"They're sharp; someone probably swiped them for protection or something."  Besides its uses as a weapon, it'd be a useful tool to have on hand, too.  Moreso than keeping it as a weapon, really.

"Well... I guess th-that's it, then.  We should head for a town.  We might find- find gardening shears or wire c-cutters or a s-substitute there, and there'll be more food there, t-too."

"We don't have a map.  Any idea of where we're going?"

"That d-direction," Roark responds, waving a hand south.  "There should be a- a path from th-the lake to a town.  I d-don't remember its n-name, but I remember it's th-there.  If we f-find the lake, we'll find the p-path, and then the town.  And I'm pretty sure th-there are two cities on either side of it, so we could- could check there, too, if we somehow don't f-find anything in the town."

(I forgot his stutter fucking hell)

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Tue May 24, 2016 11:02 am

[60]

The rest of the evening was uneventful, save for Roark's subdued twitches. Zapdos fell into a trance for most of the night, as it was how his kin "slept" without falling into dormancy for decades. Well, mostly. Still, in the morning, they set out again to find wire cutters and once again, they failed miserably. For most of the excursion, Zapdos had to stay immobile in a hall, as his body was beginning to become sore and tender from the constant scraping and prodding the fence provided.

Once the group accepted defeat, they headed back to the main foyer. "I can't believe we found nothing in that entire stupid building," Roark grumbled, earning a tired grunt of agreement from the Legendary Bird.

"They're sharp; someone probably swiped them for protection or something." Zapdos frowned at Pach's theory. Of course he would have the foul luck of having no way out of his fence prison.

"Well... I guess that's it, then. We should head for a town. We might find gardening shears or wire cutters or a substitute there, and there'll be more food there, too."

"We don't have a map. Any idea of where we're going?" Zapdos can't help; all of his knowledge of the geography of his home was from the sky. He wouldn't be able to find his bearings on the ground.

Fortunately, Roark is far more equipped to lead. "That direction. There should be a path from the lake to a town. I don't remember its name, but I remember it's there. If we find the lake, we'll find the path, and then the town. And I'm pretty sure there are two cities on either side of it, so we could check there, too, if we somehow don't find anything in the town."

Zapdos closed his eyes and tried to visualize the lay of the land below him as he soared. He remembered the lake well and the two cities Roark spoke about. They were both smaller towns, he knew. But the one to the West housed his father's and uncle's towers. The other, nestled almost directly below the larger Lake of Rage, almost blended into the trees and mountains that surrounded it. Opening his eyes again to look at Roark, he nodded. "Wherever we need to go to get this damn fence off of me." If only he could fly over there... But then again, if he could, he wouldn't be in this horrible mess in the first place.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri May 27, 2016 11:48 am

Lake of Rage | Late Morning | 41

It's a long walk to Mahogany.  In fact, it's a long walk to just the lake.  Standing at the edge, Roark stares down into the waters of the lake, a shudder running up his spine at the sight of the murky water below.  Once upon a time he recalls hearing this lake was remarkably clear, even with how large and deep it was.  

Wasn't it blessed by Suicine at some point?  He seems to recall a tourist from Johto mentioning that...

What he wouldn't give for just some friendly conversation among his own kind, god.  It's been so long.  His eyes stray to his Pokemon--Pach, Archae, and Anom, together, eating their fill at a berry bush several feet back from the embankment that drops into the lake.

"I'm telling you, Rawst berries are dryer than Orans are."

"No way man; definitely the other way around."  

"Why are you even debating this; dry berries are gross."

"Yeah okay well your face is gross."

"You've wounded me.  How can I ever hope to recover."  

It's nice to know that eight million years ago people were just as immature as they are now. At least it gives him a smile.

He may be lonely without other humans, but he's not alone.  They're still here, and he's going to keep it that way.

"If you kids a-are done over there, I think I know w-which way to- to go!" the miner calls over.  "A-and I'd like to get th-there b-before sundown!"

"Okay, okay- wrap it up guys!"

Off they go.

Mahogany Town | Late Morning

"Good news is that I smell no undead."

Standing at the edge of town, Archae and Anom tucked safely in their Pokeballs, the three other travellers look out into the empty streets.

"And the- the bad news?"

"My nose isn't good enough to detect any humans who might be across town.  Or any undead, for that matter, even with how strong their scent is."  

"So... so we n-need to be s-super on o-our guard."

"Bingo"

"F-fun..." He's starting to remember why he hates towns and cities.  "W-well... n-not gonna find anything by just... standing here..."

Sighing through his nose, he gathers his strength and starts to step into town, his stomach squeezing itself.  Time to see what they can find, and hopefully, it won't be trouble.

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Tue May 31, 2016 11:47 am

Mahogany Town||Late Morning
    [61]

The walk from the power plant to the town was just exhausting. Zapdos' strength was in his firm and stout wings, not his delicate legs. He hung in the back of the group the entire journey, silent as he focused on keeping the pain and exhaustion at bay. The respite at the lake did little for him, as his aching legs and very sore wounds found no mercy once they continued to move. Everything throbbed and it nearly consumed his waking thoughts, even as the others joked and played with one another. Thankfully, they seemed to come to the town relatively quickly after the lake and they stopped at its northern entrance to take a quick survey of its layout.

"Good news is that I smell no undead." Roark glanced to his pokemon as Zapdos panted behind them, gaze focused on the ground. All the movement had reopened many of the wounds caused by the fence's ironclad grip, and for a moment, the grand bird wondered if he had been bleeding the entire time. Thankfully, no blood was running down his legs, which was a decent start, but it wasn't doing him any favors.

"And the- the bad news?"

"My nose isn't good enough to detect any humans who might be across town. Or any undead, for that matter, even with how strong their scent is." Not like Zapdos could help in that matter; his eyesight had always been the best of his senses.

"So... so we n-need to be s-super on o-our guard."

"Bingo"

"F-fun..." Roark seemed to consider the town a moment before setting forward with their task. "W-well... n-not gonna find anything by just... standing here..."

"A-Agreed," Zapdos muttered behind them, his breaths still labored. "The sooner, the better..."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:59 pm

Mahogany Town | Late Afternoon | 42

The search is slow, careful-- Roark is honestly certain he has never picked through any place quite this carefully.  

At one point, a bit of hope-- some strong scissors.  Examining it closely, Roark lets out a thoughtful sound before carefully trying it against the barbed wire.  Worth a shot, after all; they'd found nothing better.

The blades of the scissors dig into the wire, scraping against the metal.  Roark's wide, hopeful eyes narrow in disgust when they go no further, and he sighs before gently withdrawing them.  

Halfway through the town, there's a shout of joy from Pach as Roark searches a kitchen.  The sound sends the miner jumping in terror, reaching for his pickaxe as he registers the dinosaur nudging open the door and calling for the human and bird inside.

"Roark, come look!"

"O-okay...?"  He follows Pach outside, where he's led to an overgrown hedge.

And the rusty gardening shears lying beside it.

He frowns, brow furrowing in thought.

"I'm w-worried about the- the rust.  T- tetanus would be th- the last thing he needs."

"Oh... shit, you're right..."

"W-well... our choices here a-are 'use the-the thing but r-risk cutting hi-him with a large rusty bl-blade that could get h-him infected w-with de-deadly bacteria,' or 'keep looking for- for something l-less dangerous that would st-still do the job.'" He glances over at Zapdos.  

"Tha-that decision is y-yours."

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:24 am

[62]

The search was long and uneventful. There was a small glimmer of hope in a tiny tool but as soon as it hit the metal of the fence, it dissipated. Zapdos felt his body slacken in defeat with the failure and his fatigue came back full force. It seemed the universe was against releasing him.

"Roark, come look!"

"O-okay...?" Though the grand bird was initially startled by the call, it didn't seem there was any actual danger or warning in the dinosaur's voice. He watched as Roark jaunted to his pokemon, only moving once the human was out of sight. God, he felt so heavy... so... slow.

"I'm w-worried about the- the rust. T- tetanus would be th- the last thing he needs."

"Oh... shit, you're right..."

Zapdos frowned as he overheard the conversation. The shit was "tet-nuss"? He looked back down to them, almost immediately sitting back on the ground to save his strength. "W-well... our choices here a-are 'use the-the thing but r-risk cutting hi-him with a large rusty bl-blade that could get h-him infected w-with de-deadly bacteria,' or 'keep looking for- for something l-less dangerous that would st-still do the job.'"

He blinked as he realized Roark was now talking to him. "Tha-that decision is y-yours."

"I-I...." His mind felt foggy and tar-like. He shook his head; he wasn't entirely sure of the risks, but if it were getting sick, surely keeping the fence on provided just as much danger as the rusty blades? "Please try. Just... not by any of the open wounds, I guess."

[shit post is shit, I apologize]
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:04 pm

Mahogany Town | Late Afternoon | 43

"I-I...."  Roark wonders if posing that question to Zapdos in the way he did was a good idea or not.  The bird seems to be trying to comprehend a torrent of information and not much of it is getting through.  Duh, how would a legend with minimal contact with humans know about tetanus, anyway?  "Please try. Just... not by any of the open wounds, I guess."

Pach glances at Roark, unsure if the bird is making an actually informed decision or if he just doesn't really understand the dangers and at this point doesn't care to ask about them.  Roark shrugs.  This has gone on long enough and honestly, the longer that is left to dig into his body, the more likely he's going to get an infection, anyway.

With a soft apology, Roark gently checks Zapdos's body for a safe place to wedge the gardening shears beneath the wire.  With the majority of the bird being bright yellow and his blood being shades of red, that only takes a couple minutes.  Pach passes Roark the shears and he moves to slip the lower blade beneath the wire--

A gunshot.  Roark drops the shears as cold terror shoots through his whole being.

"Ah'd step back away from the pretty canary if I was you, Red."

It takes Roark entirely too long for him to realize that the unkempt maniac with the Southern drawl and the well-maintained looking rifle aimed at his head was indeed speaking to him.  "I..."  

He cocks the weapon.  "Nex' shot won' be a warnin', son."

The miner hastily raises his hands and backs away from Zapdos.  He shoots a look at Pach, who is snarling at the man with the gun.

"Now normally Ah'd just ask ya to hand yore bags over nice an' easy but yer travelin' companion looks an awful lot like that legendary bird so I think I got a few questions for ya instead."

"L-like...?"  This won't be as simple as answering a few questions and then they're off.  Already Roark can spot the sun glinting off of at least two other rifles.  Of course the crazy man isn't alone; when are they ever?

"Where'd yew find it?"

"H-him.  And n-near the L-Lake of- of R-Rage.'" It's not a complete lie, and he sees no reason to divulge the fact that they were actually at the Johto Power Plant.  He gets the idea few people even know the thing is there.  And that Zapdos would like it to stay that way.

"Aw isn't dat cute?  Red's gonna insist it's a him."  He grins a bit, revealing a few yellow teeth.  Kind of gross.  "Well, we don' give a hoot--heh--if the bird's a he or an it or whatever.  In fact, it looks like yore little canary's got a problem!  We kin just... take it off yore hands for yew."

"Wha- why?  W-we literally j-just f-found a way to- to get h-him out?"  The shears are lying right there.

"Eh... yew could say we won' be needing them.  And neither will 'he.' "

"C'mon, Reggie, stop pussyfootin' around it--"  Roark doesn't dare turn his head to look at the nutter's friend that must have withdrawn from their hiding place, but he can hear the footsteps approach.  "We're gonna make some lightning god stew, and you're welcome to join us if you want since that's a looooot of fucking stew."

Roark feels time grind to a halt.

Stew?

"Of course... you could also leave.  Or die."

Oh fuck.

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:08 pm

[63]

Zapdos did his best to remain still, but as the dirty blades slipped beneath a piece of metal, a shot rang out so loud, Zapdos jumped a good couple of feet into the air. He'd been so focused on the act of getting himself cut out of the fence that he hadn't noticed the group of ruffians that currently surrounded them. "Ah'd step back away from the pretty canary if I was you, Red."

"Canary?" Zapdos fumed inwardly, his pride as a Legend blooming in his tired, weary body. Roark, however, was simply too stunned to react for a small while. "I..."

The brigand cocked his giant gun, obviously unafraid to swing his weight around. Were Zapdos not wrapped in a fence like a damn burrito, the bird pondered whether or not the man would have the gall to talk to them like this. "Nex' shot won' be a warnin', son."

Roark did the only thing he could: raised his hands and backed away in submission. Zapdos may had been ignorant about most of the human world, but he knew guns. He knew them very, very well. A coward's weapon. "Now normally Ah'd just ask ya to hand yore bags over nice an' easy but yer travelin' companion looks an awful lot like that legendary bird so I think I got a few questions for ya instead."

Zapdos' eyes glared at the petty, filthy human; how he'd like to rip that tongue out of the man's mouth and force it down his damned throat. "L-like...?" Of course, Roark was in a more compromised position, unable to do much else than comply. Still, Zapdos wondered what Roark would be able to do. Get himself killed, more than likely, but... would he abandon Zapdos?

"Where'd yew find it?"

"H-him," Roark corrected, earning a small look of surprise from Zapdos. "And n-near the L-Lake of- of R-Rage." He's... lying? Why would he protect...?

"Aw isn't dat cute? Red's gonna insist it's a him." The scoundrel revealed a mouthful of yellow, gross teeth with an awful grin. "Well, we don' give a hoot--heh--if the bird's a he or an it or whatever. In fact, it looks like yore little canary's got a problem! We kin just... take it off yore hands for yew."

"Wha- why? W-we literally j-just f-found a way to- to get h-him out?"

"Eh... yew could say we won' be needing them. And neither will 'he.' " Zapdos swallowed hard at the implication. What the hell did that mean?

"C'mon, Reggie, stop pussyfootin' around it--" one of the bastard's friends chimed in. "We're gonna make some lightning god stew, and you're welcome to join us if you want since that's a looooot of fucking stew."

Zapdos balked. Wh... What?

Of all the insults he'd been through in the past, of all the horrible, degrading bullshit he'd endured, STEW?! These... These humans wanted to EAT HIM?!

"Of course... you could also leave. Or die."

Flabbergasted, he turned to Roark, unsure of what to do. He was helpless, especially against guns. Roark was the only one that could save him, but... with pokemon of his own, why would he risk himself for a wounded, bitchy Legend? Oh, Father above, was Roark going to leave him to... to this?
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:19 pm

Mahogany Town | Late Afternoon | 44

"Oh hell no you can't be serious-!"

"We're totally serious, ya rock lizard.  Now are ya gonna leave, join us for a nice big supper, or die tryin' to play hero?"

No, no this can't be happening.

"C'mon Red; we don't got all day."

Everything flushes hot and then floods cold.  He side-eyes Pach.  

Maybe...  

It's possible they don't know what he is or that he has Stone Edge...  

"Last warnin'."

"O-okay, okay-"  He turns his back.  At the same time, he turns his hand over, palm up, making an upwards beckoning motion with his fingers.  

The two hillbillies don't know what that means, but Pach sure does.  With a roar he takes advantage over their momentary lowering of their guns to  raise a wall of stone.  Though they hadn't lowered their weapons entirely, just the small dip their rifle barrels took was enough of a stall, and by the time they fire, the thick rocks are up and blocking the bullets.

"Sandstorm, Protect!" Roark yells as he throws Sterling and Ammono's pokeballs to the ground.  The old dinosaur doesn't even need to access the situation and whips up a vicious sandstorm immediately; the Omastar throws up a protect in front of Zapdos, protecting them both from another few shots as Pach lowers his stone edge and raises bigger, sharper rocks beneath the feet of one of their attackers.  

Please please please let luck be on their side, please let the sandstorm cause enough confusion that he can access how many of them there are in time.

As the sharp rocks skewer him like a bug with a disgusting squishing noise, a terrifying roar lets Roark know that Sterling has their backs covered.  Ammono rains death down on one of the others in front of them with Brine, the water hitting with more force than the human body can handle.  The miner scrambles for the shears.

If he can just free Zapdos!  The fight will be over immediately!

As his hands close on the shears the one who slipped past his Pokemon grabs his arm and pulls him upright, waving a machete.  He brings it down and Roark isn't quite sure how he has the presence of mind to raise the shears to intercept that but he's grateful for it as the blow reverberates throughout the sheers and into his arms.  He tries slashing again, Roark blocking it with a yell, and as his Pokemon clear out the bandits from around them what ensues is something of a sword fight, Roark ducking around the man's frenzied attempts to neutralize him and opening the shears to cover more blocking area for himself.  

But he makes a mistake, stepping too close, and the man kicks him, toppling him over.  He only just rolls out of the way in time as the blade stabs where his head had been, and when his attacker moves too close he kicks his legs out from under him, scrambling upright and grabbing hold of the shears.  With a furious cry he buries them into the man's chest, ripping them out to stab again, and it feels like a lifetime later when he drags himself up, the minute's worth of stabbing ensuring the nutter is very dead.

He staggers over to Zapdos, ignoring his bleeding hand--when did that happen?--as he slips the shears beneath the barbed wire and chops it off with a few, well-placed cuts.

(He cut his hands when his grip on the shears slipped on the blood coating them and his hand slid down along the blade.  I say that in case you wanted to have Zapdos note this because he would've seen it.  There's only like two of the assholes left; feel free to let Zapdos fry 'em.)

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:47 pm

[64]

Chaos.

Zapdos had seen the small hand gesture Roark had given his pokemon, but he hadn't understood it until the Stone Edge mercilessly ripped through the terrain just in front of them. Neither had the crazy bastards that had wanted to eat them, either. One was ripped apart right in front of them while the others fanned out to attack. Roark sent out more pokemon, shouting orders as they were released, again just in time. The Protect he called for went up just as bullets ricocheted off of it, preventing them from seeking out Zapdos' vulnerable form.

For a moment, he was lost in the battle, the attacks flying by too quickly and the noise too cacophonous for him to make any sense of them. Suddenly, Roark rushed to him, shears in hand, desperate to try and cut him loose again when a brigand caught him off guard. Zapdos, dazed, moved to help, but felt something pull on his bindings, causing the metal to bite down harder.

The scream that escaped him, as well as the knives digging into his flesh brought his mind back from the haze of fatigue and blood loss, if only temporarily. He turned to see one of the men attempting to drag him by the very convenient handles the fence provided and his temper flared. His talons were dry. His beak was clean. That was not how things should be.

He hurled himself at the man, his long beak aimed like a needle at the human before him. The man was too nimble and dodged, but the near-death encounter only seemed to spur the man on instead of deter him. He laughed, spat at Zapdos' face and triumphantly declared, "You're a piece of shit god! Nothin' but a little BITCH! And you know what? I'm gonna wear your skull as a fucking hat and use your beak to pick your meat out of my fuckin' teeth!" Brandishing a machete, he cackled and rushed at Zapdos again, slashing and stabbing.

The fight took all of Zapdos' concentration. His wings were bound, so his balance was off. His main form of attacking was blocked off and he was already wounded. But he couldn't falter. He WOULDN'T falter. He couldn't let a backwater reject like this wrinkled pustule kill him. A lucky hit sent the disgusting vermin flying, and just as Zapdos was about to chase him down and stab his internal organs one by one, he felt something else on his side. He turned, about to destroy who else dared to touch him, when the sight of a hardhat stopped him.

Roark.

A few snaps, a few clips, and suddenly, the metal released. Zapdos twitched as his aching wings found themselves freed of their prisons, the teeth that had trapped him in the metal maw finally slacking and falling away. Zapdos turned to the red-headed man, his rescuer, and saw more red. Red that was in places it shouldn't be. His eyes narrowed and he turned his head back toward the filthy rabid vermin scurrying toward him.

They would pay.

His wings slowly unfurled, the muscles rejoicing at the movement, and it only took a single flap for him to be airborne. He did not shoot into the sky, however, no; he kept his eyes on the now rightfully terrified human that suddenly decided a knife was not the proper weapon for this fight. Zapdos hurled himself forward again, his talons outstretched and thirsty for the bastard's blood. His running and screaming wasn't enough to outspeed an angry lightning god. Too easily, they found their mark, slicing into the man's flesh much like the fence had done to Zapdos for the past few days.

Zapdos angled himself up, his spare electricity finally discharging itself as he soared through the sky up and over the town, the man screaming in terror while bleeding onto his feet. Zapdos banked once he was high enough, diving back toward the battlefield the town had become, and spotted the only surviving brigand remaining. His dive sped and the man in his talons screamed louder.

"I am no 'CANARY'," he snarled as he dove faster and faster, "I am not a pig for you to stick and eat! People WORSHIPED me, you squealing ass! And you and your 'buddies' will see WHY! With that, he flared out of the dive, releasing the man from his grip and sending him careening at the other man. Zapdos' aim was true and the first man became little more than a sack of projectile meat as he collided with his buddy. The two men were disposed of, lying helplessly on the ground as Zapdos landed nearly on top of them, his glare furious and unforgiving.

The man he'd skewered was dead-- there was no question. He bled out onto his friend, his neck at a wrong angle with the rest of his body and his eyes stared blankly upward. But the other man, he looked to only be paralyzed. His legs remained still as the rest of him frantically tried to pull himself out from the weight of his dead compatriot-- an effort soon stifled by Zapdos' heavy foot.

"Beg." His voice was soft, but the growl that accompanied it rivaled distant thunder.

"I-I--"

"Beg. Beg me for your miserable life."

"Please-- P-Please don't k-k-i-ill me!"

"Beg me for forgiveness."

"P-Pleas-s-se forg-g-give me-e-e-e!"

Zapdos' eyes narrowed. "No."

The electricity that poured out of his body was eager to escape, attracted to the body so near the ground. The man screamed for the first few seconds, but then, Zapdos imagined his vocal cords burst or he simply died. He didn't care, though. He didn't want these men even resembling the forms they'd once had. They didn't deserve to be recognized. The didn't deserve to be remembered other than some sickening horror.

They would not be remembered as humans. They would be remembered as freaks.

It took a few minutes of nothing but electrifying the blackening corpses, the flesh sizzling and melting together to fuse them both into a solid mass of charred meat. Zapdos removed his foot soon after the surge of power ceased, satisfied in his work. He turned, looking for the redhead that had freed him. He walked past a couple of houses, finally spotting him. "Roark, are you... all right?" He drew nearer, unsure of what he had seen earlier. "I thought I saw blood..."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:40 pm

Mahogany Town | Late Afternoon | 44

Somewhere he lost a few minutes and he's not sure when or where or how.

But somewhere in this chaos, someplace between cutting Zapdos free and watching him going after the remaining freaks, something happened, and whatever that something was, it left him sitting on... steps?

Yeah, steps.  He can feel the wood beneath his fingers and focuses on that, on this very real thing he knows exists, and tries not to clench his fingers against it-- splinters would suck.

Wooden stairs.  He raises a face dripping with sweat and glances around.  Woooden steps behind him leading to a wooden platform.  Wooden posts holding up a rustic roof.  A porch.  He's sitting on someone's porch.  The flowers in what used to be a front yard are blooming and he feels the urge to cry.  He's not sure why.

Something moves in the corner of his eye and he flinches, glancing over.  Blue and gray and rock.  Dinosaur shape.  Pach.  Something else that's real.  It takes a moment for him to realize Pach is talking to him.

"-oark?  Roark?  Can you hear me, buddy?  Woo-hoo, over here, eyes on me if you're back in your head-- okay good you look like you have a vague idea of things now.  Can you say something, maybe?"

The human stares at his friend will dull eyes.   "Something."  

"I'm gonna pretend that was your sense of humor.  Do you know where you are?"

"Th-that... t-town."  Descriptive.  "N-near th' l-lake."

"Close enough."

"Where...?"

"Safe.  How's your hand?"

"Ha-hand?"  He raises his hand to stare at it.  There's gauze wrapped around it, and oh yeah, he cut himself, didn't he?

Better hope he didn't get tetanus.  That would suck.  

Oh yeah, he has stuff he should be asking.  Despite the realization, he can't actually bring himself to care.  

"Yeah, Archae patched up your hand as best we could.  Found an old roll of bandages in one of the houses.  Thankfully it wasn't too deep.  How's it feel?"

"T-tired," he says, and immediately kicks himself.  "I mean- I f-feel tired- hand's fine."

His hand is in fact not fine; it hurts.  It probably will for a while longer.  Fuck.  He sorta needs his hand.  And of course it got the palm.

"Roark, are you... all right?"

He glances up, his uninjured hand clutching the injured one.  He tries to focus on the approaching lightning god.

"I thought I saw blood..."

"M'fine.  It- my h-hand slipped o-on th-the- the shears."   He lets go of his hand and holds it up to show him, wiggling the fingers a little.  "It's t-taken care o-of.  A-are you hurt?  Th-they didn't h-hurt you, r-right...?"

As Roark asks, the echoes of violent screaming start up in his mind.  He flinches and shivers, feeling the blood rush from his face.

Why is there screaming?

Breathing is getting hard.  The air is suddenly thick and iron bands squeeze his chest.

It doesn't go unnoticed.

"Ro, buddy?  Ey, look- look at me."  He gives the miner a light slap with his tail and he flinches again, wide eyes swinging over to stare at Pach.  "Eyes on me, now.  It's okay.  It's over.  They're dead.  What's going on in your head?"

"Sc-screaming someone- someone's sc-scr-reaming-"

"It's not real, Ro.  Wherever your head is trying to tell you you are, you're not there.  Look at- look at the porch, touch it- see?  Wood.  Wooden stairs."  He lays the tip of his tail over Roark's hand.  "Tell me what you see?"

"S-sunshine a-and- g-garden.  F-flowers.  W-wooden p-porch."  A trembling hand taps it with his fingernails to remind himself, yes, it is real.  "H-houses acr-cross the... not-street and on th-this street. Y-you.  Zapd-dos."

"Good; what's the weather like?"

"B-breezy.  W-warm.  N-not too h-hot."  He lets out a trembling breath.  The screams are quiet now.  "I-I'm ok-kay now.  Th-thanks Pach."

"Maybe you should go lie down?  That was... a really bad panic attack you had, Ro."

"Pa-panic attack?"  Shit.

"Yeah.  I uh... I think the screaming set it off."

"O-oh..."  His voice drops to an angry mutter.  "They d-deserved it."

"They sure did.  But it freaked you out a lot.  How about we go inside and just rest for a bit?  The others are patrolling the area; we got nothing to worry about."

"Ye-yeah... o-okay..."  He gets up on unsteady legs to go inside.  The living room is thankfully carnage free, and he plops onto the dusty couch with a groan, burying his face in his hands.

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:44 am

[65]

The human seemed out of it still, like when the Pidgeot had attacked. "M'fine. It- my h-hand slipped o-on th-the- the shears." He made a small show of his hand, wriggling the delicate fingers a bit as he revealed the injury. It didn't look bad, really, but the hand wasn't Zapdos' main concern. "It's t-taken care o-of. A-are you hurt? Th-they didn't h-hurt you, r-right...?"

"No, I'm... I'm fine..." His voice trailed as he watched Roark's face contort and flush with color. Zapdos felt some reassurance that he wasn't the only one seeing the episode, nor that it was something to ignore. Pach stepped closer to his trainer's side, keeping calm in the face of panic.

"Ro, buddy? Ey, look- look at me." When his words fail, he wasted no time in lightly smacking his trainer with his sturdy tail, causing the human to flinch. Thankfully, Pach knew how to control his own strength. "Eyes on me, now. It's okay. It's over. They're dead. What's going on in your head?"

"Sc-screaming someone- someone's sc-scr-reaming-" Zapdos didn't know what to think of that-- the ruined town around them had been quiet for a while now, with the exception of their conversation.

"It's not real, Ro. Wherever your head is trying to tell you you are, you're not there. Look at- look at the porch, touch it- see?  Wood.  Wooden stairs." Pach guided Roark through the episode with a relaxed ease, one that Zapdos admired and envied. How he would love to be able to do that to someone he cared for... "Tell me what you see?"

"S-sunshine a-and- g-garden. F-flowers. W-wooden p-porch." The human tapped the rotting wood lightly, as if affirming that yes, it was there. "H-houses acr-cross the... not-street and on th-this street. Y-you. Zapd-dos."

"Good; what's the weather like?"

"B-breezy. W-warm. N-not too h-hot." He took in a long breath and the tension in the air lifted a little. "I-I'm ok-kay now. Th-thanks Pach."

"Maybe you should go lie down? That was... a really bad panic attack you had, Ro."

"Pa-panic attack?" Zapdos blinked; is that what they were called? It gave a little more insight as to what was happening, but... Zapdos still couldn't imagine going through something like that.

"Yeah. I uh... I think the screaming set it off."

"O-oh..." Zapdos felt a sting of guilt; he had delighted in those screams, the very same on that just sent the human who had saved him over the edge. He had purposefully procured them from his victims. He'd... hurt Roark without even realizing it. "They d-deserved it."

Zapdos wasn't assuaged by Roark's bitter words. Yes, they deserved every ounce of pain, but he sure didn't. And yet he had. Pach continued to coach his trainer -an odd thought, really- however, determined to get the man fully past the attack. "They sure did. But it freaked you out a lot. How about we go inside and just rest for a bit? The others are patrolling the area; we got nothing to worry about."

"Ye-yeah... o-okay..."

Zapdos followed them in, stretching his wings one last time before he settled beside them. There was a moment of silence as he pondered on what he could possibly say -hell, what he was even thinking at the moment- before tossing all pretense aside and just speaking. "You... defended me," he murmured, a small tinge of awe in his voice. "I've... never had a human do that." He looked back up to Roark, confusion written on his yellow face. "Why? They could have killed you and your friends. They almost did. Why would you risk that for me?"

Last edited by Zapdos on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:14 pm

Mahogany Town | Late Afternoon | 45

"You... defended me,"  Roark turns his head to look at him, trying to tamp down on the exhaustion in his expression with no success. "I've... never had a human do that. Why? They could have killed you and your friends. They almost did. Why would you risk that for me?"

Though he knows the answer before Zapdos even finishes the question, it takes a moment to try to funnel those emotions into actual words.  

"It... w-was the r-right thing to do."  He removes his miner's hat to wipe his forehead, setting it on the coffee table..  "Jus'... Y-you're- you're a person.  Y-you feel th-things, you think th-things; you're like me.  L-like P-Pach.  Y-you even have family?  W-we're not... that di-different.  Pokemon a-are people; just... different cultural n-norms."

Not that Zapdos may have many of those to begin with, if he spends most of his time hiding by himself.  It strikes Roark just how lonely that must be.  Did humans do that?  Or have Legendaries always preferred the solitude and silence of isolation?

"And... y-you deserve to b-be safe.  R-respected.  There's just... b-basic rights th-that people deserve t-to have and... eating you is just wrong."  

He wipes at his eyes, feeling the strain of the day's events start to tug at his psyche again.  God, he's so tired.  The miner looks up at Zapdos, shrugging, helpless. "Th-that's... the... the b-best way I c-can explain i-it.  N-none of us could just let th-that happen.  N-not when we could st-stop it.  Or a-at least try t-to."

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:00 pm

[66]

"It... w-was the r-right thing to do." Zapdos blinked and patiently waited for Roark to continue. "Jus'... Y-you're- you're a person. Y-you feel th-things, you think th-things; you're like me. L-like P-Pach. Y-you even have family? W-we're not... that di-different. Pokemon a-are people; just... different cultural n-norms."

He seemed to pause a little, as if he were contemplating something. He likely was, but Zapdos didn't pretend like he knew enough about the man to make a guess as to what it could have possibly been. "And... y-you deserve to b-be safe. R-respected.  There's just... b-basic rights th-that people deserve t-to have and... eating you is just wrong."  

Roark wiped away at his eyes and forehead, exhaustion beginning to get the better of him. "Th-that's... the... the b-best way I c-can explain i-it. N-none of us could just let th-that happen. N-not when we could st-stop it. Or a-at least try t-to."

Zapdos gave a small nod, then glanced back over himself and Roark. If not for this strange red man, he would have died one way or another by now. Though Zapdos' pride as one of the elite few that could call themselves "Legendary" gave him pause in outwardly admitting it, there was no getting around that fact. He owed Roark his life... twice now. Lesser men, lesser creatures would have abandoned Zapdos for a chance at furthering their own life expectancies. Hell, that's what those horrible humans were essentially doing-- trading Zapdos' and Roark's lives for their own.

He wasn't sure how to show his gratitude, however. He'd never really needed to. Hate, he could do. Anger, he could very much do. Sadness, even, pain. But... gratitude? That was a strange concept in terms of execution. He'd only done so with his fellow Legendary brothers, in the recent times of hardship, toil and anguish. So... what else was there to do but... do what he did with them?

Zapdos rose, his wings flaring a little bit to ensure he didn't accidentally trip over his own feet, and he cautiously made his way to Roark's side. He stared down at the human a moment before settling down again, his wing open and flared to embrace Roark almost like a hug. "...Thank you. Really." His voice was gentle, though Zapdos found he had a hard time actually looking at Roark. "I... owe you my life twice now. I can... only hope... I can live and repay you the..." Oh, being formal was so hard. He closed his eyes and imagined how his prissy sister would phrase it, or maybe his well-spoken Father. "...the generosity you've shown me." Only then did he chance looking up at Roark once he'd placed his head on the ground. "We should... rest, though. Both of us."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:28 am

Mahogany Town | Late Afternoon | 46

Roark shrinks just a bit in alarm when the bird stands and spreads his wings a little, but in the split second it takes for fear to rise up, he realizes the bird is just trying to make walking easier for himself.  Good lord, Roark, could you be any jumpier?  At least he didn't full on scramble to get away.  That would have been embarrassing.

The Legend makes his way to Roark's side, the human watching in silence as he takes a moment to awkwardly figure out how to do this with the least amount of awkwardness possible before giving up and settling next to him.  To the redhead's great surprise, he opens a wing and drapes it around him, almost mimicking a hug.

Holy shit.

"...Thank you. Really."  Though his words are sincere, he's not looking at him.  Given their rough history, however brief it is, he can understand that.  They'd been pretty nasty to one another at first.  This is awkward.  

But not unwelcome.  When was the last time anyone had thanked him?

"I... owe you my life twice now. I can... only hope... I can live and repay you the...  the generosity you've shown me."  He lays his head on the ground, finally meeting his eyes.  "We should... rest, though. Both of us."

"We sh-should," he agrees softly, moving to lay down on the couch.  "We c-can figure out wh-what to do later- later tonight.  Or to-tomorrow."

With society done for, they have plenty of time for that later.  Pach nods at him.  They will be safe while they sleep.  The others have it covered.  With a sigh, he closes his eyes and allows exhaustion to finally knock him out.

Mahogany Town | Early Morning

There are no nightmares this time.  He was too tired.  Thank goodness.

Judging by the sunlight, they slept well past nighttime.  Good.  They needed the rest.  Now they need food.  And Zapdos must make a decision.  

Will he stay, or leave?  His words indicated he might stay, but he shouldn't feel obligated.  

The miner glances around for the yellow bird.  The conversation should probably come after they locate food, but it can't hurt to know where he is, at least.

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:32 pm

Mahogany Town||Early Morning
    [67]

The night was gentler than the ones Zapdos had endured lately. Given, the fence was finally gone and his wounds were allowed some peace, but still. It was nice to be able to sleep a bit, even if it was brief. Zapdos rose early that morn, even before the sunlight peeked over the trees. The sky still a cool, gentle purple, he carefully took himself from Roark's side and ventured out. He had spent enough time in buildings.

He opened his sore wings to the cool air of the silent town and eased himself effortlessly into the air. Lazily, he turned and floated to a nearby tree that overlooked the building he'd left the slumbering human in. His body ached to just fly off and travel again, to feel the sky once more at his whim, but he pushed the urges aside. He needed to think now, despite that never really being his strong suit. He needed to make a decision.

There was no denying the human had done more than enough to aid Zapdos and earn his loyalty, or at least some sort of respect. Roark was truly the most exceptional human Zapdos had ever met-- not that that was really saying all that much, given the Legend's sampling of humans. But because of everything Roark had done for Zapdos, it seemed wrong to just... leave. To abandon the human to whatever Fate may have in store. Yet every fiber in his charged body screamed for mobility, for destroying the bastards that tortured and slaughtered his kind.

What was he supposed to do?

Zapdos found himself trapped in the inward discussion for a long while. Shadows began to shift around him as the sun finally started to climb its long arch in the sky. It wasn't until he saw movement near the building that he snapped out of his trance, spotting the redhead looking out and around. Likely for Zapdos himself; it wasn't like he really had left a note saying where he'd gone in the night.

"You're awake," Zapdos spoke, his voice soft from lack of use. He cleared his throat and flew down to the human, settling on the ground easily. "How did you sleep? You look better."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:04 pm

Mahogany Town | Early Morning | 47

It takes a moment to spot the yellow bird, but only a moment.  That coloring must be a plague during this... well... plague.  But at least his allies can find him just as easily as his enemies...

"You're awake."   Something about Zapdos looks entirely too tired, and it's on the tip of Roark's tongue to ask about it.  Did he sleep well, did he have a nightmare, does anything hurt?  Oh shit; if they don't have any medicine...

"How did you sleep? You look better."  

Yeah, he really needs a chill pill.  God.

Why is he so fucking anxious!?

"I'm... a little tired.  But feeling much better."  Lying to him would be stupid, especially with them just having reached good terms with each other.  "Also a little hungry; I'll have to go find food, soon..."

For a moment he rubs his arm, trying to avoid eye contact and aware of just how obvious that is.

"So... you're welcome to hang around us if you want?  We're not really doing anything in particular except trying not to die so I understand if you have places you need to be.  Or if you're not feeling well after yesterday and don't feel like doing anything."

Of course he has somewhere else to be.  He's a Legend.  And he's got family somewhere.  Why would he want Roark slowing him down?

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:40 pm

[68]

"I'm... a little tired. But feeling much better." Zapdos gave a small understanding nod; Roark would be entitled to exhaustion for a week. "Also a little hungry; I'll have to go find food, soon..." He stood there a moment, rubbing his arms and staring at everything except Zapdos himself; a great sign, to be sure. With being a solitary animal, the Legendary had no real idea why Roark was acting so nervous in front of him. Had Zapdos already done something wrong? Probably.

Finally, Roark found his voice again. "So... you're welcome to hang around us if you want? We're not really doing anything in particular except trying not to die so I understand if you have places you need to be. Or if you're not feeling well after yesterday and don't feel like doing anything."

The large Lightning bird quirked his head a little at the proposition. The man's stutter had completely disappeared; was that a good thing? Probably right? "I... My family is... scattered. I have no idea where they are, and... I..." He considered the offer a moment. Traveling alone had done him little good. "I would... be honored to travel with you."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:12 pm

Mahogany Town | Early Morning | 48

Did he ask the wrong question?  He looks... sad.  Roark feels his chest tighten a bit.  Shit, he didn't mean to upset him.  At least he's not angry?

... Wow, that's pretty selfish.  'He's not angry and I'm not in danger therefore that is better than him being sad.'  He resists the urge to wrinkle his nose at himself.  He really does not want to explain any expressions of disgust to the lightning god.  Especially not when he's actually somehow earned his respect.

"I... My family is... scattered. I have no idea where they are, and... I..."   Oh.  That's... awful.  Poor Zapdos...

"I would... be honored to travel with you."  

Whoa there slow down what?

"I- r-really?  Y-you... you, the thunder bird, would be h-honored to hang around the li-likes of me."  Did Pach find morphine and inject him or something?  "I- um- I would be happy to- to travel w-with you-"  He takes a deep breath.  Steady.  Calm.  "It's been a wh-while since anyone ou-outside my group has- has been that nice.  Th-thank you."

The heavy steps of his dinosaur sound behind him, and he turns as Pach steps up alongside him with a rolled up paper in his mouth.  He sets it on the floor.  "Well, if we're gonna be travelling together, why don't you guys look this map over and decide where you might want to go?  I don't think any of us want to stay here."

(I made a mistake in the last post; Roark has a permanent stutter due to trauma and sometimes I forget to add it in after I write his dialogue.  I'll be fixing it soon.)

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:07 pm

[69]

Zapdos couldn't help the small, yet warm smile that slowly graced his normally sharp features as Roark stumbled once more over his words. "I- r-really? Y-you... you, the thunder bird, would be h-honored to hang around the li-likes of me." Zapdos chuckled, but managed a small, sheepish nod to answer the human's question. He had never thought that he would ever willingly travel with a human, but... What else was he supposed to do? Just let the one human he'd found worth a damn wander off into the wilderness? Father had always said that if there was something worth protecting, you protect it. "I- um- I would be happy to- to travel w-with you-" The red-headed gym leader took a deep breath to calm himself before continuing. "It's been a wh-while since anyone ou-outside my group has- has been that nice. Th-thank you."

Pach took the moment as his cue to approach, somewhat steadier than his trainer. "Well, if we're gonna be traveling together, why don't you guys look this map over and decide where you might want to go? I don't think any of us want to stay here." Zapdos blinked and looked down; reading a map was not something he was used to, even for the simplest ones. He knew the landmarks only by how they looked from his viewpoint in the sky.

Anywhere but here is fine," he murmured, glancing down at the paper. "I'd only want to find my Father and Siblings, but I have no idea where any of them could be at this point."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm