Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+5
Min
Abysswalker
Garchomp
renegade
NyraXerz
9 posters

(ACE) The MAUVILLE Team

Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

(ACE) The MAUVILLE Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MAUVILLE Team

Post by Starbits Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Mauville City - Mauville Pokecenter | Late Night | 16

Calem gapes in surprise as he finds the thing, whatever it was, had been blown to pieces.  

Was it possible that the body was now so rotted, that moves didn't have to be supereffective to cave them in?  He's no scientist but that does sound like an actual possibility, in which case-!

They can clear out everything here.

"Aura Sphere again!" Mariel nods, disappearing from the others in seconds to try picking off the ones in the back without leading them back to her friends.  "Ruto, hydro pump!  They're coming right this way!"

The good thing about a hallway; they all funnel down the same place.  Long ranged attacks in the same direction should smash through most barriers, unless something truly nasty lurked in the darkness back there.  

Both Pokemon fired off their attacks.

Here's hoping this works.

---

"I'm just trying not to die." Simple. And clearly truthful; nothing about the rabbit indicated he was trying to make any sort of serious, dangerous trouble. Good. She could appreciate that.

"I hid here for a while. Then Sirius found me and started trying to chain me to him," the other fox explained, his voice growing into a growl as he went on. "Fucking asshole. I met your trainer while trying to get away from him."

"Oh. Disgusting." She wrinkles her nose in contempt. "I'm going to guess 'unlikable family member' or 'old friend who was never really a friend.'"

She'd known Sirius for all of two seconds and she already disliked him.  Having the bad luck of knowing him beforehand and finding him again in the midst of all this... wow.

"Maybe I really should mess with him," Minerva mused.  "... I can't say how good I would be at it, though."

oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:43 am

Mauville City [Central Courtyard]/Midnight (32)

This was going to be a piece of cake.

The undead threw themselves at them, snarling and shrieking with rage. Calem wasted no time in issuing out more commands for his Pokemon, another Aura Sphere exploding out of Mariel's paws, while the Blastoise let loose a massive Hydro Pump attack, blasting away anything in its path. Sirius had been hit with that attack once; it really freaking hurt.

While the force of those two moves alone sent the majority of the horde flying backwards into the wall, a Raichu weaved and ducked its way over and under the attacks and lumbered towards him. Sparks of lightning flickered from its cheeks, its crimson eyes narrow with fury.

Sirius knew that Raichu were quite nimble, but he'd never seen this much speed in one before. In life, it must've been well-trained. In death, though, you're gonna get toasted by my flames! Tough luck, friend.

He span his staff gracefully in a circle, flames spitting from its tip. The Mystical Fire attack danced to life, whirling its way towards the undead Electric-type when an intense pain bolted through Sirius's every muscle, like millions of tiny little needles.

His hand flew open and he dropped his staff, doubling over with a cry of pain. It was even quicker than he was, it seemed, as it had landed a Thunderbolt on him. "Little shit--!" Hissing as his body twitched painfully, Sirius bent to retrieve his staff from the ground and ... couldn't. It was as though his muscles had suddenly turned to stone, and he froze halfway down. The needles were still pricking him, feeling hotter with each poke.

Oh, awesome. Great timing, paralysis. You want to poison and freeze me as well?

He briefly regained enough movement to pick his staff up, but immediately seized up again. "Uh, guys?" Could they even hear him over all this noise? They'd better, because that Raichu looked as though it was charging another Thunderbolt. "I could use a hand, here!"
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:10 pm

Mauville City [PokeMart] | Late Night
    (31)

Oh goody, is this what the kids call bonding? The Lopunny couldn't help but think dryly. It was strange, having a moment to catch his breath without something going terribly wrong or some nasty creature trying to rip out his throat. He was still stressed, of course, but the Normal type felt as though anyone who didn't feel stressed under current circumstances really wasn't someone he wanted to be around for any extended length of time.

"I hid here for a while. Then Sirius found me and started trying to chain me to him. Fucking asshole. I met your trainer while trying to get away from him." A brief hum from the rabbit, as if to confirm the statement matched with what little he knew about the situation. He wasn't aware of the full story between the two- didn't feel like prying either, but Madison was a witness and keeping quiet had never exactly been his strong point.

"Maybe I really should mess with him." And at that, the Normal type perked up, his grin surprisingly wolfish.  "... I can't say how good I would be at it, though."[/quote]

"You never know until you try; everyone has to start somewhere."
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:57 am

Post 26

Mauville City||North Stairwell||Midnight

He had assumed the rabbit would have jumped to Sirius' defense, as everyone usually did when Orion talked about his brother, but the other male only let out a hum of agreement. This whole "people accepting what you're saying" thing was a bit too foreign to Orion for him to simply overlook or glance past, and he stared at the rabbit, again astonished by his apparent incredible lack of loyalty to his brother. Maybe he could get along with the guy after all. "Maybe I really should mess with him." Orion only saw a glimpse of the rabbit's grin, as he quickly looked to the older female version of himself in surprise. "... I can't say how good I would be at it, though."

"I could use a hand, here!" The voice was faint, but Orion immediately recognized it as his brother's and hoped against hope that no one heard it as well. His ear flicked instinctively to the direction in which it had called, but it seemed that the rabbit, at least, hadn't heard it.

"You never know until you try; everyone has to start somewhere." Maybe the older female hadn't either; that way, Orion could safely ignore his brother's cries for help in peace. Like he was going to rush to Sirius' aid. Fuck that guy. He chucked himself into the maw of danger, he can chuck himself right back out.

"I'd encourage it. Knock the dick down a peg or twenty."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Mauville City - Mauville Pokecenter | Late Night | 17

"I could use a hand, here!"

Though the fox's earlier utterance had gone unnoticed due to its comparatively low volume in consideration of all the noise around them, that is loud enough to get their attention.  Calem points to the distressed fox and the electricity still jumping off of him.  No words are needed; Mariel chucks an Aura Sphere at the Raichu to demand its attention, and when the rotted rat zips close enough (wow, it's really fast, despite being undead; that is... unnerving) she smashes its face in with a Metal Claw.

"There's still several left!  Be careful!" Their mobility is restricted.  The dead bodies of the other undead are making a pile and the walking corpses aren't smart enough to pick their way over the bodies.  Okay, good.  That lends an advantage to them, then.  "Ruto, switch to Flash Cannon; we need to conserve Hydro Pump!"

She grunts to show she heard and the cannons of water became cannons of steely energy.

Home stretch now, Calem supposes.  There can't be too many more left.  They just need to guard Sirius until this is over.    

---

There are noises coming from down the hall now, and she can only assume they did indeed find undead over there.  More concerned for her friends than making chitchat, she listens with only part of her focus on the two boys.

A voice rises faintly and her full attention moves to what is going on in the corridor, turning her head to stare down the dark mouth to focus her hearing.

More yelling, though not panicked.  That she thinks is Calem's voice.  If he's not frightened then they're not needed, right?

"I'd encourage it. Knock the dick down a peg or twenty."

"Mm?  Oh.  Yes, I'd definitely say he needs it." Come to think of it, that shouting earlier... was that Sirius?  But if he's right there with Calem and Calem isn't scared, then everything is fine, because it means he has everything under control...

Still, it's best to at least get the other two to focus on what's going on, too.  "It sounds like they found trouble.  I picked up Calem's voice and he's not freaking out, which means the situation must be fine, but we should probably be on standby just in case..."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:29 am

Mauville City [Central Courtyard]/Midnight (33)

Oooh shit, this was bad. Why did Sirius even bother to think that things would go well? Life really was fond of crapping on him just when he was starting to feel good about himself. First that mad Garchomp murdering half of his group, then Orion's hostility and now this!

He could only helplessly watch as Calem and his Pokemon did their best to guard him. Sirius grinned and barked out a laugh as that bastard of a Raichu had its face ripped off by Mariel - served him right for embarrassing him like this! He looked like a damn cripple, stuck in a half-crouch with his hand reaching down to his staff on the floor.

Sirius gritted his teeth and hissed in pain as he tried to break through the Paralysis just long enough to pick it up. At least then he could still launch an attack or two. His muscles seized painfully as electricity crackled through his fur. But he felt the grip of the paralysis ease for just a moment, and in that time managed to swipe his staff up from the floor and send a Watchog flying across the hall with a Psychic, where it splattered against the wall like a melon.

He tried to fit in another attack, but the pain crackled through him once again and he haunched over, groaning. It seemed as though the horde was starting to thin out, with fewer and fewer of them turning up. He could only hope that when this was over, Calem would be decent enough to offer him a Paralyse Heal.

"We nearly got 'em!" he cried, once again reduced to simply watching and hoping none of the undead got to him before Calem's Pokemon did. "Well, we'd better have; I'm in agony here!"
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:37 pm

Mauville City [PokeMart] | Late Night
    (32)

"It sounds like they found trouble.  I picked up Calem's voice and he's not freaking out, which means the situation must be fine, but we should probably be on standby just in case..."

The rabbit's ears twitched, and just like that his short-lived sense of ease suddenly vanished. His expression soured, though considering the less than cheerful mood he had been in as of late, one could have been forgiven for assuming irritated was his default. In all honesty, it was beginning to feel like it might as well have been. Well, isn't that just great. Madison thought with just the slightest hint of bitterness. It wasn't the interruption that was causing him distress so much as what it meant. Clearly expecting things to go smoothly for once was too much to ask.

"As long as they don't end up bringing the trouble over here..." The Normal type muttered, shifting his weight uncomfortably from one side to the other. He was beginning to get that fidgety, caged-in feeling again, though this time around it wasn't out of the fear that everything was going to come crashing down around him- literally, at least. "Seems like no matter what we do, trouble just keeps finding us."

... He could only hope that this time around, trouble would leave no casualties in it's wake.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:32 pm

Post 27

Mauville City||North Stairwell||Midnight

"Mm? Oh. Yes, I'd definitely say he needs it." While Orion appreciated the sentiment, it was obvious that the other fox was focused on something other than their conversation. He didn't take offense; hell, he wanted out of the participating side too. Talking to others was horrifically stressful and exhausting, even if the subject was something as easy and enjoyable as bashing his brother. "It sounds like they found trouble. I picked up Calem's voice and he's not freaking out, which means the situation must be fine, but we should probably be on standby just in case..."

"As long as they don't end up bringing the trouble over here..." Orion found himself in silent agreement. "Seems like no matter what we do, trouble just keeps finding us."

"Sirius does that," he growled lightly. "It doesn't help that he just thinks that he can come out on top of anything-- I'm honestly surprised his fucking pride hasn't landed him in something's mouth yet."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:22 pm

Mauville City - Mauville Pokecenter | Late Night | 18

"We nearly got 'em!"  Calem nods to Mariel, who stations herself near the immobile pokemon, eyes sharp and watchful.  "Well, we'd better have; I'm in agony here!"

Unfortunately the world doesn't give a shit, even if Calem very much does.  He's in pain; no way he can defend himself.  They need to end this and quickly, but all he can do is order his pokemon to continue the attacks as they have been.  There's nothing new he can pull out to put a stop to the barrage any faster; two Pokemon are hard enough in such a mess to direct, Axel would lose his mind in such a small space, and Peach needs rest.  These two are his only available pokemon right now unless he calls Minerva over...

"I think we're almost done!  Just a little more!"

Just a little more; let it be enough.

---

"As long as they don't end up bringing the trouble over here..."  Hopefully they wouldn't have to, but if they really needed help...

"Seems like no matter what we do, trouble just keeps finding us."

"Sirius does that," added the disgruntled fox with a growl. "It doesn't help that he just thinks that he can come out on top of anything-- I'm honestly surprised his fucking pride hasn't landed him in something's mouth yet."

"... I sincerely hope he doesn't lead the rest of us into something's mouth, either." He certainly acted like he was in charge of this little group.  Was he actually?  Could there even be a leader when, minus her own, there were only two other pokemon here?

And she can't deny that Orion's staunch hatred of the other fox makes her wary.  Sure, he could be exaggerating or simply mistaken in some manner; she hasn't known either of them long enough to get a proper read on the situation, though Orion's note about Sirius trying to 'chain him to him' is rather worrying...

In apocalypse, is it worth risking that such accusations will turn out being false?  

"I'm sure if they need us to help with the situation, they'll call.  Calem knows when he's in over his head and he'll try to fix the situation as quickly as he can.  He's a capable trainer."

(I'll let Nightfall decide when the undead barrage ends, since I'm not the leader.)

little fairy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:54 pm