Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+5
Min
Abysswalker
Garchomp
renegade
NyraXerz
9 posters

(ACE) The MAUVILLE Team

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The MAUVILLE Team  - Page 7 Empty Re: (ACE) The MAUVILLE Team

Post by Silverishness Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Post 19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Mauville City||North Stairwell||Late Night

Orion had been content to just sit and pout as he waited for everyone else to finish finding out that the building was full of useless things. Or dead bodies. Or both, whatever. He hadn't expected, however, his name being called by anyone other than his own despicable brother. "Orion?" His head rose and his ears perked, unused to having a human call for him. Or having anyone call for him with that tone of voice. "Would... would you...?" Calem stuttered a bit and the blue fox's eyes narrowed a little as suspicion began to fill him. What, had Sirius already won him over? "Would you light my way so I could cover more ground? We'll be done a lot faster that way." He blinked in confusion and Calem seemed to take his silence for hesitation. Which... yeah, it kind of was. "We can split whatever we find between us?"

Though Orion had been leaning toward "no", the rabbit had to go and open his dumb mouth. "We don't have forever." Orion's sharp glare went to the rabbit, his decision made. No way he was going to agree with that bastard.

"Then look faster, asshole," Orion snapped back at him, rising from his spot on the debris and slinking to Calem. He pushed past the offending pokemon to get to Calem, his torch in his mouth. As he approached, he slowed, his eyes still somewhat carrying his wariness of people. Carefully removing the torch from his mouth, he awkwardly rose to his hind feet and craned the fire forward, to illuminate as much of the space ahead of Calem as possible. His breathing was a little quick and his eyes darted from Calem, to the unknown areas in the mart and then in Sirius' direction. He didn't like being this vulnerable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Mauville City - Mauville Pokecenter | Late Night | 10

"We don't have forever." Calem flinched at the sharpness, looking over at the rabbit.  

Orion, no shock, was more angry and more vocal about it. "Then look faster, asshole."

The fox shifted from his spot and slunk over to the boy, pushing past the others to get to him, holding his torch in his mouth. Calem regarded the odd choice with curiosity. Minerva didn't do that.  Sirius didn't, either. Was it a quirk of Orion's? It seemed pretty useful, really. Orion could probably move much faster that way than if he walked on his hind legs.

He slowed as he drew up to Calem's side, awkwardly moving to stand up and hold the torch aloft.  With a grateful smile, the boy moved deeper into the store, as far as the radius of light would allow, and checked over what was left.

It looked as if something knocked down several ceiling panels. As he shifted them aside, he lets out a soft noise of delight, his eyes lighting up as he turned to face Orion with his prize-- a backpack, and judging by its weight, it was full.  He was back at Orion's side in a few fast steps, opening the backpack. "Look, there's four hyper potions, a full heal- a super potion, too!" He raised his eyes again to smile at Orion. "Thank you for the help! What do you want from the bag?"

oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:44 pm

((Skip for now; Sirius is just prowling along the shelves, pretending that he's searching but really keeping an eye on Orion and Calem. The distant sounds of fighting echo in from beyond the walls.))
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:24 pm

Mauville City [Courtyard] | Late Night
    (26)

"Then look faster, asshole."

Or we could just leave before you get us all killed. The Normal type thought to himself, gaze narrowing to the point where it looked downright venomous. If those shambling freaks come after us, I know who I'm going to trip and run. A "pleasant" thought, but fantasizing could only help him out so much. Rolling his eyes, Madison began moving in the opposite direction, irritation winning over his desire to stick by the group for safety.

What use will this stuff even be? Those things won't give you a fair chance to stop and heal your Pokemon like a human. His foot bumped up against a container that seemed slightly heavier than the others. Glancing down curiously, the Lopunny crouched to investigate, reaching for the item he had nudged. It was difficult to tell for sure what color it was in the low light, but Madison thought it was probably pink. Reaching over to pick it up, he gave the bottle a quick shake, grinning just a little bit to himself. Seems pretty full.

Taking a brief glance over his shoulder, he looked back down at his finding. He could go and hand it over like a good little drone, especially considering the Lopunny hadn't the slightest idea how to use it. Nah. Slipping it into the long fur of his ears, Madison made sure it sufficiently hidden- and, regrettably, tangled- before standing back up.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:39 am

Post 20

He didn't like being this exposed. His belly was off the floor, his entire body was outstretched... Orion's eyes flicked around him, trying to spot any sort of surprise attack while he was in this odd position. "Look, there's four hyper potions, a full heal- a super potion, too!" Calem moved to show Orion, causing the fox to flinch. "Thank you for the help! What do you want from the bag?"

"I-I..." he stammered, shaking his head almost vehemently. His instincts screamed that this was some sort of trap and his mind started to run frantic because of it. People weren't this nice. Not to him. No one was this nice to him. He was exposed and vulnerable already, he couldn't risk becoming moreso-- "Y-you keep it." He quickly withdrew, unwilling to wait for Calem's reply. Once all four feet swiftly found the ground, he nearly slithered out of the Mart and back out into the dark night, keeping his back to the wall. He paused as he settled, however; sounds were ahead. Bad sounds. Sounds of a fight. His hackles raised and he made his way back to the others, his fangs bared in a fierce snarl.

"Did you just lead us right back to the assholes, Sirius?" he snapped in a harsh whisper. "Not get enough people killed the first fucking time?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:08 am

Mauville City - Mauville Pokecenter | Late Night | 11

The boy's smile begins to collapse as Orion shakes his head, almost as if the gesture will ward something off.  "I-I..."

Calem opens his mouth, about to assure him that it's okay, but Orion is a little too fast for him.  "Y-you keep it."

He pulls away, dropping down onto all fours, and the boy scrambles to follow him out, afraid of being left in the dark.  Though he moves quickly, it's not fast enough to leave Calem behind--indeed, he has to wonder if Orion was trying to ditch him.  The fox is healthy and has long limbs; he was fast to leave, but he could have moved faster if his goal was to put distance between them rather than to just leave the store and...

And the situation.

He made Orion uncomfortable somehow, but not uncomfortable enough to warrant one of his infamous cutting remarks.  What had frightened him?

Was... it his kindness?  But he was just returning the favor?

He stops before actually leaving the store.  If Orion needs to calm down after something...

No, he's not going to encroach on that.  Besids, he's now within Sirius's radius of light, and Mariel is there that's good enough for him.  He waits for the others to be done.

But he does not have to wait for long for something to happen.  Orion returns only minutes after leaving, teeth bared, his whisper a hiss of accusation.  "Did you just lead us right back to the assholes, Sirius? Not get enough people killed the first fucking time?"

"H-huh?"  Calem feels the color drain from his face, Mariel stiffening at his side as she turns her head towards where the conflict must be.  With her aura vision, they at least know exactly where the problem is.  "Oh no is that in the way of our escape path?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Mauville City [Poke Mart]/Midnight (27)

There was no doubt about it; the sounds were faint, but were coming from behind the northern wall of the Mart. Sirius could hear vicious snarls, roars and the occasional crash. It sounded like some undead had had a disagreement.

He ignored Orion as, of course, he made it out to be aaaaaall his fault and all part of his genius master plan to have them killed. Sirius considered himself a patient Pokemon, especially where others were concerned, but his brother's compulsive hatred for him was really starting to get on his nerves.

"H-huh? Oh no is that in the way of our escape path?" Calem fretted. Sirius's large ears rotated as he listened. It certainly sounded as though they were in the northern part of the city; indeed, in the way of their escape. The Delphox frowned as he cupped his chin in his hand.

"...I'm thinking one of us should go and check it out," he finally said. "Just to scout it out. If they're preoccupied enough, we might be able to slip past them without them noticing. Or, heck, they could've moved on by the time we're done here, but I don't want to take any chances." He had a feeling that not many of his little comrades would like that plan, so he added, "I'll go if no one else wants to."
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:27 pm

(27)

He had to resist the urge to say "I told you so," in his most obnoxious know-it-all voice. Oh, what do you know? It looks like I was right. Gee, Madison, I sure am sorry I ever doubted you. Who knew common sense was so difficult to come by these days? If he rolled his eyes any harder, they would probably pop out of his head. He was really starting to regret not making a break for it sooner back when everyone else seemingly had the same bright idea.

"Oh no is that in the way of our escape path?" That was absolutely the last thing the Normal type even wanted to think about, his expression twisting into a grimace that probably would have been more effective if he had any remotely sharp teeth to speak of.

"It better not be." The Lopunny grumbled. "If it is, we're screwed."

"...I'm thinking one of us should go and check it out. Just to scout it out. If they're preoccupied enough, we might be able to slip past them without them noticing. Or, heck, they could've moved on by the time we're done here, but I don't want to take any chances." The suggestion seemed reasonable in theory, but Madison still made a face, regardless. Like hell he was going out there! Thankfully, the Fire type quickly answered his concern before he had a chance to voice it. "I'll go if no one else wants to."

"Not it." He called out helpfully, raising a hand.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:30 pm

Post 21

"Oh no is that in the way of our escape path?" As Calem fretted, Orion's eyes stayed on his brother, filling to the brim with hate. The cocky fucker ruined everything. Brought strangers unwittingly to his hidey hole, doggedly hunted him down and now, he'd led them straight back to some nasties.

"It better not be." The Lopunny grumbled. "If it is, we're screwed." For once, he agreed with the bitchy rabbit.

"...I'm thinking one of us should go and check it out. Just to scout it out. If they're preoccupied enough, we might be able to slip past them without them noticing. Or, heck, they could've moved on by the time we're done here, but I don't want to take any chances." Orion stared at Sirius, half-expecting him to volunteer Orion for his terrible fucking idea. "I'll go if no one else wants to."

Oh, well, lookie there. "Not it," the rabbit chimed.

"You should have a look, brother dear," he snarled. "Since you're the one that got us into this fucking mess."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:23 am

Mauville City - Mauville Pokecenter | Late Night | 12

Calem stares in fear at the great maw of the dark hallway.  He doesn't want to know what could be down there, he really doesn't.

"It better not be. If it is, we're screwed." Pretty much.  

His anxiety spikes.

"...I'm thinking one of us should go and check it out. Just to scout it out. If they're preoccupied enough, we might be able to slip past them without them noticing. Or, heck, they could've moved on by the time we're done here, but I don't want to take any chances."  And if they encounter trouble?  What are they supposed to do?  Scream and hope the others hear them?  Run back before the threat sees them? "I'll go if no one else wants to."

"Not it."

"You should have a look, brother dear, since you're the one that got us into this fucking mess."

Mariel is looking at him.  Oh.  Oh duh.

"A-actually- Mariel and I could?"

"If I can get a bit closer, I can see if they're undead or not with my aura vision," she explains.  

"W-we're also a very strong team so if we have to fight we'll probably be okay."  It's too quiet for a horde and that demon dragon would be on them by now if that was it...

Mariel is also fast and can just scoop him up and book it.  That's another thing to keep in mind.

Better than anyone getting hurt needlessly.

little fairy

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:40 pm

Mauville City [Poke Mart]/Midnight (28)

"Not it," Madison said, raising a paw. Sirius cast him a scornful look from across the room. Well, thank you. Aren't you useless.

The sounds of the battle were getting louder. Sirius wished he could just shut himself in a closet with his hands over his ears. If their only escape route truly was blocked off ... he didn't know what they would do. He clenched his jaw, his heart beginning to pound as the tension rose.

Orion's nasty snarl struck a nerve, and he spun around on his brother with a glare. "You should have a look, brother dear. Since you're the one that got us into this fucking mess."

"Oh, shut up!" he hissed, snapping and throwing an empty Potion bottle at him. "I'm trying to get us out of this! Instead of sitting there being useless and constantly complaining maybe you can actually help me out!"

The Delphox took a deep breath; he had to calm down. As much as he felt like throttling Orion, now was not the time.

It looked as though he was going after all. Sirius sighed; he was beginning to wish he hadn't volunteered.

But to his alarm, Calem spoke up. "A-actually- Mariel and I could?"

"If I can get a bit closer, I can see if they're undead or not with my aura vision," his Lucario said. Sirius nodded. He sure wished he could get some of that aura vision for himself. It sounded pretty damn handy.

"W-we're also a very strong team so if we have to fight we'll probably be okay."

"We don't know how many of them there are," Sirius pointed out, scratching his snout thoughtfully. "There could be a whole horde for all we know..."

"Tell you what," he said after a moment. "I'll come with you and hang back once you get in there. If there's any trouble, shout and I'll come and help. I know you have a team of Pokemon and all that, but it hardly seems fair to let you go on your own."

He retrieved his staff from where he'd lodged it, and puffed on its flame. The shadows along the walls danced. "You two stay here," he said, casting a particularly stern look at Orion. "We'll come and let you know when it's clear."
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:31 pm

(28)

Hey, if anything he was at least honest. And he didn't really see much of anything wrong with Orion's suggestion either, so long as he wasn't the one getting thrown under the bus. Sure, be the hero. Go investigate. Just leave Madison himself out of it, thank you very much.

"A-actually- Mariel and I could?" The human's voice caught his attention, the Normal type turning to stare at him with mild surprise. Huh. In all honesty, the Lopunny wasn't sure whether to label him a fool or a hero for sticking his neck out so willingly, especially when the other half of their little group was so reluctant to do so- "logical," Madison wanted to call them.

"If I can get a bit closer, I can see if they're undead or not with my aura vision."

"That's actually not a bad idea." Even the Lopunny had to admit. "It wouldn't be nearly as dangerous." Though still not safe enough for him to volunteer himself to go along willingly. Thankfully, it soon became apparent that he had a job of his own to do.

"You two stay here. We'll come and let you know when it's clear." It was through a brief stroke of genius that he decided to keep his mouth shut, but Madison couldn't help but think that he was being assigned an unspoken job as babysitter. He made a face at the thought, but didn't comment. Better that than potentially stumbling into an even bigger mess; the lesser of two evils.

"Fine."
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Post 22

"Oh, shut up!" Sirius exploded. Orion hissed as he avoided the empty potion bottle thrown at him, his teeth bared once again. Yeah, way to keep your fucking calm, you fucker. "I'm trying to get us out of this! Instead of sitting there being useless and constantly complaining maybe you can actually help me out!"

"Throwing a fucking tantrum yourself won't fucking help either, shitbag!" he snapped back, throwing it back at Sirius.

But as he was about to lunge at Sirius and shut his fucking mouth for good, Calem spoke up, startling him. "A-actually- Mariel and I could?" Stunned, he stayed put and listened to the others talk.

"If I can get a bit closer, I can see if they're undead or not with my aura vision."

"W-we're also a very strong team so if we have to fight we'll probably be okay."

"That's actually not a bad idea." Orion's head swiveled to watch the giant rabbit, unsure of what to think about him condoning Orion's only allies into the fire pit. "It wouldn't be nearly as dangerous."

"We don't know how many of them there are," Sirius helpfully blathered. Ugh, seriously, Orion just wanted to throw him at a hoard and be fucking done with him. "There could be a whole horde for all we know..."

"Tell you what," he said after a moment. "I'll come with you and hang back once you get in there. If there's any trouble, shout and I'll come and help. I know you have a team of Pokemon and all that, but it hardly seems fair to let you go on your own." As if to puntuate his point, Sirius retrieved his staff and lit it with a flash of flair that made Orion want to retch. "You two stay here." The look he gave Orion caused the latter's hackles to raise. "We'll come and let you know when it's clear."

"Fine. Only because staying away from those undead assholes was my first plan. You can throw yourself at them for all I fucking care."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:07 pm

Mauville City - Mauville Pokecenter | Late Night | 13

"That's actually not a bad idea."  Oh, good!  The rabbit agrees.  Calem feels his tense body relax, just slightly, at the notion that his idea wasn't regarded as horrible. "It wouldn't be nearly as dangerous."

"We don't know how many of them there are," Sirius reasoned.  That is entirely true.  They do not.  But they would soon enough?  Mariel count count the auras... assuming that there weren't too many too close together. "There could be a whole horde for all we know..."

Calem opens his mouth to speak, but Sirius picks up again, and the human closes his mouth to see what he'll have to say.

"Tell you what; I'll come with you and hang back once you get in there. If there's any trouble, shout and I'll come and help. I know you have a team of Pokemon and all that, but it hardly seems fair to let you go on your own." Well... depending on the size of the horde... he could be right.  Still, the fact that he's going to hang back while they venture deeper than him is kind of odd.  Why not just... walk with them...?  

Sirius lights his torch and Orion looks nauseated by it. "You two stay here."  He pauses to give Orion in particular a look, and Calem can't help but frown.  He's not a child... "We'll come and let you know when it's clear."

"Fine." He's not happy about it, but Calem supposes he sees no interest in arguing even if he's sort of been regulated to babysitter.  Unsurprising.  What does surprise him is Orion acquiescing to the command... though not without bitterness.

"Fine. Only because staying away from those undead assholes was my first plan. You can throw yourself at them for all I fucking care."

Making a split second decision, the words and pokeball are out before Sirius can object to it.  "I'll leave them some backup in case trouble comes from any other side."

Mariel watches with deep satisfaction as her trainer tosses the pokeball to the ground.  This is so out of norm with his behavior, it's stunning.  But marvellous.  The boy so rarely displays backbone.  It must be the lack of humans, she realizes with a jolt.  Humans had a way of cowing and frightening him that Pokemon never did.  The lack of humans and someone who just wants to be left alone (but whose wish is denied) probably sparked this.

As Minerva materializes and her pokeball boomerangs back to Calem, Mariel finds herself glancing at Orion.  The new psychic fox on the scene stretches.

"Good morning, Calem.  Or evening, it looks like."  She looks up at the sky, pulling her stick out and lighting it automatically.  "Oh, a city?  It's been a long time."

"Mariel and I are heading down that way-" he points to the forbidding mouth of the hallway- "and we'll hopefully be back soon.  You and Graygnarl are gonna stay here in case something scary comes wandering down this way from another direction, okay?  Normally I'd ask Peach, because emotional radar, could sense incoming problems better, but she needs sleep."

"Got it," Minerva says as she accepts a Pokeball from Calem. "Be careful, yeah?"

"No promises," he replies, giving a nervous laugh to try to ease himself.  It doesn't quite work.  "Don't let Gray out unless trouble comes; no sense in making the courtyard feel cramped.  See you in a few?"

"I'd better, mister, or I will be sorely disappointed."  She pats his arm with a teasing little smile, and he snorts, returning the pat before turning to join Mariel at the entrance to the unknown.  Here they go.

They step inside and start to walk down, walking slowly enough for Sirius to follow but stay back a bit.

little fairy

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:33 pm

Mauville City [Central Courtyard]/Midnight (29)

Not everything was turning out so disastrous after all; the Poke Ball that Calem took out next turned out to contain one hell of a fine vixen. Sirius found that his hands moved to his chest to smooth out his fur, and was so occupied in staring at female Delphox that he barely noticed the Potion bottle clonk him on the side of his head.

He watched as Calem gave her another one of his Poke Balls. "Don't let Gray out unless trouble comes; no sense in making the courtyard feel cramped.  See you in a few?"

"I'd better, mister, or I will be sorely disappointed."

"I'll see you later too!" Sirius went to follow Calem and Mariel, but not before sneaking the lovely lady a quick wink as he hurried out into the courtyard.

The darkness, as always, was suffocating. Sirius intensified the flame on his torch, encapsulating them in a ball of light. They turned the corner and crept down the northern path between the PokeCenter and the Mart.

Eventually they reached a large set of glass doors, coated in grime and blood. Sirius stopped, and reached for Calem's arm. Whatever was in there was literally right behind those doors; he could hear the undeads' shrieks and snarls as though they were right next to them. He struggled to suppress a shudder.

"So, err ... looks like it may have to be an ambush," he whispered, poking at his torchflame. The urge to turn and run screaming in the opposite direction was overwhelming. Maybe if he blinded himself he'd be let off the hook. "Any ideas?" 'Cause I sure as hell haven't got any.
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Mauville City [PokeMart] | Late Night
    (29)

Well, the plan didn't exactly go over smoothly, but it was smoother than Madison could have ever hoped for, and for that at least he was somewhat thankful.

The Lopunny remained silent and relatively detached, only barely listening to the conversation until something managed to catch his attention. "I'll leave them some backup in case trouble comes from any other side." Some backup? Oh hallelujah, that meant he wouldn't have to stand around awkwardly with blue and grumpy. Ears visibly perking up, the Normal type watched with interest as the human tossed out a pokeball, and with a flash of light materialized...

... Another fox? Well geez, wasn't this an odd little coincidence. He could only hope this one would be a little more friendly than the likes of Orion, though that wasn't really an unreasonably high level of expectations. Judging from the way she spoke to the human, she didn't seem too bad.

Unfortunately, his brief moment of optimism wasn't meant to last; it was crushed under a monumental wave of secondhand embarrassment courtesy of Sirius.

"I'll see you later too!" Did he. Did he just wink? Madison made a noise somewhere between a choke and a laugh, averting his gaze and pretending to be so terribly interested in something in the complete opposite direction. Wow, buddy. That's pretty rough. As in, the opposite of smooth.

Clearing his throat, he uncomfortably kicked a bit of trash on the ground. "Well, I'm Madison." The rabbit offered lamely, not really sure what else he could possibly say.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:20 am

Post 23

Before Sirius the Magnificent can object, Calem tossed out a pokeball. "I'll leave them some backup in case trouble comes from any other side." "Backup"? More Pokemon? Christ. Orion shuffled back into the debris, trying to hide further from whatever new stranger was going to be sharing his space. At least this new person likely wasn't a raging cock-juggler like his brother.

What emerged from the ball was none other than a female of his own species --a mature, beautiful vixen. Orion's ears flattened against his head as he stared in discontent at Calem. What, was this some kind of joke? They didn't have enough Delphoxes running around, he felt the need to bring out another one? "Good morning, Calem. Or evening, it looks like." Blue hackles once against began to raise as the female's calm, gentle tone only succeeded in raising Orion's own personal red flags. This feeling was only accentuated by the sheer revulsion when Orion stole a glance at his littermate; he was quickly patting down stray fur and getting himself more presentable. Oh, God, Sirius' ego was going to fucking suffocate him. "Oh, a city? It's been a long time."

"Mariel and I are heading down that way-" Calem informed his pokemon, "and we'll hopefully be back soon. You and Graygnarl are gonna stay here in case something scary comes wandering down this way from another direction, okay? Normally I'd ask Peach, because emotional radar, could sense incoming problems better, but she needs sleep."

"Got it," the female affirmed as she took the offered pokeball. That was just a weird sight: a pokemon holding another's pokeball. "Be careful, yeah?"

"No promises," he nervously replied. "Don't let Gray out unless trouble comes; no sense in making the courtyard feel cramped. See you in a few?"

"I'd better, mister, or I will be sorely disappointed."

"I'll see you later too!" Sirius chimed as they both trotted out of sight, earning a small dry heave from his blue counterpart. Fucking disgusting.

There was a moment of silence between the three of them, a moment that, surprisingly enough, was disrupted by the rabbit. "Well, I'm Madison."

"...Orion," he regretfully supplied. "I need to get out of here before that asshole's pheromones fucking choke me to death." He skulked past the other Delphox, taking his other spot on the pile of debris he'd claimed a few minutes prior.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:54 am

Mauville City - Mauville Pokecenter | Late Night | 14

"I'll see you later too!"

Calem glanced at Minerva to see how, exactly, she was taking that being thrown her way.  Her head had snapped back in shock, staring at Sirius as though he must have lost his mind.  However, they're gone before she can speak to him, and Calem is left to wonder as they ease their way down the hallway into the darkness what Minerva is saying to the others about their 'leader.'

While Sirius's stupidity had given him a few moments of reprieve, something slightly amusing to focus on, it didn't last very long.  The darkness snuffed it out, as it does all things, and he finds himself wishing he had brought Minerva as a source of light-- Sirius's single torch flame didn't feel like enough to combat the silent void pressing in around them, trying to swallow them up.  

He sees the glass doors and the blood on it before he feels the hand on his arm.  Mariel's own hands grip his arm, giving him just enough grounding to keep the boy from jumping and shrieking at the sudden, unexpected touch from the still-a-stranger.

"So, err ... looks like it may have to be an ambush," whispered the fox.

An ambush?  He can't be suggesting they ambush the undead on the other side of the door, right?

"Any ideas?"

"There's five of them," Mariel mutters.  "I can't tell what they are, but aura size usually indicates the size of the person.  There's one near the door and it's not very large, but it's quite strong.  We could probably take it if Sirius and I attack at once."

"If we're quiet enough do you think the other undead would hear it?"

"There's a good chance they would, since it's definitely going to put up a fight unless we immediately headshot it, but I'm not sure what other options we have."  She squints at the doors.  "These are glass; I'd suggest wiping at them to see if that gives us any clearer vision, but there's probably obstruction on the other side.  Wiping this side likely wouldn't help."

"I mean... I do have a rag in my bag, and it wouldn't make noise, so it's worth a shot."  He digs out the rag to show her, and she nods.  Calem steps forward and wipes at the door, hoping that once they can see the undead a bit more clearly, they can get a better plan together than just 'attack the one near the door and hope for the best.'

---

"Did he just-"

Minerva stares after Sirius in shock, face wrinkling in disgust as it sinks in that yes, he really did just hit on her within .5 seconds of knowing her.  What in the bloody hell.

The rabbit, thank god for him, decides to break the moment's silence that follows with an introduction.  "Well, I'm Madison."

"...Orion."  He's not happy about giving out his name, but at least he did.  It's better than referring to him in her mind as 'the blue fox' all the time.  "I need to get out of here before that asshole's pheromones fucking choke me to death."

As he skulks past her, Minerva waves a hand at the mouth of the hallway the others disappeared into.  "So is he always like that?"  Because if he's going to be hitting on her all the time, she's going to ram that stick some place he won't appreciate.

(Nightfall can decide whether or not they clean the doors enough to gain better vision of what's on the other side.)

little fairy

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Mauville City [Central Courtyard]/Midnight (30)

"There's five of them," Mariel whispered, the aura sensors on the back of her head twitching. "I can't tell what they are, but aura size usually indicates the size of the person.  There's one near the door and it's not very large, but it's quite strong.  We could probably take it if Sirius and I attack at once."

Sirius stopped anxiously tugging at his fur long enough to stare at the Lucario. Wait, me? This hadn't been the plan at all! He was the one with the entire team full of tough Pokemon; Sirius had only offered to go along to, you know, be polite. Wasn't it his job to go in, guns blazing, and deal with the issue himself?

The Delphox fully extinguished his torch, shrouding them in darkness, and began to slowly back away. He wondered how long it would take them to notice if he sneaked off.

"If we're quiet enough do you think the other undead would hear it?" Calem asked.

"There's a good chance they would, since it's definitely going to put up a fight unless we immediately headshot it, but I'm not sure what other options we have. These are glass," Mariel said, looking at the grimy doors, "I'd suggest wiping at them to see if that gives us any clearer vision, but there's probably obstruction on the other side.  Wiping this side likely wouldn't help."

Wipe ... the doors? And give whatever was behind there a chance to spot them before they could do anything? Sirius personally wasn't fond of that idea. But they didn't even have anything to clean off the dirt in the first place, so maybe they wouldn't have to--

"I mean... I do have a rag in my bag, and it wouldn't make noise, so it's worth a shot."

Yes. Of course he did. Well isn't that just ssssswell?

Calem stepped forward and started wiping the door before he could protest. Sirius shrugged to himself; maybe it wouldn't turn out to be a complete disaster after all; maybe they'd have time to work out a cunning battle plan and they could go in there and kill all the infected in one go. Then maybe Calem could see that Orion was wrong about him.

He crept forward to peak over Calem's shoulder as the dirt slowly faded away to reveal the other side, which was just as dark and creepy as the one they were on now. Awesome. But as the last of the grime was removed, and Sirius peered closer to try and get a better view, a sudden movement made him almost jump out of his fur and he leaped back with a yelp of fright.

Staring through the glass back at them was a furious, blazing red eye.

"Oh sssshiiiiit..."
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:19 pm

( Please skip me this round. )
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Post 24

"So is he always like that?" Orion scoffed at the other fox's question. He hunkered down a little more into the debris, preferring the feeling of security.

"He's an insufferable ass," the blue fox growled, settling more into the debris. "He's always an insufferable ass. Have fun with him trying to hitting on you 24/7."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:00 am

Mauville City - Mauville Pokecenter | Late Night | 15

As the grime comes (a little) away, a single red eye glows at them from the darkness, and Calem barely has time to register Sirius's hushed curse before he gasps a "Aura sphere!" to Mariel.  

If they don't act now that thing will come through the glass and kill them, and thankfully, Mariel has as little intetion of allowing that to happen as Calem does.  Light gathers in her palms and she throws it, the orb piercing the glass and slamming right into the creature's eye, blood spurting out as Calem tosses a pokeball to the ground.  Ruto materializes with a grunt, a growl, and a shake of her shoulders to loosen her muscles, sensing the terrified energy immediately and ready to fight off whatever she needs to in order to protect her family.

---

"He's an insufferable ass. He's always an insufferable ass."  

Oh this is going to be fun.  So much fun.

"Have fun with him trying to hitting on you 24/7."

"... I'm going to have to make sure he knows I won't be having that."  Not that such a thing would likely do much, but... well, she could try at least.

"So what's your story? I suppose Calem got lost in here trying to cut through the city; did the same thing happen to you?"

little fairy

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Mauville City [Central Courtyard]/Midnight (31)

Idiot. Idiot, idiot, idiot! Humans were so stupid! That thing on the other side had seen them, their entire plan was ruined and they were all going to die. All because he happened to have a spare rag.

Sirius reeled backwards, holding out his staff with a trembling hand. Any second now the entire horde would come crashing out and tear them both to shreds.

"Aura sphere!" Calem yelled, and a ball of blue light appeared between Mariel's paws. The door exploded into a storm of glass and blood. Sirius directed psychic energy into his staff to deflect the deadly shards, reeling backwards at the force of the attack. Good grief, these Lucario packed some power.

As the dust settled, he saw that whatever had been behind the door was now nothing more than a few chunks of meat. That was a relief, apart from the fact that his buddies were looking very mad indeed. Their shrieks and snarls echoed off the walls as all four of them surged towards them.

"Here they come," Sirius said, bracing himself as Calem released a burly-looking Blastoise. Oh yes, they had this in the bag. These dumb lumps of flesh were done for. He spun his staff in graceful circles, conjuring his power as its tip began to crackle with energy.

"Let's do this," he grinned, tossing a Shadow Ball into the chest of a Manectric. "We're getting out of this shithole!"
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:12 pm

Mauville City [PokeMart] | Late Night
    (30)

"He's an insufferable ass. He's always an insufferable ass. Have fun with him trying to hitting on you 24/7." While Madison's opinion was a little more neutral, he couldn't exactly say the attempts at flirting weren't more than a little cringe-worthy.

"Ooh, you should really mess with him!" The Normal type's smile curled into a mischievous little smirk, legitimate excitement coloring his tone at the thought of toying with someone else- or at least advising someone else to do so. In his defense, he had been somewhat lacking in terms of entertainment recently; trickery and manipulation had practically been a way of life for the rabbit, and it would have been a lie to say that he was more than a little nostalgic for it. "That's leverage; use it to your advantage."

He supposed, however, that it probably didn't make for very pleasant conversation.

"So what's your story?  I suppose Calem got lost in here trying to cut through the city; did the same thing happen to you?"

"I'm just trying not to die." Madison divulged informatively. Then again, who wasn't? There had never really been much of a goal or an ultimate destination for him otherwise; he just did whatever he possibly could to see tomorrow. So far, he had been successful- a streak the Normal type wanted to remain unbroken for as long as possible.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 am

Post 25

"Ooh, you should really mess with him!" The rabbit's sudden bout of malice and mischief completely caught Orion off guard; he had wholly taken the other pokemon for one of Sirius' many cheerleaders in life, a missionary to preach his sparkling pure personality and motives to the world. Honestly, this moment was the most Orion had liked the guy. "That's leverage; use it to your advantage."

"That's a fantastic idea."

The other fox didn't seem terribly invested in immature pranks, however, and didn't comment on the idea. Pity. That would have been the first pleasurable event he'd had in near a week. "So what's your story? I suppose Calem got lost in here trying to cut through the city; did the same thing happen to you?"

"I'm just trying not to die," the rabbit offered. Orion felt no need to pry for embellishment; he liked simple. And that was as simple a fucking answer as he'd ever heard.

"I hid here for a while. Then Sirius found me and started trying to chain me to him." Orion hadn't intended his voice swiftly becoming a growl as he recounted the night. "Fucking asshole. I met your trainer while trying to get away from him."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:32 am