Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+14
Mesprit
Kaze
Apos
Nightfall
Requiem
Ariados
Jirachi
Abysswalker
Drago
Ho-Oh
renegade
Sableye
Negative10
Suicune
18 posters

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 26 Empty Re: (ACE) The OLIVINE Team

Post by Kaze Sat May 30, 2015 12:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Battle Castle | Noon | (39)

"Oh we could make a fire pit!" Kaze suggests with a flick of his wing-like fins. "I just need to get some of these bigger chunks of rock and we arrange them in a circle so the fire doesn't get out then we put everything we want to burn inside. We just need a hole for the smoke to go out."
    He frowns and sticks out his tongue.
    "It's gonna smell really bad. We should burn everything before we fix the walls."
    He raises one green finger.
    "I know another thing too. If we put fire on mud then it'll bake into clay and clay is hard. You're going to need a lot of fire." He smiles at the two fire types and a faint glow spreads across his finger tips.
    "I'll put all the junk over here to get started. He declares and focuses his psychic powers. He never had much skill with these powers, at first being taught to use the visual appeal then to apply them as brute force. The practical aspects where things he had only started playing with in this dreamworld...But some of this junk was too awkward to carry properly with his hands. The bodies dangling in mid-air he tosses to the side dismissively and starts piling any junk that looks like it will burn around them. The boards he puts to the side while sweeping the floor for anything that looks like it might be useful. Urgh, everything is so grimy. This place probably looked really neat when it was new...

Hayato banks before he faces the threat of an electric bolt to the face and lands neatly beside them. Drawing himself up properly he is the tallest of the three and he hides his beak beneath his wing and chuckles.
    "What did I startle you?" He laughs and takes wing again, hovering just above the duo's heads. "I'd be careful sweetheart. Not all birds are as kind as me. You're lucky I decided to drop it to remind you to pay attention to the skies rather than to carry you off and eat your eyeballs." He spreads his wings dramatically, his blood red eyes gleaming.
    The dark type chuckles.
    "Count yourself lucky that Kaze would be shocked if you died. Otherwise I might take my chances with sparky there."
    Before the Jolteon can launch an attack at him the Honchkrow takes off, gaining altitude swiftly to try and find something to prey on that wasn't affiliated with his group. Kaze hated it whenever he killed a Pokemon with a name, player killing he referred to it as, because it 'ruined the immersion'. He'd gotten into the habit of eating on the spot. Something tasty, not too big to drag back...
    His red eyes focus through the trees below for the slightest twitch of movement.
    There!
    He folds his wings in and dives with his killing claws outstretched. The Buneary tries to flee as soon as the flying type's shadow passes over it but he adjusts his dive to the normal type's flight and a set of talons hit it squarely in the neck. With a deft flick of his beak Hayato gleefully rips out its eyes and swallows them. Blood pools around his dark claws. Delicious. While the meat was still warm he digs his beak into the chestnut brown furry belly of the rabbit-like pokemon and tears upwards. With the claws of his feet he gouges out the intestines to reveal the glistening viscera of the tender organ meat. Heart, liver, kidneys, lungs...He swallows them all still coated in blood and warm from the freshness of the kill before tucking the rest of the eviscerated body into a tree as he hunts for more food to satisfy all those back in the castle.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:20 am

Inside the Battle Castle| |Afternoon
    90| |67

The serpent can only raise her scaled brow at the Ninetales' mumbling. The hallways are too small? Surely if such a massive snake such as herself was able to slither through, there must be enough room for three? Furthermore, the majority of them are all on the relatively small size. Mist instinctively angles her head when she hears the soft mumble of the fire-type's voice, tilting her skull to hear her words more easily.

"And I might have trouble, you know.. being unable to see."

Ah, that's why.

Mel's soft, hushed mumbles almost breaks Mist's heart. "They think I am useless now." The serpent shifts her coils, gently curling her form around the fox as she speaks. "And they're right.." The Arbok frowns at the remark, a slight flicker of concern showing in her good eye as she eases herself closer to the floor, closer to where the vulpine lay.

"I don't think you're useless." Mist's voice is a subtle hum, just above a whisper, each vowel resonating from her throat. "Because no one entire being is ever useless. Useless in some forms, in some situations, yes--but one whole being? No. Just because something can't be used in one way doesn't mean it can't be used in another." She blinks, a flicker of her tongue accompanying the slow hiss of her words. "One key does not fit all locks. You have to find the lock that it fits, that it's meant for. There will always be one. A life doesn't find worth in what you can and can't do. It finds worth in what you try."

"A lack of sight is not inherently a bad thing. See, a body is made to live. To live means to survive, to maintain abilities and consciousness to keep oneself safe and fed. When a part of the body is damaged or goes missing, it will know, and it will work to remedy it. If it can't fix it, it will fill it with something else. Think of it like a tree falling in the forest: it will leave a mark, it will cause destruction, but overtime other plants and trees will quickly grow over it. It is not the same, but it will still replenish the space. Eventually they will grow to the point where you would've never known the tree had ever fallen."

Mist manages a gentle smile, giving the fox a soft prod on the side using her tail. "So the exact same will happen to you, or maybe it already began. Whether it is your sense of smell, or ability to hear...who knows, maybe you'll have better hearing than Ven does?" She gives an encouraging laugh, a soft sigh. "I do not think of you as useless. Anyways, I couldn't have asked for better company."

[ooc: skipping ven b/c i'm struggling to post from phone orz]
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:34 am

Battle Castle|Afternoon

The Houndoom stopped when the Electric type stopped. When he looked at the Electrike, Rosko was noticing him breathing heavy. Something he said might have triggered a flashback for the small electric type.  "S-she.. There was an.. an accident." The Dark Type had no idea what Etin was about to say next. "An.. Umbreon.. A-attacked us while we were in the Cafe. It blasted the w-windows in and Mel was.. right in front of it." Rosko was shocked to hear that happen to such a pokemon and as the small electric type continued so did Rosko's feelings towards Melanie. "I picked every single fleck of glass out of her," To his dismay though, Rosko couldn't help but feel that Melanie was wanting to help them out despite what happened to her. "But the damage was already done." The Houndoom felt he shouldn't have asked if it brought up a painful memory. What's done is done though. Now he knew why the ninetails couldn't see and what happened to her. Poor lass, wish there was something I be trading her for. The dark type thought.

As they started continuing onwards the smell of something musty was getting stronger. "The entire place is pretty musty but it's definitely stronger down here." The Electric type was picking it up as well, so Rosko felt that he wasn't the only one picking up the scent. "Least it doesn't smell like anything fresh has been around this way." That said, the houndoom agreed. "Aye lad, there be no bilge rattatas here, but I rather be ready in case one pops out." Rosko wasn't sure if there was anything down this path, but the more he thought about it, the more he felt relaxed about this search. Maybe there wasn't anything on the left side except for a damp dusty carpet underneath their feet. The Houndoom started sniffing the air around him more. The smell was still coming from deeper within the hall, but at least Etin was right about nothing being down this way for a long time. It was a matter of time before they found the source of the smell, but for now, they continued searching for any lingering undead that could be hiding behind the walls.

While walking further down the hall, Rosko started hearing the sound of water. Maybe this could be the source of the damp smell they been picking up. "Lad I be hearing water down this way. That might be what we be smelling as well." The Houndoom said. While sniffing the air some more, the dark type remembered how he was sniffing around for any rattatas that might have stowed away aboard the boat for food. He also remembered the captain releasing them back into the wild after making port in nearby regions. As he pressed on, he felt maybe he should tell Etin how he lost his sight in his right eye. "Etin, I thought I should tell ye this since I didn't tell ye this earlier, but I can't see out of me right eye." Rosko took a deep breath and then told him how it happened. "Ye see, I had a fight with a Zangoose and it attacked me. It got me eye and since then I couldn't see out of it ever again." He remembered it was team plasma that caused him to lose his sight in the right eye. Rosko remembered the pain and how much he tried to fight with his eye closed.

While walking, Rosko could relate to Etin's story to what happened to Melanie. The Houndoom started sniffing the carpet and it was starting to get a damp, moldy smell the further they progressed. He pulled his head back away from the carpet. It looked like the water was up to here and they're bound to find where the water could be at. "Mold? The water must have been up to here before." The Houndoom said. As he started to listen around sounds of dripping water was nearby. "Ye here that Etin?" Rosko asked.
    Mesprit
    Mesprit

Post by Mesprit Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Inside the Battle Castle || Afternoon || Post 10
    Flying quietly alongside the foxes, Mesprit delved into her thoughts, thinking about her brothers, and how they were doing. She hadn't heard from them in a long time, and they were either blocked, or too far away from her for the emotion legend to sense them. All her life, she had the warm yellow and blue feelings of her brothers, and now that they were absent, those warm feelings were gone, leaving a cold pit that made the legend sick with worry. Are they just out of range? I've never come across this feeling before, but maybe it's because we were usually in the same region? She thought, halting-mid air a moment to place her small hands to her chest, where that warm feeling had once resided. Now all that lay there was a cold lump. It almost made the legend fly away then and there, wanting to find her brothers.

"So, do you know the way around the Battle Frontier?" Golden eyes snapped up from her hands that had yet to move from their spot to the Jolteon and Eevee. The duo had moved ahead of her, and the Emotion Pixie had to move quickly to catch up to them before they moved out of sight. Her hands dropped to her side as she came back into the fox's range of sight, a childish feeling of jealousy pinging her in the chest when she saw how well the Eevee and Jolteon got along. The legend shook her head to rid herself of those thoughts. Now was not the time.

"Can't say that I do. I guess we'll have to wander around aimlessly for the rest of our lives." Stifling a giggle behind one light blue hand, Mesprit grinned at the Jolteon's humour from behind the safety of the hand. For an undead, they certainly still had an amusing attitude. "I'm so glad you're back. I missed you a lot."

"Whatever floats your Gogoat, Miss Legend." Miss... Legend? Mesprit sighed quietly. She didn't see what the big deal about the title was. "Just Mesprit, please Rebel. 'Miss Legend' makes it sound like I'm something grand like Father." She said quietly, almost a whisper. The Legend wasn't sure if Rebel had heard her, and she didn't mind either way.

"Cinder found some berries in the plants outside the Frontier. Think that'd be okay?" Miyu called out to Rebel, though the Jolteon didn't seem to be listening. Mesprit's golden eyes narrowed slightly. The look the Jolteon wore was one of hunger.

"Huh?" Even as the Electric type said it, they were reeling back on track to the conversation. "Oh, uh, yeah. Let's see..." Mesprit kept relatively close as they explored the forested area, looking at a few berry bushes that had overripe and fermented berries. She frowned lightly. Surely there was a fresh bush somewhere...

"Look~!" Looking up from where she was searching, Mesprit flew over to where Miyu and Rebel were investigating a bush that held several ripe, red, spiky Tamato Berries. The bashful smile that Miyu gave Rebel was not missed by the Legend. "Those are Tamato Berries. I don't like them." Mesprit could almost feel the exasperation coming from the Jolteon. Even still, once the duo moved on, Mesprit gathered a few of the red berries in case others in the group wanted some of them.

"Reb, these are-- huh?" After gathering a small amount of Tamato Berries, Mesprit looked up to see Miyu looking around for a certain missing Jolteon. Eyes narrowing, the Legend searched the grass around them. "What the heck, Reb?" Miyu started padding over to a spot that Mesprit had just found the Jolteon to be waiting in, poised in a hunter's crouch. "Rebel?" As the Eevee drew closer, a Pidgey flew up from where Rebel had been pointed to catch it from. The Jolteon's disappointment and annoyance was not missed by the Emotion Legend.

"What are you doing?"
    "I thought I heard something. Just making sure everything was clear. It's fine."

The Jolteon's lie was poorly hidden, and while Mesprit could see Miyu bought it, she did not. Still, she let it slide. For now. "Okay, well, I found some berries and they're really good!" While the duo headed back over to the berries, Mesprit did a proper scan of the area, looking around the trees and bushes for anything that could be of a danger to them. Finally satisfied, the Emotion Legend made her way back over to Rebel and Miyu.

"Urf!" The grunt of effort from nearby brought Mesprit to see Miyu trying to jump to get the berries that were high up in the tree. "... Do you need help?" The exasperated tone of the Jolteon told Mesprit that Miyu had been trying for a while to get the berries. "Noo! I've got this!" The Eevee whined, jumping up to grab a berry, only to come down empty-pawed. Rebel facepawed and Mesprit giggled behind a hand. Miyu glared at Rebel.

"Are you saying I can't do this?""You said it, not me."

With that, the Jolteon moved over to the bush, placing a paw on the Eevee's head and pushing her away. "Just... watch the clouds or something." Mesprit crossed her arms, tails waving back and forth as she watched with an amused smile. How was he going to get the berries without risking their own health? "Do I need to go get Cinder, you dummy?" Miyu, it seemed, had the same thoughts.

"Cinder is really great though, she helped me during a fight with these two undead and saved--"
    "Surprise!"

Mesprit jumped to alert, eyes glowing fiercely with a powerful Swift. The stars danced around her hands, spinning in figure-eights as they increased in speed and power as her glare hardened once she spotted Hayato beside them. "I'm gonna warn you once, pal." Rebel's pelt was spiked up and sparked with a Discharge, the static in the air drawing power to the Electric Type. "Touch her and I'll kill you. Not even a little mercy..." While usually, the Legend wouldn't agree, this time the bird deserved it.

"What did I startle you?" Mesprit's frown deepened as she glared at Hayato. "You didn't startle us Hayato. Go away or else I will throw this Swift in your face and show you why I have my title as a Legend." As much as I don't deserve it... The bitter thought at the end of her threat didn't falter her glare as she stared at the bird, her hands splayed to keep her Swift in place as the stars danced around hher hands in a figure eight.

"I'd be careful sweetheart. Not all birds are as kind as me. You're lucky I decided to drop it to remind you to pay attention to the skies rather than to carry you off and eat your eyeballs." Twitching a finger slightly, Mesprit sent one of the stars from her Swift into the tree beside Hayato, the magic attack sticking in the tree for a moment, making a cluster of leaves fall to the ground. "That was a warning shot. Next one won't miss." She growled, golden eyes narrowing into a dangerous glare that could send chills up one's spine.

"Count yourself lucky that Kaze would be shocked if you died. Otherwise I might take my chances with sparky there." As Hayato took to wing again and flew off, Mesprit let her attack fade, the stars blinking out one by one until finally they were all gone and her eyes were no longer glowing a brilliant cerulean. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, Mesprit closed her eyes, letting her hands fall to her side, clenching her fingers into fists. "I hate being spooked like that." She muttered under her breath, relaxing her hands and opening her eyes back up again to look over at Rebel and Miyu.

"I have a few Tamato Berries for in case the others want some, do you need help gathering those ones?" She asked, motioning to the berry bush that Rebel and Miyu seemed to be having trouble gathering from. "I can reach them for you two, without running the risk of any other dangers infecting them." She added, stretching in mid-air, golden eyes watching the two foxes closely.

Mesprit; The Emotion Pokémon
    ||EJ League Mod||||Assistant Mod||
    |тарейший и сильную эмоцию человечества является страX||
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:31 pm

The Battle Castle [Foyer] | Afternoon
    Cinder 66 | Faux 37

"Oh we could make a fire pit!" "I got the fire part covered." She boasts, standing a bit taller. "I just need to get some of these bigger chunks of rock and we arrange them in a circle so the fire doesn't get out then we put everything we want to burn inside. We just need a hole for the smoke to go out." That didn't sound as safe as she would of liked. A big blazing fire cleaning up the room, the flames reaching tall into the.. rafters? Even if the flames didn't go outward they could still jump up and burn the beams above them, not the mention the curtains and carpeted areas would be at risk from flying embers. Plus the mass amount of black smoke this would create and the layer of ash probably wouldn't please the others. Cinder frowns.

"It's gonna smell really bad. We should burn everything before we fix the walls." A creeping feeling makes its way through her pelt. Just a few days before she would of been all for burning this stuff inside the building, the orange light bouncing off the walls and the risk of the entire building falling in a revenge scheme, but now all she could consider were the consequences. "Not only is it going to smell awful but there is going to be so much black smoke.. I dont want anyone breathing that, its really bad for you. Even with proper ventilation its not going to flow out as neatly as we want." A thick billowing cloud of smoke touching the wall and coming back into the room as it searches for somewhere to rise to. Filling every space in the room with a stinging cloud.. "Maybe we should put it outside, or block it off or something so it doesn't make our shelter sickly and gross. I dont know, the entire room and then some is going to become nothing more then a throat burning and eye watering disaster. A clean one but not one any of us would really want to be in."

Kaze sets to work moving the waste into a pile. She did have the fire power after all, and whatever decision they came to she had the trigger. Giving her pelt a hard shake the Quilava starts piling medium sized marble into one of the massive holes, slowly filling it with a loose blockage. There was a lot of space between each piece as she stacked and placed them, the awkward shapes not wanting to fit together, but that wouldn't be a problem soon enough. "When Faux gets back we can bake clay into all these crevices. Then it should be really strong!" Turning mud into a hard clay, it was crazy but sounded awesome! Grinning she flicks her ears forward and back. Man.. she had opposable ears now too and she was piling rocks in a corner while waiting to slather them with mud. Today is seriously wild.

Nothing. There had been no spoils in that bunch of plants after all. Damn shade. The plants may of kept the soil cool but that was it; any water they found was sucked from the soil and offered her nothing. Resisting a growl Faux dragged the wide leaf behind her as she bounded toward what looked like a pond. Stopping a few feet short she is bewildered by the sight, what an odd place for one, before realizing what it was. At one point it was no more then human decor, an ascetic touch they had to tend to. Now it was even more overrun then that last bunch of plants, thick vines and roots snaking in and out of the dark colored water. The shrubs around the pond were misshapen and had blooms sprouting awkwardly out of the tops of them while nearby trees has slimy green growth all over their bases from splashing water Bingo.

Cautiously the Vulpix sniffs the air and the water, once again testing for any foul play in the area. Picking up the smells of plant rot and slime but nothing of meaty corpses she lets out of a sigh of relief before getting to work. Mentally cringing at what she was about to do she moves without hesitation, pawing up clumps of mud around the edges of water and right under it. The thick slop clumps on the fur of her wrists but she ignores it, piling and clawing the wads onto her leaf. Her mound quickly builds and Faux quickly comes to the realization that she, or someone else, would have to make multiple trips. Quickly washing her paws off as best she could she sank her fangs into the leaf's stem once more and started to drag it along, unprepared for the sheer weight it had accumulated as she made her way back to the Battle Castle. Goddamn it.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:39 am

Battle Frontier | Afternoon l (72)(7)

"What did I startle you?" The bird's condescending, infuriating laugh got the better of the undead Jolteon; Reb always had a fiery temper and this guy was about to find out. He took a step forward, putting Miyu safely behind him and Hayato closer to his face. "Yeah, bro, your ugly would startle a Haxorus." Rebel smirked a humorless grin, waiting for the bird to make a move. "You didn't startle us Hayato. Go away or else I will throw this Swift in your face and show you why I have my title as a Legend." Mesprit's less than subtle threat earned Reb's full respect; regardless of her earlier attack towards the Jolteon himself, he couldn't help but give a small "Heh!" while sending a nod of approval to the Legend.

"I'd be careful sweetheart. Not all birds are as kind as me. You're lucky I decided to drop it to remind you to pay attention to the skies rather than to carry you off and eat your eyeballs." If this bird was kind, he sure had a funny way of showing it. Miyu's little body shuddered at the idea of her eyes, her freaking eyes being eaten. Not even an undead would do that!... Right? "You're a sick--" Miyu's brief moment of boldness was interrupted by the sound of something cutting through the air loudly. "That was a warning shot. Next one won't miss."
    Miyu looked to the Legend to realize she had sent a Swift whizzing past to dare Hayato, with this glare that meant she'd break him down.

"Count yourself lucky that Kaze would be shocked if you died. Otherwise I might take my chances with sparky there." Oh, Hayato had no idea how Reb would've loved to scrap. He had a type advantage and in the end someone would've been infected. Rebel could've laughed; that would've been a hilarious consequence. But of course, the bird with a flap of his wings for once and not his jaws, flew up and away. The crackle of Rebel's Discharge died out but his voice did not; "Greasy feathered bastard." he growled, turning back to Miyu with a bit of concern, "You okay there, little sister?"

Miyu rose up to her haunches and swished her tail about. "I'm fine." Though she was physically okay, her pride was a little hurt. "I hate being spooked like that." Miyu's ear flicked, overhearing Mesprit's quiet murmur. "He didn't spook me." Miyu lied, her cheeks getting hot under her fur. Rebel's lips parted in a toothy smile, lifting a paw to ruffle the fur between Miyu's ears; "I saw you back there, you were practically pissing yourself." He had a playful tone, but Miyu still took great offense. "You're not funny!" she huffed, turning away.

"I have a few Tamato Berries for in case the others want some, do you need help gathering those ones?" Mesprit offered, "I can reach them for you two, without running the risk of any other dangers infecting them." Rebel gave a sharp gasp, turning his nose up at Mesprit with mock offense, "Just stab a guy right in the heart, why don'tcha?"
    Miyu giggled out loud, taking great amusement in Reb's overly dramatic oh-my-god-you-hurt-my-feelz-ness. "Mesprit, I think you offended the drama queen!" She was grinning, which meant Rebel had done his job right. "Could you please help us with the berries?"
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:27 am

Inside the Battle Castle | Afternoon
    Etincelle 51 | Melanie 60

Mel draws her legs in closer. A cold feeling suddenly radiated from inside her and at any moment she knew she would start shivering. Yeah, thats all I am. Why else would Etin, Etin of all Pokemon tell her to stay back? Becuase it was true. What other explanation was there? "I don't think you're useless." The fox flinches. What? She hadn't expected Mist to say that for some reason. Hell, she hadn't expected a reply at all. She didn't deserve one. Whats wrong with me? Angling her ears toward the snake her jaw parts ever so slightly though she has no reply ready. "Because no one entire being is ever useless. Useless in some forms, in some situations, yes--but one whole being? No. Just because something can't be used in one way doesn't mean it can't be used in another." Not entirely useless... She still had purpose despite being handicapped?

Mel is utterly silent as the cobra speaks, soaking in every word with the greatest care. I can still have purpose.. Im not just dead weight? It seemed wild, felt wild that after days of nothing but wallowing she was being told there was hope. Yet, as Mist continued she felt nothing but belief in the serpents words. A small hiss from shifting scales taps against her ears and on cue she feels a gentle nudge against her side that sends tingles throughout her body. "So the exact same will happen to you, or maybe it already began. Whether it is your sense of smell, or ability to hear...who knows, maybe you'll have better hearing than Ven does?" Her ears stand just a little taller, twitching at the slightest sounds just as they always had. Yes, she could still hear and listen just as she always had. That hadn't been tainted, it hadn't changed but possibly for the better. She could still function. She could still see with her other senses. "Now, I dont think I'll ever hear that well." She says softly with genuine perk. A tingling feeling creeps throughout her body starting from her paws.

Ever since the accident she had just turned on herself. Everything was always the fault of her eyes and her own. It was always what she did wrong and that she did it wrong because of her damn eyes. But she was looking at the wrong way. Perhaps her eyes had been lost in that Cafe but her nose had been spared, her ears were unscathed and her life was intact. Most creatures saw through their eyes but she had the opportunity to see the world in ways the eyes were blinded from. With time she could go further if she just let it happen. A warm smile slides gently between her cheeks. While she can not see her head naturally shifts to look at snake while speaking. "Thank you Mist. I.. I really needed that." Is all she can muster but a warmth returns to her being and voice. "No more sulking and feeling sorry for myself. No more worrying about seeing.. cause that's whats really blinding me." Taking in a deep breath Mel stands faced at the door though she has no intentions of leaving. "I have a second chance. And Im going to take it." Spinning in a small circle the Ninetales repositions herself. For the first time in a while she lays casually on her side from her own accord. She could finally relax.. "I do not think of you as useless. Anyways, I couldn't have asked for better company." Beaming an even larger smile at the snake she almost wishes she could purr. "The jokes on them, we got the easy job!"

They padded on and while the Electrike should of been listening and sniffing more then he was his mind was elsewhere. I bet she's mad at me.. He had done nothing but support the Ninetales and then went and turned her away. I promise Mel.. it was for the best. Letting out a soft sigh Etin feels like an old man, his age catching up to him. I'll make it up to you somehow. He could only hope that she would forgive me. "Lad I be hearing water down this way. That might be what we be smelling as well." Pulling away from his thoughts with a blink the Electrike lets his eyes slide shut and listens carefully. It was faint but he could hear the distant rhythmic dripping. "Yeah, yeah I hear it too!" A frown makes its way onto his face. It was moments like this the Electrike wished he had more knowledge of human settlement and things that could drip that they would keep indoors.

But he pushed that aside. They would find out soon enough and by the sound of things they would be okay when they did. "Etin, I thought I should tell ye this since I didn't tell ye this earlier, but I can't see out of me right eye." Looking to the hound with surprise he can see well and clear that his visible eye was still normal, not clouded like Mel's had become. "Gods.. what happened?" He asks with concern, images of Mel's accident creeping in once again. "Ye see, I had a fight with a Zangoose and it attacked me. It got me eye and since then I couldn't see out of it ever again." A shudder runs along the Electric Types spine. Zangoose could be nasty, violent creatures and run ins with them could turn sour fast. He's lucky. Etin swallows. It was only one eye. Zangoose were relentless when they attacked.. and Mel lost both. "Thats awful, but at least eye patches stylish. And you still got the other one." Forcing himself to give a soft laugh and smile ill feelings creep back into his belly. What if it had only been one of her eyes.. would she be better? Gritting his teeth he continues forward not wishing to think in such a way.

The further they walked the stronger the scents became. The Electrike's snout wrinkled at the smell; mold, and not the refreshing scent of leaf mold at that. Letting Rosko scent the carpet he looked onward for anything that could be causing it. "Mold? The water must have been up to here before." They had come to the end of the hall; a wall was just barely visible past a mountain of rumble and boards. Peaking upward Etincelle can see its source- the ceiling had collapsed right at the end, broken beams jutting out where the floor boards used to be with little bits of dirty cloth dangling from them.

"Ye hear that Etin?" The wet, dripping, flowing sound was too loud to ignore but it sounds like its right next to him. Waiting a moment to listen for its direction Etincelle's is not but confused when he discovers it. "Its.. coming off that beam." He mutters the words slowly, creeping around towards the wall to look more closely at it. Off the point of one beam a thin trail of water dripped, splashes loudly on the rumble below. "But that doesn't make sense. That's much too little to spur all this mold." Just as he finishes the canine lets his gaze fall forward and into a side room. "Seven hells.." He gasps. "That's where its coming from." First looking to Rosko then back in the room Etin dares to take a few steps forward. The hell happened here... The center of the room had been forcibly made concave and filled with a dark colored water. What looked like several couches had been torn apart and thrown in the makeshift pond and several corpses could be seen below its surface. But the floor was poorly angled and the water was flowing outward toward the door. "The bird.." Everything clicks in the hounds brain. This was its den, its stay. Each time it went in its nest it would shift the water, making it flow out and toward the door. When it went patrolling it would both shift the waters and drip all along the hall, spouting mold for a far ways. "We fought a water bird. I think this was the Empoleon's den!"

((My brain like, isnt working right now cause sleeping all day for expansion hype so this is probably awful Im sorry x.x))
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Battle Castle | Noon | (40)

Kaze flicks his finned ears and starts to hum as he works. The sharp or weirdly shaped bits of rubble he picks up with a glow of psychic power but everything else he moves by hand. It tired him out the same amount anyway and he had been working hard with Hayato to be good with physical stuff instead of just 'standing around and looking pretty'.
    Rocks don't burn, carpets burn, wood burns...The Gardevoir spends several moments examining a twisted chunk of something gold trying to determine if it was metal or just painted wood. It's a pity he couldn't sell any of this stuff, it looked like nice loot. Then again he couldn't really buy anything even if he could sell it because there were no places selling things. Instead he just keeps an eye out for anything that could be worth salvaging.
    Back when he was a Contest 'mon all this stuff was familiar to him (but far cleaner of course.) Luxury hotels, things that gleamed in crimson and gold, beautiful things with no purpose other than to show their beauty to the world.
    He hurls the piece into the burnable pile with such force it snaps in half, sharp splinters of broken wood breaking through the golden paint.
    He would give all that up in a heartbeat for Hayato. All these pretty thing could burn, burn, burn!
    A light of something malevolent sparks in his eyes and he points a finger at the golden strip. The psychic energy gouges into it, peeling back the golden paint as it sinks into the wood and splinters it further into long jagged splinters. The sharp sound of cracking wood is like breaking bones.
    "Kindling~" He smiles and flutters his ears as if thoughts of murder hadn't been going through his mind.

The Honchkrow angles his wings in flight. Fresh, hot meat sat comfortably in his stomach. Eyes, liver, lungs, heart...The parts of the body humans referred to as offal were always the most tempting to him. In particular he loved the sensation of an eyeball popping in his beak. If he could have his way he would eat nothing else. Sometimes, as with the Buneary, he didn't. Muscle took so much effort to tear away from the bone but organ meat was so soft and full of flavour. It was only a pity that the Buneary had so little of it.
    Hayato thinks this and as he flies the wind dries the blood on his beak and talons. His crimson eyes scan the patch of trees below for any faint flicker of movement but when he does see something move it's from the side.
    A Staraptor is also circling. The larger Flying type gives a sharp cry and dives, spotting something in the grass below. Hayato angles his flight pattern and also dives.
    The normal type dives faster, wings folded in to make it a streak of grey and white feathers. The bidoof never saw it coming as it feel from the sky like a bolt of divine retribution. Hayato slams hard into the Staraptor's back. His claws rake across its wings, cutting into the muscle and causing it to spin off into trees. The Plump Mouse pokemon escapes clawed death into the nearby bushes with nothing more than a scratch across its back. The Staraptor rounds on him, beak open to deliver a scream of anger. Hayato's Sucker Punch sinks claws into its throat before it manages to fold in its injured wings and charge at him with a Brave Bird. The Honchkrow gouges out a bloodied bit of meat, recoating his talons in blood and roosts to recover from the blow while the Staraptor gurgles. To the credit of the species it even makes an attempt to hit him with another Brave Bird attack before the bleeding takes its toll and it collides heavily with the ground a foot from Hayato. The honchkrow plucks out its eyes and heart while its still alive then gouges open its belly for the rest of the still-fresh offal. A few sharp strikes to the skull gives him access to the brain meat. With one clawed foot he scrapes the intestines out onto the ground. The hollowed body is now light enough for him to be able to carry, in leaps and bounds. The gaudy plume he yanks out to give to Kaze. Maybe the Gardevoir can wear it in his hair or something...
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:52 am

Battle Castle|Afternoon

The sound of dripping water was catching the Houndoom's attention as well. "Its.. coming off that beam." Rosko looked up, seeing some water dripping off the beam. There had to be a pipe somewhere in the ceiling. "But that doesn't make sense. That's much too little to spur all this mold." The Houndoom agreed with Etin, but this could have been flooded at one point. "Seven hells.." That didn't sound good at all. "That's where its coming from." The Dark type followed Etin's gaze to the side room. Following Etin towards the room, his nose was picking up a sickly sweet scent. What in Davy Jones locker happened in here? The room was flooded with corpses under the water's surface. Whatever happened there was enough to make Rosko feel sick to his stomach. "This be a mess, what could have done this much carnage?" The Houndoom asked the Electrike. Surveying the room more, there was torn up couches and water just barely coming out of the doorway. Rosko looked up at the ceiling and water was dripping off of an exposed pipe.

Before Rosko could say anything, Etin mentioned something that could have been the cause. "The bird.." The Houndoom only knew a few birds that could have been a water type. He started to think at first it was a Pelipper, but they stay mostly to coast lines and open sea. Then, Rosko thought maybe a Swanna could have been here. As he was to make the assumption, he looked at the couches again. Swanna couldn't produce that much damage and leave mold in its footsteps. There was only one bird that could have been flightless. Rosko couldn't remember the name right off the bat, but it had to be a water and steel type. "We fought a water bird. I think this was the Empoleon's den!" Empoleon, that's it! Rosko and Etin stumbled upon its den. It must of damaged the pipes to where it would flood the area. It didn't explain how the ceiling collapsed in in the hall though. Something else must have produced that damage. As the Houndoom went to look at the blocked area, he noticed something else. The cloth hanging from the ceiling was a bit moldy and the Empoleon must have been attacking something that was there.

Rosko waited for Etin. He wanted to see what was on the other side. As far as Rosko knew their could be someone trapped at the other side. "Lad, its up to you if we continue to the other side or head back and check the other hall." The Houndoom said as he waits. While he continued to look at the blocked path, he started to think about the captain and what would he do in situations like this. He climbed up a bit, but not to far up as most of the debris was unstable and could slip out from underneath him. What he saw was nothing but the hall turning. Maybe it was the other hallway looping towards this one? "Nothing over on the other side lad and it doesn't look to safe to cross." As the Houndoom came back down, he wondered how soon they'll be able to eat. His stomach began to growl a bit, but he just had to wait it out till Hayato got back. "Wonder if that Honchkrow came back yet, me stomach is growling like a hungry garchomp." The Dark type said with a humorous laugh.
    Mesprit
    Mesprit

Post by Mesprit Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:32 am

Inside the Battle Castle || Afternoon || Post 11
    Mesprit watched the sky where Hayato flew off for a moment, before looking back down at the two foxes that were conversing quietly. "You okay there, little sister?" Little sister? Maybe that was why Rebel came all this way to find the Eevee. Shrugging to herself, Mesprit checked the Tamato Berries for any bruises, but the red spiked berries had held pretty well against Mesprit's flying. "I'm fine." The Emotion Pixie looked over to Miyu, where the Eevee had just gotten back up from their fright.

"He didn't spook me." Coughing lightly to avoid laughing, Mesprit covered her mouth with her hands, but that didn't do much to hide her grin. "I saw you back there, you were practically pissing yourself." A quiet snicker of laughter escaped the Legend, before she was able to squash it down. "You're not funny!" Clearing her throat, Mesprit managed to stop herself from laughing at the Eevee's misfortune, even if the grin the fox had told her it probably would of been alright to laugh anyway.

"Just stab a guy right in the heart, why don'tcha?" Mesprit's golden eyes looked over at Rebel, one eyebrow raising as she crossed her arms, waiting for the Jolteon to finish his antics. "Mesprit, I think you offended the drama queen!" Giggling alongside Miyu, Mesprit grinned at Rebel. "I suppose I did. Sorry, Rebel." Mesprit said, giving the Jolteon a mock bow. "Could you please help us with the berries?" Nodding to the Eevee, Mesprit flew up into the shrub, her small form allowing her to pick the fresh berries from further in the shrub.

After picking a few suitable ones and levitating them out with her Psychic powers, Mesprit emerged from the shrub, carrying three berries on her pastel blue arms. She had another four in her psychic hold, along with the five Tamato berries. Adding the three berries she picked to the group, Mesprit landed on the ground beside Miyu, brushing some extra leaves off her arms. "Alright, where to next?" She asked, smiling warmly at the two.

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:44 pm

Cinder 67 | Faux 38

Stacking the chunks up higher and higher Cinder's mind wanders. For so long she had wanted to come to the Battle Frontier, to challenge those who claimed residents here and show them the potential she held. At one point she had even wanted to become a master here and have others challenge her. A piece of marble refuses to stay in place and tumbles back down to the floor. With a deep breath she picks it back up and is more careful where she places it the second time. The entire stack she has created shudders, threatening to fall apart at any moment. And now this amazing place is in shambles.. Even if some strong Pokemon were still hanging around here it just wasn't the same. No lights, no cameras or cheering fans.. just rotten bodies without the mentality to leave. "Where's Faux with that mud?" She sighs to herself while glancing desperately at the doorway.

Moving over to another smaller gap she starts the process over again, shoving in the stones from largest to smallest and praying that they didn't fall over. The bright afternoon sun shone clearly through the large gaps between them, a reminder that the blockage was useless until it was sealed. We really nee- A shuffling catches her attention and the Quilava's expression perks as when she sees the fox dragging herself into the Battle Castle with a load of cargo. "Faux!" She cheers, bounding over to the other Fire Type.

The Vulpix panted, spitting out the stem as soon as she was inside the building. That was way too heavy for someone of her size to carry. Looking to the Quilava she considers asking Cinder to switch tasks with her but the idea is quickly dismissed. She wouldn't know where the mud is at. What a shame. "This is perfect!" The Quilava squeals, grabbing a big sloppy handful of the stuff. Not bothering with a reply Faux merely set to solidifying the wall. Dipping her pads in the mud she paws at gravelly, pebbly bits on the ground, smearing them into the tiny cracks along the wall before blasting them with a Flamethrower. The tiny cracks might not mean much but it was better safe then sorry as she continued to do this all along the wall.
    While all of her spots looked neat and clean Faux could only grimace at Cinder's; she was scooping up massive amounts of mud, cradling it next to her chest as she dumped it on her stacks of marble. That was an awful waste and she could already see herself having to head out and fetch more of the foul slop. How quaint.. The mud kept spilling over and couldn't reach the upper half of the stacks with such an action either. "You should use smaller pawfuls." She suggests, "Or wait a bit for it to dry before stacking more on top of it, or else its all just going to slide to the floor." The Quilava blinks her eyes, flinching as she looks at the Vulpix as though she hadn't been paying attention. "Oh, yeah, yeah!"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Battle Frontier | Afternoon l (73)(8)

The Jolteon pursed his lips and held in a breath even as the Legend apologized although the little bow she gave seemed as satire as they came. He flicked an eye to Mesprit, then to Miyu - the latter giggling uncontrollably yet again. “I know what you should be for Halloween!” Miyu laughed, swishing her tail behind her, “You look like a Psyduck!”
    Rebel swatted at Miyu with his paw, just missing the Normal-type, unbeknownst to her, on purpose. He gave a hum of what seemed like deep thought, “You are forgiven.” he said to the pixie, ”Consider yourself blessed by the gods.”

An odd combination of a choke and a laugh left the Eevee’s chest. “Do you talk to all Legends like that?” Miyu rose her paw up to the sky in yet another display of sarcasm, ”Forgive him, Legends above, for he is an idiot!”
    “Oh, you‘re hilarious.”
    “I know, I‘m-- Mesprit!” Miyu cut herself off as the Psychic-type popped back into sight. “Wait, no. I mean. Uh. I‘m not Mesprit. You are. I just-- I-- Nevermind…” She sat awkwardly, staring at the ground and hoping nobody would say anything about her verbal accident.

"Alright, where to next?" Mesprit landed near the fox duo, the Eevee kicked beside her immediately by Rebel. “What the heck was that for?!” Miyu whipped her head around, scrabbling up to her paws. “Stay with Mesprit for a while. Go… help Cinder or something. Meet’cha at the Battle Frontier!” The Jolteon took off into the shrubbery, disappearing immediately without another word. ”Reb-- oh, geez, nevermind…” the Eevee sighed. Her ears perked up as she dismissed her adoptive brother’s odd behavior as just his odd behavior, smiling at Mesprit and thinking; she was never a leader type though, sheepishly coming up with the suggestion, “Do you think we have enough berries for everyone? Should we head back and start helping with the repairs?”

Meanwhile, the Jolteon prowled silently through the brush, a sinister smile showing his pointed teeth as he hunted for something to satiate his hunger. The scent of blood was getting closer and whatever unlucky bastard the Lightning Pokémon came across was going to be his dinner.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:26 pm

Etincelle 52 | Melanie 61

This was horrible, ungodly horrible. The tiny hound felt malaise creep throughout his body with nausea to follow as he slowly padded along the side of the room. When the ocean was so close by why would it choose to hold up in here within a makeshift pond? Why would it choose to lock itself up in a building away from the sun? Was it protecting its home, or others from itself? ...Was it right of us to kill it when we were in its home? Stopping in his tracks Etin stifles a sigh. But if it had been running wild in the ocean, then.. guess there is no winning. Giving the room another slow once over he Electric type doubts anything would hide in here with the horror-show right next to them. "Lad, its up to you if we continue to the other side or head back and check the other hall." Rosko calls back to him from the hall. "I doubt we can get through that blockage." He thinks aloud, continuing what he was doing. Sniffing at a dresser the Electrike ponders the options. This side was rather done; the rubble could be moved but that didn't sound like a fast or safe plan for a pair without thumbs.

Stopping completely he listens closely for any suspicious noises. The gentle dripping of water is ever present and what sounds like a draft coming from the hole in the ceiling whistles in his ears. Another sound comes in, like shifting and creaking of- "Rosko?" He gasps, bounding back to the hallway only see exactly what he thought he had heard. That's not safe! Screams in the shiny's mind but when he notices the hound heading back downward, carefully at that, he feels the panic fading. "Nothing over on the other side lad and it doesn't look to safe to cross." With a relieved grin he manages to chuckle, "You could say that again." before prepping to leave. Perhaps he could of made it through with his small size but the Lightening Pokemon was not about to risk it.

Looking up, around, and behind him the Electrike concluded, "Looks like we are done with this side then." That meant they were halfway done! "Let's go back around." They had picked the shorter side, right? So the next one would take even longer. Maybe we should sprint back, but exhaustion was plaguing his paws bad and they dragged at the possibility. "Wonder if that Honchkrow came back yet, me stomach is growling like a hungry Garchomp." Etin could second that notion; he can't even recall the last time he ate, let alone how much. "Mine too. If we hurry back maybe we could get to the other side faster and finish quicker too. Then we would be back for food before too long." They would check quickly as long as they were still careful, and the Electrike was always careful.

The Ninetale's breathed in slow and steady. She was reminiscing, but for once the memories did not bring ill tidings. Leonardo. The Shinx had always been the brave one, headstrong and diving in first on everyone of their adventures. I wasn't far behind though! She would wait, listen for danger, sigh as Leonardo ignored her warning, and run in to save her friend. Even then I was paying attention. While her chest tightens thinking of her old friend the Ninetales knew he was better off not suffering in this world. He would of loved the danger though. What a shame.. At least he had the clouds. I wonder what he would think of my evolution.

Letting out a small yawn Mel is surprised by how tired she felt now that she was relaxed. "Its sure been a long day," She thinks aloud, considering trotting over toward the doorway. No need. She just ha to listen carefully and not worry so much about her position. "I wonder if we will have a chance to sleep once everyone gets back."
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:18 am

Battle Castle | Noon | (41)

To ease the carrying of the Staraptor corpse Hayato carries it up into the top of a tree and breaks its wings. He tears out most of the feathers, letting them fall to the ground below him like dirty snow. The resulting body is much easier to manouever if still heavy with meat. That was the good thing about eating other birds of prey. They were so used to being the predators they had never thought about being the prey and their bodies were lean and filled with muscle.
    Hayato preens, smearing some of the raptor's blood across his dark feathers as he does so. The bird's body was heavy. He couldn't carry it very far before he had to stop for a bit and rest. Hooking his talons back into the shoulder meat Hayato makes the last flapping journey into the castle itself. There he lands and readjust his feathers, hooking one foot around the corpse and starting to drag it across the floor. He proudly holds the plume in his beak as a bright token.
    Hop, drag, hop, drag.
    He pulls the body along behind him, steadying himself with little flaps of his wings as he pulls the body along beside him, searching for Kaze.

The Gardevoir is starting to get bored of construction work. He sighs delicately, his fins fluttering like tiny wings and tosses the last piece of rubbish aside.
    He sharply claps his hands together to get the dust off them then sits on a broken piece of furniture to rest.
    "Break time~" He hums to himself and focuses his mind.
    With care he spreads his psychic influence out across the building, trying to pick up not on individual thoughts but on the life energies of pokemon in the building. The plan to make ceramic is well underway but that isn't the life he is looking for. The others have wandered off exploring, as soon as he confirms who they are he continues looking until he finds the familiar red aura of his love.
    He makes contact with Hayato's mind, relaying their location to the black bird and ending with a burst of feeling on how much he is looking forward to the bird's return.
    "Hayato found food." The Gardevoir announces as he stands. He brushes the dust off the skin of his long skirt and smiles.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:41 pm

Battle Castle|Afternoon

Their search on the first half of the hall was complete. "Looks like we are done with this side then." The Houndoom nodded and started following the Electrike again. Now they had to get the other half and then they'll be done. Etin then replied to Rosko's statement. "Mine too. If we hurry back maybe we could get to the other side faster and finish quicker too. Then we would be back for food before too long." That said their scouting would ensure the place was safe, but as they headed back, Rosko wondered what else maybe there on the other side of the battle castle. For all he could know is that there could be some treats that maybe still in a box untouched after so long. While heading back to the fork in the hallway, Rosko started daydreaming about his adventures. The first time he heard about the legends made him think if they are fighting for the survival of all the pokemon. It was then when he heard about the legend of Kyogre that made him and his captain praise him for the calm waters.

As he snapped out of the day dream they was close to where they started. "Lad, what stories that ye may know, maybe we can tell some stories about our adventures." Rosko had somewhat of an idea about the story he was going to tell during their break. Though, he needed more time to remember the legends he heard. The Dark type gave a small humorous laugh while thinking about a shanty, but singing it out loud would just make him laugh. So he hummed it to keep his mind on the task. As they finally reached the split hallways, he noticed that the hallway was a bit dimmer than before. They would have to be extra careful going down this hallway. Shiver me timbers its going to be damn hard to see down this hallway. Rosko thought to himself. May have to rely on sniffing out and hearing the bilge ratattas. The Houndoom stared down the hallway before he started walking again. This time walking slower than usual to keep cautious of their surroundings.

Rosko put his head down to the floor and started sniffing the ground to pick up a scent, but so far nothing was coming up. "Etin, do you think we may find something down this hall?" The Houndoom asks the Lightning pokemon. Continuing down the hall slowly, he kept a sharp lookout for anything suspicious. Whether if they found anything or not they'd be able to call this a successful search. The only thing they'd have to worry about right now is a surprise attack, but they had the strength combined to take out any threat. Walking past one door, it was open far enough for Rosko to stick his head through to take a look. The Dark type decided to take a peek inside to see if anything maybe in there. Sticking his head through the open part of the doorway, the room was dark and dusty. "I wonder what this room be used for?" The Houndoom said as he sniffed around. The dust started causing Rosko to sneeze a bit. The Room was dark, dusty, and maybe of interest. As he pulls his head out of the room he looked at Etin if they should come back later to explore it? "What do ye say lad, come back later to see what's in there?" The Houndoom asks curiously.
    Mesprit
    Mesprit

Post by Mesprit Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Outside the Battle Frontier || Afternoon || Post 12
    While the pixie was gathering berries, she listened into what the two eeveelutions were saying. Some of it was lost because of the rustling of leaves in her ears, but she got most of it. "Do you talk to all Legends like that?" Peeking her golden eyes through a gap in the branches, Mesprit giggled quietly as Miyu's dramatics. "Forgive him, Legends above, for he is an idiot!" Poking her head out from the branches, Mesprit rolled her eyes. "The Legends above promise nothing, for idiocy may not be forgiven!" She chimed in, giggling along with Miyu. "Oh, you're hilarious." Rebel's unamused drawl sent Mesprit back into the berry bush with a flick of her tails as she gathered the last of the fresh berries.

"I know, I'm-- Mesprit!" Miyu's comment was cut off as the emotion pixie emerged with a plentiful amount of berries for everyone. "Wait, no. I mean. Uh. I'm not Mesprit. You are. I just-- I-- Nevermind…" The awkwardness radiating off the Eevee was almost enough to make Mesprit cringe. "Haha, it's alright, I knew what you meant Miyu." She laughed, ruffling the fur atop the Eevee's head.

When she landed on the ground, Mesprit was almost knocked over by Miyu being kicked over to her side. The Legend's golden eyes glared at the Jolteon, narrowing slightly. That was no way to treat a sibling - she should know, she grew up with two older brothers who were as stoic as they were fun to be around. "What the heck was that for?!" Watching as Miyu scrabbled up to their paws, Mesprit narrowed her eyes at Rebel. Are you alright, Miyu? Just nod or shake your head. She enquired through telepathy, not willing to take her eyes off the Jolteon.

"Stay with Mesprit for a while. Go… help Cinder or something. Meet'cha at the Battle Frontier!" With that, the Jolteon ran off, faster than Mesprit could follow. While she still could of gone after the Jolteon, she wasn't about to leave Miyu alone. Mesprit frowned. She had two choices; go after Rebel and risk an undead - Or the Jolteon himself the added though made the Legend flick her eyes back to Miyu - ambush her, or stay with Miyu and risk Rebel attacking one of their group.

"Reb-- oh, geez, nevermind…" With a heavy sigh, Mesprit decided that staying with Miyu was the lesser of two evils. Hopefully Rebel would arrive back after they did. Using a small pale blue hand, Mesprit rubbed her forehead to strive off a headache.
    "Do you think we have enough berries for everyone? Should we head back and start helping with the repairs?" As Miyu's question, Mesprit looked at their gathered berries. They had a decent amount, and that wasn't including what Hayato might of gotten them. The Emotion Pixie frowned at the though of Hayato and his catch. Shaking her head, Mesprit focused back on the topic at hand.

"Yes, this looks like enough. Lets head back, don't want to worry Cinder if Rebel gets back before us." She said, facing her berries and spreading her hands out towards them. Spreading her fingers out, Mesprit's eyes flashed blue and the berries began to float into the air. Levitating above Miyu's left shoulder, Mesprit gave the Eevee a thumbs up. "Ready when you are, Miyu."

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Cinder 68 | Faux 39

The fire pair work in tandem, falling into sync with one another as they work their way across the wall. Since the Quilava had filled most the smaller gaps already with tiny rubble she just had to slap and smear the mud along the crevasses as she moved along. With her wide paws she scooped the mud with ease and dragged the leaf along behind her.
    Following closely in her wake was the Vulpix who evened out the cake on mud if needed before blasting it with a hot stream of fire. The mud dried, baked, and hardened under the heat, leaving a pale colored surface where the cracks used to be. All along the wall these marks can be seen but no tiny cracks anymore. If anything the pale color matches nicely with the wall as through it was an intentional design.

The work was finally efficient, repairing a lot amount of the wall in a small amount of time. While the large holes and missing sections of the wall would need a lot more work at least they could easily say they were making progress.
    The Quilava's movement slows as she shifts to one of the large gaps that she had already stacked full of stones and other debris. Padding each touching surface with a light coating of mud she helps keep them together before sticking smaller pieces to them a generous amount of the sticky binder. Taking a step to the side Cinder lets Faux get a bit closer before the pair blast all the muddy spots together with a dual Flamethrower. As they back away they can see that the makeshift blockage is already a bit sturdier though it would take more marble, mud, and maybe those boards that Kaze had mentioned before it was truly solid.

Panting slightly the Vulpix can feel the scratchy feeling in her throat that comes from an overuse of her flame attacks. Normally this much usage would of been mundane and unnoticeable but the days use was catching up to her again and the lack of a drink all day was not helping. However, she ignores it and is fine to continue for a while yet. "Break time~" Her ears instantly turn to the soft words the Gardevoir chimed. While she is not sure it was meant for all of them or just him the Quilava quickly takes advantage of it, spinning backwards and flopping onto the ground in a sort of spread eagle position. Well, she's taking the chance. The fox muses, padding away from the wall and toward the halls. The area around there still had carpet. While they were making good time a break did sound nice and it seemed her partner was already down for the count.

"Hayato found food." Again her ears twitch at the dual types words but this time its with more suspicion. Psychic's weren't the most trustworthy of Pokemon, their powers too unpredictable with the extent of damage or strange things they could cause. While her own species was not psychic by nature they did have some limited abilities, especially with evolution, but that did not hinder her prejudiced. How did you know.. She wonders, looking the Fairy up and down. Did the Gardevoir have a third eye of sorts? Ignoring the disconcerting thought as best she can Faux tries to change the subject that's spiraling in her head, "Is it fresh?" She asks, still not positive if that bird was secretly trying to kill them all or not. "Vegetation or meat?" The other fire type mutters though Faux already knew that answer to that.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Battle Frontier | Afternoon l (74)(9)

"Yes, this looks like enough. Lets head back, don't want to worry Cinder if Rebel gets back before us." Mesprit's hands reached toward the berries just enough that her psychic power could pick them all up at once with the glow of her eyes. The pretty blue color and the utter epicness of a legend was awe inspiring to the tiny fox. Miyu's mind whirled around; she wanted to be Psychic too! I think Espeon are psychic. I think. If she ever evolved, there was no telling what she'd turn into as her species was known for a variety of reasons to evolve. They were called Eevee after all.

"Ready when you are, Miyu." Mesprit gave the Eevee a gesture with her thumb up, Miyu bouncing forward whilst tilting her head back and forth playfully. "Let's goooo~!"
    Miyu had to wonder where Reb was though and why Mesprit said Cinder would be worried should he shown up first. What, did she think he would flip a poke mart and run away like a robber in a movie and somehow frame them in the conspiracy? That would be funny, Rebel fleeing cross-region with a bag full of Hyper Potions. The humorous thought distracted Miyu from his actual odd behavior, her mix matched paws carrying on towards the Battle Castle.

The hunter's body was pressed low as he crept through the underbrush. A twig snapped under his paw and he could've cursed if something had been nearby, but the smell of blood was strong and it also smelled like death. Not as though a living dead, but something that had been killed recently.
    Rebel passed through a bush into the semi-open, following the scent on the breeze shifting the leaves around him.

Red trailed down a tree as though a sorry paint job had been done to it. But this was no paint and it smelled strongly of metal and upwards of the color showed a body of some sort tucked away. The Jolteon snagged a tuft of fur in his teeth and dragged down the corpse, revealing itself as a Buneary and a quite unlucky one. Rebel yawned; it was something he supposed.

((OoC - Kaze gave me permission a while ago for Reb to eat some of the Buneary Hayato killed. If it's not okay anymore, let me know.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:09 pm

Etincelle 53 | Melanie 62

Melanie's ears twitched. She was listening really really closely at the edge of the doorway, hoping that she could pick up the sounds of Etin's return. Faint sounds were coming back, carried by the halls but indiscernible as to what they were. Still, she listened intently. It would take time before her hearing could truly compensate but her naturally sensitive ears could probably pick up the sounds anyway. Where are you Etin.. Long, rhythmic hums or beats come back to her, possibly no more then natural creaking in the wood but it could be pawsteps. Yet, as the sound continues, she doubts it to be hound paws- it was not getting louder or softer, which it should of if the boys were moving.

Taking in a deep breath Mel sighs softly with a puff of air. I wonder if Etin would of liked Leonardo. The Shinx was spunky and headstrong while the Electrike was bashful and reserved. If opposites truly attracted they could of been a fearsome trio, not that that would ever get to be. Her heart twinges with pain and, giving up on hearing the boys, the Ninetales returns to the backside of the room.

The Electrike hurried along, wanting no more then to finish their task and get the group back together. Its not that it was hard or boring, hell it was pretty important, but the tiny canine still felt ashamed of himself for making Mel stay behind. As long as they checked everything carefully it didn't matter how fast they- "Lad, what stories that ye may know, maybe we can tell some stories about our adventures." The Houndooms bark shakes him from his own. "Oh uh.." Most of his stories were sadly the same; going places, hiding and traveling, fleeing and running for his life. It wasn't often he got to stay in the same place for an extended period of time. He could talk about his birthplace but those memories were.. sensitive, and foggy at best. "Nah, I dont really have anything right now. Nothing I can think of at least." Even if it was quiet it didn't feel awkward and they still seemed to be making good time.

Blinking to adjust his eyes to the darkening space the Electrike notes that it was getting late. How much time had passed since they started? Wasn't their task the quickest of them all? And hopefully there will be food when we are done. While the thought of anything Hayato might bring sends chills down his spine the hound is confident that Miju would find something lovely. "Etin, do you think we may find something down this hall?" Shaking his head the electric type shrugs, "Probably not. In a quiet place like this the undead would be attracted to noise more then smell. If the battle earlier didn't draw anything out then its probably clear. Hell, by the look of its den the Empoleon probably killed anything that had been in here." That just made their task all the easier. If they found nothing then they didn't have to worry about fighting and things would be all the smoother and faster.

Padding to the side of the hall Etin sniffs at an overturned chair, checking for any scents or signs of foul play. Other then the dank smell of dust and musk that coats everything back here it seems clean. "I wonder what this room be used for?" Rosko wonders behind him, picking up the Electrikes attention. Trotting up to the larger hound, his Thunderstone bobbing gently against his chest, Etin peaks into the room as well. "What do ye say lad, come back later to see what's in there?" Being an inner room there were no windows to offer light and as such the room was painfully dark. Waiting wouldn't help this but, as he sniffed lightly and only picked up dust, it didn't seem like a dangerous room. With no scents of rot or decay comging up whatever the room held was still clean and possibly viable. With a nod Etin takes a couple steps back from the door and rubs his snout with one paw. "Doesn't smell deadly, we could hit it on the way back for sure."

Giving his pelt a quick shake to free anything that may of gotten on him Etin moves his pace into a brisk walk. He could hear nothing down the hall, the quiet rather eery, but pressed forward anyway. For some reason this side of the wall was much darker.. the windows were much more spaced out or blocked from the outside. Letting sparks crackle off his pelt the tiny hound offers some light to their search. While he doesn't smell any undead they would still be hiding in here and the last thing he wanted to was to be ambushed.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:58 pm

Battle Castle | Noon | (42)

"Of course silly." Kaze giggles and flutters his feathery ears. "I don't think Hayato can tell plants apart. If I asked him to look for anything else we'd end up with unripe berries...or a tree."
    He laughs.
    "But don't worry, he only hunts healthy meat so no-one should get sick from eating it." The Gardevoir sighs. "I'm always telling him, try talking to them first in case they're recruitable not just NPCs but he always wants to take them down without a fight. He's probably killed off lots of potential companions." The Gardevoir shrugs. "Oh well, they wouldn't die if they were that important and Hayato's got to eat."
    He giggles again, the sound somewhat grating.
    "Oh, here he comes." He perks up his ears and points towards the door.
    Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. There is the sound of something soft but heavy being dropped against the floor, getting closer and closer. If it wasn't for the Gardevoir's clear identification of the noise as being caused by the Honchkrow the now clearly audible sound would be a sign for concern.
    The psychic type rises in a swirl of white 'skirt' his slender white feet taking little of his weight as he glides majestically over to the entranceway, the majority of his body held aloft by his psychic powers. A wide smile spreads across his face.

The Honchkrow tries to hold himself tall as he drags the body of the larger bird along the corridor. The buneary he would have been able to fly with but that never would have satisfied more than one pokemon and he hated making multiple trips.
    His long claws scratch at the grey feathers as he makes another hop, the corpse he is clinging to raising a bit off the ground as he flaps his wings then falling onto the carpeted ground with a 'thud'. This is why he preferred to eat at the site of his kill. Facing the facts, he plain wasn't big enough to carry much.
    He keeps a grip on the body and flaps until his wings ache to drop the corpse by the entrance way to the little den Kaze has presumably been helping construct. The place is a lot less draughty, he notes, the holes in the wall largely stopped up with mud. Surely that'll make a sturdy base for properly barricading the place.
    "Food." He croaks, perching on the still oozing body of the Staraptor. Eyeless, gutted and with twisted wings the formerly majestic predator pokemon lays face down on the carpet, the dark type lording over his kill.
    "Hayato~!" The Gardevoir calls out, running over to engulf the Honchkrow in his arms, taking care not to poke him with the red horn protruding from his chest.
    He rubs his clean white cheek against the bird's ragged black feathers, nuzzling against the bird's bright beak like a Meowth. The way he is carrying on you'd think they had been separated for more than a few hours.
    Hayato rubs his beak against the Gardevoir, returning the gesture of greeting.
    "I missed you~" The psychic type hums as his spring green fingers stroke through the larger feathers of his hat-like crest.
    Proudly Hayato presents the plume he has plucked from the Staraptor. The gardevoir's emerald eyes light up.
    "Oh it's so pretty!" He tucks the plume behind one feathered ear, a small smear of bird blood rubbing off on his skin. "How do I look?"
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:37 pm

Inside the Battle Castle| |Afternoon
    91| |67

Mist is, at the very least, glad that she was able to cheer Melanie's spirit. The serpent watches the vulpine set herself near the doorway, seemingly in much better state than before. Flicking a tongue of delight, the poison-type seems to smile with relief. Loosening her coils slightly, she relaxes, only perking up when she hears the fox's voice. "Its sure been a long day. I wonder if we will have a chance to sleep once everyone gets back."

A slow, curious hiss vibrates from Mist's throat. "I hope we do," she starts, "we all deserve a good rest, now..." With her good eye, she watches the golden pelt of the Ninetales slink back towards the far end of the room and away from the doorway. Once again, Mist flicks her tongue to taste the air, taking a few moments to pick through the lingering scents of the room.

Raising her head and swiveling her neck to better see Melanie in her faulty gaze, Mist makes a subtle pout of lip. The stub of her tail swishes across the tile, adjusting the serpent into a more conversational position. "I wonder if they've found anything yet...it would be nice to settle down before the sun begins to set." There's a faint chuckle drifting with her words, a light fatigue blanketing her statement. "It's been a long past few days..."

[ooc: skipping ven. djhfdg im sorry i was hoping to write more but i've been bedridden with food poisoning since this morning and i can barely concentrate...]
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:19 am

Battle Castle|Afternoon

The Houndoom looks down the hallway as it continues to get darker the deeper they go. "Probably not. In a quiet place like this the undead would be attracted to noise more then smell. If the battle earlier didn't draw anything out then its probably clear. Hell, by the look of its den the Empoleon probably killed anything that had been in here." That would explain the lack of undead in the halls, but there could still be a few stray undead that may have been missed. Rosko started shaking the dust off his fur as he followed Etin down the hallway. It was quiet and had a very eery look to it. Light illuminated from Etin's fur lighting up the hallway a little bit. The Dark type kept a slow pace with Etin. His heart was beating slowly as he took caution in the search. An ambush could happen at any given moment and Rosko for one didn't want to get ambushed. Etin then said something about the room they was looking in earlier. "Doesn't smell deadly, we could hit it on the way back for sure." Perhaps the humans may have left something useful for them.

Going further down the hall the windows that was spaced out earlier had completely vanished making it even darker. The only light source they had now was Etin as sparks lit up the hall like a lantern. There had to be a power source somewhere in the building, but turning it on would lure any undead from the outside into the battle castle. Rosko started thinking to himself about what could be in that room. There has to be some of them berries and stuff that land lovers like, but the hell would those who live by the sea like in a place like this. I may as well take whatever we can find. The lad seems to agree with going back in that room. The darkness of the hall was vast and ominous. It was as if something could start watching them out of nowhere and they wouldn't expect a thing. The Houndoom started sniffing the ground picking up a scent. A sickly sweet smell started coming into his nostrils causing the Dark type to quickly pull his head back. Something was dead in the room to the left.

Rosko looked at Etin and nodded to him. "Lad, can ye shine some light to yer left? Somethin doesn't smell right in that room." As he got on Etin's left side, dried up blood was coming from under the door. A small hole in the door had blood coming from it too. This got the Houndoom very cautious about the room they're nearby. Something was dead and rotting away as it filled the air. "Aye, this smell, its horrid and some unfortunate bilge rattata must had died or somethin" Rosko started pressing against the door, but it wouldn't open. Something was blocking the door from the inside. "Lad, can ye give me a paw with this one?" The Houndoom asks.
    Mesprit
    Mesprit

Post by Mesprit Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Outside the Battle Frontier || Afternoon || Post 13
    The Emotion pixie watched as Miyu bounced along, cheerfully uttering a happy "Let's goooo~!" to Mesprit, who followed close behind, berries at her back as they tavelled back to the Frontier. As they were moving, Mesprit slowed her pace to float a few paces behind Miyu, delving into her own thoughts. Miyu seems to not know the dangers of having Rebel as an undead around us. He has already gone off on his own, and the danger he could put us in is... Shaking her head, Mesprit increased her speed, deciding to talk it over with Miyu.

"Miyu, I've been meaning to ask - and discuss with you - about Rebel. I'm not sure what kind of a relationship you two had, but I feel like you need to know. He's... Unstable. How long have you known him, and is that enough to risk your own life if he goes... Downhill?" Finally able to get that weight off her shoulders, Mesprit looked back at the berries, almost ashamed of having to ask Miyu that. It was never easy to say goodbye to a loved one, doubly so if they are undead. The Legend just wanted to make sure Miyu knew why, if it came to that.

I can see this working, for maybe a few days, but things could go downhill very fast. I don't know how long he's been infected for, and if his mind is whole. He seems to be okay, but a façade can only be held up for so long... Noticing she had fallen back, Mesprit flew to catch up, her golden eyes flickering upwards as she sent a silent prayer to her Father, hoping he was a least listening to his children, even if he couldn't do anything to help.

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Cinder 69 | Faux 40

Lolling about like a limp noodle Cinder slowly wiggles her way onto her side and tilts her head back to look at the Gardevoir. Perhaps it was the work or just the fact that she hadn't eaten in legends know how long but her stomach aches and gurgles for something to work into. "Of course silly. I don't think Hayato can tell plants apart. If I asked him to look for anything else we'd end up with unripe berries...or a tree." Her cheek squashes a bit flatter to the floor as her eyes look into a faux distance. "Geez." Not knowing plants was one thing, but a tree? That didn't even remotely look like food! Especially to a bird! How would he even move a tree? It would have to be a tiny tree. A really tiny tree, or hell a scrawny bush. Yeah, there was no way he was that strong.

The Vulpix rubs her wrists and paws together as she listens, not wanting to get the mud in her mouth. It had smelled clean, looked clean (for mud), and she hadn't found anything unusual in the body of water. More then likely it was safe enough even to drink but she was not in the mood to take chances. "But don't worry, he only hunts healthy meat so no-one should get sick from eating it." Gritting her teeth Faux must bite back a remark. Finding good prey, she could believe that. Making an easy kill, hell yeah she could believe that. But trusting that that bird would check it thoroughly and that he himself was not disease ridden? She would have to wait for the Psychic to feed before she could believe that noise.
    "I'm always telling him, try talking to them first in case they're recruitable not just NPCs but he always wants to take them down without a fight. He's probably killed off lots of potential companions." Faux twitches one ear and flinches for just a moment. NPC? Recruitable? What the hell did that mean? "Oh well, they wouldn't die if they were that important and Hayato's got to eat." Gagging audibly the fox's trust of the psychic drops even further. Was he serious? Important Pokemon died all the time, and a hunter coming after them would only speed up that process. Idiots.. Giving a quick glance at the Quilava she is disappointed but not surprised to see that she is utterly unphased by the comment.

"Yeah, well," She mutters, trying to clear the suspicion from her thoughts, but something interrupts her. Both the fox's ears turn toward the doorway and perk at the thudding, thumping, bumping, step sound? The fur along her neck raises and she stands swiftly before Kaze can say, "Oh, here he comes." It was just the Honchkrow? Again, how did he know! Her stance does not falter even as the bird ungracefully drags himself and his kill into the room. Seven hells.. Those colors.. was that a Staraptor? Its bigger then him! How in the hells had he managed to carry that more then a few yards? With each thump the cadaver gives against the ground one of Faux's tails gives a twitch in turn. Staraptor were powerful birds of prey.. if the creature was not sickly, and it didnt appear so for what she could see, was it even possible for a smaller bird to come out of that fight unscathed and victorious?

As the body is moved Faux notes that the eyes are missing, her usual indicator for disease. Fantastic. Hell, the entire body is pretty broken up and looks like it was someone else's catch first. While she would not believe the bird's word the Vulpix had to admit to herself that the clean portions of the kill did look healthy and fit. They did not ring in her brain as prey but good meat was a rare treat these days and a predators corpse was an utter delicacy. "Food." It states, but Faux is too overwhelmed with horror to be impressed by the catch.

"Woah!" Cinder exclaims, hopping to her feet and moving a bit closer to the bleeding body. "I was expecting a bundle of Rattata's, but this is way awesome!" The meat looked so prime and birds were really lean. At least prey birds were. Would a big one like this be any different? Oggling the size she can't help but wonder what their brawl was like. "Yo, this thing could of made a meal of you, how did you manage to catch it? I mean look at those talons! Theyre crazy!" Blinking at the twisted black claws Cinder gingerly paws the dead birds legs, "If we can get them off we could so use these, I know it." A sharp, durable, hooked tool of some sort. Why wouldn't they keep them? The thick scent of blood and fresh death hits her suddenly, breaking the Quilava out of her fantasy. Taking a step back from the body she suddenly realizes how close Kaze had gotten. "Should we gather up the others then? Tell them foods on and...-"

Cinder's voice trails off as her golden eyes shift up to the Honchkrows face. Her voice shakes with an accusation, "You.. you went with Miyu. Gathering food. Why isn't she here, why isn't she with you? Where are the others!?"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:12 am

Battle Frontier | Afternoon l (75)(9)

The presence of a Legend made the Eevee a little cocky - while indeed she had every reason to feel safe with Mesprit, common sense was lost to Miyu. She padded herself along with her carelessness, until she felt her foot catch a stray branch. Miyu stumbled forward with a squeak, nearly flailing to get her balance back.
    She glowered at the said branch, standing right again; but realizing Mesprit had been behind her a few paces, she flushed in embarrassment. "Pesky branch." Miyu smiled, looking to the Legend but the latter's expression seemed to be that of... concern? Or just thought? "Is something wrong, Mesprit?"

"Miyu, I've been meaning to ask - and discuss with you - about Rebel. I'm not sure what kind of a relationship you two had, but I feel like you need to know. He's... Unstable. How long have you known him, and is that enough to risk your own life if he goes... Downhill?" ... What? Miyu blinked, looking at Mesprit for a moment before she was able to find some sort of reply: "If he goes downhill, I'll figure out a way to make him better. I've seen monsters - Reb is just sick." Miyu earnestly believed her words as though she were completely oblivious to his status as an undead. The Eevee's paws picked up her pace again, nearly accidentally leaving Mesprit behind as Miyu reminisced, "Honestly, I can't remember a time when Rebel wasn't around. He was kind of like a big brother when I didn't have anyone else."

"And then..." Miyu's voice grew lower, somber. "The day I lost him, we had been hearing about weird Pokémon. He said it was fine though, and then... Then a purple-ish Pokémon with huge claws attacked us. He saved me... and I ran. I ran away from him as he was dying." As Mesprit caught back up from her place a little bit back, Miyu ducked her head a little in shame, ears flattening. "All I'm saying is that if he'd give everything up for me, I'll do the same for him."

((OoC - Skipping Rebel.))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:48 am