Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+9
Kaze
Min
Dandelion
ShadowCharizard
Duma
IceBlade
Nightfall
renegade
Lugia
13 posters

News you've been waiting for

Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

News you've been waiting for Empty News you've been waiting for

Post by Lugia Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:20 am

With the release of X and Y already under our collective belts, your dedicated admins have been discussing the logistics of the new pokemon, the new type, and the new features that the 6th generation has introduced. Since it's already November, we figured we should go ahead and give some news regarding it:

HOMAHGERD NEW POKEMON!

ALL new species of pokemon introduced (aside from Legendaries and non-released pokemon) will be available. Unfortunately, Nintendo has not yet released an official Pokedex, detailing any possible changes in all 718 current pokemon's movesets. As you know, our profile Admin has to have access to any and all moves a certain pokemon can learn to keep in check. So, while we will be allowing any and all 6th gen pokemon aside Legends and whatnot, we will not be allowing them just yet. Not until we have access to a 6th gen full national pokedex. Mewtwo, brace yourself for all the fennekins and sylveons.)

FFFFFFFFFNEW TYPE!

Like with Johto's appearance, this gen has changed some typings with the introduction of the Fairy Type. We will of course acknowledge this, and any character that calls for a change (Gardevoir, Marill, etc.) will be allowed, and enforced after a period of time. Fairy moves will be permissible to edit into one of these qualifying characters, i.e. any pokemon that can learn a new 6th gen move. These will, of course, have to be reviewed and re-accepted by the profile admin. No other kind of editing will be allowed for already accepted characters.

Fairy types will also be resistant to the Virus.

BUHNEW REGION!

While we do know a sufficient amount of information about Kalos itself, we are keeping Kalos areas off limits for new teams to start.

MEGA-EVOLUTIONSFDBSURGVBKA!

While a part of canon and a now very poignant part of gameplay, we will be barring mega evolutions from rp. As they require a trainer, a very rare bracelet and a pokemon holding a certain, also rare stone, it's too cumbersome to allow into mainstream rp. Besides, as this is a different kind of atmosphere, the mega evolution could be triggered almost constantly, putting that character at an OP state, hindering our balance. So, while we acknowledge their existence, Mega Evolutions simply aren't necessary or functional here.

EDIT!
    After some discussion, we are also allowing hidden abilities on all role playable pokemon. With hidden abilities now available in horde encounters and the Friend Safari, we feel it's now appropriate to release them here.

In order to have a hidden ability on your character, you must also have a spare Mutator ticket.

Note: it will not be appropriate to edit an existing character's ability.

Any arguments toward the opposite of these rules is encouraged, as we're always eager to hear from you guys.

Any questions can also be placed here, and we'll do our best to answer them.

Uxie, could you also edit these new rules into our rules thread? Thank you.

Last edited by Lugia on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

News you've been waiting for Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

News you've been waiting for Empty Re: News you've been waiting for

Post by Nightfall Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:19 am

FFFFU-- Fennekin and Sylveon overload iminent. DX

Great news though, can't wait to start experimenting. 

Can I ask why Kalos is currently unavailable for team creation?
    IceBlade
    IceBlade
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by IceBlade Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:19 pm

In regards to the Mega-volution (as I deem Mega Evolution), my thoughts are that only certain people, say higher-ranked people with exceptional skill And a human character, can use it, but it will have a ONCE a day post (this shall be determined by how long it takes for 24 hours to progress in a thread, mind you all). In regards to Mega-volution, as told to me by a pokemon psuedo-afficianado, the transformation comes with a cost: Lower Defense and Special Defense for a much more powerful Attck, Special Attack, and higher Speed stats. With that said, aside from appearance changes, A pokemon DOES become more powerful (Kanghaskhan or however you spell it pulls its kid from the pouch and guess what? Combos for even single hit moves now due to the kid) with a slight limitation.

If anyone can think of a better idea, go ahead and say it.
    IceBlade
    IceBlade
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by IceBlade Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:20 pm

Alternatively, Mega-volution in certain pokemon's cases, say Gengar, can be potential Harbinger ideas, as if the virus itself made the Mega Evolution become permanent. Again, if anyone can think of better ideas, feel free to say it.
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:35 am

Nightfall: With 6 other regions to explore, we feel that it's fairly unnecessary for another region to be thrown into the mix. Some regions are barely represented in the teams that we have. If we were at the capacity like we were before the purge, we would be a little more lenient to the idea of opening up Kalos. But with the previous reasons, as well as the looming fact that there might be DLC in the future containing a sort of Sevii Islands sort of area, it's better to just wait.

The viral outbreak status of the Kalos region (i.e.: Orre is overrun) is unknown at this time, however.

IceBlade: While that is an interesting notion, I know from reading the longer rp threads that it could take literal months to get through a single day in rp. By that time, the user might forget, or, just get impatient and use it again. Also, it doesn't really stand to canon, as you can go through hundreds of different pokemon battles in a single day in the game and use the Mega Evolution for every single one of those battles.

Actually, your pseudo-aficionado is rather wrong: Mega-Evolutions do not come with that price. Not for all pokemon. Take aggron for example:

A normal Aggron stats are these, when they are at the highest EV and a beneficial nature toward that stat-- HP:344  ATT:350  DEF:504  SP. ATT:240  SP. DEF:240  SPD:218

And while the Mega Evolution is in place:
    HP:344  ATT:416  DEF:614  SP. ATT:244  SP. DEF:284  SPD:218

The stats don't do anything but stay stagnant or go up. Hideously up. No-- the "costs" of the evolution is that is a) only lasts during the battle, b) a trainer may only use a single Mega Evolution during a single battle and c) the pokemon's item slot is used up, which is something that can truly sway a battle.

As for the Harbinger idea, I'm personally leaning toward no. They would have to get to a Mega Evolution in the first place, which is impossible. They have no trainer. They have no love for that Trainer. They do not have the stone required. So, while an interesting thought, I'm afraid it doesn't have a place here.

Any other questions are welcomed.

Lugia
    Admin

Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:06 am

Awwwwwwwwe yea

Goodra here I come
    IceBlade
    IceBlade
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by IceBlade Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Well thanks for correcting me Admin-Lugia, I actually get the idea that Harbingers wouldn't get that power anyway. But in some cases, the stats could decrease, depending on the Mega Evolution. Just have to look them up.

As far as what regions are underrepresented, I would like to know which ones to possibly join in on or make a team for, but this can be sent to me via private message.

And Kalos' exclusion... I can see that. We have 1. Kanto, 2. Johto, 3. Hoenn, 4. Sinnoh, 5. Unova, and 6. Orre, excluding the regions in the Rokemon Rangers games. With a 7th region that has a potential DLC (which shouldn't cost a thing, NINTENDO) for new areas, there would be a lot of confusion among the threads and admins. IN addition to the fact that we'd need a three new admins: Admin Xerneas, Admin Yveltal, and Admin Zygarde, along with the moderators for Hoopa, Volcanion, and the other new legendary. Overall, the site would experience a large growth, and a difficult one to manage at that.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:57 pm

my take on this mega evolution is well I don't see the reason for it in rps since humans are missing from most of the world I would feel that relying on team effort in bringing the toughest of challenges down.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 pm

How will the new evolution methods work in character historys/RP?
    Notably I mean Inkay and Sylveon as the latter would be rather similar to becoming Espeon/Umbreon and Inkay would.. just be upside down?
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:33 pm

@Iceblade
    Only Elite users may start or lead teams. c:
    Also, there would be no need for more admins or moderators--nor are the legendaries chosen by what region they are in. (I mean, we don't have a Sinnoh or a Unova pokemon admins but we still have both regions available.) Staff are hired whenever the site requires more people to maintain it.

@Cinder
    the thought of a Inkay flipping itself upside down while levelling up just to evolve is amusing |D
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 pm

That it would. x3 It's just Inkay - "Oh yay! I can evolve!" *flip*
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:59 pm

In battle Inkay flips itself upside down for fun so it's not completely unreasonable to assume it might do it during battle for fun~
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:06 am

Iceblade: Lulu is correct. Only Elites are allowed to begin/ lead teams, and a new team may only be started when all available teams are full. Besides, if you wanted to see which regions are ill-represented, just look at the teams. When I say "represented", I mean how many teams are in each region. 

Also, as far as the Mega-Evolution stat changes go, only 4 out of 28 have a stat decrease, three of them being the Speed Stat and the last being one of the defenses on Mewtwo Y, since his build is more like the Attack Deoxys forme. So saying that stat decreases are part of the drawbacks isn't really the case. Those that lose Speed gain exponential defenses, turning the pokemon into more of a tank build, rather than a sweeper. I would suggest performing your own research on Mega-Evolutions before correcting or suggesting ideas based on the word of a person that sounds like that haven't really explored all the Mega-Evolutions themselves. 

Cinderspark: Hmm. Well, I suppose the upside-down thing would work? Hahaha. /flip/ But as far as Sylveon goes, I suppose it'd be the same like Espeon/Umbreon, they just have to have a Fairy-move. A Sylveon evolution would take priority over Espeon if a Fairy move is known.

Lugia
    Admin

Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:20 pm

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG UPDATE. LOOKY.

Lugia
    Admin

Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:57 pm

HIDDEN ABILITIES BLESS.
    MAGIC BOUNCE HERE I COME.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:29 pm

YES HIDDEN ABILITIES!
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:26 pm

Heeeeeell yes, Darmantian-Z here I come!
    IceBlade
    IceBlade
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by IceBlade Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:22 am

Darmanitan-Z? I like thae sound of that -flees to Serebii-
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:41 pm

I was just wondering if there was a Kalos national Pokedex yet and whether we can start using Kalos Pokemon as characters?
    Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:25 pm

No official dex has been released yet so unfortunately, no.
    Even the sprites haven't all been put up on bulba.

It's a slow process for this region.

News you've been waiting for 3Br5nS6

News you've been waiting for ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotNews you've been waiting for UugYyDK
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Worth the wait, I even considered making a sylveon once the kalos region dex is complete.
    Avalanche
    Avalanche
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Avalanche Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:55 pm

In regards to mega-evolution, the game seems to state it as a recent discovery. Considering the condition of the current world I'd say it's likely that this discovery was never made.
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:10 pm

All right, guys. With the official 6th gen national dex out, it's time.

Consider 6th generation pokemon, abilities and moves
    UNLOCKED

Have at, darlings.

Lugia
    Admin

Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:47 pm

W00t! B) Count me in for making a 6th gen pokemon. I guess that means there will have to be a new bedge created for fairy types, huh?

News you've been waiting for Yx8XtF9

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    Larka's Art Shop
    Sketchbook

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 am